Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

So if Olivia knew Neds vote ahead of time she admits she would have told Carly. Olivia sure is loyal to family like she claims Ned should have been.

Could care less about Sasha and her pills. 

So BL wants to set a mobster on Lync to defend Chase? How stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Sasha taking drugs because her  baby died tracks. Sasha taking drugs again because she did not properly deal with Liam's death, okay. But Sasha starting on drugs because of an arranged break-up with Michael that IIRC she suggested because her background was less perfect than Willow who had just got out of a cult is insulting me as a viewer.

12 hours ago, Suicidy said:

No, Cam is the manager, right?  She can work for him as the news busgirl.

Are there really throngs of female viewers that get the vapors when CD comes on screen?

But Bobbie owns Kelly's. She would never let someone else be higher up than Carly.

I got the impression that CD keeps his job because MB likes him and there are Corinthos/Carly stans loud on social media. The only other thing I've seen him in Arrow and he was just as mediocre as here.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If the writers are doing a storyline with Sasha about the opioid crisis, which is relevant, that's fine, but I think that this is her taking drugs just for the sake of  taking drugs.

The only time it was relevant as a drug story was when the plot had Cyrus wanting to use GH to push drugs. But Cyrus is in jail and now he's got religion and Sasha's drug-taking is just to give her something dramatic to do.

They could do a plot where bad drugs are being passed but what would they do about Good Mobster Sonny?  You know that Corinthos Coffee alone does not pay for that lifestyle and the private plane.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sasha taking drugs because her  baby died tracks. Sasha taking drugs again because she did not properly deal with Liam's death, okay. But Sasha starting on drugs because of an arranged break-up with Michael that IIRC she suggested because her background was less perfect than Willow who had just got out of a cult is insulting me as a viewer.

Eh. It's not like it's the first insulting thing the show has ever written. Sasha was perfectly fine while she was dating Michael. They broke up and became weepy and stressed and had her first hit of drugs after that makeup artist gave them to her for free as a pick me up.

I think it's insulting that anyone would ever think to write a woman becoming messy and weak because she's not with that dishrag Michael anymore.

Plus Sasha should've wised up and realized that she was just the place holder for Willow until she and Chase were done. Michael was always waiting in the wings for that.

I'm not even sure that Sasha ever went to a narcotics anonymous meeting. She and Brando are both addicts and I wonder if it's not a matter of time before she drags him down with her.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

think it's insulting that anyone would ever think to write a woman becoming messy and weak because she's not with that dishrag Michael anymore.

Sasha should be celebrating she got out without being murdered or hit by a stray crane.  I mean, count your blessings, girl.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 16
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She and Brando are both addicts and I wonder if it's not a matter of time before she drags him down with her.

That might make the storyline more interesting, to have both of them descend into a drug-fueled madness together.  Although I'm not sure if the characters could come back from something like that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

That might make the storyline more interesting, to have both of them descend into a drug-fueled madness together.  Although I'm not sure if the characters could come back from something like that.

Unless they kill Wiley (please do this!), I don't think being drug addicts would sully Sasha and Brando that much. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sasha should be celebrating she got out without being murdered or hit by a stray crane.  I mean, count your blessings, girl.

Some people just don't know better.

IIRC, the writers skirted around whether Sasha being trapped (by Esme) in the storeroom contributed to Liam's death. I think they said that he was deprived of oxygen "for too long," so it kind of feels like something the show has in its pocket for Esme for somewhere down the road. 

On the other hand, I may simply be putting more thought into this than the writers.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

IIRC, the writers skirted around whether Sasha being trapped (by Esme) in the storeroom contributed to Liam's death. I think they said that he was deprived of oxygen "for too long," so it kind of feels like something the show has in its pocket for Esme for somewhere down the road. 

I thought it was placenta abruption.  Sasha was in a hospital room for a while before the delivery, so I don't know if you can attribute Liam's death to Esme.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sasha was feeling pain in the storeroom, which is  the first sign of a placental abruption. If Sasha had been able to get to the hospital faster, they may have been able to save the baby.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

On the other hand, I may simply be putting more thought into this than the writers.

I'm afraid so.

I also thought that they were going to do something with Esme locking Sasha in and the baby dying but it looks like it was just an anti-Trina thing they want to forget about it. My money's on Esme being redeemed eventually.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sasha was feeling pain in the storeroom, which is  the first sign of a placental abruption. If Sasha had been able to get to the hospital faster, they may have been able to save the baby.

But Brando found Sasha quickly and then they spent a few hours at the hospital before it was time to deliver because she wasn't dilated enough centimeters.

• Like 1

I don’t know where they’re going with the Mama Nina reveal (and frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me if it sat on the back burner for the next year, with only an occasional peek under the lid), but Thursday’s pregnancy reveal was all kinds of weird.

First, Willow and Mikey are stunned and making “oh crap, this is awful” faces behind each other’s backs, then we come back from commercial and Willow’s all giddy and excited, with no transition. (Michael still looks constipated, of course.) Then there’s this from Willow: “Wiley will always be our first born and will always have a special place in my heart, but I’m pregnant with my baby. Our baby. I’ve never wanted anything more in my life!”

First of all, “a special place in my heart”? That’s what you say about the nice neighbor lady who used to bring you cookies, not your own child. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it came off as a little distant. That, coupled with the emphasis on “my baby, our baby” makes me wonder if Willow is going to become obsessively fixated on this child in a way that goes beyond normal maternal love. 

On the other hand, if she’s done with Wiley, maybe Nina will get to see him now.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5

That bit of dialogue was deranged. It was totally like, "Wiley's great and all, but this will be our REAL baby!!!" Don't be too bummed Wiley, you had a good run being the chosen one!  

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I'm almost wondering if this whole pregnancy storyline is to facilitate Willow suddenly realizing biology does mean something to her and she decides she wants to find her birth mother, which spins Carly into doing all sorts of insane shit to hide the truth from her and when it comes out it causes a rift with her, Michael and Carly.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm almost wondering if this whole pregnancy storyline is to facilitate Willow suddenly realizing biology does mean something to her and she decides she wants to find her birth mother, which spins Carly into doing all sorts of insane shit to hide the truth from her and when it comes out it causes a rift with her, Michael and Carly.

This sounds much too interesting to actually happen.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

But Brando found Sasha quickly and then they spent a few hours at the hospital before it was time to deliver because she wasn't dilated enough centimeters.

An abruption can proceed that slowly. We're putting too much thought into it but it would have made a soapier story if Esme locking Sasha in the storeroom had led to Liam's death.

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

That, coupled with the emphasis on “my baby, our baby” makes me wonder if Willow is going to become obsessively fixated on this child in a way that goes beyond normal maternal love.

She already is with Wylie even if the show won't acknowledge it so it would make sense.

But this is Michael's child and Willow is the "good girl love interest" as opposed to Nelle who was the "bad girl love interest" so I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

That bit of dialogue was deranged. It was totally like, "Wiley's great and all, but this will be our REAL baby!!!"

That's exactly how it sounded. Willow hasn't dealt with the death of her baby, so I guess it makes a certain sense. Wiley was just a placeholder until she could have another baby of her own, even if it was unconscious on her part.

More baby fixation. Gross.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No matter how you slice this, I cannot picture myself watching happy Michael and Willow rubbing the belly. It's borderline abuse.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's still Michael's kid, though, so I don't see any neglect (using that term very broadly) lasting for long, if at all. At least not from Michael.

it would be so deliciously soapy if they do go down the "sins of the father" because i mean. Alan and Tracy, Jason and AJ and now The Brat and Brat the 2nd. (if the Brat the 2nd even lives, it still might be a victim of convientious). 

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Giving Willow two dead babies is a lot. She's not Monica.

Do we know if that ultrasound was supposed to happen right away or if it's coming at a later date?

I think later date, given that Willow was dressed when Michael came into the exam room. I also think they might wait until the rest of the test results come in before focusing so much on the (possible) pregnancy.

I wouldn't mind if the pregnancy wasn't real but instead a symptom of convenientitis. That way Willow doesn't lose another baby (not that she wouldn't mourn that there's no pregnancy).

• Applause 1
On 7/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, dubbel zout said:

I also think they might wait until the rest of the test results come in before focusing so much on the (possible) pregnancy.

Would TJ have told her she’s pregnant if it weren’t confirmed? Or are we to assume TJ’s doctor skills are on par with Jordan’s police skills and Sam’s PI skills (i.e. terrible)?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Don't they test hormone levels or something? It's very early in the pregnancy, so I'd think it's possible something else could be presenting as that.

And given that this is GH, of course TJ is going to tell Willow she's pregnant before anything else. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't they test hormone levels or something? It's very early in the pregnancy, so I'd think it's possible something else could be presenting as that.

And given that this is GH, of course TJ is going to tell Willow she's pregnant before anything else. 

It has to be a disease that mimics pregnancy's symptoms and also be a disease that would require some kind of family blood/organ donation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Would TJ have told her she’s pregnant if it weren’t confirmed? Or are we to assume TJ’s doctor skills are on par with Jordan’s police skills and Sam’s PI skills (i.e. terrible)?

It was a blood test and pregnancy is the first thing they try to eliminate. Her blood test came back positive for that, but they're still testing for other stuff because Willow fainted and was feeling off before Michael's disgusting swimmers found a way around whatever contraception they were using.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

To be fair, telling Willow that she's pregnant and seeing her reaction with Michael, and then finding out that it's really a disease mimicking pregnancy is the soapier choice.

• Love 4

I'm thinking hydatiform mole

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/molar-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20375175

so it's not really a pregnancy....

This show is no good at explaining real medical issues so not sure they would go with something kind of complicated as that. But Britt is very good when she is in "Doctor" mode so it would be nice if they pulled her out of the stupid storyline she is in right now to explain this.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Also, i just hit me. She's been telling Nina "OMG Blood doesn't matter, you know" and when she finds out she's pregnant. "yeah, I mean Wiley is cool and all BUT OUR OWN BABY, MICHAEL!!!"

sure seems blood kinda does matter to you, you dipstick.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Wylie was the placeholder until she could have her own baby.

I think Wylie is more a substitute for her dead baby, but that might be potato, potahto.

I have to say again that I hate his name. I know we have Brad and/or Lucas to blame for that, but ugh.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I have to say again that I hate his name. I know we have Brad and/or Lucas to blame for that, but ugh.

I don't really like the name, either, but I'm glad Michael didn't change his name to yet another iteration of Michael Corinthos.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I think Wylie is more a substitute for her dead baby, but that might be potato, potahto.

I think it's substitute gone into placeholder. I'm sure she loves Wylie in her own obsessive cray-cray way, though.

59 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Better Wylie than Jonah, if I had to choose.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't really like the name, either, but I'm glad Michael didn't change his name to yet another iteration of Michael Corinthos.

I wondering if the Willow baby is going to be Mikey IV

• Mind Blown 1

Never did I think that there was anything to be grateful about Wylie but thank goodness Michael didn't change his name to Michael Corinthos IV.

9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I wondering if the Willow baby is going to be Mikey IV

Will Michael still be mad at Sonny when the baby is born?

In my dreams, Michael will name a baby after Alan and AJ. Because he's so proud of being a Quartermaine and not a Corinthos, right?

6 hours ago, Blackie said:

I'm thinking hydatiform mole

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/molar-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20375175

so it's not really a pregnancy....

A non-viable pregnancy for which the only treatment is abortion.🤔

But there is no need for a donation from a family member so if they do go that route, the Nina connection won't come out yet.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lol I’m pretty sure it didn’t happen only because they couldn’t think of a nickname. This show only allow kids to go by their name when they are named after someone else if the person they are named after is dead or doesn’t go by their given name. 

IMO, Michael shouldn't be identified as a Quartermaine. He is a Corinthos. That's who raised him. That's who he is. He shouldn't be in ELQ. He shouldn't be living in the Q mansion. I will never consider him (or Drew for that matter) a Quartermaine. I hope he doesn't name his brat Alan. It would just be fake! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

Enchanted/Erica Kane shout out! x2
Sasha's dress doesn't look face of Deception-y
Why do I feel like i know the chick in the blue jacket?

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

In my dreams, Michael will name a baby after Alan and AJ. Because he's so proud of being a Quartermaine and not a Corinthos, right?

I hope not. He's not a Q to me. 
Bearded Wonder don't take the Q job. if you aren't there  right away, you'll get fired. 

Joss is a horrible girlfriend. #freecam.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT SPINELLI AND HIS STUPID NEW BUSINESS. Also also DON'T CARE ABOUT BEARDED WONDER. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BRITT IN THIS STORYLINE. 

I don't want Nina to buy Crimson, I wannt her to buy the hooteeeellll. (whines) Ooh but Olivia's big mouth means that Nina knows. so please please buy the Hotel, and then buy out Olivia. Also. i refuse to believe that Crimson is worth that much that it can save the hotel. unless Dumbo  is going  to cash in all his money, but then i hope they both flop

Oh look. Trina asks Joss not to start, and Joss ignores her. #GREATBESTFRIENDEVER! but i laughed so hard when they all pushed each other into the pool. (I mean I like Spencer, but i wish that Spencer hit his head, and then Cassadines sue Carly for the rest of the money Carly has. DO IT).  but of Course carly just bans Spencer + Esme from the hotel that she no longer owns. Whatever. 

Oh look. Olivia is a sucky sucky person, news at eleven. 

Gladys is the best ride and die person ever

So Sonny, did you want Spinelli to introduce you as Mike Cowboy or something. that's your name dumbo. 

Also. Carly is just drinking, and walking around pouting while everyone else is trying to save her butt. Carly why don't you start finding ways to save your butt (or just tell people you don't want the hotel anymore)

35 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I will never consider him (or Drew for that matter) a Quartermaine.

certainly not this Drew.
Honestly, i've pretty much kicked out most honorary Q's at this point because they all don't care about the family. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

They recast Rocco. I hope that this one can act.

Britt:  "But you're such a great catch -- accident-prone, uncouth, poor."   Please keep the animosity to Cody, Britt. He's such a loser, more interested blackmailing Spinelli than talking to Olivia when she offers him a real job.

Briefly I thought that Drew is not a total loss -- unlike Michael he acknowledges that Valentin outmanoeuvred him and at least knows that he has to do something businesslike to save Aurora. But no, it's all about saving Carly.

Joss: "Why can't you unload like you want to? I mean, you know I'm not going to judge." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spinelli, if Brandi is your Society Setup, she's after your money.

As much as I hate Carly, she (and LW) is doing a good job of holding it together after receiving devastating news. Or maybe it's because she's read the scripts and knows that someone will save her.

Spencer, Esme and Joss actors doing a good job of making it look like the pool is actually deep.

How is Brook Lynn so stupid?

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why do I feel like i know the chick in the blue jacket?

Morgan Fairchild, from Friends, Days of Our Lives, Falcon Crest and a zillion other things. Looking pretty damn good for 72.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I don't want Nina to buy Crimson, I wannt her to buy the hooteeeellll. (whines) Ooh but Olivia's big mouth means that Nina knows. so please please buy the Hotel, and then buy out Olivia. Also. i refuse to believe that Crimson is worth that much that it can save the hotel. unless Dumbo  is going  to cash in all his money, but then i hope they both flop

It's possible that the money in combination with what Carly can produce will be enough to get a loan to buy back the hotel.

I wish that Nina would buy the hotel, or at least Drew. But probably it will be Sonny now that he knows, and he'll save Carly yet again.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Gladys is the best ride and die person ever

They've done a really good job of redeeming her.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I don’t get what they’re doing with Chase/BL already and have zero interest in Chase becoming a singer. Also, Sonny owes  Carly absolutely nothing. She made an idiotic business decision and should have to suffer the consequences. Olivia has gotten beyond insufferable. 

The handwringing over Carly is a bit much. I doubt she’s even broke-broke. She still has Greystone and probably some money, just not enough to buy the MC back. It’s not like she founded the hotel anyway. She got handed half of the MC after trading away ELQ shares that she was handed over from Lorenzo in their divorce. 

• Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The handwringing over Carly is a bit much. I doubt she’s even broke-broke. She still has Greystone and probably some money, just not enough to buy the MC back. It’s not like she founded the hotel anyway. She got handed half of the MC after trading away ELQ shares that she was handed over from Lorenzo in their divorce. 

Carly did have some part in building up that hotel. When the PC Hotel burnt down, Carly did get access to the new hotel and Jax allowed her input in the hotel as they were  partners (in more ways than one). She has been running that hotel for more than a decade with a various set of different partners (Jax, Kate, Olivia, Nikolas).

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sasha's dress doesn't look face of Deception-y

no kidding!!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But there is no need for a donation from a family member so if they do go that route, the Nina connection won't come out yet.

Well unless she gets the rare case that turns into a metastatic cancer and Carly just finally feels so guilty she has to tell the truth.  Or they write it as if it needs a bone marrow transplant, like I said they are never accurate on medical stories.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They recast Rocco. I hope that this one can act.

How old is he supposed to be? This kid looks the age of Aiden or Jake (I forget who is younger)

I am glad Can stood up for his "face". As someone with PBF I hate when people say, "what is wrong with you/don't make that face". OK it is mostly my son who says that, but I am constantly saying "This is my face".

I don't know who has the stupider plan, Cam and Spencer or Brooklyn but Cam and Spencer are still teenagers so I give them a pass.

I didn't realize it was her at first either 👇

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Morgan Fairchild,

15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She still has Greystone

?? I don't remember what this is

• Like 1