Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh my gods, that robotic reporter is back.  I started imagining Roseanne Rosannadanna speaking her lines, and I've found that to be helpful in getting through her scenes.

So it appears that Imani has no idea about Nate's plan.  I thought she was the one who planted the seed.  I literally lol'ed when she started moaning about her father's health crisis. We've never once seen this man!  Are we really supposed to care that he's stressed and exhausted?  Have him spend an afternoon with my parents, and he'll think his life is a Club Med vacation.

Nikki looked so much like Teri Garr in one of those flashbacks.  And those were all flashbacks, not filmed recently.  Deacon is still fine, but he's 50s fine now.   

1 hour ago, boes said:

I don't know what Deacon is like on B&B, but he was a real sleaze on Y&R.

I don't think Phyllis planted that invoice on Diane's computer.  I think that's Ashley's work.  She may have said she was working with Phyllis and Nikki, but if she could knock both Phyllis and Diane out with one punch, that'd be fine with her.  I predict Abbott family drama over this, leading back to her.

Oooo, I think you're right about Ashley!  Maybe she still has Ravi in her thrall and she had him put the file on Diane's computer.

As for Deacon's B&B sleaze...Deacon married Bridget, the (very young) daughter of Brooke and Eric Forrester, basically to get even with Amber (who he was obsessed with) when she married Rick Forrester (Bridget's brother).  Bridget and Deacon had eloped to Las Vegas, and the Forresters were furious when they found out.  They all sat around their living room and called Deacon on their speaker phone demanding that he bring Bridget home immediately.  Deacon left his phone on and proceeded to enjoy his wedding night with Bridget while all of the Forresters were listening.  Classic!

Then he had an affair with his mother-in-law Brooke, which left her pregnant with Hope.  Out of all of Brooke's scandals, betraying a truly good person like her daughter Bridget was probably the biggest one.  But, oh my, those two were pure fire.  So much pretty.  In my opinion, Brooke and Deacon were maybe the hottest couple I've ever seen on a soap.         

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

And those were all flashbacks, not filmed recently.  Deacon is still fine, but he's 50s fine now.

Agreed. On both counts. He's currently being fine with Sheila, the real Sheila.

7 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oooo, I think you're right about Ashley!  Maybe she still has Ravi in her thrall and she had him put the file on Diane's computer.

I'd love if Ravi came back. Perhaps he made his fortune overseas and has come back to try to win Ashley's hand again.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

That Ravi/Ashley story actually was pretty shady on her part, IMO.  Yes, he was a desperate nice guy, but she totally lead him on (knowing he wanted an actual relationship) then ignored him.   

Would love to see the actor back, I liked him.    

• Like 6
  • Love 10

That Ravi/Ashley story actually was pretty shady on her part, IMO.  Yes, he was a desperate nice guy, but she totally lead him on (knowing he wanted an actual relationship) then ignored him.   

Yep, and I'm not sure the show would be able to get away with that storyline today. The way Ashley behaved had #metoo written all over it. Some viewers were not happy about the optics of it. Apparently the way the actor was let go wasn't great either and he was publicly bitter about it for a while. He's gone on to do other things and now is co-starring in a drama pilot for NBC which looks like it has a good chance of getting picked up.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m not sure which is worse:  Phyllis’ hair or her attitude. Or both. I hope the coming story is that she’s killed and we have a really interesting murder mystery. There would be so many suspects and yet no one in GC would even care. Nor would we.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’m not sure which is worse:  Phyllis’ hair or her attitude. Or both. I hope the coming story is that she’s killed and we have a really interesting murder mystery. There would be so many suspects and yet no one in GC would even care. Nor would we.

I have no idea what makes MS think that having long thin stringy hair along with a center part draped down both sides of her face aka Morticia Adams is attractive or flattering.  She still thinks she is a sex kitten.  Her blue teeth “cap” the look!

MTS’ hair is beautifully thick but does nothing for her anymore.  Her stripper days are long over.  

• Like 10
  • Love 6

Wow, Nate sure is showing his nasty, sneaky side now. I hope this all goes down unrealistically fast so that I can see everyone's face when they get stabbed in the back. I do feel bad for Lily though as she will be genuinely hurt.

• Like 4
  • Love 13

I really couldn’t care less about Nate or Eleni or any of these folks who work at CW. Or Newman Enterprises. Or Society. Or Crimson Lights. Um, um. Guess I don’t care about anyone on this show.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Deacon went to a random hotel room without knowing who'd be there. Hmm.

Oh Diane, you really need to stop antagonizing people. Victor--the man who at one time pushed you out of a moving ambulance--is not interested in making nice with you. Geez.

What's the rush with the IPO? I thought those things took months to set up.

I think Devon has all the appropriate arguments against the IPO: too soon, loss of family control, added complications in decision-making. Meanwhile, Lily just wants to go along with Jill and won't listen. I hope Devon stands firm on this, especially since there's a snake in the grass named Nate working against them.

AFAIC, Nikki is nucking futz. Getting scandalous gossip about Diane might make sense if they were all still in middle school but these senior citizen broads? Pshht. Unless Diane was up to something criminal when she was living in LA, it's not going to matter to anyone in GC except the people who already hate her.

So Diane maybe had a sugar daddy back in CA. Interesting. But unless his wealth was based on some illegal ish, who cares?

Reach for the stars. Sure, Lily. Guess you're as delusional as ever. This IPO will transport C-W right into an inescapable field of dark matter known as NE, because you won't even take the time to consider the potential pitfalls and put protections in place.

Elena's going to know Nate is b.s.-ing his family with this sudden change in attitude about his role in the company. How's he going to keep her from ratting him out? He'll have to lie to her too.

Where does Deacon work, in a bar? The way he's trying to lure Nikki there sounds fishy to me. Beware, Nik!

• Like 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I really couldn’t care less about Nate or Eleni or any of these folks who work at CW. Or Newman Enterprises. Or Society. Or Crimson Lights. Um, um. Guess I don’t care about anyone on this show.

I only cared about Sally and Adam but the show broke them up. Now I don't care much anymore either. Not even Jack.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 13

I really don’t understand this level of animosity towards Diane from Nikki, Ashley and Phyllis. It’s not like they haven’t all done despicable things against each other in the past. I like Diane and want her to bury all three of these women, especially Phyllis. Please bury her 12 feet under ground with a load of heavy rocks on top of her casket so she cannot escape ever again. God forbid.

• Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Deacon, what are you on?  Nikki is looking good 🙄?  Deacon has nothing to add but he saw Diane in the back seat of a Bentley. There are a thousand and one reason for being in a Bentley.  What contrivance is Deacon coming up with to bastardized Diane.  To answer a question up thread,  Deacon works a a very fancy restaurant in an upscale LA neighborhood.  The restaurant is depicted as much more upscale than Society.  

Not even 5 minutes into the episode Rodan, the ass wipe, snakes her way into the conversation like it’s a get together of BFF’s. 

Is there another “cone of silence” in the park?  Are Cruella and Natey Nate Nate invisible?  Nobody will hear or see them plotting insider trading?  The arrogance of it all.  Natey Nate Nate, if Lily and the rest are keeping 51%, as I’m happy to hear, the amount of shares you receive, if any, will not be enough to put Cruella over the top. Beside, as an executive, you have to disclose, to the SEC and adhere to the company guidelines, before you can sell your stock. Also, by selling to Cruella and than be installed as CEO would also be a red flag and scrutinized by the SEC. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m on Devon’s side 100% because he is the voice of reason. Lily is proving that she has no business being a CEO because all she sees is the numbers and not the drawbacks and pitfalls of being a publicly held company.  As a publicly held company, I’m quite sure that they would have to at least double the size of their financial department to cover the quarterly reports and annual reports to the public and the SEC. The CFO would have to make quarterly profit and loss projections plus issue a yearly stock holders report witch would include a profit and loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow chart. Include in the report would be compensation to the executives and a state of the company report from the CEO. 

Adam and Diane are considered the devils incarnated but the real devils are steeped in the self righteous 💩 but it can’t possibly stink. 

What part of stay away from each other doesn’t Rodan understand?  It looks Rodan was laying in wait to be able to confront Diane.  I actually think that Rodan would sacrifice her job as long as Diane looses hers. The only reason Rodan took the job was to sabotage Diane no matter what she told Summer. Rodan has plenty of money from her sale of The Grand Albatross so she wouldn’t be hurting for cash. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11

Drinki, get your nose out of the air and your ass off the saddle. 

It was you who poured liquor down your own gullet, so quit blaming Deacon for your mistakes and misdeeds. 

Deacon helping Diane fake her own death (which don’t get me started on that retconn) doesn’t negate that Nikki did attempt to kill her by bashing her head in. With a rock. 

It’s been such a treat to see the aging like fine wine Sean on Y&R, B&B, and Cobra Kai. 

I shouldn’t be rooting for Diane on principle, but I am. Get those bitches, girl.  Her calling out Phyllis for her ish and Victor faking his death half a dozen times had me 👏. Also, Susan just classes up the joint. 

Um, Victoria, you conspiring with Nate by using insider information is a crime as much as it is for him to provide it. But what am I saying? She’s a Newman and paying for anything isn’t allowed. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Where does Deacon work, in a bar? The way he's trying to lure Nikki there sounds fishy to me. Beware, Nik!

Yes. Restaurant and bar. But it was so hysterical the way Nikki said it. Her entire dialog with Deacon was hysterical!

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I really don’t understand this level of animosity towards Diane from Nikki,

Diane framed Nikki for her faked death. I'd be pretty pissed, too.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Drinki, get your nose out of the air and your ass off the saddle. 

It was you who poured liquor down your own gullet, so quit blaming Deacon for your mistakes and misdeeds. 

Deacon helping Diane fake her own death (which don’t get me started on that retconn) doesn’t negate that Nikki did attempt to kill her by bashing her head in. With a rock.

It’s been such a treat to see the aging like fine wine Sean on Y&R, B&B, and Cobra Kai. 

I shouldn’t be rooting for Diane on principle, but I am. Get those bitches, girl.  Her calling out Phyllis for her ish and Victor faking his death half a dozen times had me 👏. Also, Susan just classes up the joint. 

Um, Victoria, you conspiring with Nate by using insider information is a crime as much as it is for him to provide it. But what am I saying? She’s a Newman and paying for anything isn’t allowed. 

Thank you!  I've been screaming this to myself for months now.  Nikki may not be guilty of murder, but what about attempted murder?  Assault with a deadly weapon?  Drunk and disorderly?

Pick your battles, Diane.  When you see Victor, Nikki, Phyllis, et.al., Do Not Engage.

If Nate thinks Devon is controlling, just wait until he gets a taste of being Victoria's underling. 

Skip the gazpacho, Phyllis.  I hear Society's pollo con Nyquil is to die for.     

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 9/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, tanyak said:

So I need a history lesson. I remember Diane being on the show years ago, but I was working in an office and only caught Y&R on vacation days, holidays, etc. What about her makes her a compelling subject for a series of stories on a website, much less a book? Who is the audience for this outside of Genoa City? I felt the same way about the constant blathering about stories on Ashton Locke. Again, who cares. Was his fame supposed to be on the Steve Jobs/Jeff Bezos/Bill Gates level? 

Also, did Nate have an undisclosed head injury? That's the only way I can figure out how someone who has always been very reasonable is going around throwing fits and screaming about his "bold" ideas and not being respected. Not to say Devon is perfect. But has he even been with the company six months? Now he thinks he's qualified to be CEO? (I realize no one on this show is qualified to be CEO, but humor me.)

Thank you for your concise remark about why the Diane Jenkins "story"  is a flop. Sorry, but when the reporter character said it was going to be a book, omg, it was so insulting to the audience's intelligence. As was the scene where Kyle and Summer meet with the mothers as executives, no less, saying they will fire them both if there are any more workplace incidents. Insulting the intelligence of the audience again. First of all, this meeting belonged in an HR office with someone from HR officiating, not their children Why would they have even hired those two eternally feuding harpies? Then Sally, Nick, and Adam. Now, the MWT's move on from insulting the audience's intelligence to dumb down Sally, one of the few characters the audience was invested in. It's baffling, how little the producers seem to respect this show, or the audience that supports it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5

I loved Diane shoving by Phyllis. SW is so great in her vulnerability as Diane. She has me rooting for a devious character, which I love doing! MS looked horrible the whole episode so there is that added bonus. Her hair looks fantastic in the opening credits but has been horrible for months now. 

Deacon looking good in middle age. If he is the person texting with Diane (I am a bit dense on that part, it might be a switcheroo) then haha on Phyllis and Nikki. Those that watch BB, does he have the pull to stop stuff from being written? That's what is throwing me off, how much power Deacon has. 

Victoria looks stunning in that black/white dress with her hair in a pony braid. He face is flawlessly beautiful. She looks oddly refreshed since just a while back she was looking all kinds of haggard. I am speaking about the actress I guess, not the character. 

I was so pissed at the writers for giving me my beloved Gloworm diner set that I absolutely loved back in the day and then cut to scenes in that janky ass Society set. 

Edited by stewedsquash
wonky
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

^Deacon was just released from prison about a year ago.  He works in a restaurant mopping floors and cleaning bathrooms, and until recently lived in a storage room at the restaurant.  He now has a small apartment upstairs.  In other words, he's a broke ex-con on parole, so I don't think he has any pull in the publishing world.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

@Snaporaz Thanks! I guess Diane is getting texts from two different people then? Am I understanding that Deacon sent the text to Diane about not being able to hold of going to see the mystery (we know it is Nikki) person but we still don't know who sent Diane the stopped the series text? I don't know how I got so confused on this.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It wouldn't work because people would be so thrilled there would be no investigation.  Or maybe there would be, solely to reward the person that did it.

This Talia Morgan, my God...It's not like Natalie Morales hasn't been on TV before, so IDK what this is supposed to be.  She sounds like a shitty voiceover tutorial in an imported roleplaying game.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

@Snaporaz Thanks! I guess Diane is getting texts from two different people then? Am I understanding that Deacon sent the text to Diane about not being able to hold of going to see the mystery (we know it is Nikki) person but we still don't know who sent Diane the stopped the series text? I don't know how I got so confused on this.

I know I should post this in the sperler section, but I'm almost positive I've discovered who is behind Diane's mysterious texts, AND has the power to shut down such hot media stories as an expose on a local woman who disappeared from a small Wisconsin town previously only known for string cheese and skid marks.

giphy.gif

Nikki once dated him.

As did Victor.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Is Nate experiencing a psychotic break? 

No, just the same psychotic break everyone else on the show is suffering from. Horrificly bad writing. JG writes for plotpoints not characters. Nate would never do this to Lily.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, slayer2 said:

No, just the same psychotic break everyone else on the show is suffering from. Horrificly bad writing. JG writes for plotpoints not characters. Nate would never do this to Lily

Sometimes I forget that JG was inexplicably brought back to re-ruin the show. I’ll just assume he’s on a decades long psychotic break with sequelae including Newman fixation and forcing family members to all work at the same company no matter their previously established careers.

Did Nikki ever actually see the inside of a jail cell for Diane’s not-murder? I honestly cannot recall. She needs to quit acting like Deacon is some satan worshipping, cannibalistic serial killer and she’s a noble hero, braving the dangers of… asking him stuff. Like, calm the fuck down. Yes, he’s a dirtbag, but Nikki is married to one and gave birth to one, so this should be old hat to her. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Society's pollo con Nyquil is to die for.  

Lol, literally. (Seriously though, who comes up with these insane TikTok challenges? Basically it's just, "Let's see how many of you can be dead now!")

But only one reason if you're in Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. ;)

I got so curious about this reference I searched high and low for a video of the movie. Seems you can't watch it without paying so nope. Who's paying to watch +50-year old film that was mainly a joke to begin with?

when the reporter character said it was going to be a book, omg, it was so insulting to the audience's intelligence.

Yeah, that took me aback too until I thought maybe she was planning to self-publish it. Pretty much anybody can get anything published on Amazon.

sequelae

I like learning new words. Thanks!

• Love 13

What was up on today's show with Noah including Diane in Kyle's invitation to come over to his club, and then sending a separate invite to Phyllis to show up at a time *after* the big Surprise! party reveal, which Diane got to witness and can now gloat over - and why wasn't Summer bothered that her mothe-in-law got to share in the Surprise!, while her mother didn't - why not just invite Summer and Kyle first, and then separately invite Diane and Phyllis to show up at different times?  If Noah didn't know how to contact Diane, he could have asked Mariah, Diane's boss, for her contact info - - I mean, Phyllis walking in after the party had started and seeing Diane already there was a real "ouch" moment.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Why would Tessa and Mariah assume Kyle and Summer were talking about Tessa's fashion shoot? There are tons of things they could've been ragging on, like Phyllis' decorating ideas for Marchetti Home.

Aunt Traci, ease up! Allie is trying to maintain a positive outlook and you're not helping by bringing up the battles between Diane and Phyllis.

Diane is good. She knew Jack would follow her and she had her tears at the ready. Still though, she should stop letting Phyllis provoke her and get up in her personal space.

Noah's definitely still eating his spinach. 👀

And then Phyllis tracked down Summer and Kyle at the coffeehouse so she could swan in acting like she had the vapors from getting attacked by Diane. This person.

Checkmate, Phyllis. Diane sacrificed herself to take you down too. I must say though, I expected Phyllis would be first one to pull that move.

Good grief, planning combat maneuvers in an actual war must be easier than finding ways to keep Phyllis and Diane from running into each other at a silly party. At least real lives weren't at stake. 🙄

Are you for real, Phyllis? You've been lying to Summer for weeks about how you'd avoid making problems with Diane at work, when being able to do so was the only reason you took the Marchetti job. A victim unfairly punished you are not.

OMG, Phyllis is as bonkers as Nikki. Both of them are letting Diane live rent-free inside their heads, and neither of them seems to be able to concentrate on anything else now.

So that's Noah's new night spot. Oy. It looks like Barbie's Disco Fever Dream Club (New from Mattel!) to me.

Phyllis' face about to be in a million tiny pieces on the floor of the Groovy Pistachio. Yay! But dang, does she have a GPS tracker on Summer?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Of course it’s not Rodan’s fault. It’s never Rodan’s fault 😇. I just said this yesterday but maybe just maybe it’s possible that Rodan actually gives 💩💩 about loosing her job.  Too bad Jabot doesn’t have security cameras because they could see Rodan lying through her teeth. 

Diane is remorseful but Rodan is about to double down.  

At least Allie had an excuse for blowing off work because she didn’t actually blow off work.  

The only solace today was once again Mariah and Tessa.  Who can turn the world on with their smile?  Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?  Well it’s you girls and you should know it. With each glance and every little movement you show it. 

Is there something wrong with MS?  She has been looking even more washed out and haggard over the last few episodes.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Did Nikki ever actually see the inside of a jail cell for Diane’s not-murder? I honestly cannot recall.

For just a few hours.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

the Groovy Pistachio.

I love that! It's way too good a name for that place. And I thought that Lily bought it, what happened?

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I got so curious about this reference I searched high and low for a video of the movie. Seems you can't watch it without paying so nope. Who's paying to watch +50-year old film that was mainly a joke to begin with?

https://archive.org/details/beyond.-the.-valley.-of.-the.-dolls.-1970.1080p.-blu-ray.x-264-yts.-ag

6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

What was up on today's show with Noah including Diane in Kyle's invitation to come over to his club, and then sending a separate invite to Phyllis to show up at a time *after* the big Surprise! party reveal, which Diane got to witness and can now gloat over - and why wasn't Summer bothered that her mothe-in-law got to share in the Surprise!, while her mother didn't - why not just invite Summer and Kyle first, and then separately invite Diane and Phyllis to show up at different times?  If Noah didn't know how to contact Diane, he could have asked Mariah, Diane's boss, for her contact info - - I mean, Phyllis walking in after the party had started and seeing Diane already there was a real "ouch" moment.

It was all Allie's bright idea. First have one of the mothers at the party, then get rid of her and have the other one at the party. All of the Abbots and Dummer thought it was a great idea. What could possibly go wrong? Boy, it sure didn't take long for them to turn Allie into an idiot.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Phyllis hadn't gotten her invite yet, so it wasn't Allie's fault. The plan was to send it after Diane left.  But Phylly was stalking Diane and followed her to the so-called club, since she loves to keep her nose in other peoples' business.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Actually, Phyllis was with Summer when Noah texted Summer asking her to go to the Guano Pheromone.  Phyllis wanted to go with her, but Summer declined.  As Phyllis can't respect anybody's wishes, she followed Summer anyway.  I can't wait until tomorrow, when Phyllis polymorphs into a giant squid and flaps her tentacles and goes "Fftftfftftffft" again.

This club looks just like the Top of the Tower, which is where Noah originally wanted it.  Why did't they just run with that story?  Noah was filling out that shirt pretty nicely.  🔥

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Thank you! It would not have occurred to me to look there. (I started watching it and it looks great. So campy.)

Re the hotel, I dunno but it looks like they gutted the lobby and let Noah turn it into his nightclub. But that can't be right because several characters are still living at the hotel. Maybe the show wants us to believe it's a different but same area, kind of like how the check-in desk would mysteriously turn into a bar sometimes. 🤯

• Like 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Boy, it sure didn't take long for them to turn Allie into an idiot.

It's not her fault.

It's in the cheese.......  Genoa City is a town that intelligence forgot.......

giphy.gif

Oh hi, Phyllis!  And boy is she mad!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Was it really necessary for Phyllis to be a total party pooper and let the whole.room know she didn't want to dance?  I would be so embarrassed if my mother acted the way she did.
Then later after calming down, Jack tells her he is proud of her. Message to Jack: you shouldn't have to tell an adult you are proud of them when they act like an adult!

Wow, Noah's club looks like shit. It looks like someone threw up a Dollar Store all over it.

Honestly,it looks like Victor should be sitting in a wheelchair with a blanket over his lap. He also has the unshaven face of someone who hasnt had the energy to shave in 4 days. Croaking  out that "he loved it" that Victoria is like him was creepy. He totally loves that she is willing to commit a crime? Jesus!  

I thought Chelsea looked great today.

Good for Elena expressing her disaproval!

• Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, basiltherat said:

The brain trust forgot that Phyliss LIVES IN THE FAHKAHTA HOTEL and was bound to hear the thumping of party as she went up to her sumptuous suite!

I could be wrong, but I swear I thought Phyllis slithered in and out of her "suite" through the sewage lines.  It'd explain her flat hair.

Because it can't be said enough, always keep the toilet seat DOWN when not in use at the Gropy Philander.  No matter who, or what, owns it.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Rodan Rodan Rodan, you barge in to the “party” not yet invited and your insulted. Yet Noah apologizes to you for not yet being invited. Rodan, when Summer 2.0 leaves and tells you we will talk in the morning means to Rodan to follow Summer 2.0 because there is nothing more important to Rodan than to continue the conversation.  There you have it. Rodan just has to make the “party” all about her and just has to be the center of attention instead of Kyle and Summer 2.0. 

Did I hear correctly?  Devon wants to be more focused on Amanda than work?  I guess that’s how to be a fantastic executive in the GC world of business. 

Rodan lier lier panties on fire in telling Banana Breath she’s being punished for Diane loosing her mind like she didn’t provoke Diane to do so.  

Natey Nate Nate what makes you think stealing CW will create more family unity?  

Natey Nate Nate must be huffing too many whipped cream cans. 

Yes Victor and Cruella, fighting the SEC is no biggie in their playbook.  There are so many regulations within the SEC one of which is the sale of stock by an executive which will create the biggest red flag. Again I ask, how much stock would Natey Nate Nate receive as COO and would that be enough stock to give Cruella controlling interest?  If CW has smart lawyers, the corporate stock regulations could prohibit executives from selling stock, for a period of time, and consent of the board to sell is required.  I betting that the monkeys with a keyboard wouldn’t even address these issues.  In addition, they both actually think that Natey Nate Nate can be a successful CEO of what is now a publicly held corporation?  Good luck with that.  At least Natey Nate Nate’s ego fits in to the Newman profile. 

Does Mariah even know that Diane has been fired?  If Kyle is a supposed BFF, why wasn’t Mariah informed at the get go so she can plan for what may come?  It seems that is not an issue anymore with giving Rodan and Diane another chance but a second chance still might not dissuade Rodan from her uncontrollable need for vengeance. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

And just like that, Summer and Kyle's party becomes all about Phyllis and her hurt fee-fees. Gee, Phyllis, maybe if you weren't such an unrelenting aging mean girl people wouldn't have to be worried about inviting you to things.

Nate sure was smelling himself. Planning a white collar crime against his family does wonders for his mood apparently. And makes him hungry for fancy Italian cuisine.

I'm surprised Victoria told Victor about the planned C-W takeover already. I would've expected her to wait until it was pretty much a fait accompli.

Okay, so Nate chose to lie to Elena about the true reason for his apology to Lily and Devon. Douchebag.

Lol, Noah DGAF about drama queen Phyllis or her forced apologies. And she shouldn't expect him to given her bad history with his mommy.

Victor! He knows what Victoria is proposing to pull with Nate providing the insider trading assist and he's down for it. That probably means if things go wrong and the feds step in, the Newmans will put the blame on Nate. Oh well. 😏

Once again, I could do without watching every single person at that party trying to dance, especially Nick. They all looked to me like their guts were having spastic reactions to the room temperature canapés.

Your actions wrt the C-W IPO aren't driven by revenge, Nate? You are a total lying liar who lies. Olivia would not be proud. Neil either.

Don't buy it, Elena! Nate is working you with his claim to value your love above all.  Nah, if he did he wouldn't have made you a possible co-conspirator. It's emotional blackmail.

But Johnny has another brother: Christian. I don't get why Chelsea's allowed to ignore that fact. Is Nick keeping her away from Christian too?

The color scheme of Noah's club is so garish. IMO drinking in that place will increase the likelihood of dizzying hangovers.

Summer and Kyle, you got played for fools. Phyllis will be climbing up Diane's @$$ again within 24 hours and she'll be doing it at Jabot/Marchetti, Society, the coffeehouse, the park, everywhere. Neither she nor Diane should be working at the same place. Nepotism not FTW.

Victoria, boy are you going to regret letting Chelsea get to you on the Johnny issue. She's probably going to try to take him from you, and both she and Connor will feel entitled to inflect their nutbaggery on the kid.

So who was Diane's text from and who's en route to GC? Is this the new guy TPTB have kept such a tight lid on? Diane didn't look thrilled by that text.

Audra Charles must be hella tiny. Nate's not all that tall and he was towering over her. Countdown until he's trying to seduce her,  in 3...2...1...:

Re the previews for next week: Diane's sugar daddy has landed. Let the games begin! And is Elena about to DTMFA? I am here for it!🥳🥳🥳

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But Johnny has another brother: Christian. I don't get why Chelsea's allowed to ignore that fact. Is Nick keeping her away from Christian too?

Because it's not about Johnny or Conner, it's about Gaspy gettin' with ButtBicuit. ;)

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So who was Diane's text from and who's en route to GC? Is this the new guy TPTB have kept such a tight lid on? Diane didn't look thrilled by that text.

Am I the only one who can't read the texts on my little tv across the room? I literally have no fucks to give about these little shit texts that I can't see. At this point I wouldn't even care if it was William Shatner texting her.

• LOL 15
8 hours ago, boes said:

I could be wrong, but I swear I thought Phyllis slithered in and out of her "suite" through the sewage lines.  It'd explain her flat hair.

It looks greasy too. Did the new management of the Grande Fakakta Hotel replace all the showerheads with low-flow heads like in that Seinfeld episode?

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Were Nick & Gaspy married when they were living together? Christian (Nick & Sage) & Johnny (Billy/Victoria & Gaspy) & Connor (Adam & Gaspy) are all cousins because Nick, Victoria & Adam are siblings).

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Were Nick & Gaspy married when they were living together? Christian (Nick & Sage) & Johnny (Billy/Victoria & Gaspy) & Connor (Adam & Gaspy) are all cousins because Nick, Victoria & Adam are siblings).

To add to the mix, 

Double, double toil and trouble;  Fire burn and caldron bubble,

Christian is actually the son of Adam and Sage, not Nick.  Adam "gave" him up to Nick when the true parentage was uncovered.

Lil' Johnny has so many good times to look forward to, though, once he discovers that Typhoid Gaspy is his birth mother.  He's got Anita to look forward to as a grandmother, though having Nikki as one already should make the transition smooth, though still littered with glitter and dollar bills stuffed in grandma garter belts.  Johnny will also get to partake in Connor's brotherly "lock-him-in-the-garage excapades!  Fun for the whole fambly...

But.....and this is a big difference....... Connor tries any shit with Johnny, he'll be dealing with the Victoria, and she's not to be trifled with.  Or actually touched, unless you want freezer burn.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

I paused the recording to come and say Wow SW/Diane, that's a subdued checkmate look right there, the one that Diane gave Phyllis at the end of the scene in Jack's office where Kyle and Summer reminded Phyllis of the true agreement. I hope they don't lose SW again, she is giving me all kinds of life in the redemption of a schemer character who is still scheming. 

And also shallow end of the middle age lady pool: Whoa, Noah, guns out, me likey.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Y’all weren’t kidding about how bad that club set is! It’s like a Price Is Right behind the doors setup. Between this and Society I am getting vertigo with all the doesn’t go together design decisions. 

Nate is being written as a man brat I guess?  I like the plot but Nate is just quick trigger in his hurtzie feelz as soon as he feels it. Leave him Elena and go hang with Chance…

…since after that pathetic wide eye open mouth gape performance from Chelsea at the hint of being able to destroy a child I no longer want you with Chance. 

And it seems like she reveals herself next week in the previews. Oooooh and yay! GCAC suite set for Diane! 

I do not like this Nununu++Summer version. She has a ridiculous way of acting as a grown up. Is that what she is going for, mmaturity? It is so cloying, artificial. There is zero chemistry with these two.

That’s all I got.

• Love 7

I happened to turn on a re-run of Mr. Mom, a movie from 1983 that included snippets of Y&R ala 1982 involving Nikkis romance with Kevin Bancroft and her assumption that he was the father of the child she was carrying, even though she'd snuck around with Victor while she was with Kevin - guess who the baby, and the baby's daddy, turned out to be.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Nikkis romance with Kevin Bancroft and her assumption that he was the father of the child she was carrying, even though she'd snuck around with Victor while she was with Kevin - guess who the baby, and the baby's daddy, turned out to be.

And the best thing about that story arc was that the baby was named after Kevin's grandmother, not Victor. It's still not clear to me whether Victor knows or not though. Everyone seems to assume Nick and Victoria were both named after their parents.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1