Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Besides anything else, what happened to Spencer's hair? It was all "coiffed" like a older lady's hair...Very weird, along with that prairie girl chopped off blouse Esme was wearing. Am I missing something in current fashion or is all this very au courant?

• Wink 2
7 hours ago, isalicat said:

Besides anything else, what happened to Spencer's hair? It was all "coiffed" like a older lady's hair..

Cam's was like that as well a while ago but has grown in a bit now (compared to that clip from the cabin, where his hair is longer). Not sure if the short "coiffed" style is in for young guys now ???  Just from some of the sports I have watched lately all I can say is we should be praying that the mullet is not becoming a thing!!!

I like both those Cam and Spence with a little longer hair

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Suicidy said:

That bitch is a total sociopath.  She isn’t written as a racist though.  If that was going to be a thing in this storyline, then there should have been even the tiniest indication that Esme has a problem with black people.  No such induction exists.  So now the race is issue feels like hamfisted pandering.  Due to bad writing.

Does Esme strike you as someone who really gives much of a shit about how social issues impact others?  Or really, gives a shit about other people at all?

she’s a sociopath.  It’s likely she isn’t capable of much, if any, empathy.

There's more than one contributing factor to every decision.   There's also conscious and unconscious motivations.  Esme wanted to get all of Spencer's friends, but only one of those friends was drugged and left to the criminal justice system.  The black one.   Listen to other people.  You see the actress herself was thrilled to play this.    My grandma told me to listen twice as much as I talk.  Best advice anyone ever gave me.  Saved me from being a Karen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

So Esme doesn’t know who her birth mother is?  I was under the impression she knew her mom was Felicia, if that’s where they are going with this story. 

12 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm hoping Willow and Michael don't share that Willow would need genetic material to cure her whatever, and they lose the baby as a result. Or Carly learns too late to spill the secret and get Nina to save the baby. Carly deserves to lose everything for keeping this secret. Michael should cut her out of his life, and Willow should  leave Michael/Carly and their toxic 'win no matter what' attitude in the rear view. 

Oooh that would be good!!

13 hours ago, Daisy said:

well i don't think it did. I'm a person of colour and I didn't think about it at all - mostly because I didn't (and don't) think this is racially motivated.  I will say i do like it when Soaps remember that this is a platform they should address these things and it was a good discussion but at the same time I felt it was just tacked on and clunky and then it made me go well.. it's not racially motivated though.  It's Trina being a threat to Esme.end of story. 

and i think the message would be more stronger/clearer if this was focused on school and not on this dumbo trial 

I don’t think Esme’s motives are overtly racist, but I think what Portia was getting at is that sometimes the bias is unconscious and Esme might not even realize she has this bias. But like others have said, she’s cray and I don’t think she would care either way. And yeah, I agree it would be much more interesting and relevant if they would just focus on the school stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I believe that, if the situation was different, Esme would have done the same thing to any of the three.  That is, if Cam was with Trina, she'd have drugged Joss and taped Cam Trina, and if Joss and Trina were together and Cam was the one that Spencer was making eyes at (let me live in this for just a second...... okay) then she would have drugged Cam and taped Joss and Trina having the smex.

• Love 8
On 7/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh give me a break, not everything has to be about race. Oh Esme's romantic rival happens to be black, therefore she must have some bias.

Like white people have never been wrongfully convicted, or railroaded, or treated poorly by the justice system.... And I'm a minority myself btw. 

I think the conversation between Trina's mother and a Black family friend is absolutely appropriate. Ultimately I think Esme is more bitter to Trina than Joss because she sees that's where his attention is -- BUT a) they don't know that for sure and IRL a girl like Esme would probably have at least subconscious racism in the mix, and b) race is often an important component of the investigation and the trial itself, in terms of outcomes. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think the conversation between Trina's mother and a Black family friend is absolutely appropriate. Ultimately I think Esme is more bitter to Trina than Joss because she sees that's where his attention is -- BUT a) they don't know that for sure and IRL a girl like Esme would probably have at least subconscious racism in the mix, and b) race is often an important component of the investigation and the trial itself, in terms of outcomes. 

What is a "girl like Esme?" What does that mean? Rich, rude, white?

• Love 4

Today was some good soap plus some Cody inner thigh peak 😝

Don't know how Esme is supposed to get Trina off without incriminating herself.

Great scenes between Spencer and Esme, good old fashion soap!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Willow's convenientits  is- leukemia (minute i heard elevated white blood count, I've read Lurlene McDaniels. I know, y'all LOL). makes sense. Leukemia can be very aggressive and most treatments require bone marrow treatment  and has the a stronger success rate if it's from a blood relative. I can predict the future y'all:

Willow gets diagnosed. Carly is wondering if she should tell Nina. Willow will even twist the needle because now shell be all "gee golly whiz i SHOULD have looked for my birth family that i was kidnapped from now that I was sick, it looks like family does mean something." but then. they'll find a match from the Bone Marrow registry. Carly thinks she has an out. Nina goes to Paris to get fat on baguettes and brie.  and then Willow dies. Michael finds out that Carly knew, and commits murder/suicide. 

:D

naturally the show doesn't even tell us what it is yet. but i bet it's this.

Joss is saying how an amazing friend Trina is for Joss. too bad Joss isn't a good friend to Trina. #FreeTrina

Spencer + Esme scenes were amazing.  NC + AP just hit everything out of the park. Just stellar work by these guys and i love how the gloves just came off for both sides, and when Spencer asked Esme if he was still buffling, that felt v. cassadine-y lol

Dude, there are stores in malls in Canada that blackmarket stuff LOL (I am assuming they mean like burned/copies/unlocked items). EVERYONE knows how to buy these things. shut up show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I saw some of the Esme/Spencer scenes today, and are we supposed to think Esme cares about Spencer? I was never sure, and I still don't know. I mean . . . I don't think she cares about him at all but maybe she does? In all honesty, it's still not clear to me why was she so bothered by "Spence's" friends in the first place and why she targeted them.  

I still don't get her character or her motivations. Nothing about her character makes any sense to me. Wasn't she sent to screw Nikolas to break up Nava? Why is she sitting on that info?  Why not tell Ava already? Is it b/c she "loves' Spence? If that's true, why not show her being more reluctant about screwing Nikolas! 

I don't get it or her. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I saw some of the Esme/Spencer scenes today, and are we supposed to think Esme cares about Spencer? I was never sure, and I still don't know. I mean . . . I don't think she cares about him at all but maybe she does? In all honesty, it's still not clear to me why was she so bothered by "Spence's" friends in the first place and why she targeted them.  

I still don't get her character or her motivations. Nothing about her character makes any sense to me. Wasn't she sent to screw Nikolas to break up Nava? Why is she sitting on that info?  Why not tell Ava already? Is it b/c she "loves' Spence? If that's true, why not show her being more reluctant about screwing Nikolas! 

I don't get it or her. 

honestly, I had a beat on it - but then they screwed it all up w/making Esme in league with Ryan so now i have no idea

• Like 1
  • Love 4

So those scenes with Esme/Spencer were pretty good. It's nice to have two strong actors share scenes like that.

Oh, great! Willow is really pregnant. I can't even with this. I also thought Temp!Michael was done with his episodes. I'm hoping lowkey that CD has been replaced permanently, and that FV is just rolling with it and not telling anyone anything.

Some more forced scenes between Dante and Cody. There are so many missed opportunities here that have nothing to do with camp, Cody working in a stable or that dumbass dating app. 

Trial. Don't care. We were in a courtroom 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Some more forced scenes between Dante and Cody.

I don't even understand what the writers are doing here.  They supposedly went to summer camp, once when they were twelve and have not seen or heard from each other since then.  Now Dante is warning Cody off of Britt (I adore Britt, but Dante has reasons) and Cody gets all sulky about it.  Then Cody gets all wooby pissed and exclaims that Dante's not the same guy as he was.  Yeah, a twelve year old boy at summer camp without a care in the world will not be the same as the forty year old cop, who's father is a mob boss, who's raising a kid on his own, because his ex wife is in a coma, while being forced to date Miss Boring McWhisperer (!!).    Cody's a child who never grew up.  Unless this is turning into Cody being undercover and trying to get access to britt because of Faison, then I'm not interested in the man-child.  

• Like 2
  • Love 8

"I was a city kid." What?! Michael grew up in Port Charles. He had access to horses had he been interested.

When Brad isn't making ill-advised videos of Britt, he's a good friend to her. I love their dynamic.

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So those scenes with Esme/Spencer were pretty good. It's nice to have two strong actors share scenes like that.

They had good writing that went somewhere, too.

Ugh, Willow doesn't tell Michael about her possible illness. That's not soapy, it's dumb.

Ugh, CD is back tomorrow. I wonder for how long, heh.

• Like 4

Joss got a 4.0 GPA? Give me a break.

Great Spencer and Esme confrontation. Those two have 20x the energy of a Trina/Rory scene.

Deana made Willow's OB appointment to another doctor. But now she's seeing Britt?  And why would Britt be angry that Michael didn't show up on time? It's not about him.

Let's move Willow's convenientits along faster.

Dante and Cody and all the "man", "man", "man" is boring dialogue.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And she's a stellar volleyball player--makes you wonder why she got WAIT-LISTED for Southern Coastal University.  Must've been the "Why I love mobsters and admire my sociopath of a mother" essay she wrote for her application.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Joss is saying how an amazing friend Trina is for Joss. too bad Joss isn't a good friend to Trina. #FreeTrina

Trina’s eye roll yesterday when Joss was on the stand represented all of us…like I get how Joss feels and this is all bullshit but girl hold it together on the stand!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I don't get it or her. 

I don’t get it either.  Like why did they even start all this teen angst stuff, just because they are all around the same age?  I would much rather see Esme working with/for Ryan and being all creepy and devious.  The actress could handle it.  Not to mention, hasn’t she already accomplished her goal to that end (sleeping with Nikolas/breaking Nava up when Ava finds out)??

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Dude, there are stores in malls in Canada that blackmarket stuff LOL (I am assuming they mean like burned/copies/unlocked items). EVERYONE knows how to buy these things. shut up show.

Plus the fact that burner phones AREN'T ILLEGAL.  So…..just silly all around.

Sorry for the triple post!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

it's so dumb. 
considering most freshmen suffer a massive drop in their grade (simply because no matter how much you prepare for it, university/college is a beast), it is utter bull that she got 4.0 in her first year. but of course she did. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Like why did they even start all this teen angst stuff, just because they are all around the same age?

What;s interesting is that Ryan asked the same question.  He reminded her that she was supposed to break up NAva and then asked her why she was dealing with/hanging out with, the teen group.  It's almost like, once the teens decided they didn't like Esme and didn't want to hang out with her, she forgot she was doing Ryan's bidding as his fellow cray cray worshipper and became "a teen" with all the angst that comes with that.  

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I was a city kid." What?! Michael grew up in Port Charles. He had access to horses had he been interested.

Wasn't it Dante that said it?  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't it Dante that said it?  

That would make more sense. I was only listening, not watching, when Dante and Michael were talking. Though there is horseback riding in NYC, so had Dante been truly interested, he had options.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I saw some of the Esme/Spencer scenes today, and are we supposed to think Esme cares about Spencer? I

I think she did and might still care for him.  She's clearly a broken girl, who's birth parents abandoned her (in her mind, we still don't know who the birth parents really are), who's adopted parents died, who was essentially raised by the nanny until sent to boarding school and forming a relationship with Spencer.  She's hanging on tight to that.  Even when Ava offered her money to leave, she said, she's found her family and she' s not going.  Presumably her family means Spencer, possibly Nik, maybe even Laura/kevin.  

I think if Spencer tomorrow said, bygones, she'd be all over him, even though today he's ready to have her jailed for her crimes.  

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Though there is horseback riding in NYC, so had Dante been truly interested, he had options.

Dante was raised by a single working teenage mother and even though she had the backing of her family, I doubt Olvia was putting out money for horseback riding.  Not that it really matters since it's a throwaway line in a dumb story with a terrible character, that  makes no sense!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

think she did and might still care for him.  She's clearly a broken girl, who's birth parents abandoned her (in her mind, we still don't know who the birth parents really are), who's adopted parents died, who was essentially raised by the nanny until sent to boarding school and forming a relationship with Spencer.  She's hanging on tight to that.  Even when Ava offered her money to leave, she said, she's found her family and she' s not going.  Presumably her family means Spencer, possibly Nik, maybe even Laura/kevin. 

yeah. everytime Spencer basically tells her he's done with her, She looks gutted. she hides it very quickly because she'll be damned if she shows weakeness but i think ultimately, Esme fell in love w/her mark (or at least has some deep feelings for him).  Avery Pohl is trying her damnest that even in her most crazy/evilness that there is some sort of ... humanity/lost little girl kind of thing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I  can understand Esme in that she's part abandoned child, part sociopath gene that she inherited from Ryan. (According to James Fallon, the best way to mitigate a sociopath gene is a warm, loving parent which is how Kevin escaped it.) She wants to belong, to be important to someone, and she thought that she had that with Spencer in Europe. Her father Ryan is only nice to her when he's using her.

While she may not be in love with Spencer, she is very attached to her relationship with him which is why when she got to Port Charles and found out that he hadn't even mentioned her to his old friends, she started to get temperamental and possessive.

40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

What;s interesting is that Ryan asked the same question.  He reminded her that she was supposed to break up NAva and then asked her why she was dealing with/hanging out with, the teen group.  It's almost like, once the teens decided they didn't like Esme and didn't want to hang out with her, she forgot she was doing Ryan's bidding as his fellow cray cray worshipper and became "a teen" with all the angst that comes with that.  

She can both be there to do Ryan's bidding and have a normal teenager's angst when she's being rejected by her boyfriend and his friends. Ryan's bidding she is doing because he told her to but she lives with the teens day to day.

==========================

In Joss' testimony, there was a lot of talk about the hot toddies that they were drinking, and the drinking game they were playing. But when Rory got on the stand, the prosecutor was making a big deal of Joss and Trina being in a bar where there was drinking while they were underage. So which is it? Were they allowed to drink alcohol in Sonny's cabin but not in the bar? Or were both wrong but the first was just glossed over?

It's not illegal for those under 21 to be in a bar. What's illegal is them ordering alcohol, and I don't think Trina and Joss did that. 

In a private home, there's no authority like a bartender or cop to refuse alcohol service because of someone being underaged. It's still illegal, but it's pretty unenforceable as long as there's no other issue, like noise.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I  can understand Esme in that she's part abandoned child, part sociopath gene that she inherited from Ryan. (According to James Fallon, the best way to mitigate a sociopath gene is a warm, loving parent which is how Kevin escaped it.)

Ironically that's the argument Nina keeps making. Nelle could still be a crazy psycho nut, but she never had love and what not in her formative years. they keep shoving the fact that Nina was in a coma, but she had her husband. Maybe esme would still be the cray cray, but maybe if Esme had proper love and stability she wouldn't be so. 

(and that's why that scene  with Laura telling her to open her heart, and then her (imo) genuine I'm sorry to Joss/Trina was  maybe her tipping point. Joss was such a cow that day it just broke her and went fire burn you all). 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Ironically that's the argument Nina keeps making. Nelle could still be a crazy psycho nut, but she never had love and what not in her formative years. they keep shoving the fact that Nina was in a coma, but she had her husband. Maybe esme would still be the cray cray, but maybe if Esme had proper love and stability she wouldn't be so. 

(and that's why that scene  with Laura telling her to open her heart, and then her (imo) genuine I'm sorry to Joss/Trina was  maybe her tipping point. Joss was such a cow that day it just broke her and went fire burn you all). 

Didn’t Ryan also promise Esme that if she broke up Nava, Esme would still have the Cassadine family and wealth? I swear 800 years ago when they were discussing this, he was also dangling the promise of family over her.

Either way, I would still watch a full hour of Esme and Spencer if it meant getting rid of this stupid Cody character. And he can take Dex with him. Dex? Dax? Whatever - don’t care. So stupid.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Joss talking back to the DA’s objection and the judge doesn’t say anything, because of course not.  Her entire testimony was super snotty and letting her go on about Esme should’ve been stopped long before it was.  Also, LO-fucking-L at the GPA.  What did that have to do with anything?

Dante/Cody: Do. Not. Care. 

Britt/Brad: love their friendship.

Willow/Michael: of course Willow’s keeping her health issue from the delicate flower Michael.  TJ telling Britt on the QT is such bull; she should’ve known that info before the appointment.  Those results should automatically be in her file—I guess GH, the epitome of fantastic healthcare, doesn’t have an automated computer system.

Loved the Spencer/Esme scenes.  Great job between NC and AP.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Those results should automatically be in her file—I guess GH, the epitome of fantastic healthcare, doesn’t have an automated computer system.

to be fair- there were no results yet. TJ was just mentioning seemed a bit sus w/the test so more tests were being done since he doesn't know anything yet.

• Love 1

I thought Nicholas Chavez & Avery Pohl did a great job. So much tension. Those two were great finds. Eden on the witness stand. Gag me. I’m sure she’s very nice but her acting range is limited. She’s very lucky she looked liked Laura Wright and was put in to the Sonny/Carly/Jax vortex when she was hired. Otherwise she’s a very basic soap opera actress. 

Josh Kelly and Dom in the steam room is typical soap studs stuff. Nothing new there but they looked good. The pecs were in tip top form. That said, I don’t buy for a second either character hung out together and were friends. This is just another case of Frank hiring one of his previous hires. I’m not saying Josh Kelly can’t act (I liked him on OLTL) but I don’t care for him here and he has no chemistry with Dom Z.

Also, Dom is really being wasted with Cody and with Sam. He needs tension in his storyline and that needs to be Lulu. I personally would like JMB back but I think she’s just had her 3rd kid and might not want to do a soap so they need to hire a somewhat known (or unknown) blonde actress with great range to match Genie Francis. Unfortunately, no one comes to mind to me right now. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. LOL!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

to be fair- there were no results yet. TJ was just mentioning seemed a bit sus w/the test so more tests were being done since he doesn't know anything yet.

There were the blood test results that TJ told Willow about with her high white blood cell count.  That should automatically be uploaded to her file as soon as the results are in.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Also, Dom is really being wasted with Cody and with Sam. He needs tension in his storyline and that needs to be Lulu...Unfortunately, no one comes to mind to me right now. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. LOL!!!!!

Actually, I thought Dante and Cody had chemistry.   HoYay!  it was steamy there in the sauna.

eta: I wish they would go there, if only to give Mama Spaghetti a coronary.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There were the blood test results that TJ told Willow about with her high white blood cell count.  That should automatically be uploaded to her file as soon as the results are in.

oh i thought they were still investigating what it was. so maybe that was why. 
but. I was wrong. thanks for the correct :)

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The blood count should be in her chart which Britt has access too. (Why didn't she say anything?) In my computerized hospital, I have access to my results, not that I understand what they mean.

TJ wants further testing to find out what it is since Willow started to faint long before she got pregnant.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nina is correct in terms of the psychology, it could have made a huge difference although the show acts like Carly dismissing it is right.

I wasn't watching during the Silas days -- was he okay with Madeleine giving the baby away or did he not know?

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

in a show that is often badly written, that moment was a real hit.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The blood count should be in her chart which Britt has access too. (Why didn't she say anything?) In my computerized hospital, I have access to my results, not that I understand what they mean.

Exactly.  Britt being totally in the dark until TJ was going to verbally fill her in was so dumb.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

wasn't watching during the Silas days -- was he okay with Madeleine giving the baby away or did he not know?

He didn't know. I don't know how all that played out, but I think it was presumed that Nina lost the baby at some point. And he died long before the search for Nina's kid came about. Idk what he was supposed to be doing while Nina was pregnant in a coma and Phyllis knew about it. Lol of course everything was written at different points. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Actually, I thought Dante and Cody had chemistry.   HoYay!  it was steamy there in the sauna.

eta: I wish they would go there, if only to give Mama Spaghetti a coronary.

I thought the same thing about there-there but not with Dante. I liked him when he and Nathan worked at the police station. They were great partners and had more to do. You rarely see Dante at his desk anymore. I also forgot who nuJordan was today at the trial. I literally had to think for a moment. She is rarely on and hasn’t been paired with anyone either. She’s all wrong for the part and the writers don’t seem that interested in writing for her either. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The scenes between Spencer and Esme today, shows you what can be achieved with tight, coherent writing.  These actors are more than capable of executing good story telling.  Thumbs up to both of them.  This is what this show should strive for with every scene and storyline, instead of the lazy writing we get 95% of the time.

In regards to the court scenes, I find it interesting that they brought up the bar incident with Officer Cabrera and the mentioning of the bartender's name.   You would think that the first thing Diane would want to do is subpoena him to testify.  He would throw Esme under the bus in a second, if it would mean saving his own ass.  That would be the best reasonable doubt testimony one could hope for.  This scene made Diane look like she had no clue about this incident, let alone use it to her client's advantage.  Just dumb and confusing at the same time.

• Love 7

With all the "my daughter" stuff, the dad kinda gets left in the dust.  I get it, he's been dead for years, and so has the girls' sister, but it almost seems like they might have forgotten.  

As for Silas not knowing anything.  He was suspected of poisoning Nina and I believe that her parents went to court and got a restraining order to keep him away.  So, he had no access to Nina or her medical decisions for all of those years.  He was so suspected that Nathan came to town (having changed his name) just to prove that Silas had tried to kill his sister for her inheritance.  And I think that Silas' affair with Ava was part of the reason (or most of it honestly) that he was suspected.... and of course Madeline was shifting suspicion away from herself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

Silas didn't know that Nina was pregnant and was barred from visiting her. So he's pretty much a moot point in the Nelle/Willow situation.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The blood count should be in her chart which Britt has access too. (Why didn't she say anything?)

This.  Any tests that TJ did last week that showed that Willow was pregnant, including the one showing the high cell count,  would have been checked by Britt as part of the new patient exam, even before bringing Willow in and doing an ultrasound/heartbeat check.  

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching during the Silas days -- was he okay with Madeleine giving the baby away or did he not know?

If memory serves, Nina and Silas married young (like 20yrs old young).  Mommy Madeline was not happy so paid Ava to have an affair with Silas.  Nina found out she was pregnant same day that she foudn out about the affair and Ava's own pregnancy.  Nina told Mommy, who didn't want another Reeve heir to take a piece of her pie.  She drugged Nina, expecting an abortion but gave too much and got a coma instead.  She shifted the suspicion to Silas and he wasn't allowed to see Nina, so didn't know there was a baby or that Madeline had Nina carry to term and sold off the baby (now babies).  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I could have watched a whole hour of NC and AP yesterday.  It was annoying when they got interrupted for other scenes.   Really fantastic work by those two, and the writing rose to their talent for once.  

I think it's ridiculous that Liz wasn't in the courtroom. Liz would be there for her son.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Then Cody gets all wooby pissed and exclaims that Dante's not the same guy as he was.  Yeah, a twelve year old boy at summer camp without a care in the world will not be the same as the forty year old cop, who's father is a mob boss, who's raising a kid on his own, because his ex wife is in a coma, while being forced to date Miss Boring McWhisperer (!!). 

It's possible he really isn't the same guy, though. Dante had enormous scars on his back from torture overseas when they were telling his "brainwashed" story. Now he's hanging out at the pool, sitting in the steam room, having love scenes with Sam, and any other soap-opera shirtlessness justification, and his back looks perfect. Poor continuity, or...an impostor?!?  😁

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Duell to Tiny Temp Michael. I know it isn't easy to just get thrown into ongoing stories when you don't know all the leadup, but this guy is off in strange ways. He distances me from the scenes more than some other recent temps have, like the ones for Alexis and Taggert.

Edited by Asp Burger
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think it's ridiculous that Liz wasn't in the courtroom. Liz would be there for her son.  

Liz's and Ava's bad hair in the same room would be too much esp against Carly, Trina. Joss, Diane even the ADA who looked great

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Liz's and Ava's bad hair in the same room would be too much esp against Carly, Trina. Joss, Diane even the ADA who looked great

I don't think Ava's hair is bad?

• Love 6