Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

TIIC have spent the entire week giving Adam every reason to burn NE to the ground literally and figuratively. Grampire cut him off in a way that was so ludicrous that it could only be another TGVN mind game. Victoria was a grade A (word I won’t say) to Adam today. Nick is sleeping with a woman who he knows is in love with his younger brother. And Nikki can barely be bothered to acknowledge any of Victor’s other children’s existence.

The Sally/Nick storyline is a poorly regurgitated version of Phyllis/Nick, so that means there will definitely be a WTD and it will be Nick’s. Or at least he’ll be the only one who sees the results. Sick (that’s what I’ll be calling them from now on) somehow has <1% of the chemistry of Phick, which is odd considering that Phick was only interested in greasy backseat high school sex.

Between Nate and Devoin, I’m rooting for a loose ceiling tile. But as long as Nate’s poorly conceived plan screws Victoria, I’ll allow it. These 2 numb skulls have done the impossible… I actually feel sorry for Lily. Imani was the very embodiment of the phrase, “Out of pocket”.

• Fire 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

You said it nasir! It's Team Adam all the way for me and for once the enemy of my enemy is my friend so if Phyllis, Chelsea and Summer want to hop on board to rake Nick over the coals, not to mention Sharon, I will bring the popcorn and I will give the standing ovation.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Victoria spoke to Nick of utilizing Nate. I feel the same way about "utilize" in reference to a human being as I do about "female" expressed as a noun. Shut up, Victoria. 🤨

Vikki: Nick, don't you dare tell me you accepted Sally's apology about missing that important meeting and you let it go.
Nick: nah, I didn't let it go. I tapped it for a good seven and a half minutes.
Vikki: tapped it? What are you talking about? Did you put Sally on notice or not?
Nick: well, as the kids say, I did put it on her.
Vikki: oh good grief, I don't have time for this.
The World: right there with ya, Vik. You have
no idea.

Imani is like the wolf in the hen house now. She can tell Nate everything Lily and Devon say about him at the staff meetings. She better thread that needle carefully though because if her bosses figure out she's been helping Nate make trouble...

Sally has tongue-bathing skills par excellence. Victoria was eating it up. But ugh, then Nick had to chime in and remind Sally she's on call now for a "special" meeting with him.

Why does Sally keep talking to Nick about her personal interactions with Adam? It's none of his business and she's just making things messier. Plus, hearing her get agonized over Adam is like an aphrodisiac for Nick.

COO. IPO. Ee i ee i o! 🐄🐖🐑🐐🐓🦆

Oops, not sure Adam should have told Victoria he was still in love with Sally. That puts a bigger target on Sally's back, at least with Victoria and Victor.

So is Sally using her cooch to work Nick? I mean, she wouldn't be the first woman in history to do that but surely she sees how Nick is holding her job security over her head. Gah.

No, no, no, no! I am not buying that Sally is legitimately attracted to Nick. Either she's lying or this is total bovine excrement.

And there it is. Nate wants to help Victoria do insider trading to take over C-W.  This effing guy. Oh well, have fun in prison, Nate. What's left of you after Jill rips you to shreds with her bare teeth, anyway.

Lol, Nick standing there eyeballing Adam like, "'Sup, bro?" IMO the only potentially good thing about this disgusting turn of events is how badly Adam might ruin Nick's life in retaliation.

I think the show/writers are trying to placate Josh/Nick - who has been vocal about having more to do.

Yep, and look what a disaster they came up with. Most of the big soap forums seem to be anti-Sick. Hope JM's happy now. (Not.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Now Natey Nate Nate is being touted, by Olive, as the greatest thing since sliced bread?  

All these rich people and nobody can afford anything but a double bed?  Even the Grand Albatross “suites” only have a double bed. 

Sally feeding Olive’s ego was a fantastic move but it really has no real effect on Olive from this day forward to be known as Cruella.  But Sally doesn’t get any credit at all for trying to get over Adam by getting under Banana Breath 🤢🤢🤮.  Banana Breath, knowing Sally is still in love with Adam, is Johnny on the Spot to “screw” Adam out of Sally’s brain.  If this 🤢🤮continues, is Chloe going to condone Sally and Banana Breath?  For that matter, what would Cruella (Olive) think.  🤢🤮= Sally and Banana Breath from today and this day forward are BUSTED!!  

Imani Imani Imani, you are a subordinate to a subordinate, so STFU and do your job. About doing your job, you should know first hand what is in Natey Nate Nate’s contract.  Whatever crawled up Devon’s ass is still there; but I do side with Devon on this issue.  The only saving grace would be if the CW IPO is limited to only 49% of the number of shares issued. That way nobody can buy controlling interest in CW. They would only have a seat on the board.  Therefore Natey Nate Nate’a dumb plan would fail. Not only that but there is a possibility that Natey Nate Nate and Cruella (Olive) can get busted for insider trading.  Cruella (Olive) questions Natey Nate Nate about doing this to his own family. Cruella (Olive) this is something you have done to your own family more than once.  

Hey Mrs Chipmunk, what happened to trying to apologize to Sally about going off on her about Adam. Yet, you just couldn’t text Sally that Adam was looking for you. You had to add to avoid him and this has to end.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 9/15/2022 at 4:53 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

And with that one text, Nick reinforced a #metoo situation. The threat was subtle but it was there. Oh, Sally, you in danger, girl.

What was the wording of the text? I only remember the odd "in the loop" part

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The text said ‘CEOs miss meetings sometimes. From now on, keep me in the loop.”

Hey Nate, I hope you like prison food. Color me stunned when he suggested he be Victoria’s inside man, helping her buy CW. THIS is what he thinks will show the world that he’s a smart businessman with great ideas? Part of me hopes Victoria kicks him to the curb for being so eager to turn on his family. And another part hopes she takes him up on it and ends up in prison right along with him. Or maybe the plan backfires and CW buys NE. THAT could be fun! 🤣

I had to FF through the Sick scenes. I just couldn’t stand to watch them in bed.. I hope Adam goes completely scorched earth on Nick!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I had to FF through the Sick scenes. I just couldn’t stand to watch them in bed.. I hope Adam goes completely scorched earth on Nick!

You, are me!  
I’ve never been a fan of Nick and have always loved Adam (all the actors who have played him) which makes this situation much more painful, for me.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

After this second Sally/Dick in a Box boink I was ready to stop watching altogether. I've mulled it over and realized that there's nothing on this show worth watching anymore.

Ditto.  I started losing interest after they broke up Sally and Adam and had her turn into a Newman fangirl, but the spoilers about her and Nick were the final straw.  When a show only makes you bored and angry, it's time to take a break. 

I'm still stopping in here to read the brilliant posts of y'all, though.  And thanks to @boes I'll always picture Nick with his thinking face on, mind singing The Candy Man or Dry Bones LOL!

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

Sally has a brain tumor.  She caught it off of JT.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  😡

I'm so confused by the hierarchy at CW : A Family Company.  Devon and Lily have the same title, and Lily said they are equals.  But Lily is an employee, while Devon is a stakeholder.  So are they really equals?  Lily acts like she's in the one charge, but isn't she Devon's subordinate?  The only people deciding about going public should be Jill and Devon.  Lily could weigh in, but she should not get the deciding vote.  Look at the mess she's created, coercing her brother and her cousin to join her vanity project.  

So Nate told Elena about his scheme, and he thinks she won't tell Devon or Lily?  Good luck with that, moron!

On 9/15/2022 at 1:31 AM, boes said:

Snap, I always think of you as not only a Mogul, but as also an honorary COO.  

Aww, thanks, boesy!  I think you're pretty COO-yourself! 

Happy weekend, everyone!      

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Reading all your comments gets my hopes up- all this talk about Nate's plan backfiring and he and Victoria going to jail would be way too fun and exciting to watch, and of course it will never ever happen.  At least the last part- a Newman dealing with real consequences for the wrong they've done- anyway.  

Still, she hasn't accepted it yet.  Part of me does hope she just shuts him down on (yeah right) principle for how disgusting it is.  

And you guys have said it all about Sally/Adam/Nick, nothing else to add.  What a disaster of a story.  

I am a bit excited to see Deacon, though, as I can't help but like Sean Kanan.  Nikki should just go for it.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

The text said ‘CEOs miss meetings sometimes. From now on, keep me in the loop.”

Hey Nate, I hope you like prison food. Color me stunned when he suggested he be Victoria’s inside man, helping her buy CW. THIS is what he thinks will show the world that he’s a smart businessman with great ideas? Part of me hopes Victoria kicks him to the curb for being so eager to turn on his family. And another part hopes she takes him up on it and ends up in prison right along with him. Or maybe the plan backfires and CW buys NE. THAT could be fun! 🤣

Yeah! I hope Adam tells Nick to give back that kidney he donated to Faith. LOL

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Between Nate and Devoin, I’m rooting for a loose ceiling tile. 

Nasir Jones, I bow down to the utter perfection of that line.

You done KILLED me ####DEAD####

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep, and look what a disaster they came up with. Most of the big soap forums seem to be anti-Sick. Hope JM's happy now. (Not.)

Is this the case? How wonderful! On twitter it's a bunch of thirsty women banging on about how Sally is so bravestrongindependentloveswithherwholeheart and what a badass power move it is sleeping with Nick while being CEO and how Adam better grovel for her return. Chile......

Sean Kanan is my dude from way back. I stopped watching GH permanently when RC brought him back to kill him off again. I hate RC forever. If I were Nikki I'd get that. Why would you ever want an old, tyrannical bag of bones over Deacon?

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7

Back a few:

Billy was making the point about how much coffee he drinks, not that he literally paid half of Faith's tuition.

What the hell was that noise mouth movement Stafford threw in at the end of a sentence with Diane at Jabot? She is such a creepy person (Stafford, not Phyllis).

The actor who plays Adam is finally having chemistry with every character on the show now. There is an ease in all his scenes, with everyone.

Nate Nate Natey Nate Nate actor is channeling his inner French Stewart with all his squinty eyes reactions. It works for French, not for Nate.

UO here but I dislike Mariah and Tess. As a couple, separately, everything. The actresses just irk me. 

Stop! with the two year old did their mama's smokey eye on Sharon makeup people! 

I shudder every time Tracey is in a scene. 

I am down for Chelsea and this Chance. Abby needs a new dude. New character dude that she can have an interesting plot with and chemistry with. 

I loved Chloe's white pants and brown top the other day! Loved! It!

I gotta watch the Nick and Sally deed but I am down for them having a fling. I never thought Joshua Marrow was hot until got to his hot dad age. He is only about 8 years younger than I am but I always put him in "son" category because he looked so young and slick. Now that he has some gruff and a (hot) dad bod, I am into him. 

Heading off to catch up on several eps now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

I don't have much to add to the Sick discussion other than my puke, and lots of it. 🙂🙃 

I don't want Sally to be pregnant because imo she's really young & still seems to have a decent bit of life and maturing ahead of her. But then again they let Phyllis become a mother twice and Summer become a step-mother so just fuck it all I guess lol. The baby just better not be Nick's. This character is lowkey overrated, and I've been over him for quite some time. No shade to JM but he doesn't strike me as "hot" he's good looking yeah, but he ain't the Jason Momoa of daytime T.V or whatever the fuck he or TPTB think he's supposed to be. He's got zilch sex appeal to me and he doesn't even fit the wholesome dad archetype(if he ever really did) either. Which to bring back up the point Banana Breath is already raising Christian(Adam's son) who we never see, the last thing Nick should be rewarded with is another child. He'll just end up using the kid against Sally once he's done with her anyways. Like he's done all his other baby mommas. 

19 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I've come to the conclusion that Josh Griffith is another Bradley Bell. He has no idea about characterization but only writes for plot points.

^^^This. It's a shame that the price of having 4 soaps left is that they're all being ran by hack writers. But I'll take the plunge here and say that Brad Bell is the worst out of them all, dude has no concept of narrative balance and consistency. 

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, Nick standing there eyeballing Adam like, "'Sup, bro?" IMO the only potentially good thing about this disgusting turn of events is how badly Adam might ruin Nick's life in retaliation.

Lmao, I know right? And here's hoping that whatever Adam does actually sticks this time and Nick takes a permanent L, from him. 

In speaking of L's I wonder if we can get a two for one special when Victoria & Nate's plan goes to hell. With them gone this show might be on the way to being semi-watchable again. 

15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm so confused by the hierarchy at CW : A Family Company.  Devon and Lily have the same title, and Lily said they are equals.  But Lily is an employee, while Devon is a stakeholder.  So are they really equals?  Lily acts like she's in the one charge, but isn't she Devon's subordinate?  The only people deciding about going public should be Jill and Devon.  Lily could weigh in, but she should not get the deciding vote.  Look at the mess she's created, coercing her brother and her cousin to join her vanity project.  

Shhhhhhh just go with it, it's the clusterfuck Neil & Kathrine wanted all along! 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

he ain't the Jason Momoa of daytime T.V

Understatement of the millennium. Heck, of the beginning of time. Nobody is the Jason Momoa of anything except His Hotness, Jason Momoa. <swoon>

Which to bring back up the point Banana Breath is already raising Christian(Adam's son) who we never see, the last thing Nick should be rewarded with is another child.

This is the main reason why I don't think Sally will be having Nick's kid (assuming she's going to get pregnant). Nick already has three children, including the one he "stole" from Adam. AFAIC, Adam is owed a baby. I could do without another WTD? storyline but if that what it takes to get a Sally & Adam child, so be it. 😏

4 soaps left

Technically there's only three now. DAYS is no longer on broadcast TV and I doubt it's going to survive being moved to a pay channel.

So Nate told Elena about his scheme, and he thinks she won't tell Devon or Lily?  Good luck with that, moron!

That's what I was thinking too because if Elena keeps her mouth shut and it later comes out that she knew what illegal stuff Nate was planning, that'll make her a co-conspirator. And since the idea apparently came from Imani, I don't know how she escapes being charged with something as well. However, I could see Imani trying to claim attorney/client privilege or some baloney. I would love it if this insider-trading scheme is what finally takes Victoria down.

• Applause 3
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Maybe TPTB will have to give Nate a brain tumor to explain his behaviour.

He'll have to make a trip to the Wizard first to find a brain to get that tumor.

giphy.gif

Yes Nate Natey Nate Not-a-surgeon-anymore Nate, they do, oh yes they most certainly do.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18

I am just up to where Billy separates Devon and Nate. Lol Nate just go find another executive in charge job. This place ain’t for you and your tantrums. Imani? He is high maintenance, run fast.

I liked Victoria and Lily with the their rich girl girl power chat. 

I’m not feeling this new Summer yet. She is very stiff is what is irking me. She also speaks stiffly, her mouth moves like Renee Zellweger’s. She does have pretty hands and natural nails that are just the right length. It is rare nowadays to see a natural nail and not those fake claws. I am beyond bored with the surprise wedding plot.

Seeing chemistry between Chelsea and Chance. That’s a first for me regarding Chelsea. Also have never seen chemistry with anyone in Abby’s orbit, including this Chance. He wasn’t appealing to me at all until I saw him with Chelsea. I continue to be bummed over the Chancellor dinky bedroom. 

I need to process Nick and Sally. I am up to post romp let’s eat scene. I see Nick thrilled and Sally having instant regret. They were both willing and into it though. 

I always love Jack and Victor having their chats. 

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

Okay I hate that it is a sibling triangle thing again but so far the Sally Nick Adam actors/characters are meshing their scenes well. I just finished with the keep me in the loop scene and I love the cat and mouse tension going on between these three. I didn’t get harrassment from Nick from that txt but reassurance. 

Elena and her tiny purse. Ha she carries it so delicately and sets it down so gently. I posted that she and Nate are snoozeville but she is winning me over in the last two weeks. 

Is Nate ever satisfied? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

This whole Nate/Imani thing has actually made me appreciate Elena. She has the goods to rain fire over Nate. Please let this happen. And then I realize that this entire storyline is the best thing on the show right now. So we can begin the countdown to when it lands with the usual thud. There is no Phyllis and I can’t see how she could be inserted in. Winning.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

This whole Nate/Imani thing has actually made me appreciate Elena. She has the goods to rain fire over Nate.

She does. This is a Y&R though so odds are she's going to aim at Imani, especially when she finds out Imani is the one who put the idea into Nate's head. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Elena breaks up with him over this. Dumba$$ Nate will more likely dump Elena for not being "loyal" and "supportive" to him like Imani is.

Is Nate ever satisfied? 

Not in GC it seems.

Nate's still kind of young to be having a mid-life crisis so maybe it really will turn out to be a brain tumor, hah hah. Whatever, I know the actress who originally played his mommy Olivia has declined to return for even a short visit but I wish the show would do a temp hire. They need Olivia to come back and straighten out her son before he ends up in prison.

In related news, I was reviewing Nate's bio on SoapCentral (which, like Wikipedia, has some odd gaps, straight up wrong details, and in some cases hasn't been updated in years but oh well) and it said Nate and Abby had had a fling back in the day. I don't remember that at all, plus I thought he and Victoria had had a brief thing. WTF? So why didn't they have Nate be Abby's sperm donor? At least he's closer to being a biological Winters than Devon is.

• Love 8

I vaguely remember or misremember Nate and Abby, with another actor as Nate. Also, I am pretty sure that it was a blink and you miss it Victoria Neil testing of chemistry moment and not with Nate.

Funny you mentioned Olivia. I thought last week that Dru needed to come back from beyond, with a recast actress but just as wacky as before.

eta I remembered correctly about Nate/current actor. I was thinking of waaaay back when she was paired with Damon? Or Damien? Some dude who was described as “his expressions are bland or my brain hurts”.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

blink and you miss it Victoria Neil testing of chemistry moment

Oh that was definitely a noticeable thing. Neil and Victoria lived together while she was pregnant with a another guy's baby. They got engaged after Neil asked Victor for her hand in marriage and gave her a big diamond ring. Since the pregnancy was difficult Neil honorably (🙄) refused to consummate their relationship until after the baby was born. However, she miscarried and they broke up without ever having had sex. Y&R was so proud of themselves for presenting two major characters in an interracial pairing but they chickened out once a certain group of problematic viewers complained about it. My eyes are still rolling. (BTW, this happened back when Heather Tom was playing Victoria.)

Dru needed to come back from beyond, with a recast actress but just as wacky as before.

Yeah, I wish they would bring Dru back too but Victoria Rowell is a non-starter and any actress they try to replace her with, she will destroy on social media and via other PR. When the show hired former AMC actress Debbi Morgan to play Harmony, she had to go to VR personally and reassure her she wasn't going to be a replacement Dru. CBS, Y&R, and VR may have settled the legal stuff she had against them but she's made sure they can never recast Dru. (And allegedly a few key cast members have threatened to quit if VR ever returns so the impossibility is pretty solid from both sides.)

The Winters family et al is the only one which doesn't have a patriarch or matriarch figure and IMO it shows in how incohesive they are. This C-W business is a weak attempt to fix the problem and I don't think it's working. Lily's not a strong enough character to be trying to lead that family, and AFAIC neither is Devon.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Was anyone sad that  Kyle and Summer got married off screen and deprived us of a Big Splashy Wedding, so that Show would go backwards in time to give us one?

Anybody?

Because I'm good. I do not need to see giggly bridal party stuff from Summer at this point.  I almost feel like we've been saddled with this forced revelry so Show can play more Phyllis vs.Diane drama.

Enough, Show. Tell better stories!

• Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

This whole Nate/Imani thing has actually made me appreciate Elena. She has the goods to rain fire over Nate. Please let this happen.

I guess one of the lowkey funny parts of this SL is, in order to finally make Elena not so dull anymore they had to make Nate & Imani insufferable & annoying beyond repair. I peeped something like this happening when the writers were trying to mangle Amanda's character with that atrocious custody of baby Dom SL. But I guess since that didn't pan out 100% they switched gears to characters that were already less cared for or just as dull as Elena was. Which is kind of a smart(I use that word loosely in refence to them) move on the writers part. I mean, I personally never cared for this version of Nate and I could take or leave Imani. The original had potential at times when she wasn't flirty with Nate. But other than that meh. One hill I will die on though, is that they should've put the OG Imani(or Amanda even) with Jack. Could've been far more interesting than what Lily & Billy have imo. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Or Malcolm even. Didn't he help raise Little Nate after Nathan died?

Girl, Shemar Moore's fine ass is working, we'd have better luck getting Eva Longoria to come back.

Spoiler

Looks like they're bringing back Daniel though.

Pretty sure Josh Griffith' plan is to eliminate the BIPOC characters not bring more on. I would love to see a return of the Barber and Winters family as well.

Edited by slayer2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Hey, Kyle forgot the part of his and Summer’s story that was like Flowers in the Attic. Is there an unwritten rule that someone has to blow sunshine up a Newman’s ass every episode? 

It’s nice, though, that some things never change - Nick’s underwear, Nick’s jock itch and Nick banging anything that moves, ethics be damned. Watching him pretend to be a serious businessman is the height of comedy, especially when he tries adding up figures without taking off his shoes and socks. Stick with the guy who doesn’t look constipated trying to differentiate between his ass and his elbow, Sally.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

Don't be obtuse, Adam. It's exactly what it looks like. Be glad you didn't catch them in the act.

I think what Aunt Traci should've told Kyle is that he and Summer don't need another frigging wedding. This will be their third one but the MWTs are conveniently forgetting the nuptials before Kyle later married Lola. The one which only cost Summer a slice of her liver.

Ehhh, Summer. Harrison is not your son, stop saying that. He has a mother and she isn't dead. What are Kyle and Summer going to do when Harrison is old enough to ask about Tara? She'll be out of prison eventually.

Poor Adam was about to get his feelings hurt bad and he knew it. Nick was just standing there trying to pretend like he wasn't jerking himself off in anticipation of the thrill.

So they're going to begin Y&R's 50th anniversary year with Summer and Kyle's rerun wedding. I hope this means they'll end the year with Allie and Noah's first one. Am prepared to be disappointed.

Phyllis cause chaos. Pshht. Jack, have you met Phyllis before? Chaos is scared of her.

What aspect of boundaries do you not understand, Chloe? It's not your place to be discussing your boss' personal business with her boss. Geebus cripes.

Sally, you darn well know sleeping with Adam's brother is a major foul. Part of me wonders whether you were subconsciously intending to hurt Adam when you got with Nick. Girrrrlll.

Sally: Adam, it would be so nice if you weren't here.
Adam: but Sally, I love you! I'm sorry! I will follow you to the ends of the earth!
Sally: DID. I. STUTTER? Get the fcuk out of my life and stay out! And don't make me tell you again!

Joi: okay, whatever remnants there were of The Bold and the Beautiful Sally, they've definitely left the building as of today. I'm scared. 😵💫

Adam, Nick wasn't executing revenge when he slept with Sally. He just wants to make her forget you and concentrate on her job. It ain't that deep. Nick is being the simple tool he is with the simplest tool he's got.

Oy, Diane didn't look too comfortable in those leather leggings. She was walking kind of weird going into Society, lol.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Hold the phone Traci, Summer 2.0 has friends?  They must be well hidden like her nieces and nephews.  Summer 2.0’s friends are all relatives. 

Rodan, if you have an issue with Diane writing the press release, take it up with Mariah. By going to Diane first it’s disrespectful to Mariah in questioning her authority.  

Adam vs Banana Breath. Adam for the win!!  Sally’s weak ass denial denial was all Adam needed to know that Sally was playing hide the worm with Banana Breath. I sure hope that Sally doesn’t get gorilla pox.  

Kyle, Diane was not investigating Rodan. Diane was just curious why a Marchetti Home file was on her computer.  Kyle stop making excuses for Rodan. You know that Rodan is the aggressor. 

I guess TIIC still can’t fit into their budget offices for Marchetti.  Why didn’t Jack inquire why Rodan was in his office?  Now Rodan has no concept of professionalism with sitting in the waiting area of Jack’s office thumbing through swatches of materials.  

Speaking of Kyle going big on his and Summer 2.0’s second wedding, why would it be held in a limited space like Jack’s living room?  Now that Rodan is going to even be more involved makes it a bigger 💩show. 

Mrs Chipmunk picked up on 🤢🤮 after a few sentences from Banana Breath. I’m sure Mrs Chipmunk is not going to approve either. 

No matter what, Adam and Sally 🔥🔥.  Even Sally laying down the law to Adam, I can see in her eyes that her brain says no no no but her heart says yes yes yes. But Sally, moving on with Banana Breath, the monkeys with a keyboard make her out to be no better than Chelsea.  Sally’s only saving grace is that I can see pangs of guilt in Sally. 

Adam is 100% correct about Banana Breath being in deep 💩 when they find out about Sally.  

• Like 1
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Skarzero said:

One hill I will die on though, is that they should've put the OG Imani(or Amanda even) with Jack. Could've been far more interesting than what Lily & Billy have imo. 

Oh man, I was (am) an advocate of this too.  Can you imagine OG Imani running interference on Jack's behalf?  

(And the original actress is in fact still coming back...right?)

I can tolerate nuSummer much better than HK's version, but it's still bothersome seeing her and Kyle presented as some great love story.  They should be siblings, and Kyle was so much better off with Lola.  She would have been way more impactful as an addition to the Abbotts IMO.  

Ok, that dark navy color looks REALLY good on Phyllis.  She still sucks, though.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Just finished watching today's episode, and I can't help but wonder if there would be any real-life CEO who would put up with underlings bursting into his office to complain about eachother; given that Y&R is a work of fiction, I would still love it if Jack would tell Phyllis and Diane that as neither of them is at a job grade that would directly report to him, his office door is shut to them.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

So I need a history lesson. I remember Diane being on the show years ago, but I was working in an office and only caught Y&R on vacation days, holidays, etc. What about her makes her a compelling subject for a series of stories on a website, much less a book? Who is the audience for this outside of Genoa City? I felt the same way about the constant blathering about stories on Ashton Locke. Again, who cares. Was his fame supposed to be on the Steve Jobs/Jeff Bezos/Bill Gates level? 

Also, did Nate have an undisclosed head injury? That's the only way I can figure out how someone who has always been very reasonable is going around throwing fits and screaming about his "bold" ideas and not being respected. Not to say Devon is perfect. But has he even been with the company six months? Now he thinks he's qualified to be CEO? (I realize no one on this show is qualified to be CEO, but humor me.)

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Now the Nick I saw today is the Nick I like. He was all Sense when talking with Victoria, who increasingly seems to be operating under delusions of grandeur. He could see the  big fat mess in the future and tried to warn Vikki against the foolishness. Will she listen? Nah, but I'll give Nick credit for trying.

• Like 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, tanyak said:

So I need a history lesson. I remember Diane being on the show years ago, but I was working in an office and only caught Y&R on vacation days, holidays, etc. What about her makes her a compelling subject for a series of stories on a website, much less a book? Who is the audience for this outside of Genoa City? I felt the same way about the constant blathering about stories on Ashton Locke. Again, who cares. Was his fame supposed to be on the Steve Jobs/Jeff Bezos/Bill Gates level?  

This goes right along with Hillary's "hit" show, GC Buzz, which apparently captured the nation's interest about all the ins and outs of the Real CheeseMakers of Southeastern Wisconsin.

Inquiring minds want to know!  Or, at least, spread that crap on a cracker.

Show BEGS us not to use any logic whatsover cuz it really hurts their feelings.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Oh dear, it's no-acting-ability Natalie again. I thought we'd seen the last of Talia.

Temp Imani's hair is kind of distracting to me. That is not a great wig she's wearing, IMO. And Nikki's sparkly jacket is a lot. Seems rather heavy for the weather in LA right now, especially during the daytime.

Phyllis sitting there thinking, "Diane and I would both be fired? Please, I can take that hit. I'll just talk Summer into hiring me back, and Diane will out on her non-existent butt. Heh heh heh."

Gee, Kyle and Summer, maybe hiring your dire enemy mommies was the Worst Idea Ever. Treating them like recalcitrant children likely isn't going to be the answer.

Whoo chile, Deacon was a hot piece back in the day. A complete dirtbag but a also a solid hunk of man. I thought the flashbacks of him and Nikki would be corny and was pleasantly surprised they weren't.

You're pathetic, Nate. Imani is your ego enabler more than your friend. Plus she's clearly trying to pull you away from Elena. Idiot.

Yeah, Nick was giving Victoria some real talk about Nate and his likely illegal, out-of-bounds move against Lily and Nate. Too bad Vikki's so full of herself she won't listen.

Does Imani have some kind of beef with Devon? It's almost like she's deploying Nate as a weapon against him in particular. Why?

Apparently Talia's main purpose is to tongue-bathe Nikki. 🙄

Interesting how neither Nick nor Victoria mentioned Jill as a factor in the potential C-W takeover. Do they assume she won't object as long as she gets paid? Not sure I'd take that bet.

Of course Diane did an end-run back to Jack. Kyle probably should've him a heads-up since Jack could've inadvertently undermined Kyle's authority. He and Diane have been getting chummier and she seems to count on his support now.

I could do without watching Summer and Kyle noisily sucking face. Bleh. Where are Ally and Noah?

That look on Deacon's face when he saw Nikki's text. It was like he was trying to figure out how quickly he could get to the ocean and throw himself in it, lol.

(And the original actress is in fact still coming back...right?)

Yes, and AFAIC it can't happen soon enough. Temp Imani is not working for me as a stand-in.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

Nikki looked better in those flashbacks with Deacon than she looks now. (No shaming intended; just an observation.)

It is more the hairstyle, the horrible clothes and a pair of huge chandelier earrings. Whoever styles her should be fired. Melody Thomas Scott is a very attractive woman who is being made - purposely?to look like an aging Lady of the Evening. It makes Lauren look classy; and now Diane is wearing pleather pants!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

It is more the hairstyle, the horrible clothes and a pair of huge chandelier earrings. Whoever styles her should be fired. Melody Thomas Scott is a very attractive woman who is being made - purposely?to look like an aging Lady of the Evening. It makes Lauren look classy; and now Diane is wearing pleather pants!

MTS was on The Talk last week. She looked beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Why would anyone go back to Victor when they could have had a good time with Deacon? But if it was such a dark time as she claims, why is Nikki running to Deacon for supposed answers? I doubt he will have much more to add. Please make this stupid reporter go away. 
I hope Victoria teaming up with Nate the idiot blows up in her face. 

36 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

Nikki looked better in those flashbacks with Deacon than she looks now. (No shaming intended; just an observation.)

If they took away the door knocker earrings and gave her a softer hairstyle it would go a long way. No hope for a better wardrobe. Between the dresses with no shoulders, the pleather pants, the prairie dresses and the belts, I think that’s as good as it gets.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Give me a break monkeys with a keyboard, do you have literary amnesia?  Wasn’t Deacon just releases from jail?  How would he know what Diane was up to during this time?  Wasn’t Diane already in GC when Deacon was released on parole?  Are we to believe that Diane and Deacon had contact while Deacon was in jail?  The monkeys with a keyboard use the etch-a-sketch theory. Shake the computer, the story disappears, start over.  WTF? Talia will write a book about Diane Jenkins is her publisher won’t allow her to write for the magazine?  Like Talia can get a book about Diane published.  This book will be as popular as a kidney stone.  Nikki’s pontifications are 🤢🤢🤮 to say mildly. 

Cruella, what makes you think that CW would be that stupid to issue enough stock to give up majority control?  Don’t answer that, it’s a rhetorical question. The monkeys with a keyboard will make sure CW does and Cruella will be able to replace Devon, Jill, and Lily to sit in the CEO chair and not Natey Nate Nate. Insider trading most likely will be ignored because Cruella deems it so.  I had to laugh when Cruella said that she would consult with Nikki and Victor but ultimately , no matter what they say, the  decision is hers.  As usual, Cruella does what SHE wants irregardless of other options.  

Why o why do the monkeys with a keyboard insist of having private meetings in public spaces?  Is this like “Get Smart” where there is a cone of silence?  Is it because I can’t stand Rodan that she comes off as a fake, a phony, and very insincere when she talks about wanting to be a good employee and help Summer 2.0 and Kyle exceed while Diane seems sincere. Kyle and Summer 2.0 is undermining Mariah’s authority by not giving her a heads up about the meeting in which she could loose Diane. Rodan and Diana would have no contact, at all, if Kyle and Summer 2.0 told Rodan she has to deal with Mariah, Diane’s supervisor,  if there are any revisions. If Rodan doesn’t go through Mariah, Rodan might as well write the press release herself.  In addition, Mariah might not agree with the Rodan’s revisions since Rodan would make revisions just to drive Diane crazy.  

Now the monkeys with a keyboard are violating HIPPA laws. Natey Nate Nate can get health information, even if he’s a doctor, without the consent from the patient.  

I thought Imani 1.0 was bad. Imani 2.0 makes Imani1.0 look like a Emmy award winner.  Natey Nate Nate and Imani 2.0 have even less chemistry than a goat and a rabbit. 

Is this what really happened or is Nikki giving the history according to Nikki. I ask because the scenes between Deacon and Nikki were not clips but filmed recently.  Also, Nikki is an alcoholic, she doesn’t need an enabler. Nikki is her own enabler. 

Give me a break Nikki, how many more times since Deacon you had to climb out of that hole. 

Did Jack actually give Rodan a pass. Jack, Rodan’s denial is no way proof that Rodan didn’t put the Marchetti Home file on Diane’s computer. How would it get there other wise?  In my book, Rodan has a lot more hatred for Diane than Diane has for Rodan. Rodan is actively plotting against Diane and Diane is only reacting. 

Diane looks darn  good in leather pants. 

How would Nikki know Deacon’s cell phone number?  On the Bold and The Beautiful, Deacon is going to meet Nikki but he actually doesn’t know it’s Nikki who sent him the message.  How contrived. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Is this what really happened or is Nikki giving the history according to Nikki. I ask because the scenes between Deacon and Nikki were not clips but filmed recently.  Also, Nikki is an alcoholic, she doesn’t need an enabler. Nikki is her own enabler. 

I can't vouch for all the clips, but the one where Deacon was serving Nikki at the bar was from when he was the bartender at Glowworm, Gloria's restaurant or I'll eat my hat.  If  I can find it.  That background was unmistakeable.  That scene where they poured the liquor down the sink looked like what I remembered, too.

I don't know what Deacon is like on B&B, but he was a real sleaze on Y&R.

But in any case, HELLO, Drinki!!  It may be wrong, but it feels so right.  There was hope, back then, that you might actually free yourself from Mr. Mumbles and become an actual person.  Nobody at the time knew your future would consist of huge belts and prissy looks.  

Nate Natey Put-a-plug-in it Nate can't pass up a chance to be a pompous ass, can he?  Imani's buttering him like a dinner roll with all her "I'm so worried about Pater and I just don't UNDERSTAND all those big medical words" so he changes to his doctor hat and calls  to get the lowdown on my favorite member of Amanda's family, the unseen and unheard Stepdad and immediately gets puffy and pushy with some poor scmuck he's pumping for information.

Nate - I demand to know the medical condition and current financials of Mr. Imani's Dad and I demand to know now!

Poor schmuck - Who are you?

Nate - I'm a Doctor AND the current Cuu Cuuk a Choo at Chancellor Winters, now spill!

Poor schmuck - You're what again?

Nate - I'm not only a surgeon, I'm also a specialist in brainyectomies, assholemetries, wrote a treatiste on the heartbreak of psoriasis and did the first butt to face transplant and that was on MYSELF!  At Chancellor Winters I plan parties that they NEVER LET ME THROW and that's after I ALREADY BOUGHT THE BALLOONS!

Poor schmuck - Got the wrong number, buddy, this is the help desk at Piggly Wiggly.

Nate to Imani - He's going to be just fine.

I hope hope hope HOPE he and Victoria end up together.

I don't think Phyllis planted that invoice on Diane's computer.  I think that's Ashley's work.  She may have said she was working with Phyllis and Nikki, but if she could knock both Phyllis and Diane out with one punch, that'd be fine with her.  I predict Abbott family drama over this, leading back to her.

Edited by boes
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14

Was Nikki describing Deacon or Victor?  Lack of self-awareness is a key Newman trait. I can’t wait to find out that Diane’s been accumulating parking tickets and not paying them and watching Phyllis flap her boney maroney arms in triumph. I mean, that’s how this storyline will end, right? Much like the gripping saga of Ashland, the war against Diane will end not with a bang, but a big, wet fart. 

Speaking of flatulence, Victoria is clearly high on her own supply. You needed to be advised by a live action Mr. Potato Head that you’re making bad decisions. What the hell. Don’t make me nod along while Nick is talking and say to myself “you know, that guy has a point.” 

Is Nate experiencing a psychotic break? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2