Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Julia actually has some decent pipes if matched with the right guy.  Too bad she can't recognize talent any better than she can recognize integrity.  She sang the first bit and then got absolutely nothing out of her partner.  

After seeing how Sheridan conducted himself, that's the kind of dude I would want to have as a friend.  Class guy!

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Including the real ending, the one after credits. Rudi being distracted by Matt must have been filmed before they became a couple, although it gave us some insight into why they ARE a couple now!

She referred to having a date with Chris. So ut must have been that day. 

Maybe Rudi hadn’t seen Matt shirtless since their first-night hot tub fiasco and she forgot how horny she gets for muscly tatted guys. 

• LOL 1
(edited)

It's a small nitpick, but as a disabled woman, it bothers me that Julia is the one with cystic fibrosis. The disabled and chronically ill have so little representation, let alone on dating shows, and people are always weirdly gleeful or smug when we turn out to be assholes because it must prove we're milking/exaggerating our circumstances for pity or privileges. Julia did us no favors.

Sheridan gave us the most mature breakup reaction we've ever gotten from this franchise. Notice how Julia immediately attempted to gaslight him when he refused to grovel and validate her ego. And everyone was waxing poetic about how noble it was for him to fall on the sword and go home after her rejection, but imo, although he's a nice guy, he wasted his experience on the show repeatedly and stubbornly pursuing a woman who treated him like shit despite being well aware of this and despite her flat out telling him she liked another dude more than him. She's a colossal jackass, but he insisted on only seeing what he wanted to see and enabled her attention seeking because it reinforced his underdog narrative. I get that he was "all in on Julia" or whatever bullshit but it would've been a good friendship and professional move to team up with Savannah for performances. At least give it a try, but they just pouted and threw up their hands, which only further gives mediocre shitheads like Julia and Brandon the idea that they can control everyone with their little head games. If I were Sheridan and Savannah, even if we weren't attracted to each other, I would obnoxiously make out as Julia and Brandon were trying to rehearse.

I don't buy Julia's sudden remorse about Sheridan. I think she was just pissed Brandon only cared about his own performance and realized that, based on feedback, she probably could've won just by pretending to like Sheridan. I can't believe she actually went home because I thought for sure the producers would stoke her feud with Natasha, who I surprisingly love.

I want to snark on Jaime, but I feel bad for her. I know what it's like to have severe anxiety and constantly worry about letting people down.  

ETA: My blood boiled for Savannah when Brandon patronizingly told her "I'd love to have this conversation like adults" when she was simply (and calmly!) saying she was tired of his indecision. What a condescending douche.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

ETA: My blood boiled for Savannah when Brandon patronizingly told her "I'd love to have this conversation like adults" when she was simply (and calmly!) saying she was tired of his indecision. What a condescending douche.

I was so angry at this!  She was (understandably) upset and really wasn't even raising her voice much and definitely wasn't throwing a tantrum.  It was just a blatant attempt to make himself the good guy in this situation and she was the one being unreasonable.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SassyCat said:

That zoned out wise-guy face on Brandon when he was breaking up with Savannah was so maddening. He had the gall to tell her he was acting with "Grace and patience" while he was turning it all around on her for the reason of the switch to Julia. What a piece of crap. Actually just what Julia deserves out of all this. Thankfully sweetie Sheridan escaped from that one. She's a real piece of work.

Matt and Rudi were fantastic!

My husband has been walking around using that phrase all day 🙄 “I’m busy with conference calls but I have the grace and patience to take the dogs out” “ the mailman gave us the wrong mail again but I have the grace and patience to walk it to the neighbors”. It’s suuuuuuuch a douchebag remark!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

It's a small nitpick, but as a disabled woman, it bothers me that Julia is the one with cystic fibrosis. The disabled and chronically ill have so little representation, let alone on dating shows, and people are always weirdly gleeful or smug when we turn out to be assholes because it must prove we're milking/exaggerating our circumstances for pity or privileges. Julia did us no favors.

If it’s any consolation, I doubt many viewers will remember Julia saying she has CF because so little time was spent on the topic. 

It jumped out at me because both the people I knew well who had CF really suffered with it and didn’t make it to their 30th birthdays. 

Beween Jamie seeming like a really young 21 (being paired with a 29 year old probably accentuates that feeling) and her anxiety, she seems like one in a long line of Bach contestants who would have been better off not being cast. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I get that he was "all in on Julia" or whatever bullshit but it would've been a good friendship and professional move to team up with Savannah for performances. At least give it a try, but they just pouted and threw up their hands ...

I don't think Sheridan or Savannah thought quick enough to start pretending like they had a connection. It seems like once it moved to the singing duos portion, there had to be a 'love connection' for the pairs to continue. Like, I'm not sure Chris would have just been like, well OK Sheridan and Savannah you guys can start singing together now even though you had no connection before.

Sheridan's reaction to Julia breaking up with him was everything to me. I watched his laugh a few times!

Natascha is fantastic. Just the perfect contestant for me on this type of show. She stirs up so much drama but she manages to not come across as an asshole while doing it. Also, like she's obviously a Production plant basically but she also appears imo to actually enjoy Ryan so it's not like she's faking everything. Plus, she's probably the best singer in the group.

I think Matt and Rudi sound hands-down the best together. Their voices are just so complimentary and they're the only ones I could see as an actual singing duo. I also happen to like their voices the most, too. Plus, Rudi is nuts and Matt is hot so it all works out for me lol.

I was hoping they'd get rid of Trevor/Jamie instead of Julia/Brandon. There was still some fun drama to mine with Julia/Brandon imo but Trevor/Jamie are boring. It's not fun to watch her anxiety build each week and him act like he wants a hole to eat him alive so he can get away from her.

I think the F2 will come down to Matt/Rudi and Bri/Chris. Matt/Rudi are the best singing pair and Bri/Chris are the most likely to actually be a couple for at least 3 months after filming. So it'll probably come down to whether TPTB care more about the singing or the 'love connection.'

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lulee said:

It jumped out at me because both the people I knew well who had CF really suffered with it and didn’t make it to their 30th birthdays. 

I've been wondering about this.  Julia was such a convincing actress that it's made me question if this CF story is true.  From my limited knowledge of this disease, I understand it involves much suffering and that anyone fighting that brave fight would not be so immature and would not have the energy for such pettiness.

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was hoping they'd get rid of Trevor/Jamie instead of Julia/Brandon. There was still some fun drama to mine with Julia/Brandon imo but Trevor/Jamie are boring.

Yeah, I would have been all in with more Natascha screwing around with Julia. She was pretty good at throwing out a baited hook and Julia snagging onto it while Natascha kept her cool. It also would have been fun to have another duet so judges could tell Brandon/Julia they made a great karaoke couple.

Jamie's "anxiety" is exhausting. That, plus I don't care.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was hoping they'd get rid of Trevor/Jamie instead of Julia/Brandon. There was still some fun drama to mine with Julia/Brandon imo but Trevor/Jamie are boring. It's not fun to watch her anxiety build each week and him act like he wants a hole to eat him alive so he can get away from her.

Yeah, I was so torn. I needed Julia and to a lesser extent, Brandon, to get comeuppance, but there is much more entertainment value in Julia's complete lack of self awareness and irony than there is in Jamie's repeated meltdowns and Trevor's blandness. 

Wow, in the first episode, it seemed like Rudi would be this season’s crazy, but she has settled down and Julia took on the mantle. 

I am ashamed of how much I liked Julia at first. She stood out in a really positive way in the very first episode and then the mask fell away after that. I can see her being one of the people who always has lots of (ultimately short-lived) irons in the fire because she's clearly good at making people think they're the most important person in the world and it's something they hang on to even after she makes it clear that she's not actually as into them as she pretended. Some people work very hard to make people fall for them and as soon as they're satisfied that they're hooked, they move on to hooking the next fish. 

Sheridan should have seen the writing on the wall awhile ago, but she dangled just enough attention to keep him coming back. 

On the flipside, I like Rudi and Natascha much more than I would've thought in their first episodes. Rudi wears her crazy on her sleeve to the point where it becomes sort of endearing. And Matt is damn lucky he paired up with her because she really sells her performances while he kind of stands there taking up space. 

Natascha made a horrible first impression like a low-rent, villain-for-hire by tearing into Trevor within seconds of being introduced to him. She made a tiny effort at pretending she didn't know he'd be there or whatever when she was so clearly sent in with a mission, she might as well have been holding a script. 

But she's upped her shit-stirring game quite a bit and Julia was a far more deserving target than the seemingly harmless Trevor. 

I'm glad to be done with Brandon and his giant teeth. I guess he's reasonably attractive, but his personality sucked. I'm glad Savannah walked out on his gaslighting bullshit. I hope whoever may consider dating him in the future watched this show because his manipulative conversational tactics were obviously well practiced. Same with Julia, her pouting "sorry" face that changed instantly into anger, than into "it's your fault now and I don't deserve this..." Yikes. A master class in manipulation.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, flickamorph said:

I can't picture Matt without thinking about Paul from Big Brother -

Thank you!  This may explain why I have some unprovoked resentment towards Matt, lol.  

Actually, can we get Paul on this show?  So he can lose, AGAIN?  Another Paul loss is just what this year needs.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, flickamorph said:

Wow. And you included a pic. Why do you wanna hurt me?!

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'm glad to be done with Brandon and his giant teeth. 

Those giant teeth in that tiny mouth; I legit could not figure out why he had multiple women after him lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, flickamorph said:

bb18_paul_abrahamian_800x1000_0-1.jpg

Likewise with Brandon and the Miz from the WWE -

mizandmrs_cast_miz.jpg?itok=wZQazFXm

My mom and I call him fake Paul.  

• LOL 3
(edited)

As other couple have generated drama, Chris and Bri haven’t  been getting much airtime. I mostly love them but am wondering about writing on the wall: he referred to having been depressed and there’ve been a couple moments she’s seemed kind of focused on the show, and while that’s not mutually exclusive with a real *connection*, I wonder where they’re headed, 

I did notice in the preview at the end of episode 1 a clip of them performing that I think doesn’t match the performances yet or next week. So I expect them for two more episodes at least.   

Edited by lulee
Because have and haven’t don’t mean the same thing
(edited)
49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There's only 2 eps left.

Ha! Well, my prediction’s looking good then. 🙂

Edited by lulee
Typo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, Recyclorette said:

I've been wondering about this.  Julia was such a convincing actress that it's made me question if this CF story is true.  From my limited knowledge of this disease, I understand it involves much suffering and that anyone fighting that brave fight would not be so immature and would not have the energy for such pettiness.

Isn't it really important to stay healthy when you have CF?  It seems like going on a dating show and swapping spit with a bunch of guys would not be a good idea.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, peachmangosteen said:

There's only 2 eps left.

I am enjoying the show more than I thought I would.  That said, the only ones I would be interested in seeing live would be Rudi and Matt (and somehow I doubt they win...).  Bri and Chris have great voices and a great "love story" but not much charisma.  Natascha and Ryan are super talented, but I don't see them pulling off a tour together.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Just Carol said:

I am enjoying the show more than I thought I would.  That said, the only ones I would be interested in seeing live would be Rudi and Matt (and somehow I doubt they win...).  Bri and Chris have great voices and a great "love story" but not much charisma.  Natascha and Ryan are super talented, but I don't see them pulling off a tour together.

I see you forgot Jamie and Trevor but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re  the ones cut tonight. 

Edited by lulee
4 hours ago, Just Carol said:

That said, the only ones I would be interested in seeing live would be Rudi and Matt (and somehow I doubt they win...).  Bri and Chris have great voices and a great "love story" but not much charisma.  Natascha and Ryan are super talented, but I don't see them pulling off a tour together.

I completely agree with this. That's why I actually think Rudi and Matt will win. It's obvious to me that they would be the best choice to actually make music and go on tour as a duo. But I don't know if TPTB might wanna give it to Bri and Chris since they have more of a love connection than the others.

I never ended up looking at the spoilers but I did check out the F4's instagrams and I think that ended up spoiling it lol. I'll put it under a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

The only couple to have pictures on there of them together that aren't from the show is Matt and Rudi. Matt actually has several pics, including one of them in front of a tour bus which seems like a huge spoiler that they win and I'm not sure if Production would allow that so I'm confused lol.

• Love 2

Hal-loooooooo! It's echo-y in here. HA ha.

I'd love to travel via motorcoach from LA to Vegas. With someone else driving.

Rudi and Matt got a Fantasy Suite. And with no note or key from Harrison! Wonders will never cease.

I've seen that bottle farm on a roadside attractions website.

I'm not interested in declarations of love between people who have known each other for what, one week?

• Love 2

Oh, Matt. You should have said, "I'm so happy you opened up to me. You are so wonderful, and I can't wait to see where this goes." Then pull out a page from The Bachelor Handbook and kiss her. Long enough that she will quit talking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Oh, Matt. You should have said, "I'm so happy you opened up to me. You are so wonderful, and I can't wait to see where this goes." Then pull out a page from The Bachelor Handbook and kiss her. Long enough that she will quit talking.

There has to be something between “I’m falling for you too” and “That was very brave of you to speak your truth.” Sheesh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

1 minute ago, SHD said:

There has to be something between “I’m falling for you too” and “That was very brave of you to speak your truth.” Sheesh.

Yeah.  And the song Shallow doesn’t help.   It is beautiful and kind of sad and wistful.    They sounded beautiful singing it in rehearsal, but is this the right vibe?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SHD said:

Is that what he said?!? I missed it.

Chris started off singing really badly, but he seems to find the key when singling along with Bri, and they sounded better together. Good thing they have “love” on their side or they’d be on shaky footing.

• Love 3

Normally Jamie is a sobbing nervous wreck but tonight she’s like doing karate kicks and chops through the air. She’s either on something or “high on love.” Eh. Not so impressed with Jamie and...I forgot his name.

• Love 2

So Natascha handed Ryan a microphone too soon and he played the guitar so now they’re at risk of going home even though they’re the best singers?! I don’t really get this show. Is it a singing competition or a love competition?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So Natascha handed Ryan a microphone too soon and he played the guitar so now they’re at risk of going home even though they’re the best singers?! I don’t really get this show. Is it a singing competition or a love competition?

As per Chris Harrison, love first, music second.  

7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

As per Chris Harrison, love first, music second.  

Well, jeez, I was going to say Rudi and Matt probably won’t the night singing wise—but Chris and Bri are the most in love...even though Chris is the weakest singer. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So Natascha handed Ryan a microphone too soon and he played the guitar so now they’re at risk of going home even though they’re the best singers?!

I didn't know why she took it off the stand since he had a guitar, or why they didn't share the one mic. But what do I know about ... love.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I’m getting my shows mixed up. Every time an episode ends with Chris saying “Congratulations, good luck, and as always...” I always finish it up in my my head with RuPaul’s “...don’t...f*ck it up”.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought they would off Chris and Bri since they don’t bring the drama. Glad they didn’t.

I amwatching this show, only because I’m stuck a home as I’m high risk.

Last night I had a huge nightmare about my hair (it’s a nightmare in daytime, so maybe that’s why)

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 2
(edited)

This show is so strange. Are they really going to ignore the quality of singing over which couple touches the most while performing? I think Rudi and Matt are really good and shouldn’t have to force something that isn’t there. I actually think some of the song touching looks forced but it seems to be expected.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5

Clearly this is NOT a singing competition since Natascha and Ryan went home. Sure they were awkward on stage but they’ve always been the best singers. Only Rudi and Matt are just as good... which means they won’t win, either. So, enjoy some mediocre singing by Bri and Chris opening up for Ben Higgens in the Bachelor Live show, folks. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Clearly this is NOT a singing competition since Natascha and Ryan went home. Sure they were awkward on stage but they’ve always been the best singers. Only Rudi and Matt are just as good... which means they won’t win, either. So, enjoy some mediocre singing by Bri and Chris opening up for Ben Higgens in the Bachelor Live show, folks. 

Definitely not a singing show, I am still unclear what kind of show this is, I am never know

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Rudi and Matt are really good and shouldn’t have to force something that isn’t there. I actually think some of the song touching looks forced but it seems to be expected.

I think Rudy is a good performer. She and Matt could hate each other, but on stage she performs like they are lovers. That's what people pay to see, not people on stage who can't stand each other. So I give her props for that, she's good.

• Love 6

Like another poster said, Rudi and Matt are the only ones I’d pay a dime to listen to. Natascha and Ryan are talented but their performances feel lounge-y to me. Jamie and Trevor suck. I don’t understand how they got good feedback. They look awkward and neither is a particularly strong singer. 

No matter what happens with this stupid show, Rudi and Matt have something special musically. They should write and perform together. The construct of this show is so irritating in the face of actual talent.  

• Love 12