Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

PrincessPurrsALot

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story

Recommended Posts

Quote

Shantel's brother Carlton lives downstairs but she hardly ever sees him because at 600+ pounds each, neither can do the stairs safely.  Now to break free from a death spiral of codependent eating they need dr. Now's help to reforge their sibling relationship. 

It's a family affair
It's a family affair
It's a family affair
It's a family affair

One child grows up to be
Somebody that just loves to eat
And another child grows up to be
Somebody who loves to eat more too

Mom loves the both of them [or does she?]
You see, it's in the blood
Both kids are love their food
Blood's thicker than the mud

It's a family affair

Yes, it's a family affair with mass quantities of food. 

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date 2020.02.19. 

  • Love 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Carlton and Shantel and their relatives all stay in Houston.   I don't think living together in Columbus was a good idea.   I think they all were mired in their sad past, and couldn't get away from it in Columbus.  

  • Love 15

Share this post


Link to post

In the live chat, @Hellga said:

Quote

I wonder if anyone has tried deep-frying them!  If people can deep-fry candy and even ice cream, why not grapes?

https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/fried-grapes

fried-grapes-623182.jpg

 

@crazycatlady58 said 

Quote

I use the Calm app, they have different sleep stories. I do not care for the whisper one makes me think crazy man hiding under the bed. The other stories are great. Especially the ones by Eric Bras. Great voice.

I liked the one on lavender by Stephen Fry (except the first time I listened to it, I was actually trying to listen because I thought it was interesting, so it didn't quite work as intended). Combine with lavender linen spray. 🙂 (Now I'll have to open up the app and see if that one's still there.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hope Carlton and Shantel and their relatives all stay in Houston.   I don't think living together in Columbus was a good idea.   I think they all were mired in their sad past, and couldn't get away from it in Columbus.  

Same. They needed to get away from the trauma of their past.

  • Love 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it bad that when a poundicipant says,  "My legs hurt ", I want to ask: 

Where exactly? Can you point to the place( s)?

What kind of pain...sharp, dull, achey, throbbing, pin tricks, etc?

Can you slowly stretch out your leg.. while staying sitting?  Now pull it in.  There,  doesn't that feel better now? 

Do you EVER walk? Any stairs? 

Why the fuck not????

End of qs. Guess I wouldn't be a good medico. 

No patience for lazyass patients. 

  • Love 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanksgiving dinner.  The mother of all cheat days. 

Now they're praying ??????

No "Thank you, Jesus" for MickieD's???

 

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Doh! Boy am I slow on the uptake. Only just noticed with this episode that TLC is now following our poundticipants for only six months not twelve. I guess it's so they can jam as many new shows into each season as possible? In my defense, I spend the first hour bouncing between this show and The Masked Singer.

Anyway, more shows, more snark for us! 😊

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

Late to the live chat and watching from the beginning:

Michael has great straight, clean teeth (and I gather he didn't even have braces).

Which brings me to Monica who is coming over to meet him for the FIRST TIME in person and is bringing her bags to MOVE with him to Houston??  Let that marinate...

And her teeth, clean...not so much.  (one day I will get over my teeth issues...not so much)

There is someone for everyone, I guess.

And the farewell tour of food...(the name of my new rock band), while drinking orange drink? juice? about 3562 calories, right there, from a GALLON jug.

As I was typing, I missed the accident.  Now I have to go to live chat to see what the kerfuffle was all about because I couldn't sort if out in the aftermath. Ha!

Edited by umgoblue · Reason: Because i just had to add more...
  • Love 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Late to the live chat and watching from the beginning:

Michael has great straight, clean teeth (and I gather he didn't even have braces).

Which brings me to Monica who is coming over to meet him for the FIRST TIME in person and is bringing her bags to MOVE with him to Houston??  Let that marinate...

And her teeth, clean...not so much.  (one day I will get over my teeth issues...not so much)

There is someone for everyone, I guess.

ITA about Monica moving to Houston with essentially a stranger AND his family. I guess I'm old school; meeting on line okay, getting to know each other fine, making dramatic life changes like that with someone you just met in person, no bueno. I really do not believe that you really know who a person truly is--not just Mr. or Ms. Perfect on line--until you're around them for a while in person.

Tee hee, I'll have to pay closer attention to their teeth.

Edited to say: Carlton was definitely being a total ass and reaming out his brother-in-law after the love his life who he just met trashed his car and he wants HIM to not stress her out! Really?

Edited by DC Gal in VA · Reason: Additional comments.
  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

ITA about Monica moving to Houston with essentially a stranger AND his family. I guess I'm old school; meeting on line okay, getting to know each other fine, making dramatic life changes like that with someone you just met in person, no bueno. I really do not believe that you really know who a person truly is--not just Mr. or Ms. Perfect on line--until you're around them for a while in person.

Tee hee, I'll have to pay closer attention to their teeth. 😁

IKR...how are you shackin' up with a FAMILY that you just met in a location that is not your home?  Easy bait for serial killers.  Just sayin.  You don't know him or them.  But, I guess she can outrun them, if need be.

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Edited to say: Carlton was definitely being a total ass and reaming out his brother-in-law after the love his life who he just met trashed his car and he wants HIM to not stress her out! Really?

But Ah lurve her!! 😂

Okay friend, can you tell me what actually happened?

ETA: So it wasn't just me and my deficient attention span tonight.  No one seems to know what happened re: accident.  I feel so much better.

Edited by umgoblue · Reason: Because I answered my own question
  • Love 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

But Ah lurve her!! 😂

Okay friend, can you tell me what actually happened?

Well, Carlton's new main squeeze was driving his BIL's car and WHAM, BANG, POW she hit something, rendering the vehicle inoperable; looked like she not only flattened the driver side tire but also crushed the wheel well and some front end damage.

Never during his defense of his woman, where the most important thing seemed to be to calm HER down, did either of them mention who was going to pay for that shit. I have no idea what she hit and all his BIL said to her was that she need to drive more carefully.  Prince Charming became offended about how terribly he had spoken to her. Brutha puhleeeze!

  • Love 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Well, Carlton's new main squeeze was driving his BIL's car and WHAM, BANG, POW she hit something, rendering the vehicle inoperable; looked like she not only flattened the driver side tire but also crushed the wheel well and some front end damage.

Never during his defense of his woman, where the most important thing seemed to be to calm HER down, did either of them mention who was going to pay for that shit. I have no idea what she hit and all his BIL said to her was that she need to drive more carefully.  Prince Charming became offended about how terribly he had spoken to her. Brutha puhleeeze!

Best synopsis eva...

Given what I have seen in the house, I am going to go out on the limb and say that they may be under-insured.  That has to hurt.  But, a more important question is how the hell are you allowing someone that YOU JUST MET drive your car?!  I, too, am old fashioned and that shit wouldn't fly...maybe if it were a hooptie and you only had PLPD.  🤣😂

  • Love 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

S

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Best synopsis eva...

Given what I have seen in the house, I am going to go out on the limb and say that they may be under-insured.  That has to hurt.  But, a more important question is how the hell are you allowing someone that YOU JUST MET drive your car?!  I, too, am old fashioned and that shit wouldn't fly...maybe if it were a hooptie and you only had PLPD.  🤣😂

Thanks. ITA about letting her drive his very nice car (hee, guess it's a hooptie now!) but you raise an interesting issue: if she hadn't shown up, who would have driven the second car? Would they just try to squeeze all that meat into one vehicle? Inquiring minds......

Also, meaning no disrespect, but is Dr. Now's speech becoming more slurred/mumbly every week? It sounds like that to me. I hope he didn't have a mini-stroke or something else. He's my hero. 😍

  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

S

Thanks. ITA about letting her drive his very nice car (hee, guess it's a hooptie now!) but you raise an interesting issue: if she hadn't shown up, who would have driven the second car? Would they just try to squeeze all that meat into one vehicle? Inquiring minds......

Also, meaning no disrespect, but is Dr. Now's speech becoming more slurred/mumbly every week? It sounds like that to me. I hope he didn't have a mini-stroke or something else. He's my hero. 😍

Something has happened.  He is mumbling and it is causing me to read closed captions (go figure)!  I am too young for that crap, Dr. Now.  Shame on you.

Or maybe, just maybe, he is bored with the same damn script that he writes/reads every week and can't muster up any excitement or find his motivation this season?!

  • Love 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

@DC Gal in VA I am loving our own personal duo sister chat! 😆

You have me watching this again, while I could be watching another episode of Murder She Wrote...yeah, I said it.

I did miss a lot of it the first time around doing other things.

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, umgoblue said:

Gal...did I just see them FaceTime food choices?  I am so done.

Did they? I glanced away but did see Carlton on his phone but didn't notice what he was typing. That was right after the trip to the grocery store, right? Great to see these two really trying instead of the total bullshit trying that people like the dreadful Ginas of this world do. BTW, did you know that slug Gina is actually suing TLC? 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Did they? I glanced away but did see Carlton on his phone but didn't notice what he was typing. That was right after the trip to the grocery store, right? Great to see these two really trying instead of the total bullshit trying that people like the dreadful Ginas of this world do. BTW, did you know that slug Gina is actually suing TLC? 

While they were in the grocery store.  They were showing him packages of meat (another name for my rock band) asking his opinion on if they should buy it.

Wait...what?  On what grounds for the suit?  I know that anyone can sue for anything, but who is the crackpot lawyer who would take her case?

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

While they were in the grocery store.  They were showing him packages of meat (another name for my rock band) asking his opinion on if they should buy it.

Wait...what?  On what grounds for the suit?  I know that anyone can sue for anything, but who is the crackpot lawyer who would take her case?

Oh yeah her and her evil twin Maja are both suing. Here's the link to the story.

https://starcasm.net/gina-krasley-update/

It's here on the M600PL forum under the All You Can Eat Buffet topic. Probably any further discussions on that subject should continue over there.

These two are such delusional pigs. Hey, how about that as a name for a rock band, LOL!

Edited by DC Gal in VA · Reason: Effing Autocorrect!
  • Love 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So far we have:

Tour of Food
Packages of Meat
Delusional Pigs

Great stuff!

One comment, then done.  She missed the only one worth discussing...

a. Failing to require a psychological evaluation of Plaintiff before administering an extreme weight loss diet;

b. Failing to provide adequate mental health services to Plaintiff during filming and particularly, while placing her on the extreme weight loss diet;

c. Failing to train their employees regarding depression despite the known risk of depression and suicide in those undergoing this type of extreme weight loss process;

d. Causing emotional distress to Plaintiff for the purpose of ratings despite knowledge of distress.

e. Portraying her to be the nasty, non-showering, greasy-haired, stank-ass, wife-abusing, horrible person (shhh: that she really is)

  • Love 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

So far we have:

Tour of Food
Packages of Meat
Delusional Pigs

Great stuff!

One comment, then done.  She missed the only one worth discussing...

a. Failing to require a psychological evaluation of Plaintiff before administering an extreme weight loss diet;

b. Failing to provide adequate mental health services to Plaintiff during filming and particularly, while placing her on the extreme weight loss diet;

c. Failing to train their employees regarding depression despite the known risk of depression and suicide in those undergoing this type of extreme weight loss process;

d. Causing emotional distress to Plaintiff for the purpose of ratings despite knowledge of distress.

e. Portraying her to be the nasty, non-showering, greasy-haired, stank-ass, wife-abusing, horrible person (shhh: that she really is)

Hahaha, well done. Now don't forget to pass that last one on to their attorneys!

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have the most amazing questions pop into my mind while showering.  This morning's question:  

If Carlton depended on his brother, Cash, to bring him his big Tupperware toilet . . . and Cash wasn't on the trip to Houston . . . did Monica sign up for that duty, too?????  ("Hi, it's nice to meet you in person.  Let's get in the car so you can move with us to Houston.  Be sure to pack that big Tupperware container.  That's what I poop in, and then you can take it into the bathroom and flush the contents down the toilet.)

Regarding the accident . . . they very clearly filmed the sound of more than one car blaring horns at her before the "hit and run" that caused the damage.  Well, if anybody "hit and run," it was Monica hitting a stationary object and taking off.  That's probably why the BIL talked to her about her poor driving.  Sometimes, the truth is the truth.

  • Love 11
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I just caught the last five minutes of this episode, and these two seem annoyingly likable and compliant with Dr Now’s treatment strategy. Please let me know if the Snarkability Quotient on these two is high enough to warrant watching the whole episode. If I can’t even fill half of the bingo card, I’d rather not waste my precious time. Twatney awaits. 

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Never during his defense of his woman, where the most important thing seemed to be to calm HER down, did either of them mention who was going to pay for that shit. I have no idea what she hit and all his BIL said to her was that she need to drive more carefully.  Prince Charming became offended about how terribly he had spoken to her. Brutha puhleeeze!

I think Carlton made a comment about how he couldn’t pay to fix it.   Monica as the queen of weird life choices is probably there for the free room and board so no money from the one who was responsible.  I noticed in one of the visits to Dr Now’s office that the damage was still there so they did the minimum to get it driveable and I’m sure Michael paid.  My sympathies were ENTIRELY with Michael, the only people who get to drive my car are my husband and if really necessary my brother.

Edited by ThereButFor · Reason: Typos
  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I think Carlton made a comment about how he couldn’t pay to fix it.   Monica as the queen of weird life choices is probably there for the free room and board so no money from the one who was responsible.  I noticed in one of the visits to Dr Now’s office that the damage was still there so they did the minimum to get it driveable and I’m sure Michael paid.  My sympathies were ENTIRELY with Michael, the only people who get to drive my car are my husband and if really necessary my brother.

Either Michael didn't have insurance on his car, or his insurance didn't cover Monica (did she even have a driver's license?), or they did an interim fix until they could get the car into the shop for repairs (insured or otherwise). It's too bad that his kind act in letting his car be used to help Carlton, backfired on him like that. 

  • Love 15

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, umgoblue said:

As I was typing, I missed the accident.  Now I have to go to live chat to see what the kerfuffle was all about because I couldn't sort if out in the aftermath. Ha!

 

7 hours ago, umgoblue said:

ETA: So it wasn't just me and my deficient attention span tonight.  No one seems to know what happened re: accident.  I feel so much better.

Yeah, Show did not make it clear what actually happened. Someone in chat said whoever they hit (or hit them?) drove off. I was thinking either that or the other party just didn't want to be on camera in any way so they couldn't use any footage they may have had. But then I think Michael said she was driving dangerously? (They included that line in the opening and I was thinking they were just referring to the weight causing the car to dip too low, but I guess not (also did not know at that point the person speaking was a family member an not a cop/witness/accident victim). Though I suppose that could have been a factor in her ability to control the car..? I mean, most people aren't driving the average car/smallish SUV with an extra 700 pounds of weight in the front seat. That's gotta affect the way it drives, right?)

I won't give Carlton too much flak for the initial reaction after the accident. Michael was entirely justified in being angry about it but everyone was highly stressed out at that moment and they apologized and sorted things out later. It's almost like these people could actually be functioning adults!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 17

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Also, meaning no disrespect, but is Dr. Now's speech becoming more slurred/mumbly every week? It sounds like that to me. I hope he didn't have a mini-stroke or something else. He's my hero. 😍

Honestly, I think the sound mixing was way off on this episode, because everyone sounded like they had a mouth full of marbles. It was hard to watch.

  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

My jaw dropped when they both lost 130 pounds!  

This episode seemed to have the makings of a great trainwreck at the beginning (dirty house with too many people in it, weird girlfriend showing up, crazy car trip), but it took a turn into Successville.  I agree with those who said Carlton and Shantel were polite, and I thought Michael was one of the nicest, most supportive spouses we've seen.  Even with the car accident, his reaction was totally justified and fairly calm.  I mean, if someone I barely knew wrecked my car, I would be livid!  

The kids were so cute, and Shantel seemed like a good mom.  I hope they all have long term success.  I'm glad we had a success story last night.  I was so happy to see Ryan Newman walk out of the hospital, I felt like I wanted to celebrate.  And now I'm very happy for this family  Yesterday was a very positive day!  🙂

9 hours ago, umgoblue said:

IKR...how are you shackin' up with a FAMILY that you just met in a location that is not your home?  Easy bait for serial killers.  Just sayin.  You don't know him or them.  But, I guess she can outrun them, if need be.

In the live chat, many of us thought Monica would turn out to be the serial killer.  🙂

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, umgoblue said:

As I was typing, I missed the accident.  Now I have to go to live chat to see what the kerfuffle was all about because I couldn't sort if out in the aftermath. Ha!

I barely see the show, I'm so busy trying to keep up with the snark. I'll watch the supersized ep this weekend,.

I liked everyone, in the end. Shantel and Michael are kind to one another and seem like devoted parents. Michael was very sweet, and he had a nice, soothing speaking voice. He'll benefit from the improved diet and maybe lose a few pounds himself. Which couldn't hurt. Both Shantel and Carlton could be very attractive people if they lost weight. They both have nice features and great smiles. Monica may be cray but she seemed to really give Carlton the motivation he needed to make a change. But boy howdy their inevitable breakup will be epic.

 

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post

Dr. Now did a very good job reading them the riot act at their second appointment. It seemed to have sunk in.  

The car was really very damaged, what a piece of work. I saw him all upset and I had to rewind it to see what horrible thing the brother said, and he just said Be Careful. He didn't say anything too bad. Anyway if they didn't have her help, what could they do? And that was 800 extra pounds in the front seat. 

I love seeing Old Dr. Now show up in the parking lot of the hospital to greet them. I was glad finally some Hot firemen came out - I mean to help him push the wheel chairs.

If you stick to the diet to the letter, you lose MORE than the goal. She lost 130 in 2 months, not 120 like asked. And she was ONLY 600 pounds so good on her!

  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Please let me know if the Snarkability Quotient on these two is high enough to warrant watching the whole episode.

They were very nice. Low drama. If I were you, I'd skip the episode. I thought it was a snoozer save for the car accident but even that was a let down since none of us really know what happened. It's a shame there wasn't a camera crew traveling around with these folks where we could have found out more information or anything.

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

They were very nice. Low drama. If I were you, I'd skip the episode. I thought it was a snoozer save for the car accident but even that was a let down since none of us really know what happened. It's a shame there wasn't a camera crew traveling around with these folks where we could have found out more information or anything.

It wasn't a great episode but we needed some success after the likes of Gina and that other pc of work and I think another big failure. It looked like they were going to fail because one of them said, at first: We've decided to schedule in a CHEAT day once a week where we can eat whatever we want! 

Needless to say instead of losing 60 pounds they lost 6. and they were TRYING SOOOOOO HARD.... Dr. Now really explained it clearly to them- look I gave you a very detailed outline of what your meals should look like. If you follow that, you will make your goal. If you do anything else, it won't work and it's a matter of life and death for you two. And if you come back again and didn't make your goal I'm putting you both in the hospital IN SEPARATE ROOMS!! That seemed to he the motivator they needed. At least they didn't lie and say WELL WE WERE EATING ORANGES AND YOUR SCALE IS BROKEN!!!

  • Love 11
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

It wasn't a great episode but we needed some success after the likes of Gina and that other pc of work and I think another big failure. It looked like they were going to fail because one of them said, at first: We've decided to schedule in a CHEAT day once a week where we can eat whatever we want! 

I think their cheat was actually just for Thanksgiving, so I gave them a small pass for that.

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I think their cheat was actually just for Thanksgiving, so I gave them a small pass for that.

Oh Okay I was just half listening! But they were really whining about how they haven't tasted any good food yadda yadda yadda. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Oh Okay I was just half listening! But they were really whining about how they haven't tasted any good food yadda yadda yadda. 

They were putting some kind of dough on a cookie sheet (looked like rolls) and I was going to comment that that can't possibly on the diet but then they mentioned that it was Thanksgiving and they didn't want to deprive the kids of a traditional holiday dinner and said they were going to keep their portions small (but I don't think they showed them actually eating so who knows what "small" looked like).

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

I missed the first hour last night and am watching now. I'm confused about the car wreck. Did they hit each other or did someone else hit Shantal's car?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

their house tops my list of Most Depressing Places to Live Ever Depicted on This Show. My lord. The walls in the stairwell brown with filth. The toilet bowl with brown streaks on it. The brown (painted and chipped) floors. Made me depressed. 
 

Did anyone notice the zoom in of the car when they arrived at the hospital to meet Dr. Now? What was the cameraman trying to show?

i think Dr. Now’s linking their very similar weight drops to an ongoing unhealthy codependency was a little weird. 

  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, WonTon said:

I missed the first hour last night and am watching now. I'm confused about the car wreck. Did they hit each other or did someone else hit Shantal's car?

We don't really know. They didn't hit each other, I'm pretty sure. Either she hit another vehicle that didn't stop, or another vehicle hit her but didn't stop (or they did stop but didn't let them film it) or she hit a stationary object somehow. They didn't make it very clear.

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

In the live chat, @Hellga said:

https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/fried-grapes

fried-grapes-623182.jpg

 

Okay... here's a recipe using grapes that's absolutely delicious:

https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/sauteed-sausages-with-grapes-and-balsamic-glazed-onions

Screenshot_20200220-134525.thumb.png.3ac8f0d118f36765055e94bce5017d56.png

I think it's a bit light on the grapes, so I usually double the amount called for in the recipe. I cut half of them in half lengthwise, and the rest I leave whole.

I serve it over a soft polenta, which I make in the microwave. (PM me if you want to know how to make polenta in the microwave; it's a lot faster and easier than making it on top of the stove).

  • Love 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

their house tops my list of Most Depressing Places to Live Ever Depicted on This Show. My lord. The walls in the stairwell brown with filth. The toilet bowl with brown streaks on it. The brown (painted and chipped) floors. Made me depressed. 
 

I always feel bad for the cameramen when filming in some of these homes. The smells must be overwhelming sometimes.  And filming those shower scenes!! 😱 it’s blurred out for us, but those guys see it all. I hope they are well paid. PTSD is expensive to treat. 

At least this pair wore shoes and although the brother lost his pants a few times (more blurring) they both dressed fairly well.

 

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else worry when Dr. Now met them on the parking garage and he stood between both cars!? 

I thought for sure they wd both open their doors at the same time and he wd be squished.  

But the hunky fireman/paramedic with the nice nice nice arms drew my attention away.

Sigh.

  • Love 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I think their cheat was actually just for Thanksgiving, so I gave them a small pass for that.

I did, too, until I saw the results on the scale.  If they had followed the diet correctly and only cheated that one day, they should have been at or close to the goal.  I was really glad they didn't let the Christmas holidays get them off track.

 

2 hours ago, WonTon said:

I missed the first hour last night and am watching now. I'm confused about the car wreck. Did they hit each other or did someone else hit Shantal's car?

No one knows what happened;  I guess they fixed it enough to drive it the rest of the way because I saw them getting into a van in Houston that had the same damage to the driver's front tire area.   I would never have let a stranger drive my car.  Would Carlton have driven if Monica hadn't suddenly appeared. 

 

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

i think Dr. Now’s linking their very similar weight drops to an ongoing unhealthy codependency was a little weird. 

I did, too.  I think he was concerned that they just reinforced each other's habits and behaviour, and that one could easily sabotage the other on purpose or accidentally.

At the beginning it mentioned the time frame for this would be 6 months.   What happened to 12 months.  I really thought at the end of month 6 we would get a screen saying "to be continued," but I guess next week is another person.   I would like a short follow-up.

  • Love 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Has it been 6 months all season? I don't usually pay too much attention to the opening screens. That seems like not long enough to tell if they're really making progress.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Doh! Boy am I slow on the uptake. Only just noticed with this episode that TLC is now following our poundticipants for only six months not twelve. I guess it's so they can jam as many new shows into each season as possible? In my defense, I spend the first hour bouncing between this show and The Masked Singer.

Anyway, more shows, more snark for us! 😊

 

47 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Has it been 6 months all season? I don't usually pay too much attention to the opening screens. That seems like not long enough to tell if they're really making progress.

Hi @ams1001. So many times I'm too busy posting on Live Chat at the beginning of these episodes and miss the original black screen of information, so it may indeed have been all season. I am quoting myself since I had the same question. Can't guess any other reasons beyond what I posted above.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

No, other poundticipants have been followed for 12 months during this season.   I know Joyce was, and others.

I really thought last night's episode would be a dumpster fire of an episode, but Carlton, and Shantel, and their family turned it around.    

I really thought Carlton, and Shantel would be another fail, but they were both superstars once they buckled down, and tried.    I'm really hoping there's a WATN, and they're both doing great.      I hope they never move back to Columbus, and that sad house.    I think the entire family (mother and other brother apparently stayed behind), were stuck in a bad place in that sad house.   

 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I love seeing Old Dr. Now show up in the parking lot of the hospital to greet them. I was glad finally some Hot firemen came out - I mean to help him push the wheel chairs.

I couldn't figure why someone from the hospital didn't come, or why there were firemen there.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think the ones who came out to the parking lot with Dr. Now were hospital employees, not hunky firemen.    However, they were certainly damn nice looking, too.  

Sorry, I missed the hunky firemen (I'm sincerely sorry I missed them, I've been waiting too long to see hunky firemen this season).  

At least I have Friday's supersized episode to look forward to.   I wonder if the bonus episode will have more footage of the accident?   I'm still confused about that.   And about the arrival of those two overloaded vans in Houston.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the ones who came out to the parking lot with Dr. Now were hospital employees, not hunky firemen. 

I scrolled back, (I'm still watching it), and some hospital employees came out, but the firemen (Houston Fire on one) seemed to be coming back to their ambulance, and offered to help.
What happened to the girlfriend though, I missed that.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size