Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I know Im a few dollars late to the party, but I just now pulled myself together from laughing so hard! Those morphed pictures were hysterical enough Cody was killing me cracking up at the pics. And then the rat fiasco LOLOLOLO just about lost it for sure

Somebody over at another forum heard the reason Christine got booed was her behavior with Cody, not any of the other nasty crap she did, so I am starting to think. Frankie is going to get applauded, he will never be brought down a few pegs.

I think Frankie's going to get booed, and he won't be able to explain it away as being because he's flirting with married people. I'm sure it will be because America's just not ready for Frankie J. Grande.

• Love 2

Somebody over at another forum heard the reason Christine got booed was her behavior with Cody, not any of the other nasty crap she did, so I am starting to think. Frankie is going to get applauded, he will never be brought down a few pegs. Ayran was totally protected from horrible audience reaction because the studio was filled with CBS people. I did read she got plenty of boos anyway, but good Lord, never enough as far as I heard, and nothing like Christine. Last night on BBAD (and I could only stand so much of the Frankie show), these houseguests were really coming off as paranoid, appolazizing ahead of time for things they might of said to offend anyone, or anything. That Christine booing really got to these guys.

I have to agree with this. There are a lot of viewers who just watch like Frankie. You can tell by the numerous talking heads during the show. If he was hated across the boards, then he wouldn't be on my screen nearly as much.

Both Christine and Aaryn were vile but Christine didn't deserve the boos. I'm not condoning Christine's behavior but I find the racists comments and the bullying much worse. It's sad that our society gave Aaryn more of a pass than Christine.

Frankie will not get booed.

I think I'd like to see a Frankie and Derrick F2 just because they are the two best players and just to see what they say to the jury.

• Love 2

Regarding the question about President Obama's speech affecting tonight's programming: Big Brother is on from 8-9 (eastern), all 9:00 and after shows start 15 minutes late. Hell's Kitchen is on from 8-10:15 (I presume they will break in at 9 and then just continue)

Seriously, this is the most hilarious thing on the board today, IMO. (Not laughing at you duskyliterati, thanks for the info!). No way it's gonna just be 15 minutes! The man is gonna be late and the talking newsheads have to do analysis afterwards. I don't know how Hell's Kitchen is going to be handled unless the "speech" is only on the news channels.

As for BB, none of the remaining HG are going to be mad at Derrick if he makes F2, even if he's a vote to evict them. He's primed them for weeks with the impending "we can't all make F2, so we will have to vote out one (or more) of our own". Knowing this group, they will be proud to have been evicted by Derrick, cuz he's such a good, straight up guy!!

Edited by Txfeenix
  • Love 1

Frankie won't get booed. It's not going to happen. CBS and Grodner will make sure of that.

The phrase "with that being said" has been used on this show for at least 10 years. It was probably something that the DR told the HGs to say as a way of ending the nomination and PoV ceremonies. I think Derrick is just continuing the tradition a bit further.

• Love 1

I think if Frankie came out last week instead of Christine he would of been booed as well. I think now they will try and control it. Regardless of who is coming out. I don't think they were expecting that. While I thought that Christine's boos were a little ridiculous and a bit loud esp since Aaryns were not anywhere close to that last year. I do hope Frankie gets a bit booed, yeah he has been awesome in comps and I'll give him that. But He is not a good person by any means. He had said far far far worse things then Christine ever did. And she was pretty mean about people as well. And I hope people let him know that. At least a little bit.

I also think that the only person left that would be booed is Frankie. And maybe maybe Cody in regards to the Christine thing. But that's a big maybe. Everyone else is fine.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3

Is the dog still there? I feel really sorry for the poor thing. It must be terribly confused, wondering where its owner is, and being in a strange "house" with a bunch of strangers. Even if they're treating the dog well, I just can't imagine telling a TV show "Here! Have my dog for a day!" Poor thing would be freaked to death.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2

Last time Frankie was on the verge of being booted, Ariana was in the audience.  I doubt she'll be back.

Christine was boo'ed for more than the Cody incidents, she was also booed for stabbing Nicole in the back, for laughing at Frankie's rape joke about Victoria, for disrespecting Donny by handing the bone over in that one competition, as well as other incidents.

If Frankie got the same edit as Christine, he'd be booed for sure.

• Love 2

Nicole's mom and Victoria's mom were on blogtalkradio. Nicole's mom is so scared Nicole is going to vote for Derrick to win. Her mom hates Derrick.

That is fascinating to me.  I don't disagree, but I'm surprised that she dislikes him more than Frankie who was flat out cruel to her daughter a few times.  Did she elaborate on why?  Was it gameplay related or the way that Derrick treated Nicole specifically?

Is the dog still there? I feel really sorry for the poor thing. It must be terribly confused, wondering where its owner is, and being in a strange "house" with a bunch of strangers. Even if they're treating the dog well, I just can't imagine telling a TV show "Here! Have my dog for a day!" Poor thing would be freaked to death.

No, the dog left the house before BBAD last night.  Truthfully, she looked pretty happy and comfortable in the house.  I'm pretty sure that my dog, nervous wreck that she can be, would even be happy in a house where she was getting a ton of attention and handfuls of (a pre-measured allotment of) dog treats, lol.

The phrase "with that being said" has been used on this show for at least 10 years. It was probably something that the DR told the HGs to say as a way of ending the nomination and PoV ceremonies. I think Derrick is just continuing the tradition a bit further.

Every time I'm tempted to use that phrase to avoid commitment to a particular opinion or position (hello, Derrick!), I think of this scene from "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  And then I don't use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHVQ2gslp8

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Love 6

No, Izzy only visited for a few hours.

I think Frankie's going to get booed, and he won't be able to explain it away as being because he's flirting with married people. I'm sure it will be because America's just not ready for Frankie J. Grande.

Maybe Derrick can convince Frankie that Antarctica IS ready for Frankie J. Grande. 

• Love 9
I'm all for anyone but Frankie for the win.  I just want to see his ego deflated by not only losing, but by seeing how disliked he is.  If he does win, he'll probably be just like Andy; all over Twitter trying to convince everyone on a daily basis just how awesome he is.  Ugg!

This is exactly where I'm at. Last year, I had a feeling at this point that Andy would win, and unfortunately, I have the same feeling this time around. I'm still praying that Victoria will take him out.

As for boos, I used to think CBS disliked booing, but I really don't think so anymore. Viewers responded really well to watching terrible people get booed last season, and when Christine got booed they even aired some comments about it on the show and they know everyone was talking about it. I don't really think they're going to discourage booing, UNLESS it's for Frankie. They may be over him, but they're not going to let him get booed.

Edited by Xazeal

If it was a TV dog, it might be used to working on set, and wouldn't have been stressed by this at all.

• Love 2

I felt  Aaryn's treatment of Candace was disgusting and so were her comments. But it has always bothered me that Spencer and Amanda don't get half the hate for their comments. The fact that BB15 house guests would defend Spencer after the finale really annoyed me. Kudos to Howard who refused to talk to him because he was disgusted by his comments. I do feel like Gina Marie has received the Aaryn treatment.  I haven't watched the feeds/After Dark very much recently because the season is boring. But when I have and past house guests names have come up besides maybe Frankie I am happy that they have all said some nice things and aren't completely bashing them like last year's. Also, it really shows Judd/Gina Marie/Spencer/Andy excuse we had nothing to do and were just letting some steam off is really BS since this season is longer than last years. Now that I said that I am sure someone is going to say that they have been bashing the evicted house guests.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 3

I don't think anyone will be booed  from now on. It was DE and production didn't know who the second evicted housguest would be.  Random thought: Has any one ever brought up Frankie's background the fact he comes from a pretty well off family? (Not including Ariana) I know it was brought up the second episode with Zach.

If it was a TV dog, it might be used to working on set, and wouldn't have been stressed by this at all.

I think they got the dog from central casting.  She was clearly at home being around a bunch of people she did not know.  They wanted her visit to be a success; a random pet is an unknown.  

Do we know if Frankie is really planning to use this money (should he win) for his charity? I always thought he just threw that out there because he wanted the houseguests to feel like he might deserve it more, like poor Zach. The fact that there haven't been any DR clips of him claiming otherwise makes me believe that he really is using it for charity or that he's just aware of how it would look if he admitted that he was lying.

I don't think they love boos if they warn the audience not to do it. I bet they will have ringers in the audience from now on to stop them.

I think that is a way to keep it down to a reasonable amount.  If they allowed it, things go way over the top.  And they want to go on record saying they don't condone it because it is a reputation thing for CBS.  

• Love 1

No way is he using ALL that money for Charity. He will use some of it maybe. But he was saying that if he gets another 5 or 10 grand for TA he can build 2 schools. It kinda sounds like that was enough. So I doubt it.

Edited by SiobhanJW

Ariana is the musical guest on the premiere of "Saturday Night Live" on September 27th.  It's their 40th season!  I was hoping it would be the week before so Frankie couldn't go along with her.  Chris Pratt is the host, if anybody is interested.

After the Jeff and Jordan visit, Caleb talked a bit about how happy he was there was a dog he could pet. Said it had been a long time since he'd been able to do so. I'm sure he'll spend quite a bit of time with it.  Hope the dog is super mellow.

That makes me sad for Caleb.  I guess it's just a sweet thing to say.  He was wiping his eyes when Izzy was first introduced into the house.  

Before this season started I was totally anti-Caleb because of the video of him beating a hog to death with a stick.  No, I didn't even try to find it and wouldn't have watched it even it if mysteriously appeared on my screen.  But after watching him all season he's grown on me and I can't believe I'm saying this, but ..... CALEB FOR THE WIN!!!  (did I just say that?)

"Tue 9:04 PM BBT Cody says he had to tell Britney to stop saying the "R" word because its offensive. He told her to stop saying something else but he didn't say what it was. Derrick goes back up to the HoH room and tells them that its 12:01 and TVGN is on. They are glad that the convo that they all just had was not on TVGN."

Cody just went up a few points in my book

Except that it was on TVGN because I saw it.  When Derrick announced the time, they all quickly changed the subject and it was all, "Hi TVGN!  We love you TVGN!" and other such crap.  I wanted to hear more!

Does anyone think there will  be some angry people when Derrick is revealed as a cop?  He did say to Frankie when his big news came out about Ari that they were all being truthful about their lives.  

Just curious.

Oh yeah.  I've thought from the very beginning that there will be some stabbiness when they find out. Especially when Frankie revealed who his sister is and Derrick was all about everybody being truthful about who they really are.  Yep, I hope he reveals it on the show and not afterwards so I can see it.  I don't have the feeds so I won't be able to watch the after party.  Is that even on the live feeds?

I'm also curious how the other hamsters will react when they find out about Team America.  Last night Caleb was still looking for the rat. 

• Love 1

They are totally going to expose the fact that he is a cop on the finale. Wether he does it in his Finale Speech (if he makes it that far). Or after eh wins. If he doesn't end up making it to the final 2, I'm sure they will make him not tell anyone so that they can reveal it at the finale.

I have a question that may have an obvious answer, but I honestly don't know it.

It's been established as fact that Frankie is the darling of AG and production.  But why?  What is it about him that makes him their favorite?

Oh, I have another question.  What is that concoction that Victoria eats every night?  She puts stuff in a bowl and stirs, stirs, stirs then eats it with a spoon.

Do any of these people wash their hands before they prepare food?  If I was in that house, I'd be skin & bones.

• Love 2

Last year it was a witch hunt to find TA, this season they have forgotten all about it.  We didn't hear anyone talk about it.  I doubt anyone will care except Cody for the rat incident.  Seriously the best part of this season.  So cute! 

I can hear Julie now as she announces, to the final 2, that Donny is, indeed a grounds keeper.  For the benefit of the entire cast, she will have a cute way to ask Derrick if he has a secret. .I don't anticipate much anger but they will have a good reaction.  Flashes of anger mixed with laughter and surprise.

slasherboy, He is good for drama, especially in this full season. Many think Frankie is the darling of AG but no one really knows.  He has been getting some special attention.  She could be saying, "lets see if we can get this little prick to to embarrass himself more."

Edited by wings707

From Jokers:

Victoria continues to go over her speech again and again by herself. Loves her family, you betrayed me, best of luck, etc. NT

So it looks like Victoria is actually going to go along with this whole "I HATE DERRICK HE BETRAYED ME" nonsense, even in her speech tonight.

I'm starting to think that Caleb is one of those people who feel things very deeply, and has no emotional brakes to stop from plunging 100% into whatever he whims.  Hence the scary obsession with Amber.  Sure the kissing her in her sleep was a bit creepy, as was wearing her clothing around his neck and stealing her bunny slippers, but I wonder if Izzy had been in the house from the beginning if Caleb would take to sharing the dogbed and wearing the leash around his neck in the same manner.

I've come around to think he's sweet.  A bit dim, but sweet.  And funny.  Without a doubt, he is warmhearted, and he genuinely seems to want to help those who need help.  He goes over the top, but like others have said, I think he's just storytelling, not actually believing.  Except...sometimes...I do wonder.  Maybe it is the isolation of the house, it allows for extra obsessiveness on the part of folks already predispositioned for obsessiveness.

• Love 1

One thing that I hadn't thought of until a few days ago was that it doesn't seem like there has been a lot of drug talk this season, (although I don't really watch the feeds, so I don't know - but there certainly hasn't been any mention of it on the boards) or really any talk about illegal activity. There have been past seasons where there have been hardcore stoners or people talking about cocaine use and things like that...but for whatever reason, maybe it's just this cast, it hasn't gone on.

I think the reveal about Derrick being a cop would be totally different if the houseguests had spent their summer revealing things about themselves that they would not have knowing that there was a police officer there. But all in all, this is a pretty clean cast, they are aware of the cameras and the viewers, and there hasn't been nearly the usual amount of questionable conversations than on past seasons.

• Love 1

I just watched the stuff with Derrick setting Victoria up to pull off his "Dan's Funeral" moment and it was just... lame. From what I've read on the feed updates, I guess it may work, but, to me, that would just be yet another example of how dumb these hamsters are. Apart from the effectiveness of Derrick's Big Move, it comes off to me as another example of how weaselly his game is. He's basically hidden behind dumb human shields throughout the game and now he's using Vic, arguably the dumbest and most easily manipulated of them all, to secure his spot in the final 2. He's developed his relationship with Vic to the point where she is willing to throw her game away to help him by playing on her emotional neediness and naivete, but it's not really "impressive" to me. Victoria would be an easy mark for any man who presented himself as her friend, confidante, and protector in this situation. Good on him for recognizing that and using it to his advantage in the game, but it's hardly an impressive feat and it's kind of sleazy. Derrick has played a very safe and very cowardly game. He's made his allies such as Victoria take all the hits and all the risks while he keeps himself 100% safe 100% of the time. Yes, that's good strategy to win the game, but it's not particularly admirable or rootable. Truth be told, Victoria has been braver and has withstood more adversity than Derrick has throughout the game. Whenever Derrick has the slightest hint of a setback he loses his shit, talks nastily about the person he thinks is threatening him, and takes extreme measures to make sure that he's not at any risk at all.

One interesting thing that I noticed about all of the activity surrounding Derrick's Dan's Funeral Moment-gate is that Frankie actually gave Victoria better, fairer, and kinder advice than Derrick when she talked to him about what she should do. Frankie told her that she might as well try to stay and she had every right to do so and gave her some vague, but reasonable, suggestions about how to frame her pitch. When she said she's not the type of person to give up without a fight and that she wouldn't want to regret not having tried her best to stay he responded to her humanely and said that of course all of that made sense and she should do what she could to stay. When she talked to Derrick, he was 100% focused on using her to help his game. He told her that she could campaign if she wanted to, but it would make her look stupid (obviously, he didn't use those words) and that it would be "classy" to just accept defeat and focus her energies on helping Derrick win rather than saving herself. That's good gameplay, but it's problematic when Frankie comes off as a better human being than you.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 10

Even a TV dog is used to having its trainer there with him/her. That said, it's possible the dog is so well socialized he's happy around just about anyone. I can't help projecting my own feelings into the situation, being a dog owner myself. Plus I'd feel sorry for anyone forced to spend time with these bozos. The poor dog didn't volunteer to go on Big Brother.

Can someone explain to me why most cops on competitive reality TV shows feel like its an imperative that they hide their profession?

Someone always feels it's necessary to hide their profession. Who was the girl who hid that she was a nurse, like she thought that would intimidate people? I'm not sure your typical BB houseguest is bright enough to perceive a police officer as having any kind of advantage in the game, especially if Derrick played it down like he was just a rookie cop (vs. an undercover detective). Sometimes it strikes me as egoism, like "I'm so important/clever/successful, these people mustn't know what I do or I'll be a target!!"

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2

I can hear Julie now as she announces, to the final 2, that Donny is, indeed a grounds keeper.  For the benefit of the entire cast, she will have a cute way to ask Derrick if he has a secret. .I don't anticipate much anger but they will have a good reaction.  Flashes of anger mixed with laughter and surprise.

After the final vote but before the non-sequestered Evictees join the fray, I'm expecting something along the lines of:

Julie: Well, Houseguests, we've had one reveal of a very big secret in the House this season - Frankie's revelation that his sister is the famous recording star Ariana Grande.

<scattered applause while Frankie takes a bow - again - for his incredible ingenuity in being related to his half-sister>

Julie: Yes. Well, how many of you think there was ANOTHER big secret in the House this year? Raise your hands if you do....

<strong showing of hands>

Julie: My, that looks pretty much unanimous. Ok, then - if any houseguest has a big secret you'd like to get off your chest, please stand now and tell us about it.

<A pause for a couple of seconds or so during which all eyes go to Donny... Until Derrick slowly stands....>

slasherboy, He is good for drama, especially in this full season. Many think Frankie is the darling of AG but no one really knows.  He has been getting some special attention.  She could be saying, "lets see if we can get this little prick to to embarrass himself more."

Also: you may have forgotten, but Frankie has a moderately famous sister. I think Frankie may have referred to her a time or two on the show.* I believe TPTB hoped Frankie's inclusion might bring hordes of Ariana Grande fans to inflate BB's viewership numbers and (by extension) its ratings, but that wish never came true; BB's rating numbers have shown no significant deviation from ratings of the last few seasons.

* And yes that's sarcasm, not irony.

• Love 4

Can someone explain to me why most cops on competitive reality TV shows feel like its an imperative that they hide their profession?

My guess is that people have preconceived notions on how cops behave. Especially with him being an undercover cop he knows how to manipulate people and make them do what he wants. That is what they are trained to do. If I was in the house and Derrick told me that he was an undercover cop I wouldn't trust anything he was saying because he has been trained to fit in and become one, manipulate people and get them to confide in them and tell them info all without them really knowing what the hell is going on (which is pretty much what he had done all season). And considering this is a game of course he is going to use that. If I met him in the outside world my mind wouldn't go there at all. I have several friends who are cops and a few of them have done undercover work and they are some of the best people I know.

If he told them he was a undercover cop he would of been out within the first few weeks.

I think if there was a lawyer in the house they would lie about that too. Some People have preconceived notions that all Laywers are liars.

Derrick picked a "profession" that is non threatening.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3

Izzy is like most dogs I know.  They love anyone who will play with them and give them attention.  I'm sure she enjoyed her visit to the BB house.

I had someone near and dear to me who was much like Caleb when it came to embellishing and telling stories.  If you did something, they did it better.  There wasn't much they weren't an expert at.  However, this person was a kind and loving person whose stories never hurt anyone, so we all overlooked it.  That's how I feel about Caleb; he doesn't try to hurt people with his stories so I don't hold that against him.  Although I find him highly entertaining, I will never condone his behavior regarding Amber.

• Love 3

Of course Frankie's winnings will go to charity.  Well, after he buys a new 3-piece set of Tumi luggage, Dolce & Gabanna and Versace skinny jeans, and charters a plane to Africa, so he doesn't have to deal with those horrible, horrible Delta employees.  And, you know, fat people.  And, um,  "Jews".  

Oh, and he'll probably need to need to renew his Disney World season pass.  Oh, wait~  he likely gets in free.  Because he's Frankie J. Grande, damn it. 

• Love 8

I call BS.  I don't think tattoos bleed like that.  I doubt its permanent.

When tattoos are fresh they can look like that.  My eyeliner had crumbs of ink that came off in a day or so.   It could be real.  Not saying that it is but it could be.  .My eyes were not red or swollen, just slightly puffy. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I don't have the feeds so I won't be able to watch the after party.  Is that even on the live feeds?

They show the backyard interviews that are basically immediately after the finale on the feeds. And one time I'm pretty sure they had a party on there, but I don't think they even do the after party anymore. At least they didn't last year.

It's been established as fact that Frankie is the darling of AG and production.  But why?  What is it about him that makes him their favorite?

I think initially they thought Frankie was gonna bring in new viewers. That he was a star, a get for them. I don't think it really panned out how they thought though which is why they stopped giving him good edits.

Last year it was a witch hunt to find TA, this season they have forgotten all about it.  We didn't hear anyone talk about it.  

Last season they all knew about MVP and this season they don't know about TA. I am still surprised though that no one ever wondered about there being an America's Player. They seem to get a bit crazy about that every season. Although they did get crazy about Zach being the Saboteur for a bit.

That's good gameplay, but it's problematic when Frankie comes off as a better human being than you.

LOL really though. That's just embarrassing!

Going back to the debate on whether Frankie will get boos and Victoria's Mom hates him.

I wonder if Victoria's family will go to the finale and given their tendency to call people out on TMZ, will CBS put guards on them.  Maybe we can count on Victoria's Mom to raise a ruckus.

Upon seeing a cop, I experience an adrenaline rush, even if he is just getting a cup of coffee.  I automatically act guilty and then proceed to cover up looking guilty by babbling, bringing more attention to myself.  I become clumsy and twitch as I fake text to look cool.  THIS is why Derrick chose to keep his profession a secret.  People can react strangely.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

That and, as Tony or Survivor said, sometimes people just don't like cops. They don't trust them. It's kind of a catch-22 for a cop in these games, I think. It's probably better not to tell the truth, but if it were to come out it's probably gonna be way worse than if you had been honest from the get-go.

Maybe we can count on Victoria's Mom to raise a ruckus.

I hope Victroria's mom goes around to any and every news outlet/blogger/whatever to tell people how terrible Frankie is. I think the post season might be interesting. These people's families are way too invested this season and it might get messy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1