Type keyword(s) to search

Family Karma - General Discussion

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

So how does Richa get her name on the deed but not on the mortgage? Unless Vishal paid cash for the home which I can understand. I didn't think he had that much money, though. 

I still can't wrap my head around spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a wedding and the marriage not being legal. WTF. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

So how does Richa get her name on the deed but not on the mortgage? Unless Vishal paid cash for the home which I can understand. I didn't think he had that much money, though. 

I still can't wrap my head around spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a wedding and the marriage not being legal. WTF. 

I did notice Richa wearing her rings in the talking heads. I noticed Vishal also wearing his ring at some point in the episode. Maybe they've worked it out but the end of filming? The TH segments were filmed at many different times, so the one where I saw her wearing a big rock was probably towards the end. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

It would be like if a spouse doesn't work, or even a life partner - the person who gets the mortgage is able to afford the down payment and qualify for the mortgage alone.  For example - stay at home moms - they are on the deed but not responsible for the mortgage.  Or a mother and father paying for the home for their kid.  Really, if you are paying for the house, you can put anyone on the deed with you.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I did notice Richa wearing her rings in the talking heads. I noticed Vishal also wearing his ring at some point in the episode.

Didn't they exchange rings at the fake wedding? I can't remember. 

Vishal called her his spiritual wife in this episode.  I guess he's saying that a religious marriage is still a marriage even though they aren't legally married, at least in his view.

Edited by izabella
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, izabella said:

Vishal called her his spiritual wife in this episode.  I guess he's saying that a religious marriage is still a marriage even though they aren't legally married, at least in his view.

That's how polygamy works and how crazies like cody whatever thinks he has 4 wives, it must work on some because they all think they're married to him & it's big in Utah so there's a lot of delusional men & women around I guess.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Nick and Lavina are lovely together. I can't believe how far she's come from Season 1. 

TV has gone to certain aunties' heads. I don't like Lopa either so it makes sense Brian's mom is closer to her than Reshma. Brian's mom can jump in a lake...

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I am pretty sure that Vishal is gay,  and Richa may be a lesbian/bi. There is no chemistry b/w them and they seem to be hiding their life since it's still not as accepted in the community, sadly. I had a friend that was ditto Vishal. Everyone in our uni believed he was gay. Years later, he married a random girl from a village in India 🙄 I think Monica's Dad is gay as well, and his ex is protecting Monica by not saying anything. Monica ain't the brightest as we can see with Rishi. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
16 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Lavinia is my favorite person on the show.  I love how kind she was talking to Nick.  She is a truly good person.  

Brian was on WWHL.  He is really tiny. Almost the same size as Ashley Darby. Ans she isn't big at all.

Agreed, Ashley is tiny and Brian is about the same size.

Dear Richa:  Therapy is not necessarily learning your faults!  The fact that you aren’t interested in going alone or as a couple is telling.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Lavinia is my favorite person on the show.  I love how kind she was talking to Nick.  She is a truly good person.  

Brian was on WWHL.  He is really tiny. Almost the same size as Ashley Darby. Ans she isn't big at all.

Brian hugged Andy, and they were the same height. Andy is about 5'8". With the heels and big hair, Ashley dwarfed them. 😃

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I’ve thought Nicholas to be a bit of a brat but I will say I felt for him this episode. 
I need Bravo to stop showing Reshma ignoring Brian’s mom as she takes a bite of something. Talk about an unflattering clip. I wonder if someone’s getting back at her. I don’t like this bitchy dynamic between the two this season. 
This marriage license storyine is dragging on. I don’t see any warmth from Richa for Vishal. I see more chemistry between him and Amrit. 
I still love Monica’s dad. 
Lol at 50 year old Bali complaint about the smells in her parents house. Go find your own place then. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So how does Richa get her name on the deed but not on the mortgage?

It may vary from state to state, but anyone can be put on a title without being a party to a mortgage. It's an advantage to the party who isn't on the mortgage - that's why Vishal and Richa keep joking about it. She's a property holder without making any financial commitments. I still think that since Vishal's family is in real estate, there's more to this story.

We got the obligatory Nicholas having a dramatic moment, running out of the room. I can see where this storyline is headed.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It may vary from state to state, but anyone can be put on a title without being a party to a mortgage. It's an advantage to the party who isn't on the mortgage - that's why Vishal and Richa keep joking about it. She's a property holder without making any financial commitments. I still think that since Vishal's family is in real estate, there's more to this story.

I am sure it’s in the company name, absolutely.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

What was up with that fashion show?  A few poorly constructed unattractive garments. How is that a collection?  She spent $400K on this?  Might as well have had a She By Shere fashion show with no fashion. This seems so fake. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
24 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That was an ugly discussion about the last names at the end between Amrit and Nicholas. That did not seem staged, and Nicholas’s comments were on the nose. Seems to be a big undercurrent of anger. 

Agreed, that felt unplanned and real.

And I completely understood how Nicholas felt. It was an unfair ask, and Amrit's rationale suggested that because Nicholas' parent's weren't interested in the pageantry of an Indian televised wedding, and held different beliefs, that Nicholas is entitled to less. 

I think Nicholas was also responding to Amrit's parents who had talked about the baby taking the father's name and Nicholas pointing out that there is no woman or wife in their marriage.

Not a great look for Amrit or his parents.

I think they'll end up giving any children both last names. It doesn't have to be hyphenated. So it could be Kouchoukos Kapai or Kapai Kocuhoukos. No hyphens.

Yes, it is long, but the kids can use one of the last names. I have friends that use their first last name and others that use their second last name.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

What was up with that fashion show?  A few poorly constructed unattractive garments. How is that a collection?  She spent $400K on this?  Might as well have had a She By Shere fashion show with no fashion. This seems so fake. 

It was a bad look because every time I saw an item in the show that I liked, it was not from Anisha’s line.  She was actually doing Monica a favor by not having her wear one of her creations.

• Like 6

I kind of get where Amrit is going with the last name discussion; his parents care, they want the kids to have his last name.  Nicholas’s parents aren’t even that happy that they are getting married let alone having kids.  So I’m sure they would not care about the last name.

But it obviously means something to Nicholas, so I get that it shouldn’t be automatically Amrit’s decision.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And I completely understood how Nicholas felt. It was an unfair ask, and Amrit's rationale suggested that because Nicholas' parent's weren't interested in the pageantry of an Indian televised wedding, and held different beliefs, that Nicholas is entitled to less. 

Amrit came off as a huge asshole in this exchange.

I think Nicholas was also responding to Amrit's parents who had talked about the baby taking the father's name and Nicholas pointing out that there is no woman or wife in their marriage.

Nicholas stressed the word 'inequitable' in this discussion.  He was right.  Why are the parents involved in this discussion anyway?  Because they're paying for part of the wedding?  This is between Nick and Amrit.

So it could be Kouchoukos Kapai or Kapai Kocuhoukos.

Admittedly, those are two tough names to hyphenate!  That poor kid!

• Like 10
18 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

She spent $400K on this?

Didn't we learn way back in season one that it was Anisha's father who provided the funds for her business? I think we heard the $400K number then.

I thought her dress samples looked as if they were hastily produced.

• Like 4
On 1/16/2023 at 11:42 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

Nicholas and Amrit's discussion at the end was the highlight of the episode, as ugly as it was. It felt very manipulative on Amrit's part. I'm glad Nicholas stood his ground and defended himself. If Amrit continues to get his own way, it'll be a slippery slope. First it's the wedding, then it's their child's name, what else? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

Monica was pretty pleased with herself for quitting her job. Guess now she can launch some sort of Bravo housewife career. 
I also don’t feel like Anisha is all that serious. She needs to focus on a certain piece and build from there. Everything seemed all over the place. 

I feel for Nicholas in this situation. My take is that Amrits parents feel the way they do is because Amrit is the one making the money in the relationship, has their support and is in the husband role while Nicholas comes across to them as the wife.  I get why Nicholas feels diminished. I don’t think it’s fair to throw his parents under the bus constantly just because they don’t want to film.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I guess they are deciding to abandon their professional careers in order to ride the Bravo train, much like the Southern Charm group. It appears many of them can fall back on their parents financially.

I worry about Nicholas being a house husband the same way I worry about women who don't work. It's an admirable choice to be a fulltime parent if one can afford it (as are choices to work), but it's risky to abandon professional growth, not to mention a retirement account and Social Security contributions. My close friend in her 60s is facing these consequences now because of a divorce.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, izabella said:

Nicholas is a teacher, isn't he?  He isn't a full time house husband.  In the future, he can do what all other parents do - cobble together a way to work and parent their children.

He said he quit his job, ostensibly to plan the wedding. He has made no mention of future plans that I can recall.

• Like 4

I thought Nicholas quitting his teaching job to plan a wedding that Amrit’s family is actually planning (and Bravo)was rather lame. Filming was during the school year but I’m guessing he could have squeezed in work and filming as the show focuses on a lot more than him and their big fabulous wedding.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I think Nicholas moved from elsewhere and wasn’t a Florida teacher. He would have to find a new job at his new location. 

He's been in Florida for about two years. I think he worked the first year he was there, since they didn't announce that he quit until this season which filmed in early 2022.

• Like 3
On 1/20/2023 at 11:30 AM, pasdetrois said:

I guess they are deciding to abandon their professional careers in order to ride the Bravo train, much like the Southern Charm group. It appears many of them can fall back on their parents financially.

I worry about Nicholas being a house husband the same way I worry about women who don't work. It's an admirable choice to be a fulltime parent if one can afford it (as are choices to work), but it's risky to abandon professional growth, not to mention a retirement account and Social Security contributions. My close friend in her 60s is facing these consequences now because of a divorce.

I wonder if Nicholas choice also has something to do with being in FL. While there are pockets where being gay is acceptable, the vast majority of the state isn't gay friendly, and that is doubly true in school settings. As he's on a show where he is openly and unapologetically gay, finding a school that is comfortable with his "lifestyle" may be difficult. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I'm getting tired of Nicholas complaining about everything. I used to think he was a nice guy that kept Amrit grounded. Now I just think he's a pain in the ass. 

Also, don't they have a wedding planner to help? 

I don't understand the layout of their house. Is it a condo or house? What ever it is it looks claustrophobic. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm getting tired of Nicholas complaining about everything. I used to think he was a nice guy that kept Amrit grounded. Now I just think he's a pain in the ass. 

Also, don't they have a wedding planner to help? 

I don't understand the layout of their house. Is it a condo or house? What ever it is it looks claustrophobic. 

I was actually thinking that this week's episode portrayed the Nicholas/Amrit relationship in a better light.  Less bitterness.

On the other hand, the Richa/Vishal therapy session was TMI and cringe-y. 

Vishal:  I don't want to talk about our sex life

Therapist:  Let's talk about your sex life.

Richa:  I don't like to be touched. Oh we do it maybe once a week.  He'd do it all day every day.

How compatible!

Anisha has to send those ragtag garments back to India for some reason I could not really understand.  They are going to mass produce the designs? 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I have to say this is still my favorite Bravo franchise, but this season has been a bit off. While the wedding was fun to watch, watching Vishal and Richa bicker all of the time is stressful. I'm not sure why they're even together? The wedding was likely because Bravo would pay for it, and Richa not signing the wedding license shows that she's not really committed to this. I agree that Vishal needs to address his drinking and what it means for his health. This isn't something to mess around with, but it also feels like Richa keeps him on a string. Is she even living in Florida full time? Wasn't she practicing in another state?

Anisha was on WWHL after the show, so there's no question whether the ultimatum worked or not. Her designs were ok, but doesn't anyone see her really selling 10K dresses??

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Did anyone else catch Anisha on WWHL? She came out guns blazing. She's been married for two months, only Bali has met her husband, and during the "plead the 5th" game, she said that neither Richa/Vishal or Nicholas/Amrit's marriages will last. She also said that Vishal changed for the worse and "the thirst is real."

This season has been boring, but there definitely needs to be a reunion episode. 

It's rough watching two incompatible people try to make a relationship work. You'd think that Richa and Vishal would have worked on their communication and loving each other in their respective love languages after 10 years, but alas... 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lopa's daughter blew off her family for 10 years due to Lopa's lack of affection. 

Bali is the Gizelle Bryant of the series. She's just there. She brings nothing to the show. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I have to say this is still my favorite Bravo franchise, but this season has been a bit off. While the wedding was fun to watch, watching Vishal and Richa bicker all of the time is stressful. I'm not sure why they're even together? The wedding was likely because Bravo would pay for it, and Richa not signing the wedding license shows that she's not really committed to this. I agree that Vishal needs to address his drinking and what it means for his health. This isn't something to mess around with, but it also feels like Richa keeps him on a string. Is she even living in Florida full time? Wasn't she practicing in another state?

Anisha was on WWHL after the show, so there's no question whether the ultimatum worked or not. Her designs were ok, but doesn't anyone see her really selling 10K dresses??

I believe Richa was still practicing in Memphis when they filmed this. I have no clue when/if she's moved to Miami full time (she may have moved after the wedding?). If she's a good attorney, she'd have no problem finding work with a good firm. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2

I was kind of on Amrit's side during that discussion. His parents have been very welcoming and accepting of their relationship. I think they would be very involved and loving grandparents. Nicholas' parents don't seem very warm or welcoming at all. If they can't accept their relationship I don't see them being very good grandparents. Nicholas is a much nicer person than I would be. If my parents treated me the way his did I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

So Amrit and Nicholas are both firing blanks.  Doesn't look good for them having kids I take it the body building suppliments is doing it?  Or maybe the alcohol

Any one notice that Auntie Lopa said both Risha and Vishal were alcoholics? Then she kind of took it back.

I like how no one on this show pretends that they aren't on a show. Amrit even said Family Karma.

Anisha is my favorite this year and I didn't like her before.

Monica quit her job? I'm shaking my head!

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

So Amrit and Nicholas are both firing blanks.  Doesn't look good for them having kids I take it the body building suppliments is doing it?  Or maybe the alcohol

Look on the bright side. Shooting blanks will save them (at minimum) $150k. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why didn’t Amrit and Nicholas mention adoption? 
Richa acts like someone who is annoyed by a long term spouse and not a newlywed. 
Lopa was as charming as ever. I’d like to see the sister that cut them off. 

But she IS a long-term spouse.  They went out for ten years.  They were sick of each other before getting married.  If they ever even liked each other in the first place. 

• Like 5
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm getting tired of Nicholas complaining about everything.

Perhaps because of his childhood, he's quick to play the victim. It's annoying. And gay men are not the only ones, of course, who struggle with fertility. Low sperm count happens to straight men, too.

Wouldn't the fertility doc have already inquired about supplements? All my docs ask about prescriptions and supplements at a first visit and thereafter. So for these two, the choice may be muscles or babies.

Did these two nincompoops do any research before that fertility visit? They seemed shocked at costs and timeline. If they want to adopt, that will probably be another thing to endlessly quibble about.

Monica: "I want to be an actress." Sigh. Of course you do. Good luck with that. Too late to tell you to keep your day gig.

I think Anisha knew she would be engaged, and the Cinco de Mayo deadline was for the show.

Lopa is such an unpleasant person. If her daughter abandoned her family of origin for many years, Lopa is traumatized and untreated trauma can turn to anger.  On a related note, Richa and Vishal are often so awkward together. There's a lot more to this family and story.

I love the ceremonies.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
26 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

But she IS a long-term spouse.  They went out for ten years.  They were sick of each other before getting married.  If they ever even liked each other in the first place. 

I've gotten the impression that it was long distance as well as on again/off again. 

The pictures they showed look like Richa was very touchy feely in the beginning. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Did these two nincompoops do any research before that fertility visit? They seemed shocked at costs and timeline. If they want to adopt, that will probably be another thing to endless quibble about.

Yeah for a LAWYER and a TEACHER, they seemed to have not read a single article about it. When Nicholas was babbling about how it's not fair that it costs so much for other gay couples out there, it was very strange to me. The high costs of surrogacy and fertility expenses is something frequently covered in all levels of media - and it's an issues for straight, lesbian, AND gay couples! I don't doubt at all that they have many struggles, but Nicholas is too quick to say 'woe is me'. Even his whining about the last name is getting on my nerves. I kept my last name and I suggested giving our child my last name because it's very unique and important to me. In the end, we gave our kid my husband's last name and I chose the first and middle name. And it's all FINE. It's not something to get all worked up about when there's no baby on the way yet!

I thought it was very telling how Richa treated therapy like she was going to prove that she doesn't need it and all is fine. When the therapist said, "We should use punishment" or the like, you could see her body go on the defensive. She thinks she's so "strong" with this refusing to sign the marriage document, but it's absurd. It's such a bizarre stance to have after going through the WHOLE BIG WEDDING.  

14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Any one notice that Auntie Lopa said both Risha and Vishal were alcoholics? Then she kind of took it back.

YES! She likes to act superior to him but she is EQUALLY A MESS. I find them very uncomfortable to watch together.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, sandwoman said:

Any one notice that Auntie Lopa said both Risha and Vishal were alcoholics?

I forgot to post that I noticed that. I don't think it was a mistake. It would explain Richa's militancy against alcohol for Vishal. But she still drinks.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7