Type keyword(s) to search

Karen Huger: The Grand Dame of Great Falls, VA

• Start Topic

(edited)

This thread is to discuss Karen Huger, a woman known to be edgy -- and edge-less -- all at the same time. Gives good "Auntie" when in a nice mood, but can also be quite contentious. Known for getting any of the ladies together -- unless her name is Charrisse -- Karen will always slay, even when her wig is lopsided.

Edited by eXiled
  • LOL 2
On 11/25/2020 at 10:51 PM, J80134 said:

Karen, I know you think your mole is very Cindy Crawford, but all I see is 

Themole.jpg

THANK YOU for this: moley, moley, moley!!!

Karen’s a beautiful lady, but that big ol’ scabby-looking mole is such a distraction that it’s all I see when I look at her. Well, that and her latest fright wig.
Moles only work as beauty marks when they’re small and dainty, not large and nipple-like.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I bit the bullet and bought a bottle of La Dame for my 88 year old MIL. I heard it was an "old lady" scent, so I figured she'd like it. 

She just got it, and she LOOOOVES it. Thanks Karen! 🤣

LOL.  I'm desperately trying to get an Embellished cap and if that fails I may be buying a bottle.  The price point is fair I suppose, but $80 for a gift thats not a first choice.  And I guess ships in a week?  Ugh.  

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I didn't pay anywhere near $80! Shop around!

Ha ha, on the La'Damme website, that parfume is $88!  If I'm forced I'll shop around, but I can just imagine it smelling like a cody knockoff of White Shoulders.  

On 11/25/2020 at 11:51 PM, J80134 said:

Karen, I know you think your mole is very Cindy Crawford, but all I see is 

Themole.jpg

I found Karen's mole to be extremely distracting to the point of only being able to fixate on it the first three seasons which I binged this summer, but now I'm getting used to it.

However, the overly processed, flat, platinum blonde wigs that Karen has been sporting for the past couple of seasons are doing her no favors either. All I see is this:

b998a031c3d24551dc4174c002fc5ec1.png

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

HSN has it for about $60. 

Thats hilarious.  LOL.  Thankfully I found an alternative gift.  I like Robyn but she really ought to strike while the iron is hot.  She never thought that being on a hit reality show and selling her own product at Christmas would spark a need for extra inventory?  Why not just have the inventory, the caps aren't going to spoil or go rotten! I'm just salty cause those caps look cute.  AND, the entire cast photo is on her website now.  

I mean, Karen's perfume is so well stocked that its under the original retail price!  Come on Robyn, get it together!

• Love 4
This website uses the accessibility tool.  Click to activate the accessibility tool.
World Cafe Live
MENU

KAREN HUGER LIVE “AN EVENING WITH THE GRANDE DAME & FRIENDS”

Karen_85891670587576.jpeg
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 02, 2023
Doors: 6:30pm | Show: 8pm

Join us before the show for dinner & drinks in The Lounge, our full-service restaurant & bar which opens at 6pm. See the menu & make reservations here. Mezzanine ticket holders will be able to order from The Lounge menu right from their seat.

World Cafe Live is a nonprofit independent venue where artistry meets social impact. Every purchase helps support our free music education & community programs.

Covid Policy: Unless otherwise stated, World Cafe Live will follow the City of Philadelphia’s current Covid-19 guidelines.

Karen Huger Live “An Evening with The Grande Dame & Friends”
Instagram
Enjoy “An Evening with the Grande Dame & Friends” at World Cafe Live on Thursday Feb 2nd! Real Housewives of Potomac star Karen Huger will host the evening as a kick off to her East Coast Tri-City LIVE tour! The evening will be full of special guest performances and entertainment from a legendary lineup! Doors will open at 6:30 Pm and the show will begin at 8 pm. Stay tuned for talent lineup!

VIP Information:
VIP ticket-holders will have preferred seating in the first three rows and a post show meet & greet/photo op with The Grande Dame herself!

World Cafe Live

3025 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104

©2022 World Cafe Live

Box Office (215.222.1400)
Tuesday – Friday: 10am-10pm
Saturday: 5pm-10pm
+ during events

The Lounge (restaurant + bar)
Tuesday – Saturday: Open at 6pm

Tickets are $30-$80.

• Useful 2

I noticed on her website the home page says LA DAME but everywhere else it is La'Dame, not only is that confusing but the apostrophe is misused, it is incorrectly used and it should have been dealt with by who ever designed the logo or packaging.  It makes Karen look less than polished as the Grand Dame, she really cannot throw stones now.

Also, a limited edition candle for $130 is nuts, for that kind of money I want Karen to come over and light it herself and then I can mock her for the entire time it burns. 

• LOL 8
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I noticed on her website the home page says LA DAME but everywhere else it is La'Dame, not only is that confusing but the apostrophe is misused, it is incorrectly used and it should have been dealt with by who ever designed the logo or packaging.  It makes Karen look less than polished as the Grand Dame, she really cannot throw stones now.

Also, a limited edition candle for $130 is nuts, for that kind of money I want Karen to come over and light it herself and then I can mock her for the entire time it burns. 

Karen probably won’t come light the candle, but, you can probably get Robin to come over for a few bucks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 11/8/2023 at 6:20 PM, Bronzedog said:

Karen probably won’t come light the candle, but, you can probably get Robin to come over for a few bucks.

And Juan will come along to help you with your laundry...

• LOL 7
20 minutes ago, Axie said:

Welp, Karen was charged with a DUI today.  Wonder how that’s going to affect her Grand Dame status.

What happened to Mr. Blue Eyes or her driver?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

What happened to Mr. Blue Eyes or her driver?

I don’t know.  Maybe he was home with his wife. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
26 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I am clutching my pearls at this news of the Grand Dame, lol.  And I will ask again what is wrong with the women of supposed wealth, why are they not using Uber or a hired car and driver?  

Karen was within 10 minutes of her rented home in Potomac.

I feel like we have heard about Karen and her driving under the influence before, am I mis remembering?

How did she have a suspended registration?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

The cast has said Karen calls them up in drunk rants.

Gizelle has said Karen needs to speak her drunk truth.

Charrisse has said Karen is known as the drunk of Potomac falling off bar stools.

This is Karen's 2nd DUI offense.

Karen has an alcohol problem and it has nothing to do with her mom because the 1st DUI offense happened before her parents died. She wasn't even her parents' caretaker (which will drive you to the bottle), her sister was.

Karen needs to get it together.  She needs to surrender her license (although the state of Maryland may do it for her) and use some of her BRAVO check to hire a driver.

Don't end up like that girl who was allegedly drunk and  drove the wrong way down the highway in Maryland Sunday morning, killing herself and another motorist. 

I don't want any of the returning cast members using this situation to clown her, but to hold her accountable because she could've killed other people or herself.

I don't believe there was any other car involved either.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel like we have heard about Karen and her driving under the influence before, am I mis remembering?

I think you are right. Maybe it was mentioned during an earlier season? Or between seasons?

ETA: drivethroo and I were posting at the same time.

Looks like they threw the book at Karen. Lots of charges.

I would give my best vintage pocketbook to see police cam footage of the traffic stop (arrest?).

Also, some jurisdictions publish arrest photos. I checked Montgomery County - nothing....yet.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4

This is Karen's list of charges (taken from Lipstick Alley, which got it from Reddit):

Citations: 2024

• DRIVING VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY WITH SUSPENDED REGISTRATION
  • DRIVING VEH. WHILE IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL
  • NEGLIGENT DRIVING VEHICLE IN CARELESS AND IMPRUDENT MANNER ENDANGERING PROPERTY, LIFE AND PERSON
  • RECKLESS DRIVING VEHICLE IN WANTON AND WILLFUL DISREGARD FOR SAFETY OF PERSONS AND PROPERTY
  • DRIVING VEHICLE IN EXCESS OF REASONABLE AND PRUDENT SPEED ON HIGHWAY
  • FAILURE TO CONTROL VEHICLE SPEED ON HIGHWAY TO AVOID COLLISION
  • DRIVING VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY WITH SUSPENDED REGISTRATION
  • FAILURE OF LICENSEE TO NOTIFY ADMINISTRATION OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS WITHIN 30 DAYS 

It is verified on the Maryland Court Case Website.

I'm interested to know about the change of address charge.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
30 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It is verified on the Maryland Court Case Website.

It is the first place I went to for sure, that policeman wrote a lot of citations but did not take her in when he wrote the one about being impaired by alcohol?

32 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I'm interested to know about the change of address charge.  

Me too. I looked at her house (google maps) at the address listed as her address per citations and that house is a brick Mcmansion just like all the others so who knows.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

CARELESS AND IMPRUDENT MANNER

I mean...

that policeman wrote a lot of citations but did not take her in when he wrote the one about being impaired by alcohol

I've watched arrest videos on YouTube, and in some jurisdictions the police are exceedingly patient with the drunken subjects, spending lengthy amounts of time trying to convince them to turn off the car, provide a name, provide a drivers license, get out of the car, and so on.  The more obnoxious drunks get detained and sometimes arrested. I don't understand at what point a suspect gets a booking photo, because sometimes they simply keep them for several hours to sober up and then go home, and sometimes they jail them and send them before a judge.

According to the link provided by drivethroo, Karen's been a busy gal since 1999.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

According to Radar Online, Karen was arrested, taken down to the Bethesda police station and she refused a breathalyzer.

Can they force you to take a breathalyzer and if you refuse, how would they know what your blood alcohol count was? Because I can see Karen claiming she was not drunk and refused to take the breathalyzer because she was so emotional over her mother and taking the breathalyzer would be an admission of guilt.

In Florida, you can refuse to take the breathalyzer, but refusing can result in an immediate license suspension and a forced blood draw. Some folks will refuse to do the breathalyzer hoping that when the other tests are done some time later, their blood alcohol level will be lower.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Another HW (or HW offspring) charged with a DUI. The last one was Shannon Beador of the OC HWs in October. 

Karen moved to another rental if there was a change of address. Potomac is going to start filming soon for the new season. And we were just saying she looked good at the reunion.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

According to Radar Online, Karen was arrested, taken down to the Bethesda police station and she refused a breathalyzer.

Can they force you to take a breathalyzer and if you refuse, how would they know what your blood alcohol count was? Because I can see Karen claiming she was not drunk and refused to take the breathalyzer because she was so emotional over her mother and taking the breathalyzer would be an admission of guilt.

I don't think they can force you to take a breathalyzer, but an officer can say that they smelled alcohol in your breath, or your clothes. Refusing to take it is going to be held against you. 

• Useful 2

Does Karen have a publicist? A lawyer? I want to know who's responsible for her statement to TMZ when news of the accident had broken but news of her DUI hadn't yet. Because to call it disingenuous would be polite. These are . . . a lot of lies.

"Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes during this very frightening experience. I am still in shock from last nights incident, but grateful to be alive today. With the  passing of my Beloved Mother, Grief comes and goes in waves, and with Mothers Day approaching it has felt more like a tsunami.

Last night I met a girlfriend for dinner, we talked and brought up some very emotionally sensitive topics. I was crying on my way home and saw a car heading right for me. I swerved to avoid the head-on collision, hit the divider and then a tree. I'm hurt, bruised up a bit, but so grateful I am alive! I did receive citations, one of which was unrelated to the incident which is understandable, but what was most surprising is that the car that almost hit me just drove away!

I would like to stress, it’s important to understand your emotional state when driving and may this be a reminder to all to use their seatbelts, my Mother may be my Guardian Angel but the seatbelt saved my life."

Source

I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope she gets the help she needs. But if she comes back next season, she absolutely deserves to be held accountable for this, the same way Shannon from OC should be.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2

Her parents died in 2017 and 18. They were elderly. I’m sure she’s heartbroken to have lost them but it feels wrong to me to use them in a statement like that.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Does Karen have a publicist? A lawyer? I want to know who's responsible for her statement to TMZ when news of the accident had broken but news of her DUI hadn't yet. Because to call it disingenuous would be polite. These are . . . a lot of lies.

Shannon Beador acted in a similar (disingenuous) way. She has a publicist. She hit a house while driving under the influence, she managed to drive a few feet away after that, she came out of her car which was left in the middle of the road, and pretended she was walking her dog (her dog was with her) when the police arrived! Unfortunately for her the nearby houses had cameras, and the residents called the police immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Her parents died in 2017 and 18. They were elderly. I’m sure she’s heartbroken to have lost them but it feels wrong to me to use them in a statement like that.

Karen's parents actually weren't that elderly.  I want to say Ray was the same age as her parents. So if she is 60 and she said Ray is 17 years older than her, that means Ray is about 77 or 78 years old. So her parents if they were still alive would be 77/78 years old.  That's old but it's not *that* old.

The early demise of her parents is probably why Karen is concerned about 5% buildup because she's probably fearful she will have a shortened life like her parents.

17 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Karen was trying to get ahead of the story but as we see with the British Royal Family fiasco, lying about your situation only makes things worse. TMZ says she refused to go to the hospital for evaluation, probably because she knew they would draw her blood to test for her alcohol levels (or any other substance).

Karen needs to check into rehab TODAY and stay in the program or Ray might force her to come off this show.

She shouldn't have lied because now TMZ is reporting a security guard saw the whole thing happen. I would also think in that area there would be a bunch of security cameras around.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Well, Karen your Maserati is totaled and you can’t drive it 185

My Maserati does 185 
I lost my license, now I don't drive 
I have a limo, ride in the back 
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked

(just trying for a bit of levity, but this is a serious situation)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, Karen your Maserati is totaled and you can’t drive it 185

My Maserati does 185 
I lost my license, now I don't drive 
I have a limo, ride in the back 
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked

(just trying for a bit of levity, but this is a serious situation)

Life's been good to me so far! 😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 6:07 PM, KenyaJ said:

Hmm... I dunno. I kind of thought her statement was brilliant! Disingenuous? Yes! But, prompt, apologetic & the personal details made me feel sympathetic towards her. I feel it was a good statement for a bad situation she should never have been in in the first place.

Just to be clear: she was dead wrong for driving in that state. Thank Goodness nobody was killed or seriously injured! However, her statement was giving media training to me.

17 hours ago, drivethroo said:

She shouldn't have lied because now TMZ is reporting a security guard saw the whole thing happen. I would also think in that area there would be a bunch of security cameras around.

Do you mean she lied about another car running her off the road & leaving the scene? What did the security guard say?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Karen's parents actually weren't that elderly.  I want to say Ray was the same age as her parents. So if she is 60 and she said Ray is 17 years older than her, that means Ray is about 77 or 78 years old. So her parents if they were still alive would be 77/78 years old.  That's old but it's not *that* old.

The early demise of her parents is probably why Karen is concerned about 5% buildup because she's probably fearful she will have a shortened life like her parents.

Karen was trying to get ahead of the story but as we see with the British Royal Family fiasco, lying about your situation only makes things worse. TMZ says she refused to go to the hospital for evaluation, probably because she knew they would draw her blood to test for her alcohol levels (or any other substance).

Karen needs to check into rehab TODAY and stay in the program or Ray might force her to come off this show.

I didn’t realize they were that young. I had mistakenly thought they were in their 80s.

I hope she gets the help she needs. I do remember the ladies saying she drunk dials them.

• Like 1
(edited)

I wonder what zip code the accident was in.  I saw a headline this morning that the car had caught fire but when I went back to read it, I couldn’t find it so I’m not sure that is true.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I wonder what zip code the accident was in.  I saw a headline this morning that the car had caught fire but when I went back to read it, I couldn’t find it so I’m not sure that is true.

I'm not sure, only that she was arrested and taken down to the Bethesda police station.

This is the article  saying Karen's car caught fire. 

The anonymous person is technically correct but also full of shit because no children, dog walkers, pedestrians or cyclists would've been crossing the street at 11:50 pm on a Tuesday. Yes those groups could've been out there but at almost midnight on a school/worknight, not likely to be.  I doubt this person even saw anything.

The article says there were bottles of Stella in the car.

I've seen sentiment where fans of the show think Gizelle & Robyn will tear Karen a new one for this storyline. As vile as Gizelle is, I don't think she would and Robyn would follow her lead (now if Candiace or Wendy were busted for drunk driving they would both be going in on them).

Candiace offered words of support for Karen during a recent interview so I doubt she would do it and I don't think Wendy would either.

It would be Mia or Charrisse doing the ripping of Karen, not anyone else.

• Like 3

I doubt she will get any real consequences for this. Most celebrities don't. I expect the charges will be reduced, some of them thrown out as part of a deal, and she'll get off with fines, probation and possibly community service. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I doubt she will get any real consequences for this. Most celebrities don't. I expect the charges will be reduced, some of them thrown out as part of a deal, and she'll get off with fines, probation and possibly community service. 

Shannon Beador of the OC HWs got only probation, not even community service. She said specifically she didn't want to do community service (to show you how entitled people are- her family is rich, and well known in the area), and her attorney helped with not having to do it.

7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They might force her to go to AA or something like that. Wasn't that part of Shannon Beador's deal?

Shannon Beador wanted to go to a short term outpatient facility, and I'm not sure she even had to do this. I saw an article yesterday, and she got only probation for the DUI. 

• Useful 1

According to the Washington Post, Karen has six previous traffic-related citations - I think reckless behaviors - and of course now two DUIs. She'll definitely plea down some of the charges, as many people do, but I wonder if Montgomery County will lean on her about the drinking.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 3/23/2024 at 9:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I didn’t realize they were that young. I had mistakenly thought they were in their 80s.

I hope she gets the help she needs. I do remember the ladies saying she drunk dials them.

Both of the parents had dementia.

• Sad 2