Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: It Came From Michoacan

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Maya steps up her bid to turn Marty, whose eerily calm demeanor has Wendy worried.  The Byrdes buy a horse farm on behalf of Navarro.

Airdate 03.27.2020

Keep your discussion to this episode only - thank you!

I think Darlene and Wyatt we’re supposed to be disturbing.   That was the point.    Darlene is a psychopath and Wyatt is looking for a mother figure and it all got twisted.    This is by no means a romantic pairing.

• Love 13
On 3/31/2020 at 1:50 PM, rubinia said:

Wow...that is NOT where I thought Darlene and Wyatt were headed. I thought she was a motherly figure to him...yikes.

As soon as she was washing his hair I knew that’s where it was going. I was cringing and yelling at the tv the whole time. My son thought I was hilarious (but was creeped out too from them.).

• Love 7
On 3/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, Armchair Critic said:

I finally figured out how I know Wendy & Marty's therapist:

that's now how.jpg

I know her as Miles’ mother in the movie Sideways.

Agreed that Wyatt & Darlene was really icky and it was one of the shows longer sex scenes.

Wish I was more invested in Ruth & Wendy’s brother but they seem to be lacking chemistry IMO. Ruth has much better chemistry with Marty though I like their platonic relationship. 

• Love 3

So why did that guy(forgot his name) fool Ruth into getting in his truck,then we see her walking back on the road and Ben picked her up? I felt like I missed something.

• Love 4
On 4/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, SoWindsor said:

Agreed that Wyatt & Darlene was really icky and it was one of the shows longer sex scenes.

I wouldn’t know since I fast forwarded through the entire thing. That was terrifying. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, Valny said:

So why did that guy(forgot his name) fool Ruth into getting in his truck,then we see her walking back on the road and Ben picked her up? I felt like I missed something.

It seemed like they skipped a scene, I actually rewound it because I thought I missed something too. She got shut in the truck and next thing she's walking down the road.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2020 at 12:53 AM, WritinMan said:

Well, Wendy finally gets a wake-up call as to what she's actually involved in. Was it the previous episode where she thought she was her own boss? Yeah...no.

Wow, who woulda thought working for the cartel was dangerous, huh Wendy? So glad she got that smackdown. Gee, wonder why Marty wanted out? Wanted to stay safe?

Poor horse, and poor ranch lady. As soon as I heard "horses" I knew this was going to go bad, based on my previous scarred-for-life Sopranos horse storyline.

• Love 5
On 3/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, UnknownK said:

You have two broken people looking for something to dull the pain a little while with somebody who understands great loss.

Yeah, I'm not really disturbed by Darlene + Wyatt. He's of legal age now, and nobody bats an eye when an old man and young woman are paired up (as they often are). For instance, Ben has to be in his late 30's/early 40's, yet everyone thinks it's perfectly fine for him to be with a 20 yr old Ruth (which it is since they're both consenting adults). I actually think it's refreshing to see the genders flipped this way.   

• Love 4

You can petty much look at any relationship and find issues with them because of age, maturity, power balance, economics, etc.

I don't see an issue with unlikely consenting adults dating , but would look a little closer at the dynamics if they decided to marry and have kids especially if they have major mental health problems.

• Love 1

Wendy really thought they were partners? Every time he’s asked her to weigh in on something, I’ve only seen it as threatening.  
With everything else that happened, it was the massive argument at the end, that gave me chills.  

• Love 1

Um .... 

Why? ....

And also no.

I'm not even sure it's the 40-year age difference that bothers me as much as the fact that neither of these characters works in the framework of the show anymore or is interesting, and putting them together as a sexual pairing really doesn't help matters.  It's already random that Wyatt is living with Darlene.  It's already stupid the cartel didn't kill her off. 

Oh, and that custody hearing was ridiculous.  Where was a representative from social services in that hearing??  It's been 6 months,  Darlene can't yet adopt the baby, she's still fostering, while everyone pretends Mason might show up again some day ... an arrangement I guess we're supposed to believe social services just accepted for some insane reason after Marty dropped the kid off with the crazy lady who was already told she wasn't eligible to foster a baby?  None of this is believable.    

Anywaaaayyyy .... so Wendy is also an idiot.  Did she seriously think Navarro, the gross and violent man who just kidnapped and tortured her husband, somehow respects her as a business partner?   And that calling him up to yell at him was a good move?  

On 3/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, UnknownK said:

You have two broken people looking for something to dull the pain a little while with somebody who understands great loss.

Well, Darlene's only broken because she murders people a lot, including the husband she now "mourns".  And gets away with it.  And gets a free baby out of the deal.