Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Leave The Choice To Solomon

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Dr. Charles worries Dr. Halstead is putting his medical license in jeopardy

I guess with Code Black canceled, Med is going to be doing the same storylines as New Amsterdam a few weeks apart now.

• Love 1

This episode was better than the last few in my opinion. Judging by his behavior throughout the episode and the ending, I’m guessing that Crockett lost a child. I’m surprised at Natalie being supportive of Crockett for most of the episode. Of course she had to become pushy and probe Dr. Marcel about something he clearly didn’t want to talk about. 
Will is just the medical version of Jay. He’s extremely impulsive and lacks critical thinking skills. Poor Maggie just did not want to accept that her friend was about to die. At least she was able to find bone marrow donors for other patients.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

April making cow eyes at Dr. Marcel...🤢

Dr. Charles yelling at Will...👏

Dr. Latham appearance...😄

April is insufferable. She’s not even mature enough to work with Dr. Marcel during a crisis because she has a crush. I’m happy that it was Natalie working with Dr. Marcel and not April. At least Natalie noticed that he was more emotional than usual and tried to understand why. 

• Love 6

April should be fired.  She says she cannot do her job because of her feelings for Crockett.  I guess it would also hamper her giving medical diagnosises instead of the other doctors too.  The show last night was laughable.  My husband was even snickering at what was going on.  Nataloon(love that name) was trying to be her usual bossy self and Crockett overroad her on most things.  She does not like to have someone defy her so obviously she must be in love....Crockett run for your life!!!

Maggie was ridiculous.  She should also be fired.  What hasn't she tried to do to save her friends in the last few shows?  She is jeopardizing other patients in her noble cause and doesn't even see the reasoning in not doing what she is doing.  Her boyfriend could have infected a lot of people because she wanted to take him home.  These people on this show are shown to be juvenile and unprofessional.  I can't even go there with Will.  He acted like he was unhinged.  Thank you Dr. Charles for having some common sense.  If they got rid of April, Will, Natalie and possibly Maggie, I think I could live with this show.  I used to like Choi and hope that he could become normal without his albatross of April.

This show is really in trouble.  It gets worse each episode.  I don't know if I can take it anymore.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

April feels tremendous guilt, there is no doubt that she will end up telling Choi about the kiss.  Choi won't handle it well, and they will probably break up

(fixed it for you) Choi won't handle it well, and they will probably break up.... AGAIN.

I put this show on to watch and found myself in the garden watering my plants. 

Edited by Guildford
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Guildford said:

(fixed it for you) Choi won't handle it well, and they will probably break up.... AGAIN.

I put this show on to watch and found myself in the garden watering my plants. 

I watch it to come here to read and make comments. This goes for all the Chicago shows (Med, PD, & Fire).

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, marionette said:

April should be fired.  She says she cannot do her job because of her feelings for Crockett.  I guess it would also hamper her giving medical diagnosises instead of the other doctors too.  The show last night was laughable.  My husband was even snickering at what was going on.  Nataloon(love that name) was trying to be her usual bossy self and Crockett overroad her on most things.  She does not like to have someone defy her so obviously she must be in love....Crockett run for your life!!!

Maggie was ridiculous.  She should also be fired.  What hasn't she tried to do to save her friends in the last few shows?  She is jeopardizing other patients in her noble cause and doesn't even see the reasoning in not doing what she is doing.  Her boyfriend could have infected a lot of people because she wanted to take him home.  These people on this show are shown to be juvenile and unprofessional.  I can't even go there with Will.  He acted like he was unhinged.  Thank you Dr. Charles for having some common sense.  If they got rid of April, Will, Natalie and possibly Maggie, I think I could live with this show.  I used to like Choi and hope that he could become normal without his albatross of April.

This show is really in trouble.  It gets worse each episode.  I don't know if I can take it anymore.

Obviously Crockett is dealing with a traumatic event involving a child, possibly his. He does not need the added stress of being paired with either of the overgrown teenagers that are April and Natalie.

• Love 5

April/Choi.  Blech.  Hated the opening scene where Choi is acting all lovey dovey and sappy talking about injecting April with hormones because he's a partner in this.  Just stop.  So April still is crushing on Crockett?  I thought she realized it was a mistake and had moved on.  It's not going to be pretty for these two.  "All day I knew I wasn't being told the truth."  For sure.

Halstead.  Another blech.  Stop being so MFing sanctimonious.  He goes behind Charles' back and gets the addict his surgery, only for Charles to later show him that the guy has no intention of getting clean.  He's obviously not going to lose his license over the treatment center, because if he did, then we would never see him practicing.  Which might be a good thing.

Maggie.  Ugh.  Will Maggie ever be anything but the martyr?  So some guy that was so important to her during her treatments - now it seems like they fast forwarded 8 months? - shows up.  It doesn't seem like they've had any contact since they left the chemo facility?  Yet she is so emotionally attached that she gets everybody in the waiting room to sign up? I find it hard to believe that 40 people would just sign on the dotted line just because others are doing it.  But kudos to her for finding donors that all of a sudden within a few hours are slated to donate and all the patients who will benefit already arrived to the hospital.

Crockett.  He remains the most interesting character now.  So did he have a child and the child died?  Was he not able to save his own child?  Or did he take care of a child that died?  Clearly it was something and I guess more to come.

I don't enjoy almost all of these characters, it's a wonder why I continue to watch.  I rank them PD>Fire>>>>Med.  So if Med goes the way of Justice, I won't miss it.

• Love 5

I only watch this show sporadically and usually do not give it my full attention when I actually do watch it.  I was unaware that Dr. Marcel's given name is Crockett.  I busted up laughing last night when I heard the name.  To me it sounds like something out of a bad movie.  I can't imagine a writer for a network show deciding that had to be the name of the new surgeon.   Not even a surgeon,  but a role for a handsome actor to play as a viable love interest.  Look if I was a patient and planning g a surgery, i would want any other doctor than Dr. Crockett Marcel.  The name inspires zero confidence.   What's next, Dr. Tubbs?  Are.the writers just trolling us at this point?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

April feels tremendous guilt, there is no doubt that she will end up telling Choi about the kiss.  Choi won't handle it well, and they will probably break up.

I sure as hell hope Dr. Marcel doesn't end up in a love triangle with April and Natalie.   No one deserves that.  The dude already has enough trauma in his life with some past experience involving a child.  It is his vulnerability.   No doubt Natalie will try and probe deeper into that and end up intimately involved with him.   Much like The Blob, Natalie will probably devour Marcel to the point where there is nothing left but a puddle of goo.   April will scoop that goo up in a jar and put it on her bedside table.  She will give that jar a hug and a kiss every night before she goes to sleep.

That is when she will be pregnant by Choi OR sleep with Dr. Marcel and be pregnant the the first time around.

• Love 5

Dick Wolf shows are consistently ridiculous in the names they use for characters. In ChicagoPD they named a character Jake Gibbs after the old Yankee Catcher from the 1960’s. They must be raiding the baseball encyclopedia for names.

I expect Willie Mays to come in with a hernia.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, atiyah9369 said:

That is when she will be pregnant by Choi OR sleep with Dr. Marcel and be pregnant the the first time around.

Plesssse NO!! Dr. Marcel is the only character who has not been ruined by their Days of our lives writing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I only watch this show sporadically and usually do not give it my full attention when I actually do watch it.  I was unaware that Dr. Marcel's given name is Crockett.  I busted up laughing last night when I heard the name.  To me it sounds like something out of a bad movie.  I can't imagine a writer for a network show deciding that had to be the name of the new surgeon.   Not even a surgeon,  but a role for a handsome actor to play as a viable love interest.  Look if I was a patient and planning g a surgery, i would want any other doctor than Dr. Crockett Marcel.  The name inspires zero confidence.   What's next, Dr. Tubbs?  Are.the writers just trolling us at this point?

I've often wondered what is process for assigning names of character IRL. Anyone know??

3 hours ago, preeya said:

I watch it to come here to read and make comments. This goes for all the Chicago shows (Med, PD, & Fire).

I come here to read, but I've stopped watching! 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dominic Rains is Iranian, but he also looks as if he could be Indian.  So is Marcel an Iranian name?  Doesn't sound very Iranian to me.  Crockett seems like it's from the South.  What was his backstory, did he come from somewhere southern?  Crockett seems more like a surname.  But whatever, it is what it is.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

Dominic Rains is Iranian, but he also looks as if he could be Indian.  So is Marcel an Iranian name?  Doesn't sound very Iranian to me.  Crockett seems like it's from the South.  What was his backstory, did he come from somewhere southern?  Crockett seems more like a surname.  But whatever, it is what it is.

He said he was from New Orleans. If the writers were smart they would also write the actor's heritage into the show. They could even piggy back off of Dominic's back story of immigrating from Iran and changing his name. I might be asking for too much.

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

April is so goddamm detestable. Whining about she cant stop thinking about Dr Marcel while being ENGAGED to Dr. Choi. Do the writers realize April is very unlikeable. And I personally do not have Sympathy for Characters like her. Oh woe is her 2 Attractive guys want her and shes torn GRRR FUCK LOVE TRIANGLES! Why are they needed? Hoping she goes further with Dr Marcel than Ethan finds out and dumps her horrid Skank ass

• Love 6

I don’t know why I watch this show! As a nurse it drives me crazy. I have never worked in a hospital where people act like these people do.  And the situations are ridiculous.  This whole bone marrow fiasco on this episode is really getting to me. As a stage 4 Lymphoma patient and recipient of a donor stem cell/bone marrow transplant I can only say it’s not that simple. There are weeks of conditioning and treatment and testing before you can get the transplant. For both donor and recipient. You don’t just walk in and 30 minutes later find out you’re a match and it’s off to do the transplant.  It took about 2 months of testing for both my brother and I and heavy duty chemo to wipe out my bone marrow. I just feel like they should do some research if they are going to present a storyline.  And why does Maggie still have her hair. Adriamycin “the red devil” was mentioned as one of her chemo meds. That’s hair loss most always and again I speak from experience. This whole episode pissed me off.  If you will indulge me one more point I would appreciate it. Then I’ll quit ranting.  The patient who died waiting to get his transplant knew everyone by the chemo meds they took and rattled them off from memory.  With HIPPA laws being what they are I doubt he would have that info...and even if other patients shared I’m doubt he would remember the long tongue twisting names of most of the meds.  I’ll shut up now. This show just pissed me off. Maybe it’s time to quit watching it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BuckeyeGal said:

And why does Maggie still have her hair.

This part is realistic as she doesn't still have her hair.  She is wearing a wig.  We saw her show her colleagues that she was losing her hair after work one day when she was finally ready/had to tell them that she had cancer.

• Love 4

Wait, so marcel’s first name is really Crockett?? I always thought it was a nickname because they thought his actions and suaveness (is that a word?) reminded them of Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I know, I'm a nitpicker but it's HIPAA.

Oops...my bad.  It’s my brother’s fault. Since my transplant I blame oops moments on him since my DNA is now his!😜

11 hours ago, izabella said:

This part is realistic as she doesn't still have her hair.  She is wearing a wig.  We saw her show her colleagues that she was losing her hair after work one day when she was finally ready/had to tell them that she had cancer.

I must have missed that episode. She’s lucky she has eyebrows and lashes still.  I’m hypercritical but can’t help it🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 4

May be late as I realized this was posted on the wrong medical show thread🤣

I'm so through with April (and just sick of her games).  Choi with his "double entendre" that has April looking baffled/confused/ambivalent yet still making gooey eyes😳 at Marcel - just stop the madness!

I mentioned a couple times in recent weeks that I wondered what Marcel's backstory was.  This episode--with the kids--may be telling.  Let's hope they explore more of this.   I really wanted to smack Natalie (and I'm truly not a violent person) but I'm so tired of her quick to judge, opinionated self with him and everyone else.   Yeah, she and Halstead just need to get back together--he's such an idiot and narcissist.  I hoped Dr. Charles would have really gone off with him when he screamed at him but that was a missed opportunity by the writers.   Will's head is harder than tungsten steel and now will obviously stay with the safe injection site after "saving" the woman's life.   He knows what he's doing is worthwhile---not matter the cost🙄.   I pray he loses his job, license to practice, and is written off--along with Natalie and April.

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 1

I just realized Crockett is his first name. I haven't noticed because I can't bother with anyone's name on this show so I've just floated between thinking he was Dr Marcel or Dr Crockett. I pay so little attention I hadn't noticed the inconsistency in my brain.

I also realized that Natalie and Crockett look a lot a like. They should have made them sister/brother doctor duo.

I also think they should have made Natalie have surgeon skills. They are so unrealistic with everything else--why not? then she'd actually have something to do on these cases instead of standing around making looks at Crockett. She could scrub in. As it is, they often have her doing a lot of standing and talking.

• Love 1

After finally getting around to watching this episode, I wanted to hurl.

I'm so sick of April. It's bad enough that your relationship arguments with Ethan are dragged to the workplace. Now, she's not willing to work on a patient that Marcel is bringing in because she can't stop thinking about him after the one-off kiss. That's a fireable offense in my book. Leave your personal crap at the door and do your job when you're at work. The patient has nothing to do with the kiss you and Marcel shared. The patient should come first. Not your relationship.

And it seems everybody can fudge notes and break protocol with no repercussions. Natalie can lock parents out of the patient room while she works on their kid against their wishes. Maggie can fudge orders using Natalie's name to let a cancer patient sick with contagious measles go home in the public. And now Will falsifies records so an attic can get a third heart valve put in. Yeah, Will, of course your patient needs a new heart valve. But he's already ruined 2 previous valves. He needs to make a legit commitment to getting clean. And as Dr. Charles didn't see it, he was right not to sign off on the surgery. Are the rules just supposed to not apply to the doctors and nurses working here? Is this show trying to be Grey's Anatomy?

• Love 3

I wonder if the writers are so miserable that they cry a lot and need therapy OR are they laughing their asses off that they get paid for writing this garbage.  lol  If my name was associated with it, I'd be very embarrassed.  

• Love 1