Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: This Has All Been Hell

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cheyenne questions the longevity of her & Matt's relationship. To Maci’s surprise, Ryan shows up to Bentley's birthday party. Amber accepts a plea deal and avoids serving jail time. Catelynn & Tyler try to decide if they should let a friend move in.

Airs April 14, 2020

• Love 3

Why does Maci have a huge wall in her home covered with sculptures of the capital letter “M” all over it? If that “M” is for “Mom,” that is literally the most basic thing I’ve ever seen.  

My mind just picks up on stupid shit when I watch this show, because the format is so boring.  It’s just a bunch of scenes of people reflecting on and reacting to things that happen off camera.  I’m fascinated that people who are not generally attractive, interesting or intelligent get paid to just talk on TV.  They’re not teen moms.  They’re just lightly to highly dysfunctional young-ish moms.  

I think working at a cheer gym would literally be one of the best things Mackenzie could do for herself.  And the viewers.  When Josh talked about himself possibly “hafta” traveling for himself, was he talking about the rodeo?  Is this asshole still actually on the rodeo circuit whatsoever?  🤦‍♂️

OMG, Matt didn’t feel like his “love language was being understood” by Cheyenne?  How does he say that to friends with a straight face?  And did we get to see this gem live?  What happened—she’s withdrawing affection this early into the relationship?  That seems a little passive-aggressive.  It seems a little like someone possibly wanted to be single in Thailand...

I don’t really blame Ryan for his reluctance to be around Maci with the restraining order that prevents him from talking to her or Taylor.  I think the whole idea of Maci being able to unilaterally lift a restraining order is strange in the first place.  Your position is that this person is so menacing that you need to power of the state to interfere with their access to you...except on certain days of your choosing, when you think they’ll be just fine?  Huh?  I think Ryan just doesn’t want to see Bentley, which sucks, and which is why he was late, but he should have just had Mackenzie set up a party for Bentley where Ryan could attempt to have normal human reaction without worrying that he would be the first one to be blamed if any shit went down.  

@druzy, lol, you beat me too it, but if Ashley has a job and pays taxes, why didn’t she just take the fracking drug test that would have kept her out of the courtroom in the first place?  Of course Catelynn is ok if she moves in—free child care/storyline!!  

How is Amber, a repeat violent domestic offender not going to jail for any length of time?  And she’s complaining about it!  Just go to jail then, bitch!  I give up.  

That courtroom artist must have been an Amber fan, because he somehow managed to sketch Andrew as fatter than Gary, which, lol.  I don’t care if Gary wakes up at 6 am and chops wood until 6 pm every day, at which point he goes home to feed and clothe orphans, he just looks so unhealthy in the La-Z-Boy tilted back like that all the time in front of the cameras.  Why doesn’t he sit up like a normal person while he is being filmed?  Is it an air passageway issue?  If it is, brother may really want to look into that while he has insurance.  If he doesn’t have a medical reason, and he’s just happy to film like that, yikes.  He doesn’t have a PR person to warn him he looks about 30 lbs away from My 600-lb Life?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I wish I had the $ to go to Thailand. I think I said the same thing a few weeks ago when Cate and Tyler were in Hawaii. 

What is with these girls allowing these unrelated adults to live in the same house as their minor children  ? Cate with Ashley,  Cheyenne and her sister with whatever his name is....

Does Geary own the house Amber is renting  ?

I have always wondered if Bentley really is Ryan's child. They look nothing alike, and Maci was probably tarting around in those days.

Maci, WTH ? I know its probably editing but why invite Ryan to the party if you are just gonna glare at him the whole time ? 

Is Ryan's wife pregnant  ? 

Cheyenne 's daughter's father is expecting with his gf ?

• Love 4

So Corey got someone else pregnant and now he’s off to the Challenge?  With his reputation, Taylor can expect to be a single Mother, just like Cheyenne unless Corey thinks he can wrangle MTV into a reality show based on his life.  Amber is 5he luckiest bitch in the world. This is not her first rodeo and she gets off with just probation?  Also, I love the way the “mother of the year” doesn’t feel as though she needs parenting classes.  Once again, Ryan’s parents are two of 5he most clueless people around. It’s clear he’s still using but they’re going 5o avoid having any conversations that upset him. Great work, you two.

• Love 10

WTF does Ryan do for money ... do is a worthless drug addict with no redeeming qualities but here he is living in a nice house driving around in a Lexus SUV with is worthless horse face wife telling him how great he is ... those 2 slobs deserve each other ..... I live when the Dump Truck twins Amber and Catelyn try telling everyone how great they are but if they mess up it’s because of their “sickness” I can’t wait until the MTV money goes away and these 2 Humpty Dumpty trolls have no Money and have to get jobs .... welfare and food stamps here they come ..... F you Tyler you self righteous prick .... dude is a piece of shit but thinks he’s so smart and above everyone .... dude you knocked up a swamp donkey when it was 15 and you for some reason got lucky mtv was desperate for teen train wrecks 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

How is Amber, a repeat violent domestic offender not going to jail for any length of time?

I really hate to sound sexist but if it was a man doing and saying that to a woman I wonder how  different it would be.

• Love 16

Not that I didn't like the idea of the invitation, but considering Bentley's birthday party was at an interactive zoo, it seemed pointless for Ryan and McKenzie to be there. They literally followed the main group 100ft behind. 

This might of been one of the years where you do two separate celebrations.

I have to "side" with Cheyenne on this one. Not that I disliked Matt, but I think she felt "tricked" when it came to him "staying" with her. She made it clear she didn't want to live with another man unless she was engaged or married. Matt supposedly had a roommate situation set in LA, which just so happen to fall through on the exact day he was coning into town. If I was Cheyenne I would of felt set up. Then you show your ass and start a fight with me in front of my family and friends. Bye Matt, take care. 

Gary, just shut up!!!! You think Andrew purposefully was hoping Amber got probation so he can enact a revenge scheme that gets Amber thrown in jail, as opposed to just wanting her to be punished for the assault? 

Also doesn't Gary have the exact same set up that he claims Andrew is scheming to get; full custody, Amber in jail, or out paying child support, while the father is primary care giver. 

Of all people wouldn't Gary understand Andrew the most. How quickly people forget. 

I appreciate Tyler and Cate helping a friend I just hate how sanctimonious Tyler can be. He was better this week but last week it was exhausting. I almost died when Ashley mentioned that she pays taxes. I had just read the headline and thought well you two are in more trouble than she is. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why does Maci have a huge wall in her home covered with sculptures of the capital letter “M” all over it? If that “M” is for “Mom,” that is literally the most basic thing I’ve ever seen.  

Their last name is McKinney.  

I thought for sure that Tyler's friend was going to jail.  With her odd affected speech patterns and nonsense babbling, I thought she was high.  That said, I wouldn't want someone sleeping on the couch with my family for months on end.  Oh, and their dream house is only 3 bedrooms with no guest room or even a basement? 

11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I have to "side" with Cheyenne on this one. Not that I disliked Matt, but I think she felt "tricked" when it came to him "staying" with her. She made it clear she didn't want to live with another man unless she was engaged or married. Matt supposedly had a roommate situation set in LA, which just so happen to fall through on the exact day he was coning into town. If I was Cheyenne I would of felt set up. Then you show your ass and start a fight with me in front of my family and friends. Bye Matt, take care. 

Agreed.  Matt tried to pull a fast one to move in with Cheyenne.  Plus, he's not cute. She can do much better.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I appreciate Tyler and Cate helping a friend I just hate how sanctimonious Tyler can be.

I'm side eying them since they have kids and should be concerned for their welfare and safety  first. Who is Ashley hanging out with that can bring problems to Cate and Tyler's house? They are probably the rich family in the neighborhood and many sketchy people may take the opportunity to befriend Ashley in hopes of getting inside access. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I appreciate Tyler and Cate helping a friend I just hate how sanctimonious Tyler can be.

The best was when Tyler called the act of him helping Ashley "noble!"  This guy.

I loved when Jade and Maverick ran up to Larry, so excited to see him, and jumped into his arms.  

• Love 19
18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

My mind just picks up on stupid shit when I watch this show, because the format is so boring.  It’s just a bunch of scenes of people reflecting on and reacting to things that happen off camera.  I’m fascinated that people who are not generally attractive, interesting or intelligent get paid to just talk on TV.  They’re not teen moms.  They’re just lightly to highly dysfunctional young-ish moms.  

I think working at a cheer gym would literally be one of the best things Mackenzie could do for herself.  And the viewers.  When Josh talked about himself possibly “hafta” traveling for himself, was he talking about the rodeo?  Is this asshole still actually on the rodeo circuit whatsoever?  🤦‍♂️

OMG, Matt didn’t feel like his “love language was being understood” by Cheyenne?  How does he say that to friends with a straight face?  And did we get to see this gem live?  What happened—she’s withdrawing affection this early into the relationship?  That seems a little passive-aggressive.  It seems a little like someone possibly wanted to be single in Thailand...

I don’t really blame Ryan for his reluctance to be around Maci with the restraining order that prevents him from talking to her or Taylor.  I think the whole idea of Maci being able to unilaterally lift a restraining order is strange in the first place.  Your position is that this person is so menacing that you need to power of the state to interfere with their access to you...except on certain days of your choosing, when you think they’ll be just fine?  Huh?  I think Ryan just doesn’t want to see Bentley, which sucks, and which is why he was late, but he should have just had Mackenzie set up a party for Bentley where Ryan could attempt to have normal human reaction without worrying that he would be the first one to be blamed if any shit went down.  

@druzy, lol, you beat me too it, but if Ashley has a job and pays taxes, why didn’t she just take the fracking drug test that would have kept her out of the courtroom in the first place?  Of course Catelynn is ok if she moves in—free child care/storyline!!  

How is Amber, a repeat violent domestic offender not going to jail for any length of time?  And she’s complaining about it!  Just go to jail then, bitch!  I give up.  

That courtroom artist must have been an Amber fan, because he somehow managed to sketch Andrew as fatter than Gary, which, lol.  I don’t care if Gary wakes up at 6 am and chops wood until 6 pm every day, at which point he goes home to feed and clothe orphans, he just looks so unhealthy in the La-Z-Boy tilted back like that all the time in front of the cameras.  Why doesn’t he sit up like a normal person while he is being filmed?  Is it an air passageway issue?  If it is, brother may really want to look into that while he has insurance.  If he doesn’t have a medical reason, and he’s just happy to film like that, yikes.  He doesn’t have a PR person to warn him he looks about 30 lbs away from My 600-lb Life?  

YES! To everything you said!

3 hours ago, Emkat said:

I must be completely out of touch.  Who the hell goes to Thailand to celebrate their birthday?

That's what I was thinking! And what's with her sister anyway? Is she also a single mom? Where's the baby daddy? Thailand??? Really? Weird.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The best was when Tyler called the act of him helping Ashley "noble!"  This guy.

I loved when Jade and Maverick ran up to Larry, so excited to see him, and jumped into his arms.  

All Tyler has really excelled in is getting people out of jail just to watch them screw up again so he can bail them out over and over until they end up either in prison or in a rehab.

Loved how much Maci and Taylor's little ones love Larry and ran into his arms...made my heart melt.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So Corey got someone else pregnant and now he’s off to the Challenge?  With his reputation, Taylor can expect to be a single Mother, just like Cheyenne unless Corey thinks he can wrangle MTV into a reality show based on his life.  Amber is 5he luckiest bitch in the world. This is not her first rodeo and she gets off with just probation?  Also, I love the way the “mother of the year” doesn’t feel as though she needs parenting classes.  Once again, Ryan’s parents are two of 5he most clueless people around. It’s clear he’s still using but they’re going 5o avoid having any conversations that upset him. Great work, you two.

Amber is just about the laziest most over indulged girl in this franchise. Andrew is right...Amber needs to step up put her kids first and be a Mom for once. From what I see, she seems to be more of an auntie to her kids. The baby daddy do all the care taking and parenting. She just lies around on her couch or bed and whines about how poorly she gets treated. 

Ryan is being poorly served by his wife and family. They continue to enable him and allow him to engage in bad behavior and temper tantrums. Everything bad that has happened to him is Maci's fault...good god, grow the fuck up. You're a parent of three kids now...be a man and get your shit together...quit acting like a whiny little bitch...get clean, get a job and start being an adult.

• Love 13

To quote Barb, " your high...high...high!"  Ryan was high as a kite during his segments. Honestly, I don't think he will ever get clean and McKenzie better prepare herself to raise 3 kids by herself. And speaking of her, what the hell was she thinking bringing another child into this mess? 

That sad ass birthday was strictly for filming purposes.  The Edwards know Ryan needs the money so they continue to participate in the fuckery and Maci needs a story. I mean, come on..the Zoo? For an 11 year old boy who is into multiple sports, most likely is popular and has a ton of friends? Then you take into account the restraining order, the most sensible solution would be for separate celebrations.

Vaeda is not cute...there I said it!  Also, her parents need new friends. Is there anyone in their circle who isn't  trailer trash, on drugs or has extensive involvement with law enforcement? 

MacKenzie M. and I have the exact same glasses and I am pissed about it. Lol

Amber talking about how she doesn't want to be away from her kids ...umm... aren't you on tape, ranting about how you never wanted your son?

Can I get a little clone of Ryder? She is just so freaking cute! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

All Tyler has really excelled in is getting people out of jail just to watch them screw up again so he can bail them out over and over until they end up either in prison or in a rehab.

Tyler gets a lot of self esteem out of being King of the Dumb Shits.

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Ryan is being poorly served by his wife and family. They continue to enable him and allow him to engage in bad behavior and temper tantrums. Everything bad that has happened to him is Maci's fault...good god, grow the fuck up. You're a parent of three kids now...be a man and get your shit together...quit acting like a whiny little bitch...get clean, get a job and start being an adult.

He has surrounded himself with so many enablers there's little chance he'll hit rock bottom. In my experience that type of person tends to die from the disease.

17 hours ago, edie3 said:

I really hate to sound sexist but if it was a man doing and saying that to a woman I wonder how  different it would be.

She is definitely getting breaks from the court and Mtv for being a woman. We have all seen how she gets when she's angry. She is capable of seriously hurting or killing someone. I fear for her son and I think it's better she doesn't have much to do with the daily care of either child. She's violent and often not in control. I wouldn't even want to sit near her in a restaurant.

• Love 14

I remember seeing Maci's Mom maybe once or twice (Maci was still w/Ryan at the time, I think, and was complaining to her Mom about what an un-helpful dick Ryan was being, and her Mom said something like, "Well, that's why teenagers shouldn't be having babies together". I respect her parents for opting not to participate in filming. 

I TOTALLY rolled my eyes at Matt whining about Cheyenne "not accepting my Love Language" or whatever the fuck...and I'm a social worker! What kind of guy in his 20s talks like that!?!? Yuck. Beta male much?

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Liamsmom617 said:

I remember seeing Maci's Mom maybe once or twice (Maci was still w/Ryan at the time, I think, and was complaining to her Mom about what an un-helpful dick Ryan was being, and her Mom said something like, "Well, that's why teenagers shouldn't be having babies together". I respect her parents for opting not to participate in filming. 

I thought they opted out after maci’s dad was arrested for check forgery?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I thought they opted out after maci’s dad was arrested for check forgery?

What I found:

He was arrested in 2012,  for “writing a worthless check”. The check was for $668.74. He ended up paying $949.74, and the case was dismissed.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What I found:

He was arrested in 2012,  for “writing a worthless check”. The check was for $668.74. He ended up paying $949.74, and the case was dismissed.

I think once that was splashed all over the internet, he and her mom decided they didn't want to be on camera anymore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, Chris Knight said:

I have always wondered if Bentley really is Ryan's child. They look nothing alike, and Maci was probably tarting around in those days.

I always thought he looked an awful lot like that red-headed guy Maci was with...Kyle?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3