Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Yeah...TAFY task blows chunks, and I am voting against it - because it's the closest thing I can do to send a message to Grodner and Co., and Frankie, that he sucks large quantities of dead penguin dicks.  For reals, Frankie - you are NOT all that and a bag of chips!

• Love 1

How are they not stopping this (the yelling over the fence)? Why hasn't it happened before this season? I'm suspicious. 

Also, if they change the task now, how are they going to explain it to the rest of them that don't know about TAFY? I think we're destined to see a Frankie delusions-of-grandeur production. Sigh...

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 2

Also, if they change the task now, how are they going to explain it to the rest of them that don't know about TAFY?

They could always still do the stupid play. TA would just call something else their task and have America vote on that instead.

• Love 1

How are they not stopping this? Why hasn't it happened before? I'm suspicious. 

Also, if they change the task now, how are they going to explain it to the rest of them that don't know about TAFY? I think we're destined to see a Frankie delusions-of-grandeur production. Sigh...

This is ONLY a guess...but it HAS to be someone who either works/lives next to the studio.

Big-Brother-House.jpg

It seems like houses on the other side of the drainage ditch: Not sure what the large building to the right of the red circle is...but otherwise, looks residential.  Wouldn't surprise me if one of the property owners either is/is friends with the yellers.

Otherwise, the lot is gated and restricted access - so if it's an employee from one of the other shows, they could easily have a reason to be there...and go relatively undetected.

But otherwise, someone is going full ninja to be doing it that often, and the only way it looks like they are getting close is via the culvert.

• Love 2

Re: Frankie and his antics. 

I do not consider myself homophobic and I am of the belief that people are free to make their own life choices.  But that doesn't mean I want another guy touching/rubbing/kissing me in suggestive ways.  The same goes for the whole faux-69 thing him & Caleb did and Frankie shoved his crotch in Caleb's face.  That's just...  No.  That will get you bodily thrown away from myself and then a donkey punch if a dude tried that with me.

• Love 2
But otherwise, someone is going full ninja to be doing it that often, and the only way it looks like they are getting close is via the culvert.

And it's not like they can stop people from walking along the culvert with a megaphone -- it's part of the Los Angeles river system.

Re: Frankie and his antics. 

I do not consider myself homophobic and I am of the belief that people are free to make their own life choices are part of free will, which everyone has.  But that doesn't mean I want another guy touching/rubbing/kissing me in suggestive ways.  The same goes for the whole faux-69 thing him & Caleb did and Frankie shoved his crotch in Caleb's face.  That's just...  No.  That will get you bodily thrown away from myself and then a donkey punch if a dude tried that with me.

Sexual orientation aside, I do not want ANYONE touching me without my permission, or in ways I did not invite.  Man or woman.  I do think it's interesting, though, that this group of men is taking it fairly well.  Us lady-folk deal with men feeling like our bodies are public property pretty frequently, and it's not often it happens to men.  I've  been pretty surprised that the guys haven't had more of an issue with it.  Because I know that I absolutely hate when it happens to me.  Maybe it's because they don't see Frankie as any sort of threat to them, whereas I (and many women) sometimes do feel threatened by men's unwelcome touches?  Just spitballing here, sort of keyboard-rambling. 

• Love 6

This is ONLY a guess...but it HAS to be someone who either works/lives next to the studio.

Big-Brother-House.jpg

It seems like houses on the other side of the drainage ditch: Not sure what the large building to the right of the red circle is...but otherwise, looks residential. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the property owners either is/is friends with the yellers.

Otherwise, the lot is gated and restricted access - so if it's an employee from one of the other shows, they could easily have a reason to be there...and go relatively undetected.

I think there's a certain degree of scale missing in this image. That "drainage ditch" is part of the Los Angeles River. :)

ETA: Aren't the LA cops real sticklers about folks going into the river system?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

And it's not like they can stop people from walking along the culvert with a megaphone -- it's part of the Los Angeles river system.

Yeah - unless they are keeping some lowlevel production assistant outside to 'patrol'...they are kinda SOL.  And it always sounds...if I'm getting the orientation right, that it's coming from the culvert side.  (The wall facing the culvert seems to be the side the pool table is on.)

I haven't been on the lot in quite a few years but I think the big building is sound stages. The small ones may be dressing rooms or offices/bungalows. This looks like where the house was the first season, not where it was after that. I guess they moved it again.

It's probably too far to hear someone from the other side of the river basin. Although that first season people were shooting candy over the walls. I'm guessing it's got to be someone with official access to the lot-- although for them to be there on a Sunday would really narrow it down. Aside from Big Brother staff and security there can't be too many people on there.

Production must be going nuts.

Edited by Cramps

How obnoxious of whoever did it to try to ruin someone's game. I have my favorites and least favorites, but come on. At first Caleb was playing it off as if it was the cops with a bullhorn but then went to Derrick and said the guy on the outside said Frankie is the saboteur. I'm not sure what production can do about it -- I'm sure they'll tell Caleb and Cody to not repeat it but if they stop a move against Frankie because of it, I'll be pissed (I know Cody's DR about possibly targeting Frankie or Christine instead of Donny is likely just BS or what he had in mind before talking to Derrick but I like to hold onto false hopes sometimes). I would imagine the guy was one of Zach's fans. Some of them are out of control. I saw a tweet from one fan to Zach's mother saying he was starting something on GoFundMe to raise  money for Zach to buy a Prius. To her credit, Zach's mom said she didn't approve and wanted no part of it.

That picture is precisely to scale. The "Los Angeles River" is actually a cement ditch. (I used to live in Studio City) anyone could walk up the ditch and yell. It's just to catch rainwater - in the summer it's dry.

The actual river is generally not accessible to the public for safety reason.  You occasionally get Terminators driving 18-wheelers through it or T-Birds having drag-races in it.  Oh, and it usually has debris and is prone to flash-flooding if there's a storm.  But in most places, access is restricted by only a chain-link fence (if at all), so it's pretty easy to get down there if you're determined.  The cops will definitely nab you if they find you down there, but it's a big city and there's only so many cops.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 4

Yes, it's usually so dry that it's used for filming locations. I think that the car race in Grease and Schwarzenegger riding his motorcycle in Terminator Two were both filmed there. 

eta: Jinx!

Edited by Mystery

Will this season be remembered as "the Season that America won.... once the game was finally over"???

This is my first full season of BB, but I can't imagine it'd still be around if many of the other seasons were as boring and predictable as this one.

I've only truly rooted for one person all season, that of course being Donny. 

[* On a shallow note, I really liked Brittany, but that's not important]

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Yes, it's usually so dry that it's used for filming locations. I think that the car race in Grease and Schwarzenegger riding his motorcycle in Terminator Two were both filmed there. 

eta: Jinx!

Don't forget Gone in 60 Seconds! :)

Jokers 08/24/14 08:40 PM

Victoria did Frankie's makeup for the play they are putting on. Derrick came in and said no one wants to do it. (The Play) 

Unfortunately, that just means Attention Whore, err, I mean Frankie, would do it all himself;  put on a 1-Man-Play.  He's egotistical and stupid enough to.

• Love 1

Hopefully Frankie pushing to do the play reinforces this saboteur idea in Caleb and Cody's heads. We shall see.

Here's my thing regarding outside influence on the game: I'm fucking bored and Frankie in particular has earned the ire of these random outbursts because he's acted like an asshole while being in the house. He's said things about Nicole, Zach, and others that have gone beyond the game, so screw him. I hope Frankie gets put up and leaves because someone out there hates him that much. He's earned it.

• Love 3

I missed the beginning, but it seems to be impressions of the voted out houseguests rather than a play. So far I've seen:

Donny as Devin (cute)

Nicole as Brittany (cute)

Christine as Poa Poa (dumb and insulting)

Cody as Zach (okay)

Caleb as Hayden (Bizarre and then okay)

Now Derrick is doing Jocasta.

It was okay, kinda dumb.

I guess I missed Frankie doing Joey, for which I am thankful.

Overall it was uncomfortable with a few cute moments.

Edited by TexasChic

Now Frankie is doing a character called 'Consuela'. It's dumb and uncomfortable. Everyone looks like they're falling asleep.

Looks like I missed Victoria doing Amber as well.

Now Caleb is doing an impression of a black dude? These are starting to get disturbingly racist.

Ugh, I'm done.

• Love 1

Caleb is unbearable doing whatever he's doing. Yikes. I've got the sound off and just watching the other HGs reactions.

Wow, just listened to Caleb a little bit.

If they run any of this on Wednesday's show the announcer on the promo for it could say "Just when you thought it couldn't get any more racist than BB15..."

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4

Frankie will be financially secure, I have no doubt.  That is not what he is going for here.

When I get annoyed at Frankie, I remember his sister is on a national awards show, the VMAs.  While I'm not quite sure what that awards, I know lots of big time folks are there.  And then I remember that Frankie is in the BB house, working oh, so hard to be relevant. And there is no where else he'd rather be than at the awards with his sister.  And yet, he is stuck trying to find his fame in a house with a few reality show stars.  That is his fate, and he's not even the most entertaining among them. 

Frankie is imitating Joey while his sister is mingling with Beyonce and others.  This destroys him. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 14

Frankie's Joey was actually a little better than I was expecting - at least he had her facial expressions down pretty good.

Donny's Devin was funny - and no, I'm NOT just saying that because he's my guy. I think even the other HGs were tripping. Had Devin's face tics and expressions down pat.

Nicole's Brittany - the pillow was overkill, but the lotion bit was cute.

Christine's interpretation of Paola consisted of little more than making various duck faces and trying to find new and varied positions in which to spread her legs. Fail.

Cody's Zach started out good, but faded quick. At least he did get the gator chomp in.

Apparently TVGen's commercial stepped on Victoria's impression of Amber, so there is a God and S/He loves us.

Caleb's Hayden was... what the hell was that?

Derrick's Jocasta was pretty good - the ice packs were a great touch. To truly complete the impression, though, he needed a puke bucket within reach.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

Frankie wearing makeup (and, taking it off) was enough for me to turn on QVC. I have hit rock bottom. Frankie, I just can't.

Yeah... I heard the first few words of his intro to the BB "HEY GUYS LETS PUT ON A PLAY!" show, and my hand hit the mute button of its own volition in an instinctive act of self-preservation. What the HELL was he doing, trying to channel Gloria Swanson??? Gawd.

Frankie's complimenting Caleb on his superlative acting skills in the what-passed-for-a-play. Whutdafuk.

Production better hope Caleb doesn't fart - with the amount of smoke Frankie's blowing up Caleb's ass, every camera shot in the House would be blocked by the fog.

• Love 2

Unbearable. Just unbearable to watch. I said it before earlier in the season, but now it is even more apparent that without CONFLICT in verbal altercations (fights)... the show is just a slow boring game of human dominoes marching to finale night. 

I think Derrick will manipulate this game so that he sits on finale night with Victoria. And honestly, as much as I dislike him.... if he manages to do that, he does deserve to win. 

I like Donny the most, but liking a HG I have to realize is not enough to deserve to win this game. Donny had some strong gameplay by winning difficult competitions and his head is screwed on right, but he just was not manipulative enough. 

• Love 1

Is it wrong if I'm really enjoying Christine having to watch Nicole rub all over Cody?  If it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Did I miss something?  Why are Caleb, Derrick, and Frankie cleaning the kitchen, REALLY cleaning, but not speaking at all?  

OH MY GOD.  Christine is now talking about how weird it was when Victoria touched Derrick.  She said it was almost sexual, and seemed so awkward for them to be touching like that.  Talk about lack of self awareness!!  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

Is it wrong if I'm really enjoying Christine having to watch Nicole rub all over Cody? If it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Did I miss something? Why are Caleb, Derrick, and Frankie cleaning the kitchen, REALLY cleaning, but not speaking at all?

OH MY GOD. Christine is now talking about how weird it was when Victoria touched Derrick. She said it was almost sexual, and seemed so awkward for them to be touching like that. Talk about lack of self awareness!!

Umm does she remember that there was a Zing about her and Cody?!? These people blow my mind.

• Love 1

Is it wrong if I'm really enjoying Christine having to watch Nicole rub all over Cody?  If it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Did I miss something?  Why are Caleb, Derrick, and Frankie cleaning the kitchen, REALLY cleaning, but not speaking at all?  

OH MY GOD.  Christine is now talking about how weird it was when Victoria touched Derrick.  She said it was almost sexual, and seemed so awkward for them to be touching like that.  Talk about lack of self awareness!!  

She will have to give Victoria a crash course in "How to Touch a Man, Who's Not Your Spouse, in Ways That Appear Wrong but Really Aren't (in your own deluded mind) 101".

• Love 10

If Nicole wanted to start some fireworks, she'd flirtaciously ask Cody if she could sleep in the HOH room "tonight". 

Christine would literally put the knife in Nicole's back this time, like as in actually murder her.

Perhaps because it is not a "task"?  Just spitballing here.

pennben, I'm seriously wondering if this was ever a Team America mission at all but a hail mary Donny through out there to keep himself in the game.   I can't find anything on the CBS site about it - although alot of unofficial BB sites are repeating it. 

• Love 1

Derrick and Caleb have been talking for a while about Dan and Dr. Will and BB strategy.  Derrick clearly is a fan and has been describing strategy in detail - I'm hoping that Derrick has over-talked, and maybe paranoid Caleb will realize that Derrick knows BB strategy too well and is a threat.  Caleb turning on Derrick could be fun to watch.

• Love 2

pennben, I'm seriously wondering if this was ever a Team America mission at all but a hail mary Donny through out there to keep himself in the game.   I can't find anything on the CBS site about it - although alot of unofficial BB sites are repeating it.

That wouldn't have been a bad idea at all, but... From Joker's:

Sun 5:51 PM BBT Derrick also saying that he told production they would probably win it because of Frankie and Arianna fans voting

Sun 5:50 PM BBT About 15mins ago Derrick and Frankie talking in kitchen about how production didnt seem impressed with their choice in task

...so apparently Derrick, at least, had checked it with Production.

• Love 1

I just watched the part where folks apparently yelled over the fence, but I could not make out what they said at all.  Mind you, I hope it was that Frankie is the saboteur or something else that will inject some conflict in to this season, but I'm just curious how anyone heard it.  And I think it's interesting that Cody and some other HGs were so pissed off about it.  In the past, didn't HGs think it was funny or at least interesting when people got a message through?  Cody's immediate reaction was "Fuck them".  Found it odd.