Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Dang, I was not ready for how brutally Cameron had treated Sharon back in the day. He put his whole body into that punch. Why was Sharon alone with him if there was already a history of him beating her?

I remember watching this when it first aired 20 years ago, Sharon left her family (in real life SC had left the show after contract negotiations broke down) and to say that Shick was not in a good place when she left would be an understatement. She came back to town after a few months and reconciled with Nick, then Cameron showed up in Genoa City. She'd met him in a bar a few months before- she was drunk and slept with him and then he beat the shit out of her after. IIRC, he showed up in town to do a project at Newman, which was not a coincidence and proceeded to make her life a living hell. He was always threatening to tell Nick about what had happened between them in Denver (the sex part, but not the part where he beat her up). She met him at that motel to convince to leave her alone and that's when turned abusive again and tried to rape her, which why she hit him over the head with the champagne bottle.    

I remember Cameron Kirsten was a villain, but watching those flashbacks reminded me of how creepy and sick he was. Josh Griffith must be thrilled that Linden Ashby agreed to come back because Cameron Kirsten is a vile piece of shit- violence against women, attempted rape, murder- he's done it all. Let's see what Josh has him do this time around. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Josh Griffith must be thrilled that Linden Ashby agreed to come back because Cameron Kirsten is a vile piece of shit- violence against women, attempted rape, murder- he's done it all. Let's see what Josh has him do this time around.  

I'm feeling very wary about it. This is a different world than when the Cameron storyline originally happened. I don't think the daytime TV audience is inclined to be as tolerant of rape and other violence against women being used as entertainment. People can watch any number of prime time broadcast police procedurals for that stuff, in particular L&O: SVU.

There are rampant spumors Cameron is going to do something to Faith since she's Sharon's daughter and is also blonde. AFAIC JG better consider the possible repercussions if he writes it in a way that will leave Sharon mourning the death of another child, or with Faith alive but having been brutalized. Who wants to see that?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 17
  • Love 2

Ashley’s just as deranged and out of control as Phyllis. Her obsession with Diane is every bit as irrational, she didn’t register or acknowledge at all that Diane was innocent of murder. Not only did she not apologize, there wasn’t an instant where she reevaluated her opinion. She just immediately pivoted to propping up her vitriol with speculation about other things Diane might want to do.

Ashley hasn’t always been a white hat on this show, but she is a long-running character and she’s never been this off-balance when she’s been healthy. It’s out of character enough that I wouldn’t mind if it ended up being written as a recurrence of mental illness for her. That would also highlight how insane Phyllis’s mindset is.

Where’s Olivia? She could always talk Ashley down. I’d also love to see her drag Nate, that would be delicioso.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I’m worried about where this Cameron story is going. #1 it feels like we just had a very similar story with the dude Syphyllis killed. #2 Sharon has lost a husband, a daughter and a piece of wood. (Was she married to him when they reported he died?) I don’t want to see her lose Faith and watch her try to move her face. #3 I love cats and I don’t want to see or even hear about anything happening to Faith’s cat with the stupid name. 

On a side note, my brother once had a dog he said was the ugliest dog ever. He named it Eleanor Roosevelt. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm feeling very wary about it. This is a different world than when the Cameron storyline originally happened. I don't think the daytime TV audience is inclined to be as tolerant of rape and other violence against women being used as entertainment. People can watch any number of prime time broadcast police procedurals for that stuff, in particular L&O: SVU.

There are rampant spumors Cameron is going to do something to Faith since she's Sharon's daughter and is also blonde. AFAIC JG better consider the possible repercussions if he writes it in a way that will leave Sharon mourning the death of another child, or with Faith alive but having been brutalized. Who wants to see that?

The actor was on the Soap Opera Digest podcast recently and didn’t give any details but he said the character was just a bad guy and wouldn’t be involved in a redemption story.

I hope that means he dies a brutal death but since that’s already happened to Ashland (killed by Nick) and Stark (killed by Phyllis), I don’t see him being killed off by Sharon or Faith, but maybe I’m being too generous to the writers.

Also, he didn’t run into Sally in the park for nothing. I’m not a fan of the Adam/Sally/baby thing (to say the least) but Adam would be a better match against Cameron than Nick.

1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

I for sure don't want this - but I am very glad that Sharon is actually getting a storyline that (for now) is centering on her. This is like the first time in months that we've seen her in her own house - kind of thought she might have moved to the coffee house and had a cot behind the counter. She is a legacy MAIN character and to have her do nothing but serve coffee and dispense advise for months (years) has felt so insulting given that Nick and Victoria (her generation of main characters) have bounced from story to story.

Ditto. I just wish she wouldn’t be paired back w/ Nick. I don’t hate him the way many do here (no judgment), but I never see him as a good addition to any storyline outside of support for Sharon and his kids.

• Like 6
  • Love 7

I have been reading online posts that want Sally to miscarry. This has to be a sign how terrible the entire Adam/Sally/Nick storyline has been with most viewers. It has even made me not mind so much the bringing back of a character/villain I have never heard of. Also, it is hopefully a break from Phyllis/Ashley/Diane/Tucker/Jack. Please, show, give Tucker something to do.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Ditto. I just wish she wouldn’t be paired back w/ Nick. I don’t hate him the way many do here (no judgment), but I never see him as a good addition to any storyline outside of support for Sharon and his kids.

I hate Nick and used to loathe him with Sharon. But at this point if it gets him away from Sally and with him seemingly finally out of Phyllis's orbit, I'd be okay with him and Sharon rekindling. The scenes he's had with Sharon in the last week or so have been the first even remotely tolerable in years.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

What kind of family are the Abbotts that Ashley lives in their home but didn't know Diane had been exonerated? One would think patriarch Jack would've sent out a group text letting Billy, Traci, and Ashley know the official news.

Preeclampsia. Laying the groundwork for Sally to lose the baby, I bet.

CK. Would that be Calvin Klein? Christel Khalil? Oh yeah, Cameron Kirsten. Cute, said no one ever. 🙄

Nick wasn't responding to Sally's calls or texts. Buy a clue, Sally. For Nick you rate somewhere below Sharon and Faith, but maybe above Summer and Noah. Even odds on Christian.

Sharon is ridiculous. Every time there's a knock at the door or the doorbell rings her bug eyes almost pop out of her head. If Cameron was ever bold enough to show up at the cottage I doubt he'd be frigging obvious.

Tucker, my guy, admiring Phyllis for almost pulling off her insane fake death scheme against Diane = 100% nope. Best you stay way out of Red's lane.

There it is. Ashley's so nuts over Diane she was about to hand Tucker the keys to the Jabot kingdom--or at least an access code. Tucker's long game is on point.

Shut up, Chelsea. If it's a day ending in a "y" Connor is upset about something. You need to find another way to get sympathy and attention.

Not sure why Nick didn't tell Sally about Cameron. I'm thinking Sally should be included under Newmans' protective net since she's carrying a future Newman heir.

I've never tasted cognac. Can one guzzle it the way Cameron did today, without choking? 😵‍💫

Adam now in Cameron's sights. Oy, Cam, you do not want that smoke. Google "FAFO."

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I really like the burgundy dress and necklace Sharon has been wearing over the last two days. I have to mention it because I see many horror outfits on this show.

Like the leopard dress Ashley is wearing and the Christmas tinsel green top Chelsea has on. WTH?

Yes, Ashley, the first place a house arrest person goes to after cutting off her ankle bracelet, is a restaurant everyone she knows frequents every day. I hate her being dumbed down and “so happy” Phyllis is alive.

100% behind Tucker’s advice of letting it go. But she won’t.

This whole “we hate Diane” schtick would’ve worked better if she had been shown to really be a horrible in this timeline. Right now the 3 witches look way too delusional for me to care.

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

One other thing I forgot to comment on - watching those old clips makes me wonder what happened to SC’s voice. Did they inject fillers into her nasal cavity? Because it sounds full. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
44 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Yes, Ashley, the first place a house arrest person goes to after cutting off her ankle bracelet, is a restaurant everyone she knows frequents every day. I hate her being dumbed down and “so happy” Phyllis is alive.

That’s what I’m saying, she hates Diane so much for faking her own death but doesn’t bay an eye that Phyllis did it. It’s just stupid, it doesn’t make any sense why they hate Diane this much, she’s about on par with Ashley and Nikki in terms of bad behavior (iirc Diane faked her death after Nikki actually attacked her), and she’s light years behind Phyllis.

I don’t get it.

Or, put differently, get a life.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

Sally: Oh thank god, it’s Nick! I can’t even breathe without him.

Chloe: Yadda yadda yadda.

Sally: …

Chloe: Is something wrong?

@@@@@@@

Nick: Me Nick. Me big strong manly man. Me order more security.

Sharon: Maybe I’m overreacting.

Nick: No such thing where Cameron Kirsten is concerned.

Sharon: The packages and letters really freaked me out. How was he able to leave all that stuff in those specific places?

Nick: He paid someone? Whoa. Holy shit, I figured that out myself!

Sharon: Or he’s in town. Still one step behind, jackwagon.

Nick: But you agree now that was blood on the champagne bottle, so who’s jackin’ the wagon now?

Sharon: Still you.

@@@@@@@@

Faith: I’m such a clumsy douche. My boyfriend always tells me not to text and walk.

Cameron: Don’t you hate it when your significant other is right? Kinda makes you want to beat the shit out of them.

Faith: Um.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: Your hair looks almost as good as mine.

Ashley: Thanks. How’s Dominic?

Tucker: I’m putting him in charge of the music for our pretend wedding.

Ashley: Oh my fucking god. What in the name of fuck fondue is that crazy biatch doing out of the house?

Tucker: Diane always brings the best trolling opportunities. Are you calling the police?

Ashley: Hell to the yassssss.

Tucker: I find it best to gather all possible facts before summoning law enforcement. It’s very easy to beclown one’s self.

Ashley: foams at mouth

@@@@@@@@

Sally: I didn’t feel good at the park, so naturally I phoned Nick.

Chloe: Naturally.

Sally: He didn’t answer or call back, so I was forced to acknowledge Adam. Ugh. He took me to the doctor’s.

Chloe: Nick would have driven you much more safely.

Sally: I know. I’m pretty sure Adam caused my preeclampsia diagnosis.

Chloe: You poor thing. We need to put you in a big plastic bubble to protect the holy fetus.

Sally: What if everything is wrong?

Chloe: I’ve got a dead Delia story just for this situation.

@@@@@@@@

Cameron: Are you… Faith Newman?

Faith: Maybe. Who wants to know?

Cameron: I’m an old friend of your mother and father. I worked on a banana bronzing project with Nick and Sharon and my fist go way back.

Faith: What was that?

Cameron: How are they anyway?

Faith: Dad’s still into sloppy seconds and Mom is this close to banging a cop who could break you in half.

Cameron: Well, tell them CK said wassup, okay? Oh, and can you tell me how to find this address?

Faith: I believe that bar is located up your ass and to the left.

@@@@@@@

Ashley: No one ever expects the Abbott Inquisition. Hello, Diane. Look at me. I’m calling the police.

Diane: Really?

Ashley: Yeah, biznatch. You fought the law and the law won.

Diane: Don’t let me stop you.

Tucker: You took my advice to snip the bracelet off, you cheeky rebel you.

Ashley: I’m in your face, just callin’ the police.

Jack: Don’t you dare.

Tucker: What gives here? This has off the charts drama potential and I wanna catch the wave. 

@@@@@@@

Sharon: Faith is home. Act normal. Keep your hands out of your pockets.

Nick: But I still have one in the corner pocket and one stuck under my cue.

Faith: Hey. Why the tragic faces?

Nick: I’ve got a billiards situation.

Faith: Okaaayyyy. I saw all my favorite spots. I was sad to see we’re down to a four by four square park space. Otherwise, not much has changed since I’ve gone to college.

Nick: I asked Christian to check your oil and change your brake pads. Your car is sure to pass inspection and be ready to roll this summer.

Faith: Cool. By the by, some old buddy of yours said hello. I ran into him while I was text walking. He went by his initials. C… something.

Nick: Me Nick. Me ‘bout to throw hands. Me punch, punch, punch!

Sharon: Googles Cameron Kirsten. Is this the guy?

Faith: Definitely the same skeever I ran into.

Nick: I’ll activate the extra raunch security. 

@@@@@@@

Sally: I’m so, so sorry I made you think you had to tell that dead Delia story.

Chloe: It’s fine. There’s so much the world can learn from my little angel. The lesson for you is that you’re a fighter like me.

Sally: What could be keeping Nick? It doesn’t feel right here unless he’s breathing down my neck.

Chloe: I bet this is him now! Oh, Adam. Well, you’re a warm body, I guess.

Sally: You didn’t have to come back.

Adam: I heard your doctor’s advice to lay low and thought you might need some flavorless snacks and bottled water on hand.

Chloe: I’m going to hand babysitting duties over to you. I’ll be doing all the work on decorating Chancellor Winters, so I need to hit the amphetamines and get busy. Bye, Sally. Bye, dickhead!

Adam: That’s a lot of lipstick.

@@@@@@@@@

Diane: Christine dropped all the charges. In yo’ face.

Ashley: I suppose you got off on some technicality.

Tucker: I’ve gotten off on far less.

Jack: Phyllis is alive, and there is DNA evidence to prove it. Your milkshake, we drank it.

Ashley: Why the smug attitude, Diane? You didn’t win shit.

Diane: I told everyone I was innocent and what the fuck do you know? I am! You’ve been treating me like Jack the Ripper and Summer’s been a chapped and puckered asshole. I wouldn’t be surprised if this Phyllis plot was the work of three cackling hags.

Ashley: How dare you! Of course I’m happy for Summer and Daniel.

Jack: You’re never happy.

Diane: Would you two like to join us for champagne?

Ashley: Eat the corn out of my shit, lady.

Tucker: I would fucking love to sit with you and Jack. I need it more than oxygen. A shit-stirring opportunity like that could satisfy me for three months, at least. I’m a trolling camel.

Jack: Another time, then.

@@@@@@@@

Chance: I’m ready to detect.

Nick: Do I detect that you’ve been splitting wood?

Chance: Shut your fucking mouth, nepo baby. What do you guys have for me?

Sharon: Faith, tell Detective Chancellor what happened at the park just now.

Faith: It wasn’t, like, a crime or anything. I had my face in my phone and nearly knocked this itinerant mountain man out. He said he knew my parents and that his name was CK.

Nick: He forgot the DI at the beginning. Oh my lord, I’m on fiyah today, spelling and shit.

Faith: He said his phone died and he asked me for directions to a bar.

Chance: steps to the side and makes a call. This is Chancellor. Get an officer to the dive bar at 6969 Cockcrumble Avenue. See if you can find Kirsten. Yeah, I’m at Sharon Newman’s. He’s here too. I’m not going to pinch him on the public urination warrant right now. I’m sure he can cut a check for the tainted koi pond. Thanks.

Faith: What the hell, you guys? You’re scaring me. Who is this CK guy? I’m not a kid anymore. Moses and I *blushes* held hands last week.

Sharon: He’s a very painful part of my past. It’s hard to talk about.

Nick: Me Nick! You daughter. You stay away from bad man.

@@@@@@@@

Adam: Our kid is a fighter. From what I hear about the Spectra women, they will cut a bitch. My mom, Hope, was pretty tough too. I come from hardy farm stock.

Sally: I can’t picture you growing up on a farm. I bet you mutilated cows and blamed the chupacabra.

Adam: Okay, carny.

Sally: Hey, my childhood made me the adventurous, independent wanderer I am today. I’m trying to change the nomadic thing though, so my kid can have stability. Did you ever ride a horsey on the farm?

Adam: I delivered a calf once. Trust me, I can be a rock in the delivery room.

Sally: Nick brought me steak fajitas the other night. Same diff. 

Adam: He pronounced it fa-jeet-a, admit it.

Sally: I do appreciate you coming back. I may just keep you on the bench in case Nick isn’t around to handle my incompetent flailing and inability to cope with the slightest worry.

Adam: Your snacks may be low sodium, but I’m leaving here extra salty.

Sally: Aren’t you busy with McCall? I’ll put you in the game if the starter goes down. Keep your phone handy.

@@@@@@@

Faith: Obviously talking about this person stresses you guys out. Dad’s over there ripping off his shirt and transforming into the Incredible Sulk. You just tell me when you’re ready.

Sharon: The important thing is to avoid CK at all costs and call us or Chance if he bothers you. It’s probably a good idea to carry bear spray, a taser and nunchucks everywhere on account of all the middle aged pervs that show up in Genoa City.

Faith: Plus I heard that Phyllis has been released into a populated area. *Shudders*

Chance: Here’s the deal. Cameron never showed up at the bar he asked about. I’ve got some guys canvassing the hotels in the area. We’ll find him and probably do jack shit nothing until a resident goes vigilante and deep sixes his pancake ass. I like Nick for that murder.

Nick: Aren’t you going to arrest him? Huh? Huh? What do I pay taxes for?

Chance: You pay for the privilege of me telling you to shut your fucking Dorito funnel. We don’t have enough to arrest Kirsten. We don’t even have enough to question him. I’d sure like to inquire as to how a dumb donkey like you got the drop on him.

Nick: Oh noez. Sally called! Sally need Nick! Me Nick. Me to the rescue.

Sharon: Please, by all means. Go.

Chance: I’ve got to go load up some tranq guns for the big Phyllis manhunt. Will you be okay?

Sharon: We’ll be fine. Maybe Phyllis and Cameron will meet and create a self-eating vortex of malicious narcissism.

Chance: If you need me, call.

Sharon: If I have needs, you’ll be the first person I call.

@@@@@@@@@

Ashley: Now that Diane is free, she’ll start believing she’s invincible. And did she imply I had something to do with Phyllis’ clusterfuck? That bitch.

Tucker: Don’t forget Nikki. I must say, you dressed as a wicked witch could be quite arousing.

Ashley: Of course Jeremy Stark forced Phyllis into a life of crime. Phyllis wouldn’t have felt the need to do what she did if Jack hadn’t been such a dick to her. Everyone knows Diane’s existence pushed Phyllis to the breaking point.

Tucker: I gotta give props to Phyllis for some truly inspired revenge. Topping it off with a murder is a tad gauche, but to each their own.

Ashley: Diane must not win. I will devote my life to pissing in her cornflakes. Somehow I have to stop my dimbulb of a brother from marrying her.

Tucker: C’mon. He’s doubled down on defending her. And trying to stop Jack Abbott from getting married is like trying to stop the tide from coming in.

Ashley: I tried to turn Billy on to my takeover plan, but all of a sudden he’s Mr. Loyal after he fucked Jack’s wife for months. He’s found morality in Chelsea’s funhouse or something.

Tucker: I’ve never found any in yours.

Ashley: I’m this close to getting some board members in my pocket. Ha ha. I just need a suitcase full of cocaine and to tickle some feet with ostrich feathers to seal the deal.

Tucker: While I adore this scheming side of yours, wouldn’t it be prudent to, I don’t know, get some fucking perspective? It’s just not that serious, homeslice.

Ashley: Diane will never get her talons into Jabot! Caw caw!

Tucker: …

@@@@@@@@

Diane: Your sister is a cow.

Jack: Forget about her. I want to celebrate you. Your indomitable spirit, your peerless courage, your unmatched fortitude. Other people would have given up and gone meekly to their life sentence. Not my Diane. Your unflagging -

Diane: Jesus Christ, Jack, I didn’t win the Nobel Prize in medicine. Calm the fuck down.

@@@@@@@@

Nick: I’m here! I got your message! Adam? What the fuck?

Sally: I had a little scare in the park. My doctor says I’m at risk for preeclampsia.

Nick: Whoa. They had to take mine out when I was six.

Adam: I took her to the doctor’s and brought her some snacks. Due to Sally’s delicate condition, she shouldn’t leave this room. Not that you guys ever do. 

Nick: Me here. You go.

Adam: Get bent. Bye, Sally.

Sally: Where were you, my reason for living? You’re usually so responsive and pop right out of my back pocket when needed. Why didn’t you come running?

Nick: Uh, I was just, like, picking my nose and kinda got lost in the moment. I wanted to extract a nice rubbery one in a single piece, but I had to tread lightly. It’s easy to lose track of time working on a collector’s item.

Sally: That doesn’t really explain your failure to drop everything and attend to my needs. Is something going on?

Nick: Nothing serious. Just some boring old Newman business. Vic turned down my idea for a pooper scooper for humans. You don’t need the stress.

Sally: I’m fine. Chloe covered me with a blanket and Adam came running.

Nick: I’d keep the blanket on so no one knows you’re wearing a brown paper bag.

Sally: Aren’t the baby and I part of your family? Don’t shut me out.

Nick: *desperate to change the subject, he subtly lifts his right buttock from the sofa and lets slip a classic mosquito fart, a long, whining emission of air that sounds like the droning buzz of an insect.* They say laughter is a great stress reliever. I have an even better activity in mind.

Sally: I can’t get my heart rate up. It’s never happened before, but I’d rather not take the chance.

Nick: Don’t worry. I’m going to be spooning and cracking rats.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: Here’s an idea. Instead of alienating your siblings and debasing yourself to win over the board, let’s you and I go into business together. I’m flush with Victor’s cash and you can use all that vengeful energy on destroying our competitors.

Ashley: My idea to blow up the family and the company is solid.

Tucker: It sucks.

Ashley: It’s amazing.

Tucker: Why frig around with a CEO when you can be the CEO. Imagine working somewhere without a walking wind tunnel roaming the halls. You wouldn’t have to look at Kyle’s bouffant or Summer’s stupid pout at both home and work. All your innovations are belong to us.

Ashley: I don’t know why, but this is starting to sound enticing. Let’s discuss this more intimately.

Tucker and Ashley swan past her brother on their way to the stairs.

Tucker: I’ll see you two crazy kids at home.

Jack: Those two are up to something.

Diane: Sex, I imagine.

@@@@@@@@

Chelsea: Adam, I’m glad I caught you. We need to talk about Connor.

Adam: Do we though?

Chelsea: Yes. He’s so moody. I can’t decide whether or not I should worry.

Adam: It’s called a phase. Boys are pricks. Some grow out of it, some turn into Nick.

Chelsea: Is it a phase or is it something deeper? I’ve applied all my healing arts and he still refuses to put the seat down.

Adam: Maybe there’s too much buttbiscuit in his diet. Are you making him play your shit ass game? I’m not a Magic 8 Ball, you fool.

Chelsea: Get fucked.

Adam: I’m sorry. I apologize. Of course I care about Connor. I’m just worried about the baby. Sally’s at risk for… preeclampsia!

Chelsea: Oh no! Well, by all means, here’s a free pass to be an obnoxious tit.

@@@@@@@

Sharon: It’s time we addressed the abusive stalker elephant in the room.

Faith: Are you sure? We could always discuss how to tell Dad that Summer has gone full metal asshole.

Sharon: I need to tell you what kind of monster we’re dealing with. CK, I mean.

@@@@@@@@

Cameron Kirsten settles into his hotel room and pours himself a glass of cognac. He takes a stroll down memory lane, wallowing in the methane swamp of obsession and curly mullets. He was a dick unaware of his own dickishness, who operated with the swagger of someone who mistook predation for manhood. Somewhere, a wild baboon howled. Cameron Kirsten shivered.

• Like 5
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
On 5/31/2023 at 4:01 PM, gingerella said:

This actor skeeves me out!

His name is Linden Ashby, he's 63-years-old, and he and Susan "Diane Jenkins" Walters married in 1986 and have two children together - he's played Cameron Kirsten since the character was first introduced in 2003, but, as the flash backs show, he looked a lot less like a "bloated alkie with a side meth habit" back then.

1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

what happened to SC’s voice

It's become increasingly nasal, which led me to wonder if she'd had a nose job.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There are rampant spumors Cameron is going to do something to Faith

What I find unbelievable about CK running into Faith in the park was why would the granddaughter of the head of a multi-billion dollar international corporation be walking around without an emergency alert icon on her cell phone that sends a distress message directly to Newman Enterprises security's 24-hour anywhere in the world response center which she should have activated when some strange man she'd never met started asking questions about her parents.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Ashley’s hatred of Diane has reached Crispy levels of crazy. Honestly, Diane is no worse than the coven. And her concern about Diane and Jabot. Has Diane indicated that she gives two shits about Jabot? I know everyone was dumbed down for this story but really Ashley? Diane ripped her ankle bracelet off and the first thing she does is get all dressed up and head to a restaurant owned by her ex husband’s daughter where everyone in town eats. Ashley, stop worrying about Diane and try to figure out why you bought that dress. 

It would be hilarious if Ashley brought Tucker into Jabot to stop this imaginary takeover plot from Diane and he…took it. 

While I’m happy that Sharon is getting a story, I don’t know if I’m up for a summer of Cameron torturing women. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

1. Wondering if Tucker's suggesting to Ashley that she forget the Abbotts and start a new company with him that will put Jabot to shame is part of some elaborate scam he's cooked up.

2. Why would anyone stay in their rather isolated home when they've obviously become the target of a psycho and have the financial resources to leave?

3. I think Ashley's 100% correct about Diane Jenkin's thirst for power.

4. Does Josh Morrow know how much of a ridiculous cliche his "Nick Newman pouty face" is? If Sally and Nick are still together when the baby arrives, then my guess is that Nick will post guards to keep Adam out the delivery so that he can play the proud papa.

• Like 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Please, show, give Tucker something to do.

Agreed! He's way too dynamic a character to just be Ashley's lapdog!

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I’m wondering if Connor, who is acting all moody and troubled and wasn’t thrilled about another surprise sibling, will have some kind of run in with Sally and she loses the baby. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 5

Please tell me how someone got on the ranch property to hand deliver a package?  Oh I forgot, Victor’s security sucks the big one. 

Chloe looks like she showered at the car wash and didn’t get the full service.  You put lipstick on a chipmunk and it’s still a chipmunk.  Her red lips are so off putting to me 😝

Ashley wearing Leopard spots. How appropriate for a catty person. What’s with the hair dos?  Ashley also looks like she showered at the car wash. 

Ashley is some kind of stupid by inviting the fox into the henhouse. Ashley knows that Tucker wanted to make a run at Jabot but to spite Diane, Ashley will destroy Jabot to keep Diane from destroying Jabot.  Was it me or did anybody else get the feeling that Ashley was more disappointed that Diane did not kill Crispy 2.0 than Crispy 2.0 was alive?  

Is it at all possible for Banana Breath to walk into a room without a scowl on his face?  Of course not. At least he wasn’t playing pocket pool.  Good save Banana Breath. Spooning was actually the last thing that was on his mind.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Js Nana said:

What I find unbelievable about CK running into Faith in the park was why would the granddaughter of the head of a multi-billion dollar international corporation be walking around without an emergency alert icon on her cell phone that sends a distress message directly to Newman Enterprises security's 24-hour anywhere in the world response center which she should have activated when some strange man she'd never met started asking questions about her parents.

That sounds exactly like something absolutely no young person would ever do after bumping into someone while out walking.  Faith running into someone who knows her parents who she's never met is old hat to her, considering how many prison and psychiatric stays they've had over the years, not to mention going on the run.  I just wish it was Sharon's old beau, Sam the Vet and his dog they brought back.

Now, if she'd fallen and couldn't get up, well, that's a whole other thing.

giphy.gif

I've told Sharon time and time again, NO BOTOX in her knees!

12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

His name is Linden Ashby, he's 63-years-old, and he and Susan "Diane Jenkins" Walters married in 1986 and have two children together - he's played Cameron Kirsten since the character was first introduced in 2003

But, are we so sure this is the REAL Linden Ashby, or is this just another plot by Susan Walters to take over the whole show?  Bwwwhahaha!  Mulva might be on the move.

Ok, I'm just gonna hop on down to Society and order a honkin' big plate of food that I won't eat and a bottle of their finest Wisconsin champagne.  Nothing says great champagne more than wine fertilized by dairy cows.  I'm partial to the Sparkling Cheddar though a bottle of semi-dry Curds is also festive, not to mention the ever popular Bratwurst White.

With any luck, Tucker will decide to stop by again.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I agree with what you're saying, but we're watching this storyline happen with Chelsea and Billy- a "romance" between a rapist and her victim. This is the second time they tried to sell these two as a legit couple- the last time it ended badly, but JG clearly doesn't give a shit about what the audience thinks. Also, let's not forget that he fired the entire writing staff, so there's no one there to object to his asinine storyline ideas.

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jack: Phyllis is alive, and there is DNA evidence to prove it. Your milkshake, we drank it.

Now that reference is a deep cut. From one of the most stellar performances in film history.

Sharon: We’ll be fine. Maybe Phyllis and Cameron will meet and create a self-eating vortex of malicious narcissism.

I have actually been trying to figure out how those two could get together. Cameron is way more Phyllis' speed than Jeremy Stark ever was. They could go on a "you punch 'em, I drive over 'em" spree of crime and mayhem across GC. 😈

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

NinjaPenguins, this particular piece of brilliance

Diane: Your sister is a cow.

Jack: Forget about her. I want to celebrate you. Your indomitable spirit, your peerless courage, your unmatched fortitude. Other people would have given up and gone meekly to their life sentence. Not my Diane. Your unflagging -

Diane: Jesus Christ, Jack, I didn’t win the Nobel Prize in medicine. Calm the fuck down.

out of all the others - and there are plenty - are keeping me from sleeping the sleep of the blessed.  My inane giggles are keeping the dogs awake.

****DEAD**** again!

• LOL 16
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I have actually been trying to figure out how those two could get together. Cameron is way more Phyllis' speed than Jeremy Stark ever was. They could go on a "you punch 'em, I drive over 'em" spree of crime and mayhem across GC

Knowing this show, Phyllis will somehow “redeem” herself by saving Faith from Cameron. That’s usually Adam’s gig, but Phyllis has become incredibly skilled at dispatching rapey douchebags.

9 hours ago, boes said:

I'm partial to the Sparkling Cheddar though a bottle of semi-dry Curds is also festive, not to mention the ever popular Bratwurst White

Boes is incredibly skilled at dispatching me.

Anyone else find their skin crawling at how needy Sally is with Nick? Maybe he broke her resistance down by being up her ass 24/7. “You’re usually so responsive”? Gross. You only call Nick when you ‘before’ photos for athlete’s foot medication. The joyless spooning at the end of the episode was the cherry on the shit sundae.

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

haron is ridiculous. Every time there's a knock at the door or the doorbell rings her bug eyes almost pop out of her hea

MEDICALLY IMPOSSIBLE That face hasn't moved in 4 years.

@NinjaPenguins-I see you have a post.  I'm gonna make a pot of tea  to drink which I hope doesn't wind up on my screen.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I will take Sharon - frozen face, serial killer voice (“Hello, Clarice”) and all over Sally, Ashley and Phyllis. And Chloe, Nicki, etc. But we will keep Audra. For now.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

**Side note: I hate how "oh no, I have gas, what shall I do, is the baby all right, I must call a man" Sally has become. 

I couldn't agree more.  When Sally first appeared, I really loved the character.  I don't watch B&B so I was unaware of both the actor and the character.  I liked her with Jack, her dislike of Phyllis, machinations with Dummer, all of it, especially her storyline with Adam.  She was, IMO, a breath of fresh air.

But since this horrendous b.s. storyline with Dickolas and the pregnancy storyline, she's become a shadow of her former self.  If Show continues to showcase her character this way, she could leave and I wouldn't miss her.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Kemper said:

Please, show, give Tucker something to do.

Like grow a brain and see what a deluded, shallow piece Assley is?

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Or a miracle delivery by Doctorjustgothisskillzback Nate.

• LOL 13
(edited)
42 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Or a miracle delivery by Doctorjustgothisskillzback Nate.

I'm betting this is going to be another elevator birth, this time the doctor on call in the stalled elevator will be Adam.  Reunion will ensue.

Here's hoping that when they get the elevator working, it falls on Nick's head.

Either one will do.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Like grow a brain and see what a deluded, shallow piece Assley is?

I'm still hoping Tucker is playing Ashley and the big coup will be him getting Jabot and not her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Okay...is it Victor, Nikki, or both of them that stink? Because this is the only reason I can come up with for the resting/active bitch face with her nose always up in the air, expression of Nikki Newman. Couldn't help but notice the Great Victor Newman, and his handmaiden had zero help to offer to "fix" things for Summer's murderous mama. And of course, it is business as usual, and ALL Diane's fault that Phyllis brought Stark to GC, and then murdered him. None of the coven have yet bothered to address how unhinged their shared obsession with Diane was, particularly Phyllis. She remains as delusional about this as the day she attended her own memorial service. Put her in an inpatient psychiatric setting until she gets over it, let her utilize the  HIPAA laws to hide. Okay then, Nick, Chance, and Newman security will be keeping Sharon safe from Cameron? Oh, boy, Sharon, you better leave town.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3

Phyllis today was…. I don’t have an appropriate adjective. It was hard to watch at some points, just how delusional and immature this woman in her 50s is supposed to be. She has all the self-awareness and maturity of an eight-year-old. She’s facing prison, her family is in shambles, and she’s exposed both of her children to criminal charges, but she’s still physically unable to stop herself from word vomiting about how other people are treating her unfairly. “Oh, so Diane’s acting so innocent” “Oh and I bet Christine can’t wait to get me”…. Diane is literally innocent, and you tried to murder Christine. But also, you are currently hiding out because you killed a man after you faked your own death to frame a lady you don’t like. So people not ~liking you~ can maybe be tabled for now.

I appreciated Daniel attempts to inject reality into that screed, but it was like a teaspoon of bleach in an Olympic-sized pool of raw sewage. Seeing him at the end sort of agreeing to help her was heartbreaking; he clearly hates himself but doesn’t feel like he has a choice. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2

It seems to me that if Nick really did care for Sally and she is at risk for pre-eclampsia, he would insist that she move out of hotels and into an actual home or apartment. What is with GC not having any homes?  We finally saw Sharon’s house for the first time in months but other than that, we only routinely see the Abbott House and Devon’s apartment. Occasionally we will get a glimpse of Chelsea’s apartment, the Ranch or Nates penthouse. But that is it. When is the last time we saw the Chancellor entryway? Or Michael and Lauren’s home? Phyllis has been homeless for years. 

Is it that expensive to have a set? I miss Brad’s house, Adrian Korbel’s apartment, even Phyllis’s apartment with the Three’s Company rounded door. What I DON’T miss? the tack house

• Like 9
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Please apologize to 8 year olds!

Don't bother.  Believe me, I've tried.  Those little shits can hold a GRUDGE!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 17

Well now, quick googling revealed there really is a jazz musician named Dizzy Reece and the LP Jack was waving around was actually released. This is my surprised face. Someone bts at Y&R is a true jazz aficionado.

I think Cameron-era Sharon kind of resembled Taylor Schilling, star of Orange is the New Black. She had a fresh-faced innocent look back then.

Not bad, Cameron? Are you blind? You look like you spent months on a Coors Light boilermaker bender at the Beaver Creek après-ski parties last season.

How meta. Diane and Cameron had a meet-cute. (Meanwhile, would Jack have recognized Cameron if he'd seen him? Not sure which GC citizens were in on the original Cameron storyline.)

You'd think the GCAC would have a back entrance. There must be times when someone shouldn't go through the lobby for security reasons. And sometimes people would simply want to avoid being seen by whoever happens to be in the dining room.

Good grief, the tale of how poor Phyllis was victimized by evil Stark gets scarier every time Summer tells it. But still, IMO Victor needs to keep Phyllis' name out his mouth. He hasn't always faced up to the consequences of his bad actions either. Plus, hasn't he let his family think he was dead at least once?

Creating unnecessary drama for your kids and then inserting yourself in the middle of it for attention and to test their loyalty. Phyllis and Chelsea are operating on Expert Level of that game.

Thank heavens Daniel sees through Phyllis' self-justifying b.s. He better also start seeing how not to get charged with obstruction of justice.

Daaaannng, Cameron! He showed up at the coffeehouse! Talking all kinds of nasty ish too. <shudder>

Buh buh buh busted, Summer. Ya burnt. Kyle finally got smart and followed his lying liar of a wife. There might yet be hope for Bouffant Boy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

What Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is wearing today has made her look better than she has in a long time.  It’s far far better than Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️’s usual frumpy look.  

Why wouldn’t there be a security guard, at CL, posing as a customer?  Too logical?  I guess they forgot to lock the patio door 🫣.  Why is Sharon listening to Cameron and not calling out to Banana Breath right away?  Did we have to listen to “how good” Sharon is?  

It’s quite random for Amanda and Harrison to be catching butterflies, at the pool house, at night 🤔

Why am I not surprised that Nikki is giving Saint Crispy 2.0 a pass and blaming Diane for Saint Crispy 2.0’s actions.  There is one thing about Nikki that she has down pat, as an actor, and that is the ability to look down her nose as she is delivering a diatribe.  Hey Nikki, Diane is going to use Jack’s name to open doors to begin a rein of terror?  You looked down your nose at Diane for abandoning her children so should Diane look down her nose at you for using Victor’s name to open doors and begin a rein of terror?  A hypocrite is me.  

And finally Crispy 2.0 has done it. Now she made Daniel a felon. Nice going Crispy 2.0. Once again I find it necessary to give Crispy 2.0 a new nickname. From now on I’m going to refer to her as Taz (Loony Tunes’ Tasmania Devil).  She’s spinning things so fast she’s creating a vortex in her room plus she’s causing more and mote havoc.  Could you actually believe that Taz thinks that Diane got away with killing her while she’s not dead?  Can you believe that Taz still thinks that she did nothing wrong and Christine should come after her?  Taz, WTF?  Killing Stark, in self defense, is the least of your problems.  Why is Taz focused on Carson, the EMT, he’s not going to cooperate that Stark forces you into faking your death unless you pay him off. Beside, wouldn’t Carson also be facing charges?    It’s known that Stark was a very bad person.  How are his emails and records going to help you?  Is there an email that says that Stark was behind the whole thing and Taz was forced into framing Diane ?  Is that the monkeys with a keyboard’s intention?  Busted!!  Now is Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ going to ask Kyle to be a felon?  

I was debating to go back to calling Phyllis Rodan once again because she was flapping her arms around but there was no caw caw. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not bad, Cameron? Are you blind? You look like you spent months on a Coors Light boilermaker bender at the Beaver Creek après-ski parties last season.

Right??  Seems Cameron has the same sort of body dysmorphia condition that I have.  In both our cases, we think we look much better than we actually do.

IMO Victor needs to keep Phyllis' name out his mouth. He hasn't always faced up to the consequences of his bad actions either. Plus, hasn't he let his family think he was dead at least once?

Grrrr.....Yep.  Victor getting all high and mighty about how Phyllis needs to come back and "own up to her actions, take what's coming to her" is pretty rich coming from that pustule.  He's done pretty much nothing but horrific things and he's never actually paid for any of them.  Even the last time he went to prison, he ended up having the most unlikely prison romance with that prison doctor.  Besides sex on the side, I remember she brought him contraband prunes.  

While Phyllis richly deserves all the punishment and payback she undoubtedly won't get, the last person who needs to be cheering on the GCPD is the same guy who tossed Diane from an ambulance and set Phyllis up to raped by Jack's doppelganger.   I'm sure he's also played dead at least once, probably the only time the remaining Newmans had a good night's sleep.

Nikki, didn't your mother ever tell you if you keep making that face, you'll be stuck with it?  There has to be a Boston creme pie somewhere in Genoa City with her name on it, ready to fly into into her pickle face.

Thank heavens Daniel sees through Phyllis' self-justifying b.s.

Phyllis is even more batshit crazy than usual.  Even when Daniel told her that Christine had good reason to dislike her for the way she treated her, Phyllis said, "Did not".  Between Phyllis honking her mouth horn in his ear and Dummer babbling over in the corner, I'm willing to give Daniel a little leeway until he gets out of the mouth of the beast.  Damn, Phyllis and Dummer are creepy as hell.

Buh buh buh busted, Summer. Ya burnt. Kyle finally got smart and followed his lying liar of a wife. There might yet be hope for Bouffant Boy.

Dummer's only hope is trying to convince Kyle that he accidentally injested a bad bunch of mushrooms and was hallucinating.  Poor guy.  At least, when he thought Phyllis was alive, opening a door and finding her behind it, grinning with all 74 of her blinding incisors and her deaths head grin must have been unsettling.  Seeing her unexpectedly, thinking she's dead, should have made his hair collapse in a heap just like Phyllis if somebody tossed a bucket of water on her.

So Sharon sends Dickolas into the storeroom to grab a bag of sugar while she goes out on the patio to see what needs refilling and runs into Cameron who proceeds to terrorize her.  What the hell took Nick so long to find that bag of sugar?   Or did he do what he usually does when he finds himself alone in an empty room and rub one out?

He probably violated health code regulations Genoa City didn't even know they had.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6