Type keyword(s) to search

Where Are They Now?

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't "hate" Matt, I just think he should never have been chosen as a mate.  I do agree that he's angry that he wasn't paired with someone he thought was attractive. 

And the producers made that horrible pairing on purpose. I don't think Amber is ugly, and she's certainly someone's type, but she's not Matt's type. And that's fine. I think it was cruel to pair a hobo basketball player with a clingy short woman. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, topanga said:

And the producers made that horrible pairing on purpose. I don't think Amber is ugly, and she's certainly someone's type, but she's not Matt's type. And that's fine. I think it was cruel to pair a hobo basketball player with a clingy short woman. 

Yeah, I find some of the physical pairings really weird. Obviously everyone's attraction doesn't conform to stereotype, and I don't find Matt very attractive, personally--I think many people would be attracted to Amber and Matt doesn't have much going for him besides his height--but I feel like I'd speak to him for 5 minutes and know he wanted a curvy-sexy "IG model" type. Same thing with Zach & Mindy from Season 10. Mindy is very pretty, and I have no doubt she has no issue getting plenty of guys' attention. But I would see Zach's Instagram once and know that he probably wanted a glam girl who loved fashion and contouring her makeup on a daily basis. Do they purposely try to mismatch them? I assume so, sometimes. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, I find some of the physical pairings really weird. Obviously everyone's attraction doesn't conform to stereotype, and I don't find Matt very attractive, personally--I think many people would be attracted to Amber and Matt doesn't have much going for him besides his height--but I feel like I'd speak to him for 5 minutes and know he wanted a curvy-sexy "IG model" type. Same thing with Zach & Mindy from Season 10. Mindy is very pretty, and I have no doubt she has no issue getting plenty of guys' attention. But I would see Zach's Instagram once and know that he probably wanted a glam girl who loved fashion and contouring her makeup on a daily basis. Do they purposely try to mismatch them? I assume so, sometimes. 

But could you tell that about him by peeking in his underwear drawer?  😄 

• LOL 6

I don't get what's really going on with the divorce/separation papers, and yeah, I wouldn't sign something on a TV show, but Matt also didn't appear to disagree with Amber's claim that she'd sent *something* three times thus far that he'd refused to sign. He doesn't seem to have any issue with defending himself, so I'm inclined to believe that some aspect of the story is true, no matter how they've trussed it up/scripted it to make it make sense on the show.

And evidently he also couldn't be bothered to sign them after the show either. He definitely knows there is something she thinks he needs to sign for them to get divorced and he's not making any effort to either figure out if that's true or not and then sign it if it needs to be signed. I think he's lazy and selfish and just doesn't bother. When there is something in it for him, he will grunt, grab a Sharpie and put a big X where his signature is supposed to go and call it a day.

I don't "hate" Matt, I just think he should never have been chosen as a mate.  I do agree that he's angry that he wasn't paired with someone he thought was attractive. 

Hate is a really strong word so I won't use it but I really can't stand him. I don't care how unattractive he thought Amber was, he treated her horribly on the show and on the reunion. He's an ass with an overinflated ego. 

• Love 6

Matt is the scum of the earth.  He didn't find Amber attractive and found her too "needy" but he had no problem having sex with her and leading her on anyway.

As bad as Zach was he never did that to Mindy.  He knew he wasn't attracted to her but he didn't use her and lead her on.  Which is actually to his credit, as much as I hate to admit that.  As bad as he is, I don't think Zach has it in him to be that much of a prick.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Matt is the scum of the earth.  He didn't find Amber attractive and found her too "needy" but he had no problem having sex with her and leading her on anyway.

As bad as Zach was he never did that to Mindy.  He knew he wasn't attracted to her but he didn't use her and lead her on.  Which is actually to his credit, as much as I hate to admit that.  As bad as he is, I don't think Zach has it in him to be that much of a prick.

It’s been awhile since that first episode aired, but I thought Matt initially found Amber attractive. Maybe he just liked her dolled up on her wedding day and isn’t into tomboys? It was definitely cruel to lead Amber on like he did. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I know that in my state, when I got divorced after my first marriage, there were several rounds of agreements to sign. It was an amicable divorce, no assets, no kids, no court. We still had to sign an initial agreement before anything could be filed, and then those papers had to be returned six months later, and then we had to sign those, and *then* one of us had to go in and hand in the papers physically at the courthouse. And we lived in a state where it was far easier to get a divorce than in NC. There was still definitely initial paperwork of some kind that we both had to sign in order to get started.

Okay, that was your divorce, in another state.  And for what it's worth, that doesn't sound far easier than North Carolina, where the only requirement is that one of the people file, after being separated for a year.

She might not be calling it the right thing, but I just remember there being several rounds of paperwork requiring both signatures, even though we were definitely already separated and in agreement that we would get a divorce.

The thing is, she's never called it anything.  Just "papers."  Interestingly vague, it would seem.

I'm no lawyer, but I do believe her that it's likely that there's some initial paperwork step he refuses to take as some kind of revenge or just to be snotty. If it wasn't true at all, I highly doubt he'd be willing to go along with that story, even if producer-concocted.

This was posted upthread, but here it is again (from the North Carolina Courts website):

As long as you are eligible for a divorce, your spouse does not have to agree to the divorce. If you file for divorce, your spouse does not have to complete or sign any paperwork, file anything with the court, or go to court for the divorce hearing. However, your spouse must receive proper legal notice of the divorce case that you file.

And someone posted a tweet from a North Carolina lawyer that said, "Hell, he ain't even got to sign anything."

What more do people want???  They're going to believe a reality TV person waving papers around over both the North Carolina court system AND a North Carolina lawyer saying he doesn't have to sign anything?

Actually, here's more.  How about the document that a person uses to file for divorce?

http://www2.nccourts.org/selfserve/forms/Absolute-Divorce.pdf#page=20&zoom=110,792,711

There's a line for the signature of only the person filing the Complaint for Divorce.  There's no place for Matt to sign even if he wanted to sign something, never mind a place where he's required to sign in order for the complaint to be filed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And someone posted a tweet from a North Carolina lawyer that said, "Hell, he ain't even got to sign anything."

What more do people want???  They're going to believe a reality TV person waving papers around over both the North Carolina court system AND a North Carolina lawyer saying he doesn't have to sign anything?

Actually, here's more.  How about the document that a person uses to file for divorce?

http://www2.nccourts.org/selfserve/forms/Absolute-Divorce.pdf#page=20&zoom=110,792,711

There's a line for the signature of only the person filing the Complaint for Divorce.  There's no place for Matt to sign even if he wanted to sign something, never mind a place where he's required to sign in order for the complaint to be filed.

What about assets? Is there something a person can sign declaring they won't go after their ex-spouse's assets? 

21 minutes ago, topanga said:

What about assets? Is there something a person can sign declaring they won't go after their ex-spouse's assets? 

I don't know.  But even if there is, it's not a condition that must be met before filing for divorce.

Here's what the NC Courts page says about property division:

If no one files for property division (by filing a claim for “equitable distribution”) before the absolute divorce is final, both parties forever lose the right to ask a court for a property division. If this happens, you keep only the assets that are either titled in your name or in your possession.

Sounds like that would cover their situation.  If it doesn't, they need to lawyer up, and the lawyers will handle all the back-and-forth.

Either way, there's no reason Amber can't get this damn ball rolling, and she doesn't need anything from Matt to do so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think Amber just wanted to glam herself up (as best she could, bless her heart), and put on a "fuck you" dress for tv, just to show Matt what he was missing (although he's not missing anything).  I think she knew full well that he didn't need to sign those "papers" but with Kevin's help, she wanted to stick it to Matt.  She needs to move on.

• Love 4

As long as you are eligible for a divorce, your spouse does not have to agree to the divorce. If you file for divorce, your spouse does not have to complete or sign any paperwork, file anything with the court, or go to court for the divorce hearing. However, your spouse must receive proper legal notice of the divorce case that you file.

There's a line for the signature of only the person filing the Complaint for Divorce.  There's no place for Matt to sign even if he wanted to sign something, never mind a place where he's required to sign in order for the complaint to be filed.

Perhaps what Amber wants him to sign is that he received proper legal notice of the divorce case. Otherwise, she can't prove that she served him. 

Matt's a dick. Even if he isn't legally required to sign anything, he's still wrong not to wrap up this stage of their life and move on. Let him pay whatever modest fee he has to pay to a storefront lawyer to read and review a standard agreement so he can sign it and be done with it. It's the grown up thing to do and it would be good for Matt to act like a grown up for once in his thusfar wasted life.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Perhaps what Amber wants him to sign is that he received proper legal notice of the divorce case. Otherwise, she can't prove that she served him.

If people were required to sign a document in order for service to be complete, service would never be completed. 

From upthread:

After filing your case, you must ensure that your spouse is “served” with a copy of your summons and complaint. In general, this means that you must either pay a fee to have the sheriff personally serve your spouse with the documents, or send the documents to your spouse via certified mail, FedEx or UPS. If you mail the documents, you must file proof that your spouse received them with the court. In some circumstances where you are unable to locate the other person, you may be able to serve him or her by newspaper publication, but specific requirements apply. Delivering the documents to your spouse yourself is not legal service.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If people were required to sign a document in order for service to be complete, service would never be completed. 

From upthread:

Right. What are the odds that Matt has a fixed address? He was couch surfing before MAFS. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, topanga said:

They all signed prenups, so shouldn't that take care of assets?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Will there be a Couples Cam thread?

Just came here to find out if anyone watched and if there was a thread. I really enjoyed it last night.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Just came here to find out if anyone watched and if there was a thread. I really enjoyed it last night.

I thought it was interesting. It's new content during a time where there is little new content available. 

• Love 1

Enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to more episodes.  I liked the pacing (not with one couple too long) and was actually impressed that the "experts" actually got some of the matches right although it's only a small percentage of participants who have been successfully matched.  I appreciated seeing how they are dealing with the COVID-19 as well as working from home.  They all looked good and happy (and the children were adorable-and I don't often say that).  

Enjoyed seeing Deonna (sp) and Greg again as it's been awhile.  I saw the double oven in the background...

• Love 3

The three best catches on this show are Bobby, Greg, and Austin, in that order.

Nice to see Deonna has warmed up to Greg so much since filming! Surprised Greg is (playfully) dragging his feet on the baby front.

As much as I surprisingly like Jaime and Beth, I have my doubts as to whether their marriage can survive quarantine, especially since she already left SF once and moved all the way back to NC for "space."

I am with Bobby on the second baby issue. Given what Danielle went through the last time, it seems like a no brainer that she wouldn’t have any more kids. She came very close to death and there’s no guarantee that it won’t happen again, especially because it happened during her first pregnancy which is usually thought of as the most problem free, although not always. It will only get riskier the older she gets as well, which I guess is why she’s pushing for another baby so soon. Situations like these make me really wish that people weren’t so emotionally invested in the idea of biological children and would stop perceiving adoption as an inferior, last resort alternative to bio kids. In their case, pregnancy such a massive risk and adoption would be giving a child that’s already here a much needed home. 

I don’t envy lady Jamie or anyone else who has to give birth during this time. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Situations like these make me really wish that people weren’t so emotionally invested in the idea of biological children and would stop perceiving adoption as an inferior, last resort alternative to bio kids. In their case, pregnancy such a massive risk and adoption would be giving a child that’s already here a much needed home. 

Having a biological child and adopting a baby are two totally different things and while one is not superior to the other, they are not equivalent. If Bobby and Danielle are interested in raising a healthy child from infancy, adoption will be expensive and will take a long time. That is not a cliche - it’s truth. There are far more families interested in adopting healthy infants than there are infants in need of adoptive families. Those kids aren’t “already here.” The kids who are already here are largely older children and sibling groups. Wonderful, wonderful kids, but not healthy newborns.

There are many, many wonderful children in foster care who need families and if Bobby and Danielle have what it takes to do that - great! I would applaud them. The world needs more foster and adoptive parents. But... children in foster care are, by definition, children who have experienced trauma. They often have complex background stories and those waters can be challenging to navigate. And the greatest number of those children are NOT infants - they are older children. In other words, people have to want to be, not just parents but adoptive parents to a former foster child - with all the joys and challenges that entails. Not every person who wants to have a baby and parent that child to adulthood is cut out to be an adoptive parent to a child from foster care. 

Danielle has said that her doctors have told her that she can have a safe pregnancy and a healthy infant. It is not a given that she will experience HELLP syndrome again. I see her age as more a challenge, so if they want another child, they do need to have one soon or explore other options. If I wanted a baby, honestly, I’d probably pursue surrogacy before infant adoption.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The three best catches on this show are Bobby, Greg, and Austin, in that order.

Nice to see Deonna has warmed up to Greg so much since filming! Surprised Greg is (playfully) dragging his feet on the baby front.

As much as I surprisingly like Jaime and Beth, I have my doubts as to whether their marriage can survive quarantine, especially since she already left SF once and moved all the way back to NC for "space."

I am with Bobby on the second baby issue. Given what Danielle went through the last time, it seems like a no brainer that she wouldn’t have any more kids. She came very close to death and there’s no guarantee that it won’t happen again, especially because it happened during her first pregnancy which is usually thought of as the most problem free, although not always. It will only get riskier the older she gets as well, which I guess is why she’s pushing for another baby so soon. Situations like these make me really wish that people weren’t so emotionally invested in the idea of biological children and would stop perceiving adoption as an inferior, last resort alternative to bio kids. In their case, pregnancy such a massive risk and adoption would be giving a child that’s already here a much needed home. 

I loved seeing Deonna and Greg! It was so nice to see she warmed up to him, and they are so cute dang together. 

I didn't watch the season with Bobby and Danielle and not an expert on adoption. I find the posts about it interesting as I always liked the idea of adoption and it's a possibility in my future. I think adoption is a win-win both for a kid who needs love and a home and the adult who yearns for love and family. But I absolutely love babies and small children. Even though I wasn't someone who grew up wanting to be a mother all my life (due to my own childhood) and still not 100% sure), I always thought spending all day with a baby would be a dream. 

A lot of women really want to experience pregnancy and childbirth, but according to your post, Danielle has already had a baby.  I know a couple that struggled for years to have children. I kept thinking they'd adopt because they did express an interest in doing so, but they really wanted to have at least one biological child.

When it comes to an older child that has experienced trauma, I'm not sure. I had a traumatic childhood myself. I don't know if that would help or hurt. A part of me has had enough hurt in my life and wants the rest of it to be happy and easy. It would definitely make me sad I missed out on those first years of life and can't erase the pain of what they've gone through. But do I think it can be an absolutely beautiful thing? I'd like to think so. I'd like to think I could love a child so much and get the professional help if necessary (that I didn't get as a kid even though I needed it). I'm also a patient and understanding person. 

Anyhow, I won't say more because I don't want to get too OT, but I find all the information interesting and not judging folks whichever route they want to go.  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I loved seeing Deonna and Greg! It was so nice to see she warmed up to him, and they are so cute dang together. 

I didn't watch the season with Bobby and Danielle and not an expert on adoption. I find the posts about it interesting as I always liked the idea of adoption and it's a possibility in my future. I think adoption is a win-win both for a kid who needs love and a home and the adult who yearns for love and family. But I absolutely love babies and small children. Even though I wasn't someone who grew up wanting to be a mother all my life (due to my own childhood) and still not 100% sure), I always thought spending all day with a baby would be a dream. 

A lot of women really want to experience pregnancy and childbirth, but according to your post, Danielle has already had a baby.  I know a couple that struggled for years to have children. I kept thinking they'd adopt because they did express an interest in doing so, but they really wanted to have at least one biological child.

When it comes to an older child that has experienced trauma, I'm not sure. I had a traumatic childhood myself. I don't know if that would help or hurt. A part of me has had enough hurt in my life and wants the rest of it to be happy and easy. It would definitely make me sad I missed out on those first years of life and can't erase the pain of what they've gone through. But do I think it can be an absolutely beautiful thing? I'd like to think so. I'd like to think I could love a child so much and get the professional help if necessary (that I didn't get as a kid even though I needed it). I'm also a patient and understanding person. 

Anyhow, I won't say more because I don't want to get too OT, but I find all the information interesting and not judging folks whichever route they want to go.  

Bobby and Danielle have a biological child but Danielle developed HELLP syndrome, which is very serious and life threatening. She is ok, as is the baby.

I don't want to go too OT either - it's just that "why don't they just adopt" sentiments really push my buttons. Adoption can be and is a beautiful thing. I would encourage anyone who has considered it to look into all the options - domestic infant adoption (private); adoption from foster care and intercountry adoption. They are all different and have different considerations. But each is a great way to build a family. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I figure this is the right place to post this even though this thread is kind of dormant.  This is what Bennett from the New Orleans season is doing since his divorce from Amelia and there are more questions than answers.  Could this be the new love in Bennett's life?

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-reveals-co-parenting/

That looks like the greatest dog ever and I like Bennett's look much better with shorter hair.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I figure this is the right place to post this even though this thread is kind of dormant.  This is what Bennett from the New Orleans season is doing since his divorce from Amelia and there are more questions than answers.  Could this be the new love in Bennett's life?

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-reveals-co-parenting/

I saw that, and a lot of people were speculating that they're in a relationship. The way it's worded seems to lean that way. Anyway, I hope he's happy and I wish him luck.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I saw that, and a lot of people were speculating that they're in a relationship. The way it's worded seems to lean that way. Anyway, I hope he's happy and I wish him luck.

Me too.  He outed Amelia as not really being serious about finding someone but I always suspected that of him too.  I'm on record back in their season saying that I thought they went into it together just for the chance to be on a TV show.  They might have gone into it thinking that it would be a hoot if they were matched.  They knew each other already plus even if the show didn't know their intentions they were an obvious choice to match and they could have played up their similarities to make that happen.  Given Bennett's interest in strange "performance art" this might have been part of that for him.  I don't think either one of them ever intended it to be a real marriage but they put on a show of it long enough to make it look that way.  Truth can be stranger than fiction!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1