Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity IOU - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, Gam2 said:

I must be the only person on the planet who keeps a clean kitchen. Dirty dishes go into the dishwasher which gets run when it’s full and emptied when it’s done running, I clean the counters and stove top every day which takes less than 10 minutes tops, sweep the floor which takes 5 minutes tops. Who would prepare food in all of these dirty kitchens that no one wants to clean up?

Same.  I cannot stand a dirty kitchen.  I clean as I go, so by the time I'm done cooking almost everything is already clean except the dish I am serving from.  Then the dirty plates, etc, from eating immediately get put into the dishwasher.  We eat in our kitchen, so I also am usually the first one done eating and I'll get up and start cleaning up whatever is left before everyone else is done eating.  Although, right now it's just me, my husband and our grown daughter who had to move back due to COVID and we don't usually all eat at the same time so it's not as crazy as that sounds lol.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, Grizzly said:

The Brothers should not have guests hotter than they are. Justin Hartley made their arms look twig like in comparison. I would be happy to have my backyard redone. Mat seemed overwhelmed.

Agreed.  Justin Hartley is so good looking. And, I'd also like my backyard redone!!

• Love 4

I'd like to know what the Wilson nanny's roof was made of. Every time there was an overhead shot of her house it looked like the roof was all cracked. It seemed to be made of some kind of concrete or plaster, it was really weird looking.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:00 PM, Grrarrggh said:

I never trust celebs or the rich who claim to treat any of their servants like family. I bet they paid that woman less than minimum wage for a while if not the entire time she worked for them. 

Your evidence?

• Love 5
On 1/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, iMonrey said:

I'd like to know what the Wilson nanny's roof was made of. Every time there was an overhead shot of her house it looked like the roof was all cracked. It seemed to be made of some kind of concrete or plaster, it was really weird looking.

The overhead shots made the house look huge. I was saddened that they painted the ceiling beams white. The dark contrast gave the house a unique look.

I never trust celebs or the rich who claim to treat any of their servants like family. I bet they paid that woman less than minimum wage for a while if not the entire time she worked for them. 

She owns a nice home in SoCal. No way she can afford that on minimum wage. 

• Love 3

When we had our kitchen remodeled, we had the old cabinets installed in our garage for storage. 

Yes, these houses seem tiny, but in LA they aren't cheap. I have a friend who a long time ago worked as a celeb personal assistant. She enjoyed her job and only left due to health reasons. If you're interested what it's like to work for celebs/LA rich, this book is great: https://www.amazon.com/Youll-Never-Nanny-This-Again-ebook/dp/B000FCKLX4/ After reading it, I wanted to work for Rhea and Danny. LOL But avoid the Ovitz family at all costs.

Got sick of Zooey and Jonathan and the PDA. Seemed awkward.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

When we had our kitchen remodeled, we had the old cabinets installed in our garage for storage. 

Yes, these houses seem tiny, but in LA they aren't cheap. I have a friend who a long time ago worked as a celeb personal assistant. She enjoyed her job and only left due to health reasons. If you're interested what it's like to work for celebs/LA rich, this book is great: https://www.amazon.com/Youll-Never-Nanny-This-Again-ebook/dp/B000FCKLX4/ After reading it, I wanted to work for Rhea and Danny. LOL But avoid the Ovitz family at all costs.

Got sick of Zooey and Jonathan and the PDA. Seemed awkward.

It's great that  your cabinets were able to be reused like that! We bought some inexpensive cabinets from Lowe's for our garage. If we ever had to replace or kitchen cabinets we wouldn't be able to recycle them because they were custom built in place and, thankfully, are still in good condition after 30+ years. Even if they are the oak that people hate these days. I liked them when we bought our house because they match my oak breakfast room table and antique ice box.

My brother worked for Steven McQueen many years ago and enjoyed being his bodyguard/motorcycle mechanic. Thanks for the tip about the book. Sounds interesting.

The PDA was awkward. I'd probably like this show better with hosts other than the property bros.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, Grizzly said:

The Brothers should not have guests hotter than they are. Justin Hartley made their arms look twig like in comparison.

😂 I said something similar (out loud, to myself... ha). "I can't imagine what an ego blow is must be for the brothers, especially Drew, to have to stand next to Justin for the better part of 3 weeks."

Soooo pretty! 😍 Also, very sweet, but PAINFULLY shy and awkward (met him at a convention a few years ago).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

This popped up on my dvr. Now more than ever I am curious of the finances of this show (as in do the celebrities pony up any cash for this “gift”) from the relocating of the pool, to the outdoor kitchen, to the crazy amount of mature olive trees, The Kardashian ep had to be the most expensive ep this show has ever done by like an astronomical degree! It looked crazy amazing and clearly the new pool wasn’t “a surprise” but the price had to be like 300+k. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I agree with you @biakbiak. The new episode with the Jenner/Kardashian friend was so so over the top.  The homeowner had a ton of outdoor space, but even with extended family, what does one person do with all that? Now if she was planning on flipping the house, that would make sense.  

It was so hard for me to look at Kim's face with all that spackled on make-up.  She was startling in the natural outside lighting... so fake and plastic looking. Of course she wasn't going to do anything on the renovation; she was only there to be seen.  At least Kylie (is that her name? I don't follow those people) and Kris did the "work" segment that's always featured.  

I do generally enjoy this show and am glad it's back. 

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

At least Kylie (is that her name? I

Kendall. 

I don’t think it’s a flip because again the amount spent on mature olive trees alone wouldn’t be worth it. It made be at least happy that they preserved a big lot in Calabasas with an old school house and not the crazy mansions built to fill the footprint of a lot that size, the actively used all the lot but not with house but useful space. 

I mean I doubt the friend “needed” the gift of $$, but to someone else manage the huge ass project on a tight time schedule? Still amazing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

The new episode with the Jenner/Kardashian friend was so so over the top. 

How they roll, right? (I don’t follow or watch them.) I don’t know if it was Kendall but someone recently showed before-and-after photos of her, or another sister, going from pretty to pretty much Kim. 

Watched the opening and the reveal, which was plenty. I was curious about the look of the inside, but that outside? I hope it makes that lady happy.

Note to J and D: You don’t need that level of attention. Your mom isn’t Kris. Thank your good fortune. 

• Love 4
On 6/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, eclectcmoi said:

I agree with you @biakbiak. The new episode with the Jenner/Kardashian friend was so so over the top.  The homeowner had a ton of outdoor space, but even with extended family, what does one person do with all that? Now if she was planning on flipping the house, that would make sense.  

It was so hard for me to look at Kim's face with all that spackled on make-up.  She was startling in the natural outside lighting... so fake and plastic looking. Of course she wasn't going to do anything on the renovation; she was only there to be seen.  At least Kylie (is that her name? I don't follow those people) and Kris did the "work" segment that's always featured.  

I do generally enjoy this show and am glad it's back. 

Kim was obnoxious in the first five minutes wearing heels to the house/construction job and complaining that it was a bad choice. At least Kendall sounded like (or at least said the right words) that she had a relationship with that woman friend of Kris'. I wouldn't be surprised if Kim had never met this woman before that day.

• Love 3

I loved Leanne’s episode.  It was very sweet.  I do wish they had done better looking finishes on the black cabinets and walls as in some lights it looked a bit cheap, even if it wasn’t.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 12/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, rlc said:

Did anyone do a jumpsuit count on Zooey?

That green one she wore was amazing, does anyone know where it's from?

This Leann Rimes episode is so awkward!  She keeps talking about "the hardest time of her life".  She means when she stole someone's husband/father away from their family, right?

She really worked sooooo much this episode.  I've seen almost all the episodes.  Do they all work this much? Because I don't remember it that way. She was practically a third brother.

This is such a funny Before and After because Roger's place was pretty modern before.  I have to keep rewinding and figuring out which kitchen is which.   I loved Darrell's reactions, LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
On 4/18/2020 at 10:33 PM, Ana170 said:

While it's true that they can be tiresome, Jonathan is, in fact, a designer and licensed general contractor. They started a real estate company together to support themselves while Drew tried acting.  When that failed, the opportunity to do Property Brothers came along.  Their shows are heavily edited, hence the reason everyone thinks they're completely fake but Jonathan, at least, is actually out there working on houses and knows what he's doing.

I wonder why he never wears a helmet.  It really bothers me.  I watch some of their shows and his whole thing seems to be doing really stupid and dangerous things.  Like a pathological need to shock everyday people.  LOL.  He'll hurt himself just to show people he knows about houses.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was a new episode.

I was simply not wanting to repeat somebody else's words about the episode.  I never knew the thread existed before today.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
(edited)

It made me ill to see them rip out a perfectly good kitchen, which looked fairly new, because it didn't meet their tastes.

Laundry just off the kitchen is not some disgusting hygiene faux pas. The way the brothers carried in you'd think the owner was boiling his dirty underwear in the same pot as his pasta. It's super handy to be able to change laundry loads or fold a load while you're waiting for your pasta water to boil. And after dissing the laundry being just off the kitchen, they give the homeowner a laundry alcove just off the kitchen. ::eyeroll::

Smashing those countertops with a sledge hammer and yanking the cabinets off the wall and dumping them on the floor is a shameful waste. Lots of people would give their left nut to have such nice cabinets and they're treating them like garbage. Have they never heard of ReStore? 

What's with their disdain at the tv in the kitchen? Did they forget that they work for tv? That people watch HGTV while cooking? 

When I see a divider wall like that, made of little pieces of wood with space between, all i can think is "dust collector".

And after all their criticism of the previous kitchen, they replaced a black kitchen with a black kitchen. Better layout, to be sure, but the disgusted reaction to the "old" kitchen was little over the top. 

I figure people with the walls of windows that completely open up to the outdoors must live in a world without bugs,

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, Shermie said:

What's with their disdain at the tv in the kitchen? Did they forget that they work for tv? That people watch HGTV while cooking? 

I don't like that attitude about TV either.

On the Property Brothers' other shows they usually talk about donating the cabinets, but they also say that there's a certain point where they can't donate them.  Maybe they don't bother with that talk on Celebrity IOU because this show is too hoity toity or something, I don't know.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

but the disgusted reaction to the "old" kitchen was little over the top. 

Did the same thing in the episode with Viola Davis' friend, I think. How could you cook for your family in this kitchen?! Makes them sound like assholes.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, buttersister said:

Did the same thing in the episode with Viola Davis' friend, I think. How could you cook for your family in this kitchen?! Makes them sound like assholes.

They do that on all their shows and they can be really harsh.  My only hope is that they go over the script with the families beforehand.  I'm really sensitive about my place!   LOL.  But I'd put up with some bullshit insults if they were going to renovate it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Did like the floor tile Leanne helped install in the bathroom. They were funny comparing arms at the beginning of demo. Drew is usually the one showing off his "muscles".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

But I'd put up with some bullshit insults if they were going to renovate it.

I get that, but the previous kitchen was perfectly serviceable. It looked relatively new, in fact. They could make it better, but it sounds stupid to state outright that cooking in the “before” kitchen was a horrible thing to attempt. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, buttersister said:

They could make it better, but it sounds stupid to state outright that cooking in the “before” kitchen was a horrible thing to attempt. 

Maybe not horrible but the homeowner himself said he found it super annoying to have to carry pots of hot water around the wall to get to the sink which was a fair distance from the stove. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Maybe not horrible but the homeowner himself said he found it super annoying to have to carry pots of hot water around the wall to get to the sink which was a fair distance from the stove. 

I was still thinking/talking about Viola Davis’ friend’s kitchen.🙂

Edited by buttersister
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Kevin Hart episode oh my god.  No other episode has come close for me.  I was really emotional.  I am going to watch the last half again tomorrow.  What a feel good episode.

This was right up there with the Brad Pitt and Michael Buble episodes for me.  I love it!

I'm curious about the rest of the space.  There must be one or two small bedrooms and a bathroom in there.  I really hope they renovate that part, too!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Marisagf said:

This was right up there with the Brad Pitt and Michael Buble episodes for me.  I love it!

I love how Kevin SCREAMED at the barbershop reveal even though he was in on it.  So funny!  He was very emotional, in his own way.  The last 10 minutes were extremely touching.

• Love 8
(edited)

Gwyneth is a pill. If a bro said one more time how much they appreciate a client being direct with their criticism? 🤮

Having missed a lot of this, doesn’t Kevin have a bedroom? Or is he sleeping on the nap couch. Did I see a bathtub or shower? I don’t think so. 

Was also wondering if the decor could be any WHITER? WTAF?

Edited by buttersister
Not Gwenyth, apparently.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really don't care for Gwyneth. I think she's pretentious and full of herself.  That said, I was pleasantly surprised with this episode.  The connection she had with her assistant seemed genuine and reciprocal. She also did actually did get in there and do several projects unlike other celebs... who are there just to get their faces on TV.  I'm looking at you Kim K.

I'm thinking perhaps the bedroom was on the bottom level before coming up to the living room kitchen.  Even if this was just a studio apartment/townhouse, he'd have to have a full bathroom somewhere. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

before coming up to the living room kitchen.  Even if this was just a studio apartment/townhouse, he'd have to have a full bathroom somewhere. 

That’s what I assumed but that upstairs space was so odd and I am so confused by what the builders/developers intended for it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That’s what I assumed but that upstairs space was so odd and I am so confused by what the builders/developers intended for it. 

23 hours ago, buttersister said:

Having missed a lot of this, doesn’t Kevin have a bedroom? Or is he sleeping on the nap couch. Did I see a bathtub or shower? I don’t think so. 

On the upper level, right next to the powder room, there was a door with frosted glass windows. I assume that’s the bedroom and that it has an en suite bathroom. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, topanga said:

. I assume that’s the bedroom and that it has an en suite bathroom. 

They stated that was to the an outdoor deck and it’s where they went over the tile choices, you could also see that area when they did an overhead of the complex and its outside space on each unit. There was an entire downstairs that we did not see. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Not sure I dare speculate why they didn’t show/redo his bedroom. WTH is down there?!😂

They haven’t shown any of the spaces that they don’t renovate on this show. 

eta: I just finished the show and their are French doors that open off the bottom level to a small walled in area, so I imagine the bedroom gets a decent amount of light. I just hate stupid layouts on fairly new builds! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They haven’t shown any of the spaces that they don’t renovate on this show. 

Right, and also, having listened to Gwyneth drone on and on about her assistant being her brother, her family, about owing him so much, it seems super odd to me that they didn’t fix his bedroom. They weren’t redoing a kitchen or backyard, his place had been filled with MOLD—no way he already had a decent (Gwyneth’s standards) place to sleep.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Right, and also, having listened to Gwyneth drone on and on about her assistant being her brother, her family, about owing him so much, it seems super odd to me that they didn’t fix his bedroom. They weren’t redoing a kitchen or backyard, his place had been filled with MOLD—no way he already had a decent (Gwyneth’s standards) place to sleep.

The mold remediation wasn’t bad and if they didn’t gut they entire kitchen/powder room it would have taken like two sheets of drywall on the floor we saw, I imagine the bedroom and bathroom was similar and basically cosmetic. He was still in his rental and clearly was planning on doing work.

Edited by biakbiak

I loved the episode!  But I love Gwyneth already, so it's easy!

Did anyone notice Gwyneth's nose?  It was like there was a pimple or something they were trying to hide there.  I was fascinated by it.  I feel bad, but my TV is really big so I couldn't help but keep noticing it.

• Love 2
On 7/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I loved the episode!  But I love Gwyneth already, so it's easy!

Did anyone notice Gwyneth's nose?  It was like there was a pimple or something they were trying to hide there.  I was fascinated by it.  I feel bad, but my TV is really big so I couldn't help but keep noticing it.

Yes... I didn't notice it at the beginning of the show, but it was really obvious at the end during the reveal. It almost looked to me like a scrape or divot out of her nose. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

You know you are getting old when you do not recognise the "celebrities" in celebrity shows.

Perhaps that’s something we should be proud of? We have better things to do with our time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was a nice make-over, but I just kept wondering where the family would store everything that was in the garage.  No way was the closet in the living area big enough to store all the tubs they had, plus bikes, etc.  

Does anyone else fast forward through all the over explaining the brothers do in every episode? 

• Love 3