Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

After everything Kyle yelled at Summer and how angry he was, her last words were “Don’t tell anyone where my mom is”?! What the hell, girl??!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Summer to Kyle:

1. Did you ever hear about the time when you were a baby, and your father and my mother were married, and your mother was living in the pool house, and she set it on fire and tried to pin it on my mother so that my mother would be convicted of arson and attempted murder and be sent to prison for a long, long time?

2. Do you remember that first my grandfather, and then my grandmother, faced trial for having murdered your mother when she had, in fact, faked her own death and skipped town?

3. Did you know that your mother wanted to use Victor Newman's frozen sperm to impregnate herself, but Nikki Newman found out about it and had Victor's frozen sperm switched with what turned out to be Jack Abbott's frozen sperm, meaning that Jack Abbott is your father by mistake.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

So, Sharon is saying that CK had to have got into the house to poison the cat because the cat was an indoor cat, yet no one thinks to search the house because, maybe, CK is hiding somewhere in the house - and no one thinks that if CK could get into Sharon's house to poison the cat, maybe he can get into the house again, so maybe Sharon and Faith should stay somewhere else - and no one on the crack Newman security team thinks to track down CK via the electronics he stole off the security guard - if I, as someone in her 70s, can figure this stuff out, why would the show think that no one else could.

59 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What the hell, girl??!!

What the hell Kyle - didn't your mother try to have your wife's mother convicted of arson and attempted murder for a fire she intentionally started?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

What the hell Kyle

As the son of a woman who tried to have your wife's mother convicted of arson and attempted murder for a fire your mother had intentionally started, I think you owe your wife the one little favor of not telling anyone where her mother is.

• LOL 4

Ok while some of you were looking at Cameron and not liking his body, which to me seemed fine (not FIIINNEE, but okay), I cannot stop looking at his hair! It cracks me up knowing he is married to the Diane actress in real life because they both have that front gray stripe thing going, with light brown…their hair is almost identical.! Sorry but I am easily amused and this show is giving me nothing else to focus on.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Old MacTaz🌪️ had a funny farm E-I-E-I-O, with a caw caw here a caw caw there here a caw caw there a caw caw everywhere a caw caw, Old MacTaz🌪️ had a funny farm E-I-E-I-O.  Old MacTaz🌪️ has a child E-I-E-O with a ❄️ here a ❄️ there everywhere a ❄️ E-I-E-I-O. 

Hold the phone, am I loosing my mind. Cruella said that NE has had an executive suit at the GCAC for years?  Didn’t Cruella, stop doing business with the GCAC in favor of the Grand Albatross when Cruella owned a piece of the hotel?  

Victor Victor Victor, are you getting forgetful?  Didn’t you want Adam out of Jabot.  So Nostrils is Adam’s replacement. Maybe it’s Victor not Jack who’s “high” on Jabot perfume.  Now Victor is warning Adam about going up against NM and by doing that he’s protecting his precious daughter.  Victor knows that Cruella wants to obliterate Adam but that seems to be ok with him. 

That’s right Banana Breath nobody knows the property better than you. Not even Victor or the security guards that are supposed to patrol the grounds. 

It never ceases to amaze me how the monkeys with a keyboard can always make the improbable possible with a stroke on the keyboard. 

I think that Cruella is thinking more about her “bottom line” than NM’s bottom line. 

Kyle, your arguments were holding a lot of water until you over filled the bucket. Tell me Kyle, why is it so wrong for Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ to protect her mother over your mother. You would protect Diane over Taz🌪️ any day of the week. 

Exit Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ enter Tara 🤞

I liked the disclaimer that no animals were harmed but there were animals that were harmed. My brain was harmed with the shit show and my eyes were harmed watching Natey Nate Nate kissing Cruella. One other thing is that my heart was harmed because as an animal lover, the monkeys with a keyboard killed the cat. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Tell me Kyle

What do you have to say about your mother setting a fire that she tried to make look like a fire that Phyllis set in an attempt to murder her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This Cameron story is too dark. Last week the flashbacks of him hitting Sharon were brutal and today the poor cat. Why would Nick leave to find the guy if they thought the guy had already been in Sharon’s house? This is where Summer gets her dumbness and Kyle needs to remember that when going off on her. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Show Disclaimer: No pussies were harmed in the filming of Nick's sex scenes.

Does anyone remember the scene of Phyllis writhing on a jail cell floor in her underwear? I don't think I am imagining it but I can't remember why she was in jail. I think it was at least 10 years ago.

Tags: None

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

I don’t care how much they play the “sexay sax” music with Nate and Victoria love scenes. Or the cheesy dialogue that gets them turned on by discussing business. 

That “romance” is a total dud. Nothing compelling about it. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Kyle needs to remember that when going off on her. 

Kyle needs to remember that his mother once tried to get Phyllis sent up on arson and attempted murder charges when Diane was the one who set the fire.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Kyle needs to remember that his mother once tried to get Phyllis sent up on arson and attempted murder charges when Diane was the one who set the fire.

Kyle has forgiven his mom for her past transgressions. Since she’s come back into his life, she’s been a wonderful mama to him. He has every right to outraged at his disgusting mother in law. While he also has every right to be mad at his wife, he needs to remember that she’s the product of a psycho and an idiot. He had a beautiful caring wife that also had some smarts. Her name was Lola. He blew that and now we have to deal with his poor choices.

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Rye said:

Phyllis is infuriating and intolerable. That sort of little girl dipping her head between her shoulders and then baring her blueteeth into some expression she thinks is endearing but is just wildly inappropriate for the situation…. I cannot stand her

I think we can shut the internet with this.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

So that motherfucker Josh Griffith actually wrote in the murder of the family cat? Fuck you, Josh Griffith. Fuck you, Y&R. Fuck you, CBS for enabling this sick fucking creep. There is NO EXCUSE for this story. NONE.

---

You all are the best, sweetest and funniest group of people on this entire site but I'm done with this show. I can not and will not abide animal cruelty in any form.

And once again, fuck you forever and ever Josh Griffith you worthless fucking hack.

ETA: I left feedback on CBS.com. I hope many others do as well. JG should be fired.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 6
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So that motherfucker Josh Griffith actually wrote in the murder of the family cat? Fuck you, Josh Griffith. Fuck you, Y&R. Fuck you, CBS for enabling this sick fucking creep. There is NO EXCUSE for this story. NONE.

---

You all are the best, sweetest and funniest group of people on this entire site but I'm done with this show. I can not and will not abide animal cruelty in any form.

And once again, fuck you forever and ever Josh Griffith you worthless fucking hack.

ETA: I left feedback on CBS.com. I hope many others do as well. JG should be fired.

It really is such short-sighted writing because a character cannot come back from that. Maybe they don’t want him to. Then again, these people had Victor bring in a doppelganger to sexually assault Phyllis repeatedly and the show played it off as a joke!  So why would we expect more? 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I just read something from LA saying they asked him to come back but his story arch is very short because he fit this in between two other gigs. So it is literally just a dark, jarring tale thrown in just for shock value, I guess. Maybe it is some contrivance to bring Sharon and Nick or Sharon and Chance together.

The Sharon character has way bigger  problems than the lack of a boyfriend, however. She has been a mess (and not in  a good way) for a long ass time. Pairing her with both Jack and Victor (ew) was a terrible idea. I liked Shadam with MM, I must admit. But they they made her bipolar and crazy enough to burn down the ranch. They put her working for the police dept (laughable except Kevin did, too) only to shoehorn her with Rey. Finally, they camped her overdone face (and, besides her hair, I have always been envious of her looks - esp her figure) at Crimson Lights only for her to spy on the doings and conversations of others so she could dart her eyes around and offer sage advice. 

Sharon needs a re-do and this ain’t the way. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I stopped watching today about 8 minutes in when I realized I didn’t care about any of the storylines. Chelsea and Billy presumably naval-gazing about her mental health, Nick busting into CKs suite like Testosterone Man, Sidepart and Victoria whatever-ing, Nikki and Victor, I just don’t care about any of these people.

Also Nikki’s hair looks terrible, if nothing else, MTS has always had thick, healthy-looking hair. Idk who she pissed off in hair and makeup.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

Are we seriously supposed to believe that Billy and Victoria are going to suffer from this syndrome?:

image.png.7fc35d88839eeb81eb05561a68188a11.png

I guess this was the writers way of getting us to shut up about the kids.always being left alone while their parents are out on the town.

Is it wrong for me to hope Nick gets the stuffing beat out of him? I was hoping he'd punch a hole in the wall. He was at his ultimate caveman best  today.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Forgive me for being too real life, but did Cameron go to jail for crimes against Sharon?  (I wasn't watching during his first tenure on the show.) If so, isn't it common for victims to be made aware of parole hearings? And wouldn't his parole include some order to stay away from Sharon? Perhaps someone, maybe Chance, explained this all away in 30 seconds and I missed it.

Either way, I'm happy to see Sharon have a story line -- and her house !-- again. I'm also happy to see Nick doing something other than mooning over Sally. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Chelsea designed a computer game whose aim is to help improve emotional intelligence. Chelsea. One of the biggest whackjobs in GC. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Yikes, Nikki's hair. Were those supposed to be beach waves because from a distance I thought it literally looked like a dirty blonde mop.

Cameron told He-Man Nick he was painfully predictable. CK is a POS but where is the lie tho?

Lily, listen to Daniel. For your own safety, you don't want to know what he could tell you about Phyllis.

Apparently Chelsea is emotionally intelligent enough to realize Billy's been using her to help him feel better about himself. Ouchies, William!

Audra is so lowkey in-your-face. The only thing she didn't do today was tell Victoria she looked fabulous and Nate to check his zipper.

Was Cameron suggesting a "stand your ground" situation might arise if Nick physically attacks Cam in his room? Not sure what the relevant WI law is but hmm. 🤔

Billy's suit jacket sure had large lapels. Vintage disco era, hah hah.

Please. Wait until an AI chatbot infiltrates OmegaSphere and Chelsea's computer game starts telling people to unalive themselves. Ease up on the premature kudos, Daniel.  

But Victoria, you did ship your kids off when you wanted to concentrate on Ashland and his phony illness. Don't be out here trying to act offended when someone points to your pattern of putting your love life first.

Now what, Lily? You just let Daniel make you an accessory to Phyllis' crimes. Dru would not be proud.

Nate, being dismissive about TGVN is not the way you want to go. What starts with drinks at Society could end with you disappeared from GC when he decides you're a problem.

Wait, is it possible Victor brought Cameron to GC to pull Nick's attention away from Sally? His reaction to Nick's confrontation with Cam seemed oddly unbothered to me.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So that motherfucker Josh Griffith actually wrote in the murder of the family cat? Fuck you, Josh Griffith. Fuck you, Y&R. Fuck you, CBS for enabling this sick fucking creep. There is NO EXCUSE for this story. NONE

And they only brought a cat onto the canvas to be murdered.There was no other purpose, like adding some color to a character or getting stuck in a tree to force Chance to shirtlessly rescue him. Clunky, obvious plot device was exactly what everyone knew it was. Vile disgusting plot twist + cheap hackery = JG.

Phyllis’ bullshit must be contagious; her kids have caught it and now Lily might be infected. Kyle must have been inoculated somehow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, is it possible Victor brought Cameron to GC to pull Nick's attention away from Sally? His reaction to Nick's confrontation with Cam seemed oddly unbothered to me.

I suggested that to my husband.  Its not like he  has never done things like that before: brought Mariah to town to spook Sharon and found Jacks doppelganger scheme.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5

When Nostrils talks Chelsea 🥱😴. I’m sure she does the same when they play hide the pickle.  Chelsea tells Nostrils to wake her when it’s over. 

Actually Nostril, playing the game took you from being dumb as a rock to dumb as a box of rocks.   As far as emotions are concerned, Nostril progressed to being a wet mop.  Nostrils and Chelsea 🤢🤮.  Need I say more?  What’s more 🤢🤮 than Nostrils and Chelsea is Cruella and Natey Nate Nate 🤢🤢🤢🤮.  Natey Nate Nate thinks he’s smooth but he’s as smooth as an unpaved mountain road.  

I got to hand it to Banana Breath in sniffing Cameron out when seemingly Victor’s security team and the GCPD could not. I might have to change his name to McGruff.  Banana Breath has channeled his inner bloodhound.  Now that you know where he is, wouldn’t you think that Banana Breath should have him tailed?  Would you think that there should be a restraining order?  Again, too logical. 

The kids haven’t even finished this term yet and are looking forward to summer camp, so why bring up boarding school?  Wasn’t Johnny and Katie already going to the fancy high school academy?  Katie can ride horses anytime she wants at the ranch and I’m sure the HS Johnny is going to has advanced coding classes. I do think this was more of Cruella’s idea than the kids. Check that, it’s a way for the monkeys with a keyboard to keep children out of sight out of mind. 

We know the truth about why Connor has shut down but Chelsea is oblivious to the truth. It has to do with Johnny and Lucy strengthening their bond and leaving Connor behind. He feels betrayed by Johnny most of all. 

It it me or does anyone else realize that Natey Nate Nate and Cruella have matching eyebrows?  At least Cruella uses a depilatory on  her mustache 😉

The plot thickens.  Is Cameron going to have himself beaten up to frame Banana Breath?  

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2023 at 7:18 PM, Rye said:

Diane would own that shit and say she was wrong.

Yes, she would, it's a very disarming technique for winning someone's trust.

6 hours ago, tanyak said:

did Cameron go to jail for crimes against Sharon? 

I think he went to prison because he found a girlfriend, who happened to look a lot like Sharon, and beat her up.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I got to hand it to Banana Breath in sniffing Cameron out when seemingly Victor’s security team and the GCPD could not.

I don't know whether it's the writers that are oblivious, or if it's the writers writing the characters as being oblivious - either way, it doesn't work.

• Like 2

So aren’t there security cameras on Newman property?  Shouldn’t there be one right by Sharon’s door?  Also inside her house? Great security team, Victor! And Chance, if you looked at any video from them, then maybe you could believe that Cameron was actually a threat 

and I stand with everyone that it’s disgusting to not only kill off an animal, but repulsive to show its corpse

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I believe Nick said on Monday’s show that Cameron went to jail for assaulting Sharon, got out, found a lookalike, beat her up, went to prison again and is now free. I could certainly be wrong, as when Nick talks, I usually just hear a sound not unlike the teacher from Charlie Brown.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 12
(edited)

^^Cameron originally went to prison for killing Cassie's (and Mariah's) bio-father Frank and framing Sharon for the murder.  Sharon thought she had killed Cameron when she konked him on the head with a champagne bottle after he tried to rape her, so she dragged his body outside and hid it behind a dumpster where it got covered up by a snowstorm.  Larry Wharton did Sharon a favor and dumped the body in the sewer, as one does.  Then Sharon started seeing Ghost Cameron outside her window and thinking she was going crazy (kind of like when she saw Ghost JT outside her window!).  She confided in Nikki, and the two of them went in the sewers to make sure Cameron's body was still there.  They found a body, but it was Frank's, and now Sharon was the prime suspect.  Cameron told her he would help her escape prosecution if she would run away with him.  She agreed, but had a change of heart and was going to kill herself, but hero Nick showed up to save the day. That was the bit they showed the other day when they all jumped out of the airplane.***   

At least Cameron does look like he just got out of prison.  Jeremy Stark looked like he just got out of Club Med.

Victor fired a security guard who was assaulted on the job by a psycho stalker.  Stay classy, Victor!

***Please excuse any details I got wrong or things I left out.  It's been a while, so that's how I remember it happening.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I kinda miss Larry Wharton. I don’t know why.

I wish you’d just admit that you wrote Harlequin romances on the side, boes. I, for one, found your description of Billy’s and Chelsea’s love story sublimely touching. 

9 hours ago, boes said:

She's the fudge to his sickle, the jock to his itch, the booger on the tip of his finger, the head lice in his cap and the wax in his ear

Considering the enormity of Buttbiscuit’s nostrils, I wouldn’t doubt that the pickable contents are Chelsea-sized.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Cameron suggesting a "stand your ground" situation might arise if Nick physically attacks Cam in his room? Not sure what the relevant WI law is

GC is an entity all to itself, so fuck WI laws.  The laws of anywhere on earth do not apply unless it benefits the socially elite of GC.

Here's my rant on two-tier justice:  We can assume that Phylthy and her cohorts in crime will all get off if she is given enough time to prove her innocence re Jeremy Stark.  (Everyone seems to have forgotten the other facts about framing Diane and abusing corpses.)  After all, Jeremy was a bad guy and deserved to die.  Same logic applies to Nick who was not considered a murderer even after he killed Ashland.  Bad man=death by Upright First Tier Citizen.

So my burning question is:  Why can't Nick just kill Cameron?  Why all this drama and eye-rolling by Sharon?  He's bad.  Ice him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Chance to shirtlessly rescue him

And I want a pony.

eta to ad a question:  Whty do the producers put Tassels in LOUD colors:  She needs cooler colors--that bright red on her looked awful {Fashion Police edit. And I wont say a  word about her hair}.

i totally love how Megan Markle delivered the shade.  Vikki thinks she is head chef in charge, but I give Markle a couple of months and and her Nibs will have serious competition for hers job.  And disgusting as it sounds,Nate {ugh}  

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

And I want a pony.

Don’t we all. ☺️ Sadly, Chance is starting to lose just a wee bit of appeal - due to how poorly his character is being written. His hair seems smoother, too; the curls more tamed. If his hair gets longer, soon he and Nicki will have the same hairstyle. But he will wear it much better. It is like the writers decided that he was the sexiest guy on the show - so must be made plain. Can’t have a male character  better looking than Nick, Adam, Devon (🤓), Billy, etc.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Don’t we all. ☺️ Sadly, Chance is starting to lose just a wee bit of appeal - due to how poorly his character is being written. His hair seems smoother, too; the curls more tamed. If his hair gets longer, soon he and Nicki will have the same hairstyle. But he will wear it much better. It is like the writers decided that he was the sexiest guy on the show - so must be made plain. Can’t have a male character  better looking than Nick, Adam, Devon (🤓), Billy, etc.  

Also, he's a Chancellor.  The only one on screen, the only one in town.  Show has this legacy character from a core family, played by a decent actor who looks great and he's become the cop equivalent of Sharon chained to the coffee house.

What a waste.

But by all means, keep giving us Phyllis, Nick, Victoria, ButtBiscuit centered storylines because I guess that's what Show thinks we want??

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Can’t have a male character  better looking than Nick, Adam, Devon (🤓), Billy, etc.

Low hanging fruit

Sally to Nick Does the solution have anything to do with your knuckles? Nick: yeah, they were dragging on the ground.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Nobel Prize nominations this year will be October 2-9, 2023. Looking forward to Phyllis getting nominated for the genius and courage she demonstrated in murdering Stark. Phyllis is having a real easy time with her lines these days: "I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'll make this right. I'm sorry." Wash, rinse repeat. Kyle looked like he was auditioning for a laxative or stool softener ad today-so constipated. So the only plot point for Faith coming back to GC was for Cameron to murder her cat? Gratuitous violence, IMO.  Sharon or Nick can't  extrapolate that occurrence to suggest Cameron  might escalate to humans, and go for another Sharon/Nick adjacent victim like Mariah, her baby, pregnant Sally, or Christian-in-the garage? No bottom veneers on Nick's chaw stained lower teeth today, looks so low class for a  supposed scion of GC's elite. Where are his teeth? Soaking in a Dixie Cup in Sharon's bathroom? How's he gonna take a bite out of crime?  I guess the customers having to drink their coffee @ Crimson Lights, without their complimentary therapy sessions from the cafe au lait counselor, will be expecting price reductions.  Anyway, wondering if Duper Girl ran away with her mom? I blame Diane, lol.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Listening to Nick and Adam discuss Sally’s welfare made me feel two almost opposite things: cringe and rage. Even though Adam made his point about Nick’s divided loyalties, he (Adam) has been relegated to minor player in his own life. At this point I wouldn’t mind seeing Sally gone. Not murdered or death by childbirth. She could lose the baby, reevaluate her life and choices and return to Los Angeles. Nick should be sent to the Newman offices in France ?  for a timeout; face it, the show will never let him go permanently. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4