Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, boes said:

Looks like we got part of ED's emmy reel submission out of the way today.  Glad that parts over.

Sorry, but I really can't tell the difference between Original Recipe Ashley and Mean Ashley.  OR Ashley doesn't usually go after Traci so hard, but it's not unheard of, either.  As for Jack and ButtBiscuit, she's been a lot rougher for a lot longer on both of them.  Diane's been a recent target of OR Ashley as well.

If Show really wants to differentiate between OR Ashley and Mean Ashley, we need to see Mean Ashley telling Dom his drum playing sucks, ask Devon if that's his head or the Magic 8 Ball and tell darling daughter Abby to shut her mouth before flies lay eggs in it.

Then, MAYBE, just maybe, we could tell the difference.  Or not.

And maybe, just maybe, as you say @boes, we could be given some of the motivating underlying emotions that are creating (one  Identity of the poorly acted) Ashley's compulsive murderous thoughts about Tucker? Ashley was percolating these thoughts even when he and Audra briefly parted ways. Has JG informed anyone aɓout the "why" of Ashley's homicidal mania surrounding Tucker? At least Auntie Jordan has an excuse.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Has JG informed anyone aɓout the "why" of Ashley's homicidal mania surrounding Tucker?

I think when main Ashley realized Tucker was right about their fight in the Paris bistro, she started wanting to get back together with him. Mean alter Ashley aims to prevent that from happening because she believes Tucker will just hurt Ashley or go after Jabot again. Apparently murder is the only viable solution.

However, I've been wondering how long mean alter Ashley has been lying in wait. Back when Ashley made the big deal about buying Tucker's debt so she could "own" him, it seems to me that may have been mean alter Ashley's influence. Problem is, even after he's been kicked to the ground, Tucker won't stay down.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

@Joimiaroxeu that explains the WHEN but not the WHY. As in what happened to cause her to split in the first place? Perhaps she actually split the first time after the initial car accident and the latest fender bender brought it out again?

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is she now acting like she's barely out of her teens?

Maybe teen alters are contagious.

• LOL 8
19 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Dumb Abby.  She gave up Chasancesome for a real  condescending asshole.

Well that's true as well. I really don't like Devon's or Lily's holier than thou attitudes.

18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ms. Abbott. The kid is Ash. 🙄

Couldn't they come up with better names?

18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, it's so weird what they're doing to Claire and Victoria's ages. When Claire first showed up didn't they say she'd graduated from Wharton? Why is she now acting like she's barely out of her teens? Maybe they don't want Claire to outshine her new mommy. I'm not sure Victoria even has a high school degree.

Pretty sure it's "soap opera rapid aging syndrome." It does tend to be sudden though, ha ha.

LOL. That's right.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I’m so over Claire’s ingenue act. As @Joimiaroxeu pointed out, she has a graduate degree. She’s not some waif right out of high school. She knew exactly what she was doing with Jordan, whether she was manipulated or not. So this whole wide-eyed, wheeee there’s a whole world out there and I get to see it with my MOMMY! Is tiresome. Even the way they’re styling her is much too young and innocent. 

ED is reall6 hamming it up with the alters. 🙄 I remember Billy having DID but don’t recall him ever getting therapy other than Chloe locking him in a room so he couldn’t kill Adam. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I’m so over Claire’s ingenue act. As @Joimiaroxeu pointed out, she has a graduate degree. She’s not some waif right out of high school. She knew exactly what she was doing with Jordan, whether she was manipulated or not. So this whole wide-eyed, wheeee there’s a whole world out there and I get to see it with my MOMMY! Is tiresome. Even the way they’re styling her is much too young and innocent. 

ED is reall6 hamming it up with the alters. 🙄 I remember Billy having DID but don’t recall him ever getting therapy other than Chloe locking him in a room so he couldn’t kill Adam. 

Did she have a graduate degree. I know she has a undergraduate degree for sure. I like her but she is coming off too young. 

• Like 5

What is with the writers making Billy a smart,responsible,wise human suddenly and no longer a fuck up? Today he is the only one to realize it may be DID. 

Calling Sharon was a laugh. Good thing she was closing up CL for the night. And what is happening with her newest business venture?

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Anybody else feel a deep sense of second hand embarrassment for JG scripting Sharon to help Ashley's DID, and the actors who were forced to portray that as being a sane decision? Ashley needed to be taken by her family or law enforcement to an ER and get involuntarily committed to a psych facility. She made homicidal threats. She is being presented as a danger to herself and others. Way beyond the skill set of coffee house barista nouveau corporate mogul Sharon.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10

Wasn't Summer in the jazz lounge earlier with Chance and then later the Newmans?  And wasn't she just having secksay times with Chance up in her hotel room? These never-ending GC days are ridiculous.

Jack, Sharon can't have an objective opinion about Ashley. Did you forget the whole Baby Hope vs. Baby Faith saga? Sharon has personal history with everyone in the room, usually involving one of her past romantic entanglements.

Heh, when they were trying to keep her from leaving, mean alter Ashley should've picked up that imitation Tiffany lamp and started swinging. There had to have been more than two ways out of the Abbott manse, besides the front door or the kitchen.

Diane was right, Ashley needed to go to the hospital ASAP. She was clearly having a major brain malfunction.

Looked to me like Sharon might've had some work done. Her nose was different. Narrower and more pointy. 😼

Traci reminisced that Ashley wanted to grow up to be a professional go-go dancer. As opposed to an amateur go-go dancer, lol?

Wah, wah, wah, Kyle, it's so hard being a nepo baby. Stop deferring to Diane as your mommy, take off the kid gloves, and handle your Jabot bizniz.

Yeah, Billy relating how he'd had DID and was successfully treated for it was a surprise. For once his old sage routine was actually helpful and relevant.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Did she have a graduate degree. I know she has a undergraduate degree for sure.

Yes, Claire has an MBA from Wharton, or at least she claimed she did on her resume when she applied for the job of Nikki's assistant at Newman Media. Early last October she had lunch with Nikki and Audra at Society and they sort of interviewed her. It was mentioned during their conversation. (I was curious so I went back and checked the dialogue transcript.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6

Calling Sharon to help with Sybil’s behavior is like trying to do surgery with a butter knife or putting a band aide on a severed limb. 

We have to agree on Harrison’s nanny Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️?  Since when do you have a say since you don’t have any legal authority in Harrison’s life. Kyle is his father and he can do what he thinks what’s best for Harrison. By the way Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️, mommy dearest could be considered certifiable.  

I don’t know what is worse watching Sybil being psychotic or Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ being a condescending ass hat.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ what made you qualified to run Marchetti?  Another example of how nepotism is held paramount in GC. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wasn't Summer in the jazz lounge earlier with Chance and then later the Newmans?  And wasn't she just having secksay times with Chance up in her hotel room? These never-ending GC days are ridiculous.

Jack, Sharon can't have an objective opinion about Ashley. Did you forget the whole Baby Hope vs. Baby Faith saga? Sharon has personal history with everyone in the room, usually involving one of her past romantic entanglements.

Heh, when they were trying to keep her from leaving, mean alter Ashley should've picked up that imitation Tiffany lamp and started swinging. There had to have been more than two ways out of the Abbott manse, besides the front door or the kitchen.

Diane was right, Ashley needed to go to the hospital ASAP. She was clearly having a major brain malfunction.

Looked to me like Sharon might've had some work done. Her nose was different. Narrower and more pointy. 😼

Traci reminisced that Ashley wanted to grow up to be a professional go-go dancer. As opposed to an amateur go-go dancer, lol?

Wah, wah, wah, Kyle, it's so hard being a nepo baby. Stop deferring to Diane as your mommy, take off the kid gloves, and handle your Jabot bizniz.

Yeah, Billy relating how he'd had DID and was successfully treated for it was a surprise. For once his old sage routine was actually helpful and relevant.

Honest question here though, it feels kind of funny. Don't each of the identities have the disorder? And if it is identity based, wouldn't a person always have it as opposed to having had it once? Seems like it would be have to managed for life, rather than cured? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

ooked to me like Sharon might've had some work done. Her nose was different. Narrower and more pointy.

I'm glad you said that.  her nose did look pointy and {bitch alert}  I was amazed she could open her mouth to speak.  If she has one more lift she'll have a beard.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

What is with the writers making Billy a smart,responsible,wise human suddenly and no longer a fuck up? Today he is the only one to realize it may be DID. 

Calling Sharon was a laugh. Good thing she was closing up CL for the night. And what is happening with her newest business venture?

Today's Show was whipped together using a heapin' helpin' of I Can't Believe It's Not Bullshit!

Because, Blanche, because,

giphy.gif

you're soaking in it.

We all are.

I haven't watched yet, but I hope Sharon brought Ashley some brownies.  Up till now, going by other storylines, the brownies from Crimson Lights have apparently cured everything else.

Somehow I seem to have wiped my memory of ButtBiscuit having DID.  All I remember is him being a huge gum chewing asswipe with blackouts who finally snapped out of it before he snapped, I don't remember him being treated for DID, though apparently he was.  My question is, if treating DID means integrating all the personalities, then after they integrated all of his, he STILL ended up being such a putz?  If that's the case, Ashley is doomed.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
46 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

If she has one more lift she'll have a beard.

Now that would be a truly gruesome image to behold.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I just don't know why they don't have Ashley play Princess Lucy or whatever that game is called. You know...the one that cures depression and mental disorders.  And why hasn't that been prescribed for Conner?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2024 at 11:59 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Calling Audra "the town bicycle"?  I hated that.  Calling her a bimbo?  Gave me a slight giggle.  If she implied Audra's a hooker?  Mmmm, OK, she gives off that impression.  But "the town bicycle"?  Did a male writer come up with that awful insult? 

Ashley knows she's been ridden by Tucker and her nephew Kyle, and probably about Noah too.  In the 1970's, it was mean girls who came up with names like "the town bicycle"

Was Victoria still married to Cole when Eve was born and she was hanging out with Neil?  I.e. was Claire born Eve Newman or Eve Howard?

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I just don't know why they don't have Ashley play Princess Lucy or whatever that game is called. You know...the one that cures depression and mental disorders.  And why hasn't that been prescribed for Conner?

That's brilliant, MsMalin, ab fab brilliant!

If, by chance, it doesn't do the trick, what about calling in Chelz for a dose of her beauty and light?  It's turned ButtBiscuit's life around, according to him.  Failing that, perhaps a piece of delicious Wisconsin cheddar might do the job? 

So many options for Ashley on the Road To Wellness.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Denize said:

Was Victoria still married to Cole when Eve was born and she was hanging out with Neil?  I.e. was Claire born Eve Newman or Eve Howard?

I am super surprised that Neil's name was brought up in regard to the possibility that he would have been a father to her. If I were Claire I would wonder exactly how fucked up everyone is. Cole and Vic were married, she got pregnant and divorced and she was engaged to Neil before she was even born. And now Cole and Victoria are acting like they were a great couple who wanted the baby so badly. Do they have DID too?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mmmmm, OK, Jack, thanks for the great tip -- so if a family member, close friend or neighbor is having an emergency mental health breakdown, we should . . .  what?  Dial Starbucks for any employee to come over quick?

Hey, Jackie, why didn't ya call Mocha Joe?  Maybe he could bring Larry along to inject a little humor into this dark, shitty mess.

Oh no, could ED really be up for a Daytime Emmy for this crappy acting?

Dummer, STFU and leave it to us to tear up Cleve!  Thanks, hun.

So Pomp, are ya really gonna poke the bear?  OK, a mother/son beatdown with Diane might be fun to watch.  I'm in.  But any bets on when he'll start crying if she messes with his hair?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9

could ED really be up for a Daytime Emmy for this crappy acting?

Absolutely. This storyline has Emmy bait written all over it. But MTS is probably also going to be nominated for Nikki's alcoholism vs. Jordan thing. ED and MTS may cancel each other out with the voters. (Plus, I'm reading how a couple of actresses over on B&B will likely be strong contenders as well.)

I am super surprised that Neil's name was brought up in regard to the possibility that he would have been a father to her. If I were Claire I would wonder exactly how fucked up everyone is. Cole and Vic were married, she got pregnant and divorced and she was engaged to Neil before she was even born. And now Cole and Victoria are acting like they were a great couple who wanted the baby so badly. Do they have DID too?

Right? This thing with Victoria, Cole, and Neil has been one of the weirdest retcons I've seen in a while. The way they've roped Neil's corpse into it is almost creepy to me. So is Victoria going to tell Claire that Lily, Devon, and Moses were almost her stepsiblings? Claire almost had a share of Hamilton/Winters in addition to being a Newman heir? It's ridiculous, JG!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't believe there is any rhyme or reason for Ashley's DID. The writers pulled it out of their ass. Trying to make sense of it is more effort than they put into it. I'm sure down the line they'll pull a reason as to why she had it out of their ass too. 

I didn't know Billy had DID either. I don't think I was watching then or I mercifully blocked it out, because only thing worse than ED trying to play DID, is JT playing DID. I guess the dominant personality was that of one who was a scum sucking, step-niece banging, fraudulent, selfish piece of shit. Which is sad for so many reasons. As if handing out businesses to every other character wasn't enough. Now Josh is giving people DID like it's Halloween candy.🙄

I have no problem with Summer's mistrust of Claire(now her opinion of Diane is predictably stupid of her) in fact, not rushing to kiss her weird, awkward ass is about the smartest thing she's ever done. Everything about how Claire is being shoehorned & insta accepted really grinds my gears. Changing history just to accommodate her presence in the story makes her look worse not better. 

Also a good point that was made before is that Claire wasn't raised in some bubble or basement, she has plenty of human interaction with the outside world to know right from wrong. If she never left home, I might understand more. But she & Jordan lived in Oregon and Wharton is in Pennsylvania. Philadelphia to be exact....3,000 fucking miles away. For years. And Claire didn't produce an orginal thought once? She might actually take Summer's place as idiot of the family one day. All the more reason for Summer to be weary & defensive. She's worked hard for that title, and wants to keep it. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No one even considered she might be having a stroke.  And I guess Jack has the new Iphone16 pro that has had the numbers 9 and 1 removed.  Still has Sharon on speed dial, tho.

16 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Seems like it would be have to managed for life, rather than cured? 

Maybe there is a clinic like Connor's where they can teach her how to live with it. Or maybe Daniel could develop a new game (Princess Assley) just for her.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

She might actually take Summer's place as idiot of the family one day. All the more reason for Summer to be weary & defensive. She's worked hard for that title, and wants to keep it. 

Skarzero, your entire post was a thing of beauty but this last bit was the perfect bit of snark with which to start out the day.  Thank you!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

If I was worried about what would happen when Chance and Dummer got involved - which I was not - my concern would have been for Chance losing more of his precious and rare brain cells from being in sustained proximity to a Phyllis offspring.  So far, he's not any dumber than usual and still just as nice to look at.

But Dummer......wow!  One sexy time with Chance and she emerges an even more entitled, judgemental cliche than she was before.  I'm not talking about her concerns about Claire, those are valid whereas her attitude that she's got equal parental rights with Kyle is arguable.  What surprised me was how hostile her attitude to Diane still is and how she thinks her opinion still matters.

One thing Diane has been unequivocal about has been her cheerleading of Dummer, especially Kyle's relationship with her.  Diane has pushed Kyle to give her another chance, to get back together with her, etc., to the point of exhaustion.  While she seems to have finally stopped, she's not ever bashed Dummer or tried to push her out of Kyle's life, far more the opposite.

Which made all the crap she was saying to Kyle about Diane all the more proof that at heart, she's her mother's daughter, all the way.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I don't believe there is any rhyme or reason for Ashley's DID. The writers pulled it out of their ass. Trying to make sense of it is more effort than they put into it. I'm sure down the line they'll pull a reason as to why she had it out of their ass too. 

I didn't know Billy had DID either. I don't think I was watching then or I mercifully blocked it out, because only thing worse than ED trying to play DID, is JT playing DID

Here, here! *slow clap with appreciation*

I think I must have had DID whilst watching during Billy's DID and one of my alters must have blotted it out for my own safety! This whole story line has exceeded Shit Show Defcon 10 level 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just laughed out loud when Nikki praised Victor for teaching her that "with love, anything is possible." Yes, my s/o only owned an auto body shop, unlike our corporation owning master of the universe Victor Newman, who found his wife in a different sort of body shop altogether. Still, Victor's love is so superior to that of my s/o for me, that it gives Nikki the glory of being able to hide flacons of vodka, and then chug-a-lug-lug all day long. I am feeling sort of glad my s/o doesn't love me so much that he's as oblivious as Victor is, to nose up Nikki.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Shit Show Defcon 10

OMG, I cannot breathe. I love this so much I want to buy it a villa in Tuscany.

guess Jack has the new Iphone16 pro that has had the numbers 9 and 1 removed

A) Jack is a simp. B) that's why I stick with Samsung. 😉

• LOL 10
21 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Yes, like he's been responsible for a hot minute? 

I do love though how Mean Ashley clocked the whole Sharon thing with the barista comment. 

20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I get confused too how long a day is in GC. 

Well I guess Sharon is the closest thing to a therapist in GC. After all they only have one cop, 3 lawyers and 1 doctor.

20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes, Claire has an MBA from Wharton, or at least she claimed she did on her resume when she applied for the job of Nikki's assistant at Newman Media. Early last October she had lunch with Nikki and Audra at Society and they sort of interviewed her. It was mentioned during their conversation. (I was curious so I went back and checked the dialogue transcript.)

I remember her mentioning going to university, but don't remember where. And considering she said something with Jordan that she faked a job on her resume and a reference who I assume was Jordan pretending to be her employer, maybe she didn't get her MBA or even go to college. Who knows? Not that it matters in GC anyhow.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Calling Sharon to help with Sybil’s behavior is like trying to do surgery with a butter knife or putting a band aide on a severed limb. 

We have to agree on Harrison’s nanny Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️?  Since when do you have a say since you don’t have any legal authority in Harrison’s life. Kyle is his father and he can do what he thinks what’s best for Harrison. By the way Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️, mommy dearest could be considered certifiable.  

I don’t know what is worse watching Sybil being psychotic or Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ being a condescending ass hat.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ what made you qualified to run Marchetti?  Another example of how nepotism is held paramount in GC. 

Summer is annoying me acting like Miss perfect when we know what a big hypocrite she is. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Absolutely. This storyline has Emmy bait written all over it. But MTS is probably also going to be nominated for Nikki's alcoholism vs. Jordan thing. ED and MTS may cancel each other out with the voters. (Plus, I'm reading how a couple of actresses over on B&B will likely be strong contenders as well.)

Right? This thing with Victoria, Cole, and Neil has been one of the weirdest retcons I've seen in a while. The way they've roped Neil's corpse into it is almost creepy to me. So is Victoria going to tell Claire that Lily, Devon, and Moses were almost her stepsiblings? Claire almost had a share of Hamilton/Winters in addition to being a Newman heir? It's ridiculous, JG!

I feel like that might have happened  last year with the votes being cancelled out  with Melissa and Sharon.

• Like 7

Gah this show is so cheap now. There was a time when events like a 40th anniversary would've been held at the Top of the Tower or the Colonnade Room, not a tiny lounge.

Hey, it's SORASed Harrison! And he doesn't look like an Upper Midwestern surfer boy! They could stand to ease up on his hairstyle though. I thought he looked like he was running for GC Road Sign Commissioner or something.

Summer giving Claire the stinkeye as soon as she saw her. Brrr.

I liked Diane's dress. She seems to be fond of purple lately.

Nikki definitely looked like the aging society matron she is. Upswept 'do, royal blue gown. Not a fan of the ruby ring though. AFAIC the wardrobe people are batting 0 for 2 on the ring front lately.

Sally's dress was fab, I thought. Good color for her. Abby's gown, meh. Pastel color as usual.

Speaking of Abby, I'm surprised she was even invited since both the Newmans and Abbotts seem to forget she exists, ha ha. Wonder if she knows her mommy is in the mental hospital now?

Claire has an interesting back tattoo.

Ew, Lauren no. Looked like something built a nest on your head. I did like her earrings though.

Listen to Cole, Victoria. You really don't want to try to step to Summer over the way she acts toward Claire. Summer will go mama bear all over your bony a$$.

Abby is also a 2nd generation Newman. Seems to me she should've stood up there to make her toast with Adam, Victoria, and Nick.

Was it me or did that one security guard in the jazz lounge sort of resemble OJ Simpson? Accidental timeliness.

Victor told Adam he would take care of things with Connor. What's he gonna do, buy the treatment center and have it moved to GC? Geez, stay out of it, Victor.

Whoa, Summer curved Claire HARD! I felt that humiliation through the TV screen. 😱

So if it wasn't quite past Harrison's bedtime, why wasn't Christian at the party too?  

Re the previews: I'd put my money on Jordan taking Harrison but I wonder how she can sneak into the Abbott house without being noticed?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

And considering she said something with Jordan that she faked a job on her resume and a reference who I assume was Jordan pretending to be her employer, maybe she didn't get her MBA or even go to college.

It'd be relatively easy to fake a single job reference but with a major international company like NE, Claire likely would've had to provide more than one. And lying about her education would be a whole 'nother level of risk. NE's HR department wouldn't have just called a phone number Claire put on her resume, they likely already have direct contacts at all the major universities and colleges across the country. Plus, they would've gotten a copy of her undergrad and graduate transcripts, and/or asked to see her diplomas. Claire's job qualifications ruse would've been easily busted unless Nikki received resumes herself without them being vetted first.

Re today's big party in the jazz lounge, I sure wish Tucker had crashed it. He could've delivered the snarkiest toast ever to Nikki and Victor. But, for some unknown reason Tucker hasn't been allowed to get anywhere near most of the Newmans.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

WTF was Summer wearing???? That isn’t even a good look for someone who HAS boobs, never mind one that doesn’t. And Victoria wasn’t much better. The back (or lack thereof) didn’t match the front at all! I liked the front of Lauren’s dress and I’m a sucker for orange, but the back didn’t quite fit her properly. And Claire, still playing the ingenue with the prim dress and barrettes in her hair 🙄 Abby looked amazing. Not a single misstep! MO is stunning!

Nikki looked nice in royal blue, but the eyes were a bit too dramatic.

Nick in a maroon tux? Michael in light gray looked nice.

would it have killed Nikki to at least be pleasant to Adam for one lousy night? He gave a beautiful toast, apologized to her and praised her. Yet all she could muster was pursed lips and an upturned nose. I just can’t with her.

previews: everyone thinks Claire absconded with Hairyson. I wish it was true, but I suspect it’s going to turn out that Jordan took them both and of course Claire will save the kid and immediately earn Summer’s eternal respect and gratitude, thus cementing her place in the Newman clan.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gah this show is so cheap now. There was a time when events like a 40th anniversary would've been held at the Top of the Tower or the Colonnade Room, not a tiny lounge.

Hey, it's SORASed Harrison! And he doesn't look like an Upper Midwestern surfer boy! They could stand to ease up on his hairstyle though. I thought he looked like he was running for GC Road Sign Commissioner or something.

Summer giving Claire the stinkeye as soon as she saw her. Brrr.

I liked Diane's dress. She seems to be fond of purple lately.

Nikki definitely looked like the aging society matron she is. Upswept 'do, royal blue gown. Not a fan of the ruby ring though. AFAIC the wardrobe people are batting 0 for 2 on the ring front lately.

Sally's dress was fab, I thought. Good color for her. Abby's gown, meh. Pastel color as usual.

Speaking of Abby, I'm surprised she was even invited since both the Newmans and Abbotts seem to forget she exists, ha ha. Wonder if she knows her mommy is in the mental hospital now?

Claire has an interesting back tattoo.

Ew, Lauren no. Looked like something built a nest on your head. I did like her earrings though.

Listen to Cole, Victoria. You really don't want to try to step to Summer over the way she acts toward Claire. Summer will go mama bear all over your bony a$$.

Abby is also a 2nd generation Newman. Seems to me she should've stood up there to make her toast with Adam, Victoria, and Nick.

Was it me or did that one security guard in the jazz lounge sort of resemble OJ Simpson? Accidental timeliness.

Victor told Adam he would take care of things with Connor. What's he gonna do, buy the treatment center and have it moved to GC? Geez, stay out of it, Victor.

Whoa, Summer curved Claire HARD! I felt that humiliation through the TV screen. 😱

So if it wasn't quite past Harrison's bedtime, why wasn't Christian at the party too?  

Re the previews: I'd put my money on Jordan taking Harrison but I wonder how she can sneak into the Abbott house without being noticed?

Most of the fashion was good. I wasn't crazy about Lauren's dress but everyone else was nice. 

I was surprised Abby didn't make a speech either. I am still annoyed they didn't tell (at least I think they didn't) Abby about her mother and how bad her mental health is now. 

I agree that Summer shouldn't trust Claire and want her to be nanny to Harrison but take a note from the rest of her family and at least be polite to her. She was acting like her mom there. She should take it down a notch. 

I was wondering how Jordan can get into the Abbott house unheard and kidnap Harrison and Claire. But she seems to be able to get in most anywhere so who knows??

5 hours ago, boes said:

If I was worried about what would happen when Chance and Dummer got involved - which I was not - my concern would have been for Chance losing more of his precious and rare brain cells from being in sustained proximity to a Phyllis offspring.  So far, he's not any dumber than usual and still just as nice to look at.

But Dummer......wow!  One sexy time with Chance and she emerges an even more entitled, judgemental cliche than she was before.  I'm not talking about her concerns about Claire, those are valid whereas her attitude that she's got equal parental rights with Kyle is arguable.  What surprised me was how hostile her attitude to Diane still is and how she thinks her opinion still matters.

One thing Diane has been unequivocal about has been her cheerleading of Dummer, especially Kyle's relationship with her.  Diane has pushed Kyle to give her another chance, to get back together with her, etc., to the point of exhaustion.  While she seems to have finally stopped, she's not ever bashed Dummer or tried to push her out of Kyle's life, far more the opposite.

Which made all the crap she was saying to Kyle about Diane all the more proof that at heart, she's her mother's daughter, all the way.  

I don't mind that she doesn't like Claire and want her to be nanny to Harrison. I totally get that, but take it down a notch and be polite. I'm sure her family is wondering what is up with her. 

35 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It'd be relatively easy to fake a single job reference but with a major international company like NE, Claire likely would've had to provide more than one. And lying about her education would be a whole 'nother level of risk. NE's HR department wouldn't have just called a phone number Claire put on her resume, they likely already have direct contacts at all the major universities and colleges across the country. Plus, they would've gotten a copy of her undergrad and graduate transcripts, and/or asked to see her diplomas. Claire's job qualifications ruse would've been easily busted unless Nikki received resumes herself without them being vetted first.

Re today's big party in the jazz lounge, I sure wish Tucker had crashed it. He could've delivered the snarkiest toast ever to Nikki and Victor. But, for some unknown reason Tucker hasn't been allowed to get anywhere near most of the Newmans.

Believe me I know that's how they'd do things in real life but this is a soap and they always take short cuts to make things work for their storylines. I do remember though saying something about having to fake the reference and all. 

LOL about Tucker. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The whole TGVN and Nikki throwing a 40th (Ruby) wedding celebration because the first time they married was in 1984 is pathetic - by my count, TGVN has been married to 9 different women, four times to Nikki, twice to Ashley Abbott and twice to Diane Jenkins, which makes it 14 times he's said "I Do," and, so far, the total number of years he's spent married to Nikki adds up to 22.

Was that a new kid playing Harrison, or was it the same kid with a haircut?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

WTF was Summer wearing???? That isn’t even a good look for someone who HAS boobs, never mind one that doesn’t. And Victoria wasn’t much better. The back (or lack thereof) didn’t match the front at all! I liked the front of Lauren’s dress and I’m a sucker for orange, but the back didn’t quite fit her properly. And Claire, still playing the ingenue with the prim dress and barrettes in her hair 🙄 Abby looked amazing. Not a single misstep! MO is stunning!

Nikki looked nice in royal blue, but the eyes were a bit too dramatic.

Nick in a maroon tux? Michael in light gray looked nice.

would it have killed Nikki to at least be pleasant to Adam for one lousy night? He gave a beautiful toast, apologized to her and praised her. Yet all she could muster was pursed lips and an upturned nose. I just can’t with her.

previews: everyone thinks Claire absconded with Hairyson. I wish it was true, but I suspect it’s going to turn out that Jordan took them both and of course Claire will save the kid and immediately earn Summer’s eternal respect and gratitude, thus cementing her place in the Newman clan.

I am sure that Jordan took both of them. I don't know if it was planned but I do know Jordan saw Claire and Harrison together at CL and maybe got the idea when she saw Claire run out after Kyle and Harrison. I am sure Claire will rescue Harrison at her own peril but not death and become a hero.

I could say that Nikki was stressed and was distracted by it all and that's why she was like that but she did give Nick and Victoria a smile of course. So it wouldn't have taken much to fake smile and say thank you though.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

by my count, TGVN has been married to 9 different women

. . . and Queen Nikki is right behind him with 8 ex-husbands, including Jack Abbot, whom she was married to twice - so TGVN has spent 45 years out of his life in one marriage or another, and Nikki has spent 39 years out of her life in one marriage or another.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, Denize said:

Ashley knows she's been ridden by Tucker and her nephew Kyle, and probably about Noah too

🫢

eta:  1.  Lauren/Michael--did you think you were going to a costume party? What's with the inside tux and the neon orange dress {with notable side boobage}?

2.  Nikki==could that nose of yours get any higher when Adam was paying a SINCERE apology/toast. Nobody made a stinky fart.  Sometimes you are just a drunken bitch.  This is one of them.

3.  One more "my baby I adore you" and I would have spit my pizza across the TV screen.

4.  Where was my love turtlenecked Tucker?  The producers had thoroughly  emasculated him.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Speaking of the above, I watched B&B last week for the first time in ages and was struck by the number of complete sets shown in the span of the first 60 seconds. It was about 6 sets and two close ups. And each set was a completely realized room. Now, on Y&R, everyone in GC gets laid in the same room at the GCAC, sits in the same two tables at Crimson Lights, etc.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Well, about the previews...Kyle is really gonna catch shite from Snowflake because it's all his fault that Cleve ran off with Harrison. {Not.}  And they were getting along so well lately.

Fashion Police Alert. Summer looked like she was disguised as an extruded can of jellied cranberry sauce. Holy Thanksgiving !!

• LOL 13

What did you notice about Chance and Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️walking down the stairs?  No not Summmer❄️❄️❄️❄️’s ugly dress. It was Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ walking behind Chance like he’s more important than her. If Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ tripped he wouldn’t even noticed until she fell on top of him. What a gentleman. Now what did you notice about Harrison?  First he’s got a haircut and second the actor playing Harrison has been recast. 

Why am I not surprised Harrison was the only grandchild at the celebration?  Why am I not surprised by Harrison being there would only further the plot to keep the Auntie Jordan story alive.  I for one, would be very upset if this Claire/ Eve’s doing and has nothing to do with  Auntie Jordan. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I actually can't believe I'm saying this but Mop and Dick looked good.

Holy bejeezus! Way to make the women on this show look like a gaggle of hags Josh! 

Sally looked like an overly spackled, overly spray tanned extra on the Carol Burnett Show. Summer looked like a quasi expensive hooked in that get up. Lauren, oh Lauren, where do I start? Lauren looked like a poor man's Ann Margaret guesting on The Flip Wilson Show. 😳  Drinkki, man someone really hates MTS! She looked about 20 years older than she is, it looked like the make up gun was set to 'Hag'. She's a pretty woman, how can they make her up so shittily? Cole still looks like a high class junkie. Why the hell don't they just shave his dam cheeks?!? NuHarrison looks younger than OGHarrison and just as mute. Why did they recast that kid only to replace him with yet another child who just sits there and stares off camera??? Adam, way to make your father's anniversary about YOU, asshole. No wonder your kids psych team thinks you're a toxic parent. Dummer: Everything I learned about love Iearned from you two. 😆 Abby looked like Ms. Georgia vying for the Mrs. America title. *Cue the Neil Winters blather* Chance has zero rhythm, just saying. And what in the gd hell was that in Sally's hair?!? I love how Drinkki, GCs most illustrious drunk, has time to turn her snobby nose up even more than usual when Sally is near. If she turned her nose up any more she'd drown in the rain like a turkey. *gobble gobble* 

Love how PeePaw's security team has nobody OUTSIDE the venue. WTAF? Can Big Red just run over Jordan already so we can be done with this travesty? Mmmkay? 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 12

I was surprised they remembered to invite Abby to the party. Perhaps they thought of Neil since the venue was the jazz lounge and invited Devon, only to realize - oh yeah, his girlfriend is a Newman. We should invite her too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

Actually, I kinda liked the use of various colors of the dresses.  Nothing was truly hideous (altho a few came perilously close).  Styles ranged from ho-hum to meh to unflattering.

Sally's green thing had some kinda lump growing on her shoulder.  Beautiful color, but WTF with that lump?  Nikki's dress was a gorgeous color, but was cut too low in front & was totally shapeless.  Made her look like a sparkly blue-green blob.  Summer's dress was a pretty color, but so unflattering on her.  Diane's dress was a very nice color, but we've seen that style a zillion times.  Abby's, Vic's & Claire's dresses were unmemorable colors & styles --- zzzzzz.

And Lauren, oh Lauren, who dressed you, RuPaul?  She looked so outlandish, in a Marilyn Monroe dress & a Dolly Parton wig.  She kept stumbling over the bottom of the dress.  And her boobs looked enormous!  I don't remember her having such giganto boobs -- were they rented for the night or did TEB have them done -- maybe to celebrate her 10,000th visit to her plastic surgeon?

New Harrison was the best dressed male.  Btw, will he be in high school by next month?  Devon looked absolutely tiny.  Michael's tux jacket was pulling & looked poorly fitted.

And the jewelry?  Well, Nikki's diamond necklace was stunning!  The prob is, with an intricate piece like that, it's hard to appreciate on even a big screen TV, let alone a much smaller device.  Same goes for the ring -- cuz a Burma ruby of that size could go for a half mil or more.  The color was looking dark so it didn't seem too impressive.  Nikki's diamond earrings & bracelet were interesting shapes, not often seen, but again, hard to appreciate thru TV & other devices.  Now, Lauren had on really unusual & beautiful earrings.

So nobody on that top-notch security team noticed the weird, shabby little "man" lurking right outside, constantly peering in & talking to "himself"?  Ah, the best Vic can get in GC, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

The whole TGVN and Nikki throwing a 40th (Ruby) wedding celebration because the first time they married was in 1984 is pathetic - by my count, TGVN has been married to 9 different women, four times to Nikki, twice to Ashley Abbott and twice to Diane Jenkins, which makes it 14 times he's said "I Do," and, so far, the total number of years he's spent married to Nikki adds up to 22.

Was that a new kid playing Harrison, or was it the same kid with a haircut?

I thought the same thing. They should have calculated how many of those 40 years they have been married to each other ... more like their 13th anniversary.

New kid playing Harrison looks like he could be related to Connor.

Victor's idea of helping Connor will probably be a wing of GC Memorial for Connor, Ashley & Jordan.

I'm surprised Jack didn't invite Victor to Ashley's intervention.  And didn't she have an aneurysm when Dr. Silverhair was in town, in addition to her two mental breakdowns?  Diane was right, Ashley needed a medical check.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Denize said:

Diane was right, Ashley needed a medical check.

She did -- instead she got someone who could get her a cappuccino & a muffin.  Thanks a lot Jack, what a caring bro you are!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

GLORIOUS ENDURING LOVE!  Seriously, Lauren?  WTF? Aren't you in Los Angeles right now dancing on Sheila's grave? 

Ooofah, the whole party was...a lot.  Devon said that everyone in that room felt the power of Nikki's and Victor's love.  Diane may beg to differ. 

Abby seems blissfully unaware of her mother's plight. Nobody ever tells her anything.  Weren't the Abbott's supposed to get Ashley to a hospital that morning?  She's been asleep now for 24 hours.  I think that's called a coma.

New Harrison is more catatonic than the first one.

How nice of Victor to invite his old pal Toulouse-Lautrec.  Not sure why he was waiting outside, though.  I guess the post-impressionist always rings twice.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 15