Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Not So Model Behavior

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda when she saw Leah's dress and Leah said it was Lil Kim - I'm 99% sure Dorinda was clueless as to who Lil Kim is.

Dorinda said she once had a Mao dress and it was "gangsta". What I believe she is referring to is the dresses/Tshirts Vivienne Tam made that was a trend at one time. It was pictures of Mao blocked just like what Leah had with Lil Kim - but with Vivienne Tam's spin she made him into a caricature adding pigtails, had him cross eyed with a bug on his nose, etc.

spring_1995_mao_dress_8421e05e141b152f23

6a01156f47abbe970c01b7c6dbf9a2970b-pi

I don't think Dorinda was saying she bought a Mao dress because she thinks he's awesome

Ah ha, that's a better spin on it!

• Love 5
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Too bad she didn't also design shoes with his print on the soles...

She did the prints in various colors - here's a black and white color block shirt dress. She also made T Shirts

ss05-mao-vivienne-tam.jpg?itok=KS7RBmXo

HYJlwdbnPAsQ9hGEyNhMDv7VEeGf5dGzRm0uYUCa

I know Dorinda is awful like Ramona in offending cultures and/or being elitist - like when Dorinda tried to give some guy her coat at the restaurant assuming he worked there - or putting a dollar into the cup of a man waiting for the bus assuming he was homeless but it was just a guy trying to get to work.

I truly believe she bought one of Vivienne Tam's signature "Mao" pieces - it's right up her alley and in colorful prints. This was also in the late 90's early 2000's - which we all know 80% of Dorinda's current wardrobe is comprised of clothes from back then.

I just can't picture Dorinda going into a store and picking up a "Mao" anything - I mean where would you even find a Mao rocks item - at Dictators R Us? It's likely something she heard was trending - this line put Vivienne Tam on the Fashion map

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She did the prints in various colors - here's a black and white color block shirt dress. She also made T Shirts

ss05-mao-vivienne-tam.jpg?itok=KS7RBmXo

HYJlwdbnPAsQ9hGEyNhMDv7VEeGf5dGzRm0uYUCa

I know Dorinda is awful like Ramona in offending cultures and/or being elitist - like when Dorinda tried to give some guy her coat at the restaurant assuming he worked there - or putting a dollar into the cup of a man waiting for the bus assuming he was homeless but it was just a guy trying to get to work.

I would add racist.  She didn't just give some guy her coat, it was a  black guy she saw in the restaurant.  In her mind, he didn't fit in.  So he worked there.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
On 5/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, Mar said:

100%. Unfortunately she gets a lot of feedback on social media telling her how funny she is and that she makes the show and that she’s iconic blah blah blah. Therefore I think she is exaggerating her behavior in an attempt to be funny. I find her to be vulgar, cringe worthy,  and embarrassing, to say the least. To top it off, I’ve noticed for the past year or so that I think she had a weird upper lip implant and it is difficult for me to watch her when she is talking. Or not talking.

She is so wasted so often that I find it uncomfortable watching her. I also don’t think she looks good this season. She looks bloated and very much like your stereotypical heavy drinker. 

I wonder what her daughter thinks watching this? Worse, how can Sonja stand to see herself in this grotesque display? I’d be mortified. Same goes for Dorinda and Leah. 

• Love 10
On 5/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. Also, the more makeup Lu wears, the more masculine she looks. There’s nothing wrong with that, but I doubt that is her objective.

I think she’s gorgeous, both face and body. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

How much of a markup is that?  This is how Sonja scams her fans.  

I'm not surpised at the markup. The fashion show was just more bullshit from Sonja. She has been scamming people for years. Look what she did to Hannibal Pictures. There is plenty of info about that to google.  I really feel bad for the interns that she has scammed as well. Anything for free. The only reason that she is friends with anyone (including the housewives) is because she gets free shit from them in return for promoting their products ( eg: Skinnygirl jeans which she always tags in her Instagram).

I loathe her for the remarks that she made about transgender models while pretending to be an advocate. 

She has been fake and delusional ever since her phony toaster oven debacle. I really dislike self centred Luanne, and Dorinda is one mean drunk, but overall Sonja over the years is a scammer who needs to be exposed Guidice style.

• Love 14

Did anyone look up Bluestone Manor in Architectural Digest?  I think she decorates by who made it, not like it.  Her taste is not for everyone . . Bold colors, bold textured fabrics, pieces that would be in a museum.  Different strokes for different folks.  More like antique.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Did anyone look up Bluestone Manor in Architectural Digest?  I think she decorates by who made it, not like it.  Her taste is not for everyone . . Bold colors, bold textured fabrics, pieces that would be in a museum.  Different strokes for different folks.  More like antique.

I saw it and thought her taste is God awful.  But then, I've always thought her home was tacky AF. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Even though the sweatsuit was stupid, Leah could’ve rocked it.  Tie the top, put on some killer heels and a fitted blazer, voila!  I honestly thought she looked horrible in the Lil Kim dress.  I’m tired of her “street” persona.  She’s a rich kid from Connecticut.  Stop being a try hard.

For fucks sake Dorinda, she attacks Tinsley for not opening up, then mocks her when she finally does.  Obviously it wasn’t just about the hair, that was just an example.  What a miserable person she has become.  She hasn’t always been this way has she?  I used to like her.  My theory holds strong - for the most part the longer people appear on reality TV the less I like them.  The one glaring exception is Ramona, I still thoroughly enjoy that crazy bat.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

For fucks sake Dorinda, she attacks Tinsley for not opening up, then mocks her when she finally does.  Obviously it wasn’t just about the hair, that was just an example.  What a miserable person she has become.  She hasn’t always been this way has she?  I used to like her.  My theory holds strong - for the most part the longer people appear on reality TV the less I like them.  The one glaring exception is Ramona, I still thoroughly enjoy that crazy bat.

Dorinda has always been a vile witch ever since she called over a passing black guy to hang up her coat. She has been a nasty entitled bitch who spends her time demanding endless expressions of gratitude whether it’s was Wooden Soldiers or ugly gowns for a cabaret show. She consistently demeans and makes less than the man she is dating and makes it seem like he is not worthy of her exalted presence.

Dorinda is just like that stuffed sailfish she hung on her wall. Once she might have been beautiful and elegant but now she is just a chipped wooden prop that should be put in the attic far away from anyone with a modicum of taste and discernment.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Even though the sweatsuit was stupid, Leah could’ve rocked it.  Tie the top, put on some killer heels and a fitted blazer, voila!  I honestly thought she looked horrible in the Lil Kim dress.  I’m tired of her “street” persona.  She’s a rich kid from Connecticut.  Stop being a try hard.

Given what the other women were given to wear it was clearly a dig at her so I don’t understand why she should go along with it. Sonja is a jackass. It wasn’t like she was walking in the show, she shouldn’t have to wear an ugly $12 outfit so Sonja can mark it up to $150.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Sonja sells the exact dress using the same picture on her website for $144.95.

https://sonjabysonjamorgan.com/collections/shop-all-clothing/products/black-collared-dress

You can buy the same dress directly from Aliexpress for $23.39.

How much of a markup is that?  This is how Sonja scams her fans.  

395D82E3-5CFD-4CF3-834F-1D517C3A6387.jpeg

How does Sonja get away with this?  Does she actually claim to have been the designer of these clothes? Or does she just say I'm having a fashion show and showing some clothes that I have nothing to do with. They come from China and I have no idea who designs them? i guess Aliexpress is ok with what she is doing as long as the clothes sell. And everyone of these housewives knows exactly what she is doing.Fake Fake! 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Given what the other women were given to wear it was clearly a dig at her so I don’t understand why she should go along with it.

Oh I totally agree it was a dig.  I just think Leah could have actually flipped it on Sonja by looking awesome.  I think that definitely would have gotten under Sonja’s skin.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh I totally agree it was a dig.  I just think Leah could have actually flipped it on Sonja by looking awesome.  I think that definitely would have gotten under Sonja’s skin.  

That would be more work than Sonja has ever done for her line.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Dorinda`s make up guy Luke was also Caroline from Ladies of London's make guy.

Ramona only ordering food for herself was such a Ramona thing. 😆

I dont blame Leah for not wanting to wear that sweat suit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

For fucks sake Dorinda, she attacks Tinsley for not opening up, then mocks her when she finally does.  Obviously it wasn’t just about the hair, that was just an example.  What a miserable person she has become.  She hasn’t always been this way has she?  I used to like her.

Yeah, I generally liked Dorinda in the past, but this season, she is not coming off well at all.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yeah, I generally liked Dorinda in the past, but this season, she is not coming off well at all.

I haven't really liked her since the season Bethenny came on. I don't despise her like I do Vicki from O.C., so I can still enjoy her when she isn't being cruel or petty, but those instances are becoming further apart.

I think in some respect she's suffering from the pavlovian response, and most houseeives do, if they stay on long enough. Early on they get a lot of positive attention for being their brand of outrageous and they amp it up, making what could be a small part of their personality more prevalent. More isn't always better.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8

Oh please. I'm watching the end of this waiting for the next episode, and Sonja was saying dresses are too fancy for Leah. Please, Sonja.

I can't find the new episode at the start of the episode, again.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 3:58 AM, Irritable said:

Ramona berating Tinsley the second she walked in about the way she left her room knowing Ramona didn’t have a housekeeper was rich.  The only thing that is clear from all the bitching Ramona has done about how her guests didn’t clean up her house is that she should have hired help. WHY DIDN’T SHE HIRE HELP? She literally shit on the floor of a mansion and left it there for someone else to clean, but she doesn’t think it’s necessary to hire anyone to help keep her own house in order during a drunken party weekend? 

So I just caught up with the past two episodes and I could not believe the audacity of Moaner confronting Tinsley.  As you said, she SHIT ON THE FLOOR, left it for the staff to clean (and the camera crew to film!) and now she wants to be Miss Manners with Tins.  FOH!  Tinsley is better than me.  I would've reminded Ramona of that with the quickness and we all know the Shady Bravo Editors would oblige with the flashback clips.  😏

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Am I the only one whose words don’t match the talking issue with these ladies?  Damn cable.

We had a couple of days a week or so ago that the voice dubbing didn't match the video.  It was weird.  Our cable/internet has been pretty much shit since everyone was locked down.  I have been operating under the assumption that it has to do with bandwidth, more users, e-learning, blah blah blah.

Once again, cable charging Rolls Royce money for Yugo product/service.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, Mar said:

I haven’t read any of the earlier posts yet because I’m still in the middle of watching the show, but why is Dorinda getting so many talking head interviews?

And she looks HORRIBLE. She needs to fire her "stylist." THAT much highlighter only works on someone like Jeffree Star, not a woman in her middle 50s. Holy shit.

• LOL 1