Type keyword(s) to search

Where Are They Now?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, antfitz said:

I feel sorry for Amber. I don't think she's a jerk. I think she's dealing with a jerk. Takes a lot of time and patience and after a while you'll lose it.

But....according to the website of the North Carolina Judicial Branch, a spouse can file for divorce without any action by the other spouse:

Does my spouse have to agree to the divorce?

No. As long as you are eligible for a divorce, your spouse does not have to agree to the divorce. If you file for divorce, your spouse does not have to complete or sign any paperwork, file anything with the court, or go to court for the divorce hearing. However, your spouse must receive proper legal notice of the divorce case that you file.

https://www.nccourts.gov/help-topics/divorce/separation-and-divorce

My ears perked up when Amber said they weren't even separated, because obviously they weren't living together.  But maybe North Carolina requires a signed agreement to be separated?  No.  From that website: "To be considered separated from your spouse, you need to be living in different homes, and at least one of you needs to intend that the separation be permanent."  No problem there, from how they're acting.

But after Amber said they weren't even separated, she said they weren't "legally separated," which makes me think what she's trying to get him to sign is a separation agreement.  In North Carolina, a married couple can execute a separation agreement (and it has to be notarized) to settle/agree on matters like division of property, but it's not required in order to get a divorce. 

If Amber wants to divorce so bad, assuming they've satisfied the required one-year separation period, she can just file on her own, and doesn't need Matt to sign anything.  It might be cleaner or easier if they divide up their property in advance, but it's in no way necessary. 

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding everything.  I typically don't put that kind of caveat in my refutations, but I'm finding it hard to believe that Amber is pressing this so hard if all she actually has to do is file on her own.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
#&$*% formatting
  • Useful 10
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

JamieO & Elizabeth need wardrobe interventions.

As did Amber.  That too-short dress did her no favors.

5 hours ago, JAndy said:

Matt is disgusting. What an asshole 

I still think he is the worst human being ever to be on this show, and that's saying something now that we've seen the likes of Zach, Katie and Michael.

6 hours ago, antfitz said:

I disagree. I think Molly sucked right from the beginning. She didn't think he was good looking enough or something.  She thought she was hot and he was not. I think the therapist got to know him better because he opened up and Molly didn't.   And her saying things like he made her skin crawl or something when he touched her.   Molly is a liar. Now she can blame it all on John and say that those 2 were after each other.

I think all of them suck to varying degrees.  I felt like it was way too convenient for her to claim that Jessica was biased against her from the start.  Could it be because she was really that horrible?  Nooooo, much easier for her not to accept any responsibility for what happened and act like the victim.  She can't even see how she made it easy for the two of them to get together - practically threw them together. 

5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Really didn't need to see Sam again. Neil's a class act.

He did himself no favors hanging around with Tres, though.

4 hours ago, spunky said:

Doesn’t the show pay for their divorce? Kevin just wanted him to stop his power struggle. He has his IG model, so why can’t he just sign the papers that were sent to him 3 times!?

Spite and power, pure and simple.  Horrible person.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If Amber wants to divorce so bad, assuming they've satisfied the required one-year separation period, she can just file on her own, and doesn't need Matt to sign anything.  It might be cleaner or easier if they divide up their property in advance, but it's in no way necessary. 

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding everything.  I typically don't put that kind of caveat in my refutations, but I'm finding it hard to believe that Amber is pressing this so hard if all she actually has to do is file on her own.

I hear you, at first I thought Amber just needs a better lawyer but if all of what you posted about the law in NC is true, why isn't she pushing harder for this?  She may have her own messed up reasons for not pushing to "cut the cord" with that asshole despite her protestations on camera.  She may be getting more out of being able to continue being a "victim".

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Wooooow!!! Jephte and Shawniece....not good. Not good at all.

And i can't bear the thought that Anthony had to sleep in a different room after filming. Poor guy. He's a good catch. I'm glad they worked it out.

Also, I can't believe that Bobby spends more money that Danielle, she of the maxed-out credit cards.

I know Danielle was portrayed as the big spender during  their season, now they’re saying Bobby spends more....and yes came with cc debt too!  She looks different too, less makeup and way less eyebrows ha ha

Glad to see those three couples are still working on their marriages especially since they all have a baby now too.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But....according to the website of the North Carolina Judicial Branch, a spouse can file for divorce without any action by the other spouse:

My ears perked up when Amber said they weren't even separated, because obviously they weren't living together.  But maybe North Carolina requires a signed agreement to be separated?  No.  From that website: "To be considered separated from your spouse, you need to be living in different homes, and at least one of you needs to intend that the separation be permanent."  No problem there, from how they're acting.

But after Amber said they weren't even separated, she said they weren't "legally separated," which makes me think what she's trying to get him to sign is a separation agreement.  In North Carolina, a married couple can execute a separation agreement (and it has to be notarized) to settle/agree on matters like division of property, but it's not required in order to get a divorce. 

You may be on to something. 

9C0C255F-0AAE-440A-992B-A5FE2B409E8A.jpeg

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I do too!  Couldn't stand them for most of their season but she did grow on me towardss the end of the season.  Her hair and makeup look great though!

Is Ashley pregnant?  Both Anthony and Ashley look big.

Danielle now looks 20 years older than Bobby.  Scary pregnancy

I don’t think that Ashley is. I think they are trying and can’t get pregnant. Or aren’t as quickly as the first time. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

JamieO & Elizabeth need wardrobe interventions.

I could not believe what Elizabeth was wearing. I mean it just looked foolish. She actually has a nice shape but that so so so so so short dress hugging her belly just looked awful. 

Hair and makeup was done nicely for her. I wonder how long ago was this filmed? (clearly before the corona craziness).

I was surprised to see Amber as fed up as she was. Also, very interested in the discussions about divorce in NC - why exactly she is pushing the issue if it is not needed for Mat to sign. I do agree that the host trying to get him to sign then and there was poor. I could see trying for it but maybe say- ok here are the papers- call your lawyer and let's agree that in 2 days or whatever time frame that you have this back to Amber. And you know they didn't film it yesterday so even just have a follow up screen to show the outcome.

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Doublemint said:

My ex did the same thing to me.   Maybe Matt's on her medical insurance.  Or, he can claim to still be married to keep girls from demanding too much - like some kind of committment.

Zero chance of that.  Why would anyone put their spouse on their health insurance if they are in an "experiment" and he couldn't even stay home during what, the first three weeks?  She seems like an idiot, but not that much of an idiot.  Not to mention, if that's the reason, she would've thrown that out as the reason just to make him look even worse.  "He's just using me for my health insurance."

Edited by sasha206
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I still think he is the worst human being ever to be on this show, and that's saying something now that we've seen the likes of Zach, Katie and Michael.

I think all of them suck to varying degrees.  I felt like it was way too convenient for her to claim that Jessica was biased against her from the start.  Could it be because she was really that horrible?  Nooooo, much easier for her not to accept any responsibility for what happened and act like the victim.  She can't even see how she made it easy for the two of them to get together - practically threw them together. 

I hear you, at first I thought Amber just needs a better lawyer but if all of what you posted about the law in NC is true, why isn't she pushing harder for this?  She may have her own messed up reasons for not pushing to "cut the cord" with that asshole despite her protestations on camera.  She may be getting more out of being able to continue being a "victim".

The way how my petty is set up, I would tell him to sign or the next time he's served I would be asking for spousal support and half of everything. He needs some "motivation" to let Amber move on.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JAndy said:

I don’t think that Ashley is. I think they are trying and can’t get pregnant. Or aren’t as quickly as the first time. 

I know she's got a little one.  I shouldn't comment on size.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, antfitz said:

We didn't get to see them as a couple though.  We got to see Molly and all her ugliness.  I don't blame John, she rejected him terribly. He would girl someone attached to the surface because she saw the ugliness in  Molly.

I didn't like Molly on bit, but John basically expected sex, then threw her past in her face.  If you think she's a terrible person for rejecting a stranger, you should also cast some blame on a stranger expecting her to put out and slut shaming her just b/c they are going through the MAFS process.  And to continually bring up not having physical intimacy just shows that this guy's game is so bad, he can't even spend the necessary time to make her feel comfortable.  

Sex on demand doesn't usually get people in the mood. Then to slut shame that person b/c they didn't want YOU says a lot about him as a person.  Watching that scene made my skin crawl.  I wouldn't want him touching me either.   He has a NASTY edge.  And if she was such an asshole from day 1, you'd think he wouldn't want to fuck her.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, endure said:

I know Danielle was portrayed as the big spender during  their season, now they’re saying Bobby spends more....and yes came with cc debt too!  She looks different too, less makeup and way less eyebrows ha ha

I almost miss the overly drawn on eyebrows.  It was the only thing interesting about her.  She has to be the most bland vanilla boring MAFer ever.  I was shocked that she actually showed some emotion about her daughter.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, princelina said:
14 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Danielle now looks 20 years older than Bobby. 

Whoever did her hair tonight should be arrested.

Did the makeup person not show up? Danielle looked terrible.

There was a sticker on the bottom of her shoe that was  driving me crazy!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I doubt Amber is like that.

2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I could not believe what Elizabeth was wearing. I mean it just looked foolish. She actually has a nice shape but that so so so so so short dress hugging her belly just looked awful. 

Hair and makeup was done nicely for her. I wonder how long ago was this filmed? (clearly before the corona craziness).

I was surprised to see Amber as fed up as she was. Also, very interested in the discussions about divorce in NC - why exactly she is pushing the issue if it is not needed for Mat to sign. I do agree that the host trying to get him to sign then and there was poor. I could see trying for it but maybe say- ok here are the papers- call your lawyer and let's agree that in 2 days or whatever time frame that you have this back to Amber. And you know they didn't film it yesterday so even just have a follow up screen to show the outcome.

I think it was fine trying to get him to sign the papers on TV. He got married on TV why  not get divorced on tv.  He has been hard to pin down so I'm not sure he ever got the papers.  I have a brother that would do what Matt's doing, So I believe her. Also matt was so sketchy about the lawyer business.  Remember before the show he admitted he had no home, and I have a feeling he floats around.  He is totally weird and ugly.

• Love 8

i thought Ashley and Anthony looked great and am glad they are so happy.  Their little girl is adorable.

I’m shocked that Jaime and Elizabeth are together.  I remember them having some very nasty fights.  It’s amazing they’ve gotten past that and are happy now.

I wish Jephte and Shawniece would be done already.  They don’t show much, if any, affection or kindness to each other.  Life is short and they should be with someone who appreciates and likes them, not someone who does the bare minimum to keep it together for the kids.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Zero chance of that.  Why would anyone put their spouse on their health insurance if they are in an "experiment" and he couldn't even stay home during what, the first three weeks?  She seems like an idiot, but not that much of an idiot.  Not to mention, if that's the reason, she would've thrown that out as the reason just to make him look even worse.  "He's just using me for my health insurance."

My father was like matt, and that's no compliment.  These professionals need to do much more in vetting these people. They need to do background checks, they need to talk to their friends,  They need to check with their employers and neighbors.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I didn't like Molly on bit, but John basically expected sex, then threw her past in her face.  If you think she's a terrible person for rejecting a stranger, you should also cast some blame on a stranger expecting her to put out and slut shaming her just b/c they are going through the MAFS process.  And to continually bring up not having physical intimacy just shows that this guy's game is so bad, he can't even spend the necessary time to make her feel comfortable.  

Sex on demand doesn't usually get people in the mood. Then to slut shame that person b/c they didn't want YOU says a lot about him as a person.  Watching that scene made my skin crawl.  I wouldn't want him touching me either.   He has a NASTY edge.  And if she was such an asshole from day 1, you'd think he wouldn't want to fuck her.

I never got the feeling that he was demanding sex.  Did I miss something ....   If you were so badd, why did Miley lie all the time to the professionals. All she had to do was tell them about his bed behavior, if he was bad.  He may have wanted to some sign  of intimacy but not  Necessarily sex.  Nowadays people have one night stands with strangers, so it's not that unusual.

• Love 3

Ashley has always worn loose dresses that hide her midsection. They said they're trying for another baby & she seems to want to recreate her relationship with her sister by having another quickly & hoping for another girl. I always cringe when moms do that.

The ring talk with Jephte & Shawniece made no sense.  It was over before it even started with them, since Jephte didn't get his IG model. There's no reason either needs to keep suffering, but, since having the baby they act like they're linked with heavy chains.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I could see trying for it but maybe say- ok here are the papers- call your lawyer and let's agree that in 2 days or whatever time frame that you have this back to Amber. And you know they didn't film it yesterday so even just have a follow up screen to show the outcome.

They did - it said that Matt still hadn't signed 😄 

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I think I missed a few minutes of this. I didn’t see Ashley and Anthony’s interview. Were Iris and Keith on as well?

55 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Tuned in a little late - Ashley & Anthony - wondered who came before them in shout-outs?

Ashley and Anthony were first; no Keith or Iris.

The reason I dislike Molly is the same I have for Katie - there's no need to tell another human being what a dorky, disgusting loser he is.  Or at least there wasn't during the times of their marriages that they were saying it.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, OnTime said:

They need to call it a day. Don't stay together just because you have child.

I always think about the time Jephte said he was staying married to Shawniece because he wants all of his kids to have the same mom. I thought that was such a gross, cruel thing to say. I feel sad for her that she has decided to stay committed to someone who isn't committed to her and just views her as an incubator. She deserves so much more, and I wish she would believe that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

I never got the feeling that he was demanding sex.  Did I miss something ....   If you were so badd, why did Miley lie all the time to the professionals. All she had to do was tell them about his bed behavior, if he was bad.  He may have wanted to some sign  of intimacy but not  Necessarily sex.  Nowadays people have one night stands with strangers, so it's not that unusual.

Yeah, he's a great guy.  Here he is complaining that she sleeps with him, but turns her back.  Then he's all confused -- how can someone not be physically attracted to me?  It's your fault you aren't. 

"You had a threeway and you don't want to do that to me..."

This guy is a fucking pig.  I didn't like her AT ALL.  But he's a pig.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Ashley has always worn loose dresses that hide her midsection. They said they're trying for another baby & she seems to want to recreate her relationship with her sister by having another quickly & hoping for another girl. I always cringe when moms do that.

Where did you get that idea?  She's about to turn 34, has wanted children badly for a while and is wise to do it sooner rather than later.  And hoping for your daughter to have a sister--there's nothing wrong with that.  Also, she said when first asked that she'd be happy with whatever gender the next child is, and I believe her. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Where did you get that idea?  She's about to turn 34, has wanted children badly for a while and is wise to do it sooner rather than later.  And hoping for your daughter to have a sister--there's nothing wrong with that.  Also, she said when first asked that she'd be happy with whatever gender the next child is, and I believe her. 

Um, okay?  Good for her then ...

22 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Where were Greg and Deonna?

We're going to see them on that upcoming MAFS spin off entitled "MAFS Couples Cam"  chronicling the couples as they observe "social distancing" that's set to premiere on May 20.

Not sure why they weren't at least given a small spot here, though.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Jamie and Beth have matching belly pouches! I say that with all due respect.

I really don't get that because they are training to run a marathon!  Guess I thought they would be in better shape.

Edited by OnTime
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

i thought Ashley and Anthony looked great and am glad they are so happy.  Their little girl is adorable.

I’m shocked that Jaime and Elizabeth are together.  I remember them having some very nasty fights.  It’s amazing they’ve gotten past that and are happy now.

I wish Jephte and Shawniece would be done already.  They don’t show much, if any, affection or kindness to each other.  Life is short and they should be with someone who appreciates and likes them, not someone who does the bare minimum to keep it together for the kids.

Jephte and Shawniece easily have the best chemistry on couples couch and get along great together. They make each other laugh while also being able to talk about the tough topics. I know that's a small window into their life but they've shown a lot more than you are giving them.

I feel like Jamie could cure cancer and she would still get shit on. I don't think she can ever win.

I think she's gorgeous. I don't mind that she is riding her celebrity. That's her life. As long as she isn't hurting someone else, I don't care. I don't have a problem with the way she or any of these people dress. 

I never liked the way she treated Doug early on. I know you can come into this not being attracted to your mate but she was rude as fuck. I'm glad they got past it.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

You may be on to something. 

9C0C255F-0AAE-440A-992B-A5FE2B409E8A.jpeg

It could be the serving part that's difficult. My ex managed to never be around when the serving was attempted, my lawyer finally sent a sheriff to his workplace to accomplish it. In my case (in Illinois in the late 70's) mailing would not be service since there would have been no proof he actually took receipt of the envelope. If Matt doesn't have a physical address of his own, it may be very difficult to even find out where to serve them. I wish Amber would have said if the papers were mailed to an actual street address, or if he only gave her a PO Box number. He really is the lowest piece of crap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Jephte and Shawniece easily have the best chemistry on couples couch and get along great together. They make each other laugh while also being able to talk about the tough topics. I know that's a small window into their life but they've shown a lot more than you are giving them.

I feel like Jamie could cure cancer and she would still get shit on. I don't think she can ever win.

I think she's gorgeous. I don't mind that she is riding her celebrity. That's her life. As long as she isn't hurting someone else, I don't care. I don't have a problem with the way she or any of these people dress. 

I never liked the way she treated Doug early on. I know you can come into this not being attracted to your mate but she was rude as fuck. I'm glad they got past it.

I don’t watch Couples Couch.   Please reread my post.  I said Jamie and Elizabeth.

7 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

They did.  I do wish he was wildly in love with her. I feel like the love he has for her is more best friend, mother of my children.  But that can grow into wild love!

• Love 7

Hated the dress but I thought her shoes were cute.

Not sure why they weren't at least given a small spot here, though.

Maybe they (Greg and Deonna) didn't want one? They seem to be very, very limited in terms of the MAFS stuff they do. Good for them (much as I love them and would love to hear more about them).

Also matt was so sketchy about the lawyer business.  Remember before the show he admitted he had no home, and I have a feeling he floats around.

I can't stand Matt and I think he is dumber than a bag of unwashed hair. Having said that, the only smart thing to ever come out of his mouth was to refuse to sign any legal document without having a lawyer review it. I wouldn't. There's no excuse for him not having done that before now though and certainly no excuse for having not done it since the tell-all filmed/aired. I'm no Amber fan but I can't find a single redeeming quality in Matt. Not a one. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe they (Greg and Deonna) didn't want one? They seem to be very, very limited in terms of the MAFS stuff they do. Good for them (much as I love them and would love to hear more about them).

Greg said on Instagram they weren't asked to do Couples Couch and sounded like he would have done it.

Why did Sam need to be on? I would have rather had Neil in the chair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

They did.  I do wish he was wildly in love with her. I feel like the love he has for her is more best friend, mother of my children.  But that can grow into wild love!

That rarely happens. Affection and respect, and maybe even love. But "Mad About You" kind of love usually requires some kinds of spark and passion from the beginning. IMHO, of course. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I don’t watch Couples Couch.   Please reread my post.  I said Jamie and Elizabeth.

I was talking about JamieO and that part of my post had nothing to do with you. It was a independent thought. My apologies.

1 minute ago, topanga said:

That rarely happens. Affection and respect, and maybe even love. But "Mad About You" kind of love usually requires some kinds of spark and passion from the beginning. IMHO, of course. 

Yeah, I agree with that.  I tend to think that type of love is typically in the beginning of a real love and is usually an infatuation that grows to love.

This is what I think is problemmatic for MAF people and I don't even understand why you'd want to not experience the intoxicating things about infatuation and love.  You miss that coveting, that crushing feeling, the wonder of when or if that person will ask you out, will tell them they love you, will propose.

You miss all the true romance to me!

• Love 3
Just now, sasha206 said:

Yeah, I agree with that.  I tend to think that type of love is typically in the beginning of a real love and is usually an infatuation that grows to love.

This is what I think is problemmatic for MAF people and I don't even understand why you'd want to not experience the intoxicating things about infatuation and love.  You miss that coveting, that crushing feeling, the wonder of when or if that person will ask you out, will tell them they love you, will propose.

You miss all the true romance to me!

Exactly. No to venture too far off topic, but I remember the feelings I had for a new crush. The butterflies you feel when you see them or even think about them. The electric shocks you feel if they touch. Of course, these feelings don't last long, and they aren't what make a relationship healthy or sustainableut damn. They sure are fun.  

14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Greg said on Instagram they weren't asked to do Couples Couch and sounded like he would have done it.

Maybe the producers thought they weren't funny or entertaining enough. But I would have loved to see the contrast of Greg's good-natured humor with Deonna's skeptical cynicism. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, topanga said:

Exactly. No to venture too far off topic, but I remember the feelings I had for a new crush. The butterflies you feel when you see them or even think about them. The electric shocks you feel if they touch. Of course, these feelings don't last long, and they aren't what make a relationship healthy or sustainableut damn. They sure are fun.  

Amen!  That is the best feeling ever!

• Love 5

21 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Someone should probably tell Matt that IG models aren't into broke losers.  

According to his LinkedIn page, https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewgwynne, he is an insurance agent. 

"As a licensed Agent of New York Life Insurance Company, I can help you meet a number of insurance and financial needs, including, but not limited to college funding, retirement, long-term investments, and lifetime income strategies"

Somehow, I can't image him helping with insurance and financial needs....

• LOL 7

Since the show pays for any resulting divorces, I'm wondering how much of the divorce process/procedures are spelled out in the initial contract.   I would assume Matt had his lawyer reviewed that contract before he signed it.   I'm also wondering if the reason Amber hasn't taken other routes to get the divorce is because she's trying to stick by the process outlined in the original contract.  Matt is a bum.   

• Love 2