Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

Now the Sun (not a good source, but that's about all that's out there) claims Amy posted a family picture with Michael, and I'm guessing this was all a storyline.   Between the 'divorce' and all of the issues with that, then I guess we know what next season will look like.  

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7739235/1000-lb-sisters-amy-slatons-post-estranged-husband/

Tammy's romance, house purchase, and continued recovery, is another.   Along with Chris getting skin removal, and his wife wanting to lose weight too.   

I wasted an hour watching the clip show last night, boring doesn't even begin to describe it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
21 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Reddit is saying Tammy has removed photos of Caleb on social media and has gone back to her maiden name.  

I had a nightmare last night that Caleb was squatting in my home and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of him!! I watched the recap episode and had read a couple of articles about people with squatters. It was terrifying. 

• LOL 19
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Reddit is saying Tammy has removed photos of Caleb on social media and has gone back to her maiden name.  

Shocking. Just shocking. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

Also,  Tammy bought a house.

Tammy bought a house, or did Tammy & Caleb buy a house? Or for that matter, maybe just Caleb? And it's only two bedroom & Amy & two small kids are living there. Where is Caleb supposed to fit?

• LOL 2
33 minutes ago, GaT said:

Where is Caleb supposed to fit?

Caleb may never get out of rehab.  Has he lost any weight at all?  He didn't come out of his room for a year (or was it two?).  Did he lose any weight in that time?  Probably not.  And the rumor is that he hasn't made any effort to move to a rehab center closer to where Tammy lives.  Coupling that with Tammy removing him from social media makes me think it's all over and done with.  Of course, as was brought up earlier, the wedding allegedly took place without a marriage license, so if that's so, at least Tammy won't have the stress of going through a divorce procedure or annulment.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Didn’t Amy and Michael buy their house? Why wouldn’t she stay in it and Michael leave? Where would Tammy get the money for a house when supposedly everything she had was going towards rehab? Amy living with Tammy and the two kids is the worst thing for her. She will always be taking care of Tammy and doing her bidding even if Tammy is more mobile now. 

• Like 3

There's a discussion on Reddit about some guy named Josh who was on The Bachelorette ten years ago (one episode) who has allegedly made a career of contacting women from reality shows (I guess to extend his 15 minutes of fame).  He apparently posted on his Instagram that he's going to visit Amy.  If true, I guess he's hoping for some screen time next season.  I hope Amy doesn't fall for it, but of course she will.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 1/5/2023 at 11:10 AM, chenoa333 said:

I would think that taking care of a toddler, a baby and a home would burn some calories. I guess not.

Well, she justifies her eating choices with the "facts" that chasing a toddler and lifting two kids is "hard work and exercise". Most of us just consider those activities "Motherhood" and not an excuse to indulge in...whatever. We've seen what she eats and craves.

• Like 6
(edited)

I'm amazed that Amy keeps ignoring all of the rules about what to eat, how much, and ends up in the ER with both pregnancies  from overeating.  Then, she wants her surgery changed to gastric bypass.  Has she ever heard of 'dumping' syndrome with that?  The side effects from bypass are much more severe if you cheat, and you know she will. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
On 3/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, mmecorday said:

I'm just waiting for Tammy to meet someone online who lives in, say, Dubai, and she moves there to marry him. Also, he's a little person. And a mama's boy. With 18 siblings. 

The Mother Of All Mashups!

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

I'm just waiting for Tammy to meet someone online who lives in, say, Dubai, and she moves there to marry him. Also, he's a little person. And a mama's boy. With 18 siblings. 

The Roloff son is taken. Maybe there are Duggar and Bates boys available. Add sister wife.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

https://okmagazine.com/p/amy-slatons-ex-michael-halterman-turn-in-firearms-domestic-abuse-case/

This has some new information, some of it disturbing like him discipling the boys. It said he has no job. Maybe he quit after the show money came in.

If Michael had "words" with a sister, you can bet it was Amanda, who just divorced Michael's brother.  More children from a broken home....what a shame.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

This has some new information, some of it disturbing like him discipling the boys.

OMG, it says: "When disciplining the boys he hits too hard. He pulls them by the arm," the mom-of-two continued."  So he hits two babies?  I hope CPS has been notified by the police.  I wonder if alcohol or other substances is involved.  Michael always seemed so mellow, at least the parts we've seen on TV.  Never even raised his voice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

OMG, it says: "When disciplining the boys he hits too hard. He pulls them by the arm," the mom-of-two continued."  So he hits two babies?  I hope CPS has been notified by the police.  I wonder if alcohol or other substances is involved.  Michael always seemed so mellow, at least the parts we've seen on TV.  Never even raised his voice

I'm not casting aspersions on either side here, we don't know the truth, but as they say -  there's one side, there's the other side - and there's the truth.  

• Like 10
5 hours ago, slasherboy said:

This article says Michael was ordered out of the house. Weren't we collectively under the impression Amy took the boys and left?

Yes, I wondered about that too, the stories all said Amy moved in with Tammy. I wonder if it's actually Tammy moving in with Amy?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The articles I read, claim Amy and Tammy are living in a 'family home' that other family members lived in.  So, if there is a family home available, why did they both rent the duplex?   

That home was mentioned on the show (by Amanda?), but I'm thinking some other family member(s) may have been living there when Amy and Tammy rented their duplex.  And then it was apparently vacant around the time Tammy needed a home.

Or....

that was a fake narrative, there never was a family home, and the show rented a home for Tammy to come home to.

• Like 3
On 4/10/2023 at 8:43 AM, Gemma Violet said:

That home was mentioned on the show (by Amanda?), but I'm thinking some other family member(s) may have been living there when Amy and Tammy rented their duplex.  And then it was apparently vacant around the time Tammy needed a home.

This sounds right. Amanda said she arranged for Tammy to have the house where Amanda used to live. This article says a family member from the Halterman side helped Tammy out.

There's an article in a post above about Tammy buying a house. Some of the same terminology is used in this article, making it like the same house.

The latest article about Michael says he was ordered to remove his belongings from the house he and Amy shared (which is as it should be if he was abusive) so who knows where anybody is living now.

• Like 3
On 4/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, GaT said:

Yes, I wondered about that too, the stories all said Amy moved in with Tammy. I wonder if it's actually Tammy moving in with Amy?

Maybe she did when the incident happened. Took the boys and moved in with her sister to get them out of there. An article I read about the recent court ruling said the court ordered him to move out of the house.  I am assuming, then, she moved back into her house with the kids and he has to move his possessions out.  She is allowed to have a third-party there while he enters the premises to get his possessions.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
50 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

A few tidbits about the split-up:

So,  not only doesn't Amy listen to her doctors, she doesn't listen to the judge either.

• Like 4

I really wonder if this is a storyline for the show, and that Amy and Michael will get back together? Or if they were ever really separated.    I'm guessing that the split up (which wasn't), and Tammy leaving rehab are season 5 storylines. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Just a bunch of blah blah blah to me....

This confuses me because I got the feeling Michael does a lot for Amy as he moves around easier than her. 

• Like 3
On 3/3/2023 at 11:36 AM, magemaud said:

Michael, in ...

Walmart, of course! I wonder who that is that is covered up? It looks like The Grim Reaper

Michael, in disguise...

On 3/4/2023 at 4:22 PM, magemaud said:

Even if Amy confirmed the split, it still could be a publicity stunt. 

Maybe Amy gets a lot of romantic offers in her DMs and is actually considering someone?

Edited by Chalby
  • LOL 4

Two new articles. There's some overlap but different info from both.  Bright red head Tammy was buying food from McDonalds. Does Tammy drive? She appears in the passenger seat and Amy was said to be in the back. She was at Walmart vaping on the scooter and on oxygen. Pics of that and Amy and boys.

Info about her house: 

According to records obtained by The U.S. Sun, the home has been in the Slaton's extended family's name since 2004.

A member from the Halterman side of the family decided to help out Tammy with a new home after her old place was tragically broken into and robbed, a source previously told The U.S. Sun.

The family member is letting Tammy take over the modest two-bedroom, one-bathroom space.

Tammy's new home, which is located about ten miles from her former crib, covers a modest 1,372 square feet.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7856166/tammy-slaton-vaping-smoking-walmart-oxygen-tank-photos/

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7872255/sisters-tammy-slaton-nothing-wrong-eating-mcdonalds-vaping/

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Hot damn, nothing better than spending Easter Sunday at Walmart & McDonald's!   I feel sorry for those poor kids, growing up without a live-in dad with Amy & Tammy.  They'll both need gastric bypasses by the time they're 18. Not to mention that vaping produces toxic smoke & does Amy still smoke cigarettes?  Absolute abuse.   I truly truly hope Michael & Amy can reconcile their differences so these kids have a better shot. Sad sad sad.  

• Like 8
On 4/8/2023 at 7:53 PM, Gemma Violet said:

OMG, it says: "When disciplining the boys he hits too hard. He pulls them by the arm," the mom-of-two continued."  So he hits two babies?  I hope CPS has been notified by the police.  I wonder if alcohol or other substances is involved.  Michael always seemed so mellow, at least the parts we've seen on TV.  Never even raised his voice.

Michael always seemed so brain dead too.

• Like 4
On 4/8/2023 at 10:53 PM, Gemma Violet said:

The way I read this quote, Amy isn’t complaining that Michael hits the boys - it’s that he hits too hard. So, hitting is ok with her if it isn’t “too hard”? That doesn’t speak well of Amy's parenting judgement, either. Those kids are in for a tough life.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

The boys sure look like their father, and that is a good thing in my opinion. I am not saying anyone should beat their kids, but the older boy sure is busy while on camera, and would test my very last nerve.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Meh said:

but the older boy sure is busy while on camera, and would test my very last nerve.

Yeah I get your point and agree. But aren't there things parents can do for or with small children to keep them intellectually and physically stimulated?

I think Amy is too busy with all of her SM so she can keep this carnival act going and has little patience to spend quality time with her kids. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I wonder if Amy even knows what "quality time with the kids" actually means.

It's  probably the kids watching her fart and burp while filming her You Tube, IG, Tik Tok and all SM videos. She probably takes numerous naps throughout the day.

Is Michael still living there? I can't imagine Amy taking care of those 2 kids by herself.  Something isn't  adding up here. Maybe Tammy will be moving in with her? Not a very compelling storyline but this is TLC.

So far I have not learned anything ever from The Learning Channel. Except how to change channels asap!

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 4/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, Jst2Wld said:

But aren't there things parents can do for or with small children to keep them intellectually and physically stimulated?

Do you seriously think Amy (or Michael, for that matter) knows how to stimulate her children either intellectually or physically? This is Amy we're talking about.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 4/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, Chalby said:

Maybe Amy gets a lot of romantic offers in her DMs and is actually considering someone?

Sorry gang, I have no idea what happened. Unless I sat on the "submit" button... But I feel like I should type, "Michael in disguise" once more, lol.

• LOL 8