Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Dear Dante, I love you to death but maybe you should do your job correctly and TAKE THE PAINTING WITH YOU TO DUST FOR FINGERPRINTS.  Why is it still on the freakin' mantle

He can't dust for prints because the realtor who has clearly staged all Port Charles homes for quick sale would lose it. Seriously I have seen model homes that look more lived in than these sets. Why does Alexis only have three books and why are they all white? Did Tracy get some kind of wholesale deal on blue delft china in Amsterdam? Drew has no personal effects of his own, only reproduction nautical lamps?

I get they are in HD now and they move fast to sets have to be precise for continuity but yeesh. Let Alexis read a book with a blue spine at least.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why do we never see Willow wearing scrubs and having medical responsibilities at the hospital.  I think she wore scrubs once or twice way back when she first started but not recently.  I would think that she would be  having increasing time doing hands on stuff. I think nursing students around here spend time doing clinical work and actually getting practical experience.  We used to see Kiki in scrubs and actually working at the hospital while she was a med student.  Maybe holier than thou Willow doesn't need to do all that demeaning and disgusting stuff. She can contribute just by blessing them all with her Corinthos superiority and telling everyone why they are wrong.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

We used to see Kiki in scrubs and actually working at the hospital while she was a med student.

Willow makes me miss Kiki and I didn't even hate Kiki half as much as I do Willow. The Corinthoast taint in her is very strong.

Incidentally, if Willow turns out to be Nina's daughter, then she and Kiki are half-sisters.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Why do we never see Willow wearing scrubs and having medical responsibilities at the hospital.  I think she wore scrubs once or twice way back when she first started but not recently.  I would think that she would be  having increasing time doing hands on stuff. I think nursing students around here spend time doing clinical work and actually getting practical experience.  We used to see Kiki in scrubs and actually working at the hospital while she was a med student.  Maybe holier than thou Willow doesn't need to do all that demeaning and disgusting stuff. She can contribute just by blessing them all with her Corinthos superiority and telling everyone why they are wrong.  

I honestly forgot she was in nursing school!! 🤣🤣🤣

She and Michael are automatic mute material for me. I was wondering why they were at the hospital! Hahaha! She should be in scrubs more often. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

i just find it hilarious that Nina is trying to play by their rules and being polite and whatever, they keep throwing it in her face, and i bet you tomorrow or the next time they are on - they are going to kvetch, and kvetch hard about Nina pressing her rights. 

You as hypocritcal Willow was being about Nina being cheater, I believe the bigger issue is that she feels that Nina is using her. She tells Nina that she will try to advocate for her place in Wylie's life and then finds out about Nina's lies by omission or outright lies.

And whatever to Nina saying that she loves Wylie and that she misses him so much. Originally rather than to fix things with Michael and Willow after telling Wylie that Willow wasn't his real mommy, she ran out of town. Jax blackmails Michael into allowing Nina to visit again with Wylie and after 1 visit in Port Charles, she runs back to the emptiest bar in Nixon Falls to have her delusional relationship with Mike the Amnesiac for the next few months.

Nina is a loon. If Wylie's parents don't want her for whatever reason (petty or legitimate), that is their right. Nina has had only a handful of interactions with Wylie before she blew that up. She doesn't get to play doting grandma just because she found a psychopath had the other half of her Little Orphan Annie's heart necklace.

So when the show finishes the pivot that Willow and not Nelle is Nina's daughter is she going to push her rights as a grandmother because she is Wylie's adoptive's mother's biological mother even though Willow will want nothing to do with her?

• Love 1

Nina told Wiley she was his other's mommy's mommy. not that Willow wasn't his mommy. The show never showed Nina saying "Willow isn't your mother." Nina apologized for talking about Nelle to the kid (which Michael never said not to do  - if i am wrong about that aspect i'll stand corrected). 

Nina never spent time with Wiley because Michael snatched the cookie away as well as. it wasn't just about the stupid romance, by that time Lenny etc was sick and all. and she wanted to be there for her friends. 

with regards to Wiley, Nina has  basically jumped through hoops. and even considered giving up her rights because Willow asked to appease Michael.  She doesn't go out of her way to see him, she just doesn't "show up" and ambush Wiley. She doesn't press the fact that she does have legal rights to have access to her grandchild. She's played it how those two want it. 

As I said, Willow was channeling her inner Carly today. Nina and Willow aren't friends, and so why on earth would Nina tell willow all her business. They aren't friends, the aren't confidents - why would nina give Willow the dirty business. She told the truth. no omissions here. "Carly and I will never have peace." Fact. Carly and Nina would never have peace even if Nina and Sonny didn't have sexytimes.

Who would give information like that. - again:
"Hi willow. I know you're advocating for me. so I need to update you on the situation - so. Sonny told me things were over with Carly, so we decided to sleep together but Carly found us. So now that you know everything can we schedule a playdate on Saturday?". who would do that?

Willow can be on team Carly in this - which is understandable because she's not friendly with nina. but Nina didn't owe her a cotton picking thing other than what she said the other day. 

Michael and Willow are doing with Wiley and Nina the same thing that Carly and Sonny did with the Quatermaines. Use that child as a weapon/punishment. "you play nice. you can see him, you can't. screw you." Either withhold access until the kid is 18 (which you know Nina can still contest), or let the kid know his grandmother and deal with the fact that you don't like her. I've been calling Sonny and Carly out on that crap for years i'm not going to give Michael and Willow a pass on it either. 

• Love 14

Awfully rich of Willow to be like Hiss, Adulteress! at Nina.

I don't have anything against Laura Wright (though she'll never really be Carly to me, no matter how many more years in the role she has on Sarah Brown), but could she... take a vacation? I feel like Carly is on 15 days a week every week.

• Love 21
(edited)
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

So when the show finishes the pivot that Willow and not Nelle is Nina's daughter is she going to push her rights as a grandmother because she is Wylie's adoptive's mother's biological mother even though Willow will want nothing to do with her?

Will they remove Nelle as Nina's daughter, though, or they just going to complicate the hell out of it? Using a dumb necklace as a DNA test is just dumb as hell.

In any case, I don't know that biology matters. Harmony isn't Wylie's biological grandmother and she considers him her grandson. 

Feelings don't change because biology does.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

Oh Good Lord.

I was rolling my eyes at reading the axe throwing on this show? And just found out from another thread, that this is a new...thing(?!!) on some reality show.

So of course Frank had to rip it off; just like he did that thing with Anna trashing...computers? last year? two years ago?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I honestly don’t know the proper place to ask this, but did I miss commentary about the abrupt change to the theme music? If so, my loss. If not, WTF? Whose bright idea was this? Is Frank now expanding his role into the realm of musical director? Was this composed by some dude he met in the supermarket? Sheesh! At least they kept a few thematic elements in it, but why not go retro and use the ORIGINAL opening music?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

I honestly don’t know the proper place to ask this, but did I miss commentary about the abrupt change to the theme music? If so, my loss. If not, WTF? Whose bright idea was this? Is Frank now expanding his role into the realm of musical director? Was this composed by some dude he met in the supermarket? Sheesh! At least they kept a few thematic elements in it, but why not go retro and use the ORIGINAL opening music?

It was mentioned when it first changed pages back.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Good Lord.

I was rolling my eyes at reading the axe throwing on this show? And just found out from another thread, that this is a new...thing(?!!) on some reality show.

So of course Frank had to rip it off; just like he did that thing with Anna trashing...computers? last year? two years ago?

Those ax throwing places were trendy around 3-4 years ago where I live. I went once for a team building activity and found it kind of boring tbh. It’s just a less fun version of darts. I did find it funny that the actresses were using the baby axes that are meant for children. 

15 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

yeah, I mentioned it when it first happened. and that was my thought. i never understood why they ditched the original music  (well 90's music but it's original to me). but  whatever.  it's about 2ish weeks old?

• Love 2
(edited)

That definitely was not the original painting Franco did of Liz, which we saw her sitting for. There's no reason he couldn't have done two, but they were similar enough that I think we were supposed to think it was the same one.

The other one was actually pretty good, although it was more like "Rebecca Herbst as she might look in 15 years." Still, if you looked at it and you watched GH, you'd know who it was supposed to be. This one was not good.

So I think it was a case of "We want to bring back that painting he did of her in 2016 for a story. Is it still in prop storage? No? Well, shit. Find someone who can paint a little. Here's a publicity photo of Becky. Hurry." 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Why did someone put Franco's painting of  Rachel Bilson in Liz's house?!

I see it! I also see a hint of Alyssa Milano in it 😂 

2 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

The music sounds like some generic opening to the 6:00 news.  Only there’s like 50 anchors. (This Just In: Carly still sucks)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

And whatever to Nina saying that she loves Wylie and that she misses him so much. Originally rather than to fix things with Michael and Willow after telling Wylie that Willow wasn't his real mommy, she ran out of town. Jax blackmails Michael into allowing Nina to visit again with Wylie and after 1 visit in Port Charles, she runs back to the emptiest bar in Nixon Falls to have her delusional relationship with Mike the Amnesiac for the next few months.

Nina is a loon. If Wylie's parents don't want her for whatever reason (petty or legitimate), that is their right. Nina has had only a handful of interactions with Wylie before she blew that up. She doesn't get to play doting grandma just because she found a psychopath had the other half of her Little Orphan Annie's heart necklace.

Two issues here, the legal and the moral. Whether Willow wants anything to do with Nina or not, Nina has the legal right to see her biological grandson. She does not have to beg Michael for access although she was willing to in order to compromise.

The moral one is more complex. Nina agreed to spy for Carly to keep Nelle from getting any custodial rights to Wylie. But as she got to know Nelle more, Nina became conflicted and saw signs that Nelle did want to give Wylie a good life. In the end, Nina supported Michael.

And then she found out that Nelle was really the daughter who was taken from her and that Jax, the man who supposed loved her, had hidden this to protect Carly, and when she tried to forge a relationship with Wylie, Michael barred her because Willow's feelings were hurt. Learning that Jax put Carly over her and unable to see Michael, Nina went away to regroup.  She did come back when Jax "blackmailed" Michael on his hypocrisy and Nina got to see Wylie again.

IIRC, Nina returned to Nixon Falls when Sonny phoned her that Lenny was dying and he and Phyllis needed her.

If we talk about loons, Willow is in much worse shape than Nina. She glommed on to Wylie as a replacement for her own child who died and she glommed on to Michael's "perfect" Corinthos family maybe because of the family she wanted and never had. And she seems to be holding on the Corinthos family with a desperation and a need to punish Nina for the problems that are in it. She's exchanged one cult for another. Michael and his family may think that he's the world's greatest father but he is also very manipulative and controlling. 

It wasn't Wylie that Nina upset in telling him that he is her grandmother, it was Willow. The real reason Michael kept Nina from Wylie is because he wants to erase Nelle from existence. And because poor fragile Willow was upset to hear someone say that she wasn't Wylie's biological mother.

It is none of Willow's business what Sonny and Carly do. Yes, Nina should have told Sonny who he is (and she was going to till Carly attacked  her for wanting to have a relationship with Wylie) but it was Sonny's decision not to tell Carly what happened in Nixon Falls and Sonny's decision to sleep with Nina as Carly was rejecting him. On the other hand, it was Willow's decision not to talk to Sonny and tell him that she had overheard him and Nina in the Quiet Room and give him a head's up on the situation.

Nina should not have to submit to a purity test to prove that she is worthy of seeing her grandson especially one so skewed by Carly, Michael and Willow.

I have some thoughts on whether Nelle was a psychopath but that's for another post.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

if Willow turns out to be Nina's daughter, then she and Kiki are half-sisters.

How? I can't work it out.

16 hours ago, nilyank said:

If Wylie's parents don't want her for whatever reason (petty or legitimate), that is their right.

Not really. In NYS, grandparents have legal rights when it comes to their grandkids. Wylie is what, 3, 4? Nina is hardly going to be telling him about her dreamy boyfriend in Nixon Falls and how keeping that secret blew up his family. If Willow and Michael are so worried, one of them can hover in the background of every visit. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How? I can't work it out.

Silas Clay is their father.

Oh, right! I've pretty much blocked out everything except his awesome burn to Morgan that he's an adult. Supposedly.

• LOL 4

Today's Show. 
we'll see how much i can get done. I'm feeling quite yuck today.

We open with Sam chucking axes and Dante is all "yay go you." he throws and gets a bulleye. go Dante. 

Finn is comforting Liz. Liz can't understand what is going on, what's the end game? Jake shows up. "the Police was here, what's going on?"

Portia sees Jasonlite. "Hi! Hi!" Jasonlite tells Portia he had a meeting. it was business on behalf of a friend. 

Curtis is wrapping up a business call. He sees Hatman. "Sup? Why are you here?" Hatman wags a finger ""Coz i know what you did."

Mac and Felicia  are bonding over the baby. Anna appears. Girls Scorpio give them a minute. Mac wants to know if there's any news on WSBLackey. Anna says nope. he be dead. 

Laura sees Maxie and Baileylou and she gushes. maxie says her heart is all full of gratitude it could burst. Austin appears "How about forgiveness? is there room in your heart for that?"

credits!!
i also noticed that Eden McCoy's credit picture is updated. instead of the bright smile, it's more. profile-smug face. it's nice but lol it's like an indication she's 100 % Carly-indoctrinated 

Axethrowing
Dante and Sam are bantering. they are cuteish. Sam is perky today. Sam thinks Dante was a mountainman in his previous life. Dante infodumps sam about Liz.

Liz's Place
Finn is questioning Jake. Jake is channeling Chad Duel's facial expressions.. Jake gets fed up and goes "why are y'all questioning me?" Cam reminds him that someone broke in and hung the not-Liz painting on the mantle. Finn asks if Jake has been in contact with Betsy. Jake ... channels Michael face again. 

Hospital
Austin didn't want anything to happen to baileylou. Austin apologizes again because he didn't know that Sheffield was involved with Peter. Maxie hisses that she begged him to stay out of BLQ's business multiple times. Austin sadly says He'll understand if Maxie can't forgive him. Laura takes this time to leave (haha). Maxie wants to know what does Austin know on Sheffield?

Anna and Mac are talking about WSBLackey. Laura shows up. Infodumps. Anna says WSBLackey had a phone on him and he had a local number. "Are we thinking the same thing?" laura asks. Mac is fed up, wants his clothes and wants to go do his job at the police station. Felicia bursts in. "Nhuhnuh! you're going home or you'll answer to me!" 

Coffeeshop
Hatman tells him about the job offer and that was Curtis's idea. but why can't he be honest. Curtis throws shade "like you are with me?" "Payback?" asks Hatman. They comment how similar they are. Hatman doesn't want to have his life investigated in. Curtis pouts. Hatman says "you're not going to ask me?" Curtis says "I'll wait for you to tell me. or not." Hatman says if he takes the job, Jasonlite could figure out he might have a criminal past. (holy crap on a cracker. just shut up).

Liz's place
Jake has no idea what's going on. Cam lets Jake know that Peter is dead. In the kitchen Liz is mad at Finn. "Don't give him the third degree." Finn: "I just asked if he saw anything." Liz "well it felt like you were insinuating he did something with the portrait. "Finn: "no... I'm not suggesting it. Liz do really think I'm accusing your sons.... or are you actually worried they could be involved?"

Axethrowing. 
They re chatting who could do this to Elizabeth. 

Metrocourt. 
Portia is happy Jasonlite is safe because he means so much to Curtis. Jasonlite: "yeup. I'm thankful for Curtis too especially since I lost both my brothers." (hmm. Franco. Jason..... who is missing. I KNOW. AJ! but we don't talk about him do we, GH?)  

Portia; "ya'll have gone through so much change lately. I could write a book about you!" (Jasonlite: "Please don't!"). "But so has Curtis! Auntie health issues. career changes. and dead daddy reappearing!

Coffeeshop
Hatman wishes stuff didn't happen that didn't impact his life. (Curtis reminds Hatman sealed records don't show up in background checks). Curtis wants to know if Hatman wants the job. Hatman says yes. and he wanted Curtis to hear the turndown from him, not Jasonlite. Curtis goes that's a sign of trust. Hatman says telling him was a relief. and he's not holding back due to lack of trust. "Why hold back at all?" asks Curtis. (shurrruppp.)

Hospital
Felicia is asking Mac if he hears her. "THE whole hospital can hear you!" Mac snaps.  Felicia says "Your choices are here or home?" Mac pouts. Felicia asks Laura and Anna if they are to blame for this. Anna quickly goes "I was just briefing him." "Turncoat" grouses Mac. Laura says that Mac is irreplaceable. but he should concentrating on getting better, and he'll work on a replacement."

"NO NEED!" Camera pans to the door. "Mac's done a great job as commissioner but i'm back and ready for Duty!" "JORDAN!" cheers the other ladies.(This Jordan looks YOUNG. like. Love interest to TJ young not. his mother. sheesh). 

Austin and Maxie go to his office. Infodumps about how Lisel and he planted a bug on Sheffield. Maxie wants to know why. "Lisel gave me no choice, and I wanted to make it up to you and Baileylou" Austin says what they heard Sheffield talking about Jasonlite and tarot cards. "Does this mean anything?" Asks Maxie. 

Jordan infodumps how the clinic was tough but she is back, and ready to get caught up. Laura and Anna take Jordan outside. Felicia says "Discharge nurse gave me the paperwork, ready to go home?" "BORN READY!" cheers Mac. "To leave the hospital?" queries Felicia. Mac wrinkles his nose. "That doesn't really work, does it?" both laugh. (More Mac, less mob please, thanks). 

Axethrowing
more Betsy Frank/Liz infodumping. Dante isn't convinced that it is Betsy though. They are thinking too that maybe there was another woman. Sam calls Spinelli. 

Liz's Place
"my boys would never terrorize me." Liz says. "Agreed. So do you think I'm overstepping my bounds, because i'll back off." Finn promises. 

Jake wants to know if it's okay to feel glad if someone is dead. "Not if it's Peter." comforts Cam. Jake says peter took franco away from them and blamed his dad. "Yeah I blamed Jason too which made things crappy between us."  Cam says. "I wish he died sooner." Jake says. "Before your dad died fighting him?" asks Cam? Jake nods, and Cam hugs his brother. 

Coffee place
same crap. "i can't tell you because it's not safe to do so yet." both glare at each other. Curtis brings up Portia. Hatman thinks it' great. Hatman says you don't have to worry about anything. I swear on everything we hold dear, I won't let anything hurt you. Curtis says thanks and he won't pry. Hatman is going to take the job. 

Metrocourt
both Portia and Jasonlite want the best for Curtis. Both are saying they are standing back just keeping an eye on Hatman but wll step in if things get shady. Jasonlite says he can't wait to get to know the woman that stole Curtis's help.

Hospital.
Laura doesn't know if she can fully infodump Jordan because it's classified. (telling Jordan about Sheffield is classified? LOL). Jordan pouts. Laura basically makes Jordan Commish again. 

Liz's Place
Finn does admit what they have is  new and they didn't establish what Finn is to the boys but he wants to. Liz agrees, and wants that She just wants answers. Finn promises they'll get answers. 

Jake is sad that Liz is freaked out but happy the painting is saved. Jake is worried that Franco is being forgotten. 

Axethrowing
Dante and Sam are having a sexy cuddly moment as he teaches her how to throw an axe. kisses and smootches. Spinelli ruins the moment. He got the camera footage. Dante sees Betsy lied because she never went into the cemetery. Also we find out in Nov. Betsy was arrested by the NYC Police. 

Metrocourt
Jasonlite is telling Portia stories. hahah. it's about Curtis and rats. (CM was hilarious here. doing a Head-shake finger shake. "No No no, I don't do rats.").  Jasonlite gives Portia the listing to a new property.

Hospital
Austin whines how hard it was to listen to Sheffield LOL. Maxie says it was brave. Austin corrects an goes "it was out of fear." Fear of something happening to Maxie, or Baileylou. the end of this - Maxie says that Austin wasn't to blame for this. Forgiveness happens. They hold hand. 

GH Angels are wondering what Sheffield wants with Jasonlite and the conditioning. Laura splits. Anna asks Jordan if she wants dinner. Jordan says she needs to see someone first.

Savoy
Curtis is there. Portia shows up , "Dinner!" and Portia says she has great news.

Axethrowing
Betsy was arrested for driving infractions. Smootches and smootches and smootches, and Dante takes Sam's phone and tries to see the rest of the arrest record.

Liz's place
Finn apologizes to Jake and explains that sometimes he lives in his head and can't communicate clearly. (hey me too FInn!). Jake says "Aiden and I can take care of our mom. We've been doing it since Franco died." 

Liz says that the boys were amazing, but it's not the boys job. Jake wants to know how do they know what Franco would want if he's not here. Liz assures him. Finn swears he's not trying to replace Franco but they can forge a connection of their own. Jake.... looks confused. (i don't really slag on child actors. I really don't - but if they are going to do a big Jake storyline. they need to recast because this kid legit had the same expression and tone ALL. EPISODE. that of  "Smell the fart" acting, or - maybe just he forgot what it was like to be on camera).  

Savoy
Portia is showing off the potential new set. Curtis loves it. Portia loves it. they love each other. Jordan is in the distance and eyerolls. 

Metrocourt
Hatman wants the job. He's thankful. Jasonlite says fill the application. and we'll do the background check. Hatman says go for it. "I have nothing to hide.

Hospital.
Maxie and Austin share a moment. "what are you going to focus on now?" asks Austin since he reminds her that Maxie said they couldn't start anything until Maxie found Baileylou. and now she's back.

Axethrowing
Betsy was heldup for a 72 hr Psych eval. 

Liz's place
Jake doesn't want to hear anymore schoompy. He wants to go to his room. Doorbell rings. It's Betsy. "I wasn't honest with you before. I need to tell you the truth. All of it!"

show ends. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Nina should not have to submit to a purity test to prove that she is worthy of seeing her grandson especially one so skewed by Carly, Michael and Willow.

On the other hand, she did steal another woman's unborn baby.  She also has the financial resources to take off with Wiley and never return. 

• Love 1
(edited)

NuJordan is gorgeous and superficially, I’m glad they cast another tall woman. There was a period in the 2000s when almost every woman they cast was 5’2” or under, which irked me because I always felt like they did that because MB and SBu are vertically challenged and god forbid, they not look like big strong men next to the women.  

Judging from the previews, I guess the whole town will have scenes at this ax throwing place? They really know how to run a new set into the ground. First everyone is suddenly hanging out at the pool, next yoga, and now ax throwing. 

Also, should Dante be sharing his police investigation info with Sam? Seems like it should be confidential and why does she need to involve herself in this investigation? She’s not a cop no matter how much they like to pretend she is. I’d much rather they give Chase his badge back so Dante has an actual partner.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Hatman wants the job. He's thankful. Jasonlite says fill the application. and we'll do the background check. Hatman says go for it. "I have nothing to hide.

Then why have we been bored senseless by way too many scenes of him telling everyone he can't talk about his past?

Jordan 3.0 is way too young.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

my thing is - if you are building a set for axethrowing why not just build some other apartments and show people at home? goodness.

They’re pretty weird about showing people at home even for those that have established places. The only home sets that we consistently see are the Q mansion and Greystone. I actually think Alexis’ house might be third considering how often they show it with how little she’s on though but she’s been in her office for the last month. Every other home or apt set is only seen once in a blue moon and there’s almost always some plot purpose behind why they’re there. While I’m sure it’s due to the way they shoot things (they’d have to tape multiple scenes in a set to make putting it up worthwhile), it’s noticeable. 

Wasn't Dante called to Elizabeth's house officially? So why is he telling Sam all about the case? At the same time the mayor is telling for police commissioner she can't read her in yet because she's not officially back on the job.  Worse, why is Sam getting involved with it by calling Spinelli? This is all so intrusive.

Is Dante cuddling Sam while axe throwing supposed to be sexy? I cringed through the past life conversation because Dante is better at axe throwing than Sam.

I'm upset for Trina's sake that Portia is moving out of Trina's family home so that she can move in with a guy she's been dating for 2 months.

10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

On the other hand, she did steal another woman's unborn baby.  She also has the financial resources to take off with Wiley and never return. 

I wasn't watching in those days so I don't feel the visceral reaction. (Also CW's Nina is not like MS's Nina.) I take my cue from Ava.

But if Michael is worried, do supervised visitation. Nina is so desperate to have a relationship with Wylie, I think she'd accept.

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jake is channeling Chad Duel's facial expressions....  Jake ... channels Michael face again

And now you've reminded me that they are indeed first cousins through Jason and AJ. I agree that they need to recast if he's going to have a big storyline because today was not good.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm upset for Trina's sake that Portia is moving out of Trina's family home so that she can move in with a guy she's been dating for 2 months.

well, two months and years of affair sexy times. 

• Useful 1
On 2/28/2022 at 9:11 PM, ByaNose said:

Poor Elizabeth. She had to come home to a painting hanging above her fireplace of a woman that looks nothing like her. Very odd. I guess GH had to cut the budget with a real artist. 

And also, it’s kind of an intimate portrait.  Like she’s wearing a blanket with obviously nothing underneath and her cleavage hanging out.  I don’t usually mind this but I would feel weird about my teenaged sons seeing such an intimate moment.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:03 AM, dubbel zout said:
On 2/26/2022 at 7:04 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

My preference would be for Drew to continue to not hang around them, but I'm not going to hate him because he does.

I am. He's kissing the asses of people who will drop him—again!—the instant SB's Jason returns. 

And this time he will deserve it, because it’s not like it will be a surprise. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

So I like Nina for the most part and I think she should be allowed to spend more time with Wiley.  However it scares the shit out of me that a grandparent can sue for visitation against the parents wishes.  Can a grandparent also sue for custody??  Like sometimes grandparents can be toxic, and as long as the parents are keeping their child safe and healthy it should be their call who gets to spend time with their children, biology be damned.  Look I hate Michael and Willow as much as the next guy, but they are fit(ish) parents and if they want to keep Nina away, well, that should be up to them. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And also, it’s kind of an intimate portrait.  Like she’s wearing a blanket with obviously nothing underneath and her cleavage hanging out.  I don’t usually mind this but I would feel weird about my teenaged sons seeing such an intimate moment.

And this time he will deserve it, because it’s not like it will be a surprise. 

Especially, since CM personally called FV for a job. He’s a nice guy and he’s very friendly with the whole cast and is always commenting on their Instagram post. In fact, I saw on LW post he was playing Pickle Ball with most of the cast. That said, he would have been the last person I would have cast as a Drew replacement. He’s all wrong for the part. Now, he’s in PC and he’s everyone’s best friend. Although, I think if SB ever returned they would still keep CM on since this Drew is so different than Billy Millers (Drew). 

• Love 2

I know Brook Kerr will forever look like she's 25, but the Portia giggle is really annoying. Portia is a grown woman, not a high school student sharing gossip with her besties.

I know that the Sam/Dante scenes were supposed to come off as sexy when he was showing her how to throw the axe, but I rolled my eyes instead. We've seen this scene with the baseball bat. I know soaps recycle material, but that scene didn't happen that long ago. I also find it annoying that we saw Sam hit the target, but suddenly, she can't, so "man mountain" has to show her how. 

So this tapped into that part of my brain that I try to keep sedated with chocolate.

NuJordan is gorgeous, but the jury is out on the acting. 

Jake actor is not a child anymore. Are they going to start having some storylines with the upcoming crop of teenagers. I don't even think there are girls in that age bracket. 

The whole song and dance about Marshall not wanting to do a background check was really for absolutely no reason after all. Those scenes between him and Drew are precious minutes of my life that I will never get back. I could have been playing a new game of solitaire.

Bailey baby who was with BLQ and Chase was cuter than the one Maxie had. I know. I suck as a human being.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Franco's paintings have looked more and more amateur hour as the years have gone by. IIRC when it was creepy Franco in the role of creepy Franco they at least attempted to make his art look high end. Now it just looks like bad DeviantArt. I feel like these days they just get randos to do whatever on a budget. And yeah, Liz should be embarrassed to have her kids see that lol.

Hudson West (Jake) has been pretty good for years running IMO so I would suspect Jake is just trying for a bad poker face. I wish his latest bout of crazy was not about poor dead Fronks.

I see they've attempted to finally make me distinguish between the anonymous white women on this show by changing Sasha's hair color. It won't work!

What does Aurora do? And why do I care about Curtis' dad?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So I like Nina for the most part and I think she should be allowed to spend more time with Wiley.  However it scares the shit out of me that a grandparent can sue for visitation against the parents wishes.  Can a grandparent also sue for custody??  Like sometimes grandparents can be toxic, and as long as the parents are keeping their child safe and healthy it should be their call who gets to spend time with their children, biology be damned.  Look I hate Michael and Willow as much as the next guy, but they are fit(ish) parents and if they want to keep Nina away, well, that should be up to them. 

Grandparents rights are notoriously hard to get but there’s specific conditions behind it and reason why people go to court for them. I think the most common reason is that the parent loses custody and it’s their way of maintaining some relationship with the child when someone other than the parent has primary custody over them.

In Nina’s case, it would be more because Wiley’s biological mom is dead and there’s an assumption that she would have had a relationship with Wiley had Nelle been alive, which is questionable since we don’t know if Nelle and Nina would have been close. I actually think her trying to get grandparent’s rights as Willow’s mother over her wishes would have been a significantly harder case to win because they would normally go by the parent’s wishes if they are both fit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

A grandparent can sue for custody or visitation. Maybe if she does, she will take a  DNA test to see if Nelle is actually related to her instead of relaying on a fucking necklace.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jake actor is not a child anymore. Are they going to start having some storylines with the upcoming crop of teenagers. I don't even think there are girls in that age bracket. 

While I hope they don’t because the current crop of teens already bore me, they could bring back Emma who I think is the same age as this Jake. However, I think the actress is pretty wooden and was better as a kid then a teen judging by her last few appearances. Otherwise, there’s no one unless they soras some of the younger girls. 

10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What does Aurora do? And why do I care about Curtis' dad?

Aurora is a media company. Jax used to own the Magazine and I dunno what the other branch is. 

We still have no idea what is up with Hatman

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They’re pretty weird about showing people at home even for those that have established places. The only home sets that we consistently see are the Q mansion and Greystone. I actually think Alexis’ house might be third considering how often they show it with how little she’s on though but she’s been in her office for the last month. Every other home or apt set is only seen once in a blue moon and there’s almost always some plot purpose behind why they’re there. While I’m sure it’s due to the way they shoot things (they’d have to tape multiple scenes in a set to make putting it up worthwhile), it’s noticeable. 

I always love to spot the re-purposed sets.

Alexis' home used to be the set for Sonny's safe house (and trysting place with Emily). And although no one has ever confirmed, Elizabeth's looks just like the Webber (and later Scorpio) home. Jax's looks like part of the Cassadine Island mansion.

I don't know how many times we've seen the house that was first Luke Spencer's flashback childhood home, then possibly something Nixon Falls related, and then where Jordan and Portia were trapped in the basement.

So they really do resist making brand-new dwellings, huh? I can't imagine what this potential Portia/Curtis house will be like.

10 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I always love to spot the re-purposed sets.

Alexis' home used to be the set for Sonny's safe house (and trysting place with Emily). And although no one has ever confirmed, Elizabeth's looks just like the Webber (and later Scorpio) home. Jax's looks like part of the Cassadine Island mansion.

I don't know how many times we've seen the house that was first Luke Spencer's flashback childhood home, then possibly something Nixon Falls related, and then where Jordan and Portia were trapped in the basement.

So they really do resist making brand-new dwellings, huh? I can't imagine what this potential Portia/Curtis house will be like.

The “renovated” Gatehouse is another repurposed safe house set. I think Jason was using it before and they were keeping Kristina there during that DOD SL for her exit therapy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Portia said that she wanted something fashionable and spacious for entertaining so I imagine something like the house Hayden and Finn never moved into.

37 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

However it scares the shit out of me that a grandparent can sue for visitation against the parents wishes.  

I think that rapists, even if they are in prison, being able to get access to the child of the rape over the mother's wishes is even worse.

Family entanglements are difficult things but I assume that if the parent can prove that the grandparents is harmful or abusive, that would end grandparent visitation. Or at least force it to be supervised.

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Aurora is a media company. Jax used to own the Magazine and I dunno what the other branch is.

Wasn't the Invader originally part of it too? Jax bought the magazine division from Drew as Billy Miller was leaving.

There has to be a digital department. Not that Jasonlite shows any real concern with running it other than to scam Hatman.

31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Bailey baby who was with BLQ and Chase was cuter than the one Maxie had. I know. I suck as a human being.

Yes! BLQ's Bailey was very different although I think this one may have played Bailey earlier.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Daisy said:

They own Crimson and used to own the Invader. Peter was hired by Drew to run the Invader.

At this point, it feels like the show is actually done with Jax as a character. He gave up his home to BLQ and Chase when they were looking for somewhere to live and he didn't even sold Aurora back to Drew, he divested himself of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I forgot all about the Invader. What happened to it? Hadn't Todd Manning folded it into his holdings at one point (since it was a mirror to his OLTL paper, The Sun) before he was disappeared? Obviously GH regained it but has it been mentioned much since Peter had it?

I do not fully buy Drew as a corporate guy at this point. Given what he's been through, and Cameron's more overtly heroic mold, they should just have him return to service, sign him up with Robert and the WSB and be done with it. Aurora can be a side thing and it's a good reverse mirror to Jason himself.

Have they ever notably reused the original Spencer house set since Lucky burned it down? I did notice that Liz's place looks a lot like the Scorpio-Jones/Webber house, as others mentioned.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

At this point, it feels like the show is actually done with Jax as a character. He gave up his home to BLQ and Chase when they were looking for somewhere to live and he didn't even sold Aurora back to Drew, he divested himself of it.

I saw that mention and got the same vibe as well. They are done.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I forgot all about the Invader. What happened to it? Hadn't Todd Manning folded it into his holdings at one point (since it was a mirror to his OLTL paper, The Sun) before he was disappeared? Obviously GH regained it but has it been mentioned much since Peter had it?

Yeah, Peter sold it to some group and Shawn bought it with his blackmail money. Alexis runs it

• Love 2

Maybe an UO but i found those Sam/Dante scenes a little cringey. It was just a repeat of him helping her with baseball and in both instances, she was all of a sudden helpless and needed a big, strong man to teach her when she could do both activities before. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Alexis runs a paper?? Was she disbarred?

Yes, and yes. She lied during a hearing about sleeping with her boyfriend Neil, a shrink. He later died in her bed of an overdose, which was probably murder and connected to Cyrus, but the show seems to have dropped anything to do with Cyrus. 

• Love 5