Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly is practically a family annihilator: If she can't have Jason, no one can. 

I did have to laugh at Jason telling her him falling in love with Britt was 'different.'  I took that to mean Jason has absolutely no interest in ever banging Carly again, much to her eternal disappointment.

If I didn't love it so much, I'd probably roll my eyes at the faster-than-the-speed-of-light 180 attitude change of the townsfolk towards Nina.  Of course now all that hate has been redirected at Ava, which I don't love, either, so I guess it's a draw.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Soooo... does Jason saying it's a mistake for him to try to pick up anything from the past mean Carly has no shot at him again? 

I think that was part of the message to Carly because of the way she was talking about his life. He's not interested in being romantically involved with Carly and he and Sam are long over. 

• Like 4

Those scenes on the bridge (FUCK YOU FRANK!) (While it's no longer that original beautiful stone bridge, THAT IS JASON AND ROBIN'S BRIDGE!)) just exposed what a pathetic piece of shit Cujo is. "I didn't want you to love anyone but me" is pure BULLSHIT. Bitch, Jason was never in love with you. He 

• Fucked you, then stopped when informed he couldn't do that and still be in a relationship with Robin-and he CHOSE Robin
  • Humored you, tolerated you for YEARS and put up with your shenanigans out some distorted loyalty
  • Has only been in love with three women: ROBIN (his TRUE LOVE*), ELIZABETH, and okay Sam, and SWSNBN, but I never bought that last one. It was just another way to make AJ look bad and deny him happiness. And maybe he was starting to with Britt, but Cujo put a stop to that right quick with 'we gotta git marrit so Wu and the other Families won't killz me!' Nonsense.

*I will DIE on that HILL FOREVAH, even though I loathe and detest Jason now.

I hate how this show has regressed and continues to regress more and more every day and year with these ridonkulous storylines. Was Elton John ever cancelled? Or Little Richard? Clay? Ricky Martin?

Was Blaze's label some bigoted Aryan label that purported to be "one of the best" out there? I mean, morality clause?!

I'm not denying what's happening in the real world these days, but this is just ridiculous, considering how many LGBTQ+ entertainers there are out there who have thriving and successful careers.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

You know how at work or at home there's that one task that no one wants to do because it is so tedious and ugh but someone volunteers to do it anyway because it absolutely needs to get done? That's how I saw Jason as regards to Carly. SOMEONE has to manage her (and her children) and Jason, in a self-sacrificing mood, took on the task decades ago. She's a chore to him. Dealing with her clingyness and demands is just what he does because it's part of the job/curse of being Carly's anointed BEST FRIEND FOR-EV-EEEER.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not denying what's happening in the real world these days, but this is just ridiculous, considering how many LGBTQ+ entertainers there are out there who have thriving and successful careers.

and that's that's the thing that's really puzzling. 

a LOT of people draw a line in the sand that goes my private personal business is my private personal business. you don't need to know what my sexual preferences are because that's between me and the person i'm having sexual relations with. And yes there are a lot of loud mouthbreathers who will go "WELL YOU SHOULD BE OUT AND PROUD", but to the point your entire career is over?  Like most people would be mad at the mother - not the performer. In most situations there would be an equally huge outpour of support for Allison here. 

like this would make more sense if she was a uber conservative country/christian singer so it would make sense that there is a "whoa, wait a moment?" moment. which i would think would have been a good story. 

29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cujo put a stop to that right quick with 'we gotta git marrit so Wu and the other Families won't killz me!' Nonsense.

small favours that they didn't re-pick up on that stupid thread. 

2 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

She's a chore to him. Dealing with her clingyness and demands is just what he does because it's part of the job/curse of being Carly's anointed BEST FRIEND FOR-EV-EEEER.

it really is true. there are a lot of times when Carly goes "I love you." "you're my best friend." "you help me count to 10." and you just see this look of... not so much annoyance, but resignation as he drones on "I love you too." "the same." etc. 

even as much as it pisses me off that he provides for Carly more than his kids etc - even that makes sense (once you cool down) because it's basically ingrained in him to do so. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cujo put a stop to that right quick with 'we gotta git marrit so Wu and the other Families won't killz me!' Nonsense.

small favours that they didn't re-pick up on that stupid thread. 

I tell myself this was SBu's dealbreaker for returning to the show, heh.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I tell myself this was SBu's dealbreaker for returning to the show, heh.

lol I can get on board w/that theory!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

You know how at work or at home there's that one task that no one wants to do because it is so tedious and ugh but someone volunteers to do it anyway because it absolutely needs to get done? That's how I saw Jason as regards to Carly. SOMEONE has to manage her (and her children) and Jason, in a self-sacrificing mood, took on the task decades ago. She's a chore to him. Dealing with her clingyness and demands is just what he does because it's part of the job/curse of being Carly's anointed BEST FRIEND FOR-EV-EEEER.

I will always believe that, if Michael didn't exist, Carly would never be nearly as important to Jason as she is. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

just exposed what a pathetic piece of shit Cujo is. "I didn't want you to love anyone but me" is pure BULLSHIT. Bitch, Jason was never in love with you. He 

• Humored you, tolerated you for YEARS and put up with your shenanigans out some distorted loyalty
  • Has only been in love with three women: ROBIN (his TRUE LOVE*), ELIZABETH, and okay Sam, and SWSNBN, but I never bought that last one. It was just another way to make AJ look bad and deny him happiness. And maybe he was starting to with Britt, but Cujo put a stop to that right quick with 'we gotta git marrit so Wu and the other Families won't killz me!' Nonsense.

*I will DIE on that HILL FOREVAH, even though I loathe and detest Jason now.

I think Carly actually knows Jason was never in love with her, but always deluded herself into believing if the woman he was romantically interested in (ex. Robin, Elizabeth, Britt) he came to believe or accept was not an option for whatever reason, he would fall in love with her. 

I've always believed he humored, tolerated and protected Carly because of his love for Michael, and later on because of Michael's attachment to his siblings. SB's acting convinced me Jason feels significant guilt in retrospect that Michael's life was never safe starting with the choices he and Carly made when Michael was a baby.

I agree that Robin and Elizabeth are/have been his two great loves. With the way Jason and Sam started out (Sonny/affair), the incidents with baby Jake, and Jason just not appearing very invested in Sam and Danny during SB's last run on the show, I didn't buy they were a grand love story. 

Since he didn't mention Elizabeth at all while they were on the bridge, and Jason's behavior when he's around Elizabeth, I am under the impression he has remaining feelings for her that he has not addressed so far due to this stupid Pikeman storyline and her dealing with breaking up with Finn.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I will always believe that, if Michael didn't exist, Carly would never be nearly as important to Jason as she is. 

Jason has said as much to Carly.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

And typical Cujo, not telling Jason that she's been continuing to go see Brennan to get his "advice" on what to do.

When he finds out, he'll roll his eyes, yell, then tell her to stop. She'll shriek and shed crocodile tears, promise to never do it again, and then go back to tell Brennan she's no longer in danger of going to prison.

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason has said as much to Carly.

which made the whole thing about the wedding "I always loved you." made me vomit. you did not you big liar. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's zero doubt that there are artists that would be cancelled because of their sexual orientation, but this story is dumb on so many levels. First, it felt like the Perez Hilton days when his vile ass was outing LGBTQ+ on his blog. Second, it's not early to mid-2000s. If someone is outed the way Blaze was, people would be outraged and defend her. And if her label terminated her contract because they're ass backward, then another label would pick her up. Natalia wouldn't run to Sonny to start a new label for the benefit of her cash cow.

GH's writing has not evolved. In fact, it feels like it was more progressive back when they were doing the HIV storyline or Monica's cancer and talking about things people kept very private or felt were taboo. When it comes to LGBTQ+ stories, GH just sucks. Either they don't want to write them, but feel they have to, so they half-ass them, or they are a network mandate and they half-ass them.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

You know how at work or at home there's that one task that no one wants to do because it is so tedious and ugh but someone volunteers to do it anyway because it absolutely needs to get done? That's how I saw Jason as regards to Carly. SOMEONE has to manage her (and her children) and Jason, in a self-sacrificing mood, took on the task decades ago. She's a chore to him.

So looking after Carly is like cleaning a toilet?

• LOL 17

Highlight of the episode: Tracy's face when James said "ride share."🤣 I liked the way she spoke to Gio too. It makes his useless character seem like he could have potential.

Nice of Laura to lie to her comatose daughter about Charlotte. Does she even know Charlotte just came to Port Charles?

Great Laura-Dante scenes. He's sweet to her. But is the show trying to retcon Laura's history as a mom? I don't recall tea parties with Lulu. She spent some time with toddler brunette Lulu, and then when GF left the show, Grandma Lesley raised Lulu until JMB was cast as teen Lulu. With the addition of today's scenes at the clinic, I feel like I am about to be crushed by the anvils that Lulu will wake up sometime after Lucky comes home.

I had to laugh that Carly's dumb butt doesn't get he's insulting her by explaining why he decided to be an FBI informant and why she doesn't owe him anything. Her obsession with being a "team" with Jason and the way she looks at him is so pathetic.

I'm a little shocked that a Joss-Trina scene actually focused on Trina.

😂 at the preview of John/Jagger telling Jason he's not done with him.

• Like 6
(edited)

The three things I came away with are that James deserves a spanking for doing what he did, that Carly will never stop telling whoever wants to hear it that Jason sacrificed three years of his life for her, and that Charlotte is not a stable kid no matter what Laura says. She never was, she never will be.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But is the show trying to retcon Laura's history as a mom? I don't recall tea parties with Lulu. She spent some time with toddler brunette Lulu, and then when GF left the show, Grandma Lesley raised Lulu until JMB was cast as teen Lulu

Yes. Which is par for the course with Frank.

20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

😂 at the preview of John/Jagger telling Jason he's not done with him.

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I agree that Robin and Elizabeth are/have been his two great loves. With the way Jason and Sam started out (Sonny/affair), the incidents with baby Jake, and Jason just not appearing very invested in Sam and Danny during SB's last run on the show, I didn't buy they were a grand love story. 

Since he didn't mention Elizabeth at all while they were on the bridge, and Jason's behavior when he's around Elizabeth, I am under the impression he has remaining feelings for her that he has not addressed so far due to this stupid Pikeman storyline and her dealing with breaking up with Finn.

Co-sign on this.  Robin and Elizabeth were his two great loves.  I agree he was also in love with Sam, but it started out really intensely and might have been more of a trauma bond.  His relationships with Robin and Elizabeth evolved more organically.  With Carly, I think he loves her but it’s more of an obligation.  Definitely not “in” love with her.  He might have been starting to fall in love a million years ago but that all ended when she decided to fuck Sonny behind his back.  I honestly don’t think he was ever in love with “the other one”.  I never saw any chemistry whatsoever between them.

Steve seems to come to life a little when he works with Becky (kind of like Mo when he works with Cynthia).   I wouldn’t mind them going there, especially with JJ returning.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Ugh, James. The poor kid always looks like he's terrified and on the verge of tears, expecting some sort of punishment if he messes up his lines.

I wonder if Laura visiting Lulu is to prep for JJ's return and/or we're getting a recast. GF and DZ were great together. It's ridiculous Laura and Dante have so little interaction. 

Jason, you know Carly LOVED the power Sonny had. She was the one who always crowed she was the only woman who could deal with it, so enough with the "you shouldn't have to pay for the choices Sonny and I made." 

19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But is the show trying to retcon Laura's history as a mom?

Not necessarily, but Lesley did a lot of the heavy lifting raising Lulu. And Spencer, for that matter. It's obviously a Port Charles tradition for parents to foist their kids onto their grandparents.

I also feel like Trina is rewriting history a bit with Spencer, but then, I've never thought he was as great of a boyfriend as the show told me he was. Also, has she not heard of the five stages of grief? Anger is one of them.

The very least Joss can do is let Trina talk to her about Spencer, with the way Joss went on and on about Oscar.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The very least Joss can do is let Trina talk to her about Spencer, with the way Joss went on and on about Oscar.

what? and be mature and sympathetic and think about someone not herself? that's against the Carlys Handbook!

actually looking at this Gio dude - he looks so much like NAC... why didn't they just recast him as Spencer?

• Like 4

If there was a picture in the dictionary beside 'filler episode' this would be it. There were some nice moments (Laura and Dante) but nothing moved an inch. Not even JE can made Gio worthwhile to me although she certainly tried. And in the end Carly and Jason reinforced their true devotin to each other.

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

even as much as it pisses me off that he provides for Carly more than his kids etc - even that makes sense (once you cool down) because it's basically ingrained in him to do so. 

What a sap though to continue doing it for 30 years, giving up his chances for love, giving up his relationships with his sons, giving up his life in Port Charles because he felt responsible for Michael 30 years ago. This is the show's hero?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

what? and be mature and sympathetic and think about someone not herself? that's against the Carlys Handbook!

actually looking at this Gio dude - he looks so much like NAC... why didn't they just recast him as Spencer?

I think Valenti saw the kid's headshot and resume and thought "Looks like Chavez and is musical like Lipton. Two for the price of one. Can't beat that!" and told the writers to create a character.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I actually liked the episode because I enjoy character-building scenes.  But maybe it would be better to integrate them with scenes that advance at least one storyline into the same episode, so there would be something for everyone.

I really liked the scenes between Laura and Dante.  Unless I zoned out, which is entirely possible, I don't think they connected the dots between Dante observing Danny with his long absent father and Dante's newly increased angst over Rocco's emotional state about his long-absent mother.  But it would have been nice. 

Tracy is going through a late life evolution, which is interesting to see unfold.  But I think she needs a means of overtly reflecting on it.  Stella is MIA, but I would settle for Tracy talking it out with an unseen heavenly Gregory while she sits on his memorial bench.  

Gio and I share opinions on "the city", pizza, Arthur Ave. and the Mets, so I'm liking him more already.  Loved Tracy bemusedly telling him that he was supposed to be afraid of her, and he responding with a disarming grin.  I'm liking both this relationship and the one with Cody.

Trina is emotionally exactly where most people in her circumstance would be, and it was nice to see the supportive friendship between the two young women.  I won't complain if Trina falls into friendship with Gio, and then we can see where it goes.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jason just told Carly he was always in love with her cuz he knew she HAD to hear it to go through with the wedding that would save all their lives. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  

Wow, they gave Lulu a whole arm, she's definitely waking up. I laughed at Laura telling Lulu how she had so much going on and needed her. Lulu was probably in there thinking, "Bitch, you think YOU got problems!!" 😁

Okay, I've been thinking this forever, but I'm just gonna say it: Those tiny turtle doves were a shit gift! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Oh Good Lord. This is the THIRD child actor with a fracking’ LISP! Started with child Spencer, then Violet, and Now James. It’s automatic fast forward with his Why Why not? His ass needs to be grounded.

So much fast forwarding today. And whoopee- more yelling next week.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the Tracy/Gio scenes.  JE really showing how much chemistry she has with a wide variety of actors.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But is the show trying to retcon Laura's history as a mom? I don't recall tea parties with Lulu.

I have zero problem with this.  It's not like they were saying something like "remember how you two used to go to Europe every summer."  It's entirely believable they had tea parties in their kitchen.  We'll know Lulu's on her way back when she graduates from 'arm on bed' to 'wig on a stick.'  

Carly is exhausting.  If this show is ever cancelled it should be revealed Jason actually died in that car accident in 1996 and he's been living in a circle of Hell where all he does is have to fix Carly's mistakes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, JMO said:

I won't complain if Trina falls into friendship with Gio, and then we can see where it goes

He’s got the hots for Josslyn 

• Angry 1

A body actually was paid for Lulu, she's got to be coming back to land of living soon..

Tracy was always best part. Liked her reaction to James Ubering it and climbing out his window. Even good with Gio. 

• Like 2

Maybe Lulu's revival is the thing that brings Lucky back. It would be nice if his return is for a family reason. Her absence bugs me as much as Lucky's at this point, even if girl reporter Lulu did get a little much for a while. 

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I have zero problem with this.  It's not like they were saying something like "remember how you two used to go to Europe every summer."  It's entirely believable they had tea parties in their kitchen. 

Yes, but for Lulu to remember tea parties and other great things Laura did as a mom implies that Lulu was an older child when her mother went to Shady Brooke/GF left the show and Grandma Lesley took her in. IIRC, Lulu was no older than about 5 years old when Laura had the breakdown. 

• Like 1

Sending Laura to ShadyBrook/turning her into a wig on a stick was such a terrible, disrespectul and odious thing to do to the character and actress that if they want to retcon it I would support that. Jason and Sonny get retconned heroically al the time. Laura deserves at least as positive treatment at this point. They can't retcon the Julie Berman era, but I'm fine if they fudge the SORAS a bit and have Lulu have some memories of Laura as a child.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly is exhausting.  If this show is ever cancelled it should be revealed Jason actually died in that car accident in 1996 and he's been living in a circle of Hell where all he does is have to fix Carly's mistakes.

Jason doesn't need to die to be in a circle of hell—he's fixing Carly's mistakes anyway. And it's of his own choosing, so it's fitting he's living it now.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 7/17/2024 at 11:28 PM, mbluecpa said:

I doubt that anyone will top Tracy/JE on my “I’ll watch any scene they’re in” list but damn if Maxie/KS is coming very close.

Yep - it's magic when talented vets meet good writing. Which doesn't happen much on GH. KSt has really transitioned Maxie into one of the show's essential, and she's been on fire lately as the mature voice of reason. Who would have thunk it? And because it can't be said enough, JE can do NO wrong.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And on a totally different subject, this morning, as I waited for my Peppermint Mocha/No Whip, the song that played at the Disco where Luke raped Laura started playing. Like...whuuuuut? I did NOT need those scenes playing through my mind!

My Dad brought me up listening Jazz, so I knew Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass from the late 60s/early 70s. It always irked me that with Herb's brilliant songbook, it took GH and the Disco "seduction" scene (with Herb's "Rise" playing in the background) for him to attain mega-fame status.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Good Lord. This is the THIRD child actor with a fracking’ LISP! Started with child Spencer, then Violet, and Now James. It’s automatic fast forward with his Why Why not? His ass needs to be grounded.

I assumed this boy got cast as James because he looks like he really could be the son of Maxie/KSt. And the sneaking out because he's determined to get what he wants/fix the problem is a very young Maxie thing to do. 

10 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

They can't retcon the Julie Berman era, 

If the show actually does go through with waking up Lulu, I would prefer her to cast again. Berman was believable as the daughter of Luke and Laura, and she worked well with JJ, GF and B Herbst. I was not a fan of ER's Lulu. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

It always irked me that with Herb's brilliant songbook, it took GH and the Disco "seduction" scene (with Herb's "Rise" playing in the background) for him to attain mega-fame status.

Alpert wasn't exactly unknown before "Rise." Admittedly, I'm an oldz, but I remember nearly all of my friends' parents had at least one Tijuana Brass album, and we'd listen to them. He was also one of the founders of A&M Records and didn't do too badly with that venture. 

"Rise" brought him to a more contemporary audience, definitely.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

KSt has really transitioned Maxie into one of the show's essential, and she's been on fire lately as the mature voice of reason. Who would have thunk it?

If only she didn't come with Spinelli attached to her. 

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If the show actually does go through with waking up Lulu, I would prefer her to cast again. Berman was believable as the daughter of Luke and Laura, and she worked well with JJ, GF and B Herbst. I was not a fan of ER's Lulu. 

Is she even acting anymore? I'd love to have her back as Lulu, especially if they're going to put her back with Dante. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The brief Mulcahey era heavily revitalized Maxie for me with good daily dialogue for her for the first time in over a decade, which admittedly helpfully dovetailed with Kirsten's physical and medical recovery IRL after a long, dark period. This is the first time I've found the character vital and not played out in ages. So I'd be down to keep her around and have even begun reviving my age-old Maxie/Michael pairing dream. But at this point they need to recast Michael again, Chad is tired lol.

I do want Lulu back. But I was never a big fan of either Berman or Rylan, so I'd be up for anyone frankly. I do think the reporter thing is a good angle when done right. And in fairness Lulu should have more than a few memories of being raised by Laura - IIRC she was 8-10 when Laura went off to the cracker barrel. They had finally aged her up a bit in Genie's last year or two on the canvas.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1

I do like Maxie, but I'm not sure I can see her with Michael, unless he comes with a new face and a new personality.  Who knows?  In talented hands, many things can happen. 

Speaking of Maxie----are we just going to forget that Mac was off helping Frisco with something?  Shouldn't we be hearing about what that was?  Shouldn't Maxie be wanting to hear more about her father, or at least expressing resentment about him?  It wasn't necessary for them to drop Frisco's name in the first place, so I'm waiting for a denouement.  Unless, of course, the writing crews can't agree on what it is.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I do like Maxie, but I'm not sure I can see her with Michael, unless he comes with a new face and a new personality.  Who knows?  In talented hands, many things can happen. 

My angle on Maxie and Michael (starting about a decade ago, when Chad still had juice) was a sort of an odd couple, screwball thing. Irresponsible flighty Maxie would be in the unlikely position of being the slightly older woman to a more naive and straitlaced upstanding young man. I thought it was inspired, but a long time has passed since. You'd need a new, fresh Michael, and one with a bit more edge and fire now.

I'd forgotten all about the Frisco thing, but then I truly don't care about Frisco.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

If only she didn't come with Spinelli attached to her. 

Is she even acting anymore? I'd love to have her back as Lulu, especially if they're going to put her back with Dante. 

Yesssss my girl can't catch a break in the love department since Nathan died. It's been one horrible man & child after another. I wish this show would stop trying to make fetch happen and end guza's wet dream in Spixie. It wasn't believable the first time its even less believable the 2nd time around. Nothing they say or do will make me ever believe Maxie would be attracted to Spin let alone look at him twice. Georgie yes, Maxie no.

She deserves better than that middle aged asexual man child hermit. Depending on how they write Lucky when JJ comes back & if they're not going back to LnL2, I would like to see them try Maxie and Lucky the right way. The history is there good, bad, talent & chemistry. They were one of the few bright spots of JJ Lucky hedious, tedious(crying, drinking, trauma porn, what happened to the girl I found in the snow which took away from an otherwise good dragging rightfully so considering how offensive, insensitive, disgusting that line was)return that drove JJ away. 

If Jule ever comes back it will be a good damn miracle. She has said she rather waitress then ever come back to GH. No one has come out to say what exactly is/was her problem with GH once she left. I'm helluva curious especially cause Lulu essential got Carly level of writing & favoritism which earned her the name ShrewLu. No one seems aka bloggers to be able to spit it out.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
On 7/19/2024 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Laura visiting Lulu is to prep for JJ's return and/or we're getting a recast.

I think this is the intention. I see the prep signs that I'm sure the show thinks are subtle: Laura mentions to Rocco her memories of "your Uncle Lucky" and Sly playing video games when she was comforting him about Dante being shot; Portia screams at Laura and Elizabeth about them being in-laws and Elizabeth tells Laura "your grandchildren are proud of you"; Aiden has been on-screen several times and mentioned a few times, Charlotte was just on-screen;  Laura tells Dante she's a bit rusty on "exhausting" parenting, but he praises her as a mother to Lulu and now to Ace as well as expresses appreciation to her for being there for Rocco when he was in the hospital. Then he mentions he doesn't know what is best for Rocco/what he needs at this time. This is all more attention focused on Laura's Spencer kids and grandkids in recent days and months than the audience has seen in years. 

My impression is the show is establishing a need for Lucky in Aiden's and Elizabeth's lives now that Finn is out of the picture, in his mother and Kevin's life to help with Ace, and in Dante's life for Rocco and whatever will happen next with Lulu. Also, since the show seems determined to make Dex relevant with the PCPD, I could see Lucky being re-added into the mix there. If Chase is really supposed to be a new mentor and buddy to Dex, then Dante and Lucky could end up being partners again. 

• Like 3
On 7/20/2024 at 1:24 AM, YaddaYadda said:

GH's writing has not evolved. In fact, it feels like it was more progressive back when they were doing the HIV storyline or Monica's cancer and talking about things people kept very private or felt were taboo. When it comes to LGBTQ+ stories, GH just sucks. Either they don't want to write them, but feel they have to, so they half-ass them, or they are a network mandate and they half-ass them.

GH has undeniably regressed when it comes to LGBTQ+ stories. Look at the consequences for Natalia - nada. Her very real prejudices have been brushed aside and the father of her daughter's partner - the target of those comments - now wants to co-fund a record label with her. Her daughter also has no issues with this. Now it's certainly realistic that bigots will cry fake news, they didn't really mean it and it's the person who exposed their bigotry that's really to blame in some topsy-turvy logic, but I don't get the sense that's the message the show is going with.

And you only have to look at Aiden's bullying storyline to know the direction under this new regime. They decided it's too contentious to deal with the homophobic bullying of a child. Let that sink in. Maybe it's a directive from Disney who are visibly backing away from supporting equality; maybe it's prep for Jonathan Jackson's return - I can't see him agreeing to play the supportive dad of a gay teen, and I can't see the show making Lucky push his son to conversion therapy, so the "easiest" fix for them may be to ignore what Aiden said over Christmas (convenient that it was a different actor, why did he get swapped out, hmm?) or maybe even push the narrative that he was "confused" and is actually perfectly straight.

• Angry 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, jsbt said:

I do want Lulu back. But I was never a big fan of either Berman or Rylan, so I'd be up for anyone frankly.

I wasn't a big fan of ER's Lulu, but always had a soft spot for JMB's Lulu. She clicked with every member of the Spencer Clan (and TC's Nikolas) in an authentic way. Some of her scenes with AG were golden. If the actress weren't already committed to a prime-time show, Emily Osment would have been a pitch-perfect Lulu. Like JMB, she actually looks like she could have been L&L's daughter.

On another note, the first thing the writers need to do regarding JJ's return is have Lucky explain his extended absence in a way that makes sense. His departure never really tracked for me, but reading some of the BTS stuff on this board provides a bit of illumination. The previous writers still botched his departure though, perhaps intentionally.

Being a part-time Y&R viewer, one of the things that Soap does very well is bring back legacy characters that have been off the canvas for years. They usually do that in organic, S/L-related ways. Conversely, look at GH - have we really gotten an explanation for why Lois seemingly abandoned her life in Bensonhurst and apparently is staying in Port Chuckles for good?  Don't think we have, and probably never will.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I thought Rena was moving back east? Perhaps that fell through and everyone *in script* is just skipping past it. They shouldn’t, but it’s symptom of a larger problem. 

Many cases over the years, including a very recent one, where I personally think feelings about an actor and/or an actor leaving, came through in story we saw and more importantly did not see that we should have… I get it. I do. But… Unprofessional period. 

I don’t have confidence in the current team and hope something happens before JJ reports, because MB is at retirement age, SB is always a wild card, the show needs a reboot, and JJ is a more than capable lead to build around and at an age where he has kids who benefit from the stability the show affords as does he. He’s had PT with Nashville and the big screen. For their own sake, they best not screw this up with him. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
On 7/19/2024 at 6:48 PM, Artsda said:

Tracy was always best part. Liked her reaction to James Ubering it and climbing out his window. Even good with Gio. 

Always! The scenes with Tracy and Gio were pretty much filler, but it felt to me like the two performers were really enjoying those scenes - and I’m happy to watch that just as much as something that has meaningful plot advancement. 

Whiplashing back to some prior thoughts about whiplash - TJ and Molly?  Haven’t seen them in a while after a previous pretty steady diet of surrogacy and adjacent drama.  I think it’s been two weeks+ since they’ve been on?  The baby’s due in August, though I’d be happy to have them neatly wrap up the story with a happily ever after and move on.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Aymery said:

And you only have to look at Aiden's bullying storyline to know the direction under this new regime. They decided it's too contentious to deal with the homophobic bullying of a child. Let that sink in. Maybe it's a directive from Disney who are visibly backing away from supporting equality; maybe it's prep for Jonathan Jackson's return - I can't see him agreeing to play the supportive dad of a gay teen, and I can't see the show making Lucky push his son to conversion therapy, so the "easiest" fix for them may be to ignore what Aiden said over Christmas (convenient that it was a different actor, why did he get swapped out, hmm?) or maybe even push the narrative that he was "confused" and is actually perfectly straight.

I doubt whatever is going on has anything to do with what JJ is or isn't asking for/agreeing to. JJ's own sister is a public figure and lesbian, married to a woman and they are raising twins. From what I know, the Jacksons are a close family. JJ is also close to Tony Geary (his GH dad, Luke), who lives in Amsterdam with his husband.

Elizabeth and Finn talked on-screen in the spring or early summer about Aiden telling Finn he liked a boy. IMO that's too recent to retcon, although if the show goes for Aiden being bi-sexual that could work too. Aiden has never said he is definitely not attracted to girls at all.  Being bi would absolutely give the son of two legacy families more storyline opportunities in the future. 

The storyline with Aiden was never actually established for the audience to know what was going on. Elizabeth suspected that there could be bullying going on, but as far as I know, there was no follow-up about if she met with the teacher/counselor and what was said. I'm not going to make a judgement when we just don't know what the intentions are for the Aiden character going forward. It could be that they want a more experienced or mature looking actor for Aiden, and it was a bonus that this boy looks more like he could be the son of JJ and B Herbst.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the show is waiting on JJ's return for a real storyline for Aiden that would then involve both of his parents.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Aymery said:

maybe it's prep for Jonathan Jackson's return - I can't see him agreeing to play the supportive dad of a gay teen, and I can't see the show making Lucky push his son to conversion therapy, so the "easiest" fix for them may be to ignore what Aiden said over Christmas (convenient that it was a different actor, why did he get swapped out, hmm?) or maybe even push the narrative that he was "confused" and is actually perfectly straight.

Why wouldn't JJ agree to play that?  He's a supportive brother, in real life, to his sister, who is a lesbian who has been married to a woman for a long time. He's close to AG, who is openly gay. I didn't watch Nashville, but from what I've heard, his character was close friends with someone who was gay. There is literally nothing in how JJ has conducted himself through the years in his personal or professional lives to suggest that he would refuse to play this. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Anna shows what a destroyed character she has become by easily lying to Laura's face when she's frantic that she's unable to get in touch with her granddaughter. She should be ashamed by seeing Laura cry.  How would Anna feel if her friend lied to her about Emma?! 

Laura's line about her children missing/unavailable to her= first direct sign that Lucky will be coming home soon.

Carly hovering around Jason and Danny, being the one to drive Danny home when Jason had to cancel er "re-schedule" their plans, and then going to Anna to yell about John/Jagger shows her Jason obsession, and that she has no real life.  

Sonny, Natalia is NOT "trying to make it right." LOL at Sonny's anger when Michael said it could come up in court that his mom sent Morgan away to school for safety because he got shot in the head and went into a coma. Diane yelling at Sonny was a great moment.

BLQ's big interview achievement is Perez Hilton, ugh.  Kristina, it's not Good Morning America, you will not get to talk all about your new center. 

• Like 1