Type keyword(s) to search

In the Media: Faux News

Season 3 is now available on Netflix, earlier than advertised! Don't know if someone messed up, but there it is.

Glitched and it got fixed. Apparently even fake Washington has leaks. I blame the President.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

The Hollywood Reporter got a look at the first episode before it was pulled and put together a list of quotes from it. They try to spoiler some significant things, particularly one, but really, it was so poorly done, they might have just revealed it. 

Essentially, this all but reveals that as many suspected, Doug did not die and now Frank and company are well aware of Rachel's existence and is looking for her because she is at this point the key to blowing this shit wide open.

Read the article for yourself if you don't mind being a little spoiled: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/house-cards-season-3-leak-772614

Edited by truthaboutluv

Sesame Street does the best parodies.  And pigs...  Too bad there were no rib references.  Or is that good enough?

(Sorry, I just got into the show.  Trying not to read the other threads as I'm only halfway through season 1)

2015 Emmy nominations:

Outstanding Drama Series

Kevin Spacey - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Robin Wright - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Michael Kelly - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Rachel Brosnahan - Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Reg E. Cathey - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Emmy nominations:

Lead actor in a drama - Kevin Spacey
Lead actress in a drama - Robin Wright
Drama series
Outstanding supporting actor in a drama series - Michael Kelly
Outstanding guest actor in a drama series - Reg E. Cathey
Outstanding guest actor in a drama series - Mahershala Ali
Outstanding guest actor in a drama series - Paul Sparks
Outstanding guest actress in a drama series - Ellen Burstyn
Outstanding guest actress in a drama series - Molly Parker
Outstanding production design for a narrative contemporary or fantasy program (one hour or more)
Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)

Kevin Spacey was on Build discussing Clarence Darrow and he talked about House of Cards/Frank Underwood:

On Frank:

On House of Cards:

The full Build interview:

Kevin Spacey on Today:

Kevin Spacey on Stephen Colbert discussing Underwood vs. Trump:

Robin Wright on who would win in a fight between Claire Underwood and her Amazon character in the new Wonder Woman movie:

• Love 1
(edited)

Emmy nominations:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES - Kevin Spacey

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES - Robin Wright

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES - Michael Kelly

OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A SERIES (ORIGINAL DRAMATIC SCORE

OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (ONE HOUR)

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Honestly Season six ending this is a good thing.  The show is becoming a bit ridiculous and hard to believe. like a parody of itself. 

Agreed. Whatever the reason for the decision (I personally don't buy Netflix's claim that it has nothing to do with the allegations against Spacey), I think it is one that needed to happen. My golden rule when it comes to television shows - six seasons and that's it. Especially shows like House of Cards with the premise it has. Like you said, it was starting to reach the ridiculous levels with the amount of things the audience was expected to buy that Frank and company kept getting away with. The original British show had the right idea with making the series a 3 seasons arc. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I saw something that they are considering doing a spin-off of HOC centering on Doug Stamper.  He doesn't hold my interest enough to see a show revolving around him.  And regardless of the Spacey allegations, I think the show has run its course. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, roughing it said:

I saw something that they are considering doing a spin-off of HOC centering on Doug Stamper.  He doesn't hold my interest enough to see a show revolving around him.  And regardless of the Spacey allegations, I think the show has run its course. 

A spinoff based on DOUG!!  Really? 

I cannot imagine a more boring premise for a show. 

Out of all the characters on the entire show that are still alive, he would be the last one I would choose for a spinoff. 

no interest. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

If it happens that Season 6 never airs, which is a distinct possibility at this point...I'm actually okay with that.  My initial thought when I heard this was "Oh no, we'll never know what happened." However, season 5 ended in a way that the trajectory of the show is fairly clear and while we might not ever know what exactly happens, I think we can all surmise the same outcome.

Now, if this had happened after season 4, I would be singing a different tune.

I saw something that they are considering doing a spin-off of HOC centering on Doug Stamper.  He doesn't hold my interest enough to see a show revolving around him. 

Yeah, the actor doesn't seem to me like he could carry a whole show. I'd be okay with both him and Claire in a spin-off, but only if Claire either kills Frank or has him killed.

It's unfortunate that all those people employed by the show will possibly lose their jobs sooner than they anticipated due to Spacey's bad behavior coming to light. Robin Wright will likely be fine (unless it comes out that Spacey was pulling similar stuff on HOC staff and she knew) but it's hard to imagine Spacey ever working in Hollywood again.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's unfortunate that all those people employed by the show will possibly lose their jobs sooner than they anticipated due to Spacey's bad behavior coming to light. Robin Wright will likely be fine (unless it comes out that Spacey was pulling similar stuff on HOC staff and she knew) but it's hard to imagine Spacey ever working in Hollywood again.

I think they'll be fine.  I've seen the guy who plays Hammerschmidt in quite a few things, I hear the actor who plays Doug Stamper is basically the polar opposite of his character (thank goodness!), so he may want to try something else, and there are so many other "established" actors on the show that I think their HOC experience will be an asset, not a detriment, to their resumes.  Spacey's actions don't change the fact that this show has some pretty stellar performances by many/most of the cast.

35 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

I think they'll be fine.  I've seen the guy who plays Hammerschmidt in quite a few things, I hear the actor who plays Doug Stamper is basically the polar opposite of his character (thank goodness!), so he may want to try something else, and there are so many other "established" actors on the show that I think their HOC experience will be an asset, not a detriment, to their resumes.  Spacey's actions don't change the fact that this show has some pretty stellar performances by many/most of the cast.

Forget the actors, they'll be fine.  It's everyone else from lighting to continuity to food services to grips and costumers etc. who will be adversely effected.  There are tons of below the line people and adjunct local small businesses who earn their living by working on this or any other series, and they are the ones who will feel the real financial hit from this.  

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Morksmate said:

If it happens that Season 6 never airs, which is a distinct possibility at this point...I'm actually okay with that.  My initial thought when I heard this was "Oh no, we'll never know what happened." However, season 5 ended in a way that the trajectory of the show is fairly clear and while we might not ever know what exactly happens, I think we can all surmise the same outcome.

Now, if this had happened after season 4, I would be singing a different tune.

The irony is, people have known for years that Spacey is a bit of a freak in real life, and his character Frank Underwood is a real freak (and I've always suspected that some of Frank's fetishes were taken from or inspired by Spacey's own life).  Typical corporate CYA reaction when something becomes public that really doesn't surprise anyone.  I did want some closure, so I will be a bit disappointed if they don't at least wrap this up.  I agree that at least they ended season 5 with no cliffhanger and put forward in the last episode how things were going to proceed for Frank and Claire.

A show with Doug Stamper as the lead would be a disaster.  He is probably the most unlikable character on television, so making him the focus of a series is a mistake.  The role of this character has always been to create problems and conflict for other characters, but by himself is completely uninteresting.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

Do we really even need Spacey on the show anymore?   Frank Underwood could get murdered in the first episode and the rest of the season could be Claire’s rise to ultimate power.  Only to find out she had her husband murdered because he ultimately stood in her way.  The show could end with her either getting caught by doing something stupid/avoidable or falling into a trap Frank put into motion before he died or her getting away with everything and becoming the thing Frank always wanted to be but never could get a handle on.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

I have been waiting for the show to replicate the ending of the British one:

Spoiler

Mrs Underwood spent most of the last season plotting the death of her husband and ensuring her cushy post-public office life. She actually does it as a way to ensure Underwood's legacy. The US series Claire is much more ambitious but I really wanted to watch her orchestrate Frank's death without him knowing it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Athena said:

Hide contents

Mrs Underwood spent most of the last season plotting the death of her husband and ensuring her cushy post-public office life. She actually does it as a way to ensure Underwood's legacy. The US series Claire is much more ambitious but I really wanted to watch her orchestrate Frank's death without him knowing it.

Saw the British series and I completely agree with you in wishing for that ending.

3 hours ago, Athena said:

Reveal hidden contents

See that would be a perfect out for Netflix and they could actually do it Spacey minimally or not at all.  Kill him off screen and there you have it the rest of the season is a how you done it via Mrs Underwood. 

4 hours ago, jrlr said:

Forget the actors, they'll be fine.  It's everyone else from lighting to continuity to food services to grips and costumers etc. who will be adversely effected.  There are tons of below the line people and adjunct local small businesses who earn their living by working on this or any other series, and they are the ones who will feel the real financial hit from this.  

That is a good point.  My guess is that there are some provisions for situations somewhat like this in their union contracts that would help soften the hit.  As for the businesses, yeah...that is a problem, but I assume that they were able to stay afloat without HOC, so hopefully they can continue to do so.

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

See that would be a perfect out for Netflix and they could actually do it Spacey minimally or not at all.  Kill him off screen and there you have it the rest of the season is a how you done it via Mrs Underwood. 

That would be a great ending, but I think that they would probably have to do a fair amount of re-shooting to make it work at this point (I'm guessing...I don't know how far into filming they were when Netflix put a hold on everything).  At some point, Netflix is going to look at the bottom line and make a decision based, at least in part, on finances.

44 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

That is a good point.  My guess is that there are some provisions for situations somewhat like this in their union contracts that would help soften the hit.  As for the businesses, yeah...that is a problem, but I assume that they were able to stay afloat without HOC, so hopefully they can continue to do so.

I'm not sure about that.  I was in one of those IATSE unions for a long time, and even if you worked constantly on one show or at one studio  in a steady non-project job, union work was always week-to-week.  That may have changed, and it may not be true for a certain job level (like assistant director), but most below the line or crafts jobs really don't have any security attached to them.   I was at one studio for 20 years and got let go with a week's notice; I'm not bitching, since industry jobs are generally well paid and I thoroughly enjoyed my career - but there is always uncertainty.

19 hours ago, roughing it said:

This is what I read about a spinoff centering around Doug Stamper...

House of Cards spinoff

Yes I saw this article as well after it was mentioned on here about the possible spinoff. 

I wouldn't mind a spinoff with Claire and not Frank.  She could be a more interesting character as the single lead anyway. 

My guess is they stopped production for now to decide how to change the show to accommodate for this being the last season.  I would expect they have to rewrite a good portion of it. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

My guess is they stopped production for now to decide how to change the show to accommodate for this being the last season.  I would expect they have to rewrite a good portion of it. 

From what I've read, the decision to make this the last season was made some time ago.  It was only recently announced.

Edited by Morksmate
8 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

From what I've read, the decision to make this the last season was made some time ago.  It was only recently announced.

I've heard that rumor as well, just not sure I believe it. 

My guess is it was probably one of those things where "This is the last season.......unless they offer us all a boatload of money" situation. 

I do think believe S06 is the last season because the show's quality has declined. Six seasons for a standard non-streaming show is very good and Netflix is more willing to cancel shows now. HoC is not cheap either and Netflix has other shows to develop and continue.  

Production has most likely stopped due to rewriting and how to plan next steps. It's unlikely they'll want Spacey back on set much if at all given what has happened. 

Eight people from the HOC have now come forward with stories of harassment or assault. He's done!

(was trying to post a link but couldn't figure out how to rename the links here)

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 1