Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Unless she sold it and they never bothered to tell us (which is entirely possible), Abby owns the house Brad left her.  She also inherited Dina's home in Paris, and I think there would be room at the Abbott's for her and Dominic.  Plus, she's filthy stinking rich in her own right and could afford a place of her own (though she probably would end up in a suite at the Greyhound Pooperscooper, like everyone else.)  Alls I'm saying is that Abby does have options. 

^^^All of this. Abby is pretty close to a billionaire. She doesn't have any rich people accoutrement like a private jet or yacht or even a vacation home. All she's spending money on is running Society. Dominic's expenses are probably split between her, Devon, and Chance. It makes zero sense that she has to keep squatting at the Chancellor Estate now that she and Chance are divorced. But the writers have had both Devon and Chance say it's okay for her to keep living there, so I guess the audience just has to buy it. Nah, I want Jill's take on it since it's actually her house. Grrr.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Alls I'm saying is that Abby does have options. 

And that includes staying at the  Giant Pussy hotel.

9 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Wait no, all that said, the lowlife is Victor.  

He and Nikki are just horrible horrible people. After telling Chelsea that family helps each other he says Adam needs to fall into the gutter. And the ex stripper with her nose in the air and.lips pursed laps up every word he  says.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1

Observations as I watch live.

And a new character has been added to the show. OMG no, it's Noah with a haircut. I really didn't recognize him. I don't like it.

Billy gets up off the floor and drags himself into Chelsea's apartment where he is mute for several minutes then won't talk about it. So he drags himself over, sits and sucks his thumb outside of her door for sympathy but then refuses to talk. Chelsea tries his remedy to Netflix and Chill and watch a comedy. Hey it worked for her suicidal depression so it should work for him.  I have a better idea: take him to the rooftop.

Meanwhile, we are subjected to talk about Sally's menstrual cycle. Ugh, I'd rather return to Noah's haircut.

Life is amazing with Allee even though we haven't seen her for weeks. Nick remembers that kind of love but he's not there with Sally yet. ROFL Nick...you dont know it yet but you are about to marry your future ex Mrs Newman.

Wow, the Netflix and Chill worked. Billy is laughing his ass off at some shitty movie from the 70s. He falls asleep. Hmmm, did Chelsea drug him and rape him again?

Noah the Soothsayer is advising dummy Nick that things could change. Diapers for example.

Chloe advises Sally that Nick has a history of unplanned babies becaus never uses birth control and still hasn't learned his lesson because  he loves being a father.  She didn't mention that maybe she should get tested for an STD, AIDS & Covid.

Billy wakes up screaming after having a nightmare about Chelsea raping him again.

After sucking his thumb in a fetal position on her doorstep, Billy says his feels don't matter. 😂😂😂

Daniel assures Lily that she is a winner and Devon and Billy are total losers. This coming from the mouth of a loser.

Sally has to give up the booze bottle for a baby bottle. Chloe is concerned that Dummy will wonder why she's not having a few drinks to endure kissing his nipples.

And now the show is pre empted with a special news report so that's all folks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2023 at 11:07 AM, MollyB said:

One rant:  Nate offering high level jobs like it's Halloween candy?  Can he do that?  Is Audra that much of an asset?  What does she do, by the way?  Can't wait til Victoria gets wind of the hot goss about Audra and asks Nate WTF?.

What I noticed about the Audra being intervied for the job at Newman Media scene in yesterday's episode was how Nate was so casually seated at his desk, while Victoria, his boss, stood; in my life in the business world, if my boss came by my cubicle to talk to me, I immediately stood up as a asign of respect for his/her position in the company.

5 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

And now the show is pre empted with a special news report

And now we have to listen to the "talking heads" discuss the special report.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

Show is not going to take one minute to have Sally imagine an option that doesn’t involve having this baby? She’s in obtuse denial, that’s how much she’s not into this, and Chloe mentions nothing else? 

I know the vitamins are to clue Nick in, but damn.

I don’t remember Lily with Daniel much, but I don’t see any chemistry there now.

The last thing a human should do, is barge in on someone who has had major mental illness issues and unload on them. What a ridiculous thing to show on screen. They should never have come anywhere close to that serious subject.

Starting to think all the soap writers, etc. are raging narcissists.

• Like 5
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Is Nostrils/Chelsea any better than Daniel/Lily?  Well any thing is better than Nostrils/Lily.  Lily is too good for either one of them. Lily/Chance would be acceptable.  Listening to Danial he doesn’t seem all that different from Nostrils. That both are self destructive.  Daniel has tunnel vision when it came to Copperhead and now Devon. Daniel knows shit about the situations but he’s quick to defend Copperhead and bastardize Devon.  Devon has more business acumen than Lily because of backing off the merger and especially the IPO. 

Chelsea is still in a vulnerable state of mind but Nostrils thinks it’s a good idea to lay his woes and frustrations on her.  Nostrils is a prick. 

Who took a shit on Noah’s head?  His new haircut is hideous at best.  Previous he wasn’t hard to look at but now 🤢🤮

Chloe Chloe Chloe, leave Sally alone. Sally doesn’t need you to be the turd in the punch bowl.  It’s way too early to know who’s the father before any decision needs to be made unless Chloe is advocating for Sally to terminate her pregnancy.  Chloe is incapable of shutting the fuck up. How many times does Sally have to tell her they have to concentrate on their presentation. Support from Chloe can drive you to the madhouse. Her voice alone can melt earwax. Chloe how can Sally have support of the father when Sally doesn’t know who’s the father?  Didn’t Sally already tell Chloe that she doesn’t know if the father is Adam or Banana Breath?  

We were preempted so, according to the episode guide, Chloe was going to set a trap for Banana Breath. Does anyone know what it is?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

When Chloe pulled out the prenatal vitamins, I was hoping it was the Plan B pill. I get that Sally wants to pretend it never happened, but Chloe was right that time is running out for Sally to decide what she wants to do about he pregnancy. Wishing it away doesn’t make it so. And once she starts showing and the Newmans discover she’s carrying the newest heir, there will be no turning back. Victor will kidnap her and force her to carry to term. And the entire family will conspire to make Nick the father because as Victor said, Adam needs to hit rock bottom to learn his place. So we can’t let him have a baby with the woman he loves. Of course Sally shouldn’t even be having this baby. She should have immediately made an appointment for an abortion. She doesn’t WANT a baby. She doesn’t NEED a baby. Let her just have a successful business and then in a few years, she and Adam can reunite and make lots of babies if that’s what she wants.

back to Prictor…can someone just hit him in the head with a rock? Preferably a really big, really heavy one? 

agree with the comments upthread about Noah’s haircut. I don’t know who thought of it but it’s awful!

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Why does Victor think Adam has to hit rock bottom? He’s not a heroin junkie. He has a good job at Abbott, is getting along with his sons mother and isn’t really causing any problems right now. He didn’t like being given Victorias job only to have it yanked away and then immediately replaced by Victoria. He’s the one who should be pissed. Victor could have asked Adam to fill in for a few days until the Ashland thing was over. They are the ones who have been crappy to him. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

We were preempted so, according to the episode guide, Chloe was going to set a trap for Banana Breath. Does anyone know what it is?  

Spoiler

According to what I heard she is leaving prenatal vitamins out for him to see. I guess pregnancy made Sally blind so she won't see them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

How can Chance keep his eyes open when he’s around Sharon? He’s such a handsome, appealing man and she’s so……zzzzzzzzz. Why don’t these PTB tell her to get a personality or she’s fired!!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

Sally's actually looking a bit fuller in the face to me. Hmmm. Be funny if...nah, I won't go there yet.

Nice sorta product placement for Rainbow Light vitamins since their bottle is so recognizable.

Wah, wah, Lily. Too bad, so sad. Cue the orchestra of tiny violins,

Well now, is Billy having his first sleepover at Chelsea's place? Let the couch sex begin! 🤮🤮🤮💩💩💩😱😱😱

Shut up, Daniel. I know you wanted to be supportive of Lily but you don't know what you're talking about here. Devon doesn't need Lily's "brilliant mind."

Leaving the vitamin bottle on the coffee table? Shady,  Chloe. With "friends" like you, I'm thinking Sally needs better friends. Way better.

Heh, JT got his Emmy nomination reel done today. Billy was all teary-eyed, agonizing over Delia's death yet again. Golf claps for him. 🙄

Not sure what world Billy and Chelsea think is a better place with them in it because it sure ain't this one. Perhaps Neptune or Uranus.

I wish they weren't doing this with Sally. I don't see CBS/TPTB allowing even for the possibility she might decide to not to proceed with the pregnancy. And I think Chloe is one of the last people who should be presuming to act as Sally's conscience, especially given the way she conceived Bella.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Man, isn’t the trope of being outed by a bottle of pre-natal vitamins fresh and creative? Throw in an asshole friend like Chloe who inexplicably thinks Nick is the cat’s ass and you’ve really got one hell of an uninspiring dreck enema.

What more can be said about Victor and Nikki? I hope Diane steals the necromantic grimoire that Nikki uses to keep raising the old pissbag from the dead. Hopefully that bitter zombie will shamble off a cliff and find rock bottom his own self.

Noah, WTF?

• Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
44 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I need to see Noah's bad haircut. Anyone got a screen grab?

I don’t have a pic, but the sides are shaved super close to his head, leaving the top full. He was smiling more than usual though, so either the actor loves his new do, or he’s desperately trying to distract us from it. 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

hloe Chloe Chloe, leave Sally alone. Sally doesn’t need you to be the turd in the punch bowl.

You are NOT going to believe this but when I was coming out of the anesthesia from one of my operations I hallucinated the EXACT  scene in my mind--and this was in August or Sept. Scary, but true.

• Mind Blown 8
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I need to see Noah's bad haircut. Anyone got a screen grab?

I don't, but have you ever seen a picture of Adolf Hitler without the stache?

Sooo, Allie offers support, consistency, and stability?  Noah, you can get that from a Liberty Mutual agent.  And they would probably advise you against that haircut.

There's no way I'm watching that whole episode again without the ability to FF just to see the last 15 minutes interrupted by Noron O'Donnell and her story that really could have waited for the evening news.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Is Nostrils/Chelsea any better than Daniel/Lily?  Well any thing is better than Nostrils/Lily.  Lily is too good for either one of them. Lily/Chance would be acceptable.  Listening to Danial he doesn’t seem all that different from Nostrils. That both are self destructive.  

Yeah, I was thinking exactly this.  

I don't want her with either of them.   Daniel and his creepy game obsession (as of now) seems like a redux of Buttbiscuit with his Chelsea morality pet project.  

Which means of course Lily will blunder right into it.  Chick wasn't even wearing pants today.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Allegedly the new look is part of a change in Noah's characterization to have more of a harder edge, pun intended.

They could change Noah’s, uh, characterization with skillful writing instead of the fascist follicular folly on top of his head. I crack myself up.

8 hours ago, boes said:

Chelsea tenderly looking on, wondering if she has time to pick his pockets or stuff his nose like a holiday turducken before he awakens like the rosy-nosed dawn.

Also acceptable: picking his nose and stuffing his pockets with rocks before dropping him in a lake. Dog knows Billy offers us so much, with his manpain, manspreading and mansplaining, but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

You are NOT going to believe this but when I was coming out of the anesthesia from one of my operations I hallucinated the EXACT  scene in my mind--and this was in August or Sept. Scary, but true.

Worst psychic vision ever.

• LOL 12

Nick Newman proves to Sally today that he is "Father of the Year" material by telling the nanny that his kid can watch a movie as long as its a short one.

And this turned on Sally so much that they had to leave the restaurant to fuck out what little brains he has so that he thinks the baby is his. 🤡

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 18
26 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

And this turned on Sally so much that they had to leave the restaurant to fuck out what little brains he has so that he thinks the baby is his. 🤡

Well, that's two minutes of her life Sally will never get back.

• Like 4
  • LOL 19

Nikki: Look at that pigeon-headed hussy Diane, cozying up to that criminal Jeremy Stark! Well, gotta go home and catch some flies for Victor’s supper!

Phyllis: Diane was making out with Jack. Only I get to betray Jack and stomp all over his feelings like Godzilla careening through Tokyo.

Victor: Adam sucks and will soon hit rock bottom due to his inherent awfulness. I am so confident in how hard he sucks that I’mma plot with this unenthused, ineffective bouffant to torpedo his career. Yougotthat?

Nate: You’ve just admitted to being deceitful in service of your ambition. I could rescind my job offer, but I love the idea of working with an asshole like me. Welcome aboard, Audra.

I know that Tucker is kind of an emo man-baby and a liar, but he just charms me with his douchebaggery. His abrupt and obedient turning to leave when Ashley kicked him out made me laugh.

Then we have the human charm vacuum, Nick, bringing his patented flirty bro smarm to the table. It was nice of Adam to walk in and show Sally that, yes, there’s somebody better to spend time with. Do she and Nick have to bump uglies every time they meet up? 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re Noah's hair, Soaps.com addressed it. Here's the after & before comparison they provided:

rory-gibson-before-after.jpg?resize=1024Allegedly the new look is part of a change in Noah's characterization to have more of a harder edge, pun intended.

When I first saw him I thought who is it, then thought it makes him look older.  He isn’t looking like the kid anymore.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

So...

Has Victor's Black T-Shirt of Virility been replaced by Tucker's Black Turtleneck of Virility? Did I miss the passing of some torch?

By the way, I've finally made up my mind- I'm just not feeling this version of Tucker McCall. Whether he's storming into rooms, threating and blackmailing people (women, mostly) like he's such a Big Bad, or simpering after Ashley like she's some major prize; I'm just NAH. He just seems like a spoiled child causing major mischief, then pouting and blaming others when he doesn't get his way.

Also...

The Audra I saw today has almost completely changed my mind about the character. Watching her read Tucker for filth was great, then her forthright manner with Nate--THIS is the Audra I want to see. I'm willing to forget that she was ever supposed to be Noah's ex; just stop writing for that storyline, no wrapup needed. We'll just pretend that never happened.

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5

I’m onboard with this Audra too. She even wears professional attire! 🤩

Tucker is Tucked Out. Such an immature human, he reminds me of Billy.

Still like the Nicki hair, it’s something I can look at while muting the two witches talking.

I think Susan Walters has finally encountered an actor she’s not good with; this Stark character creeps me out.

Wouldn’t it be easier to “steal” from Ashley or Jack? My head hurts.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

As many pregnancies Nick has been involved with, you'd think he'd start getting suspicious of Sally continuing to avoid alcohol.

"Victor and Nikki's pied-à-terre." Please, isn't it just a Gold Coast condo?

Diane has the best wardrobe. IMO she hasn't made a false sartorial step yet, and I would wear all of her clothes. 👑

AFAIC Nate is another rude person. I don't think his being Audra's new boss gives him carte blanche to show up at her room unannounced.

Geez, even doofus hair Kyle got to take some shots at Tucker.

Nick claimed to know Jill well. How and why? I don't recall their having any interactions beyond when he was a child, and certainly not on the business front.

And then mega-duck-lipped Phyllis slithered in. Looked to me like her mouth entered Glam Club several minutes before the rest of her body did. 😼

Slow your roll there, Kyle. Adam could eat you for breakfast and lunch, and still have a healthy appetite for dinner. You do not want any of that.

What is Jeremy going to do with a piece of Nikki's jewelry? Fence it? Nothing about his involvement in this storyline makes sense to me.

Yeah, Audra being fully honest with Nate about her association with Tucker was unexpected. She didn't try to tap dance around it at all. Huh.

FFS, Tucker, Ashley is only going to Paris. The Atlantic Ocean really seems to intimidate you for some reason.

Nate, you colossal fool. Audra deftly polishes your corporate knob and you keep falling for it.

Nick is not very observant, especially when he's focused on gettin' him some boo-tay. Otherwise he would've scanned Sally's room when he came in and seen the vitamin bottle right there in the open. 🙄

Re the previews: Jeremy, have you met Diane before? Unless you plan to put it on live webcam, making Diane kiss you (or more) isn't going to faze her at all.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

One of Banana Breath’s mantras is why work when you can play.  

People are at Society almost every day. Wouldn’t you think that the limited menu board would not be required?  Even the daily specials would be known. Just saying.  

Natey Nate Nate, see what happens when you don’t check your new COO’s background. You would know about Audra’s and Tucker’s relationship.  Knowing everything Audra has done he’s still willing to keep her as COO.  Of course he is because he’s a dumb ass masquerading as a CEO.   

Does anyone else get the feeling that Stark is setting up Diane and not the other way around. Since Stark is asking for details and Diane is stupidly giving them to him, you would think that Stark is recording their conversations. 

I thought for sure Copperhead recoded their conversation but she only recorded them being together. 

Victor please tell me why are you speaking to Kyle about getting Adam out of Jabot?  It would be Jack’s decision not Kyle’s. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

iane has the best wardrobe. IMO she hasn't made a false sartorial step yet, and I would wear all of her clothes. 👑

Itotally agree with you, she always looks smart, but I winced when I saw the coming previews--she's wearing GREEN--not a good look.  But she'sever over the top and I hope the producers don't fuck with her image.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that Stark is setting up Diane and not the other way around. Since Stark is asking for details and Diane is stupidly giving them to him, you would think that Stark is recording their conversations. 

I wondered the same thing watching that scene today. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

Lily and Billy broke up after an off-screen therapy session? They’re a shitty couple but I would’ve liked to see that dumpster fire.

Sally is so sexy and they saddle her with Nick AND a baby? Babies literally ruin everything on a soap. Hopefully she falls down some stairs so it can be over.

Diane and Jack’s “plan” is so stupid. And Stark is such a creepy loser.

Devon is too short to be a soap opera man.

That is all.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Is this soap just that low on funds?  IDK why it hit me especially today, but these sets are beyond awful.

I'm already expected to believe things like Billy being a charming rogue, or Nick managing to put his underwear inside his pants.  So I just can't with every meeting having to happen at Society (which looks like a 3 star hotel side lounge), and the Glum Club...which, 🤢 .  If they were staging kindergarten graduations there, fine.  Otherwise...

I literally can't suspend disbelief to imagine these are serious locations.  Were Top of the Tower and the GCAC somehow too expensive?  They actually looked decent and realistic.  

Kyle sucks.  St. Dick-less is the "superior brother"?  Does he know how many times he f'ed over Jack?  My girl Lola keeps perpetually dodging a bullet on this one.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

There's not much going on right now that I'm invested in, though I've nevertheless been tuning in every day.  Sharon and Chance would be a pretty couple; Audra has become more interesting; and Devon standing up to Lily was a surprise. 

As usual, however, it's the posters on this board that make this daily grind worthwhile.  To wit:

On 1/9/2023 at 12:59 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Then the poor fool has some kind of pterodactyl lurking outside his window, bony wings pressed to the glass, face cracking like an egg.

The best description of Phyllis ever written!

On 1/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, gingerella said:

Both Lily and Mop are terrible CEOs! TERRIBLE! Great interviewing technique there Vic! I hope Audra does some corporate espionage on NE and PeePaw has to step in, slap his shriveled dick on the table (sorry all!), and take the helm away from her again for her idiotic decision making.

Followed by the best description of Victor and Victoria ever written ...

On 1/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, SweePea59 said:

image.png.caa73b499c5cb9b7d8c06fda7638c258.png

And then the best illustration of Nick ever illustrated (my gosh I'm still laughing 15 minutes later!) ...

8 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I am so confident in how hard he sucks that I’mma plot with this unenthused, ineffective bouffant to torpedo his career. Yougotthat?

And finally, the most accurate description of Kyle that will ever be. 

Y'all are the best!!!

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

As usual, however, it's the posters on this board that make this daily grind worthwhile. 

YES!  Kitty Redstone, right as always!  Preverts keep it real and hilarious.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Is this soap just that low on funds? 

Apparently so. I think YR has been looking cheap for a while now. They seem to have gotten an infusion of funds for wardrobe though and now some people are even having two or three wardrobe changes in one episode. Not too long ago I can recall characters wearing the same outfits for weeks.

What's really ridiculous to me is how a given person will start the day at the coffeehouse, then go to Society, then the Glam Club, and end up back at the coffeehouse in the evening. Who lives like that? And now they've added some kind of overlook at the park where people sit on benches in the freezing cold and wax nostalgic.

So there's a height requirement, at least for men. Okay.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2023 at 8:15 PM, Goodnight said:

😂I guess I'm not the only one noticing this now. It seemed normal for Devon to be much smaller than Neil since he was his child. So we just got used to it. Devon was just....well....Devon.

But now that the "tall blond" is his girlfriend, he's looking exceptionally short. Abby is already taller than him sitting down, add in her 4 inch heels once she stands up, and she towers above him. Even their sex scenes, though well choregraphed, look awkward.

They are not the typical "pretty" soap couple. They remind me of a 50s Hollywood stereotype of the beautiful blond starlet on the arm of some old, bald, short studio head. Of course, Devon is not old, but if he let his hair grow in a little, and got rid of that mustache??? he'd look better. I don't understand why he shaves his head, it's a look only a few can pull off well. Shemar Moore, Telly Savalas, Dwayne Johnson, or Stanley Tucci etc. look great, Bryton not so much.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3