Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So the Newman and the Abbott families both have enough money to buy the entire town many times over, and their security teams still can't prevent Jordan from waltzing in and plot devicing her way into an easy kidnapping.  Stupid.

16 hours ago, boes said:

I thought Alison Lanier did a fine job, especially considering what we would have had to sit through if Hunter King was still in the role.  HK could never act like anything but a Daisy Duck who had her feathers ruffled but AL made me want to reach through the screen and give her a shut up slap.  

I did enjoy the energy of today's show and I also enjoyed the good acting we saw from some of the cast, particularly Susan Walters and Beth Maitland.  Peter Bergman also underplayed things with effectiveness.  J. Eddie Peck, on the other hand, plays Cole like a guy who's got secret access to the BEST weed and he ain't sharing it with anybody.

No matter what, this storyline better end with somebody dropping a house on Auntie Jordan and finishing this for good.

I thought Hunter King was awful, and the only reason why she got her Emmy is because of the drama about her breastesses.  I think Alison Lanier is awful too.  I'm sure she thought her screeching is going to put her into "I smell Emmy!" territory but it's just pathetic.  She's not even the mom, she's not even the stepmom anymore.

I agree that Susan Walters and Beth Maitland were great.  Beth Maitland doesn't get enough recognition.  She was ridiculed for years for her weight by characters and viewers on and off screen, and gets shelved altogether off and on for years.  I know she won an Emmy about 40 years ago and got nominated several years ago, but she needs more recognition.  I hate the Ashley storyline but Beth Maitland is fantastic in it, I really like the relationship between Ashley and Traci.

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I cannot believe that Show is only writing for a handful of people.  Victor, Nicki, Claire, Victoria; Ashley, and recently Summer and Kyle.  Everyone else seems like day contract actors/actresses.  They pop in and out. I am sick to death of Claire - how has she come on and basically taken over the show?  Nicki is exhausting. As is Ashley. Yet here they are, seemingly everyday. 

I don't understand how Claire has taken over the show either.  It's almost like Bradley Bell is writing this show, he does this all the time on B&B, he chooses a few favourites and they eat the whole show, and everyone else just falls by the wayside.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:01 PM, surfgirl said:

Also Show? Stop trying to make Danny Romalotti 'a thing'. He's a shriveled up prune of a man, with over dyed way too black hair, creepy looking expressions, and he's a supreme puss. Don't tell me Cricket gets hot over that shit, no way. Then again, Pauly 'what's in my pant's' was her hubby so maybe I'm wrong.

Danny Romalotti is a joke, the description of him as a prune is spot on.  The dyed and coiffed hair is ridiculous on a man of his age.  I've thought for years that both the character and actor are very effeminate, I don't understand why Christine and Phyllis have fought over this lump for years and years.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I know this is just a soap but I was ENRAGED that Jordan told Hassenpfeffer his parents didn't want him anymore.  I wanted to punch the tv screen.  

That was a tough scene to watch.

24 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I know this is just a soap but I was ENRAGED that Jordan told Hassenpfeffer his parents didn't want him anymore.  I wanted to punch the tv screen.  

That was a tough scene to watch.

Also want to add, I love the nicknames you all created for the characters here. Do we have any for Claire, Cole, Victoria and Jordan? 

• Like 9

The door on the so called Abbott mansion has bothered me for years. It’s super flimsy.  I’m not surprised Jordon got in. My question is, how did she kidnap Claire? Did she chloroform her? I didn’t see Mondays episode.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Regarding the late night flower delivery: the only time I had flowers delivered at night was when I was mad at my husband and he rushed to the grocery store and bought a cheap bunch and presented it to me with terror in his eyes. 😡

Indeed, who wants the wilting flowers that didn't sell all day?  I would expect the Abbotts to have fresh Dutch tulips delivered at 7 am, as soon as they were flown in on the red eye.

26 minutes ago, Giddyup said:

My question is, how did she kidnap Claire? Did she chloroform her? 

Yes, Jordan chloroformed her, but they never showed how she got that deadweight downstairs and into the van while also wrangling Harrison.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

The new Hassenpfeffer is more peppery than the previous hare (and has a bunny good luck charm to boot!).

Jordan told Clare the same thing when she was growing up.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Nikki should keep micro dosing vodka. It's making her sharper than the other dolts in that living room. Of course it's Jordan you goobers. Who else?

I like to imagine Jack & Victor text each other late at night gossiping. BFFs!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

if she wanted to make us succeed in being annoyed with her, she definitely succeed. 

My guess is that AL played the part exactly as she was directed to and what the script called for, so my blame shouldn't be with the actress who was just following direction, but with the writers for having the character churn herself into a frenzy that the viewers can't accept - the character of Summer is not Harrison's mother, she is his now former stepmother, and while the viewers could accept her expressing anguish over his kidnapping, the writers have written her as being completely out of control over it, which makes the character come across like a childish attention-seeking psycho, the complete opposite of  a sympathetic character.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Denize said:

I wanted to punch the tv screen. 

Mee too!

53 minutes ago, Denize said:

they never showed how she got that deadweight downstairs and into the van

My guess is that Claire is hidden away in the Abbott mansion, tied-up and gagged - or, if Auntie Jordan was able to actually get her out of the house and into the van, maybe she left her locked up in the same place that Victor had her locked up.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

When I was a child my brother would tell me my real parents didnt love me so they put me up for adoption and I was not my parents real child. Talk about sibling rivalry!!!😂😂😂

If I were Diane I think I would've had enough and bitch slapped Nikki today. What time was it supposed to the be, like 9 AM?  And was Nikki drunk driving all night? Why is Count Orlok unaware of her whereabouts?

If Jack is not an alcoholic but is a recovering pill addict, is he qualified to be Nikkei sponsor? I would think though they may intersect, there are differences in the 2 addictions that he can't address.  In any event, he is not helping much. He's too soft. For gods sake someone please put her in rehab.  Sorry if I sound heartless but I would be fed up with her. My father was hard core alcoholic and at a certain point your sympathy disappears and you get pissed off.  Today's show was that point for me.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

Honest question here: how do these women, who earn a living on camera every day, get away with having their roots exposed so often? MSt is the worst culprit by far,but CG is also guilty. I know the show has hairdressers, and they have to notice. MST’s grey roots were so obvious today it was more distracting than her being in the same clothes the day after the party.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren.   Ther's a warrant out for your arrest.  What you wore today {emphasis on daytime} Sequins AND leopard in a work outfit. NO NO NO  Who is dressing you--Stevie Wonder?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Wait,so the Abbots also have a security team? And yet none of THEM saw Jordan abscond with Claire and Harrison either? Damn, where do I sign up? I could use some no-show work that pays well.

newsflash Summer, Harrison is NOT a your child. You didn’t give birth to him. You didn’t raise him from a baby. You’ve known him for a few years and were briefly married to his father. As others have pointed out, you WERE his stepmother. Now you’re nothing. I get that there’s still an attachment but stop with all the ‘MY SON! MY BABY! OUR CHILD!’ BS.

that scene with Jordan and Harrison was tough to watch. I know it’s just fiction and have no doubt the entire cast (and the kid’s parents) reassured him before and after taping, but it was hard for me as a viewer.

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

it was hard for me as a viewer.

A lot of us have had that reaction - is there any official site where we can register our displeasure with that?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

When I watch live I tend to wander in and out of the room, so I'm a little confused. Do we know for sure Jordan chloroformed Claire? I mean, if I were Jordan I would just point a gun at Harrison knowing Claire would fall in line. 

If the writers are trying to establish a long term rivalry with Summer and Claire, it's not working for me. It's one of those things that might make sense on paper but not so much in the execution.  

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

A lot of us have had that reaction - is there any official site where we can register our displeasure with that?

The writing on this show is so mediocre that when that scene caught in my throat, I was shocked. It was a brilliant way to show how mind-frakked Claire must have been. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Do we know for sure Jordan chloroformed Claire?

Yeah Claire was sitting on the bed when Jordan walked up behind her and put a cloth over her face. Then claire just plopped face down on the bed lol!

3 minutes ago, tessaray said:

It was a brilliant way to show how mind-frakked Claire must have been. 

Seriously! Can you imagine being told every day from infancy that your parents didn’t love you and threw you away like yesterday’s trash?

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Do we know for sure Jordan chloroformed Claire?

There was a scene on Monday's show where Claire is sitting in Harrison's room waiting for him to return from the bathroom so she can read him a bedtime story and a hand holding a cloth reaches out and covers her nose and mouth.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah Claire was sitting on the bed when Jordan walked up behind her and put a cloth over her face. Then claire just plopped face down on the bed lol!

Okay, thanks. I missed that. Do you remember what day that was?  

Never mind, I see Js Nana answered.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, tessaray said:

a long term rivalry with Summer and Claire

My scenario for Summer vs Claire is that Summer feels intensely threatened by the appearance of a rival for the role of Favored Newman Grandchild (FNG) - Summer feels at a disadvantage because although Crown Prince Nicholas is her father, her mother, Phyllis (Summers/Romalotti/Abbott/Newman) Stark, is as welcome among the Newmans as rabies, while Claire is not only the daughter of Crown Princess Victoria, her father, Cole Howard, does not cause the Newmans to vomit on sight,

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Summer was annoying but I understand how you can let worry and fear work you into a frenzy. I don’t have kids but if one of my pets went missing, I would be hysterical. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, jqdeco said:

I don’t have kids

Neither does Summer, Harrison was her stepson until she and Kyle divorced - the imprisoned Tara Locke is Harrison's mother - which is why those over-the-top scenes about her son having been kidnapped look like the ravings of an adolescent drama queen who needs a good slap upside the head.

• Like 13

Didn’t Victoria read Claire/Eve the riot act about venturing out on her own again without security?  If Claire/Eve took a ride share to the Abbott house, why not question the driver?  In addition, Claire/Eve was just going to drop the charm off and leave but Kyle asked her to stay. So did she tell the ride share to leave. Why isn’t that on the security video?  

Nikki, you went for a drive and found a bar open all night. Nikki, I hate to tell you WI bars have to close by law at 2:00am. Also, if you drove to Jack’s house, you were driving under the influence. Another WTF, security allowed Nikki to leave without notifying Victor?  

Why isn’t anyone giving Claire/Eve the benefit of the doubt?  Why can’t anyone think that Claire/Eve was taken also?  Finally, how would anyone know that Claire/Eve was in contact with Auntie Jordan to coordinate Harrison’s kidnapping?  

Victoria, if if if. If the Queen had balls she would be King. 

BlueFang🕷️ please shut the fuck up. If Kyle had a choice he would not leave Harrison alone with you. BlueFang🕷️ it takes a psychopath to know one. Once again Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️’s bias is showing.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️, if “your” son is so important to you, then why did you choose your mother over “your” son?  It’s was your lying that broke you and Kyle up. 

Kyle finally had a moment of clarity as to why Claire/Eve is not asking for anything for herself but it’s still not registering that’s it’s Clair/Eve’s phone and not Claire/Eve.  Say what you want about Victor but, without hesitation, declared Claire/Eve not to be a part of the plan because Claire/Eve wanted for herself. 

Cole, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ is not Harrison’s step-mother. 

Final thought:  Add BlueFang🕷️ to the situation and all you get is psycho babble and fuel for Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️’s mania  

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I just hope Victor isn't the hero in this. After all,all he and his dipshit  family had to do was call the police instead of taking matters into their own hands.  And what a nincompoop Nikki was throwing a party to lure a lunatic. I mean who does that? 

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Applause 7

It was morning and Nikki was already drunk. Sure hope she wasn't driving herself around in that state.

Nick didn't find out about Harrison's kidnapping until the next day. Huh, seems to me the Newmans would've already told him so he could make sure Christian was safe.

Meanwhile, was there not an Amber Alert issued for Harrison?

So Victor went to the Abbott manse last night to talk to Jack but we didn't get to see it. Golly gee.

Jack, maybe it's time to recommend Nikki go to rehab. Her keeping you at her beck and call as her AA sponsor isn't helping at all. She's using you and you're enabling her.

It is kind of unbelievable that Phyllis knew nothing about Jordan. Those two probably would've had a psycho showdown by now and I'd have put my money on Red.

Have we ever seen Diane in jeans before? Well, at least they weren't sparkly. 😏

Yes, Victoria, you were way overconfident in Claire's speedy, miraculous recovery from a lifetime of brainwashing by a psycho. This is all your fault. Swim in the guilt.

Holey moley, Lauren's sparkly pencil skirt. And the five-inch spiked heels. Was she planning to go to work or turn some tricks at a hotel near the airport? 😼

Aren't the Abbott and Newman security teams stepping on the FBI's job by trying to trace calls and stuff? Meh, I'm not impressed and I bet the law enforcement authorities aren't either.

Eh, Victor, why would Jordan agree to your deal? As soon as she hands over the kid she loses her leverage. You two are playing chicken with a child. Grrr.

• Like 8
  • Applause 10
6 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Final thought:

Wow - you really laid it all out there, didn't you - lots of "food for thought"

Summer is not Harrison's mother, she's not even his stepmother anymore, so someone should bring her back down to earth - and are the Abbotts going to contact Harrison's mother, Tara Locke, and let her know that he's been kidnapped, or even that he's been found and rescued when he is, if he is, because at some point she's going to be released from prison and will wonder where her son is.  

The Newmans aren't involved in this situation because they consider Harrison to be a Newman, they're involved because: Summer is stomping around raving about her son having been kidnapped by the evil Claire, and Victoria's daughter, Claire, is missing along with Harrison.

• Like 13
23 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I mean who does that? 

I could say that Nikki does, but seeing as how Y&R is a work of fiction, it's really just another ham-handed attempt by the Y&R powers-that-be to inject high drama into the show by stretching the viewers' credulity to the absolute breaking point - and who thought that turning Summer into a raving lunatic would make that character sympathetic?

• Like 9

I like to imagine Jack & Victor text each other late at night gossiping. BFFs!

They'd be snapchatting each other pictures of their wrinkled taints and comparing which women they've slept with.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

comparing which women they've slept with.

Jack and Victor have both been married to Nikki Newman and Sharon Newman and Jack is now married to Diane Jenkins, who is one of Victor's ex-wives, and looking through this brought to mind just how incestuous that whole Genoa City crowd is:

1. Sharon (Collins/Newman/Abbott/Newman/Newman/McAvoy) Rosales is the mother of Noah Newman and Faith Newman, two of her ex-husband Victor Newman's grandchildren from her marriage to his son, Nicholas Newman, not to mention her marriage to Victor's other son, Adam - YUCK!!!!! - and she is a former daughter-in-law of Nikki Newman from her marriage to Dylan McAvoy, Nikki's son with Paul Williams - and if Sharon and Victor had had a child together, that child would have been a half-sibling to Noah and Faith on their mother's side and an aunt/uncle to them as a half-sibling of their father.

2. Kyle Abbott, Diane Jenkins' son with Jack Abbott, was married to Summer Newman, a granddaughter of his mother's ex-husband, Victor Newman, and if they'd had a child together, then Victor would have been their great-grandfather on their mother's side and Diane would have been their grandmother on their father's side - and if Diane and Victor had had a child, they would have been Kyle's half-sibling on his mother's and Summer's aunt/uncle as a half-sibling to her father.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

They'd be snapchatting each other pictures of their wrinkled taints and comparing which women they've slept with.

But just think how nice it'll be that they'll have matching Christmas card pictures!  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I don't have any problem with Dummer worrying herself sick about Harrison anymore than I have a problem with her loving the kid.  Considering how insular the Newmans are, I always thought her caring about Harrison the way she did was one of her few admirable qualities.  That group generally gives less than a crap about anyone outside their own circle.

But I've got a HUGE problem with her acting like her worry, her caring, takes precedence over everyone else, including Kyle and the Abbotts.  She, like all the Newmans, stamp an OWNED sign on whatever they fancy and after that's done, to hell with everyone else.  She's utterly insufferable right now and instead of showing us how much she loves Harrison, it only shows us how completely self-centered she is.  And, she's mean as a snake, lashing out at Kyle the way she's been doing.  As Waldo13 pointed out, she's the one that chose her own psychopathic mother over her family and it's entirely her fault that she's no longer a daily part of her husband's son's life.

After all this, Diane better get off the "Kyle and Summer belong together" train, and fast.  That train left the station and crashed.

To be fair, Dummer comes by her self-absorbtion honestly.  Just look at Nikki stumbling drunk into the Abbbot home this morning, making this all about her and expecting Harrison's grandfather, no less, to put her first.  To Jack's shame, that's just what he did.  Everything and everyone Newman-adjacent is allowed to live only if it serves their needs in some way.  Come to think of it, of course Victor and the gang want to find Harrison.  There might come a time when one of them needs an organ transplant and what better donor than another Abbott child?  (Time for Colleen's heart to jump out of Victor's chest and punch him right in the face).

There's tone deaf, and then there's those scenes of Dummer with Nick and Phyllis.  Phyllis, the premier psycho momma of southern Wisconsin, the dumpster diver lover, the woman who faked her death and left her children to grieve, THAT person, opines on how horrid the temp psychos are.  Not one of them - not her, not Nick, not Dummer, even seem to realize how ridiculous it is for Phyllis to say anything about Jordan and Claire other than "job well done".  Then, to top it all off, both Phyllis and Nick kept referring to Harrison as Dummer's child and only Dummer's child.

Then Show ends with Dummer snotting all over Harrison's favorite stuffed animal.  One more mess for Mrs. Martinez to clean up.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

that scene with Jordan and Harrison was tough to watch. I know it’s just fiction and have no doubt the entire cast (and the kid’s parents) reassured him before and after taping, but it was hard for me as a viewer.

It’s very possible the child actor wasn’t even in the room when “Jordan” said that line. The camera was on the actress.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Danny Romalotti is a joke, the description of him as a prune is spot on.  The dyed and coiffed hair is ridiculous on a man of his age.  I've thought for years that both the character and actor are very effeminate, I don't understand why Christine and Phyllis have fought over this lump for years and years.

The icing on this awful cake is apparently he does the deed in a black wifebeater. Twice we have seen that. 

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I just hope Victor isn't the hero in this.

If there was a betting pool, my money would be on Phyllis to figure out Jordan’s game and rescue little Hassenpfeffer. Crazy knows crazy.

• Like 2
  • Angry 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

It’s very possible the child actor wasn’t even in the room when “Jordan” said that line. The camera was on the actress.

They showed both of them on screen so he was there. He told her he wanted to go home and did a good job of looking upset.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Kyle finally had a moment of clarity as to why Claire/Eve is not asking for anything for herself but it’s still not registering that’s it’s Clair/Eve’s phone and not Claire/Eve.  

Why hasn't Kyle demanded to talk to or video chat with the Hasenpfeffer to establish proof of life?

2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

The icing on this awful cake is apparently he does the deed in a black wifebeater. Twice we have seen that. 

I wish Victor would lend Danny one of his black T-shirts. We did see Danny's back covered with very dark 'freckles' - those things should be checked out by a skin cancer expert.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

They showed both of them on screen so he was there. He told her he wanted to go home and did a good job of looking upset

Yes i understand that there was a point when they were in the same room and I agree that he did a great job acting upset and asking for his parents. I’m just saying that for the specific line about his parents not wanting him they COULD have taken him out of the room while the cameras focused on CZ. My memory is that it was the last line of the scene (I admit I haven’t gone back to rewatch).Or he was there and they just prepped him well. My son did some acting as a kid and it was crazy what you can do with camera angles. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am sick to death of Claire - how has she come on and basically taken over the show? 

Because JG doesn't know how to gradually phase in new characters without overexposing them. Case in point Audra, and now Jordan(NuHarrison will likely follow as they bothered to recast for a reason). At least Audra was entertaining after a while....not to me 100% but meh I'm in the minority. But still, overexposure is overexposure at the end of the day imo. Even if the audience likes a character, they don't need to see them everyday for weeks on end. Certainly not with this dumpster fire writing. 

4 hours ago, boes said:

I don't have any problem with Dummer worrying herself sick about Harrison anymore than I have a problem with her loving the kid.  Considering how insular the Newmans are, I always thought her caring about Harrison the way she did was one of her few admirable qualities.  That group generally gives less than a crap about anyone outside their own circle.

Same here. I think if after she & Kyle broke up and she completely forgot about the kid when he grew attached to her she would be seen as a shitty (ex)stepmom for up and ditching him. Or at least that's how I'd see her. And not for nothing, Kyle more or less stole Harrison from Ashland after the DNA test came back. He wasn't in Harrison's life before that. But if Ashland came back from the dead tomorrow, I highly doubt Kyle would be expected to hand Harrison over to his original father or defer to him at all in terms of parenting. 

Brilliant on all other points as well, even if Harrison was her own flesh & blood, her acting like his kidnapping is only effecting her would still be fucking annoying. Dummer maybe if you told your mother to go fuck herself after she returned from the dead you'd be around Harrison more in the first place.

More to that point, if the writers wanted to force a "sympathetic" Dummer on us, then this would be the time for her to lash out on her mother(and herself)for bringing bad karma on her, and the kid. Instead lashing out on Kyle, and everyone else. Then maybe we could be bothered to give a shit. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

Did Jackie really say to Drinki he's proud of her?  Really?  For what, Jackie?  For Drinki (assumably) driving around drunk, and coming to his house sauced when they're in a crisis.  He ain't helping her, that's for sure.  Eh, they really don't know how to write the alcoholic storyline, do they?  She should be in rehab -- and that's it.  At this point it's too laughably stupid.

So do the show's hair peeps hate Michelle Stafford as much as we hate Phyllis?  Too often, she's got those overly flat-ironed straight strings (like she had today), which is just so unflattering & harsh on her.  But wow, the hair peeps left her with huge gray roots, which stood out like a skunk stripe against the neon pumpkin rest of it.  Mmmm, OK, Michelle, if that's the look you wanna put forward, good luck, hun.  Hey, if Tracey is OK with the tacky hooker look for Lauren she's going with . . .

Cole still looks like a crackhead to me.  New nickname for Cole . . . Crackie?

ED looked really annoyed today that she had to play Boring Ashley.  Thought balloon over ED today -- Ah, for shit's sake, I wanna play Evil/Slutty Ashley cuz that'll get me my Emmy nom -- fuck those writers for making me play this boring crap!

Er, was Pomp all that upset?  He still had time to mousse & gel up his 'do!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Idk, me?  I'm grateful the show spared us from the sight of a shirtless MD.  A long-sleeved shirt would be even more preferable on Danny if we have to suffer thru any more Bug/Danny love scenes, where they're holding each others' faces.  It's pretty nauseous-making so hopefully those scenes will cease -- please, show?

• LOL 6

Drunk Nikki's hair is the best it's been in YEARS! If that's what drinking does to her, she might want to reconsider sobriety. She looked great today sitting with Jagabbit.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, MsMalin said:

When I was a child my brother would tell me my real parents didnt love me so they put me up for adoption and I was not my parents real child. Talk about sibling rivalry!!!😂😂😂

If I were Diane I think I would've had enough and bitch slapped Nikki today. What time was it supposed to the be, like 9 AM?  And was Nikki drunk driving all night? Why is Count Orlok unaware of her whereabouts?

If Jack is not an alcoholic but is a recovering pill addict, is he qualified to be Nikkei sponsor? I would think though they may intersect, there are differences in the 2 addictions that he can't address.  In any event, he is not helping much. He's too soft. For gods sake someone please put her in rehab.  Sorry if I sound heartless but I would be fed up with her. My father was hard core alcoholic and at a certain point your sympathy disappears and you get pissed off.  Today's show was that point for me.

I agree about Jack misrepresenting any version of an AA sponsor. Doesn't he still drink alcohol? Technically he's not even sober. I think if he'd thrown in a reference to attending AA meetings BEFORE Nikki's relapse, collapse, or prolapse, his sponsorship might be more credible. I am wondering if EB is sicker than we think or planning to retire? In that scenario, Jack Abbott would be the only man in GC worthy of squiring the great Nikki Newman. I also.wondered if IRL the mother of the actor formerly playing Harrison might have pulled him from the show, knowing the kidnapping card was about to be played? I can't remember how involved he was in portraying his bio mom Tara disappearing with the Feds, or the death of his faux father Ashton Locke.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, boes said:

There's tone deaf, and then there's those scenes of Dummer with Nick and Phyllis.  Phyllis, the premier psycho momma of southern Wisconsin, the dumpster diver lover, the woman who faked her death and left her children to grieve, THAT person, opines on how horrid the temp psychos are.  Not one of them - not her, not Nick, not Dummer, even seem to realize how ridiculous it is for Phyllis to say anything about Jordan and Claire other than "job well done".  Then, to top it all off, both Phyllis and Nick kept referring to Harrison as Dummer's child and only Dummer's child.

Then Show ends with Dummer snotting all over Harrison's favorite stuffed animal.  One more mess for Mrs. Martinez to clean up.

Ridiculous, Summer didn't even adopt Harrison.  I get that she formed an attachment as his stepmother but for her parents to act like Harrison is her child is ridiculous.

I was away from show for some time.  I know Phyllis faked her death and killed that creep husband of hers.  Then when she resurfaced, I think Daniel was pissed.  Summer seemed ok and I think she hid the secret for some time.  Phyllis tried to frame Diane for murder, wouldn't there have been some kind of conspiracy or obstruction of justice charges filed against her?  Why does everyone in town seem more or less ok with her?  Diane obviously doesn't like her but if I were Diane I would be absolutely livid seeing this woman walking around free every day.

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Phyllis is supposedly doing community service for killing Whats-his-nuts (not sure about any conspiracy charges), but it's happening off-screen like everything else of interest.  Or maybe she thinks paying her debt to society involves paying her tab at Society.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

wondered if IRL the mother of the actor formerly playing Harrison might have pulled him from the show, knowing the kidnapping card was about to be played?

I'd be surprised if that was the reason the role of Harrison was recast. TPTB probably realized they needed a young actor who could speak intelligibly in multiple sentences in a row. The previous little boy was cute but he wasn't bringing much to the table speaking-wise, IMO.

Also, I went back and watched the Jordan and Harrison reveal a couple of times. The camera started on Harrison, then panned to Jordan, and then switched back over to show Harrison cowering. The characters were never in the frame at the same time and the camera work was smooth.

The prevailing theory is that the Harrison parts and the Jordan part of that scene were filmed separately and the young actor likely never heard the awful words Jordan said. But even if he did hear them, he seems old enough to me to understand it's all pretend and he shouldn't take any of it personally.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Ridiculous, Summer didn't even adopt Harrison.  I get that she formed an attachment as his stepmother but for her parents to act like Harrison is her child is ridiculous.

Absolutely, especially since Harrison's biological mother isn't dead and to our knowledge has not relinquished her parental rights. I think this whole thing with Summer going hysterical over "my son" is part of the Emmy bait TPTB are creating for AL. None of it works if everyone isn't pretending Summer's actually Harrison's mommy. They've even got Victor propping the lie now.

I've said it before and I'll say it eleventy zillion more times: they need to bring back Tara to settle the matter once and for all. If there was an issue with the actress who played Tara then recast the role. There are plenty of former soap actresses who I'm sure would be happy to step in, even for a short run.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, lgprimes said:

If there was a betting pool, my money would be on Phyllis to figure out Jordan’s game and rescue little Hassenpfeffer. Crazy knows crazy.

My mind went this route, too, as she has computer skills ( that may be useful for phone taps, video photage)  and may soon be out of a job.  Remember way back when Phylth was in every story (as the star) and solved all the problems in GC?  She found the cell phone in the trash dump and it even had battery left!  And didn't she sove the mystery of who how Diane was killed?

Other money of mine is on grisley grimace Nick-he's killed before and now he really wants to stop Jordan. For good.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So do the show's hair peeps hate Michelle Stafford as much as we hate Phyllis?  Too often, she's got those overly flat-ironed straight strings (like she had today), which is just so unflattering & harsh on her.

Heh, earlier in the week Phyllis was with Daniel at Society and her hair was bone straight. Then, later in the same episode, we saw her in the jazz lounge talking to Nick and her hair had been curled. So before Phyllis went down to the lounge did she stop by the GCAC salon and get her hair did, or did she go to her room and hit it with a curling wand? Inquiring minds...😼

• LOL 11
(edited)

Kyle more or less stole Harrison from Ashland after the DNA test came back.

Yeah and that DNA test is still questionable IMO. Tara and the medical tech (who came to the Abbott manse to get the blood samples from Tara and Harrison) were acting hella suspicious. I've long thought Tara paid the tech to alter the test results. Kyle had his DNA test done separately but odds are the med tech knew most of her cohorts in GC and could've gotten to them with Tara's bribe money. AFAIC, Harrison's real father, if it's not Ashland, is probably Theo or random guy behind door #3.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3