Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

How about just saying Stark manipulated you into marrying him and faking your death and then tried to actually you and you defended yourself?

That’s the thing, if they wanted to keep Phyllis as a redeemable character they could have shown Stark pressuring or manipulating her. Instead they showed this as 100% Phyllis’s idea and will, even to right now recoiling at Summer saying Diane was innocent. This is Sheila Carter level shit, you can’t then write her as anything other than the town whipping girl with no defenders. And yet everyone in town is about to cape for Phyllis because the violent criminal she hooked up with tried to kill her while they were committing a series of felonies together.

It’s hard to believe this is the same show that successfully rehabilitated Michael Baldwin over years of self reflection and personal growth. Phyllis has never over the decades she’s been on the show learned a damn thing. She hasn’t grown up at all. This is the exact same thing she would have pulled her first year in Genoa City, but somehow it’s supposed to be fine and Phyllis allowed to be an upstanding member of society accepted in the most powerful circles. She should be a pariah. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 16
1 hour ago, Rye said:

That’s the thing, if they wanted to keep Phyllis as a redeemable character they could have shown Stark pressuring or manipulating her. Instead they showed this as 100% Phyllis’s idea and will, even to right now recoiling at Summer saying Diane was innocent. This is Sheila Carter level shit, you can’t then write her as anything other than the town whipping girl with no defenders. And yet everyone in town is about to cape for Phyllis because the violent criminal she hooked up with tried to kill her while they were committing a series of felonies together.

It’s hard to believe this is the same show that successfully rehabilitated Michael Baldwin over years of self reflection and personal growth. Phyllis has never over the decades she’s been on the show learned a damn thing. She hasn’t grown up at all. This is the exact same thing she would have pulled her first year in Genoa City, but somehow it’s supposed to be fine and Phyllis allowed to be an upstanding member of society accepted in the most powerful circles. She should be a pariah. 

100%. I'm personally offended by this storyline. And the creepy Victoria storyline. Let's face it-the entire show is becoming offensive and insulting to the audience. These characters are irredeemable. Shame on show.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 7

OK--I thought I felt an insult to my intelligence when the initial Blueitooth is dead deal crap went down but this is the mother of ALL INSULTS--bringing back that psycho Bluetooth, having Summer met her in the park, confess everything putting it on Special Snowflake's back,and not NOT TELLING DANIEL because he is weak

. I really want to  know what brain trust came up with this story line because it is so bad so, unbelievable {and  not very well acted} because that writer should be permanently banned from television writing forever.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

And if we really believed that there was enough penicillin in Genoa City to kill Sphyllis and she was dead, then the Jack and Diane scenes would be meaningful. But with that crispy critter alive, all of the Jack and Diane scenes are a joke.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

This show has reached absolute rock bottom with the Phyllis/Diane/Stark storyline. I've had it with Phyllis' whining about how she's not to blame for anything she does, that it was somebody else or some uncontrollable emotion that mde her do it, and now she's dragging her daughter down with her by manipulating her into covering for her - a real mother of the year, isn't she.  If this show is to survive, it's got to change focus.

• Like 6
  • Applause 14
  • Love 2

I can’t get over the fact that every time Natey Nate Nate talks to most people, he sounds like a pompous ass. He talks at most people not to most people.  Cruella has the habit of talking down and being dismissive of people that don’t agree with her. Banana Breath, you dumb shit, if Victor allowed you to live your own lives, would Cruella be CEO and would you be COO.  Victor deserves a lot more respect that you and your sister show him. 

Is there a zone in Chancellor Park that nobody can be seen or heard?  It’s the same old same old where private meeting are held in public places. Crispy can only trust Summer❄️❄️❄️?  Daniel can’t be trusted because he will do the right thing?  Is because the dim witted Summer❄️❄️❄️ is much easier to manipulate into doing the wrong thing.  The wrong thing being covering up Stark’s murder and covering up for Crispy faking her own death.  With that said, Crispy has made Summer❄️❄️❄️ an accessory to two crimes.  “How guilt are you” Summer❄️❄️❄️asks.  I say, now with Crispy faking her own death, Crispy has perpetrated more crimes than Diane. What has Diane done that Crispy has not done but yet Diane is more evil than Crispy?  True to form Crispy can justify all her discretion by holding herself harmless.  No Crispy, it was you who drove the wedge between you and Jack because of your obsession with Diane. You drove the wedge between Summer❄️❄️❄️ and Kyle because of your obsession with Diane.  Maybe you didn’t drive the wedge between Jack and Ashley because Ashley already hated Diane. Crispy, faking your own death has just as much as an effect on adult children as it does a younger child. Give it up Crispy.  The effect of faking your death had more of effect on your children than it had on Kyle at the time of Diane’s “death”.  Kyle was too young at that time to fully grasp the concept of death. Summer❄️❄️❄️, the time for fixing everything is past since your mother tried to cover up the self defense killing of Stark. Crispy’s obsession, with Diane, I bet caused her to try to cover up his death. Crispy still wants Diane to be convicted of killing her. Crispy could have easily blamed everything on Stark and called the police and justify self defense. Crispy could have told the police that Stark threatened Summer❄️❄️❄️ and her family if she didn’t go along with the plan. Too logical I would imagine. How stupid can Crispy be?  She doesn’t need time, she already had a plan that would work but of course her plan doesn’t include exonerated Diane.  Does Summer❄️❄️❄️ realize that Crispy will continue to drive a wedge between her and Kyle if Summer❄️❄️❄️ keeps her secret. Now that Summer❄️❄️❄️ knows that her mom is alive is she going to be all cheerful or is the pressure of keeping the secret going to keep her sullen and more bitchy?   

I, for one, do not believe that Crispy is doing anything but giving Summer❄️❄️❄️ a guilt trip. Crispy has been doing this most of Summer’s ❄️❄️❄️ life. Crispy is a master of turning on the tears when it soots her. Did Crispy shed one tear out of emotion at the memorial?  I think not.  

Michael are you that thick to believe that Stark would exonerate Diane at trial?  He and Summer would make sure that Diane would be burned at the stake. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4

Summer: What the fuck? I must warn the townspeople that the dead have risen! Feets don’t fail me now!

Phyllis: I’m real!

Summer: Well, this hug was as icy and bony as I remember. I accept your improbable appearance and will now call your firstborn to relate the good news.

Phyllis: No way. That little fucker will do the right thing.

Summer: But he’s going through hell! Wait, what are you implying about me?

Phyllis: I can’t trust Daniel to keep my secret. I’m not saying he’s untrustworthy. 

Summer: You kinda are?

Phyllis: I feel more comfortable relying on someone emotionally unstable, naive and possessing a rudimentary conscience. Oh, and I don’t give two fucks if this blows up your marriage. We good?

@@@@@@@

Nate: I’m headed out west to check out some streaming platforms. It’s more professional to negotiate in person. Why Zoom like a normal businessman when you can pollute the shit out of planet Earth?

Audra: Oh dear. I feel like I’m fishing in an aquarium tank. It just sucks when trolling is this easy.

Nate: I want you to run point for me while I’m gone. Damn, just listen to me sling that saucy jargon like hash in a diner.

Audra: Goodness, what a learning opportunity. I should come.

Nate: I appreciate your enthusiasm but clam jamming Victoria is not good for your career.

Audra: Victoria is going. Hmmm, I’ll pretend I didn’t know that. Why not take Elena along?

Nate: It’s unprofessional to bring your girlfriend along to watch.

Audra: Yeah, I need a cigarette after getting all that sweet intel. Toodles!

@@@@@@@@

Nick: Grrrr. Dad big meanie. Dad try to make me play with Adam. Nick no like Adam! Grrrrr.

Victoria: I know you prefer to play with yourself.

Nick: Dad told me to quit being COO and go run McCall Unlimited with Adam. Like what the fuck, old man? He was buying that just for Adam.

Victoria: A new toy to break.

Nick: I’m still pissed about my Castle Grayskull play set. I know Christian is covering for Adam. No way would my kid pose Skeletor and He-Man like that.

Victoria: Did you tell Dad to eat shit and gargle glass?

Nick: When I realized this was about distracting Adam and me from Sally, I cut a meeean fart and left him to smell it. I’d just eaten a meatball sub, so you know he caught my drift.

Victoria: Been there, got the oxygen treatment.

Nick: Like I can be distracted from sex. You’re not the only one who can make every day hump day at the office.

Victoria: Dad sees everything as a way to manipulate us. Instead of banding together and telling him to get bent, I prefer to be a petty asshole toward the one sibling willing to tell Dad where to stick it.

Nick: That’s why I’d never abandon you. That, and the fact you never check my work.

@@@@@@@

Jack: Do you have any news on Diane?

Michael: No. But I do have a few scraps of interest about dead ass Jeremy Stark.

Jack: Did he accidentally drowned in velour? 

Michael: Nah. Someone cut his ass to ribbons.

Jack: It’s not like Diane is a mob boss who can order hits from her jail cell.

Michael: Can’t she? She’s running a prison winery out of her toilet.

Jack: Jeremy was a money launderer and fabric smuggler. He probably made some dangerous enemies in the fashion industry. He killed Phyllis for the inheritance and then some black market velour buyer cut him out of the plush pipeline. Literally. Now, he can’t testify against Diane. Haha.

Michael: He can’t exonerate her either. Doofus.

@@@@@@@

Summer: So… Diane is innocent?

Phyllis: INNOCENT?!! The voice of a demon emerges from behind the blue enamel curtain. Diane is the devil’s handmaiden! I’m going to describe myself but project those repulsive qualities onto Diane. Hail Satan!

Summer: I know, I know. Some of your brainwashing did take. I’m now convinced Diane interfered with my marriage for months.

Phyllis: Good, good. Let the hate flow through you. Diane totally fucked up Kyle’s life. He’s a hat molesting bouffant because she let him think she was dead. 

Summer: But, Mom, your priorities are still way messed up. You abandoned your kids just to get revenge on someone.

Phyllis: My kids are grown. And sure, I’m still going to let my son believe I’m a crispy critter, but that’s his fault for being such a Dudley Do-Right.

Summer: I don’t understand how any of this happened. The poisoning was fake? The ambulance crash? Santa Claus?

Phyllis: All you need to know is that everything was Stark’s idea, but he cleverly made it look like my idea. He manipulated my emotions, preyed on my insecurities and pulled my puppet strings. I had no agency. I was swept into a tangled web of velour before I knew what was happening.

Summer: But now you can make things right.

Phyllis: Hell no.

@@@@@@@@@

Nate: I gotta get home and pack.

Elena: Well, I’m glad you’ve realized this isn’t going to work and we can part amicably.

Nate: I’m actually going on a business trip to the west coast to check out some new streaming platforms. We’ll be having back to back meetings all day.

Elena: We? You got a turd in your pocket?

Nate: I said I wouldn’t let Nick borrow my jacket again. I meant I’ll be in meetings all day. Just me. Flying solo. When I get back, we’ll go on a little vacation of our own.

Elena: Sounds nice, unless someone blows up your spot while you’re gone.

@@@@@@@

Victoria: So… I’ll be out of town for a few days. There are some potential investments I need to analyze. I’ll need you to sit at my desk and make sure no one touches my stuff.

Nick: I love sitting. Is Mom going with you? Is that why she’s not guarding your paperweight collection?

Victoria: No, she’s not going with me. I just know you’ll deliver the necessary atomic wedgie if anyone tries to pocket the wind up desk dildos.

Nick: I’m working on developing a new kind of wedgie, actually. People rolling commando shouldn’t be able to cheat getting their nards yarded over their tonsils.

Victoria: Nate will be accompanying me. He is the head of Newman Media, after all.

Nick: I’ll sign Nate up as a guinea pig for my wedge development experiments. That guy is packing without a holster or my name isn’t… isn’t…

Victoria: Nick.

Nick: What?

@@@@@@@@

Diane: Oh geez, you again.

Jack: I’ve got news you can use.

Diane: That you’re getting help for being a stage five clinger?

Jack: News that could maybe spring you from this joint, Miss Smarty Pants.

Diane: If you say so.

Jack: I’m going to pivot to a marriage proposal. I think the best way to tackle any problem is to get hitched. Oh, Stark is dead. Someone poked him full of holes so he’d sink to the bottom of a lake. He ended up beached like a velour whale. A velourca.

@@@@@@

Phyllis: I did some dumb shit, okay? I’m being honest. Honest. Everyone had turned their back on me, which really makes it y’alls fault. So Stark was using all that to convince me to set up Diane for a life sentence. Again, her fault. I thought I’d lost everyone. Everyone.

Summer: What you did was really fucked up. Like really fucked up.

Phyllis: I know. I’ve been watching you guys. I saw how much you suffered and sipped upon that sorrow like it was Dom Perignon. God, what a rush. This must be what cocaine feels like.

Summer: It’s not too late to find a sliver of human decency, Mom. You’re coming home with me.

Phyllis: Ehhhh. There are some minor complications you need to know about.

@@@@@@

Nick: Everyone thinks you guys are fucking, Vic.

Victoria: Do not.

Nick: You’re being called the Side Part’s Side Piece.

Victoria: I know what I’m doing. Just not where I’ll be doing it or in what position.

Nick: Sleeping with a subordinate can only end badly.

Victoria: Sally much?

Nick: That’s different. You’re developing s much stronger sexual harassment case for Nate. You’ll probably need to settle out of court.

Victoria: I don’t repeatedly point out how your fuck follies can only end with Adam on top. Of your lady. Kindly show me the same respect.

Nick: Nate has a girlfriend and a whole life outside this place.

Victoria: Please. He has no life outside of work. His family doesn’t get him. Friends aren’t something the business elite can be bothered with. Why don’t you go check the Shut Up file?

Nick: I care about you. More importantly, I care about lecturing wimmins about what they should do with their conch.

@@@@@@

Summer: What did you do now, Mom?

Phyllis: Stark really wasn’t happy that I decided to go back on his plan. He mentioned something about relocating me to a shallow grave a couple of times. Uh, he also got pretty rapey.

Summer: Oh no.

Phyllis: I decided to, you know, hit the bricks. Jeremy blocked my path, pushed me and picked up a pirate’s cutlass. He was backing me into the bathroom, determined to slash my throat. That was when I sealed my fate.

Summer: How? Like where is this even going? I’m so lost.

Phyllis: He fucked around. He was pretty strong, but crazy will whip strong’s ass every single time. Then he found out.

Summer: What did he find out?

Phyllis: That I have talons. I grabbed the medieval battle axe from him, popped his top and shit down his throat. As one does.

Summer: I don’t even know what to say.

Phyllis: I mean, everything went black when he came at me with the guillotine. But when I came to and i looked down, I was ankle deep in blood. I wrapped Stark in a shower curtain after bleaching the room. I put his head on a pike to make it look like one of his minions killed him. Somehow he magically ended up in a lake.

Summer: Um, that sounds like textbook self defense to me. We can go to Chance and clear this up pretty easy. Everyone who mourned you will just be so happy you’re alive. They’ll understand it was all Stark. Daniel, Lauren, Jack - 

Phyllis: Caw caw! There’s only one finger Jack will lift and it won’t be to help me. No one can know I’m alive. It’s your burden to carry. You can save your mother in law and your marriage or you can do the right thing and help me compile felonies. No matter what you decide, Supergirl, it better be what I want. I’ll love you no matter what. No matter what. Lol.

Summer: But Daniel - 

Phyllis: If ifs and buts were wishes and nuts, no one would go hungry. Keep your mouth shut. Hold it together like the calm, experienced psychopath I am. I just need time to come up with a plan that will keep my hands clean while persecuting Diane. Don’t forget to buy me something for Mother’s Day!

@@@@@@

Audra: Elena, are you busy?

Elena: I’ll be helping Nate pack.

Audra: Tee hee, is that a fact?

Elena: He’s got some business trip coming up. You know, things are going so well between us. 

Audra: Ohmygodohmygodohmygod she has no idea! Keep cool, Audra. Don’t blow this! Mmmhmm.

Elena: Let’s meet for coffee tomorrow. Unless you prefer tea.

Audra: Hopefully I won’t spill it. 

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 1
  • Fire 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Oy, not a fan of Audra's hairstyle today. Looked like she slept on it while it was still wet and she didn't have time to hot roller it this morning.

Phyllis and Summer meeting in a public place in broad daylight. But I guess that's better than them having drinks and appies at Neil's jazz lounge.🙄

Why would Jeremy have exonerated Diane? The whole point of his scheme with Phyllis was to get revenge on Diane. Eh, Michael was talking nonsense.

Nate: Elena, I'm going on a business trip to L.A. with my boss, Victoria. There's rumors we're going to be boinking like west coast bunnies on crack.
Elena: is that so?
Nate: yeah, but it'll only be for a few days. When I get back how about you and I go somewhere for a whole week? And I'll clean my junk beforehand so you won't even be able to tell it was recently inside another woman.
Elena: do you ever listen yourself, Nate, or has the side part affected your cognitive abilities?
Audra: messiness! Can I join in? It's my specialty!

Those stank faces Summer was making as Phyllis was talking. OMG, did she eat bad clams for breakfast?

Phyllis has now made Summer an accessory to murder. Good job, Red. Maybe when the truth all comes out you and she can have adjoining prison cells.

A jailhouse wedding to Diane? No, Jackie. That won't seem desperate and suspicious at all.

velourca

😏😏😏😏 (I've seen one of those. It's cute.)

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Ya know, I am not a long time viewer, maybe 2 years this summer and I'm offended and turned off.  I can't imaging how the long time fans must feel about this insult to your intelligence with this story line.

Just for one sliver of a moment Nick was going to warn Vikki about a possible harassment suit, but then I remembered...it's Nick!  pot/kettle..

Loved Megan Markle's smug little smile when she made arrangements to have "tea" with Elena.  She's beginning to be like Eve Harrington {All About Eve the movie}.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

As low as I know Phyllis has gone in the past, what she did today to Summer was the absolute lowest. You have to chose between your mother and the despicable Diane who should stay in prison forever. But I’ll love you no matter what you decide. So honey, just decide if you want me to go to prison or just leave that old meanie, Diane, there even tho she didn’t kill me. I hope someone, anyone shoots Phyllis right between the eyes multiple times.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if the truth never comes out. Phyllis doesn’t ever seem to pay for her criminality for long. Same thing if Kevin is asked to find the truth re the ambulance crash. She would coerce him into lying in a second. Maybe the writer (singular) is planning on ending this on a high note….🤡

For those who have been watching for decades…is this the worst the show has been? And is it shedding viewers?

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

I can't believe what Diane has pulled off, and this time, she's not only pulled the wool over everyone else's eyes, she's even pulled the wool over her own!  

Nefariously, Diane managed to make Phyllis come up with this crazy plan, made her partner up with the Velveteen Felon, borrow a few extra bodies to incinerate in a staged accident, had Phyllis rave like a drugged out rooster and she did it all NOT EVEN KNOWING SHE DID IT!  Yeppers, Diane is the biggest evul who ever evuled and poor Phyllis is now paying for it all.  I hope that when Diane finally finds out about everything she did, she promptly sentences herself to life in velour.  The punishment must fit the crime.  And fit like a glove.

That total blather bath she gave Dummer was almost as off-putting as Phyllis' wet and shiny teeth.  I haven't seen teeth that coated with spittle since Alien.

giphy.gif

But, say what you will, the love between-predator-and-prey-I-mean-mother-and-daughter was very touching.

Anyone else catch the scent of a brain tumor wafting in the GC air as the only way to get Phyllis out of this?

As far as I can tell, not even a butt tumor is going to get Nate Natey Nate Nate full-blown fart balloon out of the crap he's trying to get away with.  Does he start each day with Jabot's new fragrance for Men, "Pomposity"?  I think it pairs nicely with Victoria's "Scraggletooth by Jabot".  

L.A. is gonna reek.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

For those who have been watching for decades…is this the worst the show has been? And is it shedding viewers?

I don't know if Show is shedding viewers but these go-nowhere storylines combined with a barebones budget certainly showcases how sad things currently are.

The MAB (Maria Arena Bell) years were like an orchard filled with baskets of turd storylines and charaterizations, but Show still had the budget for some amount of spectacle and had the money for more cast.  Plus, storylines, as bad as they could be, at least went somewhere.  One thing though, the current show doesn't have Cane Ashby in it, so that's one up for this current incarnation.

It still has Michelle Stafford front and center and that's a HUGE stinker for show as currently conceived, and it has Josh Griffith doing all the writing and he's even worse than MAB was IMO.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I've had it with Phyllis' whining about how she's not to blame for anything she does, that it was somebody else or some uncontrollable emotion that made her do it

yeah, honestly, how many women in their 50s act that way? Unbelieveable.

And Summer is the lowest of low if she allows Diane to spend one more hour in jail and go on trial for murder. 

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Daniel can’t be trusted because he will do the right thing?  

That right there tells you everything you need to know about Phyllis and Summer. Jesus, she waited until Daniel left to show herself. Yeah, family is everything to her but she will let him continue to suffer. What a bitch.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nate: I’m headed out west to check out some streaming platforms. It’s more professional to negotiate in person. Why Zoom like a normal businessman when you can pollute the shit out of planet Earth?

😆😆😆My husband and so I were talking about Bill Gates carbon credits yesterday so this really hit home.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nate: I’m actually going on a business trip to the west coast to check out some new streaming platforms. We’ll be having back to back meetings all day.

...and then they'll have front to front meetings all night

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the truth never comes out. Phyllis doesn’t ever seem to pay for her criminality for long. Same thing if Kevin is asked to find the truth re the ambulance crash. She would coerce him into lying in a second. Maybe the writer (singular) is planning on ending this on a high note….🤡

Absolutely the worst. It makes me angry and sad in equal measure. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I’ve watched the show most of my life thanks to my grandmother. This is definitely one of the rougher periods of the show, up there with the godawful, show devouring Philly. The illustrious writer of the current garbage doesn’t seem to get that Phyllis is the villain of the piece. If you can make me pity Summer, you are 100% a sack of premium grade shit.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Rye said:

This is Sheila Carter level shit, you can’t then write her as anything other than the town whipping girl with no defenders.

At least B&B sort of got that part right with Sheila, everyone hates her guts save two people, and one of the two was just pretending to give a shit to trick her into confessing so they'd lock her up for good(I apologize if I'm making it sound much less stupid than it was).

This fuckery with Phyllis is even worse because show had multiple chances over the years, even before MS left and GT was cast, to make Phyllis a reformed grey character with a villain past if they really wanted to. And they squandered every last one. Not that I was particular to that outcome, but it did seem like something the writers were trying to go for a few times. If only to pave the way for the next hellraiser(possibly Summer or a different character).

I assume with all the head writing changes, budget cuts & MS probably getting her way more than she should, we're stuck with her being insufferable, irredeemable but portrayed to us as anything but. Phyllis is truly a waste of a character, especially a villain character. Precisely because Josh Griffith wants us to think that's she not. 

I have nothing to say about Nate/Victoria/Audra today other than I hope Elena gets to drag the shit out of all three of them. And soon.

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

For those who have been watching for decades…is this the worst the show has been?

This might sound impossible, but there have been times in the past when MS was eating the show even more than now. It seemed like she would be in every scene regardless of what the storyline was.

Between her horrific acting and the imbecilic notion that the Dumpster Humper would kk be standing around in broad daylight (after apparently stopping to do her makeup), this crap is jumping all of the sharks.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This is by far the worst the show has ever been! I have tried repeatedly to stick with it since last fall and I am more disappointed than ever. Almost every couple is boring, mismatched, or offensive. None of the stories have momentum and eventually go out with a wimper in the most perplexing ways. Phyllis is probably the worst character in daytime and Nate and Victoria are unwatchable. It would take a writing miracle to redeem this mess.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I expect Josh Griffith to just plow through this Phyllis mess like a blinkered bull in an antiques shop. He can take inspiration from the trash fire that was Victor replacing Jack with a lookalike Peruvian drug lord, a truly despicable act that didn’t slow Victor’s roll one bit.

Jack was kidnapped, held on a ship (not Jaboat), and survived a boat explosion only to be abused and assaulted by Stitch’s batshit crazy sister. Phyllis, meanwhile, was raped for months by Marco Anicelli, Jack’s doppelgänger. Victor even tricked Kyle (the garden gnome version) into transferring the payment for Jack’s execution under the guise of buying a sports car or something. Victor should never be allowed to set foot in the Abbot home again, yet there he was recently, being embraced by his idiot granddaughter, who should also be giving him a wide berth for the ordeal he put her mother through.

And all of that psychopathic plotting was on top of the infamous rat buffet, turning Patty loose on Genoa City, telling Nikki he wished she was dead on a slab,  throwing Diane out of an ambulance and so much more. Victor has never been made to own any of it. The show just ignores what a horrible person and father he is, and I’m sure Phyllis will get the same edit. She just loves her fambly so much that she’s compelled to fuck up everyone’s life. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 8

So the Red menace has been back in the wild for what…48 hours…and she’s killed a man, threw him In a lake, emotionally crippled her daughter for life, manipulated her into being an accomplice to numerous crimes, ruined her daughter’s marriage, ruined her daughter’s relationship with her brother, and let it be known that the only reason she’s even talking to her is because she’s dumb enough to be manipulated. So why are we supposed to care what happens to this woman? She’s not a fun villain, she’s not a villain you love to hate and secretly root for, she’s a horrible person. If we had seen Phyllis work to change her ways and struggle to stay on the straight and narrow and was taken advantage by Stark then maybe I would have sympathy but she was a willing accomplice to this all. She’s fucking batshit and was willing to fake her death to send Diane to prison and for what? Like what was the end game here. I can take or leave Diane but no matter what she’s done nothing will ever top the absolute fucking insanity that is Phylis and her general existence. Hell Sheila Carter would even be like damn girl, chill. The absolute recoil on her face when her dumb daughter said Diane is innocent said it all. Like I said I can take or leave Diane but if Summer does go along with this I want Diane to marry Jack, become lady of the house and personally set Summer on the curb on trash collection day. Hell put Ashley there with her for good measure. 

Meanwhile, the absolute whiplash I suffered when Michael said Stark couldn’t exonerate Diane now. Like when was that an option? Who there thought he would do that after he lead the charge saying Diane was guilty? And Jack now wants a jailhouse wedding. I’m assuming so he won’t have to testify? Jack the whole town knows Diane tried to choke a bitch out that night. 

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Like 3
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1

sniff sniff  I LOVE you guys! 
I have despised this character since she slithered into GC. She’s never remorseful for any decent length of time and is a narcissistic manipulator.  
Her garbage treatment of her children and grandchildren just can’t be forgiven. I don’t care how old they are. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Jack: I’m going to pivot to a marriage proposal. I think the best way to tackle any problem is to get hitched. Oh, Stark is dead. Someone poked him full of holes so he’d sink to the bottom of a lake. He ended up beached like a velour whale. A velourca.

I'm going to be laughing about this, and Victoria being known as Side Part's Side Piece, for days!

You guys are awesome for watching this dreck. I may be giving up GH again, too, so I'll be completely soap-free for the first time in awhile. I really should use the yearly Peacock subscription we bought to watch Days of Our Lives. It can't be this bad, can it?

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Anyone else catch the scent of a brain tumor wafting in the GC air as the only way to get Phyllis out of this?

Problem is, Phyllis would still blame a brain tumor on Diane. She'd say the stress from Diane returning and taking over Phyllis' life caused it. KMN.

Why Zoom like a normal businessman when you can pollute the shit out of planet Earth?

That's nothing. Remember Victoria's wedding in Italy? Adam took his own private jet, the Newmans took their own jet, Jack and other Abbotts took the Jabot jet, Victoria and Ashland flew over on Ashland's jet (which then went back to GC to pick up the best man Nate and his date Elena). I think Lily flew commercial because she was arriving late. Anyhoo, it was ridiculous but the audience was supposed to be impressed that all these fancy people had their own jets, instead of revulsed at the bad carbon footprint of all those unnecessary separate flights.

Marco Anicelli, Jack’s doppelgänger

And the worse thing was that it wasn't the first time Victor had sicced a doppelgänger on Jack. During part of the Patty/Mary Jane mess I had to stop watching for a while because essentially Jack was being sexually assaulted but the show was playing like he was dumb for not knowing it was actually Patty.

The show just ignores what a horrible person and father he is,

Yep, EB/Victor are held up as the face of the show. Now it looks like they're preparing to move MS/Phyllis into that slot, perhaps due to EB's health troubles. Ugh. I get the concept of a dark hero/heroine but, e.g., Walter White and Tony Soprano eventually got the ultimate punishment for their misdeeds. Only Don Draper came out on the upswing but at least he had realized the error of his ways and was making amends. Every time Victor and Phyllis get away with their crap it seems to empower them to continue doing bad things.

Loved Megan Markle's smug little smile when she made arrangements to have "tea" with Elena.  

Am curious why Audra = Meghan Markle. Please to be explaining?

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I really should use the yearly Peacock subscription we bought to watch Days of Our Lives. It can't be this bad, can it?

It's awful in it's own way, though.  I'm already a carrier of the dreaded DOOL virus but I can't in good conscience advise you to take that chance.  Yes, it doesn't have Michelle Stafford but it does have it's own accapella group of horrors, along with the recently introduced Jackee Harry who delivers every line in a tone that would drown out the San Francisco foghorn.

Proceed with caution.

19 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And the worse thing was that it wasn't the first time Victor had sicced a doppelgänger on Jack. During part of the Patty/Mary Jane mess I had to stop watching for a while because essentially Jack was being sexually assaulted but the show was playing like he was dumb for not knowing it was actually Patty.

That was so infuriating and revolting.  Another storyline that trashed Jack and misused everyone involved.  IMO, Jack's relationship with Staci Haiduk's Emily Peterson was the last decent one he's had until Diane came back.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I expect Josh Griffith to just plow through this Phyllis mess like a blinkered bull in an antiques shop. He can take inspiration from the trash fire that was Victor replacing Jack with a lookalike Peruvian drug lord, a truly despicable act that didn’t slow Victor’s roll one bit.

Jack was kidnapped, held on a ship (not Jaboat), and survived a boat explosion only to be abused and assaulted by Stitch’s batshit crazy sister. Phyllis, meanwhile, was raped for months by Marco Anicelli, Jack’s doppelgänger. Victor even tricked Kyle (the garden gnome version) into transferring the payment for Jack’s execution under the guise of buying a sports car or something. Victor should never be allowed to set foot in the Abbot home again, yet there he was recently, being embraced by his idiot granddaughter, who should also be giving him a wide berth for the ordeal he put her mother through.

And all of that psychopathic plotting was on top of the infamous rat buffet, turning Patty loose on Genoa City, telling Nikki he wished she was dead on a slab,  throwing Diane out of an ambulance and so much more. Victor has never been made to own any of it. The show just ignores what a horrible person and father he is, and I’m sure Phyllis will get the same edit. She just loves her fambly so much that she’s compelled to fuck up everyone’s life. 

Crispy must have the same contract as Victor where they can’t be accountable for anything. Yes Victor is a miserable bastard but for some reason I can tolerate his 🐂💩. What I can’t tolerate is Crispy. Her animated  acting style just adds to my disdain. 

Nostrils, Chelsea, Banana Banana Breath, Cruella, and Ashley usually get a pass on their behavior.  On the other hand, Adam, Sally, and Diane can’t do anything right.  If they walked on water, people would say they can’t swim. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The voice of a demon emerges from behind the blue enamel curtain.

=dead= ( pure poetry, almost a damn haiku)

18 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

A velourca

again....=dead=

16 hours ago, boes said:

A distinct possibility since it worked for JT.  I was leaning more towards Summer having a mental breakdown (or being seen to be having one) when she starts babbling about seeing her mother.  Kyle will ship her off to Shady Rest and Sharon will explain to everyone how grief works, i.e., seeing the dead.  Everyone will be so focused on Summer that they won't see Phylth skipping through GC.  

I think it will be too much to expect Summer to come to her senses and realize that her mother is batshit crazy and the best thing she could do for her is turn her in and get her some medical/psychiatric help.  I guess we can hope Kyle follows her on one of her clandestine meetings with Ghost Mom and blows the whistle.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

Regarding our venom toward Phyllis.  I remember I liked Gina T in the role -was it due to a new actress? I have gotten to the point where I cannot watch or hear MS. Yes, the writing is terrible; but I am not sure she could handle being a character where she needed to be subtle or not constantly upstaging her co-stars. 

As to Victor and the terrible things he has gotten away with, and repeating similar behavior with Phyllis ….. we are still mired in the same type of plots that were popular decades ago.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2

My 3 top phrases for the week:

Bluetooth

Velourca 

Side parts side piece

Thanks to all for another stellar week here. You all do indeed make a silk purse from a sow's ear.  

👛 🐷👂

• Like 8
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Heh, sure Tucker's gonna behave, Ashley. Behave all over your face. 😏

Either Lauren overdid it with the Botox again or she was hella mad at Michael. Her jaws were so tight she could barely open her mouth. Yikes.

Summer was still hanging around the park after seeing her psycho mommy? It was almost dark. Kyle must've been wondering where she was.

Now Jack is spilling his guts to Billy. Ye gods. He and Kyle both need to find some guy pals because I don't think Biily is the one to be serving them wisdom and life advice.

Oh boy, people will start thinking Summer has lost her marbles when she insists to them that Phyllis is alive. Maybe she and Phyllis will end up having matching mother-daughter straight jackets as they're taken to the loony bin.

Hope Neil's jazz lounge has crow nuggets with honey mustard sauce on the menu. Lauren will eating a hot plateful courtesy of Michael when they find out what their nutbag BFF has done.

Daniel is a good brother. He knows Summer is grieving but he's trying not to treat her like she's gone full-tilt bonkers. Good job burdening your kids, Phyllis.

OMG, the Phyllis worship endless! Who asked for all those flashbacks of her and Jack? But wow, she looked so much better IMO with the short hair.

Phyllis was right not to reveal herself to Daniel. He immediately grasped how things would play out once certain concerned parties know she's alive. Too bad Summer mostly got Nick's dimwitted genes and the reality of it all still hadn't sunk in.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, boes said:

During part of the Patty/Mary Jane mess I had to stop watching for a while because essentially Jack was being sexually assaulted but the show was playing like he was dumb for not knowing it was actually Patty.

There have been times over my my many decades of watching soap operas that I have had to stop watching one or another of them because I would get too annoyed that the characters weren't acting logically.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tippi said:

CBS soaps need an intervention, stat.

I've always thought that B&B was nothing more than a cartoon, and Y&R should have begun the shift from the rich and famous of Genoa City to people with mortgages about ten years ago.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
On 4/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, Waldo13 said:

It’s the same old same old where private meeting are held in public places.

What the limited number of sets Y&R uses, along with the recent firing of a number of the writers, says to me is that this is a show that may be headed for bankruptcy.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

we are still mired in the same type of plots that were popular decades ago.

Not that soap operas have ever mirrored reality, but I think It's more than time to bid a fond farewell to the rich and famous of Genoa City and phase in characters and situations that its audience can relate to.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't think these storylines can possibly be bringing in new viewers.  I think that the people charged with running the show are using a metric other than good story telling to drive the plot.  A decision must have been made to showcase whoever they think has the biggest fanbase, and that seems to be EB and MS, followed by JM and JT.  (Jack is only used to look like a fool.) By doing this they must be hoping that they will keep the viewers that they have now.

I also think the show is probably nearing its end.  It's not only horrible, it's boring and stupid.  B&B is barely better, but they are able to sometimes come up with a storyline that makes you wonder how it is going to turn out.  Y&R can't come up with anything.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

What a vindictive bitch. Ashley wanted Tucker to move into the Abbott just to spite Jack. If it wasn’t that then Ashley would move into her own place.  I don’t mind Tucker at all being with Ashley but unless the bedrooms were sound proof, I would have a little problem with intimacy. There are plenty of bedrooms but does each bedroom have its own bathroom.  Oh I forgot, nobody shits or pisses in GC and hardly ever take a shower after sex.  

Daniel is convinced that Summer❄️❄️❄️ sees dead people or maybe a ghost. Crispy haunted Summer❄️❄️❄️ and Daniel when she was alive. Why not haunt them when she’s “dead”.  Summer❄️❄️❄️ was told by Crispy that she was part of the plan but she chose to tell Daniel that Crispy had no choice.  

If all of GC thinks that Diane is guilty, then how can she get a fair trial in GC?  

Are the monkeys with a keyboard trying to redeem Nostrils from being a complete fuck up to a voice of reason, a purveyor of “good” advice?  In my eyes he’s still a fuck up.  

In Lauren’s eyes, Michael is in league with the devil for defending Diane who murdered Saint Crispy.  Lauren Lauren Lauren you forgot or chose not to remember Crispy’s hatred for Diane runs a lot deeper than Diane’s hatred for Crispy. Lauren knows that from the day Diane came back to GC, Crispy was plotting against Diane.  Lauren can’t help but exonerate Saint Crispy for saying she paid too dearly for Diane making her last month a living nightmare 😂

All these millionaires, who live at the Abbott house, can afford their own place to live but they choose to live rent free. Or do they?  Who pays the taxes, maintenance, utilities, and food?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Am I the last poster to this board to find out that Eric Braeden is receiving treatment for bladder cancer while still showing up to tape the show - Sheknows reported on it this past Saturday (4/22)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Am I the last poster to this board to find out that Eric Braeden is receiving treatment for bladder cancer while still showing up to tape the show - Sheknows reported on it this past Saturday (4/22)

It's been in the Reel to Real thread for some time now.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4

As for today's Show, Huh, What??

Dummer's not only hysterical, she's also apparently lost the ability to communicate in basic English.  How about "Mom was standing RIGHT IN FRONT of me a few minutes ago, Daniel" instead of recouching everything batshit crazy Phyllis said as if was her own idea?  If she'd been direct, Daniel would have believed her, soon enough.  He's lived through enough of her insane plots to know anything is possible with that loon.

So with Lauren, Diane is guilty even if she didn't do anything?  Okay, got it.  Phyllis's nutjob behavior, none of that is Phyllis' responsibility, that's all on Diane, too.  Because before Phyllis came to town, Phyllis was a paragon of normalcy and upright human behavior?

I don't know what they're serving in those drinks at Neil's basement Jazz and Bullshit lounge, but that shit is pretty strong.

So ButtBiscuit tells Jack that he moved on too fast from Phyllis to Diane?  THIS, coming from the guy who broke up with Lily on the same day he took all of his Huggies and Dr. Denton's out of his place with Lily and brought them over to Chelsea's?  

Why Jack doesn't reroute the water from Lake Michigan through those nose canals of ButtBiscuit's every time he opens his maw is beyond me.

As for those flashbacks, all they reminded me of is how much I've always disliked "Red", and how she's gotten even worse.

• Like 7
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hope Neil's jazz lounge has crow nuggets with honey mustard sauce on the menu. Lauren will eating a hot plateful courtesy of Michael when they find out what their nutbag BFF has done.

But will they really? Quite a few characters have already stated that they don’t care if Diane didn’t poison the Dumpster Humper… it’s still her fault. Who can argue against logic like this?

Ashley looks like a infantile buffoon. Jack may be a love drunk fool, but he moved Diane into the Chateau Abbott because he actually loved her. Ashley is doing this purely for spite and Tucker is so feeble now that he’ll gladly accept being used in order to stay around Ash.

I’m seriously considering suing CBS due to permanent injuries I sustained rolling my eyes when the Dumpster Humper called Dummer, “Supergirl”. The ER doctor diagnosed it as an acute case of, “Thisbitchcan’tbeserious?” I’m beginning to think that Phyllis rubbed some peanut butter on Dummer and that’s the only explanation for her cognitive impairment. But then again, her own mother is gaslighting her.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7