Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: The Client

• Start Topic

I don't know. Forrest and Delia's reaction to Ben and Michelle arguing right in front of them was pretty relatable. Like what would you do in that situation. Their "let's have a fight" discussion should have been altered somehow though it was pretty uncomfortable to watch. Maybe they need to find another way to relieve tension.

Meg was really fun. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

• Love 6

Forrest was so right about the job search stuff that it made it hard to care about Delia's side at all even though the idea of having your partner suddenly out of work is stressful. She wanted him to follow up the day he submitted his applications? That's so wrong. They do have to come to you. The reality is the job search is intensive up front and then levels out a bit. There comes a point where you've applied for everything that fits and you're waiting for new job postings.

• Love 1

My issue isn't with the performances of Rob Corddry or Michaela Watkins, it's with the way the writers have written Forrest and Delia (and even Addie.) I get it; the whole family is "extra," but the writers need to dial it back somewhat. It's not funny; it's truly annoying and it makes me wonder why Wade, Ben and Michelle are friends with these people.

• Love 3

Forrest and Delia are very kind. Very neurotic but very kind. Look how Delia jumped in to help when Michelle was laid up. They are caring loving people who anyone would be lucky to have as friends.

You just have to accept that they are a little weird.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 15

Loved seeing Donal Logue in this episode as Denny.  He was as awesome as he usually is.  The actress who played Meg was hysterical.  Lol- how about Denny, Meg, and Jeff being added as the new family that hangs out with the core group?

I wasn’t sure if I was going to stick with this show after the pilot but glad that I did.  The show is very well-casted; I even like the teenagers on the show.  So far, so good.  

• Love 6

I loved the return of Michelle’s sister!  I like how she was totally competent at doing the books for Wade and not just a some sex crazed woman, yet was still able to do some flirting with him.  I died when she went after Denny at the end 🤣

• Love 11

I ADORE Donal logue. Let's make him a new regular, yes! 

I think wade and meg are adorable and have no real idea why he's not interested in her for at least a little fun. But if he isn't, I'm also all for denny and meg and Jeff as a new little family unit. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I ADORE Donal logue. Let's make him a new regular, yes! 

I think wade and meg are adorable and have no real idea why he's not interested in her for at least a little fun. But if he isn't, I'm also all for denny and meg and Jeff as a new little family unit. 

I think it’s more that Michelle thinks she should protect Wade from Meg. Wade wants to respect Michelle’s wishes.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I will always have a soft spot for Donal Logue because of Terriers!

I think that Terriers is probably his best work; it was cancelled too soon.  He was also really good in Sons of Anarchy and Law and Order:SVU.  OK...he’s good in everything I have seen him in. I even rooted for his character Chuck in ER when I didn’t even know of him at that point.  I didn’t realize he was going to be on the Unicorn until I saw the episode. Pleasant surprise.  Please bring Denny and Meg  back.  Characters like Meg, who don’t allow their curviness to stop them from pursuing romance, are often portrayed as incompetent and ditzy.  Hats off to the Unicorn for breaking a stereotype.  

• Love 4
On 2/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, vibeology said:

Forrest was so right about the job search stuff that it made it hard to care about Delia's side at all even though the idea of having your partner suddenly out of work is stressful. She wanted him to follow up the day he submitted his applications? That's so wrong. They do have to come to you. The reality is the job search is intensive up front and then levels out a bit. There comes a point where you've applied for everything that fits and you're waiting for new job postings.

Exactly. I never worked in HR but I did pull applications and do initial job interviews for my department, and follow-up calls (especially if you haven't even had an interview yet) were an annoyance. It definitely did not move you to the front of the line. Yet you will still find websites that advise you to call, as well as send that thank you card - I have never had anyone send a thank you card and I have never sent one. I don't know where that came from.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I have never had anyone send a thank you card and I have never sent one. I don't know where that came from.

"What Color Is Your Parachute?" advised that decades ago. No idea if that's where it started, but that's where I first saw it suggested; I think it was in the 1980s.

• Love 2

This episode was really good as usual. I like all the couples including Delia and Forrest. Although, I get how both of them being Type A might annoy some people.

Count me in as a Donal Logue fan. The first time I remember liking him as an actor was in The Tao of Steve.

I don't like Nicole Byer in Nailed It, but I love her in everything else I've seen her in, B99, The Good Place, and this show.

• Love 2