Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Zolciak Biermann: Bye Bye, Wig

Well, given her cancer story and now this, I'm sitting on the sidelines with a few others while we wait and see.

We can wait together at Chilis's.

Too soon? If she seriously had a mini stroke, she's out. There is no way she would be cleared to fly back to LA from the East Coast. Hopefully she truly has given up smoking.

• Love 6

She'll need to quit smoking and drinking, because she will be on blood-thinning meds which will prohibit both.

I had TIA's in 2002 and I don't take blood thinners. I had the exact same sympotoms of as Kim. Total los of movemen ton one side. They only lasted a short time.I have absolutely no ill effects from them. I had 2.  Transient Ischemic Attack . It is not an actual stroke,but it can be a precurser to a real one

• Love 4

JennyMominFL, thank God you are OK. I had a pulmonary embolism and was on self-injections of blood thinners twice daily for 2 years.

I'm reading now that this may have been a result of Botox injections she had before Monday night's show. It is a side effect of over-doing it.

• Love 2

How's she able to take a selfie with her left hand if her left side is paralyzed?

Just wondering.....

Because they come and go. I'm telling you wierdest thing. I was sitting on my couch and my right side just went. I had to be carried to the car. By the time we got to the hospital I was fine. It lasted maybe 20 minutes. They gave me tests, kept me overnight, sent me home. They day after I got home it happened again. Once again I was fine by the time I got to the hospital.  To make a long story short, I am HIV pos and the meds I take weakened and enlarged my heart, so I  have cardiomyopathy. This caused the TIA's . Since the treat the cardiomyopathy with Atenolol and Fosinopril, I don't need blood thinner. Although I have a vague recolection of maybe taking  Plavix for a little while

Bottom Line, you can have a scary messed up TIA and be fine 20 minutes later

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8

Just saw the story on another site an came over here.

Sure, I'll admit it....my first thought was...puhleeze. It's a bogus excuse to get out of her failing and embarrassing DWTS performances and impending rejection. But, if she really was in the hospital she had to have gotten a legitimate medical diagnosis.

Still, the excessive botox injections possibly causing the TIA is an interesting ponder....

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1

Kim is such a pathological liar that I don't believe this story until I see her medical chart plastered all over TMZ. She could have been admitted for any number of things, real or not, and claimed it was a stroke to get out of DWTS with little backlash.

• Love 3

Kim Zolciak suffered a mini-stroke after arriving home from DWTS

kim-zolciak-suffers-stroke-hospital-pics

Real Housewives’ star Kim Zolciak has mini-stroke

POSTED 6:17 PM, SEPTEMBER 24, 2015, BY CNN WIRE

After flying home to Atlanta from an appearance on “Dancing With the Stars” in Los Angeles, Zolciak-Biermann says, she was overcome by a “mini-stroke” within minutes of her arrival.

She knew something was wrong when the left side of her body went numb and she lost the ability to speak, according to a post on her Instagram account.

The reality star, 37, shared a photo of herself in a hospital bed wearing a gown and monitoring devices but says she’s doing better.

“I have 100%of my feeling back THANK GOD,” she said in the post.

The “Tardy for the Party” singer thanked her husband, NFL player Kroy Biermann, among others, for reacting quickly and helping her during the unexpected event. She closed out her message with #CrazyAgeDoesntMatter.

A mini-stroke, or transient ischemic attack, is caused by a blood clot that temporarily blocks an artery, according to the American Stroke Association.

Zolciak-Biermann was set to be released from the hospital Thursday.

http://q13fox.com/2015/09/24/real-housewives-star-kim-zolciak-has-mini-stroke/

Edited by talula

With all her recent public notoriety and increased TV & media exposure, I just keep thinking about the extended Biermann family back in Montana and what they must be thinking.....I feel for them. 

Edited by Bossa Nova

They come and go, I got that part. But would you, me, anyone, be taking a selfie in the ER? With the hand we were claiming to the world wasn't working? It's not something I'd think one would do. That's all.

Kim would.  Then become outraged because people doubt her credibility.  A selfie?  Who wouldn't be too afraid after something like this happened to even think of taking a selfie?

I probably would take  a pic. I hate selfies, so hubby would tak eit though. .  And KIm never claimed she still couldn't move or talk. The headlines were wrong. She never stated that. The first time I heard about this yesterday the facebook feed said that Kim could not talk or move. The article said that she experienced a TIA but was OK now. I immediately realized the headlines were sensationalized.

I've been to the ER quite a few times, myself or husband and one of us has taken a pic, so no. I don't find it strange, especially for a fame whore like Kim

Thinking back, now, I think my hubby to a selfie last time he was in the ER

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2

They come and go, I got that part. But would you, me, anyone, be taking a selfie in the ER? With the hand we were claiming to the world wasn't working? It's not something I'd think one would do. That's all.

But we aren't Kim.

Kim would.  Then become outraged because people doubt her credibility.  A selfie?  Who wouldn't be too afraid after something like this happened to even think of taking a selfie?

Exactly. Kim's famewhore game is fairly on point. Otherwise, this spin-off show wouldn't be in its fourth season.

• Love 3

I'm glad I'm not Kim. I don't have the money to keep up with her lifestyle. I don't hang out with guys who chew tobacco. I'd wreck fake fingernails on my keyboard. I cannot wear wigs, I'd itch to death. And my cat would probably think it's a big toy.

• Love 2

I think i explained that

Yes, you did, JennyMominFL.  But there's a saying about deaf ears,  Can I just stay with you until all this wild speculation and armchair medical assessment across all these boards blows over?  Because I am SO tired of all this shit. 

I had to euthanize a beloved cat today.  I'm primed for a fucking challenge from anyone about THAT, too.

• Love 2

My dad had one of these right in front of me, while I was up at his house taking care of him after major surgery.  His symptoms were different from Kim's, he didn't lose feeling, movement, or the ability to talk (I did the stroke checklist immediately), so it was impossible for me to know at the time what had happened, only that something had.  He refused to go to the hospital, was himself again very quickly, and the next day when a nurse stopped by for an already scheduled visit, I told her about it and she said it was probably a mini-stroke, and that by the time you get to the hospital there isn't much they can really do about it, it's usually over completely.  The scar tissue did show up in a brain scan done later.

All this to say that I don't doubt that Kim could be right back to taking duckface selfies before she even leaves her hospital bed, but because it's Kim and I tend to not believe her about anything, I couldn't help but have a twinge of suspicion about the whole thing when I first read the story.  She went really far years ago with the implication that the reason she wore wigs was that she had been sick and losing hair, but when finally put on the spot at the reunion she admitted "no, it wasn't cancer, THANK GOD!"  I'm not saying nothing scary happened to her physically this time, but based on the opinion I have of her as a person based only on what I've seen, I just don't think the idea of Kim playing something up in a big way just to get out of the rest of Dancing with the Stars is 100% out of the question.  I expect it's the most work she's done in years, and she's not liking it much, especially since her performances aren't exactly killing it.  Of course, I think Kim is a garbage person, and expect the worst from her at all times.  If this had happened to almost anyone else, I would have nothing but sympathy, but for Kim I can only manage a mild, "Eh, maybe she's not lying this time, but I still think she's up to something".

walnutqueen, I am so sorry about your cat.  That is one of the hardest things in the world to do, and I know your heart is aching.

• Love 7

Thanks, Irritable.  I may not know up from down right now, but I do know I'm irritable and exhausted and can't go to the hospital, because there are 8 other cats (and a bunch of baby raccoons) counting on me.  Must be nice to be a mother to only 6 with an entourage & a Kroy to care for them.    :~)

• Love 5

I think she takes them to keep track of how she looks, especially in a hospital when she does not have easy access to her makeup.  How she looks is way more important than some mini stroke.  Her looks are her money maker and her man trap.

I don't think she will quit DWTS because she needs the money.  Six children, a mini mansion, a cook, 2 baby sitters, and high-end luxury items don't pay for themselves.

• Love 2

For the record, I am snarking with remarks about Kim's health. I do sincerely wish her well, it's her past claims of having cancer/not having cancer that invite snarky remarks now about anything regarding her health. I am a cancer survivor so anytime a celebrity lies about having it, they open themselves up to whatever comes.

• Love 5

Not saying they are in the same category, but Tori Spelling admits herself into the hospital for migraines.

I think Tori admits herself into the hospital so she can get a refill on her Percocet.

Edited by Emme
  • Love 3

I don't think she will quit DWTS because she needs the money.  Six children, a mini mansion, a cook, 2 baby sitters, and high-end luxury items don't pay for themselves.

Not to mention the wine, solo cups, ciggies and all those scratch-off lottery tickets she's so fond of.  <snerk>  :-)

• Love 3

For the record, I am snarking with remarks about Kim's health. I do sincerely wish her well, it's her past claims of having cancer/not having cancer that invite snarky remarks now about anything regarding her health. I am a cancer survivor so anytime a celebrity lies about having it, they open themselves up to whatever comes.

I am with you.  Kim is a hustler.  She will say and do what she needs to get the lifestyle that she wants so I think all of us thought the story was a stunt on her part to a) have a reason to exit the show or b) raise her profile by getting sympathy from viewers.

While DWTS is hard work, I never thought she wanted to leave it because it pays her more money the longer she stays and she is on TV each week which gives her a platform to get other offers.  Now, her conundrum is that its harder than she anticipated, but its better than her alternatives.  I suspect she will be using her medical issues as an excuse for everything from this point forward so Cooks, you are not wrong for being suspicious.  Kim is Kim and water is wet.

• Love 3

"Water is wet".... my high school chemistry teacher, who I adored for his wit, used to say that. He's an author now, PM if you want to find his books.

I base my snark on someone's history. NeNe reported having a pulmonary embolism. I've had one. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. She wasn't. She was on blood thinners, she said, while drinking wine. Alcohol is a huge no-no when you are on Coumadin. It throws off your weekly blood test results. Kim says she had a mini-stroke. Not had one of those (knock on wood) but I hope she's being honest and is OK.

If you're going to be on "reality" TV, your life will be exposed. Good, bad, warts and all.

• Love 2

Thanks, Irritable.  I may not know up from down right now, but I do know I'm irritable and exhausted and can't go to the hospital, because there are 8 other cats (and a bunch of baby raccoons) counting on me.  Must be nice to be a mother to only 6 with an entourage & a Kroy to care for them.    :~)

We lost one of our kitties less than a year ago. It's tough. We never had to put her down (she died right in front of us though we knew the end was coming). So sorry for your fur baby. :'(

I'm skeptical with Kim and health issues due to her wig excuse from way back from RHoA. My dad had a mini stroke and though he was able to drive himself to the hospital (silly man!), he was immediately in surgery. I'm not a doctor and no expert in strokes, but looking so well so soon after that? Color me cynical. However, I do have to say she looks nicer without all the pomp and circumstance.

• Love 1

This... no makeup, no wig, no gaudy hooker eyelashes. I think she looks tons better in her own skin.

Isn't it strange how so many people look much better without the tons of makeup and wigs/extensions/product they plaster on themselves?  They must own some funky magical funhouse mirrors to see themselves this way.

• Love 4

She tweeted she's back at home.  If she did have a TIA then that was a warning according to my brief internet search.  Smoking, drinking, exercise avoidance as a lifestyle meets intense dance training, cross country flights twice a week and performance anxiety equals potential disaster.  Kim's dumb.  She should bail on DWTS, get in shape and do it later.  The show might force her out due to liability/insurance issues, although having her seize up on national tv would probably be a ratings winner.

• Love 2

She should bail on DWTS, get in shape and do it later.  The show might force her out due to liability/insurance issues, although having her seize up on national tv would probably be a ratings winner.

I am sure I speak for America when I say that seeing her fall and bounce back up after she lands on her inflated footballs would be enough to get me to vote for her every week.

I commend you for being heartless and cynical. After all, this is Kim we're talking about.

I think kim realized she got in way over her head. Even her hot body and fresh face surgery can't save her from looking like a complete fool on DWTS. The girl can't dance...bye Wig!

• Love 3

Ok, confession (raises hand meekly). I took a hospital selfie too. However, probably not for Kim's reason. I had woken up screaming one morning with abdominal and back pain. My regular Dr told me it was ulcer pain and gave me meds. Long story short, it was a bowel perforation. I took the pic to show the Dr what really happened.

• Love 2

I don't mind Kim and I believe her with the stroke business. However, Kim much like the Kardashians does that waist cincher thing, excessive Botox and diet pills (or at least she use to hawk them) I can't help but believe wearing one of the waist cinchers cannot be good for the circulatory system.  My guess is she will be back next cycle if not next week on DWTS.  With the lack of recognizable names on DWTS it seems like it is time to bend the rules.  The next RH up for a spot will be Teresa Giudice.

• Love 1

I doubt she's very upset that she can't come back to DWTS.  The only time Kim really cares about "making her own money" is when she can get paid to just be her lazy, vain, crude self, in a safe place like her home where she doesn't have to face tough questions or scrutiny from anyone.  The second she started to feel the women closing in on her during her Real Housewives of Atlanta stint, she bailed on the spot.  Gone, poof, nothing left but skid marks.  She knows that her entire persona is smoke, mirrors, wigs, Botox, plastic surgery and false bravado, and I have found in life that people who feel insecure because they don't really have a lot to offer as a person tend to do exactly what Kim does - surround themselves with people who won't challenge them, cut themselves off from anyone who dares to have a poor opinion of them (usually calling those people judgmental), and laser focus on their appearance.  Kim's talents are seducing men so that they spend enormous amounts of money on her, and getting pregnant.  One of those things is just dumb luck, and the other is something she is proud of, but only to a certain point - if she was really okay with the reality of her relationship with Big Poppa she never would have bothered with the whole "look, he gave me an engagement ring and wants to marry me" farce.  She wanted to look legit, and not like the side piece that she was, so as much as she claims not to care what people think of her, the opposite is true.  Looking like a fool on DWTS must have been a nightmare for her, and now she can always say, "Well, I went out there and was making my own money, and I ALMOST DIED, so from now on it's best that I just spend money, sip my Solo cup wine, get more pig botulism injected into my face, wear a medieval device to squeeze my intestines into a more appealing shape, find another reason to go under the knife and take up smoking again.  I'm a mother of 6, I don't need to be taking risks with my health and safety!"

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 8

I commend you for being heartless and cynical. After all, this is Kim we're talking about.

I think kim realized she got in way over her head. Even her hot body and fresh face surgery can't save her from looking like a complete fool on DWTS. The girl can't dance...bye Wig!

She did look like a fool trying to dance, especially that first one which has to go down as one of the worst dances on the show ever and that's saying something.  She got a lower score than Gary Busey and he's a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.  Kind of humiliating the way they kicked her off though, she looked like she didn't see the boot coming at all.  She should have quit before they fired her.

• Love 1

The second she started to feel the women closing in on her during her Real Housewives of Atlanta stint, she bailed on the spot. Gone, poof, nothing left but skid marks.

Kenya was her undoing, she knew she couldn't keep up. Neither could NeNe. Still amazes me to this day how many women have run from Kenya. :)

• Love 2

I don't doubt that Kim had a medical emergency. But I DO think that if she knew they weren't going to let her back on the show, she would have flown regardless of anything a doctor said. She wants her face on TV and the money that comes with it.

I really think she thought, "Hey, they'll cut me some slack this week and I can come back and get all those sympathy votes! How can people NOT vote for the girl who is dancing after just having a stroke?!?"

I truly think she would have been on a plane if she knew that plan wouldn't work.

Because they come and go. I'm telling you wierdest thing. I was sitting on my couch and my right side just went. I had to be carried to the car. By the time we got to the hospital I was fine. It lasted maybe 20 minutes. They gave me tests, kept me overnight, sent me home. They day after I got home it happened again. Once again I was fine by the time I got to the hospital.  To make a long story short, I am HIV pos and the meds I take weakened and enlarged my heart, so I  have cardiomyopathy. This caused the TIA's . Since the treat the cardiomyopathy with Atenolol and Fosinopril, I don't need blood thinner. Although I have a vague recolection of maybe taking  Plavix for a little while

Bottom Line, you can have a scary messed up TIA and be fine 20 minutes later

I hope you're doing well today and that you haven't had any more events of this type because this sounds absolutely terrifying.   And, because you haven't lied to us before, totally credible.  

See I don't mind crazy, you can tell from that there <---- fake hair doesn't bother me lol, the too much nails, makeup, all that, whatever you want to look like to make you feel better about you, mazel.   This here is some next level shit though.  I can't even be properly compassionate, if applicable, because I'm too busy remembering that "recovering" from benign cancer test results is not a thing.  How messed up is it that I hope she did have an episode?  Damn, I mean the specific flavor of fucked up she'd have to be to use that for any reason, but to quit a job?  Girl bye, my mind can't even drive down that street. 

I don't know, I don't live my whole life on FB but even if I did, I do know that my first or last well/conscious thought wouldn't be hey these electrodes are pretty cool, I should probably get a shot of that.   She's 37 years old, that's just too adolescent-regressive an idea to occur to a grown. ass. woman.

On a positive note, she's really pretty and about 1000 years younger/less hooka (™ N. Leakes) looking without the barbie hair and war paint.

WQ, I'm sorry about your furbaby, how are you doing now?

• Love 4

Thanks, ZW.  I am wallowing, but otherwise doing well.  I am fortunate enough to have a couple of very nice PTV friends who have been seeing me through it.  ;-)

I saw the dance that Kim was slated to do, performed by her partner and another dancer.  I doubt she could have managed it, even if she'd trained for 6 months.

• Love 4