Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Not Gonna Be Like That Again

• Start Topic

Ashley’s mom tries to make peace with Bar’s mom. Kayla is on the fence about her mom’s move. Things might be getting serious with Rachel’s new boyfriend. Kiaya and Teazha see a couple’s counselor. Brianna decides not to take things slow.

Airs February 4, 2020

A couple's counselor? That is just crazy AF to me. They are teenagers who clearly need to break up. Kiaya wants a life partner while Teazha just wants to be a teenager and live her best life. Do things at the spur of the moment just like every other kid her age.

Kayla's mother needs to get a fucking life. 

• Love 11

This kind of thing drives me crazy. The number of young people who are together for a relative minute, declare a 'relationship', and then act as though they have made some medieval betrothal oath and cannot simply break up when it is obvious they make each other miserable, see multiple red flags in their behavior, etc.  This is the time when you try on different relationships and see if they work or not, you don't have to stay with it if all you do is argue over shit, find the other person cheating, exhibiting abusive or controlling behavior, etc.  Just break up ffs. Couples counseling for ridiculously mismatched teenagers. So stupid.

• Love 10

Why can these girls not be bothered to take a shower on days they know they're going to film?

The dirt on Emerson's knees as she crawled across the trailer floor! I always feel itchy and gross after watching that family. Rachel storming out of the car, not needing Stephanie's help with anything, leaves her baby in the car, smh.

Speaking of which, WTAF Rachel? When she was saying she didn't need her mom, I so wanted Stephanie to tell her to move out, but now she's pregnant again?! Jesus God Rachel!!

Kiaya and Teazah (sp?) need to break up.

Holly mimicking Ashley and telling Bar to watch his mouth was Everything! She is adorable and has such a cute personality.

• Love 10

I am thoroughly confused about Kayla's mom.  She had a nice - I mean REALLY nice house.  So, I assumed that she had a decent job/career.  Now she's just up and moving 2 hrs. away and "getting approved for" an apartment???

Kiaya seems very emotionally unstable.  I'm wondering if it's hormonal. 

Edited by suzeecat
Had Kayla's name wrong
  • Love 4

Kiaya needs to take a yoga class or something. She is always ratcheted up to eleven and ready to blow. I am utterly over her histrionics and I'm sure Teazha is too. Sheesh. Whenever someone tries to talk to her she either dissolves into tears and inarticulate squawking or storms off. She didn't dare pull that with the therapist though, because she knew it wouldn't fly. Which did make me laugh a little, not gonna lie. She's been indulged all her life. Everyone in her orbit gives in because she throws a huge wobbler otherwise. Just wait until that adorable baby is a teenager. Snerk.

What the hell does Luke see in that pasty, boring, droning Kayla? He's good looking, has ambition, smarts, and a personality. What does she bring to the table? (Except her equally boring mother, anyway).

Rachel's trashiness cannot be overstated. She doesn't want to go on the pill or go to a doctor to talk about birth control. She refused the IUD because inserting it will hurt for literally one minute. She doesn't study for her permit test. She sabotages herself at every turn. Then starts big bickery fights with anyone who dares to hold her feet to the fire. i laughed like a hyena when she was caterwauling about "THE WORST DAY EVER IN MAH LIFE!" and her mother pointed out that she'd spilled something and forgotten her headphones, hardly epic tragedy. I'm just shaking my head so hard I think its going to fall off. The family must keep the local dollar store in business, what with them running down and buying multiple pregnancy tests every five minutes.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I am thoroughly confused about Kayla's mom.  She had a nice - I mean REALLY nice house.  So, I assumed that she had a decent job/career.  Now she's just up and moving 2 hrs. away and "getting approved for" an apartment???

It's not that nice, and it is in Sycamore.  I think it is a townhouse, and my guess is that it's around $90,000-100,000.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Rachel must be one of the dumbest teenagers I have ever seen on my tv. I mean, not one to cast stones, but she has said over and over that she doesn't want another baby right now. But she also can't be bothered to use birth control or not have sex for 30 seconds. I guess all the guys in her town must know she can't close her legs for anyone and even if they do knock her up, she won't get a paternity test to find out who the father is anyway so they don't have to take any responsibility. During the few days she ovulates in a month, could be any number of boys donating sperm depending on how drunk she was needing to fuck. What a sad cycle of dysfunction. Even her crazy sister hasn't managed to get knocked up yet and her baby is already one. SMH

• Love 9

Rachel is truly a phenomenon. She's trashy as fuck, amoral, maybe stupid as hell, way to immature to be somebody's mother, Will she one day regret being the village bike or just not give a damn? Girl needs an intervention.

Holly is adorable.

Someone above asked what Luke sees in Kayla. I have been wondering that for months. She is such a sad sack and now the sad sack mother is following them to Iowa. Does that woman not realize they will be there for just 2 years? Wonder what she's thinking now that she can see him on TV saying he's not down with her moving there.

Kiaya and Teazah (sp?) are cooked. Teazah is so over this relationship it's not even funny. I hate it when Kiaya's mother acts like that girl is one of the parents. She is too young to take on such a commitment and is starting to realize it. Does that mother seriously think this teenage romance will last forever? That's just crazy.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

i laughed like a hyena when she was caterwauling about "THE WORST DAY EVER IN MAH LIFE!"

Close.  She said it was "literally the worst day ever in mah life."  She uses literally annoyingly constantly.  I'm thinking it's because it's the biggest word she knows--four syllables, after all--and she's showing off. 

I had only about 15 minutes to watch this episode, and I FFed/skim-watched all of it but Rachel's part because I'm sickly fascinated by her and her family. 

And now we have new boyfriend Coty.  I thought X'Zayveon was the worst name ever, but I'm rethinking that.  Was Cody too butch of a name, so his parents went with a more effeminate version?  Or can they just not spell?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Kiaya and Teazah (sp?) are cooked. Teazah is so over this relationship it's not even funny. I hate it when Kiaya's mother acts like that girl is one of the parents. She is too young to take on such a commitment and is starting to realize it. Does that mother seriously think this teenage romance will last forever? That's just crazy.

Does Teazah (?) live with them?  Does she have no where else to go?  Maybe that's why she stays.  Otherwise, why??  Go live your life!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

When Rachel's mom was talking to the grandmother ( I guess her own mom) about how she's struggling to stay off of drugs and that she made more money selling drugs than going legit, I could see a little bit more how their cycle of poverty has endured. Then on the couch when she's talking to Rachel about her options and suggests college, which Rachel scornfully declines. They weren't even looking at each other during the conversation and it seemed totally perfunctory.

I doubt college is a possibility for these folks but how about trade school? Rachel's plan seems to be to sit on their sagging couch pumping out babies and her mom's plan is to have a lowing paying job and try to support all of them. Rachel's mom seems really lost at how to do the most basic things like set boundaries and plan the next year of her life. It's a real bummer. 

I did get a good laugh from the GIANT clock in the therapist's office. That clock screamed, "no one is staying a minute longer than their allotted 50 minutes"!

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Does Teazah (?) live with them?  Does she have no where else to go?  Maybe that's why she stays.  Otherwise, why??  Go live your life!

She and her mother had issues over her life choices, but the mother seemed willing to work things out. They showed the mum and her brother in one of the early episodes and they both appeared to miss her. And as I recall, the mum regretted how she'd handled Teazah being gay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, politichick said:

She and her mother had issues over her life choices, but the mother seemed willing to work things out. They showed the mum and her brother in one of the early episodes and they both appeared to miss her. And as I recall, the mum regretted how she'd handled Teazah being gay.

Then she needs to go home.  These two are playing a very grown up game that they are far from ready for. Breaking up is what your teenage years are all about.  It's disheartening watching them struggle like a couple that's been married 10 years with 2 kids. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Then she needs to go home.  These two are playing a very grown up game that they are far from ready for. Breaking up is what your teenage years are all about.  It's disheartening watching them struggle like a couple that's been married 10 years with 2 kids. 

Agreed on that...these two fight so much and they haven't been together that long and are still teenagers. I have been with my husband over 20 yrs and we still do not fight as much as those two. It is sad to see because they really just would be better off breaking up. I think they would both be happier in the end and little Amore (?) would not have to be subjected to their constant fighting.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, politichick said:

Like @Brooklynista just said, she needs to go home.  I can actually see the happiness draining from her face little by little as the season goes on.  She probably feels attached to Amore* but she is not happy with this life, and she is trying so hard to make it work.  There is plenty of time to be an adult, now is the time to live it up and enjoy your youth! 

*🎵 when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie 🎵

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

My bad! I think I was distracted by the trash tornado that is Rachel and her family.

usually we have major scorn for these hosebeasts when they get paid a buttload of money.  however, I can't wait til we can watch the Beavers living a nouveau-riche hillbilly lifestyle.  I'd even just watch them on their own show (can't be worse than Mama June, am I right???)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

If MTV doesn't give the Beavers their own show, they don't understand the business they are in. This family is a trash TV gold mine. Mama June was in on the joke from the beginning! But these Beavers are dead serious. This is a tragedy, not a comedy. Stephanie already knows that, and it's dawning on Mallorie and Rachel, too.

MTV won't even have to think up a clever name for the series.

Edited by IvySpice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

OMG - I finally watched this today.

But guess what I also did today? I went to the local dollar store - and while standing in line, I was checking out all the items they sell up by check out. And one item that caught my eye was a pregnancy test!!! It was hanging there with the chapstick, energy shots, and car sanitizers. 

Hilarious!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Holly mimicking Ashley and telling Bar to watch his mouth was Everything! She is adorable and has such a cute personality.

I laughed at that.  Thankfully Ashley's genes appears to be the majority in that little girl. She's going to be a smart one. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:04 AM, suzeecat said:

Kiaya seems very emotionally unstable.  I'm wondering if it's hormonal. 

There has to be some behind the scenes shenanigans with that... Like her job is letting her transfer to another location in Dubuque.... or they now have enough MTV money where her mom can get an apartment and for filming purposes she'll travel over on the weekends and pretend she's living there.  Her house didn't even look like she had started packing. Something is a bit hinky in that situation I think.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, heatherchandler said:

Teazah needs to cut her losses and just leave. She does not deserve to be screamed at daily or made to feel that it's always her fault that Kiaya gets so angry all the time. 

• Love 6