Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Burma ruby of that size could go for a half mil or more.  The color was looking dark so it didn't seem too impressive. 

I thought the same thing! It looked like a shitty quality dark garnet, not a high quality ruby.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

How nice of Victor to invite his old pal Toulouse-Lautrec.  Not sure why he was waiting outside, though.  I guess the post-impressionist always rings twice.

Brilliant, Snaporaz, just brilliant!  

Auntie J's new disguise made me jump back from the tv.  A good looking man, she is not.  I think she must have based her new disguise on what Nick looks like when he wakes up in the morning before his Nair body bath and banana enema.  

2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I thought the same thing! It looked like a ahitty quality dark garnet, not a high quality ruby.

Now, now, our Grampire Victor squeezes those gems out right after his high colonic, just for Baby and their party celebrating 40 years of unexplained rashes and midnight runs to Liquor Barn.  

Theirs is not a love that dare not speak its name, it's a love that never shuts the fuck up.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
(edited)
12 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Lauren looked like a poor man's Ann Margaret guesting on The Flip Wilson Show. 😳  

Now that was reference I was not expecting! 😂  All that was missing was Moms Mabley. 

Edited by MsMalin
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Claire has an interesting back tattoo.

Continuity Rant:  No way, unless she has a matching one, would Auntie Jordan allow Claire to have any tattoo.  Come on, wardrobe, cover that shit up.

Ew, Lauren no.

Side boob!  Eewwwww.  (Is there an actual wardrobe department and someone in charge?  See above)

So if it wasn't quite past Harrison's bedtime, why wasn't Christian at the party too?  

Especially since Christian has a blood relationship with the celebrants (uh, grandson) and Hairyson has none since Dummer is NOT his MOTHER and Kyle is only Viktor's son on paper that has long since burst into flames.

18 hours ago, Sake614 said:

previews: everyone thinks Claire absconded with Hairyson. I wish it was true, but I suspect it’s going to turn out that Jordan took them both and of course Claire will save the kid and immediately earn Summer’s eternal respect and gratitude, thus cementing her place in the Newman clan.

The set up seems to indicate it.  If Viktor's Crack(head) Security team was a wee bit smarter, they would have had some people outside the GCAC watching who goes in.  Although, given their track record, I think they would have overlooked a minor English lord out for a drive in downtown GC.  My mind went to possibly being Bad Assley who woke up/Houdini-ed her handcuffs and planned on blaming it on Tucker OR Teen Ass who wanted to save them from Ms. Ashley and/or Jordan.  Whatever, the stories are getting so dumb that my only recourse to enjoying any of them is to illogically overlap them.

18 hours ago, Js Nana said:

The whole TGVN and Nikki throwing a 40th (Ruby) wedding celebration because the first time they married was in 1984 is pathetic - by my count, TGVN has been married to 9 different women, four times to Nikki, twice to Ashley Abbott and twice to Diane Jenkins, which makes it 14 times he's said "I Do," and, so far, the total number of years he's spent married to Nikki adds up to 22.

Was that a new kid playing Harrison, or was it the same kid with a haircut?

When I saw the Wedding Photo behind them I wanted there to be one for each year they remarried.  I liked that Diane brought up his other marriages.

That can't be the same kid-this one can actually talk to the other characters-not his mom/handler off stage.  I find him annoying too, tho.

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

How nice of Victor to invite his old pal Toulouse-Lautrec.  Not sure why he was waiting outside, though.  I guess the post-impressionist always rings twice.

I love this.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, surfgirl said:

. Lauren, oh Lauren, where do I start? Lauren looked like a poor man's Ann Margaret guesting on The Flip Wilson Show

She's a beautiful woman,, but she should take a page from Diane's book and find herself a classy stylist.  Not the same, but find out what colors/style suits her. Because her tin foil dresses just make her look cheap.

What's with the producers when it comes to parties?  90% pf them show up wearing various colors sprayed onto aluminum foil.

Even after a pot of tea I am STILL a bitch.!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Continuity Rant:  No way, unless she has a matching one, would Auntie Jordan allow Claire to have any tattoo.  Come on, wardrobe, cover that shit up.

That's what I thought too. Maybe Claire got her tattoo when she went away to college. It looked kind of faded though so IRL the actress has probably had it longer than what would make sense for Claire.

Side boob!  Eewwwww.

And it was actually worse. If you look at her photo on Worn on TV you can clearly make out her perky nips. So, either she wasn't wearing a bra or she was wearing a thin, sheer one. Lauren, hon, ain't nobody trying to see that, at least not on a woman your age.

Especially since Christian has a blood relationship with the celebrants (uh, grandson) and Hairyson has none since Dummer is NOT his MOTHER and Kyle is only Viktor's son on paper that has long since burst into flames.

Say it louder so the people in the back can hear! I just rolled my eyes when Kyle said he only came to the party because Harrison wanted to. What sensible adult is inviting a child to a nighttime party in a nightclub?

What's with the producers when it comes to parties?  90% pf them show up wearing various colors sprayed onto aluminum foil.

Sigh, the sparkly dress fad will never go away. Especially since the Y&R wardrobe people seem to buy dresses from a season or three back.

Diane's dress was a very nice color, but we've seen that style a zillion times.

Yes, I was surprised to see her in that dress. I actually thought she had worn it before but I guess not. Still though, I can appreciate how Diane has found a style which works well for her and she sticks with it. There seems to have been a noticeable downgrade in the quality of Diane's wardrobe, however, in recent months.

the ring -- cuz a Burma ruby of that size could go for a half mil or more.

Wow, I would've never guessed! The ring looked tacky and cheap to me, like what someone would wear if they were trying too hard to look fancy.

Cole still looks like a high class junkie.

Yep, when he moved to Los Angeles to write his book he became a cokehead. I'd put money on it. 😼

Chance has zero rhythm, just saying.

Well, I'm sure he makes up for it in other ways. Chance probably has great rhythm in certain horizontal positions, if my drift is caught. 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

the ring -- cuz a Burma ruby of that size could go for a half mil or more.

I didn't get a close up of the ring; but you know Victor has a "million dollar spoiling his baby" fund

eta:  we just had our 40th {with the same partners} and I got a one carat Mossonite solitaire }which I asked for}; went to a steakhouse and had a couple of drinks with our non-catered meal..

No one stood around and clapped when we walked in.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I didn't get a close up of the ring; but you know Victor has a "million dollar spoiling his baby" fund

eta:  we just had our 40th {with the same partners} and I got a one carat Mossonite solitaire }which I asked for}; went to a steakhouse and had a couple of drinks with our non-catered meal..

No one stood around and clapped when we walked in.

Happy Anniversary!!  40 years deserves a round of applause, especially if both of you can still be located within the same state.  In the same steakhouse, that sounds pretty sweet to me.  AND he gets you a gift you wanted, too!

Congratulations, One Tough Cookie, to you and yours!!

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Sally's green thing had some kinda lump growing on her shoulder.  Beautiful color, but WTF with that lump?  

First thought was that was an iguana perched on her shoulder. Kept waiting for it to perk up and catch a bug out of her hair.

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

Happy Anniversary!!  40 years deserves a round of applause, especially if both of you can still be located within the same state.  In the same steakhouse, that sounds pretty sweet to me.  AND he gets you a gift you wanted, too!

Congratulations, One Tough Cookie, to you and yours!!

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Thanks!  I thin k one of the reasons we've lasted is the fact that we have separate bedrooms!

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Seriously, what the ever-lovin' fuck is going on with the inconsistent writing of characters here?

JG must not have figured out how to program the AI properly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
(edited)

All those sparkly dresses were hurting my eyes.  Hey show, there are other fabrics out there for formal-wear that don't contain sparkles -- just an FYI!

Idk, Sally's hair reminds me of my sis having that same color for a few months, maybe 20 years ago.  She had to re-color every 2 weeks to maintain -- EEK! 

Poor Sally . . .  she has to re-color her hair every other week & stand next to (& listen to) that dreary, self-absorbed creep.  Which one, you ask?  Take your pick of thousands GC has to offer.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think that Sally and Lauren are th most poorly styled women on this show.  And that is saying something! Not just for galas and parties; but also for everyday living.  Tacky, cheap-looking, ill-fitting (mostly skin tight) clothes especially; but hair and makeup look street-walker-ish.  I think the Sally actress had the same hair and makeup on B&B? 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Well, we all look better in pictures from 7 years ago but Y&R Sally disappointed me. The harsh makeup doesn't do anything for her. And her hair was softer. 

Eta: wardrobe was all over the place for her, from casual cute to streetwalker designer chic. 🤷‍♀️

Okay, the image I tried to link to didn't work. Here's a screenshot of one from the B&B fan wiki:

Screenshot_20240414_123827.thumb.jpg.e7ad199147d146a87f68b91610b4e989.jpg

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Now this is the convo I wanted to hear at the party btw Diane & Pomp-

Pomp:  Hi Mom, your dress is tacky & you look stupid.

Diane:  Hi Son, your hair looks like shit.

Pomp:  Wah!  Wah!  Wah!   And runs away with Harrison 2 (or is it 3 or 4 or 5?) in tow & Cleve chasing not far behind.  Thought balloon over Cleve -- He better give me a better ring than that cheap-looking, shitty thing Vic gave to Drinki.

Prediction:  June wedding for Pomp & Cleve -- while Dummer is making pouty faces at the wedding cuz she's bored silly with Chance.  Thought balloon over Dummer -- OMG, I'm so sick of this guy's dumbness & his open-mouth hangdog shtick -- while she's making goggly eyes at Larry the Bodyguard . . . 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Summer is not Harrison’s mom and she’s not his stepmom anymore. Kyle shouldn’t be bringing him around her. 

I don't know anything at all about Kyle, Summer and Harrison or his bio mom but if she was there for him as a mother figure as an infant or toddler, treating her as a co-parent until he's old enough to understand seems like a good thing?

Feelings of abandonment can be just as real and hurtful when it's a step-parent who disappears. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 3
54 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I don't know anything at all about Kyle, Summer and Harrison or his bio mom but if she was there for him as a mother figure as an infant or toddler, treating her as a co-parent until he's old enough to understand seems like a good thing?

Feelings of abandonment can be just as real and hurtful when it's a step-parent who disappears. 

He’ll probably have several more stepmoms before he graduates high school. Maybe even Claire!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11

Harrison was old enough when Tara went away for him still to remember her now. And apparently he does remember her and knows Summer is not his bio-mom. This thing Summer and Kyle are perpetuating wrt letting her act like she's his mother is IMO mostly for her benefit. Summer has no legal claim to Harrison and that's why I want Tara to come back and settle the issue once and for all. If she decides to relinquish her parental rights then, okay.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/13/2024 at 2:17 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Well, I'm sure he makes up for it in other ways. Chance probably has great rhythm in certain horizontal positions, if my drift is caught. 😉

Great rhythm relies on two things. They are the angle of the dangle and pulling out on time 😉

• Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

Well, we all look better in pictures from 7 years ago but Y&R Sally disappointed me. The harsh makeup doesn't do anything for her. And her hair was softer. 

Eta: wardrobe was all over the place for her, from casual cute to streetwalker designer chic. 🤷‍♀️

Okay, the image I tried to link to didn't work. Here's a screenshot of one from the B&B fan wiki:

Screenshot_20240414_123827.thumb.jpg.e7ad199147d146a87f68b91610b4e989.jpg

She looks s o much happier and softer in that pic.  Why did the producers turn her into a brassy haired sad sac?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

She looks s o much happier and softer in that pic.  Why did the producers turn her into a brassy haired sad sac?

Continuity? TPTB totally trashed her character before they wrote her off B&B. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I doubt that Eve can be Harrison's nanny/step-mother, etc.  The way Show has aged her backwards, she will be too busy on the cheer squad and going to prom.

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I doubt that Eve can be Harrison's nanny/step-mother, etc.  The way Show has aged her backwards, she will be too busy on the cheer squad and going to prom.

Maybe she's doing a Y&R remake of "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead", with Auntie J's help, of course.

Fun for the whole family!

• LOL 10

I really hope Abby hasn't yet been told about her mom's problems because if she knows and still went to that farce of an anniversary party instead of going to help Traci with her mom that is just gross. Why wouldn't Jack have pulled her aside and informed her? Oh yeah, he's too busy giving a stupid speech to Victor & Nikki. Ugh.

Also, every time V&N go on about their great 40 year love (HA!) I keep flashing back to a memory of a scene in Mexico where Victor yelled at Nikki "I wish you were dead!" During some massive rainstorm. Am I the only one who remembers that? I think it was during a time Victor was "missing and presumed dead". Maybe I'm the one who needs to talk it out with "Dr" Sharon and straighten out my memories.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 10:53 PM, Snaporaz said:

She's been asleep for 24 hours. I think that’s called a coma.

And, now apparently sleeping through Kyle’s freak out about Harrison being missing! Did Mrs. Martinez slip something into her tea?

Could Nick be any more nonchalant about Phyllis crashing the party that was supposed to have high-level security?? Didn’t go yell at them, didn’t warn his parents… just a shrug. Nice going Bozo.

And just to make a Monday worse, looks like two thirds of the worst, most difficult to watch love triangle ever are NOT going out of town. Which will serve to encourage Phyllis and keep this storyline going. Shoot me now… can TPTB not hear us all begging for this to be dropped? Please??

Edited by lgprimes
Typo
  • Like 12
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, pvandal said:

Maybe I'm the one who needs to talk it out with "Dr" Sharon

A belief that "Dr" Sharon is actually a functioning psychologist is the first sign that you are in deep doo-doo head space wise.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

What a party it would have been if all of TGVN and Queen Nikki's ex-spouses had shown up at their 40th celebration:

Julia Newman (married TGVN 1970: 54th anniversary)

Leanna Love (married TGVN 1988: 36th anniversary)

Ashley Abbott (first marriage TGVN: 1990: 34th anniversary)

Meggie McClaine (married TGVN 2010: 14th anniversary)

Sharon Newman (married TGVN 2012: 12th anniversary)

Diane Jenkins (first marriage TGVN 1997: 27th anniversary) was in attendance with her current husband, Jack Abbott (1st marriage Queen Nikki 1990: 34th anniversary), was there, but, of course, Hope Wilson (married TGVN 1994) and Sabrina Costelana (married TGVN 2008) couldn't be there as they have predeceased TGVN.

Greg Foster (married Queen Nikki 1979: 45th anniversary)

Kevin Bancroft (married Queen Nikki 1982: 42nd anniversary)

Deacon Sharpe (married Queen Nikki 2011: 13th anniversary)

Jack Abbott (1st marriage Queen Nikki 1990: 34th anniversary) was in attendance with his current wife, Diane Jenkins, an ex-wife of TGVN (first marriage TGVN 1997: 27th anniversary), but, sadly, these ex-husbands of Queen Nikki couldn't be there, as they have predeceased her: Tony DiSalvo (married Queen Nikki 1983), Joshua Landers (married Queen Nikki 1996), David Chow (married Queen Nikki 2008)

Suggestion to writers: Spice things up by having Meggie McClaine escape from prison so that there's not just one psycho stalking the Newmans, but two - if Auntie Jordan can slip through the bars of every prison that's held her, why can't MM?

I'm waiting for the explanation, if there is one, as to how Auntie Jordan could carry-off not just Claire/Eve, but Harrison as well.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Can hardly wait to see Auntie Jaunty getting Eve and Harrison down the steps of Abbott mansion, and out of the front door for transport, lol. Is she going to drag them down by their legs, or hair? Clunk, clunk, clunk. Will she do a fireman's blanket carry rescue? I won't be surprised if the next time I tune in that the whole "grand escape" has happened off screen, and they are all ensconced somewhere on one of the show's lost sets. A place that's abandoned, decrepit, and desolate, where no one has gone to for at least a year.....Like the Grand Phoenix?

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, pvandal said:

Also, every time V&N go on about their great 40 year love (HA!) I keep flashing back to a memory of a scene in Mexico where Victor yelled at Nikki "I wish you were dead!" During some massive rainstorm. Am I the only one who remembers that? I think it was during a time Victor was "missing and presumed dead". Maybe I'm the one who needs to talk it out with "Dr" Sharon and straighten out my memories.

No you are not the only one. Every time they start with their love of a lifetime soulmate bullshit I remember that scene. It is one of those that is etched in my memory and the reason why I always say their relationship is toxic. I would never ever wish my husband dead. Never.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

Did I miss Jordan carjacking someone? You can't take an unconscious person and kid in an uber.

Don't this billionaires have ring door bells or security cameras?

I just could not take Christine's nasally whining today about her having to choose between going on tour with Lumpface or defending some poor dumb schmuck who thinks she is the second coming of Johnny Cochrane.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I would never ever wish my husband dead.

Then you can't be married to Victor the Great, emperor of Newmania.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
On 4/12/2024 at 9:33 PM, Denize said:

I was surprised they remembered to invite Abby to the party. Perhaps they thought of Neil since the venue was the jazz lounge and invited Devon, only to realize - oh yeah, his girlfriend is a Newman. We should invite her too.

LOL I know right. If they didn't invite her, they'd have to tell her about her mother and they don't want to do that.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:39 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Actually, I kinda liked the use of various colors of the dresses.  Nothing was truly hideous (altho a few came perilously close).  Styles ranged from ho-hum to meh to unflattering.

Sally's green thing had some kinda lump growing on her shoulder.  Beautiful color, but WTF with that lump?  Nikki's dress was a gorgeous color, but was cut too low in front & was totally shapeless.  Made her look like a sparkly blue-green blob.  Summer's dress was a pretty color, but so unflattering on her.  Diane's dress was a very nice color, but we've seen that style a zillion times.  Abby's, Vic's & Claire's dresses were unmemorable colors & styles --- zzzzzz.

And Lauren, oh Lauren, who dressed you, RuPaul?  She looked so outlandish, in a Marilyn Monroe dress & a Dolly Parton wig.  She kept stumbling over the bottom of the dress.  And her boobs looked enormous!  I don't remember her having such giganto boobs -- were they rented for the night or did TEB have them done -- maybe to celebrate her 10,000th visit to her plastic surgeon?

New Harrison was the best dressed male.  Btw, will he be in high school by next month?  Devon looked absolutely tiny.  Michael's tux jacket was pulling & looked poorly fitted.

And the jewelry?  Well, Nikki's diamond necklace was stunning!  The prob is, with an intricate piece like that, it's hard to appreciate on even a big screen TV, let alone a much smaller device.  Same goes for the ring -- cuz a Burma ruby of that size could go for a half mil or more.  The color was looking dark so it didn't seem too impressive.  Nikki's diamond earrings & bracelet were interesting shapes, not often seen, but again, hard to appreciate thru TV & other devices.  Now, Lauren had on really unusual & beautiful earrings.

So nobody on that top-notch security team noticed the weird, shabby little "man" lurking right outside, constantly peering in & talking to "himself"?  Ah, the best Vic can get in GC, eh?

The only dresses I really didn't like were Summer's and Lauren's, but a few were just ok.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Starting the week off with BlueFang❄️ is the harbinger of a fully fucked up week in GC.  

There is a saying in the business world that things get fucked up but it takes a computer to really fuck things up. I extend that terminology to BlueFang🕷️because she really loved to fuck things up.  

Have you ever heard of a security team who looks but doesn’t see?  Victor’s security team is the quintessential example of that statement.  Of course Victor’s fantastic most wonderful security team would allow BlueFang🕷️to crash the party. The evening would not be complete without the BlueFang🕷️of happiness spreading joy to the lounge (Caw Caw). 

If I was Christine I would rather sit in a boring courtroom than listening to a boring concert.  Since when is Christine such a fantastic lawyer that she’s the only lawyer that could defend this person?  

Does Auntie Jordan have a personal cloaking device or a transporter?  Is Auntie Jordan a power lifter?  How is Auntie Jordan able to carry an unconscious Claire/Eve and possibly an unconscious Harrison out of the house without being seen. For that matter, how did she get into the Abbott Mansion in the first place.  Isn’t it convenient that Traci and Sybil were not home?  Soap opera or not, this is complete and utter bull shit. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Starting the week off with BlueFang❄️ is the harbinger of a fully fucked up week in GC.  

There is a saying in the business world that things get fucked up but it takes a computer to really fuck things up. I extend that terminology to BlueFang🕷️because she really loved to fuck things up.  

Have you ever heard of a security team who looks but doesn’t see?  Victor’s security team is the quintessential example of that statement.  Of course Victor’s fantastic most wonderful security team would allow BlueFang🕷️to crash the party. The evening would not be complete without the BlueFang🕷️of happiness spreading joy to the lounge (Caw Caw). 

If I was Christine I would rather sit in a boring courtroom than listening to a boring concert.  Since when is Christine such a fantastic lawyer that she’s the only lawyer that could defend this person?  

Does Auntie Jordan have a personal cloaking device or a transporter?  Is Auntie Jordan a power lifter?  How is Auntie Jordan able to carry an unconscious Claire/Eve and possibly an unconscious Harrison out of the house without being seen. For that matter, how did she get into the Abbott Mansion in the first place.  Isn’t it convenient that Traci and Sybil were not home?  Soap opera or not, this is complete and utter bull shit. 

I FF through Christine, Danny and Phyllis, so whatever they do, I don't know and I don't care. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm putting an APB Bulletin for Sally Spectra.  Her dress was horrendous. The color wasn't bad, but OMG the style and fabric were crimes against fashion. She is to be apprehended upon sight, black bra or no black bra.

1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

What a party it would have been if all of TGVN and Queen Nikki's ex-spouses had shown up at their 40th celebration:

Julia Newman (married TGVN 1970: 54th anniversary)

Leanna Love (married TGVN 1988: 36th anniversary)

Ashley Abbott (first marriage TGVN: 1990: 34th anniversary)

Meggie McClaine (married TGVN 2010: 14th anniversary)

Sharon Newman (married TGVN 2012: 12th anniversary)

Diane Jenkins (first marriage TGVN 1997: 27th anniversary) was in attendance with her current husband, Jack Abbott (1st marriage Queen Nikki 1990: 34th anniversary), was there, but, of course, Hope Wilson (married TGVN 1994) and Sabrina Costelana (married TGVN 2008) couldn't be there as they have predeceased TGVN.

Greg Foster (married Queen Nikki 1979: 45th anniversary)

Kevin Bancroft (married Queen Nikki 1982: 42nd anniversary)

Deacon Sharpe (married Queen Nikki 2011: 13th anniversary)

Jack Abbott (1st marriage Queen Nikki 1990: 34th anniversary) was in attendance with his current wife, Diane Jenkins, an ex-wife of TGVN (first marriage TGVN 1997: 27th anniversary), but, sadly, these ex-husbands of Queen Nikki couldn't be there, as they have predeceased her: Tony DiSalvo (married Queen Nikki 1983), Joshua Landers (married Queen Nikki 1996), David Chow (married Queen Nikki 2008)

Suggestion to writers: Spice things up by having Meggie McClaine escape from prison so that there's not just one psycho stalking the Newmans, but two - if Auntie Jordan can slip through the bars of every prison that's held her, why can't MM?

I'm waiting for the explanation, if there is one, as to how Auntie Jordan could carry-off not just Claire/Eve, but Harrison as well.

Thank you for the marital rundown.  You must have eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome.

The whole site claps in appreciation.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

And just to make a Monday worse, looks like two thirds of the worst, most difficult to watch love triangle ever are NOT going out of town. Which will serve to encourage Phyllis and keep this storyline going. Shoot me now… can TPTB not hear us all begging for this to be dropped? Please??

My theory on this stubbornness of the writers to push this cringey, painful-to-watch storyline is laziness on their part, pure & simple.  The writers wanna repeat storylines from 30 years ago.  Maybe even the same exact lines from eps from 30 years ago. 

I'm waiting for the elderly, craggy self-described "musician" to sleep with Phyllis & then she'll tell us she's preggers.  Yeah, clearly the writers think we're that stupid . . .

Ah, there's Christine doing her predictable shtick of whining & crying, whining & crying, whining & crying.  Rinse, lather & repeat.  Remind me again why is she back?  Oh yeah, cough, cough, nepo baby, cough, cough.

13 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I'm putting an APB Bulletin for Sally Spectra.  Her dress was horrendous. The color wasn't bad, but OMG the style and fabric were crimes against fashion. She is to be apprehended upon sight, black bra or no black bra..

Well, I don't think Larry the bodyguard would let any of the ladies in unless they had sparkles.  Clearly, it was a requirement & maybe only a few were able to slip by cuz Larry is kinda cute, but man, he's a really shitty bodyguard. 

The only thing that bothered me about Sally's dress was that lump on her shoulder.  Made me wonder what was worse -- listening to Adam's never-ending depressing bullshit or carrying around that lump on her shoulder.  Looked heavy & painful.  Oh, and the color of her dress reminded me to mow my lawn . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

The whole site claps in appreciation.

Today was Patriots Day (aka "Marathon Monday") in Massachusetts and the 128th running of the Boston Marathon, so I took turns looking up Victor and Nikki's individual marital history in between time spent cheering on marathoners, as I live just around the corner from its route - a beautiful day to be outdoors here in Mass. - one inspirational story from today's marathon: Eden Rainbow-Cooper (Great Britain, 22 years old) won the women's wheelchair race in 1:35:11 using a racing chair loaner and with her expenses covered by funds raised by family and friends, rather than by a corporate sponsor.

12 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

whining & crying

Pissing and moaning, pissing and moaning, that's all she ever does.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Today was Patriots Day (aka "Marathon Monday") in Massachusetts and the 128th running of the Boston Marathon

Glad you had a great day.  I can never think of it without associating it with the terrorists.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 3

Velvet tuxedoes in the springtime. Ehhh, fashion don't. Sorry, Harrison, your daddy should've known better.

NuHarrison talks, clearly and in multiple sentences. It's a whole new world!  🥳

One would think someone driving down the street in front of the GCAC would've noticed some weirdly-dressed old guy lurking in the shadows near the front door. And called 9-1-1. He could've been a mugger.

Danny. Of course Christine wants to pursue her professional opportunities instead of following you around the world as your personal tour groupie/concubine. Stop lowkey trying to guilt her. 🤬

I think NuHarrison resembles the kid who was in Love, Actually back in 2003.

Phyllis has decided to quit C-W in solidarity with Daniel and Heather. Oh boy, here comes trouble.

So the Newmans' twu luv has cured Nikki of her alcoholism? Girl, bye. The pint of vodka in your clutch bag says nah.

I think the lump thing at the top of Sally's sleeve was an oversized shoulder pad, circa 1930s or 1980s styles. Or maybe she borrowed it from one of the Green Bay Packers, tee hee.

That was a rough story Claire told Kyle about her childhood with Jordan. But why was she looking at him like she wondered if he'd bought it?

Harrison has an interesting bedroom. And by "interesting" I mean: Martha Stewart would plotz if she saw that decorating mess.

FFS, how did Jordan get in the Abbott manse? Did she climb up one of the trellises or use the Batrope?

Whoa, hope Danny put a hankie on the apartment's doorknob or Daniel will get an eyeful when he comes home. Why couldn't Danny take Chris to his bedroom? Other people have to sit on that couch, d-bag.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

FFS, how did Jordan get in the Abbott manse?

My best guess is that Toulouse Lautrec whispered sweet nothings into Cleve's ear whilst plying her with some good old fashioned absinthe, then promising to paint her if she comes to his atelier and she will become famous! Oh, and bring the little monkey with you...

• Fire 1
  • LOL 13
On 4/13/2024 at 9:36 AM, Sake614 said:

I thought that ring looked like a HS class ring.

Well, then, obviously TGVN had the stone from his HS class ring reset in a fancy setting.

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, pvandal said:

I really hope Abby hasn't yet been told about her mom's problems because if she knows and still went to that farce of an anniversary party instead of going to help Traci with her mom that is just gross. Why wouldn't Jack have pulled her aside and informed her? Oh yeah, he's too busy giving a stupid speech to Victor & Nikki. Ugh.

I'm really wondering about this.  Seriously, wouldn't anyone want to know about their mother suffering mental health issues?  Was it an oversight of the writers, and they just forgot about the character?  Well, it is very easy to do.  I don't get it.  Eventually she has to be told. 

Wonder if they think MO was too much of a lightweight to be involved in the intervention.  Or is it that Abby is one of those characters (like Sharon or Mariah & Tessa or Chloe) they mostly forget about & then out of nowhere remember briefly, only to randomly disappear again?

Don't get me started on Jordie cuz this shit is so freakin' stupid.  She's an elderly lady who has the strength of 17 bodybuilders, can appear & re-appear anywhere and nobody ever notices her presence -- even in those weird-looking disguises.  Yeah, thanks again, writers, for assuming we're idiots.

It's nice & lovely that Colleen is enjoying playing an arsonist, murderer and kidnapper.  Bully for her.  This shit is still stupid as hell.  Colleen may be having fun, but I'm not, watching this idiocy.

• Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Also, every time V&N go on about their great 40 year love (HA!) I keep flashing back to a memory of a scene in Mexico where Victor yelled at Nikki "I wish you were dead!" During some massive rainstorm.

Yep, and there was also the time he poured her a glass of booze, pushed it at her, and told her to drink it. Victor is emotionally abusive and I don't know why anyone would consider him and Nikki "marriage goals."

If Harrison keeps getting older and Claire keeps getting younger, eventually they'll be the same age and they can get married! Do it, JG! 😈😈😈

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
(edited)
30 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

.  Seriously, wouldn't anyone want to know about their mother suffering mental health issues?  Was it an oversight of the writers, and they just forgot about the character?  Well, it is very easy to do.  I don't get it.  Eventually she has to be told

Seriously.  When I was having my mental health crisis my son refused to go away to college and went local.  I just thought he felt he was too young to leave home, but Mr. Cookie told me the truth later.

So Abby, bite me.  Have you been so wrapped in your own little world you haven't seen your mom lately?  That lunch should have given you a HINT something was wrong.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I was so bored today that I nearly fell asleep watching. WTF with Cricket and Danny acting like they’re never going to see each other again?

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, hope Danny put a hankie on the apartment's doorknob or Daniel will get an eyeful when he comes home. Why couldn't Danny take Chris to his bedroom? Other people have to sit on that couch, d-bag.

I was thinking the exact same thing/! Yuck.  Danny turns me off generally, but that was positively gross. Hit the road Danny, I'm sure your 45 fans miss you.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I have nothing against Danny but this storyline is so boring. It's a rehash of the storyline from years ago and it's so silly how Phyllis is back to her old immature annoying self with the whole Danny, Christine and Phyllis triangle. 

I am not sure if I am in the minority or majority here but I'm #TeamClaire and I feel bad for her. She's finally getting her life back together and Jordan sets her back now again. She can't get a break. And don't get me started how Jordan is some sort of Houdini or something. I know some viewers feel that Claire is up to no good but I don't see that. 

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 3