Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Does Rodan have to talk and eat at the same time?  Her animated movements are bad enough with out watching her chew.   

At one point, Phyllis was waving for fork around with such force that a piece of food flew off of it towards Summer.  Gross...

Either Nikki and Phyllis are so confident that Summer will not care that they straight-up lied to her on multiple occasions, or they think she's as stupid as we all did for years and they don't believe she'll put it together that they are behind the article.

You're right, Nikki, it isn't Victor's fault that Adam feels disconnected from the family.  It's your fault, and Nick's fault, and Victoria's fault.    

15 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What's Kyle's beef with Adam?

I asked myself this same question, using the exact same words!  The only thing I can come up with is Delia, but did Kyle even know her?  Or maybe it's the Sally connection? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

Victor wants to know the last time "something in this town got past him"?

Yeah nothing gets past Victor Newmoney, whoops I mean Newman.  Oh, except that time you funded your daughter's BFs sex ring, none the wiser.  

Wait, also that time you sauntered into a back alley in your Marlon Brando cosplay to go rumble with JT, who was actually your son in a mask.  You fucking poseur moron.  

It's always been this way since I've been watching, but the tongue bathing is so bad lately every Victor scenes come off like an informercial.  It doesn't even fit the rest of the show.  Can't EB go off and promote a Victor themed reverse mortgage or something instead?  JFC. 

(Sigh) credit to Nick.  He's the one who has the most "right" to be miffed at Sally for being a rival of his daughter, and he mostly sees it for what it was, which was nothing. 

And this how the vaunted family that Sally is currently stanning for treats her.  Nice.  

Nikki and Phyllis....are GC's villains.   Right? Otherwise holy shit.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Victor wants to know the last time "something in this town got past him"?

Yeah nothing gets past Victor Newmoney, whoops I mean Newman.  Oh, except that time you funded your daughter's BFs sex ring, none the wiser.  

Wait, also that time you sauntered into a back alley in your Marlon Brando cosplay to go rumble with JT, who was actually your son in a mask.  You fucking poseur moron.  

Everything you've said is more than correct, but I can't help but remember that touching moment we'd all been waiting for, and I think, are waiting for again, when the Metamucil finally worked!

giphy.gif

You got that?

Imagine being the downstairs maid at Moron Manor?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18

Was it my imagination or was Phyllis eating g with black plastic utensils at Society? I kept scrutinizing the scene and that's how it looked to me. Is that what high society uses these days? I guess we can expect paper plates next. Dixie brand, not generic of course!

15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

No mention of Moses going to college with Faith so is this another case of out of sight out of mind?  Will Faith be back in the fall already graduated from college and ready to take over NE?  I do believe that dress Faith is wearing is going to alienate her from her fellow freshman on their first day. I do believe that college women are dressing more casual. 

Looked like Little Bo Peep to me. Maybe she will return the same way Summer made her return as a hellion.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nikki actually mentioned Dominic. Wow. But who gives a one-year old a birthday gift wrapped in black and white paper with a black ribbon? 

I am all about wrapping gifts and loved that INE but I thought I was the only one who thought it totally inappropriate for a one year old. I wonder what the gift was? Maybe a smoking jacket.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Was it my imagination or was Phyllis eating g with black plastic utensils at Society? I kept scrutinizing the scene and that's how it looked to me. Is that what high society uses these days? I guess we can expect paper plates next. Dixie brand, not generic of course!

No, I'm sure you saw correctly.  Either Society isn't all that, or Abby has instructed the staff not to give Phyllis anything she could harm others with.  Do you have any idea what she was shoveling in her mouth with such gusto, because she sure was loving it.  

1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I am all about wrapping gifts and loved that INE but I thought I was the only one who thought it totally inappropriate for a one year old. I wonder what the gift was? Maybe a smoking jacket.

That was the weirdest thing.  The wrapping paper was bad enough, but a black bow for a baby?  I bet the gift was a customized plaque that says "Happy Birthday to Dominic, not a REAL Newman".  

• Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, boes said:

No, I'm sure you saw correctly.  Either Society isn't all that, or Abby has instructed the staff not to give Phyllis anything she could harm others with.  Do you have any idea what she was shoveling in her mouth with such gusto, because she sure was loving it.  

But I’m sure Rodan will be eating crow and not loving it when Summer finds out that Rodan was behind the Diane exposé. 
About the exposé. What did it expose that wasn’t already known about Diane?  What did Talia find that nobody else could find?  Is there going to be fallout that hurts anyone else beside Nikki and Rodan?  With Nostrils exposé on Adam, the fallout was Faith. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I cannot wait for everyone, especially Summer and Jack, to find out that the evil, sinister, hateful, snarly, snarky Phyllis is behind this plot against Diane. The more I see Phyllis the more I like Diane. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/2/2022 at 2:25 AM, boes said:

"Phyllis wants a cracker".

OMFG. Well, now I know what I'll be thinking every damn time I see her from now on.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, Julyolo said:

I hate what someone has done to the color of Tessa's hair.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I was mortified! They made her so ugly! She's the victim of a very bad hairdresser. Whoever committed that crime should be punished appropriately. 

23 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve seen the commercial for “The Talk” where she says something like she talked for years on TV but it wasn’t until she came “here” that she found her voice.

I HATE her purely because of that. I never saw her before, so this is all I know about her. I can't tell if she's supremely pathetic or just supremely a dick. But they show this clip right after B&B so I have to grab the remote and hit MUTE then punch in a new number to change the channel ASAP!!! And then that I-can't-believe-he's-not-gay creepy creep points and makes his douche noodle statement. It's as though that promo was designed to make sure no one watches that show. It's like some sort of viewer repellant.

19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What's Kyle's beef with Adam?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't remember.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Love 6

What would be fabulous is if Diane turned around and gave the reporter all the dirt on Phyllis and Nicki. But that would ruin her relationship with Kyle. I have a feeling Diane is playing the long game.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

What would be fabulous is if Diane turned around and gave the reporter all the dirt on Phyllis and Nicki. But that would ruin her relationship with Kyle. I have a feeling Diane is playing the long game.

I was thinking the same thing. I’m sure I’ve forgotten things, but Rodan drugged Danny Romalati so he wouldn’t remember they never had sex, got pregnant with another man’s child and the told Danny it was his. This broke up Danny’s marriage to Cricket. Once the baby was born she changed the paternity test.  She put a squid in Paul and Christine’s bed on their honeymoon.  She tried to kill Paul by hitting him with her car and she may have killed Sasha because she knew of the test manipulation. She disposed the body of her psychologist when he died in her apartment by rolling him up in a rug rather than calling for help. She’s betrayed Jack multiple times. First with Nick,who was mourning the death of Cassie, then with Billy.  Nikki has faked being terminally I’ll herself and seems to have spent most of her adult life scheming to win Victor back, even when they both were married to other people.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

What is wrong with the current logo that has worked for nearly 40 years?  (the first 11 yrs they had a font, not a logo).  We should celebrate by keeping the nostalgic YR logo. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d8f4f52b8fec0f22f2f9c04f9c9976d2.jpeg

• Applause 6
  • Love 2

Since Summer made Phyllis agree to a zero-tolerance policy with regard to antagonizing Diane as a condition of her employment, I trust that we'll get to see her psycho ass get fired tomorrow, right?  This is only Phyllis' second day on the job, after all, and she's already broken the one rule she had to abide by.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 8/29/2022 at 10:13 PM, JNavarro said:

Again, whether she's meant to be a villain or not, I'm just really enjoying SW as Diane.  Her episodes have been the most fun, mostly because of her alone lately.  

I have loved her return also. She is old school villain in that she comes across as a good/bad choices real person instead of a bad acting freak show that is Stafford. This show needs a Phyllis character but Stafford is just a buffoonish creepster in the part. I wanted SW to break character on Friday’s episode at Jabott and say “will you stop your slithering creepy ass freak show acting Stafford?”. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Since Summer made Phyllis agree to a zero-tolerance policy with regard to antagonizing Diane as a condition of her employment, I trust that we'll get to see her psycho ass get fired tomorrow, right?  This is only Phyllis' second day on the job, after all, and she's already broken the one rule she had to abide by.

Phyllis will just out-talk Summer and tell her more lies. Summer is useless when it comes to controlling her mommy.

I wanted SW to break character on Friday’s episode at Jabott and say “will you stop your slithering creepy ass freak show acting Stafford?”.  

Heh. Sometimes I don't know how her castmates don't bust out laughing at MS with her lazy, over-the-top acting choices. But the ones who've worked with her for years are probably used to it by now.

Diane's never had a corporate job before so she probably doesn't know about the concept of hostile work environment. Even without Summer's warnings, Phyllis' behavior toward Diane--particularly the nasty violation of Diane's personal space right in the Jabot hallway--is enough to get her booted. It'll be interesting to see how Diane handles it, or how Jack does since he's the big boss. Jack considers Phyllis and Nikki his friends but maybe he might get in touch with this Talia person to let her know there's plenty of dirt in their laundry too.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
On 9/2/2022 at 8:09 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, Tessa and Mariah can't adopt a child because they have rap sheets? Yet hardcore felons Chelsea and Chloe can pop out as many kids as they want.

Tessa and Mariah can simply use the time-honoured Y&R scheme of sperm stealing.  It is apparently very easy to dupe the guys at the sperm bank or sneak into the storage area when nobody is looking - Diane, Ashley & Chloe did it. The vials and canisters are all clearly and indiscretely labelled with the full name of the depositor, so take your pick.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 18

Poor Traci. She is only in town here and there and when she is she has to deal with her horny niece getting laid in the family home and her nephew who wants to have another wedding. Hasn’t Kyle had plenty of weddings at this point? Maybe your family doesn’t want to celebrate you and Summer yet again.

Kyle needs to tell his bare shouldered bitch of a mother in law to leave Diane alone. He should also tell Summer to get her mom in line or he is cutting her off in the bedroom.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Tessa and Mariah can simply use the time-honoured Y&R scheme of sperm stealing.  It is apparently very easy to dupe the guys at the sperm bank or sneak into the storage area when nobody is looking - Diane, Ashley & Chloe did it. The vials and canisters are all clearly and indiscretely labelled with the full name of the depositor, so take your pick.

Hmmm, not a bad idea, not at all.

They could get luck and choose 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

or, they could end up with 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

One guess as to which one Nick would like to be Grampaw to...

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12

So there will be no fallout to Phyllis and Nicki? Jack was not particularly warm towards Diane; Kyle does not mention it to Phyllis? Summer is simply excited about a “surprise” … everyone except Diane is acting like nothing has happened? Maybe I missed something. 

It has gotten to the point where I either mute the tv when MS/Phyllis is on or I change the channel and then go back.

• Like 7
  • Love 8

When Adam starts treating them like a caring, decent person, the Newmans don't know how to act. Nick still being a petty jerk about Adam's new job is pathetic.

That spot in the park is like the town square where everyone comes through daily. Guess Abby and Chance are exhibitionists.

Okay, Jack's reaction to the Diane hit piece wasn't what I expected. He acted like she deserved it. Meh, there's a reason why we no longer use public stockades, Jack.

AFAIC Sally should tell Chloe to stay in her lane and out of her personal life. But then that would mean Sally would also have to stop using Chloe as a sounding board even though she knows Chloe has zero objectivity wrt Adam.

Ugh, Diane, quit trying to reason with that psycho. Phyllis is walking, talking poison for which there is no antidote. Even spending some time in a deep coma didn't fix her. Just steer clear and avoid engaging her.

So Chloe's belief is that people with troubled childhoods shouldn't be allowed to have romantic adult relationships? That's rich coming from the woman married to Kevin.

Not sure I'm understanding this new kinder, gentler approach Adam is taking with Sally. Is it a fake-out? Is he trying to pull her in so he can drop her again even harder? Whatever, he sure has put her in a messed up state.

Chance said that was his and Abby's bedroom in the Chancellor Estate. Funny how it looked just like a hotel room at the Gland Poobah, ha ha. Plus it was rather small for a mansion's master bedroom. 🤔

Lol, Chance laying back in the bed all glistening and muscular with not a hair out of place. He knows he's glorious. Sorry, Abby, but you're punching way above your weight class. 😼

Don't do it, Jack. Don't let Phyllis redecorate your family's home! By the time she's finished it'll end up looking like a waiting room in a bordello. John and Dina would not approve.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Why should the “whole world” give 💩💩 about Diane Jenkins. How many people, outside of GC, know who Diane Jenkins is.  Juicy story my ass. Nikki and Rodan seem to have nothing better to do than gloat over their accomplishment.  Rodan, the way you describe Diane sounds more like you than her. Here again I have to play the game of pausing my DVR on Rodan’s facial expressions. Comedy gold!!  That’s the only thing, I find, that Rodan is worth Rodan being given airtime. 

Diane has a guardian angel but who.  Is it the publisher or someone who has power over the publisher?  I’m sure we will find out soon.  

Chance 2.0 your some gentleman. You sit on the blanket while Abby sits on the grass. 

Chloe your bias is showing again. Please please shut the fuck up about Adam and mind your own darn business.  Your meddling caused tension between you and Chelsea and now your doing the same with Sally. Chloe your almost as annoying as Rodan. With friends like Chloe, you don’t need enemies. My the way Mrs Chipmunk, Mr Chipmunk’s past is very close to be as bad as Adam’s. Tell me Mrs Chipmunk, how many lives has he saved?  

Abby and Chance 2.0 in bed. Was that love making or wrestling?  It certainly wasn’t passion. 

Rodan Rodan Rodan, Jack knows your lying because it’s written all over his face. Jack knows all your tells to know that your lying. Being indignant is one of them.  Lying is second nature to Rodan but she’s not good at it but everyone seems to give her a pass. 

Banana Breath has had an epiphany as to Adam in understanding Adam and what he has been going through.  I’m surprised that Nikki even understood the comparison Banana Breath was making towards Adam.  

• Like 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Rodan Rodan Rodan, Jack knows your lying because it’s written all over his face. Jack knows all your tells to know that your lying. Being indignant is one of them.  Lying is second nature to Rodan but she’s not good at it but everyone seems to give her a pass. 

He knows she’s lying because she’s standing in the room and her lips are moving. Actually, her location doesn’t matter. Just assume if she’s talking somewhere lies are pouring out. Why is Jack giving this monstrosity the time of day? But you’re certainly correct that everyone knows she’s an inveterate (and terrible) liar and they just give her a pass.

I actually feel sorry for EH. Every scene for Chloe now is her acting shrewish over Adam. Hopefully, Sally is thisclose to telling her to mind her damn business.

Edited by nasir jones
ETA
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

mind your own business, Chloe, and shut the hell up. Go away!

The character of Chloe the buttinsky is becoming so tedious to watch, that I change the station whenever she starts in.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

So who's the mysterious texter who was able to kill the article revealing Diane's secrets to the world, the one she texted back to that things were still precarious in GC and for them not to contact her again - and are things still "precarious" for her in the sense that folks in GC have yet to accept her as the changed person she believes she is, or "precarious" in the sense that she's trying to lay the groundwork for pulling of some kind of scam, and anyone finding out who her mysterious texter is would ruin her chances.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

So who's the mysterious texter who was able to kill the article revealing Diane's secrets to the world, the one she texted back to that things were still precarious in GC and for them not to contact her again - and are things still "precarious" for her in the sense that folks in GC have yet to accept her as the changed person she believes she is, or "precarious" in the sense that she's trying to lay the groundwork for pulling of some kind of scam, and anyone finding out who her mysterious texter is would ruin her chances.

My guesses: Christine Blair, Julie Chen, Billy Boy Abbott

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Abby and Chance 2.0 in bed. Was that love making or wrestling?  It certainly wasn’t passion. 

I'm good with anything that makes Chance lose some clothing. 🔥  Chance is the new Brad to me, they should never give him his shirt back.

750067905_ChanceinbedSept2022.thumb.jpg.b39e3030ebb6e12ae22946b20c6c5f44.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Right on, Phyllis.  You aren't at all obsessed with Diane.  You only spend every waking moment and about 40% of non-waking moments thinking about her, which by definition is most definitely NOT an obsession.  For a minute, I thought Kyle was telling Phyllis about the party only to inform her that she wasn't invited.  

I'm calling it now...if Jack let's Phyllis redecorate his house, viewer backlash will be so swift and voracious that it will have to be undone as quickly as when Billy turned Kay's living room into a "bordello for depressives" with a hockey stick in the corner.

It always seems like Chloe's "concern" for Chelsea and Sally is less about what's best for them and more about her own desire to make sure Adam has no happiness in his life at all. 

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

My guesses: Christine Blair, Julie Chen, Billy Boy Abbott

Lol!  Wasn't Hilary always name-dropping Julie Chen as her role model?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

I don't why this one bothered me, but the thing about Adam not getting close to people because of the childhood incident (and isn't that some recently introduced retcon?) was dumb. It was just him defending his mother, not because of some rage filled violent temper.  

In a day full of lowlights, the biggest zinger of a line was Nick stating he wasn't a kid.  Sure, pal...if Abby had somehow wound up with your lunch instead of Dominic's, nobody would know the difference.  

• Like 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

It always seems like Chloe's "concern" for Chelsea and Sally is less about what's best for them and more about her own desire to make sure Adam has no happiness in his life at all. 

Agree.  Also, I feel sorry for EH because she has been required to repeat the exact same dialogue, at the same pace, with utmost sincerity, to either Sally or Chelsea for the last few years.  Im sick of it.  Imagine how she feels.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Right on, Phyllis.  You aren't at all obsessed with Diane.  You only spend every waking moment and about 40% of non-waking moments thinking about her, which by definition is most definitely NOT an obsession.  For a minute, I thought Kyle was telling Phyllis about the party only to inform her that she wasn't invited.  

I don't know how anyone would have the energy to bash someone at the drop.of a hat the way she does. She must think up insults to have ready to scream at Diane as soon as she sees her. It must be exhausting.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Most of the spumors I've seen say it's Deacon but I'm wondering if it's Adam. He likely still has connections from when he ran Newman Media. He could've reached out and did her a solid.

I'm calling it now...if Jack let's Phyllis redecorate his house, viewer backlash will be so swift and voracious that it will have to be undone as quickly as when Billy turned Kay's living room into a "bordello for depressives" with a hockey stick in the corner.

Yeah, unless TPTB have a product placement deal with a home furnishings company, I don't see why they would dare try messing with the iconic Abbott set. It's a bad, bad idea, especially with Phyllis involved.

Lol!  Wasn't Hilary always name-dropping Julie Chen as her role model?

That's Julie Chen Moonves to you! 😏 Oh well, now that her husband no longer runs the network, Y&R doesn't have to suck up to her anymore. Only the players on Big Brother still are required to and that show is starting to circle the drain.

I don't know how anyone would have the energy to bash someone at the drop.of a hat the way she does. She must think up insults to have ready to scream at Diane as soon as she sees her. It must be exhausting.

Phyllis probably has a diary where she writes down new slams against Diane every night before she goes to sleep. That way she has them ready in her memory the next day.  It's like she's regressing back to middle school.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, MsMalin said:

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis probably has a diary where she writes down new slams against Diane every night before she goes to sleep. That way she has them ready in her memory the next day.  It's like she's regressing back to middle school.

Imagine what she writes on the bathroom walls.  

"For a good time, call Diane Jenkins at 555-555-5555, this was NOT written by Phyllis Summers who I have on good authority promised NOT to do anything like this"

"Diane Jenkins is a two-bit hoor and this was NOT written by Phyllis Summers, who not only promised her dotter that she wouldn't do anything like this but is really busy and really successful at running the Marchetti Home Sewage Line and doesn't even think about Diane Jenkins AT ALL, which is like NEVER and anyway she looks way better in dresses with one sleeve so just stop trying to pin this on ME-I-mean-Her!  Signed, Not Phyllis Summers."

"Jack Abbott has a HUGE investment-in-this-company, what did you think I was gonna write?"

As for redecorating the Abbott house, if Phyllis does the job it's going to look like the clearance room at Ross Dress for Less.  

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Gee, Victor, I bet you wonder why YELLING AT and BROWBEATING your errant son doesn't endear him to you!

And he wonders why his family tossed him out at the Home for Little Bastards and never looked back.

I'm with his folks, 100%,

You got that?

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

Come on monkeys with a keyboard now getting Christine involved with the adoption.  Just let Mariah get pregnant and stop the stupid drama. 

Adam is so right. It’s better to be treated as an outsider by the Abbotts than an outsider by your own “family”.  

Why am I not surprised that Moses is also going to Michigan.  Sharon, do you actually think that it’s a quick drive to Ann Arbor.  Banana Breath not that far?  I guess 341 miles is not that far and 5 hrs from the real Genoa City is a quick drive 😂

Correct me if I’m wrong but Imani 2.0 looks like she could be Naya’s real life daughter than Imani 1.0.  

Victor Victor Victor you actually believe that you treat Olive, Banana Breath, and Abby the same?  Than you are an old fool. Olive is the Golden Child that must be worship at all costs.  Olive treats Adam like 💩 and Victor allows it.  

• Love 14

Oh, Temp Imani is a bit older than OG Imani. Okay.

Maybe Chelsea should work on finding another job instead lollygagging around in the park feeling sorry for herself.

Where did Noah go to college? I don't recall Sharon and Nick making such a big deal before. Besides, Faith will only be a few hundred miles away. It's not as if she's going to a school on the East or West coast. Gah.

Adam, you probably should've sent Victor a text with your Jabot news. Just sayin'.

I don't know why Mariah and Tessa have to adopt. If neither of them is willing to be pregnant, they might consider using a surrogate, no? I bet TPTB are going to drag this out for years, even with Christine involved.

Billy lied to Chelsea today. He and Victoria did discuss Johnny being told Chelsea is his bio-mommy. Victoria said she's going to send the kids back to boarding school, presumably to keep Johnny away from Chelz. Chelsea went directly to Victoria to make her case too. Whatever, Billy has to know if he lets Chelsea be alone with Johnny she'll tell him. Or she'll get Connor to do it.

WHOA! Faith actually mentioned Moses and Sofia! That's more than can be said for his brother Devon and his cousin Nate. 😐

Lily: Elena, I wanted to get your take on the Nate vs. Devon situation here at C-W.
Elena: sure, I have some thoughts.
Lily: great! Now, since you've slept with both of them, which one do you see winning a d!ck-swinging contest?
Elena: excuse me what? I'm giving you 10 seconds to retract that question before I make you need CPR, you conceited heifer.
Lily: <mew>

Temp Imani wasn't giving me the shady, manipulative vibes I usually get from her when she's with Nate. She seemed more like a motivational speaker to me.

Except for the part where you didn't give Adam $500M but your other kids did get fat payouts. Shut up, Victor. You know exactly why Adam feels unwanted and unwelcome at NE and in the Newman family..

Lily's skirt. Yikes. Did she get it get caught in her car door and it ripped in half? I still don't know how the C-W employees can take her seriously when she dresses like a sugar baby.

Adam didn't look thrilled to hear Chelsea wants to take Connor out of town. Hmm.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

You know, I always have a giant glass of iced tea right before I go on a long road trip, too!  🚹🚺🚾

Victor may want Adam working at NE, but Victoria doesn't want him there in any capacity.  Maybe Victor should be having this conversation with her.  I had a feeling Adam was planning to snake control of Jabot from the Abbotts as the ultimate way to win Victor's respect, but maybe he really is done with it this time.  ?   

So I guess Lily and Devon had no issue with the exorbitant sum Nate paid to get Elena out of her NM contract.  I was expecting some huge blowback over that, especially since that was the opening offer to Sally and not the result of a lot of negotiation, but apparently Elena's worth it!

Somebody get Chelsea a copy of What Color Is Your Parachute to read while she's in Minnesota.  Haven't we just been through this with Billy?  I don't care understand what her problem is.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

You know, I always have a giant glass of iced tea right before I go on a long road trip, too!  🚹🚺🚾

Somebody get Chelsea a copy of What Color Is Your Parachute to read while she's in Minnesota.  Haven't we just been through this with Billy?  I don't care understand what her problem is.  

Her problem is that she is as mad as the proverbial hatter. I welcome her going back to visit her Ma - at least she will be gone for awhile. But. I fear there could be a kidnapping afoot - normally I would love to see Victoria miserable and actually have a facial expression. But it would bring Victor to the front by trying to save the day for His Precious. Ick.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I think Diane's secret lifeline is Keemo. I think he faked his death too. It was too strange that Diane used that house purchase to re-connect with Jack. How would she have access to the info Jack's deceased son's home was for sale? It's not like it would be part of the listing description on Zillow.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

For whatever reason, I immediately assumed that Diane was texting 

Spoiler

whoever TSJ is going to be playing

Aww, Victor big mad.  God forbid he wish his child success even if it's not at the  family cult company compound.  Adam did a good job dealing with his hysterics.   

• Like 4
  • Love 9

So today's episode was all about giving terrible advice and over-reacting to a kid going off to college?  I was glued to the screen, glued, I say.  (Never try to repair books while watching Show, my friends, the glue is gonna get you.)

Lily asks for Elena's input on the issues between Devon and Nate Natey Big Headed Nate and when Elena gives it to her straight, Lily twitches her nose like she's Samantha and Elena is Darren and reframes what she heard to fit her own narrative.  Yep, Jill, Lily is taking Chancellor right into the future, if that future is a big ol' ditch.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of a family company, they could have started out with a family movie night?  Though considering the egos involved, they'd still be trying to decide between Weekend at Bernie's and Showgirls.  

Then Big Head Nate meets up with Imani, giving his hips an extra swivel as his biggest enabler tells him exactly what he didn't even know he wanted to hear, along with the worst advice since Lily advised ButtBiscuit that people wanted to hear what he thought via podcast instead of just a looped recording of him crying and apologizing for his existence.  Nate actually looked like he puffed up as she stroked his ego and I think, for the first time, I saw what people mean when they say someone "preened".  I don't know how Nate gets his head through doorways anymore.

I'm with Devon on this.  And if Devon's at all smart, he'll dump Lily as well, or at least make her crystal clear on what his lanes are and to STAY OUT OF THEM.

But Show wasn't done, nosirreeButtBiscuit!  We had to listen to the wind whistle thought the Carlsbad caverns of his mind as he imparted his wisdom to Chelsea.  Wisdom that consisted almost solely as "this is Adam's fault".  Adam can be blamed for many things, but Chelsea's imitation of a superannuated Oompah Loompah who consistently dresses as a long deceased Grannie Clampett and whose mind works with all the depth of a penny candy machine isn't one of them.

Finally, Round 4459 of Adam disappointing Victor was the storyline equivalent of one of Chelsea's designs.  Nothing made any sense, and everything coming out of Victor's mouth made for queasy listening.  When he thundered at Adam, "You're a Newman!" I wanted to thunder back, "Fuck no, you're all MILLERS, you fake ass old fart".  But I didn't because I didn't want to scare the dog.

I almost forgot what may have been the creepiest thing of all, the Fairwell To Faith emotional overkill with a generous side of family guilt because the kid is going to school out of town and as a consequence, not living with or near her family for several months.  

"You're a NEWMAN" should be translated as "You're totally fucked and you might as well give up any hope of emotional sanity now".  At this rate, her nearest and dearest are going to make sure she gets a Masters in it.

Faith is going to find out that's crap she can't ever scrape off her shoe.

Edited by boes
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Thank you!  Reading your entertaining (and accurate) description gave much-needed added value to this episode because I'm feeling like Elena - trying to give solid truths to these fools at CW and not being heard (although this newest episode pales in comparison with the way she read Nate and his connection to his puppeteer Imani).  And, yes, in spite of his tendency to be petty, Devon is right from a business point-of-view.  Considering his valid hesitation about this merger at the beginning, he definitely should have opted for family movie night!  

As for all things Newman, lately polite language fails me considering the screen-consuming, self-promoting, entitled, decades-old repetition coming from that family.  Sure would nice if The Young and The Restless had an ensemble cast. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8
On 9/5/2022 at 5:02 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Don't do it, Jack. Don't let Phyllis redecorate your family's home! By the time she's finished it'll end up looking like a waiting room in a bordello. John and Dina would not approve.

Please tell me this isn’t really happening. I am two eps behind. I swear if they redo Abbott Mansion I will be so bummed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2