Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I should have known that Drew wanting to sell Crimson had to do with Carly and not Aurora, which is supposed to be his daughter's legacy. But Scout is nowhere near as important as grown ass Carly who was told to mind her business but refused to because she's obnoxious and dumb like that. 

Nina is technically sitting on a fortune because she was also her father's heir, so maybe she uses that money to buy into that group that will be getting the hotel. Or buy them out.

Cody is a waste of space.

I can't even begin to understand what they're doing with Brooklyn and Chase. If the thing that was holding them together was Bailey and you have to come with weird contrived storylines to throw them together, then maybe you shouldn't write them together. The writers ruined something that had the potential to be good.

Gladys on the phone call was pretty funny. She had some redeeming qualities after all.

Of course, the writers also keep throwing Sasha's dead baby in her face every chance they get. If this is all you can come up with, then maybe it's time (like 3 years ago) to cut your losses with the character.

• Applause 3
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Blackie said:

How old is he supposed to be?

He was born September 2013 so he should be turning 9 this year.

The new actor's name is Finn Francis Carr who is 13, turning 14 in Nov.  So not sure if he's playing younger or if the SORASed Rocco.  

22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina is technically sitting on a fortune because she was also her father's heir,

Does she still have the money or did Madeline spend it all while Nina was in the coma?  

23 minutes ago, nilyank said:
26 minutes ago, Blackie said:
41 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She still has Greystone

?? I don't remember what this is

The Corinthii complex.

No, Greystone I believe is the house that Carly and Jax lived in, that Lucas and Bobbie lived in once Carly had moved back into the Corinthi compound.  We're all assuming Carly moved back in there once she divorced Sonn again.  

• Love 1

Spinelli having his own story while Elizabeth languishes at Stony Brook drives me nuts. He's a supporting character, not a lead. Ugh.

Gladys has come a long way since she was sniveling to Sonny, but she still is way too obsessed with Sasha's and Sonny's money. I'm really tired of the constant mentions by her.

I think Rocco has been SORASed. The actor looks way too old to be playing a 9-year-old.

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No, Greystone I believe is the house that Carly and Jax lived in, that Lucas and Bobbie lived in once Carly had moved back into the Corinthi compound.  We're all assuming Carly moved back in there once she divorced Sonn again.  

Greystone is the Corinthii compound. Sonny told Carly she could have it in the divorce so she wouldn't have to uproot Donna and Avery. He's living in his old penthouse, which he apparently has been holding onto for decades. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Does she still have the money or did Madeline spend it all while Nina was in the coma?  

As far as I remember, Madeline never had access to the money because Silas had a claim to the money, probably as Nina's next of kin since they were married, or something.

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Greystone is the Corinthii compound. Sonny told Carly she could have it in the divorce so she wouldn't have to uproot Donna and Avery. He's living in his old penthouse, which he apparently has been holding onto for decades. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.  I had totally forgotten about the sad sack looking penthouse!

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spinelli having his own story while Elizabeth languishes at Stony Brook drives me nuts. He's a supporting character, not a lead. Ugh.

So true. It also irked me when Carly asked Cam how his mom was and if he'd visited her. He says he has, a couple of times. That's something we should've seen. We should be seeing Liz while in SB working through her issues. Instead we get Chase family drama, Violet scenes, Home and Heart and the Spinelli nonsense. 

Becky tweeted recently that she's not on vacation or leave or too busy with family because people were asking why she just disappeared after it seemed to be they were building a story up for her. It makes me wonder if she's had her minimums cut or was put on recurring. They've given her scraps for years where her main purpose it to prop whoever she's with, no matter how big of a fail that character is. It really feels like they're phasing her out which sucks.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.  I had totally forgotten about the sad sack looking penthouse!

It used to be so much bigger and actually had a 2nd floor.

Numerous of people have lived there. Tracy, Robert, Holly, Sean, Stone, Lily, Carly, Jason, Robin, Michael, Morgan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Wasn't it also on the opposite side of the hall?  I thought I rememered, if you were looking at your tv screen, Jason's penthouse was on the right side of your screen, and Sonny's was across the hall, with the entrance from the left side.  

• Love 3

Rocco was a pre teen with the other actor too so he has been SORASed for a while now.

Spinelli seems to be getting more drama out of Cody than Dante, oddly enough.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Numerous of people have lived there. Tracy, Robert, Holly, Sean, Stone, Lily, Carly, Jason, Robin, Michael, Morgan.

There are actually two penthouses--across the hall from each other.  The one was Sonny's, the other Jason's (and now Sam's).  For some reason, when Sonny  moved back there they changed the layout and it looks crappy.

Edited by Cheyanne11
19 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

They've given her scraps for years where her main purpose it to prop whoever she's with, no matter how big of a fail that character is. It really feels like they're phasing her out which sucks.

They've tried to write her out a few times. but the fan lashback was so great they walked it back a few times. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I should have known that Drew wanting to sell Crimson had to do with Carly and not Aurora, which is supposed to be his daughter's legacy. But Scout is nowhere near as important as grown ass Carly who was told to mind her business but refused to because she's obnoxious and dumb like that.

Maybe he knows that Scout is smarter than Carly so she'll do all right.

But seriously, major fathering fail, Drew.

• Love 7

Drew cares more about Carly than Scout—what an asshole.

Could not care less about this lame plot they’ve decided to give Spinelli.  Why is his ownership of a stupid dating app a big secret? 

Really love the Spencer/Cam dynamic.  Much more interesting than anything romantic either has got going.

Gladys is such a good friend.  I hope she expenses whatever she spent on all those products.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Also. i refuse to believe that Crimson is worth that much that it can save the hotel

At one point, it was worth more. Either that or Jax was extremely desperate to get out of business with Carly because he traded his half of the MC to Kate in exchange for half of Crimson. However, this show plays pretty fast and loose with what businesses and people are worth so tomorrow, they could change their mind. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Could not care less about this lame plot they’ve decided to give Spinelli.  Why is his ownership of a stupid dating app a big secret? 

at this point i'm assuming this is a front for a whore house ring or something

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

However, this show plays pretty fast and loose with what businesses and people are worth so tomorrow, they could change their mind. 

very true

@statsgirl - thanks regarding Morgan Fairchild :) I knew she looked familar. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's Spinelli. Tech genius, dumb at life.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

Why was Cameron getting a DNA sample from Carly to give to Nicolas? I am also over the Spinelli story line. Go away, bud.

Spencer wanted to get Joss + carly's DNA so he can have a DNA test run saying that the woman he's making up + Esme are related - information that he'll give up if Esme confesses to the sex tape. 

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why was Cameron getting a DNA sample from Carly to give to Nicolas

You meant Spencer right?  spencer wants to get Esme to confess what she did to Trina by telling her that he's found her birth mother with DNA proof.  He doesn't have DNA from Esme's birth mother since he hasn't found her yet, so he's faking the DNA test by having a mother/daughter test done using Carly and Joss' DNA.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Spencer wanted to get Joss + carly's DNA so he can have a DNA test run saying that the woman he's making up + Esme are related - information that he'll give up if Esme confesses to the sex tape. 

Oh! Thanks for the explanation. I was lost on this plot point!

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Spencer right?  spencer wants to get Esme to confess what she did to Trina by telling her that he's found her birth mother with DNA proof.  He doesn't have DNA from Esme's birth mother since he hasn't found her yet, so he's faking the DNA test by having a mother/daughter test done using Carly and Joss' DNA.  

Yes, I did mean Spencer. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why is his ownership of a stupid dating app a big secret?

Cody "blackmailing" him is the lowest of low stakes, and really, who cares if the truth gets out? Spin is the founder/tech guy, not the one responsible for who signs up. I get why he cares about that—it's fair he wants the app to succeed—but maybe hire a little smarter.

• Like 2

Ugh, if pairing him with Sam wasn't the death knell for Dante, then pairing him with Cody surely is.

PS. New Rocco is way too old to be amused by Dante and his buddy hanging spoons from their noses. He would be mortified. 

• Like 3
  • Love 11
(edited)

How funny would it be if the Carly/Joss test came back not a match. 

Drew needs to go back away. They've ruined him over Carly. 

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

I still don't know if Greystone is what I think of as Sonny's lake house, or Carly's old house with the columns and cool staircase where she lived before getting back together with Sonny. But either way, I think she might now own both. (Seemed kind of vague during the divorce when she accepted Sonny's offer to keep living at the lake house for Donna's sake).

ETA: I also caught the (two!) "unloading" references between Cam and Joss, but because they are babies I'm trying really hard not to joke about it, 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Which will totally fail because Esme knows that her birth mother is not some woman in Portugal and she'll figure out that Spencer is trying to trap her.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Which will totally fail because Esme knows that her birth mother is not some woman in Portugal and she'll figure out that Spencer is trying to trap her.

Probably about the Portugal part, but I don't think that Ryan has actually told her who her mother is. 

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, Artsda said:

And Joss is actually Nina's daughter 😄  That would be fun but Carly and Joss are identical, like Jax barely had an input

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

And Joss is actually Nina's daughter 😄  That would be fun but Carly and Joss are identical, like Jax barely had an input

I would love that. It would make the kidney thing even better. Too bad Carly and Jax weren't doing in vitro.

• Like 5

I don’t care about whatever Spinelli’s up to.

I don’t care about anything Cody.

I don’t care if Rocco is sorased, desorased, or just assed.

I don’t care about Sasha, but it still bugs that the show has made her such a delicate flower with absolutely no substance.

I care about Elizabeth and don’t understand why she’s being sacrificed on the alter of much lesser characters.

10 hours ago, Artsda said:

I had this same thought. They are such cheerleaders for each other, but what if all the mini-me genetic similarities meant nothing? What if Joss was somehow switched at birth with, say, Esme? Watching Carly and Joss wrap their minds around that would be hilarious.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I had this same thought. They are such cheerleaders for each other, but what if all the mini-me genetic similarities meant nothing? What if Joss was somehow switched at birth with, say, Esme? Watching Carly and Joss wrap their minds around that would be hilarious.

Is it possible that this is where they're going with that? Do a DNA test on the banshees for it to come back not a match.

I don't even know how Spencer and Cam break that news to them without getting their heads ripped off in the process.

A storyline like this would actually be about Carly, rather than Carly having to stick her finger where it doesn't belong.

I think we're giving the writers too much credit.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, tessaray said:

I would love that. It would make the kidney thing even better. Too bad Carly and Jax weren't doing in vitro.

There's always a baby switch in the hospital.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is it possible that this is where they're going with that? Do a DNA test on the banshees for it to come back not a match.

I don't even know how Spencer and Cam break that news to them without getting their heads ripped off in the process.

A storyline like this would actually be about Carly, rather than Carly having to stick her finger where it doesn't belong.

I think we're giving the writers too much credit.

i would die of happiness if this were to happen.  and Jax would be free of his shrews. not to mention it would be SOO sooaapppy. 

so no never gonna happen on this show. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Katy M said:

There's always a baby switch in the hospital.

Joss was born in a cabin after Claudia kidnapped Carly who gave birth there. There was no switch possible because Carly took Joss home.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Joss was born in a cabin after Claudia kidnapped Carly who gave birth there. There was no switch possible because Carly took Joss home.

She never stopped by the hospital for a check up? How irresponsible.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

History, schmistory. It’s GH. Anything’s possible.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

She never stopped by the hospital for a check up? How irresponsible.

Even if she did, Jax and Carly would not have taken their eyes off Joss after the whole Claudia ordeal.

21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What makes it worse is that it’s been years since Spinelli has gotten any kind of focus much less a SL so why now? He’s been an occasional guest start for close to a decade now. I haven’t seen one person intrigued by his storyline. It’s all comments about why we’re wasting time with his story, who cares if he’s in charge of the dating app or why others are stuck propping him wasting their screen time wondering what’s going on with him. 

With the exception of Carly and Nina, the show appears to be very male character focused right now and I find most of the male characters and their portrayers to be duds. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Even if she did, Jax and Carly would not have taken their eyes off Joss after the whole Claudia ordeal.

they wouldn't be able to go everywhere. Carly would have had to be examined too because she had that "oh you can die" pregnancy condition. 

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

History, schmistory. It’s GH. Anything’s possible.

Writing in a post-birth hospital visit is nowhere near the retcon they tried to do in giving Robin and Jason's history  to Jason and Carly.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Biology lessons from the dipsticks. where is my ski pole i need to gag myself.  so... what happened with the other tests? Why isn't willow dying? what happened to her walking dead convenientious?

Bearded Wonder can use the boat and what not - but considering the last stable master got fired for not being there 24/7  maybe not. 

"You know Dante?"
"We're half brothers by adoption, it's complicated" that's... actually the sum of it, dipstick. 

Nina articulates in one scene what it took this show several months too explain why this merger was so risky for ELQ. Print media is dying so why would you invest/merge in it so heavily?

Carly in one scene explains how "I Know Media!" Drew sucks right now, because Aurora is floundering and Drew's best idea is to sell off its best asset. that would make the other share holders happy, you dipstick. 

SHUT UP. Ned didn't betray you. This isn't Q back-fighting.  Don't be all "Well this is what Edward would do." you made bad decisions on top of bad decisions, and you assumed that Ned would bend over and take it however you decided you want to dish out. That didn't happen, because Ned did what was best for himself and the family [this is why i really wish they both offered him the same role, or that Val offered him something less, because it would have been SO much more clear]. Also Carly "You are the Lila  side of the family." -  Lila got Q'y like the rest of them when it was needed. 

Sasha's breakdown was kinda sad.  though i mean if you are showing re-runs, wouldn't you just show at the bottom this is a rerun, the items are not for sale? I figured this was basically The Shopping Network. LOL

and now we all know  Sasha is on drugs. 

middle of the day.... no one at this pool?  cool. 

Selena owns Deception stock? And she laid some smackdown on Morgan Fairchild. 

Why does Sona work? I don't get it. but i like it. and it's crazy. 

Oh look. Drew is still not saving Aurora. 

I'm just going to say - pride goes before the fall. but I don't care about Carly's pride so fall, fall, fall! 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Okay, Drew is an idiot. I hate to write it but Sonny has 20x the business smarts that he has. So does Nina, who knows that it's bad to overinvest in print media these days.

Stupid Drew, I think that Carly's an idiot.

It's interesting that they put Carly and Nina in the same blue. Interchangeable for Sonny?

I also hate to write but that paperweight Sonny gave Nina is pretty sweet.

That stuff with Sasha cruel. (Also, her dead baby was all over the news, how come no one at the station picked it up?) The actress did well, I've never lost a baby but I was crushed by the scenes.

Sure, of course Willow had a horse that would only come to her.

Michael: "For all our flaws, the Quartermaines are a settled family."  For a minute, I thought that he was admitting that the Corinthii have flaws. Stupid me.

I'm less bothered that Cody is a hustler as that he's bad at it. Who should he have put as his emergency contact? Dante of course.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Joss is too awful not to be Carly's.

Never underestimate the power of nurture.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Best part of today's show was being able to FF through all of the Michael/Willow scenes and I feel cleansed. Die both of you. DIE!!!

The Sasha scenes were hard to watch. They were sad and I thought that the actress did really good with what she was given. Her distress was really palpable. 

Don't care about Cody or whatever he was telling the horse who lives in a house. For a guy with such a pretty face, the character is just so very bland. I don't get what the character is, what he's supposed to be or whatever whatever.

This Drew/Carly thing needs to stop. Nice to see the male community lining up to bail her out *eye roll* glad she turned them down. Let's see Carly struggle a bit, have a taste of what fucking up royally feels like.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Sasha scenes were hard to watch. They were sad and I thought that the actress did really good with what she was given. Her distress was really palpable. 

I'm going to be the grump and say that if no one can mention babies when she's around, she needs counseling pronto. 

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't get what the character is, what he's supposed to be or whatever whatever.

The lovable, sexy scamp, of course. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, TVbitch said:

New Rocco is way too old to be amused by Dante and his buddy hanging spoons from their noses. He would be mortified. 

He wouldn't even notice, since he'd have his face in his phone while the grownups did their shenanigans.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm going to be the grump and say that if no one can mention babies when she's around, she needs counseling pronto. 

Which she's hopefully about to get, but that was more than mentioning babies. 

This has been escalating for a while because wimminfolk are never allowed to deal with painful situations. What person bounces back from loss at the snap of the fingers?

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also, her dead baby was all over the news, how come no one at the station picked it up?)

it was? why would it be?

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

i think that's the point. that she never really dealt with it, and then she used drugs to cope with that and the anxiety and then she snapped. so now finally Kevin is on the case.  i'm just wondering when she actually deals with it if she realizes she married Brando while high and want a divorce. (I'm actually surprised that didn't come up yet)

20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Let's see Carly struggle a bit, have a taste of what fucking up royally feels like.

SUFFAH!!!

actually my real hope is that someone buys the hotel, and then offers to sell it to Carly for Michael giving up all his Q shares, and claims to being a Quatermaine. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3

My biggest reaction to today's show was at that stupid plot point about getting over one's fear of horseback riding. I grew up in the country around horses. My grandparents had a horse. My neighbors had a horse. I had friends and relatives who had horses. I even went riding a few times with friends, but I've never really understood the attraction (especially the one that prepubescent girls -- like Willow -- seem to have). Not everyone thinks horses are terrific, and it's not because they're afraid of them. (Maybe they just don't like the flies 😉) I'd love to see Brit stick to her guns and NOT ride the damn horse, but I know I can't have nice things. 

And Cody basically has no game. 

And this concludes my rant for today. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

This has been escalating for a while because wimminfolk are never allowed to deal with painful situations. What person bounces back from loss at the snap of the fingers?

well I mean, I do. I've experienced a lot of loss and a lot of times, it's really more of "okay that happened, sigh, cry and it's time to keep trucking." everyone does handle grief in different ways, and sometimes dealing with it, is just... not really letting it affect them, or not as long as people expect you too. (or even, getting knocked down by something that people wouldn't expect you to, vs. the obvious stuff).  like the entire point of this storyline was that Sasha wasn't dealing with it at all, they just (like nearly everything else) bungled it up,

• Like 3
  • Useful 1