Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Cruella trying to act sweet and sexy is giving me the shits. Actually Cruella is Lana Turner’s sister, Stomach Turner.  

2 great opening lines to your post! 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Thank goodness that Chance has “some” military training in disarming bombs.  

Did I hear correctly when Dr Sharon PhD reminded him of his last failure with a bomb and then cheered him on not to fuck up this time?

• LOL 14
53 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

This entire story about Sally, Adam, Elena and the baby is so insulting to our collective intelligences. We are not stupid, we are not uneducated and we highly resent the writers treating us like idiots

Well, I guess they think they we totally accepted the Bluetooth story so we'll accept any drek they dredge up.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

Now when Adam thinks of his mother he will also have to think about the agonizing, heartbreaking decision he had to make.  Knowing what would happen, naming the baby “Hope” was for me the most egregious thing the writer has done. Tops poisoning the cat.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Seems like the question of the day was whether Nick spoils female children or male children more.

Can we all just agree that Nick spoils everything?

Sally realizing she was unconscious might have had more effect if she'd realize that she'd been unconscious since her second date with Nick.

Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate gets the cue that he has a dramatic moment coming up, so first we have the head lift, then the chin jut followed by him squinting his eyes.  No matter what, no matter who, no matter where or when.

He's not the worst actor on Show, that's Josh Morrow.  But Sean Dominic is a close second.

I really liked Sally and I could again but chances of that get slimmer with each beat of this baby story.  Adam rises in my estimation by the day.

I hope he wipes the floor with all the Newmans.  A clean sweep, and soon.

Edited by boes
  • Like 13
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Adam is really becoming this show’s AJ Quartermaine. Always being set up for failure. The only thing he needs is a Neanderthal older brother who’s always punching people and a mentally unstable ex wife…oh wait…

Lol Are you me? Because I've actually thought this for years. Even during the Michael Muhney days something about it felt very familiar to how GH wrote A.J into corner after corner, to prop Carly & Jason(later Sonny). At least Adam was able to somewhat(until just now) bounce back from having his character dragged through the gutter. A.J Quartermaine was not nearly as fortunate.

I'll hold off on comparing Sally to Carly for now, because she doesn't deserve that....yet. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Did I hear correctly when Dr Sharon PhD reminded him of his last failure with a bomb and then cheered him on not to fuck up this time?

I almost lost a finger because I was chopping vegetables when she said this.  Good on, Sharon, remind him of his past failure and tell him he'll do better this time.  Sounds like a Little League mom telling her child he or she will hit a homer next time even though you whiffed the last five pitches.

Also feeling the sadz for Adam.  Guy just can't get a break.  Elena blames the decision to save Sally on him even as she explains that there were complications during the surgery.  Did someone dash out from the OR and consult with Adam as to what to do?  No.  The professionals made a professional decision.  

I dread the coming weeks:  That's when we will get Dick dragging Adam's ass for not taking care of Sally while he (Dick) was busy 'saving' his real family.  Adam's protestations of innocence will fall on deaf ears when he assures Dick he didn't tell Sally about the kidnapping.  Hey, Neanderthal, do you think maybe not answering the phone just might have contributed to her anxiety?  Telling her there is a maniac stalking his ex and child and showing up with bruised knuckles and getting arrested might not have caused her a little anxiety?  Nope, it's all Adam's fault.  I hope Adam burns through the Newmans like a GOT dragon.  Dracarys!

• Like 4
  • Applause 15
  • Love 2

I hope Adam burns through the Newmans like a GOT dragon.  Dracarys!

Yes! And Adam should dye his hair blond to make sure everyone knows he ain't playin'.

He's not the worst actor on Show, that's Josh Morrow.  But Sean Dominic is a close second.

SD is rather self-conscious, IMO. In almost every scene he's in I feel like he's posing for the camera. I mean, he looks okay but he's not "everyone stop and stare" handsome. His body is kind of puffy to me, as if the muscles and fat are jockeying for position. Yeah, I've thought about this too much...

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I swear Elena will get off my list, but not today! 😂

1. Why didn't Adam get a chance to hold his baby?

2. Why would she give them both "gifts" without explaining what was inside? Why would she leave Sally alone with hers after acknowledging that she had had a rough day and was dealing with hormones, etc.?

Yes, we got a lot of ACTING today (tm another poster), but none of this makes sense! I did like the Adam/Nick hug.

Back to Sharon, while I think it's gross she's still wearing the dress, I'm more grossed out that she's still wearing her boots!

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

OMG Nick went to the hospital still wearing his sewer shirt. He was hugging post C-section Sally in it. Is there no end to the careless indifference to details on this show? I disliked Victor telling Adam all he had to do to get support from him was "ask," which seemed peculiar, based on how he is always proactively monitoring Victoria's life for any little problem he can fix, before she even knows she has one. I guess there will be alot of test dummies for Danny & Chelsea's Omega Sphere mental fitness game this summer, with all the trauma that's recently made the rounds. Maybe Billy will need to set up a permanent advice booth for the suicidal. I see that Sharon and Nick might be able to start group therapy/coffee klatsch sessions for the recently homicidal at Crimson Lights now. They seemed very comfortable sitting round schmoozing while still wearing their post sewer attire, discussing their justifiable manslaughters. IMO, much more so then Nick did trying to comfort Sally in his infested clothes

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 17
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sally is in pain but she should still be able to have some compassion for what Adam went through. It’s bad enough she started sleeping with his brother, now she’s got to rail on him for saving her life.

FFS, why the hell haven’t Sharon and Nick showered and changed clothes? It’s impossible to watch the have a conversation in those stank sewer clothes.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6

^ they must smell like shit. Literally.

Faith took a shower and changed and tried to nap but Sharon was still wearing that sewer rag. I wouldn't be able to stand it for 1 minute longer and would have thrown that dress in the trash. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Side Part

My pet name for Side Part is Natey-poo

50 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

NateyNate & Olive Oyl's grappling in bed

That's the stuff I ff through.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

SD is rather self-conscious, IMO. In almost every scene he's in I feel like he's posing for the camera.

You know the joke about the actor saying: "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV," well for SD, it should be "I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV." - and since he has done modeling, posing must come easy to him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

This entire story about Sally, Adam, Elena and the baby is so insulting to our collective intelligences.

I keep wondering where the hospital social worker who would be meeting with two people who just experienced the loss of their child at delivery could be - - and did I really hear right, did Elena offer Sally the opportunity to hold her baby with no one else with her - why isn't Adam being given the same opportunity - these are the things that someone from the hospital's counseling services would have discussed with both parents - also funeral arrangements for the baby.

• Like 10
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, tanyak said:

2. Why would she give them both "gifts" without explaining what was inside? Why would she leave Sally alone with hers after acknowledging that she had had a rough day and was dealing with hormones, etc.?

This made me gasp. GASP! How mind blowingly insensitive. That is NOT the sort of thing you dump in grieving parents laps FFS. "Umm, so you're absolutely hysterical and distraught about losing your baby girl but hey, here's your dead baby's foot prints and some baby clothes that you'll never use, because, yanno, tour baby died." Jesus, Elena is the worst doctor ever.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 12
  • LOL 1

I did enjoy the scene between Adam & Nick at Society. It's times like those that I wish they would write a good story line with them becoming closer as brothers and not always against each other.

And I know she is the only doctor and probably tired, but to not even check on that bloody gash on Nick's forehead? Just letting people walk out of there with head wounds...negligence.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

I really like Elena in general, but whew! These last few days, she's been taking all kinds of Ls because of poor writing. Even if they appeared off screen, I would have liked to have heard references about Sally's doctor, hospital counselors and possibly hospital clergy visiting her. And it would have been nice to have some indication that someone had fully explained what happened to the baby to Sally. She could very well still be angry (that's understandable), but based on her conversation with Adam today, it doesn't sound like she's grasped how dire the situation was. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ehh, I'm starting to think maybe Sally needs to be 5150'd. Grief can make people say regrettable things but her blaming Adam for the baby's death is kind of loony to me. Adam should stop trying to reason with Sally while she's in this state.

Meanwhile, useless much, Elena? You basically set Adam up as a scapegoat when it sounds like the the baby stood a poor chance of surviving regardless of the decision you forced on Adam.

Cameron's leather duffel bag was still sitting in Sharon's living room. Seriously? It didn't occur to Sharon that Faith wouldn't want to see it, especially after its owner kidnapped her and tried to kill her? Whatever, some luggage company must've gotten a great product placement deal with Y&R. The bag practically had its own spotlight.

Ava Hope Spectra. Okay. 😕

Would the nurses have put that tiny cap Sally was crying over on Baby Ava's lifeless body? I'm not understanding the significance of it. Plus, what if the parents didn't intend to adhere to the standard pink or blue colors? Seemed a bit presumptuous to me.

Lol, was Victor just wandering the streets of GC tonight? How did he end up at Society after the big drama with Cameron? Maybe Nick texted him to go comfort Adam.

All it took was stabbing a guy to death to make Sharon feel alive and "activated." Yikes.

Please, JG, do not give us a scene with Sally cuddling a baby's corpse. Nobody wants to see that, you cat-killing m.f.-er. 🤬

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, was Victor just wandering the streets of GC tonight? How did he end up at Society after the big drama with Cameron? Maybe Nick texted him to go comfort Adam.

When Victor showed up at Society I was wondering what the hell he was doing out and about that late. Of course I doubt Adam would be opening his box from the hospital in a restaurant. This reminds me of yesterday’s episode when Natey Nate descended from the room at GCAC down into the bar. Why are Victoria and Nate banging at the Athletic Club?  

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Sharon, you’re worried about getting the sewer stink off Faith but how about your Cameron stink. At least change your dress. 

If Hope’s lungs were under developed, that would mean that she wasn’t even in 31 weeks of development.  Meaning that Elena and the medical staff had to believe that Sally’s condition was critical. Which means that Adam’s decision was much to do about nothing because, if Sally died, Hope would die also. Drama drama drama. I know Sally is hurting but Elena should have told Sally that it wasn’t possible to save the under developed Hope because of the risk to you. Elena should have drove home the point that the odds were against you and Hope.  It wasn’t Adam’s decisions to operate, it was Elena’s and the medical staff to operate. It wasn’t even mentioned that Adam could tell them not to operate.  Now Elena is throwing Adam under the bus once again because it was a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation and Elena, when she had another opportunity to tell Sally this, she didn’t. Where is the grief counselor or a social worker?  I guess it’s lie the bomb squad that doesn’t exist. 

The monkeys with a keyboard just have to keep reiterating the point that a decision had to be made like there wasn’t even a decision to be made once they decided to operate.  Unless the medical staff was so incompetent, they would have known that Hope was too underdeveloped to survive.  Hope’s lung development could have been detrimental via an ultrasound or testing the amniotic fluid.  Drama drama drama is paramount.  I now will use Ava Hope as it was revealed that was actually the baby’s name. 

CH had me 😥 with her soliloquy about Ava Hope.  Adam was able to convey remorsefulness but, when talking to Victor, it was overshadowed by his sense of self pity.  In my opinion, once again, the monkeys with a keyboard just love to fuck Adam up the ass this time by writing that he had to make a life or death decision especially when all the facts were not presented to him about Ava Hope.  As I said before, is almost malpractice that that the medical team didn’t know that Ava Hope wasn’t viable. It’s common to use the ultrasound before proceeding with a C Section or to further diagnose the extent of Sally’s condition.  But all this was ignored to make Adam make a decision that for all intensive purposes he didn’t have to make.  So much 🐂💩that if it could be recycled into food, it could cure world hunger. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why are Victoria and Nate banging at the Athletic Club?  

Newman Trusses and Ear Wax Removal Inc. have an "executive suite" there, dontcha know.  It comes complete with complimentary bathrobes, condoms and bondage paddles for the lucky Newman employee or Executive Staff.

I think they don't got to Nate's place because there's a chance Devon and Abby might see and would point and giggle and they don't go to Victoria's place because she's long forgotten where it is.

Good acting by MG and CH today.  Nick's hug was nice and all but if I was Adam, I'd check to see if he hadn't picked his pocket.  Victor's sympathy might carry more weight if he hadn't tried to pay Sally off not that long ago to disappear and leave the baby behind, besides badmouthing her at every opportunity.

If killing makes Sharon feel alive, just imagine how much more alive she'll feel when scrubs down with some Irish Spring!  Or those delightful Scrubbin' bubbles.

Is is usual for the nursing staff to give bereaved parents a goodie box after such a trauma?  Seems pretty sadistic to me.

Looks to me like that baby had some pretty big feet.

Edited by boes
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

So someone else can wash the sheets.

36 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

read the comments but seeing the way Elena handed Adam that gift bag and referred to it as a momento as if she was handing him a party favor then the follow up of handing Sally that gift actually made me say oh my god out loud. And I know it’s a soap and we can’t expect realism but come on, there would be a hospital social worker, a member of clergy if they wanted it. Elena should be disciplined for that move alone. 

I just can't with this show.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Julyolo said:

OMG Nick went to the hospital still wearing his sewer shirt. He was hugging post C-section Sally in it. Is there no end to the careless indifference to details on this show? 

So glad someone else feels the same way I do. I posted something on another board about Nick being in a sewer and going to the hospital without showering and changing and got jumped all over.

We're probably lucky he didn't hop in bed with her.

41 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

So what would they have done with Ava if Adam had said to save her? If Sally died so would Ava. 

Apparently that is what Sally wanted!  No, it really does not make sense. Then Sally was saying Adam would have raised Ava. This after constantly shutting him out and acting like Nick would be such a wonderful father.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

For some reason my DVR didn’t record yesterday, so looked for it on Paramount+. I had to scroll through all of this years episodes and noticed that the episode where Sally discovers she is pregnant and tells Nick was at the end of Feb, so she might have been5 months pregnant - at the most. Either the fetus was viable, or not. If it was, then both mother and child should have lived. Should never have been presented as a choice IMO.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Courtney Hope really knocked it out of the park on this storyline. She also conveyed physical pain better than most of these jokers on the show.

I gotta disagree with you here.  I think her acting was way OOT, but I agree TMMV.

So WHY the fuck  did they give out the box with the hats and foot prints.  Couldn't they have waited for a more sensitive time to do so instead handing out a door prize:  Here ya go guys, sorry you lost your kid, but here are today's parting gifts?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

So glad someone else feels the same way I do. I posted something on another board about Nick being in a sewer and going to the hospital without showering and changing and got jumped all over.

We're probably lucky he didn't hop in bed with her.

Since this is Nick, I think we're lucky he didn't do armpit farts to try and cheer Sally up.

As for him cleaning up, I can't forget this is the same guy who thought having sex with Sage on a filthy dropcloth was fine and dandy.

Which, by the way, is his nickname for two of his favorite body parts.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

Yeah, the gift boxes were so tacky. I have a friend who had a late loss. The nurses did place a knit cap on the baby's head when they bought him to her. That's one thing. It wasn't packed up in a bright pink box with booties and footprints. I honestly thought Elena was dropping off boxes of cookies given her demeanor when handing them to Sally and Adam. 

And for someone with keener memories: I know the hospital room has been used for many years now. But in the past, wasn't there a lobby with chairs right outside the room? With a nurses station? And maybe an elevator? I can't figure out what that space right outside of the room is supposed to be, but it looks off. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 5
24 minutes ago, tanyak said:

And for someone with keener memories: I know the hospital room has been used for many years now. But in the past, wasn't there a lobby with chairs right outside the room? With a nurses station? And maybe an elevator? I can't figure out what that space right outside of the room is supposed to be, but it looks off. 

There were all those things.  It seems like not all that long ago, we saw a waiting room though I don't remember who was hospitalized or why - maybe Hilary??

I think it was when Sage died that Nick collapsed, falling into the nurses station and onto the floor.  He hit it so hard that the whole nursing station started rolling away.  It was pretty funny.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Sharon seriously hasn’t changed out of that damn dress yet?

I keep reading about the grieving parents goody bags being given out, and I have to ask, does JG live on this planet? Has he ever, you know, met and interacted with human beings? I wouldn’t let Nick wipe his ass with these scripts.

• Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 13
On 3/28/2023 at 11:20 AM, boes said:

On 6/19/2023 at 8:39 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

So Elena, help me out here.  You ask Adam to leave the room {which has no medical equipment for such a serious condition, but I digress} so you can tell Sally Adam made the decision?....

8 hours ago, tanyak said:

Yes, we got a lot of ACTING today (tm another poster), but none of this makes sense! I did like the Adam/Nick hug.

Back to Sharon, while I think it's gross she's still wearing the dress, I'm more grossed out that she's still wearing her boots!

4 hours ago, tanyak said:

I really like Elena in general, but whew! These last few days, she's been taking all kinds of Ls because of poor writing. Even if they appeared off screen, I would have liked to have heard references about Sally's doctor, hospital counselors and possibly hospital clergy visiting her. And it would have been nice to have some indication that someone had fully explained what happened to the baby to Sally. She could very well still be angry (that's understandable), but based on her conversation with Adam today, it doesn't sound like she's grasped how dire the situation was. 

Not once did Elaina say "We couldn't save the baby, too."  

Instead it sounded like they killed it. Adam killed it. Come on Nick say you would have made the same call - he almost did.

Sharon was obviously wearing her special high heeled suede sewer boots and blood resistant house gown? Nick always seems covered in bacteria but hugging someone with an insision - sitting on her bed - and Elaina brushing off a bloody head injury?

• Like 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Yes! I scrolled through one of those groups and it is like we were watching two different soaps. Are we terrible, sarcastic people? I guess we were birthed on TWOP. 😎

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

The word manipulative is what comes to mind for me.  Heartbreaking complications do occur in pregnancies, but all the machinations to set it up so that Adam had to choose who to save, and that hero Nick was tied up battling Michael Meyers in the sewer so he couldn't be there just reeks of let's write something so that some actors can submit their Emmy reels.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes! I scrolled through one of those groups and it is like we were watching two different soaps. 

I actually had to contact a monitor to remove one of the comments because it was so insulting in insulting me personally.

So, this morning I checked it out and overnight people finally did come in agreeing with me.

There are so many times that it seems like that board is watching a totally different soap. Things we post here would literally get us banned. 😄😋 

I would love to see a storyline where Nick had to choose between saving Faith, Summer or Christian.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, tanyak said:

1. Not sure on this one - except, for all we know, he may have been offered a chance.  After all, we didn't see the first offer to Sally (the one Elena referenced in subsequent dialogue.)

2. Elena was about to say more to Adam after giving him the gift, but Nick's arrival diverted the conversation.  As for leaving Sally alone, more of the dastardly plot-pointing that Elena had to carry for the three days of this make-believe hospital story!  No doubt, those penning this stuff wanted the "drama"  of Sally's soliloquy over her dead infant's memory box.  Therefore, exit Elena. 

While saying this might make me as popular as a flea at a dog show, I can't even begin to be one bit mad at Elena for having to carry the plot points as the only medical professional on the scene.

First plot point:  Those in charge wanted the "drama" of both brothers facing an impossible decision at exactly the same time - the choice between a daughter and her mother.  To do this, the medical story had to be rushed and twisted beyond reality - and the only medical professional there - Elena - had to carry that weight on her slender shoulders by mouthing the penned words making Adam choose. 

Second - and more lasting plot point:  Those in charge appear to want to continue the Adam-Sally rift and, more significantly, to use this story to turn Adam back to his dark angry side.  Again, tiny Elena had to shoulder this heavy load.  So, instead of blaming her for doing so, I'm going to lift her up by noting that, except for "the choice," she did a darn fine job of being the caring, sensitive calming influence both Sally and Adam needed and of validating the grief and loss BOTH were feeling - especially important with Adam.  In all three episodes, she reached out to him - asking how he was doing, acknowledging his loss, telling him he lost a child, too, offering to help if needed. 

And, in conclusion, if it's not already apparent, sacrificing characters to plot points in this way is one of my pet peeves against soap writers.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I really like the character of Elena and I resent the bag of shit she was handed to act out. She just would not do or say the things they had her doing and saying. This storyline has been utterly toxic to all involved.

I’ve been mulling over what fucking point the writer thought he was making by having Nick repeatedly say “that’s what a father does” while his daughter was rescued and then showing scenes of Adam being forced to make his choice. The implications of that juxtaposition have been bothering me.

• Like 11
  • Love 6

I would love to see a storyline where Nick had to choose between saving Faith, Summer or Christian.

Heh, first of all, Christian's a goner. Nick already puts his sex life ahead of the poor kid. Second, somewhere Noah is saying, "What am I, mashed potatoes?" So that leaves Faith and Summer to fight it out. I'd put my money on Faith.

• Like 5
  • LOL 15
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meanwhile, useless much, Elena? You basically set Adam up as a scapegoat

And then she laid it on the nurses for that insensitive 'gift' that is obviously meant for happy parents of a live baby.  Maybe she has some underlying anger after her breakup with Side Part and is taking it out on her patients.  Sharon better shower and change clothes soon cause a line is going to be forming outside the Coffee House.

17 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Because they are having working sex, ya know, like a working lunch and NE keeps a suite just for such occasions.  It's like still being a virgin if you didn't do it in a bed.

• LOL 16

Speaking of Noah...

I'm guessing that the fact that Noah was nowhere to be seen (or even mentioned) while his mother and sister were in danger (mortal danger in Faith's case) means that this latest actor to play him is no longer a cast member? And the actress playing Allie too, while I'm wondering?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Speaking of Noah...

I'm guessing that the fact that Noah was nowhere to be seen (or even mentioned) while his mother and sister were in danger (mortal danger in Faith's case) means that this latest actor to play him is no longer a cast member? And the actress playing Allie too, while I'm wondering?

I don't know if the actors have been moved to recurring or if they've just been let go.  The characters have supposedly moved, London for Noah where he's opening a new club and Allie to Paris, where she's working for the Jabot branch there.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5

Okay, this is a real question:

Are soap opera sets really very expensive? I know that soaps don't have the budgets they once did, but they just seem so "low budget" now. 

The only homes we see are Devon's condo and the Abbott mansion. Everyone else "lives" at the Grand Phoenix set or the GCAC hotel room set. They used to change accessories to make them look like different rooms, but I don't even think they bother anymore.

Everyone does business at Society or Crimson Lights. Everything Chancellor is gone (the mansion, the company). Victoria's house? Gone. The only office at Newman is Victoria's. Anything that happens at Jabot happens in Jack's office or the area just outside of it. We don't even see the cute apartment over Crimson Lights anymore. Chelsea does everything downstairs in the coffee shop now.

I guess the main area of GCAC became the Top of the Tower pool area became Noah's 70s Glam Nightmare Lounge became Neil's boring Jazz Lounge.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Is it too expensive to maintain more than a couple of sets at a time? It just feels like this wasn't an issue some years ago. 

Am I imagining this?

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't know if the actors have been moved to recurring or if they've just been let go.  The characters have supposedly moved, London for Noah where he's opening a new club and Allie to Paris, where she's working for the Jabot branch there.

Thanks. I missed those storyline developments. So, they didn't leave the canvas as a couple? Shame, so much energy went into making them a couple and every other character going on about how cute they were together.

I guess Noah will resurface in a few years being played by yet another new face.

We'll probably never see Allie again. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
(edited)

I know at one point, the Allie and Noah actors had moved to recurring status. I missed that they had moved to Europe.

As for the sets, I don't know, but I suppose it's money to have builders recreate sets all the time. I think it just goes in cycles. For example, Sharon's been featured fairly prominently for the last month, so she finally got her house back after many months. But now that that storyline is concluding, we'll likely start seeing Devon's house or maybe the Newman's living room again. And Sharon only appears in the coffee shop. 

Also, I guess we are back to CEO and COO being the only executive positions available in GC. Victoria could create the role of president and give it to Nate. He could outrank Nick and we could still have some real drama, but not this manufactured mess of kicking him out.  

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

I nearly 💩 when Nick asked Sally to move in with him. I hope this puts the final nail in Adams relationship with her and he can move on to find another woman.I don't want to see him pining over her any longer.

45 minutes ago, TVForever said:

So, they didn't leave the canvas as a couple? 

They said they still.visit each other on weekends.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5