Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Rebound

• Start Topic

John may not have been the best dad then but clearly it shows he has changed since season 1. It was heartbreaking to see Alexis finally letting out her feelings about the break-up.

Maybe Jocelyn would reconsider working at the Apothecary on the weekend as a side-job?

Was Moira wearing her Crowening costume for her Schitt's Creek tourism video?

• Love 5

Yeah I was also wondering about Jocelyn’s teaching job. I did love how good she was at the job and then dismissed the job offer, and how it’s always a joke how dead the store is. How do those two make money again?

Poor Alexis. I’m glad that they didn’t brush over her breakup but I hate how sad she is.

Moira’s black dress was absolutely hideous, yet hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing at the Schitt’s Creek commercial and how uncomfortable everyone looked in it.

• Love 7

This was a good episode. This is maybe the most passive aggressive we’ve ever seen Jocelyn. In fact in this episode she seemed more like her husband than how we usually see her, but it was funny all the same. Loved seeing Johnny bond with Alexis, and Moira’s hilarious video about Schitt’s Creek was the cherry on top!

“You mean you’ve run out is more like it!”

Proceeds to bare teeth in an attempt at a smile

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I love that Alexis thinks an appropriate outfit for a date at a steakhouse in Elmdale is a gold bedazzled dress.

The protest signs were hilarious in their politeness. "That wasn't very nice! :(" and "We're really unhappy with you, Moira!"

I was glad that Alexis knew all along that Artie was not right for her and that she was just trying to distract herself. I was also glad that Artie was a nice enough guy that once Johnny butted in and told him that Alexis was in a very vulnerable place, he did the right thing and ended things with her instead of taking advantage of the situation. Henry Czerny will always be Conrad Grayson to me so I was waiting for him to do something really sneaky and evil.

• Love 15

Why is Alexis spending all her time hanging out with her rebound guy? The entire reason why Ted wanted to break up with her was because she has this "amazing career opportunity" right now but she is not actually doing anything with it she is just off focusing on her personal life. Alexis said she wanted to distract herself well she could have done that with her job.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Why is Alexis spending all her time hanging out with her rebound guy? The entire reason why Ted wanted to break up with her was because she has this "amazing career opportunity" right now but she is not actually doing anything with it she is just off focusing on her personal life. Alexis said she wanted to distract herself well she could have done that with her job.

Moira mentioned that her 'publicist' had the day off...so Alexis was distracting herself with creepy rebound Artie that day. The rest of the time was at night or supposedly the upcoming weekend. She's heartbroken. You do dumb things to distract yourself when you're sad.

8 hours ago, roctavia said:

What happened to Jocelyn's teaching job at the school? Or is this "summer" so she doesn't have work right now?

She mentioned she needed side work too because they'd sunk their savings into the hotel. They also mentioned renting out a room in their house to make ends meet. So she's still teaching, and whatever else. I didn't really get why she didn't take the job at the Apothecary, since she was so good at it, and hell, I'd like to work there, it's so pretty. But whatever, it was funny.

If I'd been David, I'd have had to implement a dress code for the job, tho. Kitten sweatshirts have no place anywhere, but def not in that store. Jocelyn didn't used to dress SO bad.

Speaking of dresses, Alexis' tight little gold dress was so short I don't know how she sat down, but I loved her little boho bell sleeved one.

Moira is a terrible actress. That commercial was hilarious.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Moira is a terrible actress. That commercial was hilarious.

Never disrespect Moira!!!!!!!! She'll sic her crows on you!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Jocelyn didn't used to dress SO bad.

It seems like since she had the baby they put her in "Mom" mode. I don't understand why she still has the terrible haircut she got awhile ago. Or are we supposed to assume she likes that look?

• Love 5

With this show, sometimes it's the little things that get me. I love that Moira used to want to be billed as "television's Moira Rose," despite having made such notable flicks as "Not Without My Cousin," but in the tourism ad, she was "film and television's Moira Rose." The Crowening was just that big (some viewer sharper than me will probably tell me she used "film and telelvision's" in an early episode, but it made me smile).  

• Love 2

Was Moira wearing her Crowening costume for her Schitt's Creek tourism video?

No but she has several outfits and wigs that look very similar.

That tourism video was everything. "Did someone say fine dining? The Cafe Tropical has certainly been described as "fine.""

I love that Moira used to want to be billed as "television's Moira Rose," despite having made such notable flicks as "Not Without My Cousin," 

I'm assuming "Not Without My Cousin" and "Miranda Rights" were made-for-TV movies.

Henry Czerny will always be Conrad Grayson to me so I was waiting for him to do something really sneaky and evil.

He's Norfolk from The Tudors to me!

• Love 5

Although it was said in a throw-away manner, I found it pretty significant that the interview that they were talking about was in People Magazine.  I think that Interflick (?) and the movie are going to open a lot of opportunities for Moira.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Schitt's Creek becomes a tourist mecca due to Moira's commercial.

16 hours ago, roctavia said:

What happened to Jocelyn's teaching job at the school? Or is this "summer" so she doesn't have work right now?

Depending on how much time has past since the premiere, I think it is still summer. IIRC, she messed up July and August dates on her plane ticket.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if Schitt's Creek becomes a tourist mecca due to Moira's commercial.

That is  very clearly what they are stepping up since an influx of tourists is necessary for Johnny's motel business to bloom and it might give some traffic to David's store too.

• Love 2

The great thing about this show is you discover different things if you watch each episode.  I loved when Alexis was with Artie and Johnny and said something along the lines of "oh my god I'm laughing my head off" which is something you'd say if you were talking to someone via text or online but if you were with someone you would actually be laughing!

As far as Jocelyn's hair goes, I think it's just a nod to how busy she is working and raising the baby and has no time to take care of herself.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Miss Molly said:

I loved when Alexis was with Artie and Johnny and said something along the lines of "oh my god I'm laughing my head off" which is something you'd say if you were talking to someone via text or online but if you were with someone you would actually be laughing!

Or if you're Mandy Moore on Scrubs, you say, "That's so funny," but never laugh and that's enough to make Zach Braff want to break up with you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm in the minority. I found Jocelyn completely unlikable in this episode. She used emotional blackmail to force her way into the Apothecary job then she turned it down. She did the same with forcing her way into staying in the Presidential Suite at the second motel.

Writing women as passive aggressive emotional manipulators is one of my hot buttons. It's such a sexist trope and should no longer be used. This show's writing is usually smarter than that. 

Catherine O'Hara has been the star of this season for me. Her uncomfortable smiles in the tourism video this episode were perfect.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Darian said:

With this show, sometimes it's the little things that get me. I love that Moira used to want to be billed as "television's Moira Rose," despite having made such notable flicks as "Not Without My Cousin," but in the tourism ad, she was "film and television's Moira Rose." The Crowening was just that big (some viewer sharper than me will probably tell me she used "film and telelvision's" in an early episode, but it made me smile).  

I'm pretty sure that "Not Without My Cousin" (and "Miranda Rights") was a Made-for-TV movie. "The Crowening" was supposed to be a feature film, even though it ended up being released on streaming Interflix.

• Love 2

That tourism video was everything, especially that amazingly stylish trash bag that Moira was rocking! The amount of awkward clenched smiles should double the work of the local dentist by at least 30%! 

That gold dress Alexis was wearing was certainly something, I love that thats what Alexis decides to wear to a steakhouse. I am still as sad as Alexis is that she and Ted are broken up, is it so much to ask that we might get a last minute reunion? 

On 3/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The protest signs were hilarious in their politeness. "That wasn't very nice! :(" and "We're really unhappy with you, Moira!"

"We are not angry, we are disappointed." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am still as sad as Alexis is that she and Ted are broken up, is it so much to ask that we might get a last minute reunion? 

Spoiler

I have heard/read Annie say that that was Dustin's last day on set, so unless they shot a future scene before that, I wouldn't hold my breath.

(edited)

Totally a nod to how polite Canadians are known for being.  😃

Moira's line about the car being egged was hilarious.  Something along the lines of "poultry" and "ovum" from the sky.

Edited by aemom
Forgot about the eggs
  • Love 4

That black dress with the white geometric grid Moira had on at the start was gorgeous. And, oh my, her video was awful(ly funny)! Poor David and Patrick. Their store is a gorgeous oasis and the angles chosen made it look terrible. 

Also, poor Johnny. I’m sure he doesn’t want to know 99% of what his daughter got up to while he was absorbed in building his video empire. At least he’s a better father now.

• Love 2

Henry Czerny will always be Conrad Grayson to me so I was waiting for him to do something really sneaky and evil.

Thank you--it was driving me crazy trying to remember why he looked and sounded so familiar.

• Love 2

Well, they are Canadian. 

• Love 1