Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story

• Start Topic

Carlton strikes me as a narcissist. So many of the pounders do. The way he reacted to the car accident was very telling. It was all about first shushing Monica or whatever the hell that dumbass's name is, then yelling at Michael for saying something unsupportive to HIS woman. It was all about Monica being Carlton's woman and less about how upset Monica was; besides, Michael behaved mildly and said absolutely nothing untoward. Had I been Michael, I would have taken profound joy in unloading their crap from my car and hiring a tow truck to tow the car away. I don't put up with being verbally abused when I haven't done anything wrong.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, Morgalisa said:

I always leave one full day for cleaning the house after packing and loading.

I made the mistake of NOT doing this the first time I moved house with my boyfriend, when I was 22. I had never been in charge of moving an entire household before and I left only a few hours for cleaning. I have since become quite the taskmaster about organizing the house, moving, and cleaning up afterwards. I never want to replicate that first mistake; I still remember the feeling of panicked horror that overtook me as I realised that, but for a nail, my kingdom was hanging by a thread. Luckily, a family friend paid for a cleaning service after we'd moved, but I learned my lesson and have never been a dumbass like that since. (A dumbass in many other ways, sure, but not that one.)

So I'm really hard on the pounders in many respects, but when you're new to moving, something that obvious can truly escape you. I feel you on the whole packing-in-garbage-bags thing, though; it is so easy to get free cardboard boxes, and using garbage bags is actually quite expensive. My OCD (actual OCD, not just neatness) dictates that every box be labeled thoroughly, to the point of mentioning every.single.item. in the box. How do they find anything when they get there?? That would drive me batty! I'd be in desperate need of a sanitary pad and rip open the nearest box like the Hulk, only to find my collection of stuffed unicorns. Or something like that. I don't actually have a collection of stuffed unicorns, but that sounds like a nice collection to have. Maybe I'll start one.

• LOL 2

I'm watching the rerun of this episode, and I just saw the accident again.   I really think since no one else stopped, except the other car, and the camera car, is that Monica side swiped the camera crew vehicle.   There was a policeman directing traffic at the intersection right at the accident site, then the two cars turned right, with the camera crew right with them.    If the policeman saw the accident, he certainly didn't react, except to look at the turning vehicles.     

I wonder if we'll get a follow up to the brother and sister, and the rest of the family?  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the rerun of this episode, and I just saw the accident again.   I really think since no one else stopped, except the other car, and the camera car, is that Monica side swiped the camera crew vehicle.   There was a policeman directing traffic at the intersection right at the accident site, then the two cars turned right, with the camera crew right with them.    If the policeman saw the accident, he certainly didn't react, except to look at the turning vehicles.     

I wonder if we'll get a follow up to the brother and sister, and the rest of the family?  

When I saw the accident I heard Darrell Waltrip's voice in my head saying "....we got a wreck in turn 3....."

• LOL 2
On 2/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The damage was the driver's side front wheel well area, all the way back to the driver's door.    I couldn't figure out if Monica hit something, like the drive thru post, or if someone hit the minivan.   

I think Michael (Shantel's husband) either owned, or rented the minivan Monica was driving.  That's why Michael was so upset about the damage.     That was when Carlton threatened to drive back to Columbus.   But it was very odd the way everything happened.    Also, I noticed when they went to and from Dr. Now's office, the black van still had the unrepaired damage.   

I just watched it; they rented another car, shantel was taking. And they’re taking shantels.

he calls them all cars, but ones a van, and ones an suv. “We rented an extra car to have two” they show the white suv. “Shantel and the kids are gonna use that because it’s bigger “ ….which it’s not. But Michael passed the keys to Monica to pass to shantel..

“and me and Monica are gonna drive chantels car”

unless they meant seating area. It doesn't make sense. I haven’t even seen a wreck; I just searched for update for 2022. With editing who knows what’s what- and what is where. 

8 minutes ago, Sumbl1ss said:

I just watched it; they rented another car, shantel was taking. And they’re taking shantels.

he calls them all cars, but ones a van, and ones an suv. “We rented an extra car to have two” they show the white suv. “Shantel and the kids are gonna use that because it’s bigger “ ….which it’s not. But Michael passed the keys to Monica to pass to shantel..

“and me and Monica are gonna drive chantels car”

unless they meant seating area. It doesn't make sense. I haven’t even seen a wreck; I just searched for update for 2022. With editing who knows what’s what- and what is where. 

Oh they literally texted one another, shantel saying it’s their van. I love how Carlton was instantly trying to calm her and do damage control.