Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Who summons their parents to dinner in less than an hour? I

There are only three places for dinner in the whole f&cking city:  Society, GCAC and the coffee house, (if you bring your own food).  None of these people seem to eat at home (even the ones with children) so a last minute invitation has a 30 per cent chance that the invitee will already be in the place to which you are inviting them.

22 hours ago, Js Nana said:

There are how-to videos on youtube.

Sharon:  What's a you tube?

14 hours ago, boes said:

I'm enjoying Melissa Ordway acting with Bryton more than I have anyone else she's been with. 

Years ago when Devon became a rich person he and Abby 'dated' to commiserate how difficult it was to have money. Abby was kind of showing him the ropes of rich and famous. They were a good couple then and I hoped the show was going to pair them up.  Well, better late than never.

I want a puppy...

Edited by MollyB
they are so adorbs
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
12 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Years ago when Devon became a rich person he and Abby 'dated' to commiserate how difficult it was to have money. Abby was kind of showing him the ropes of rich and famous. They were a good couple then and I hoped the show was going to pair them up.  Well, better late than never.

I'll sit at that table with you and boes. Once I got over the "scandal" of how they got together, I realized that I actually like Abby and Devon as a couple. And until they sent Dom off to look for his blocks in the attic, the three of them made a cute little family.

Which leads me to wonder if Show is ever going to address Chance being his legal father. Or are they just going to drop it and pretend like all of that never happened. Because everyone seems to be settling into the idea of "Devon is Dom's Dad". Chance doesn't get mentioned much in that circle, and Chance and Abby have only dropped throwaway lines (and not that recently that I can recall) about coparenting Dom.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I had to laugh. “Chief Talent Officer” is an executive position?  It’s nothing more than a fancy name for the head of HR.

OK, so I Googled "Chief Talent Officer” and came up with the following:

"A Chief Talent Officer is in charge of the organization's internal and external talent acquisition strategy, especially for C-suite candidates (i.e. executives, managers, and team leaders). This is a senior-level role aiming to create high-performance teams that help companies grow."

"Chief talent officers oversee all departments within a business and freely suggest changes to major policies."

"A chief talent officer (CTO) is an upper management-level position in human resources. As a CTO, you identify, recruit, and manage talent relationships to benefit company performance."

"A Chief Talent Officer is a human resources executive who supports the overall business plan of a company/organization through talent management and performance monitoring."

I'm thinking that one benefit Diane finds in starting out as the CTO at Jabot is that it would provide her with the opportunity to search for and hire "C-suite candidates (i.e. executives, managers, and team leaders)" who will be loyal to her in her climb up Jabot's corporate ladder - or maybe she wants to make everyone think that she couldn't be any threat at all by occupying a lower-level position in Jabot's corporate hierarchy - whatever the case, Diane's got plans.

• Useful 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Chance needs to grab a clothes iron and get to policing.

Hi, long time lurker here! The issue at hand is, does he have any pants to that can accommodate his head up his behind? Because this show is definitely in the toilet now.

Edited by surfgirl
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

I want a puppy...

Thanks for mentioning that, I'd totally blanked out that they'd sorta/kinda dated.  Maybe they're friends off screen and that's why there's an ease between them that I haven't seen her have with anyone else, at least to this extent.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

Is it because they are still trying to gaslight us into believing Devon is a Chancellor?

People forget that Katherine Chancellor was a Chancellor by marriage, not birth.

1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

does he have any pants to that can accommodate his head up his behind?

Conner Floyd, the actor who plays "Chance," seems like a nice guy, but could he, or any actor, make something out of a character that's written as a complete cipher?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

Diane's got plans

Just thinking about the difference I see between Phyllis and Diane, and I've come to the conclusion that Phyllis, though almost always a train wreck of a woman, is someone with an open heart whom you could trust to be your best friend forever, and Diane isn't.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

OK, so I Googled "Chief Talent Officer” and came up with the following:

"A Chief Talent Officer is in charge of the organization's internal and external talent acquisition strategy, especially for C-suite candidates (i.e. executives, managers, and team leaders). This is a senior-level role aiming to create high-performance teams that help companies grow."

"Chief talent officers oversee all departments within a business and freely suggest changes to major policies."

"A chief talent officer (CTO) is an upper management-level position in human resources. As a CTO, you identify, recruit, and manage talent relationships to benefit company performance."

"A Chief Talent Officer is a human resources executive who supports the overall business plan of a company/organization through talent management and performance monitoring."

I'm thinking that one benefit Diane finds in starting out as the CTO at Jabot is that it would provide her with the opportunity to search for and hire "C-suite candidates (i.e. executives, managers, and team leaders)" who will be loyal to her in her climb up Jabot's corporate ladder - or maybe she wants to make everyone think that she couldn't be any threat at all by occupying a lower-level position in Jabot's corporate hierarchy - whatever the case, Diane's got plans.

How many executives, managers, and team leaders that Jabot hires that Diane can make loyal to her?  Climbing up the corporate latter would be based on performance not by having loyal employees. Lower level employees are more of a hindrance than a benefit to your climbing the corporate latter. Look at Natey Nate Nate and Audra who both will walk over upper management to get their job.  Diane might be gaslighting Jack, but I, for one, do not think so.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Just thinking about the difference I see between Phyllis and Diane, and I've come to the conclusion that Phyllis, though almost always a train wreck of a woman, is someone with an open heart whom you could trust to be your best friend forever, and Diane isn't.

I’m really beginning to think that we’re being gaslighted. MS is really writing these comments because there’s no other explanation for this.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)

^^^Yes, I've started thinking the same thing.

MS--or someone acting on her behalf--has long been suspected of posting gushing statements about her performance as Phyllis or about Phyllis herself on another Y&R forum.* This probably isn't the place to be trying to pull that kind of stuff though, especially not in a "fact" versus "opinion" kind of way.

*I don't think she's the only cast member who does it. They seem to be treating it as another type of PR.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

MS is really writing these comments

No she isn't, I am.

Just now, Js Nana said:

No she isn't, I am.

And the comments are about the character, not the actress.

I seem to have run into the wrath of the anti-Phyllisites, but I stand by my comments.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Climbing up the corporate latter would be based on performance not by having loyal employees.

Climbing the corporate ladder in Genoa City involves evil machinations and ruthless sibling rivalry.

• Like 4

Phyllis can’t be trusted not to lure her own beloved children into a criminal conspiracy. I’mma give friendship with her a hard pass. Phyllis is ride or die for exactly one person - herself.

6 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Hi, long time lurker here! The issue at hand is, does he have any pants to that can accommodate his head up his behind? Because this show is definitely in the toilet now.

Please post more often! Anybody who talks Chance’s pants is alright by me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
(edited)
22 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Phyllis left her “best friend” a voicemail frantically begging for help to save her from Diane even though she knew they would spend the rest of their lives feeling responsible for her murder. At that time she had no intention of ever coming back by her own admission. She literally not only caused her BFF immense grief and pain—intentionally and unilaterally—she also multiplied the pain exponentially solely to further her bullshit caper. And she did it with every intention of leaving that guilt on them for the rest of their lives. Why? To punish them for not telling her she was right. (“Well they’re gonna feel terrible when…”) I said it before: the whole reason she faked her death was to punish everyone who loved her for not co-signing her psycho obsession. So she would WIN.

Phyllis doesn’t give a watery damn about anyone. She doesn’t love anyone enough not to utterly destroy them to prove a point. Evidently. 

Edited by Rye
  • Like 6
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 9

Anybody who talks Chance’s pants is alright by me.

Well, we probably could talk about Chance's pants more but the show seems to be concentrating on his shirts right now. He and scuzzball Cameron are having a work shirt competition and I am here for it.

Meanwhile, on the pants score I think Tucker's winning at least for jeans. He puts a little something extra in 'em, idunnowhut.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, Rye said:

the whole reason she faked her death was to punish everyone who loved her for not co-signing her psycho obsession.

And what was Diane Jenkin's excuse for faking her death, abandoning her young son to his grief over her loss - - at least Phyllis didn't disappear for 12 years, like Diane did.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

or just plain old nepotism.

The whole international empire building shenanigans of the Abbott and Newman families are rather incestuous, aren't they - not even marrying into the family earns anyone an automatic place in the business, although Diane may be able to worm her way in at Jabot by virtue of being Kyle's mother.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

And what was Diane Jenkin's excuse for faking her death, abandoning her young son to his grief over her loss - - at least Phyllis didn't disappear for 12 years, like Diane did.

It’s not really the same thing because Diane was really most sincerely dead when she died. 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:27 PM, TVForever said:

I'll sit at that table with you and boes. Once I got over the "scandal" of how they got together, I realized that I actually like Abby and Devon as a couple. And until they sent Dom off to look for his blocks in the attic, the three of them made a cute little family.

Which leads me to wonder if Show is ever going to address Chance being his legal father. Or are they just going to drop it and pretend like all of that never happened. Because everyone seems to be settling into the idea of "Devon is Dom's Dad". Chance doesn't get mentioned much in that circle, and Chance and Abby have only dropped throwaway lines (and not that recently that I can recall) about coparenting Dom.

I am liking Devon and Abby now too, I think Chance could do everyone a solid and just gift Dom to Devon so he has one daddy and home.  After all Chance:wasn’t all that interested in having a baby with Abby. Plus he’s super busy with Phyllis AND Cameron now, 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
14 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

It’s not really the same thing because Diane was really most sincerely dead when she died. 

And there was a long line of people who were literally trying to kill her.  I wouldn't come back for 12 years either.😉

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

You said Phyllis seems like a great best friend. I said she isn’t one. That was the scope of my post. I didn’t post about Diane, so I’m not sure why you’re asking why I don’t think Diane was wrong. She was obviously wrong, but that has nothing to do with what I said?

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 4

Saying Phyllis is wrong doesn't mean Diane was right in what she did. Both were wrong in faking their deaths. I will say though that Phyllis went on and on about how wrong Diane was to do it...and then she did it!

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Phyllis would be a "great friend" the same way a velocipraptor would be a great house pet.

This

giphy.gif

Or this

giphy.gif

I'd go with the velocipraptor.  Easier clean up and definitely more cuddleworthy.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Diane was really most sincerely dead when she died.

And 12 years later, the producers decided to resurrect the character of Diane Jenkins with the explanation that Deacon Sharpe had helped her fake her death, so the character's back story then became that she had faked her death and reinvented herself as Taylor Jensen.  One unanswered question: whose corpse was it that was identified as Diane's?

Just now, Js Nana said:

"she [Diane] had faked her death"

Because everyone hated her.

2 hours ago, Rye said:

That was the scope of my post

Many apologies, Rye, it was a tit-for-tat response on my part.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

.  One unanswered question: whose corpse was it that was identified as Diane's?

The same one that was identified as Phyllis, this time, deep fried.

• LOL 12
On 6/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, LongtimeYRfan said:

It is like the writers decided that he was the sexiest guy on the show - so must be made plain. Can’t have a male character  better looking than Nick, Adam, Devon (🤓), Billy, etc.  

On 6/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, LongtimeYRfan said:

they are  toning him down in order to not upstage some of their "writer's pet" male characters on the show. There is no other reason that they would put this spectacular looking man in GARBAGE!

Nick, Billy, & Devon are probably the only ones TIIC are worried about being upstaged by Chance. Because those are the 3 that are always in a relationship, and always shoved in our faces as amazing people & super attractive. Adam is the only one that has proven to  hold his own with Chance onscreen. In fact, Chance & Adam are friends but when is the last time we saw them onscreen together? Pure speculation on my part, but I assume someone behind the scenes got nervous when they saw the reception of Adam & Chance onscreen. I'm convinced they shut down Adam/Tucker being cool allies with lighting speed for similar reasons. 

But seriously, it's June....I think that Adam & Chance have maybe hung out and caught up once, if that. After everything they've both gone through since Christmas.

I agree that Chance being a true blue Chancellor/legacy character deserves much better than to play ring around the the dumbest Newman or be eluded by the force fed criminal of the season. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

The same one that was identified as Phyllis

I guess if they'd cremated that corpse back in 2011, they could have taken the ashes, spread them around the ambulance, and claim they were Phyllis's accidentally cremated remains.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I guess if they'd cremated that corpse back in 2011, they could have taken the ashes, spread them around the ambulance, and claim they were Phyllis's accidentally cremated remains.

Or they could have just gone to the drive thru at KFC and asked for the Psycho Special with biscuits and that special sauce of homicidal lunacy gravy.

It's fingerlikin' nutz!!

It's Mother Love, Summers style.

Edited by boes
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 16
(edited)

Chance & Adam are friends but when is the last time we saw them onscreen together? Pure speculation on my part, but I assume someone behind the scenes got nervous when they saw the reception of Adam & Chance onscreen. I'm convinced they shut down Adam/Tucker being cool allies with lighting speed for similar reasons.  

Yep and yep. I was looking forward to seeing Adam and Tucker get into some business shenanigans together but it seems like TPTB immediately shut their friendship down. Chance and Adam as buddies would be great too I think, especially since they're both single. But maybe since Chance might start dating Sharon it would be better to keep some distance between her ex and her possible future.

Chance being a true blue Chancellor/legacy character deserves much better than to play ring around the the dumbest Newman or be eluded by the force fed criminal of the season

ICAM. I'm still mad about that stupid bicentennial event where Nikki and Victor got to swan around like they're the queen and king of GC. Meanwhile, Chance is an actual descendant of the founder of Genoa City and I don't think he was even there, was he? He showed up in an official law enforcement capacity after the Phyllis and Stark stuff happened.

Chance isn't the type who'd want to lord it over people that he's a social elite but IMO he should be shown proper deference anyway. Nope, the Newmans and Abbotts treat him like he's either their personal servant in the GCPD to handle their criming problems, or he's a minor annoyance and has no real authority over them.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I've seen that hairstyle (or lack of) on women like Nikki before! It is exactly how they look after the shampoo girl has finished, and put them back into their wheelchair to wait, until they are ready for their hair rollers or blow dry. The longer Summer sports that peach accordion pleated jumpsuit, the worse it gets. Nope to the matching lipstick, and she needs to get her "team" on the same track. Right now, they are all over the place, one high, one sideways and low. Glad to see Victor checking out Nate and Audra's  "It's a Small World" ride domination plans. Bad move for Grampire to assist in that EMT search. Oh, my, art imitates life today!! Show has kidnapped Faith. What a metaphorical plot device here ... same as the audience's faith in this show was kidnapped, a long, long time ago.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

It felt out of character for Victor to acquiesce about helping Phyllis. Victor had never cared at all about cutting his grandchildrens’ non-Newman mothers out of their lives. In fact, judging by the fact that he has tried to forcibly pay nearly all of his grandkids’ moms to leave, he thinks they’re all better off being raised by Newmans exclusively. So I’m not buying one pout turn him around on that.

Whatever trauma and warping Summer’s been subjected to (which is a truckload), she’s also still the dumbest person on the show. Her “plan” to bring the EMT back a pay him to lie was stupid enough, but then you’re going to tell an officer of the court you plan to do that?? Michael isn’t even your attorney, not that privilege applies to intent to commit crimes. Setting aside how illegal all that is (which, thank you Michael), the guy’s not even a credible witness.

SC did a good job today with the Faith thing. I still didn’t enjoy her trying to flirt with Chance, I really don’t like them together. But it was light years better than JM living out his professional wrestling fantasies. “Now entering the ring… Silverback!!!”

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

The longer Summer sports that peach accordion pleated jumpsuit, the worse it gets.

The longer Summer sports that outfit, which for sure beats that cheapo faux-satin outfit Sharon's wearing, the longer the producers are trying to stretch out the passing of one day in the lives of "The Rich and the Stupid," and today, Monday, makes five episodes that Summer and Sharon have been shown wearing the same outfits, and if everybody's still got the same outfits on tomorrow, that will make six episodes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Rye said:

I still didn’t enjoy her trying to flirt with Chance

Well SC (Sharon) is supposed to be having a thing with MG (Adam), so maybe she's now got a thing for CF (Chance).

14 minutes ago, Rye said:

“Now entering the ring… Silverback!!!”

My semi-anthropological observation of JM as NN is that he has exactly three facial expressions:

1) scowl

2) teeth-baring smile beneath scowling brow

3) pugnacious pout

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

What bothers me most about Chance (other than being too sexy for his shirt, so sexy it hurts) is the writing that forces him to be stupid to accommodate an absolutely ridiculous plot. Don’t treat your audience like they’re simpletons. If Chance and Christine have to be dumbed down to the point a carrot could do their jobs just as effectively, maybe your storyline is a trash fire in a sewage plant.

Cameron is just out there killing cats and running circles around Victor’s quite top tier security forces and the town’s only detective. Yet with all his preternatural criming ability, Kirsten showed up at Crimson Lights to point and laugh at Nick. Fortunately, he did it in front of a conveniently oblivious detective.

If you could make buildings out of whatever material constitutes Summer’s skull, no earthquake or tornado could touch them. Holy shit, what a dope. Daniel’s wide-eyed look of disbelief at Summer’s delusional idiocy was well played. I think Victor gave in to her just so she’d shut her pout flaps.

Nick big mad at jail! Hilarious. Victoria, no one will give a nibbled nut that your brother punched a cat poisoner and convicted murderer. I sincerely doubt that anyone in the business world takes him seriously anyway.

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

My semi-anthropological observation of JM as NN is that he has exactly three facial expressions:

1) scowl

2) teeth-baring smile beneath scowling brow

3) pugnacious pout

Spot on. Although three expressions may be a bit generous. 🤓 I have gotten to the point where I just cannot stand him. Sadly, who wants to bet that he is flattered by how unpopular both his storylines are: Sally Protector and then He-Man ex-wife savior. It makes him think he is killing it with his “ackting”.

• Like 12
  • Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick big mad at jail! Hilarious. Victoria, no one will give a nibbled nut that your brother punched a cat poisoner and convicted murderer. I sincerely doubt that anyone in the business world takes him seriously anyway.

How can you not love the eternal joke that THIS time, finally, a Newman has done something so bad that the general public will be aghast.  Aghast, I tell you!  Pinkie fingers coldly extended world wide by Nick punching someone.

This is a family headed by a guy who fed rats to a guy he had in a cage, who replaced his business rival with a doppelganger, facilitated rape on said rival's wife, tossed a woman out of a moving ambulance and entones his orphan origin story with a regularity usually only brought on by a faithful adherence to Metamcuil.

It's almost as ridiculous as Ashley - again, aghast! - at how Diane could ruin the Abbott name and the company as a whole just by her mere presence.

Puhhhhhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.  Denizens of Wisconsin and the surrounding planet can't be fazed by any antics committed by these doofuses, it's all old news to everybody.

"Who Cut the Cheese" should be the slogan for the hoi polloi of Genoa City.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sally Protector and then He-Man ex-wife savior.

I can bear the character when JM's playing him in neutral, but for me, the character of Nick has become extraneous to any of the show's current storylines - he exists simply to have his nose in other characters business - and I don't know whether that's because of how the character is written, or how the character is acted, or both.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

If Chance and Christine have to be dumbed down to the point a carrot could do their jobs just as effectively

Or if carrots would do a better job of playing them

41 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Daniel’s wide-eyed look of disbelief at Summer’s delusional idiocy was well played.

Along with Trevor St John as Tucker McCall, Michael Graziadei as Daniel Romalotti is one of the better actors on this show.

43 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nick big mad at jail!

Just waiting for him to break out of jail and climb to the top of Newman Tower with holding Sharon held in one of his King Kong hands, while swatting away at the fighter jets sent to bring him down with the other hand - - or maybe he'll just try to scare them off by scowling at them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Nikki said Victor has taken Nate under his wing. So is Nate the new Neil? Sure, Jan. Nate has gotten deeper into Victor's oldest daughter than his uncle did so he's got that going for him. 😏

CLB looked to me today like he'd lost some weight too. His face was thinner and Michael's suit seemed looser. Hope he's okay--assuming he's not on the Ozempic diet.

Phyllis video calls Summer to discuss their illegal activity while Summer is sitting in a public place. So stupid. But maybe it doesn't matter so much since half the town already knows Phyllis is alive.

How was it Victoria knew Nick had been arrested but Summer didn't?

FFS, Phyllis is going to skate on her crimes because she'll blame everything on day player Carson the EMT. Carson has exactly zero reason to return to GC to help Phyllis though. Why would he risk a likely arrest?

Dumba$$ Nate, counting his C-suite chickens before they're hatched, and right in Society where Victor could see him. I wonder if Audra noticed Victor standing there staring at her and Nate toasting each other?

Victor's ace investigators are stretched pretty thin. Now they have to track down both Cameron the dirtbag and Phyllis' body-snatching EMT. Oh well.

If I didn't know better I'd wonder if Victoria was in cahoots with Cameron. Nick being a violent loose cannon and ending up in jail plays right into Victoria's plans for loverboy Nate at NE/NM. And apparently TGVN can do nothing but stammer at her in disbelief. 🙄

I don't understand why Faith was taking a commercial flight back to Michigan. You'd think Grandpa Victor would've put his favorite granddaughter on his private jet, escorted by a whole security detail instead of one GCPD officer.

• Like 7
  • Love 9

If Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️, keeps going an entire line of ❄️’s will not enough. So I’m going to start using Summer❄️x6.  Yes Taz🌪️, yes Summer❄️x6 Carson is going to purger himself once again to cooperate Taz🌪️’s story of self defense. Like if Carson testifies for Taz🌪️ all his charges will be wiped away.  Didn’t I hear Michael say that Carson would be useful but he has to return, to the jurisdiction, and face “possible” arrest warrants 🐂🐂💩💩💩

I have to say that Taz🌪️ is scary looking on FaceTime as she is in person.  At least we don’t get all her animations.  Taz🌪️ asks Daniel to keep his sister from going too far 😂. That ship has passed months ago and like the Titanic it should, but won’t, hit an iceberg.  

So Faith will be escorted to the airport and the gate by a plain clothes policeman and not a detail of Victor’s security guards.  Let’s see how that turns out 🤔.  Why would Faith fly commercial when she could fly with more security on the Newman jet?  Trans Global Airlines for all the airlines they could name for a short flight to Ann Arbor. 

What the fuck Cruella?  Now Cruella is disparaging Banana Breath so she can replace him with Natey Nate Nate?  Natey Nate Nate is more power hungry than Diane ever could be but Natey Nate Nate is sainted while Diane is bastardized.  Cruella how about your focus on the company. I guess you are focusing on the company because your afternoon delights are justified as business meetings.  Business is discussed via swapping bodily fluids. 

Summer❄️x6, you just told Michael that you were going to commit a crime without hiring him first as your lawyer. Now what you told him is not attorney client confidentiality. Summer❄️x6 are you too stupid to hire Michael, in the first place to defend your mother?  Once again I say this is too logical for the monkeys with a keyboard. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

tossed a woman out of a moving ambulance

The woman was Diane Jenkins, and it happened when Victor wanted to have their re-marriage annulled and Diane worked up a scam with Adam where she told Victor she was pregnant and then claimed to be having a miscarriage, so Victor was riding in the ambulance with her to the hospital when she, unbelievably, confessed to Victor that not only was she not in any pain, she wasn't even pregnant, and that's when Victor tossed her out of the moving ambulance.

19 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Now what you told him is not attorney client confidentiality.

and the fact that they were in a public place at the time would be reason enough to negate lawyer-client confidentiality, plus any third party that just happened to be standing close enough to hear the conversation could testify against her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

The woman was Diane Jenkins, and it happened when Victor wanted to have their re-marriage annulled and Diane worked up a scam with Adam where she told Victor she was pregnant and then claimed to be having a miscarriage, so Victor was riding in the ambulance with her to the hospital when she, unbelievably, confessed to Victor that not only was she not in any pain, she wasn't even pregnant, and that's when Victor tossed her out of the moving ambulance.

Uh, yeah.  

I mean, if Victor can't even toss Diane Jenkins out of a moving vehicle, then who CAN you toss out?  What's this world coming to??

Sorry, Victor, toss away!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

But this is a discussion that really is pointless in a way. These current writers retconned Diane's story. She was dead for 12 years until the retcon. Since the writers decided to bring the character back, there was only one way to do that - she faked her death.

The difference of course is that Phyllis chose to fake her death to set someone up for her murder which I don't think Diane did.

And frankly Phyllis has done many, many other terrible things from the moment she arrived in town. She's a wonderful friend? Hilarious. She's not even a good mother!

Has Diane done some shady stuff? Sure but pretty much any character who has hung around long enough in GC has done some not so great stuff. Victor is the worst as far as I'm concerned but Phyllis isn't too far behind.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, boes said:

if Victor can't even toss Diane Jenkins out of a moving vehicle, then who CAN you toss out? 

I wonder if there were subscribers to fan sites back then who were thrilled to see Diane tossed out on her ear, as it were.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Phyllis chose to fake her death to set someone up for her murder which I don't think Diane did.

Actually, Diane had schemed with Adam to fake her death, but Adam dropped her after he found out that she had made a deal with the DA over a Newman stock fraud that she, Adam and Jack had run, so he dropped her, which left Diane frantic to find some source of money to finance her disappearance from Genoa City.  

31 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

And frankly Phyllis has done many, many other terrible things from the moment she arrived in town.

So did Diane, in fact, from what I can glean from Googling Diane Jenkins Y&R, it seems like more people in Genoa City wanted Diane to leave town than wanted Phyllis to.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can glean from Googling Diane Jenkins Y&R, it seems like more people in Genoa City wanted Diane to leave town than wanted Phyllis to.

What? There are people from GC posting online about Diane?!?

The writers are choosing to have characters who have good reason to despise Phyllis suddenly forget those things. The writers had Sharon, Christine and others act as though Phyllis's 'death' was some horrible thing which makes zero sense. Most of the characters in GC are not Phyllis fans for good reason but the writers like to pretend that isn't true.

Again, not saying the character Diane hasn't done shady things but come on let's be real here. The writers pick and chose which characters are demonized by the good citizens of GC and which characters will be viewed as 'good' by the citizens of GC.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

What? There are people from GC posting online about Diane?!?

When you google a Y&R character's name, you'll find lots of sites with bios for that character.

• Useful 2