Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I suspect boes knows exactly what he’s doing. He certainly has stellar instincts for what Nick is doing.

3 hours ago, boes said:

What the hell took Nick so long to find that bag of sugar?   Or did he do what he usually does when he finds himself alone in an empty room and rub one out?

Nicholas feels very strongly that the sugar and cream should be stored together, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

I missed today’s episode because I was helping my mother shop for my niece’s baby shower. I can’t begin to describe how much fun it was, looking at endless decorations and baby paraphernalia. My mother is the type of shopper who will go through each aisle sixty times to make sure she’s seen everything. It was rather like sitting through Victor’s interminable orphan story. Sounds like I missed some prime Bluetooth, as Waldo has been moved to give her a new nickname.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, boes said:

Phyllis is even more batshit crazy than usual.  Even when Daniel told her that Christine had good reason to dislike her for the way she treated her, Phyllis said, "Did not". 

That line made me wish this was a reality show and Phyllis was getting the asshole edit. They show the person lying and then immediately roll that beautiful bean footage of the truth. Just a 5-second clip of Syph mowing down Paul and Chris. That’s all. That’s all I needed.

14 hours ago, boes said:

So Sharon sends Dickolas into the storeroom to grab a bag of sugar while she goes out on the patio to see what needs refilling and runs into Cameron who proceeds to terrorize her.  What the hell took Nick so long to find that bag of sugar?   Or did he do what he usually does when he finds himself alone in an empty room and rub one out?

What was with Sharon and the sugar on the table? Why did she pick one up and then gaze at it lovingly, smiling at it? And why are you filling full jars anyway? Is this a Dixie Crystals commercial? Are you… okay…?

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Could you actually believe that Taz thinks that Diane got away with killing her while she’s not dead?  Can you believe that Taz still thinks that she did nothing wrong

and yet there are super fans of Phyllis who are still standing behind her and think Diane is the devil incarnate. I don't get it.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

My mother is the type of shopper who will go through each aisle sixty times to make sure she’s seen everything. I

You just described my husband's grocery shopping habits.  It's like a field trip for him.  I have no patience with him and stopped going with him

I used to watch GH wherein one of the teens named Cameron, so I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of the Adult Cam {who desperately needs a shower].

• LOL 7
(edited)
On 6/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, Js Nana said:

why would the granddaughter of the head of a multi-billion dollar international corporation be walking around without an emergency alert icon on her cell phone tha

Because she's STUPID, and takes stupidity to the next level.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, Js Nana said:

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

My mother is the type of shopper who will go through each aisle sixty times to make sure she’s seen everything.

If it's a store that I frequent, then I have a mental image of what each aisle contains set in my head, and as I pass each aisle, I replay that image just in case there's something in it that I'll want.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

yet there are super fans of Phyllis who are still standing behind her and think Diane is the devil incarnate.

While watching the most recent scene between Phyllis and her children made me think of how alcoholics try to manipulate their children into being complicit in their behavior, I am still of the opinion that Diane's motivation is in entrenching herself in a position of power within Jabot, and her whole description of the extravagant lifestyle that attracted her to Jeremy Stark made it clear that she is a woman on the make - - dangle a big enough bauble in front of her, and she'll bite.

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

Has Diane indicated that she gives two shits about Jabot?

Yes, she does, because she wants what wealth can do for her and she wants her son to be the sole inheritor of the company with her as the Queen Mother - do you really think she would have given Jack Abbott a second look if he hadn't been one of those Abbotts, and the reason she hooked-up with Jeremy Stark was because of the extravagant lifestyle he offered her - when all is said and done, Diane is for Diane.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
34 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

I am still of the opinion that Diane's motivation is in entrenching herself in a position of power within Jabot, and her whole description of the extravagant lifestyle that attracted her to Jeremy Stark made it clear that she is a woman on the make - - dangle a big enough bauble in front of her, and she'll bite.

Even if that’s all true, that puts Diane exactly on par with the coven. Ashley, born into money but seeking even more through her relationship with a billionaire; Phyllis, who came on the scene trying to trap a rock star; and Tassels, the stripper with a heart of aluminum who landed herself a whale. They’re all out for themselves and interested in men with money and power, and they’re all constantly angling for their kids to get the biggest slice of the pie.

The four of them are cut from the same cloth, and it remains baffling why they’re not all friends. Even fighting over the same man, Ashley and Nikki have swapped Victor back and forth between them multiple times (and low-key if Ashley wanted him Victor would leave Nikki again). But somehow they’re allies and Diane is the devil? It’s just so strange. 

• Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

At this point in her life , Diane seems to me that she would be content to.stay home, spend money, go on trips, museums etc and spend time with Hairyson.  And don't even get me started on Nikki Tassels.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Rye said:

Even if that’s all true, that puts Diane exactly on par with the coven. Ashley, born into money but seeking even more through her relationship with a billionaire; Phyllis, who came on the scene trying to trap a rock star; and Tassels, the stripper with a heart of aluminum who landed herself a whale. They’re all out for themselves and interested in men with money and power, and they’re all constantly angling for their kids to get the biggest slice of the pie.

The four of them are cut from the same cloth, and it remains baffling why they’re not all friends. Even fighting over the same man, Ashley and Nikki have swapped Victor back and forth between them multiple times (and low-key if Ashley wanted him Victor would leave Nikki again). But somehow they’re allies and Diane is the devil? It’s just so strange. 

ITA. The ways the coven have tried to "force the universe" to expose Diane has been repugnant to watch, in the light that not one of them can claim to be standing on a moral foundation superior to Diane's. They could have all sat there with their mouths shut and let life play out. Jack and Kyle would have just looked like well-intentioned idiots. As things stand now, even if they were "right" about Diane, the coven participants all look psychotically obsessed by a need for revenge that they seem to have been personally spared for their own misdeeds. IMO, this is a storyline suffused with horribly misogynistic stereotypical tropes. A terrible look for women in general. I am surprised these actresses agree to continue  perpetuating this narrative, whether Diane is ultimately revealed to be "guilty" or not. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

this is a storyline suffused with horribly misogynistic stereotypical tropes. A terrible look for women in general. I am surprised these actresses agree to continue  perpetuating this narrative,

This was a great analysis and I 100% agree. I wish this show would wake up and enter the 21st century.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/1/2023 at 7:14 PM, Rye said:

It’s just stupid, it doesn’t make any sense why they hate Diane this much, she’s about on par with Ashley and Nikki in terms of bad behavior (iirc Diane faked her death after Nikki actually attacked her), and she’s light years behind Phyllis.

I don’t get it.

Or, put differently, get a life.

The death faking thing is only one thing that Diane did. She rolled an SUV over her own foot just to frame SyPhyllis. She set fire to the Abbot pool house to frame SyPhyllis. She instigated sperm-gate, and of course she was married to Grampire, twice. She and Jack boinked on the night before his marriage to Patty, and she helped to drive her insane. Jack fought her for custody of Kyle and lost due to SyPhyllis being badgered on the witness stand, and she repeatedly used Kyle as a pawn against Jack. She's much worse than Ashley and Nikki. SyPh, especially, Nikki and Ashley all have good reason to hate her. All that being said, most of this stuff was a very long time ago. Think about it, most of the people you hate from ten or twenty years ago, how do you feel now? You still hate them, but could you even be bothered to give them the time of day? It's ridiculous that Nikki, Ashley and SyPh are so worked up over Diane Jenkins when they should just be shunning her. And the saddest part of all is that it's not OG Diane, the "real" Diane - played by Alex Donnelley. It's MulvaDiane whose stories have always been all about SyPhyllis. This makes me team Ash/Nikki/and yes in a way even SyPh. I just can't wait until it's all over and Diane is run out of town. I said from the moment we saw Mulva that this was nothing more that a SyPhyllis story, the kind where no one believes her and then she is proven right. And it's an even worse rendition than expected.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, boes said:

I'm sure he's also played dead at least once

I feel like Grampire has definitely played dead three or four times. 

Nikki, didn't your mother ever tell you if you keep making that face, you'll be stuck with it?  There has to be a Boston creme pie somewhere in Genoa City with her name on it, ready to fly into into her pickle face.

Speaking of Nikki, did she have a voice-ectomy or a voice-lift? She sounds like she's talking in a higher register now.

Dummer's only hope is trying to convince Kyle that he accidentally injested a bad bunch of mushrooms and was hallucinating.  Poor guy.  At least, when he thought Phyllis was alive, opening a door and finding her behind it, grinning with all 74 of her blinding incisors and her deaths head grin must have been unsettling.

Okay, I had to look this up. My friend Google tells me, "Deep in South America's rainforests, the giant armadillo (Priodontes maximus) tops the land mammal tooth count, at 74 teeth."

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

I almost thought I was watching DOOL on Thursday with how Ashley was acting. The fact that ED has to channel Kristen DiMera while talking about Diane says alot. 

With Nick/Sally on the canvas I get Shick is the lesser of 2 evils but at the same time, Sharon deserves much better than Nick. I didn't watch Y&R during Shick's late 90's glory days so I was never 100% on board with the idea that Nick & Sharon belong together. And not factoring in whatever JM thinks about his character, Nick is the kind of guy that ends up alone IRL. Not as a punishment per se, but that's usually what happens to men like him that never mature & take the people in their lives, usually women, but their kids/relatives too, for granted. 

Same goes for Adam and Sally. Sally would go back to being a better version of herself with Adam but Adam would do better with a woman that's immune to being N(d)ickmatized into thinking the worst of him in the first place. Should this trash show ever allow such a thing to be possible. 

If Diane is really after Jabot, TIIC should do a better job of showing us instead of having Ashley screech it at us every 10 minutes. Because between her using Tucker & riding for Phyllis (who has an equally long track record of shitting on Jack, the Abbott family AND Jabot) her perspective is insanely skewed. Emphasis on insane.....

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, MsMalin said:

and yet there are super fans of Phyllis who are still standing behind her and think Diane is the devil incarnate. I don't get it.

Those people weird me out. I saw a tweet that pretty much said that Diane should be over the moon that Phylty is alive because that exonerates her for murder.............. uh...maybe the fact that Phyllis framed her & never even died to begin with is what exonerates Diane for murder. But I'll be nice & assume that being a full blown Phyllis stan in 2023 hinders some of the brain from doing it's job.

I don't hate Diane & Susan Walters is cool but I still don't care about the character. I will likely defend her in this shit storm of a SL because the coven sucks that much more these days. However, imo her character ran its course a long time ago & apparently all she's good for now is giving Phyllis & the rest of the coven more air time to be even bigger bitchy hypocrites than they already were. If anyone had to be resurrected it should've been Colleen or even Deila since GH undid Jake's death, Y&R could've ripped them off again and done the same. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 6
  • Love 5

@Skarzero I think most of the desire to see Shick together comes from how they got together originally, two teens, Sharon was extremely poor and Nick was the heir to the Newman dynasty. Nikki in particular was horrible to Sharon, which was rich coming from her. It just made you root for the crazy kids. Not unlike Brooke and Ridge, actually. If you missed the beginning of it, it’s like why don’t these people just leave each other alone. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/2/2023 at 5:03 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

Wondering if MTS is on the Ozempic train. Her weight has fluctuated some in the last 10-20 years but she seems pretty thin. 

I noticed her weight loss too.  She has gone up and down over the years and she is looking great right now.  Nice not to see her squeezed into matronly clothes although I think the wardrobe people could do so much better not just for her but for all the actors!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Confess to not being able to watch most of this episode. Thought Ashley had a "Baby Jane" look going with her hairdo. "I've written a letter to Daddy..." and I was relieved when Tucker more or less told her to move on from the obsessions of the Coven. She is too accomplished and intelligent for this IMO, whatever her concerns about her Jackie and Jabot. Then Phyllis came on with more of her deflections and dissembling, so I noped out. If anyone from the show production staff reads here, this is the stuff of Dynasty and Dallas, circa 1980. This IMO is NOT anything that will attract the young female summer viewers the show hopes to hook. These are not patterns of behavior young women respect anymore, no matter "What Diane Did."  It is categorized now as mean girl at least, and bullying. It is also ageist towards the actresses performing this storyline. Most women of their ages, possessing the financial, educational, vocational, and social statuses enjoyed by the Coven, would not see Diane as anything more than a trifling annoyance that they would have ample resources to deal with in the here and now, should the occasion occur.

• Like 3
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

For a moment, just for a moment, I thought Bouffant Boy had grown a pair and was going to contact the police and blow Bluetooth's story up. But, true to form he does NOTHING, making all three of them, Dummer, Danial and BB accessories after the fact, which can call for pretty heavy time, but no, Bluetooth bamboozles him. Figures.

And Can MS act without MOVING THOSE GOD DAM arms? Aside from being a crap actress, that particular tic makes me annoyed like nails on a chalkboard.

AT LEAST, we have story lines that don't involve and COS, CEOS, CFOS,  or corporate intrigue which IMO even tho it is  dreck regarding Bluetooth . I am happy the Tucker seems to be around for a  while which makes me actually want to stick wih the show  {Ashley, you aren't fooling me, there's love light in those heavily made up eyes!}

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

Phyllis is taking everyone down, isn’t she? What an emotionally immature narcissistic… character.

Glad we could at least hear some truths coming out of Kyle’s mouth. Summer appears brainwashed and Daniel looks like he’s been taken hostage.  Good acting choices considering the storyline.

The competing weddings situation is so childish. 

I skipped the Cameron/Sharon dialogue because the whole thing is gross.

When was the last time we saw a fun storyline or events on this show? The Mariah & Tessa wedding? I don’t count the Jack & Diane stuff because I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall.

I’m desperate for romance, unexpected pairings, laughter from semi-comedic performances. Anything, but this. 

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Good grief, Ashley. You just got turned out by master swordsman and orator Tucker and all you can do is keep ranting about Diane. Shut up.

Gee, Nick would almost rather have Faith or Sharon get attacked by Cameron than put on his big boy pants and deal with Victor man-to-man. What a whiny baby. Good thing Sharon was thinking clearly.

Harrison's to be the ring bearer at the Jenkins-Abbott nuptials. Hope that doesn't mean Jack has to wear a gray velour tux like Ashland did at the Tuscany wedding. 😏

Has Diane has lost her flipping mind? Summer would not serve as matron of honor for the woman her mommy hates more than anyone else in the world. Frankly I think it would be insulting for Diane to even ask Summer but perhaps that would be the point.

Kyle read Phyllis like a set of assembly instructions from IKEA written upside down in Ancient Greek. But I think every moment he stood there listening to her, the weaker his position became. And OMG, Harrison shouldn't be used as an excuse to keep Grandma Psycho out of jail.

Phyllis "deserves a fighting chance"? Summer, has Mrs. Martinez been letting you lick the knife after she makes PB&J sandwiches for Harrison? The only thing your mommy deserves is a long, all-expenses paid stay in the upstate correctional facility.

Whee! Tipsy Tucker is even more fun than than sober Tucker. Congrats to the newly betrothed! 🤡

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Shouldn’t the ranch security guards be able to keep Cameron out?  Shouldn’t one of the security guards be at CL. Shouldn’t a restraining order be filed?  Shouldn’t they be recording conversations with Cameron?  Too logical?  Why not bring Victor in?  Wouldn’t you think that Victor already knows that something is up because Banana Breath put ranch security on high alert?  

Is Taz🌪️ talking about Diane or herself when she being defiant in justifying her actions. Taz 🌪️is so full of 💩 that her eyes should turn brown and her teeth should go from blue to brown.  Not to mention her breath that a large bottle of Scope would even be the least bit effective. 

Ashley Ashley Ashley, Tucker is a lot more capable of destroying your family than Diane ever could be. 

I truly get a kick out of Banana Breath, Ashley, and other projecting to know what people will do. Ashley with Diana and now Banana Breath with Victor. 

Why the fuck does Taz🌪️ want to clear her name before turning herself in. Can’t she turn herself in than clear her name.  Lauren would definitely make Michael, the best lawyer in the world, defend you. I can’t tell you how much I dislike Taz🌪️.  I know a real life Taz🌪️ that adds to my disdain for her. While we are on the subject, I also know a real life Ashley 🤢🤢🤮.  There should be a sing along in Taz🌪️’s room.  🎼I’m a felon, He’s a felon, We’re a felon, Be a felon, Wouldn’t you like to be a felon too?  

Kyle are you a man or a 🐀?  Turn in Taz🌪️.

You got to love Tucker ever the opportunist.  Instead of a shotgun wedding, Tucker is using blackmail to marry Ashley.  Be aware be very aware of a smooth talking man with a wry grin. 

Hey Victor, don’t disparage the GCPD. You probably have a bigger security team than the GCPD.  I guess Mariah is the redheaded step child. Where is her security guard at the door of the tack house?  

Taz🌪️, to quote Beretta, “Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time”.  

Come on monkeys with a keyboard how ridiculous can you be?  A security badge without a picture?  There is a security guard, at the Tower, so wouldn’t you think there would be security cameras also?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

THE NEWMAN SECURITY TEAM:

image.thumb.png.568b9f2346ab61fef877bdd540bfe10d.png

31 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I know a real life Taz🌪️ that adds to my disdain

Ugh, sorry to hear that!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

So you mean to tell me that the only ID that a security guard tasked with keeping Victor Newman alive for another 200 years  is required to have is a piece of construction paper with “security guard” written  on it? 

And really, the guards don’t have a picture of Cameron? Not even Chance could miss Cameron walking around.

I was really hoping for a Scooby Doo style scene of Kyle running through the halls followed by Crispy who is followed by Summer who is followed by Daniel then have the line up reversed as they run in the opposite direction  

Ashley’s vendetta and panic over Diane is the prime example of telling and not showing when it comes to storytelling. We haven’t seen Diane give one shit about Jabot but Ashley is acting like she’s Genoa City’s answer to Elon Musk attempting a hostile takeover at any moment. However I do enjoy that her Diane induced psychosis has rendered her stupid so that she ignores the actual corporate tycoon egging her on into both a quick marriage and corporate shenanigans and how suspicious that is. I will enjoy watching that blow up in her face and will be rooting for Tucker all the way.

I also enjoyed the final chaotic moments at the Abbot mansion with horny Jack and Diane and drunk Ashley and Tucker both stumbling through the door and the look on Kyle’s face trying to figure out what the craziest part of his night was.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Nick: We gotta lock all the doors, board up the windows, pull the curtains -

Sharon: Nick.

Nick: Machine gun turrets, an electric fence, oh my god, what about a panic room? You’re installing a panic room yesterday. I’ve got a line on a junk punching alpaca we can station at the front door.

Sharon: OMG NICK CALM YOUR TITS!

Nick: instinctively claps his hands over his nips. Tits calming, returning to default status.

Sharon: Let’s not panic Faith. And let’s not handle Cameron the way we did last time.

Nick: Can I at least make tea in a manly fashion?

Sharon: As much as you do anything in a manly fashion.

@@@@@@@@@@

Cameron: Stalking cap, check. Rape kit, cheek. Skeevy facial hair, check check check.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: I’m really good at sex.

Ashley: That’s true. It’s hard to enjoy the echoes of orgasms past with Diane Jenkins running amok.

Tucker: Diane Jenkins, Diane Jenkins! I’m so fucking tired of hearing about Diane Jenkins! For crissakes, you called her name out in bed.

Ashley: I’m laser focused on saving my family and the company.

Tucker: Let’s go on a vacation. Time away might cure your Diane stress.

Ashley: I can’t go on vacation when there’s a family that needs saving from Diane Jenkins.

@@@@@@@

Kyle: What the actual fuck is Phyllis doing here?

Summer: You followed me? But I’m Supergirl!

Daniel: You’re the Avenging Asshole.

Kyle: Well, fuckface? What the fuck is all this?

Phyllis: You’re shocked.

Kyle: No shirt, Shitlock. Well, I guess we’ll drive to the police station now.

Daniel: Ohhhh snap, Mom.

Summer: Daniel, wait in the hall and karate chop anyone who approaches. Also, you’re an uptight pantywaist who will tell Kyle when he’s being manipulated and we can’t have that.

Daniel: Whatever.

@@@@@@@@

Nick: How’s our girl?

Sharon: She fell asleep with her kitteh. I hope the repeated references to the cat aren’t an omen of something dark and twisted that has no place in a soap opera.

Nick: I will punch any person who hurts a fictional animal square in the dick.

Sharon: I’ve always felt you weren’t a complete waste.

Nick: Right?

Sharon: Why don’t we bring Nikki and Victor in on this? They could use their fuck you money and high and mighty attitude for good.

Nick: Ehhhhh. You bring them in, we lose control of the situation. I want to be the one who thumps Cameron.

Sharon: Does it matter who thumps him? Don’t be such a glory whore.

Nick: I worry dad will somehow leverage this favor in some evil way. He hates my relationship with Sally. I just like to remind everyone I’m banging my bro’s babymama.

Sharon: Oh, honey, everyone hates your relationship with Sally. Especially Sally.

@@@@@@@

Jack: Schmoopy.

Diane: Schmoopy.

@@@@@@@@@

Ashley: I’ve still got feelers out to the board. Diane is going to use her unearned position to claw her way to the top if I don’t start an all out corporate war.

Tucker: Is she bad at her job?

Ashley: I fail to see the relevance.

Tucker: Okay, so… you’re going to weaponize the board against your brother in order to save him?

Ashley: Precisely.

Tucker: Jack is about as beloved as a CEO can be. If you don’t successfully knock him off his perch, he’ll be lionized.

Ashley: He is beloved and rightfully so. He’s a good businessman. However, I’m going to have to burn Jack’s little empire to the ground because he’s sticking his dick in a woman I don’t like.

Tucker: Wow. Okay. So, Billy is on Jack’s side and could inhale us both. Traci just wants everyone to get along. Kyle, well, I’m sure he’d love to help you kneecap his daddy.

Ashley: I get it. I need finesse. That’s where you come in.

Tucker: Well, it’s true that I do my best finessing in the boardroom and the bedroom. I’mma need one thing before we kick off this holy war against Jack - your hand in marriage.

@@@@@@@@

Kyle: You were going to let my mom go to trial for a murder that never happened!

Phyllis: Boo hoo! Like your mother is so innocent? Like she’s never framed a woman or caused her family pain? Like Diane has never gutted a man like a fish and dumped his bloodless body in a lake?

Summer: Jesus, mom. Read a room.

Phyllis: Right. What I meant to say is I’m sorry, Kyle. My bad. My head is just spinning from all the guilt.

Kyle: Guilt? Is that what you named your demon?

Phyllis: Excuse you. The demon went home after I sacrificed Stark to it.

Kyle: Do you even understand how much more of an asshole your daughter was when she was grieving? If you’re really sorry, turn yourself in.

Summer: Oh my god, Kyle, cops are not the answer!

Kyle: For crimes, yes they are.

Phyllis: I just need time to clear my name. I killed Jeremy, but it wasn’t murder. It was self defense.

Kyle: And you didn’t go to the police immediately because…?

Daniel: Hey, yo, that’s what I said!

@@@@@@@

Jack: Let’s just absolutely wallow in planning our wedding. Everyone watching should get psychological diabetes.

Diane: Now that I’m out of jail, I’m ready to dive in with both feet. I imagine Kyle will be your best man?

Jack: Only if he lowers his bouffant to below sea level.

Diane: We could all walk down the aisle together. Wouldn’t that be teeth achingly sweet?

Jack: I wish we could get married every single day.

Diane: And now my best idea: I plan on asking Summer to be my matron of honor.

Record scratch.

Jack: Um…

@@@@@@@@

Nikki: Thank you for inviting us after dark. You know how the sunlight tends to ignite Victor’s skin.

Victor: I can see Nicholas does not have his head stuck in the bannister again. What is going on?

Sharon: Cameron Kirsten.

Nikki: Ugh. How utterly disgusting. What is that piece of detritus up to?

Sharon: He’s back in town.

Victor:  I don’t recall giving him permission. Wasn’t he in prison? Is he the one I sealed behind a brick wall?

Nick: He was in prison. He got out, got himself a Sharon lookalike, beat her up, went back to prison. He appears to be free again. You’d think there would have been a Nick lookalike to kick the ever living shit out of him.

Sharon: I’ve been getting creepy little gifts sent to me. A bottle of champagne with a smear of blood on it, a cigar box, a bundle of weak chin hairs… 

Victor: Have you brought the police into this?

Nick: We brought Chance into it. Sharon’s milkshake did anyway.

Nikki: He’s in town? Have you seen him.

Sharon: Not until last night, when Nick was helping me close the shop.

Nick: I refilled the cream, hehehehe.

Victor: Son, you are so very dismal, k? Did Cameron do anything?

Sharon: He taunted us and played his usual mind games. The worst thing is that he made contact with Faith in the park and pretended to be an old friend.

Nikki: Well, you and Faith sinply must stay at the raunch tonight. Victor just stocked the moat with fresh piranha and we’ve replaced the three goats in a trenchcoat with a real live ninja.

Sharon: Thank you. Of course, Faith will probably want to stay home, but I’ll try to convince her.

Nick: Let’s quadruple security.

Victor: I have already done this through my telepathic link to the dark guardian spirits who hover around the estate. Get on my level, k?

@@@@@@@@

Cameron Kirsten returns to his room and slips his outfit into a black garbage bag, as one does. He slowly undresses, tantalizing no one except for those who find white Play-doh to be the ultimate aphrodisiac.

@@@@@@@

Kyle: By all means, use every tool in your narcissist’s toolbox.

Phyllis: I came back. Came back. I’m here to make amends. To take responsibility and face the consequences. I can only do that in secret and by doggedly hunting for ways to assassinate Stark’s already low and seedy character.

Kyle: Like what the fuck even are the words coming out of your mouth? How can you do that stuck in a room in one of the most popular spots for every fucking person you know?

Phyllis: Admittedly, that was dumb. But you see, it was about my children. Just knowing that Daniel was upstairs shagging his girlfriend or that Summer might come in and dine was such a comfort to me.

Summer: I feel as loved as one of Kyle’s hats.

Kyle: Not now, asshole.

Phyllis: My next move is a good one. I’m sorry I hurt you and your mother, Kyle. I was jealous. It felt like Diane had everything I wanted, a love life, a steady job, and a child who would speak to her. I was just so vulnerable to Stark’s manipulations.

Kyle: That’s all your fault, tho.

Phyllis: Your mother and I actually have a lot in common. I only faked my death for about a week, though, and your mother played dead for years. We both came home for our babies.

Kyle: You watched your kids be absolutely broken by grief while sporting a two dollar wig. My god, you could have prevented Danny from singing that cornball schlock tribute. All that aural suffering is on you. Dear god, Summer, can you make another face while you stand next to your mother like a ventriloquist’s dummy?

Phyllis: I told her it would freeze that way. Look, Kyle, I can’t fix this from behind bars. And I can’t have my fate left to Christine’s mercy. She hates me for some reason. What I’m saying is, I’m just a psychopath, standing before a bouffant, asking him to let her off the hook.

@@@@@@@@

Ashley: You are just laser focused on getting married.

Tucker: Better than being laser focused on Diane Jenkins. But since you are, I feel it’s important to lend some legitimacy to our relationship for when I take over Jabot and make it my bitch.

Ashley: Yeah right.

Tucker: Well, I’m hoping you’re sincere when you say your vows, but even if you’re not, I’m grateful for the opportunity for some corporate mischief. I’m telling you quite plainly that I’m going to use your deranged hatred for Diane to fuel my rocket ship to the CEO’s office.

Ashley: DIANE JENKINS!!!

@@@@@@@

Jack: I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but… don’t?

Diane: It’s a risk, yes, but I dreamt about our wedding while hiding at the Abbott cabin, and in my dream, Summer was the matron of honor.

Jack: I used to dream that I filled Billy’s nostrils with cement, but I didn’t run out and rent a cement mixer.

Diane: Summer needs to know that she’s loved and has family that won’t abandon her.

Jack: Nah.

Diane: With Phyllis up to her cyan chompers in legal drama, Summer needs support and compassion. Phyllis too. You know, I actually pity her. She’s just bad at life.

Jack: Allie could be your maid of honor. Remember her?

Diane: I have an idea. It’s sex.

Jack: I wish I’d thought of that.

@@@@@@@@@

Sharon: Faith said she’s not going to let some piece of shit drive her out of her home.

Nick: That’s my girl!

Victor: Don’t you worry, k? There are men at the gate, around the perimeter and in your chimney. Hellhounds will materialize at my command.

Sharon: Thank you, Nikki. Thank you, Victor. I appreciate your help. Good night.

Nick: Must. Punch. Cameron.

Sharon: What about that manly tea brewing you were going to do?

Nick: I forgot! LOL. I’ll make you my specialty - tit tea. Titty! God damn, I’m going to giggle all night.

Sharon: Just kidding. I don’t trust you around hot water. Or tepid water, for that matter.

Nick: Dad just messaged me. A security guard was knocked unconscious, stripped to his skivvies, which were pulled up over his head and had Newman Sux written on his butt with A1 steak sauce.

@@@@@@@

Kyle: Phyllis, you repulsive freak, you’ve made everyone in this room complicit in your crimes. Your daughter will go to jail. Daniel could go. I feel guilty just standing here.

Summer: Oh poo. No one goes to jail for helping their mommy.

Phyllis: I would never hurt my kids!

Kyle: You already have. It’s too late. Accessory after the fact, aiding and abetting, collusion… how do I explain those things to Harrison?

Summer: Could you explain them to me first?

Kyle: No cops, for the moment. I’m out of here. I can’t stand here and pretend that Phyllis’ facial expressions match her words of remorse. She cray.

Phyllis: Go ahead and go after him before he dry humps a fez.

@@@@@@@

Summer: Kyle, I know this is a lot to take in - 

Kyle: Not for you. You seemed very calm and at ease seeing your back from the dead mother for the first time.

Summer: I’m just really mentally strong.

Kyle: Nope.

Summer: What are you getting at?

Kyle: This isn’t your first clown rodeo with Phyllis. How long have you been committing felonies on her behalf?

Diane: Kyle, Summer, I’m so glad to see you. I know it must be difficult for you to see me celebrate my freedom, Summer, with your mother facing some pretty serious consequences. I have nothing but compassion for you and Phyllis. And I’m so glad you have Kyle to lean on.

Ashley: Here we are, making a sloppy drunk entrance!

Jack: We’re just going to bed. It’s getting late.

Ashley: You’ll want to stick around for our grand announcement.

Jack: No, I won’t.

Tucker: This divine piece of tail, this miracle of a woman has agreed to marry me. Again! Look at her chug that champagne! We’ll be tying the knot as soon as possible and then messing with people as husband and wife.

Crickets.

@@@@@@@

Daniel: That went well.

Phyllis: Not really. But, hey, how are you? Like, how are you really. I call these questions performative empathy.

Daniel: You pretended to die, watched us mourn, killed a man, told only Summer you were alive because I have morals, then made both your children accessories to your crimes.

Phyllis: And?

Daniel: I love you, but forgiveness is so far away that the light from it won’t reach you before the heat death of the universe.

Phyllis: I’m going to make this right. You’ll see. If you need to talk about this for years, then we’ll do that. I won’t actually be listening, but you can whine as much as you want.

Daniel: Good talk, mom.

@@@@@@@@

To exactly no one’s surprise, Cameron Kirsten emerges from the shower and lovingly caresses a very basic security guard’s uniform and the accompanying badge. Fortunately there are no cameras anywhere in Genoa City, and even though Cameron is registered under his real name, he can still elude everyone. He also has a face easily recognized by all his potential victims, so the uniform isn’t much of a disguise. At least put on some velour and class this shitshow up.

• Fire 4
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

1. I loved the way Phyllis turned the tables in today's episode vis-a-vis Jack and Kyle embracing Diane's "remorse" for having faked her death.

2. If Kyle is worried about how to explain to Harrison why his "mother" is in jail, how did he explain it to him when his actual mother, Tara, disappeared from his life when she was sent-up on a federal charge of embezzlement - and since no one gets a life sentence for embezzlement, she's going to make some kind of reappearance in her son's life, unless Y&R has decided to dump that character like she never existed and pretend that Summer gave birth to Harrison.

3. Summer being Diane's matron-of-honor would have the effect of erasing Phyllis, which is exactly what Diane has wanted since her reappearance - Phyllis is a runaway train, but Diane is a schemer.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

THE NEWMAN SECURITY TEAM

This being the 21st century, the ID badge and service radio that CK stole from the Newman security guard would do him no good, as the GPS on the radio would be used to track him down and the identifying data encoded in the ID badge that would have given him entry to any Newman property would have been deleted from the system within five minutes of the guard being found - so either CK is being written as operating under the impression that the guard won't be found before he can get his hands on Sharon, or whoever writes this stuff has no idea how security systems work now-a-days.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
25 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

We haven’t seen Diane give one shit about Jabot

Jabot is what's going to give Diane the lifestyle and access to power that she craves, and fortunately for Jack, Dinae finds his being the head of an international corporation a very powerful aphrodisiac - - but if Jack finally wakes up to the truth about what attracts her to him, maybe Victor will take her back - - can ya' tell I'm not a fan of Diane?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

THE NEWMAN SECURITY TEAM

I found it hilarious when Victor sang the praises of the Newman security team on today's show - is this not the same team that couldn't keep Ashland Locke from sneaking into Victoria's house?

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Kyle.  Kyle Kyle Kyle Kyle.

First of all, 

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And most importantly, you don't LOCK EYES WITH THE PHYLLISORAPTOR so she can hynotize you with her giant mouthful of razor sharp incisors, dripping with gastric juices while she melts your bouffanted brain with her incessant and insane jabberings.

Kyle did fine there, off and on, but he ended up shooting with blanks.  Dummer looked she was going to melt into that pout and Daniel looked like he'd bargained with the devil and lost.

Next time - and there will be a next time -  folks need to come for Phyllis armed with silver bullets, bulbs of garlic and a thesaurus so she can learn new words instead of repeating every single thing at least twice.

I wonder if Fairview has a family rate, because if so, perhaps both Phyllis and Ashley can be admitted together, since they used to be related by marriage, several different ways.  Ashley is almost as nuts as Phyllis and if Tucker really wants Ashley in her present condition, then he needs to get in on that family plan as well.

I think Sharon Case is doing a decent job in the Cameron Kirsten storyline and I think Nikki and Victor were pretty good today as well.  Nick, though...... the guy could do an 'addicted to masturbation' or 'has a romantic entanglement with a squirrel' or even pull off a Lifetime movie about a man with a rash that doesn't respond to treatment with ensuing heartbreak but he cannot do this kind of drama, or drama of any kind.  Everyone else was able to muster up a sense of dread or apprehension but JM acted like he was THIS close to getting a free subway sandwich but he'd lost his card.

We've had to watch Cameron Kirsten disrobe twice now and that's enough for me.  Show, distract us with, oh, I don't know, maybe a decent storyline?

ETA - what's all this nonsense about Diane needing Jack running Jabot to fulfill her need to Grand Dame it over Tassels (thanks to whichever of you fabulous preverts coined that one) and gain "entrance" to Genoa City's elite?

First of all, entrance to Genoa City's "elite" can be achieved with a decent cheese plate and some summer sausage and nobody can ever take "Hey Big Spender" away from Tassels in any case.  Ashley will be able to torture and emotionally manipulate her family with Diane there or gone and Kyle has enough hair product, he doesn't need his Mommy to buy him more.  Even if Ashley dethrones Jack at Jabot, he's still going to have plenty of money, so even if that's what Diane is after, Jack will still have the cash.  

And I bet her cheese plate can bet any of theirs hands down.

The Coven is just getting more delusional by the day.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Sharon: She fell asleep with her kitteh. I hope the repeated references to the cat aren’t an omen of something dark and twisted that has no place in a soap opera.

Nick: does that mean I shouldn't say  I love pussy?

8 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Cameron Kirsten returns to his room and slips his outfit into a black garbage bag, as one does. He slowly undresses, tantalizing no one except for those who find white Play-doh to be the ultimate aphrodisiac.

OMG hilarious! You mean you didn't enjoy his striptease?

• LOL 12
(edited)

Right? Cameron's pasty, doughy body is almost vomit-inducing to me. Who is that supposed to be impressing? Maybe the actor should've hit the gym and a spray tanning service once he knew he'd be doing so many shirtless scenes.

What I’m saying is, I’m just a psychopath, standing before a bouffant, asking him to let her off the hook.

Heh, I have a feeling Julia Roberts wouldn't appreciate being referenced by psycho Red.

If Kyle is worried about how to explain to Harrison why his "mother" is in jail, how did he explain it to him when his actual mother, Tara, disappeared from his life when she was sent-up on a federal charge of embezzlement - and since no one gets a life sentence for embezzlement, she's going to make some kind of reappearance in her son's life, unless Y&R has decided to dump that character like she never existed and pretend that Summer gave birth to Harrison.

How much did I hate hearing Kyle say Harrison calls Summer "Mommy"? THIS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! It's even worse than the "Mommy Hope" bovine excrement over on B&B. At least Hope actually adopted her son. Summer has no legal connection to Harrison except via her marriage to Kyle and that marriage could break up at any moment.

In fact, I'm not even sure Kyle has a legal entitlement to Harrison beyond a positive paternity test. (Which I still believe Tara messed with via the med tech who took the blood samples.) Isn't Ashland still considered Harrison's father due to his name on Harrison's birth certificate?

I need Tara to come back and blow all Kyle and Not the Mama Summer's shite up. It makes no sense to pretend she doesn't exist because people who've been watching the show since Harrison first showed up know better.

erasing Phyllis, which is exactly what Diane has wanted since her reappearance -

Ehh, that's not what I'm seeing.

what's all this nonsense about Diane needing Jack running Jabot to fulfill her need to Grand Dame it over Tassels (thanks to whichever of you fabulous preverts coined that one) and gain "entrance" to Genoa City's elite?

Yeah, again, that's not what I'm seeing. Not yet anyway. While I think Diane would fully enjoy being the Mistress of Abbott Manor and one of the fancy GC Ladies Who Lunch, I don't think that's what's been motivating her. Or, I don't think that's what the audience has been shown. IMO Diane's basically another flavor of mean girl and likes being able lord petty things over her detractors simply because she can.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, Rye said:

Where’s Olivia? She could always talk Ashley down. I’d also love to see her drag Nate, that would be delicioso.

I thought I posted this reply a few days ago. Instead it was still sitting here unsent.

Tonya Williams who played Olivia is back in her homeland of Canada and has a career going up there. I wouldn't blame her if she never wanted to return to this show. I do wish they'd bring Dru back though since a lot of what were deemed over the top claims VR made about CBS back in the day were proven to have a lot of truth in them. It took a long time for all of that horror to be exposed though. 

Today's comment about the first ten minutes of the show is F you Josh Griffith you disgusting piece of trash. The camera shot made things that much worse...😾

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

So show jumped the shark today with a cat corpse. Maybe they can hang Borgnine's pic next to Neil's at the Winters Jazz Lounge. Congratulations, Kyle! You found out you're married to a version of Phyllis 2.0. That double breasted suit did Nostrils no favors, I expected him to break into the old soft shoe revue, twirling a cane and waving a straw hat at any moment. Glad Kyle walked out on Liar Girl, let's hope he just keeps going, heh?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

This hasn't aired in my area yet. Are you telling me they showed a cat corpse on air? (fake I know) We all knew it was coming but they couldn't just allude to it? FU Josh!!!! 😡🤬

Also FREE TARA!

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Are you telling me they showed a cat corpse on air? (fake I know)

Yep. Then they tacked on a message at the end to say that no animals had actually been hurt.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Y’all, just… don’t even watch scenes with Faith or scenes with Sidepart/Cruella, who decided to inflict the most explicit sex scene they’ve ever had on an unsuspecting populace. Fast forward is your friend.

The only reason I don’t say skip the whole thing (and the only reason I didn’t stop watching it) was the confrontation with Kyle a Summer about all her lies. Even when clearly caught, Summer makes it worse by refusing to come clean. Why would you let him go through your phone, why not just tell him the truth? Why not tell the truth while he’s looking at the texts? That went on the entire episode, lying about totally obvious things and adding insult to injury. If she had just owned everything and admitted it, it wouldn’t have blown up, and Kyle might have even been amenable to not telling the police. Now he’s livid and hurt and feels no obligation to protect Summer, much less his psycho MIL.

Of course now, Summer’s going to warn Phyllis to leave and immediately catch real-life criminal charges for obstruction. I’m betting Summer’s arrest will flush Phylth out of hiding, and we’ll be subjected to her playing the martyr who ~fell on her sword to save her daughter~

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Excuse me Jaggabbot, Billy most certainly did not grow up with you and Ashley. Why would he even say that? That type of stuff makes me think TIIC don’t even have a complete knowledge of the canon of the show, which makes sense considering how often people are OOC.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I tuned in at the last few minutes. Nick was storming out of the cottage - probably on his way to be Sharon’s Savior by beating up Cameron. Like that could happen. Sharon’s eyes were darting around like a crazed person; she ran in circles, looking out the window, checking the lock, etc. Whoever mentioned upthread about JM’s terrible acting that is getting worse was spot on. He is beyond terrible. If Sharon gets kidnapped I hope Victor rains fire down on his son.

Any soap opera that feels the need to run a disclaimer that no actual animals were harmed has truly lost its way. They have about hit bottom and someone (at the very least) needs to be fired.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in at the last few minutes. Nick was storming out of the cottage - probably on his way to be Sharon’s Savior by probably beating up Cameron. Like that could happen. Sharon’s eyes were darting around like a crazed person; she ran in circles, looking out the window, checking the lock, etc. Whoever mentioned upthread about JM’s terrible acting that is getting worse was spot on. He is beyond terrible. If Sharon gets kidnapped I hope Victor rains fire down on his son.

Any soap opera that feels the need to run a disclaimer that no actual animals were harmed has truly lost its way. They have about hit bottom and someone (at the very least) needs to be fired.

Yeah, I am a human animal that was hurt by viewing that scene. To add insult to injury, it looked identical to my cat, Buddy. You are right, the person responsible for it needs to be held accountable.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Okay, so spumors were correct and the m.f.-er actually did it. As a longtime cat servant and friend, I will not be watching today's episode even if the dead animal was a fake. There are innumerable other ways Cameron's depravity could have been depicted without having him resort to killing a pet.

As far as I'm concerned, Josh Griffith should be fired. He can FOAD, ESAD, and GDIAF.

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
  • Love 3