Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Queen Elizabeth's funeral will be on Monday September 19, so expect the US networks to preempt a lot of programs and cover the funeral in detail and talk about it a whole lot afterwards. Though I guess since there's a 5 hour difference between Eastern Time and the UK, it will depend on when the funeral is in the UK

Edited by DanaK
small spelling error
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Queen Elizabeth's funeral will be on Monday September 19, so expect the US networks to preempt a lot of programs and cover the funeral in detail and talk about it a whole lot afterwards. Though I guess since there's a 5 hour difference between Easter Time and the UK, it will depend on when the funeral is in the UK

Never fear. Even if we miss the live feed, the networks will repeat it most of the day. I’d like to see at least some of the funeral, so that will be good.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Cody is a big waste of time. I hope Ms Woo murders him.
Curtis is so stupid, i hope Ms Woo murders him too. 

Stella tells the truth about the divorce papers. Jordan does "smells the fart" acting. I miss the other Jordan. at least the other Jordan wouldn't be like "you are unbelievable." akin to "please pass the butter."

This divorce thing was stupid. they should have had Jordan/Curtis at constant odds. (or they fell back in love because Portia/Jordan had issues). unless Jordan uses this to get Curtis back. what a waste of a storyline. Curtis found out so he's like How did THIS happen? in such a snot voice. 

Ava and Sonny were the best part of today. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

This divorce thing was stupid.

Especially because, it's not that big a deal.  Just re-submit the papers.  They're acting like that was their ONE CHANCE to get divorced, and now it's like "sorry, you blew it--gotta stay married forever."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Why was Curtis annoyed that Finn told Chase about the engagement? It's not like it's a secret, what with Portia squealing like a teenager every chance she gets.

Wow, DZ looks good in a suit.

Ms. Wu is in the opening credits! Good for Lydia Look!

Why does Sonny care what happened to Esmé? His part in things relating to her have been very limited, and he should be glad she's out of the picture. Ugh, the writers have no idea what to do with anyone.

I so don't care that Stella finally copped to taking the divorce papers, and I so don't care that Jordan and Curtis are still married. It happened so long ago, and as @Cheyenne noted, all they have to do is get the papers to the courthouse. This is not drama, Show.

Elizabeth, don't let that turd Nikolas gaslight you. Ugh, he's so gross.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

I enjoy watching Ms. Wu giving Curtis a hard time.  He's a dumbass for doing business with the mob in the first place.

and why? because he simply couldn't wait for his father to be open with him and let him tell his story at his own pace. he didn't have to know what was in the police record, but he just HAD to know. 

what did it cost you?
EVERYTHING
good.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Cody is a big waste of time. I hope Ms Woo murders him.
Curtis is so stupid, i hope Ms Woo murders him too.

Seriously.  I could live with a storyline that Cody is Mac's secret son but he's such a fail as a character.

The only interest I have in this Curtis divorce story is how he's going to react when he finds out how big a lie Portia told him after dumping Jordan because she withheld police business from him (but probably Curtis won't care because that's Curtis). The only character I care about is Aunt Stella and that's only because of the actress.

Sonny: Ava, the only person you care about is yourself.

Also Sonny:  You came to me to fix it so that Trina wouldn't go to jail.

No interest in Chase and Brook Lynn. Just drop this singing thing already.

I wish the show would stop with Finn's "If it were a disease I could look for a cure but I don't know what to do about Elizabeth." We know already. You feel helpless. Learn to live with it.

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

because he simply couldn't wait for his father to be open with him and let him tell his story at his own pace. he didn't have to know what was in the police record, but he just HAD to know. 

Well at least this show is equal opportunity about men around guys who push people too much, it's not just the women like Liz and Sasha, it's men like Marshall too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Bolded part: Sonny, have ya met your ex-wife?

But, right, he negates that claim in the same conversation, proving, even when he's arguably Better Sonny, he's still Asshole Sonny.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Bolded part: Sonny, have ya met your ex-wife?

Bolded part: Sonny, have ya met yourself?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Bolded part: Sonny, have ya met yourself?

The Corinthii, and Corinthii-adjacent, love to subscribe all the negative traits they themselves have, onto everyone else in an effort to look superior.

Do better, writers.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Corinthii, and Corinthii-adjacent, love to subscribe all the negative traits they themselves have, onto everyone else in an effort to look superior.

Projection. It's how they maintain their sense of superiority.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am VERY behind, but am I to understand there was a scene (sadly a dream sequence, but still!) in which both Carly AND Michael were dead?!?!

yes. it was glorious

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

BLQ and Chase finally FINALLY decided to be a couple ...and they are still boring and insufferable, with BLQ spending most of her time eavesdropping on him or babbling on about making Linc "look bad." 

Cody wants to get in bed with the mob to cheat people for money. Dude just does not want to work for a living! For a second, when he met with Dante, I thought it was going to be revealed he was actually working undercover to infiltrate Ms. Woo. But no, he was just there to bitch to Dante about Mac. It is going to take a miracle to transition this dud into any kind of likeable/interesting character.  

PS. Was watching Season 5 Episode 3 of Cobra Kai and was surprised to see Sean Kanan in a fun role, throwing down some awesome karate moves. He looked like he was having a blast, and I hope he appears in more of the season! 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

PS. Was watching Season 5 Episode 3 of Cobra Kai and was surprised to see Sean Kanan in a fun role, throwing down some awesome karate moves. He looked like he was having a blast, and I hope he appears in more of the season

EEEK! I'd forgotten that they got him to reprise his role! I stopped after the second season. But will go back to watch him!

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

ude just does not want to work for a living! For a second, when he met with Dante, I thought it was going to be revealed he was actually working undercover to infiltrate Ms. Woo.

honestly, if they did that. it would make so many things better. 

• Love 1

Hatman has no time for Drewfus. Me either. 

Carly is back. I don't have time for that. Baby Jason and Joss eye screw each other. #FreeCam. I don't get why Joss is going to be all about the girls if... you know. the girls have a Nanny but whatever. Carly is dreaming about Drewfus.

Joss: I judge people and i hate that, because I hate judging people. bwahahahahahahhaahahahahaha. Also Joss: I hate being a hypocrite.

Joss to cam: WE SHOULD ALWAYS TELL EACH OTHER EVERYTHING
Joss to Baby Jason: Yeah can we keep this a secret? 
Me: dear. this is what being a hypocrite is. 
#FREECAM

Jordan (badly) covers for Stella. like. this is so dumb. Curtis is all "well we can look for them."  Jordan was like um. that was a year ago dude.  Curtis looks like spoiled brat. Stella is like "why you cover for me?"

Sasha is wavering on the guardianship. Both Gladys and Brando say it's her decision, and he'll terminate it the moment the doctor and she feel it's time. 

Sonny and Nik whip it out and try to mark their territory with Ava (I wish Nina sees this aspect of him).

Portia: still anxious. 
Me: well Portia, Ava was gutted. I'd be a bit anxious

Nik bought himself his own Frank. heh. 
Ava believes that Liz is covering for Nik (or being manipulated)
same time Liz wants to confess that Nik lied. 

• Love 5

Drewfus finally apologizes to Hatman for the fake job interview. Hatman says it's okay, Drewfus was there for Curtis when he wasn't. This is why Carly and company never get better -- all their bad actions get excused as being concern and help for the other person

Carly over-thinking her trip ... you'd thik that she'd never gone on a work trip before. Didn't she used to own a hotel?

Why is Carly taking Joss to a pub that Sonny owns if she doesn't want to run into him? It's as bad when Julian used to own it and everyone would show up there to yell at him.

"It's your call. Whatever you decide I'm down with it." Good for Finn.

What is the problem with Curtis? Does he think that the papers not being filed is a personal attack against him? Just file them again, there will be plenty of time to get it done since you haven't even set a date with Portia. He really needs to get a life if this is what he's obsessing about.

Also shut up Curtis. You have no authority in the hospital and Portia doesn't need you to protect her.  Stop being a bully.

How can you tell this is a soap opera? Portia has inch-long fingernails and is wearing that huge rock at work. How is she going to wash her hands well enough without damaging the ring?

Wow, they are really pulling the "Sonny is the wise father-figure to Port Charles" card.

I agree with Doris, order dessert first.

Oooh, hook cliff-hanger!  Go after Joss! You know you hate her!  Leave Brando alone!

• Love 8
Just now, statsgirl said:

Oooh, hook cliff-hanger!  Go after Joss! You know you hate her!  Leave Brando alone!

i know! like GO AFTER HER. 
so we know now know it's not Nik or Liz who s the killer hooker

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What is the problem with Curtis? Does he think that the papers not being filed is a personal attack against him? Just file them again, there will be plenty of time to get it done since you haven't even set a date with Portia. He really needs to get a life if this is what he's obsessing about.

I can't believe this is supposed to pass for drama. It's SO galactically stupid.

I love the mutual eye-rolling when Nik and Sonny saw each other.

And we're interrupted because Queen Elizabeth's coffin has reached Buckingham Palace. ABC overexplains everything, so who knows if we'll get the rest of this episode.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't believe this is supposed to pass for drama. It's SO galactically stupid.

again it makes more sense that in this entire time Jordan was making moves on Curtis or something. they ALL moved on. but now curtis is like yah she maybe didn't want to get divorced.

Okay. and then she'd let you commit bigamy? shut up, fool

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Curtis is such a motherfucking dumbass. No, dude, you're not a gift to women everywhere. Jordan gave you your divorce and if Shawn had stayed in town she'd be climbing that. She's not thirsty for your ass.

How convenient that Joss would leave Charlie's out the backdoor where someone looked to be waiting for her with a hook. Guess Brando's dead. I don't care about him or Sasha, but it seems cruel that the writers just keep piling on her like that. Lost her kid, lost her mind, loses her husband. Good thing she was sitting there, otherwise she might get accused of murder.

Still think it's Esme wielding the hook. Brando was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. She is her father's daughter.

Nikolas is a raging pimple.

Of course, Carly's plane might go down and we all know she'll be the only survivor. Because reasons.

CM looks really good, but Drewfus is just a waste of space.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't get why the Sasha actress gets all this drama to play. She's fine but she's hardly Maura West. And even they give her too much scenery to chew.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get why the Sasha actress gets all this drama to play.

I don't get why Sasha is a thing at all. I don't hate her or even dislike her, but she's just there, taking up space. Why should I care about Sasha? Because her baby died? That's sad and all, but mostly just in the abstract. Because she's a drug addict? I've seen that story done better. Because of her relationship with Brando? I've never been given a reason to care about him either.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Melgaypet said:

I don't get why Sasha is a thing at all. I don't hate her or even dislike her, but she's just there, taking up space. Why should I care about Sasha? Because her baby died? That's sad and all, but mostly just in the abstract. Because she's a drug addict? I've seen that story done better. Because of her relationship with Brando? I've never been given a reason to care about him either.

I am guessing they are going to pair her with Cody who I guess we are expected to care about because he gave Dante a wedgie and Mac is his dad, maybe.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Poor Pilar, being on duty 24/7 while Carly is gone. The nannies of Port Charles need to unionize, pronto. Their working conditions suuuuck.

Typical that when the flight attendant asks everyone to set their electronics to airplane mode, Carly makes a phone call. And it's really cruel to tease us that Carly won't survive the crash. 

26 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Guess Brando's dead.

He got the valedictory speech from Gladys and the hope for a better future, so this seems a safe guess. What happens to the guardianship now? Does the court take over and Sasha goes to Pentonville? Or is it transferred to Gladys, who will no doubt avail herself of Sasha's ample bank account and we'll have to watch that nonsense.

Add me to the list of people who don't care that Brando is dead and who wonder why Sasha is a thing. The show keeps piling on the bad news with her, and that's not interesting to watch.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What happens to the guardianship now? Does the court take over and Sasha goes to Pentonville? Or is it transferred to Gladys

Uhm, hello?  That guardianship is going to get passed onto Sonny.  Who already told Sasha, 'he'd be there fore her'.  So you know that's where that's going.  

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Pilar, being on duty 24/7

Do we really think poor Pilar gets days off?!

• Like 2

I don't have a particular love for Brando but he's a decent guy and he has a job other than being a mobster, rock star or CEO. The show needs more characters like that.

It doesn't make sense that Hook would attach Brando. Go hide in the shadows out of the rain till he's passed by.

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Typical that when the flight attendant asks everyone to set their electronics to airplane mode, Carly makes a phone call. And it's really cruel to tease us that Carly won't survive the crash. 

They already teased us with Carly and Michael being dead in Willow's dream. Methinks the writers know what we want, and won't give it to us.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

again it makes more sense that in this entire time Jordan was making moves on Curtis or something. they ALL moved on. but now curtis is like yah she maybe didn't want to get divorced.

Okay. and then she'd let you commit bigamy? shut up, fool

Narcissism doesn't stop with the Corinthos circle.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Uhm, hello?  That guardianship is going to get passed onto Sonny.  Who already told Sasha, 'he'd be there fore her'. 

Duh, what was I thinking?! For a minute there I forgot Sonny had to be involved with everything.

47 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Pilar, being on duty 24/7

Do we really think poor Pilar gets days off?!

I think we've actually heard mention of that, and that's why Donna and Avery get dumped with Leo's overworked nanny.

• Love 1

I wish it was Joss that got hooked but that'll never happen so can we please make it be Baby Jason? 

I've been hoping it's Nelle that's hook-hand which would kinda make sense if she went after Joss but I can't have nice things so it won't be Nelle, it won't be Joss, and it'll be Brando who I've grown to like.

What was with the out of nowhere torrential rainstorm?

Edited by tveyeonyou
Edited because Brando is not Brandi Edited Again because I meant to say Esme instead of Nelle but I'm not changing it up there because I'd actually like it if they teamed up and took out Carly and Joss.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love the mutual eye-rolling when Nik and Sonny saw each other.

And we're interrupted because Queen Elizabeth's coffin has reached Buckingham Palace. ABC overexplains everything, so who knows if we'll get the rest of this episode.

Were you watching the 3pm ET telecast? My 2pm ET telecast wasn’t interrupted in my neck of the woods

Why do some assume Brando is automatically dead when Ava survived her attack? Given he’s a veteran, maybe he fights against the attacker and is only somewhat wounded

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Were you watching the 3pm ET telecast?

Yes; we lost about 20 minutes, but the full ep is available on the app after 8 p.m. tonight.

13 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Why do some assume Brando is automatically dead when Ava survived her attack?

A) He and Gladys had a really nice moment where she apologizes for past decisions that weren't necessarily in his best interest; b) Brando is a minor character whose death can still affect a decent number of people without leaving a giant gap in the canvas, and c) if you're going to have someone going around hooking people, might as well make one of those hooks fatal. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I wish it was Joss that got hooked but that'll never happen so can we please make it be Baby Jason? 

I've been hoping it's Nelle that's hook-hand which would kinda make sense if she went after Joss but I can't have nice things so it won't be Nelle, it won't be Joss, and it'll be Brando who I've grown to like.

Imagine if Joss was hooked. 99.99999999% of the town would be standing vigil outside the hospital. PC would be in mourning. The churches would be full and everyone would be singing the Hymn of Joss Jacks, daughter extraordinaire, best friend forever, superstar volleyball player and so on. Her ass would obviously survive, then we'd have to hear about her harrowing experience and how she almost died.

No thanks! With Carly's plane possibly going down and SheBeast missing, Joss being hooked would likely be the end of my viewing forever. I very honestly don't think I could take it. I would definitely need a new pair of eyes from rolling the ones I have right now so hard.

I'd really like it if it was Nelle hooking people, although I don't know why Ava would be a target, unless I forgot something, which I probably did anyway.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't have a particular love for Brando but he's a decent guy and he has a job other than being a mobster, rock star or CEO.

Which is why he has to die, I guess.  I mean, we can't have too many nice guys on this show, when we can have Felty, Smoltz, Dex and Cody.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For a minute there I forgot Sonny had to be involved with everything.

Well, I actually thought Carly would be given the job, but she has to ALMOST DIE IN A PLANE CRASH THAT CHANGES NOTHING, so Sonny's the next one up.  

59 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

What was with the out of nowhere torrential rainstorm?

It amps up the tension.  I mean, didn't you feel the horror stronger with that?!

44 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Why do some assume Brando is automatically dead when Ava survived her attack?

Rumors and possible spoilers said someone thinks they saw a screencap of a behind the scenes something or other that had a memorial type photo of Brando.  So, take it wiht a grain of salt!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

If Carly's plane goes down, will we get Carly's version of Nixon Falls? Then she'd get to stay there for a while, not telling anyone that Nina is Willow's mother and no one will blame her for it (the Corinthii that is. I'm sure Nina will have plenty to say) because poor Carly almost died, then forgot all about her life and should be treated with kid gloves.

Or or or she'll be the opposite of Sonny, doing everything she can to find her way home because she is after all selfless, and no one will tell her boo about keeping a life-altering secret because trauma.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I assume Brando's a goner (why was he following Joss out into the alley?) since he and Gladys got that "I'm so proud of you/I love you" dialogue today.  Gladys will flash back to that last talk 47 times in the next two weeks.

As to Carly's plane,  her plane with probably go down off the coast of Bolivia and Drew will get down there before the plane can sink, thus enabling to strip his shirt off and dive into the ice-cold waters to save her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

As to Carly's plane,  her plane with probably go down off the coast of Bolivia and Drew will get down there before the plane can sink, thus enabling to strip his shirt off and dive into the ice-cold waters to save her. 

No miscarriage for him, though. Bummer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I assume Brando's a goner (why was he following Joss out into the alley?

Brando has been at odds with Dex for awhile.  He was watching Dex and Joss at the table so when Joss got up to follow Dex out, to give him his sunglasses, I guess Brando followed her out for her protection.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

i know! like GO AFTER HER. 
so we know now know it's not Nik or Liz who s the killer hooker

We can also rule out Spencer. Isn’t that all the suspects from that night? Or at least all the people whose whereabouts were unaccounted for. What a lame lack of suspense. 

I hope it’s not Esme. The character could grate but the actress is very capable and I want her brought back as an Ava type character. Let Cam have someone to seek inappropriate comfort with when Joss cheats on him (which will be his fault). 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I assume Brando's a goner (why was he following Joss out into the alley?

Brando has been at odds with Dex for awhile.  He was watching Dex and Joss at the table so when Joss got up to follow Dex out, to give him his sunglasses, I guess Brando followed her out for her protection.  

Right, right--I forgot all about that.  Thanks!