Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Farewell, My Bunny

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

Honestly the best part of the episode was Joe finding all of the totems.   That was all kinds of funny,

It was also about time that the false name thing was dealt with.  

Somewhat surprised that the flashback didn't show Love kill her husband.  Surprised and disappointed if I am being honest.  

• Love 13

It really sucks that Love ended up believing Joe more than Candace. I know that they ended things, but she still decided to not take Candace seriously about the stuff that she told her. It's frustrating to see Joe get away with it again. It sucks to see him so good at lying that he can fool Love. 

The only hope I have is that she actually did believe Candace, but that's unlikely. It's rough to see Forty also be supportive of Joe but, like Will, has gone onto calling Joe a good person, which only feeds Joe's narrative. 

I liked the flashbacks with Love and her husband. I'm still waiting on some twist there. It seems too easy that things just ended because he got sick. At this point, now that I know that Joe will continue to do really evil stuff, I don't mind if Love has some dark past of her own. Her whole family is kind of messed up, so it makes sense if Love is too. She can never be as bad as Joe. 

I had a good laugh at Joe and Rachel. 

• Love 6

I swear, I totally thought that Love would bash her husband over the head in the flashback with a frying pan or something, I just keep waiting for it. I mean, her whole deal is food, maybe she was actually poisoning her husband over a long period of time? While Joe certainly has it coming, her vengeance food she made for him seemed to be a weirdly intense reaction in how she did it. 

I cracked up at Joe seeing more and more of the totems as the episode went on. Well, you cant beat the donuts! 

Of course Joe manages to still weasel his way out of things, while still getting to tell everyone his real name. Sucks that Candace got busted, but at least she got some cash out of it, and didnt get murdered!

• Love 6

I think I missed something - did Love pay Candace to leave town/Forty? I so wish she had taken Candace seriously enough to at least have her PI look into Joe. Hell, I wish she’d just taken it seriously enough to google Beck. It could have led to stories about Benji and Peach. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

"I'm reading too much Chandler."

When love said "Like shit?" I was hoping she had actually used shit. And then when she listened to his explanation and said "That's what makes this so hard" I hoped she had Candace hiding in the room and had put something to knock him out in the cake. Seriously, though, have him investigated. There's proof he went on more than one date with Beck. 

The 7 Totems of LA should have been mentioned earlier instead of all crammed into this episode. And now I shall be researching how often palm trees catch on fire.

I doubt the donuts can't be beat. Does Joe not know the magical power of a Krispy Kreme with the Hot Donut sign on?

I recognized the husband as the guy from Switched at Birth who catfished Emmett. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, bettername2come said:

When love said "Like shit?" I was hoping she had actually used shit. And then when she listened to his explanation and said "That's what makes this so hard" I hoped she had Candace hiding in the room and had put something to knock him out in the cake. Seriously, though, have him investigated. There's proof he went on more than one date with Beck. 

The 7 Totems of LA should have been mentioned earlier instead of all crammed into this episode. And now I shall be researching how often palm trees catch on fire.

I doubt the donuts can't be beat. Does Joe not know the magical power of a Krispy Kreme with the Hot Donut sign on?

I recognized the husband as the guy from Switched at Birth who catfished Emmett. 

I've lived in LA for almost 25 years and So Cal all my life.  I don't think I've ever seen a palm tree on fire just randomly.  If they do catch and are not well maintained they go up like a mofo, which is one reason why all the illegal fireworks are so dangerous. 

Donut Man and their seasonal fruit donuts is a real thing and is way better than Krispy Kreme.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I've lived in LA for almost 25 years and So Cal all my life.  I don't think I've ever seen a palm tree on fire just randomly.  If they do catch and are not well maintained they go up like a mofo, which is one reason why all the illegal fireworks are so dangerous.

I was just telling my mom about the LA totems and mentioned never having seen a palm tree on fire. Her reply, "What do you mean? Don't you remember your dad setting the palm tree in the backyard on fire on the fourth of July?"

So I have seen a palm tree on fire, after all.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2019 at 8:05 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Honestly the best part of the episode was Joe finding all of the totems.   That was all kinds of funny,

I know!

Love looks terrible with bangs. I'm glad she ditched that.

I love Joe's stalker baseball cap. Like that's such a disguise!

On 1/1/2020 at 11:52 PM, bettername2come said:

Or a Danish cruller from my favorite bakery in my hometown.

• Love 2

I lived in LA and the OC for almost 20 years and saw four of the seven totems.  Saw a roller blader in booty shorts skating on the boardwalk at Venice Beach while talking on a cell phone the first week I was there. It was unusual at the time because cell phones weren't ubiquitous back then.

Doughnut shops, on the other hand, were ubiquitous, but other than that huge one on the roof of Randy's, there was nothing special about their product.  However, I grew up in the Southeast with a Krispy Kreme in my town which, in retrospect, I took for granted - I was more of a Dunkin guy.

• Love 1

I find it very unbelievable that Joe being Beck's boyfriend for a lot longer than one date wouldn't be something that one could easily find with a simple Google search. They could have had Love disbelieve Candace's accusations without Joe coming up with this blatant lie. Mind you, I suspect Love is actually a sociopath herself (or at least has skeletons in the closet) because the writers love plot twists, so maybe she didn't fully believe it.

Candace showing up at Joe's apartment and Delilah helping us basically search it by proxy was also rather hard to believe. So was Candace's landlady immediately buying Joe's excuse for breaking and entering. How hard is it to call the tenant when someone claiming to be their boyfriend/girlfriend is trying to break in? I still love the black comedy of Joe's narration and will keep watching but the show is becoming ever more unrealistic and contrived, alas. Not that it was particularly grounded in reality in the first place, mind you, but ever since Peach's death the bodies and silly plot twists have been racking up, it reminds me of Pretty Little Liars, the late seasons.

Joe being so indignant about Candace being alive and stalking him was so funny. By far the best thing in this show is his totally deluded, hypocritical narration, like when he criticized Forty's script for being anti-feminist. Dude, you are a stalker who kills his girlfriends! Could you be any more hypocritical?

• LOL 4
On 1/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, bettername2come said:

I'm sorry, I'm late to the discussion and have nothing of substance to add except that I strongly and respectfully disagree on the donuts.  I think KK is mostly a creature of marketing, the donuts from mom and pop places in so. Cal are far tastier.  I'd even say old school Winchell's donuts are better.  The place in glendora is real and they have been featured on a number of food shows for their strawberry donuts....which are the bomb dot com. 

I shouldnt be this passionate about donuts, but I think it's one of the things the show gets 100% right.  Never saw a burning palm tree though, which is lucky because if I'd seen all seven totems I wouldn't have been allowed to move!

• Useful 1
On 1/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, ErinV said:

Joe’s reading of the line “Spoke too soon” in response to Forty asking if he was a self-hating Jew was hilarious 😂

I cracked up at his inner monologue, when Candace’s landlady had him tied up, too.  

I think Love killed Candace, and I also thought she was poisoning her husband, in the flashbacks.  

• Love 3
On 12/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, TaraS1 said:

I think I missed something - did Love pay Candace to leave town/Forty? I so wish she had taken Candace seriously enough to at least have her PI look into Joe. Hell, I wish she’d just taken it seriously enough to google Beck. It could have led to stories about Benji and Peach. 

I think that may be coming. At least I hope so.

So far this season has been kinda dull compared to last season. I’m wishing Love had some skeletons too, because this isn’t interesting if Candace is really gone. I wanted her to get revenge on Joe! At least be a worthy adversary.