Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They're trying to, I think, but Michael and Brando have had so little interaction. I do think Michael is a decent enough guy to make sure Brando is okay, though.

He has the personality of an uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast. Just bland, bland, bland. Our younger leading man, folks!

Who would have thought that 15? years ago when Michael was a little demon  and ordering hits and shooting Kate that this is who he would become... At least the demon MyKill was  easy to hate ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, hcs said:

Who would have thought that 15? years ago when Michael was a little demon  and ordering hits and shooting Kate that this is who he would become... At least the demon MyKill was  easy to hate ...

This Michaels is easy to hate too, imo. I mean I hate him, like a lot a lot a lot A LOT. There's no middle ground. It was either the red menace, Anger Boy 2.0 or perfect sainted golden boy who can do no wrong. 

• Love 4
On 2/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

Because Carly acted like Nina was desecrating sacred ground, when she has zero proof that Sonny is even deceased.

I agree. LW plays Carly as if Carly's perspective is the only narrative that matters/is accurate, and she will take the head off anyone who contradicts her (whether she's talking about Nelle, AJ, Ava, etc.)  She wants Nina to believe that Nelle was a worthless waste of space so she will shut up, go away and stop being an inconvenience she has to deal with while "mourning Sonny."

The most recent scenes just show yet again how selfish and self-involved Carly is to the core.  Nina is mourning the life she didn't get to have with her daughter, is consumed with despair at how Nelle grew up and hurt people and then died, is feeling guilty that she testified against Nelle at the Wiley custody hearing, and is understandably angry that Carly thinks what she says about Nelle is all that matters. Nina lost 20 years of her life and her child because of her mother's actions, is not happily married, and her only sibling/cousin was murdered by her Aunt Leisl's lover/partner in psychotic behavior.

Carly has adoring kids plus the support of Sonny's other kids, her mother and brother as well as Jason, ex-husband Jax and other enablers to kiss her ass. The only reason she's not happily married/ "a widow" right now is because dumbass Sonny decided he had to chase down/corner bleeding-to-death Julian in an off-limits construction zone. Yet she wants to dig into/tear down Nina due to feelings of entitlement and rage that Nina would dare to confront her/disrupt the moments of "putting flowers on Sonny's grave." So much UGH.

She got it through her decades long campaign against AJ. She managed to convince his own family that he wasn't worth fighting for. She told Monica to her face she didn't regret a thing she did to ruin AJ's life. It worked for AJ, maybe it will work for Nelle. I kind of hate that Nina will do more to get back at Carly for her rather minor role in Nelle's death than Monica was able to do for Carly's and Sonny's major role in AJ's demise. They won't even let her call out Michael for forgiving Sonny and Carly so quickly and letting both of them visit her house.

I really think that Carly has Borderline Personality Disorder. Even when Sarah Brown discussed her character when Carly first appeared, it sounded like classic symptoms of the disorder. At this point she won't get any mental help because everyone (whose opinion she cares about) keeps telling her how wonderful she is.

I don't think there has to be a "bad guy" for a triangle to work, it has to be compelling. There wasn't really a bad guy in the Sonny/Brenda/Jax triangle despite having Sonny in the triangle.  But the thing that seems to ring with the audience with Willow and Chase is how normal they both are; the stand-ins for the audience in the crazy world of GH. The funny thing with Michael is that he is exactly how Carly thought of AJ. Everything comes so easily to Michael, he is hard to sympathize with, but unlike AJ, he lacks any passion because he doesn't have to fight for a damn thing. Even in the bios of young entrepreneurs, they often start businesses even in childhood. With Michael never displayed any interest in business. The closest we see is his interest in the mob life, but that is to emulate that other passionless moral snob Jason. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Even in the bios of young entrepreneurs, they often start businesses even in childhood. With Michael never displayed any interest in business. The closest we see is his interest in the mob life, but that is to emulate that other passionless moral snob Jason. 

I don’t think they made him the ELQ CEO for any reason other than he is the only Q on contract. Even after high school, he wanted to join the mob and Sonny was planning to have him run a restaurant because he didn’t want him involved in the business. His relationship with the Qs was pretty minimal for most of his childhood so there wasn’t exactly an opportunity to groom him. Also, I doubt it would have ever happened if Guza didn’t get fired. That’s where the big shift in Michael started. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they made him the ELQ CEO for any reason other than he is the only Q on contract. Even after high school, he wanted to join the mob and Sonny was planning to have him run a restaurant because he didn’t want him involved in the business. His relationship with the Qs was pretty minimal for most of his childhood so there wasn’t exactly an opportunity to groom him. Also, I doubt it would have ever happened if Guza didn’t get fired. That’s where the big shift in Michael started. 

It was super frustrating though when Tracy was on the show and Michael waltz into being the CEO and Ned gave such a glowing assessment  of Michael's abilities. It was also very annoying to see the smugness of Carly and Sonny when they remarked how they didn't want Michael to not lose his position to Tracy even though they did everything they could to have Michael spend as little time with the Qs as possible. They wanted the status of the Qs without putting any effort.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

They won't even let [Monica] call out Michael for forgiving Sonny and Carly so quickly and letting both of them visit her house.

I think at this point Monica finds it easier not to push back against Sonny and Carly, and from an emotional-energy standpoint, I can't blame her. I also think that train has sailed—when has Carly not barged in someplace she's not welcome? And it's not as if it happens every day, so the less Monica has to think about them, the better.

16 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I really think that Carly has Borderline Personality Disorder.

I don't want Carly to have the luxury of any diagnosis. She's a terrible person through and through. You don't have to be mentally ill for that.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated typo fixing
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I think at this point Monica finds it easier not to push back against Sonny and Carly, and from an emotional-energy standpoint, I can't blame here. I also think that train has sailed—when has Carly not barged in someplace she's not welcome? And it's not as if it happens every day, so the less Monica has to think about them, the better.

I hate it but I can fanwank Monica not making an issue about it because she’s lost so many family members and doesn’t think Michael will choose her over Sonny/Carly. Same as why she maintains a relationship with Jason when he can barely be bothered and gives her crumbs. 

• Love 1
On 2/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, statsgirl said:

MB does the weirdest pauses in his speeches.  And I wonder if they are going to leave him greying or if his hair will magically return to black when he gets home.

I think the pauses occur when he is looking around for his next line. I am convinced that his lines are pasted onto the floor. Notice how often, during his awkward pauses, he looks down. If he doesn't look down, he's looking around for whoever it who is holding up his lines. He is awful.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think at this point Monica finds it easier not to push back against Sonny and Carly, and from an emotional-energy standpoint, I can't blame here. I also think that train has sailed—when has Carly not barged in someplace she's not welcome? And it's not as if it happens every day, so the less Monica has to think about them, the better.

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I hate it but I can fanwank Monica not making an issue about it because she’s lost so many family members and doesn’t think Michael will choose her over Sonny/Carly. Same as why she maintains a relationship with Jason when he can barely be bothered and gives her crumbs. 

I don't know if it is ageism or misogyny, but I hate it.  She doesn't even get to voice an opinion because she is afraid of scaring off her only biological descendant.  When it finally came out that Sonny and Carly, Michael said he was taking care of it Carly and Sonny, but ended up undoing all of it in a matter of months and Monica doesn't get to say a word. 

I don't want Carly to have the luxury of any diagnosis. She's a terrible person through and through. You don't have to be mentally ill for that.

Having borderline personality disorder isn't like being schizophrenic or having DID, where the person loses control of mental functions and needs meds. It should be treated the same as being a sociopath or, the close cousin, a narcissist, where the person does at least intellectually know right from wrong. I know the Carly hate is strong and she might have been a nasty person even if her adopted dad didn't leave her and she was statuary raped by her friend's dad, but those things did happen to and could very well contribute to her have a personality disorder now(which is different from a mental disease). The problem is she never suffers any consequences for the crap she pulls, which leads to her pulling even crazier crap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't know if it is ageism or misogyny, but I hate it.  She doesn't even get to voice an opinion because she is afraid of scaring off her only biological descendant.

I hate it, too. There's also the reality that LC isn't on much, and the show rarely wants to dig into Q family dynamics anymore, if at all.

2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

a personality disorder now(which is different from a mental disease)

It still is a diagnosis that gives her an out. I want her to be a terrible person because she's a terrible person, not because she had a troubled childhood. Plenty of people have awful things happen to them and grow up to be decent human beings.

• Love 6

I get the sense the writers actually want us to believe that Michael’s wine and renovation moves are truly romantic.  He and Willow have largely been in Fast Forward Land for us for a while now so maybe I’m missing some mustache-twirling, stalker-y motive.  

May be UO, but the hospital/pharma storyline has promise.  I fear it will devolve into a Big Bad Cyrus plot device.  Gotta love Britt handing the binder of drug study info to Jason for him to review it and ostensibly offer his expert insights.

Monica called Lesley “Lester” one time last week - is that a vestige of animosity between them or a slip-up that didn’t get caught?

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate it, too. There's also the reality that LC isn't on much, and the show rarely wants to dig into Q family dynamics anymore, if at all.

It still is a diagnosis that gives her an out. I want her to be a terrible person because she's a terrible person, not because she had a troubled childhood. Plenty of people have awful things happen to them and grow up to be decent human beings.

If you did a survey of people who are in prison, the vast majority would have some sort criminal abuse against them as a child and some sort of personality disorder. Try as people might, it usually doesn't even get their sentences reduced unless the crime was inflicted on their abuser. Personality disorder or not, intellectually Carly knows her actions are wrong. That is why she takes such pains to over up her crimes (which is an admission of guilt). Jason can no longer claim he didn't know killing people was wrong due to diminished capacity because he now knows it is legally wrong, which should be enough. She can help it, but chooses not to, which makes it worse. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

A diagnosis is a description, not a justification. But I like borderline personality disorder better for Nelle, since BPDs are usually fine as long as things are okay but lose all perspective and sense when things fall apart.  It's also associated with either childhood trauma or failure to bond with a parent figure which applies to Nelle.

Carly seems to be a narcissist through and through. Narcissism is

characterized by a long-term pattern of exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive craving for admiration, and struggles with empathy....the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of personal superiority, and seeks to establish abusive power and control over others. Self-confidence (a strong sense of self) is a personality trait different from the traits of NPD; thus, people with NPD typically value themselves over others, to the extent of openly disregarding the wishes and feelings of anyone else, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements. Socially, the person with NPD usually exhibits a fragile ego (self-concept), intolerance of criticism, and a tendency to belittle other people, in order to validate their own superiority.

Everything should go Carly's way and there's no flex if they don't  She only values people for what they can give her and when they turn on her, as Nina did, she justifies doing anything to punish them.

I'd put Cyrus as a sociopath which fits his mob boss/businessman persona since sociopaths are over-represented in the business world.

34 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

May be UO, but the hospital/pharma storyline has promise.  I fear it will devolve into a Big Bad Cyrus plot device.  Gotta love Britt handing the binder of drug study info to Jason for him to review it and ostensibly offer his expert insights.

It's a great plot for a show called General Hospital. But it doesn't involve Sonny so I'm expecting a swerve to make it a mob story as soon as he gets back.

Jason was pre-med before the accident. He should understand very little of the binder, it would relate to that, it would all be statistics and research design.

• Love 1

Good lord, with all the crying and hand wringing and nonsense that Trina and Joss were tossing at Cam, for his idea to shave his head in support of Franco, I fully expected him to go full baldness, not just a military cut.  Also that whole "you can't cut your hair all the girls will be upset" when he was doing it for the reason that he was, was not a good look on those two girls.  It's hair ladies, it will grow back in a month or so, calm the eff down.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Oh, GOD. Let Wiley cry himself out, Michael. It won't permanently scar him. The coddling that child gets is absurd. If they're not careful, they'll have another little turd like Spencer.

33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
58 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

It's a great plot for a show called General Hospital. But it doesn't involve Sonny so I'm expecting a swerve to make it a mob story as soon as he gets back.

It's drug-related, and we all know the noble Sonny Corinthos doesn't deal in drugs. If Jason is involved, Sonny will inevitably follow. Sigh. This could be a decent story, but Sonny will ruin it, of course.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Cam's explanation of shaving his head really got to me, as I'm spending the day waiting to hear whether or not a friend who has helped get me through the past 11 months is starting chemo on Wednesday. But then he got a buzz cut and didn't actually shave it all off...and that's how my husband has worn his hair for longer than I've known him. Not quite the same thing, Cam.

I'm hoping the cockroach was somehow from Morgan. I'm not too sure the note makes sense if it were from Spencer. And I really don't want to see Ryan again.

The nanny can't get Wylie to stop crying?  What's up with that? I babysat as a teenager, and I'd have kids cry and cry, and I never once called the parents to get them to come home. Do people actually do that?

And what exactly is a domestic partnership, and what kind of document did Molly and TJ sign to make it official? In Canada, if you live with someone for 365 days you are considered to be in a common-law marriage, no documents signed at all. You can put your common-law spouse on your health insurance, and you don't need a signed legal document to prove the relationship. Was this just a plot point?

• Love 6

Holy moly! Where did Liz get that horrible pink dress? It was so ugly and ugly on her. No wonder she covered up with a blanket when she was sitting on the sofa. She should have worn a long coat over that monstrosity.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And what exactly is a domestic partnership, and what kind of document did Molly and TJ sign to make it official? In Canada, if you live with someone for 365 days you are considered to be in a common-law marriage, no documents signed at all. You can put your common-law spouse on your health insurance, and you don't need a signed legal document to prove the relationship. Was this just a plot point?

Domestic Partnership Registration - City Clerk (nyc.gov)-this was supposed to be a link, but it didnt work.

A Domestic Partnership is a legal relationship permitted under the laws of the State and City of New York for couples that have a close and committed personal relationship. The Domestic Partnership Law recognizes the diversity of family configurations, including lesbian, gay, and other non-traditional couples.

Edited by Katy M
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I’m a spotty watcher of late, and often have it on as background noise.  I haven’t read here for a bit. The gist that I’m getting:

Jason is more alive in scenes with Britt than he’s shown in years. They have good chemistry, and he seems to be interested and invested in her, which is more than can be currently said about Sam. I’m actually interested in a romance, but I’m sure it will be a one-sided crush, and Jason will be the devoted, only, friend, who will nurse her through her last days. 

I guess Franco will be getting chemo. It makes me wonder if they plan on removing the tumor after it shrinks. Love BH’s hair. 

I prefer the two couples how they are now, but I sense there will be a tortured quadrangle down the road. 

I haven’t read spoilers or even speculation, but the person who’s communicating with Ava has to be Morgan, right?  I’m actually here for his return if he becomes a true villain, bitter at Ava and seeking revenge, maybe pissed at his parents for not finding him.  There’s no true villain, at least for me right now.  Valentine is defanged, Nikolas is good now by the power of love, and Cyrus, portrayed by an actor who was terrifying in The Walking Dead, is now Laura’s brother who adores his mother. 

• Love 2

Curtis, for all you say you want to work things out with Jordan, you're emotionally cheating on her with Portia.

Ava, if you're trying to find out who sent the cockroach, stop getting your fingerprints all over it.

Cameron is much too good  and unselfish a person for Joss.

Michael putting in a wine cellar in the gatehouse is eye-rolling. Just how many years does he think that Willow will be living there?

Baby whisperer Sasha: "You're a shark... You've always been a strategic thinker, Michael."    🤢  Still telling rather than showing.

SBu is raising his game in scenes with Britt. It's a nice change.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It's hair ladies, it will grow back in a month or so, calm the eff down.  

Hair grows at half an inch a month for most people.  (I clung on to that fact.)  Why is everyone acting like like Cameron shaved his head bald?

1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

I guess Franco will be getting chemo. It makes me wonder if they plan on removing the tumor after it shrinks

They haven't talked about chemo, only radiation. Since he's getting the radiation to his head, there should be hair loss in the spot where it's beamed in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Just to add, I don’t really mind GH not making Cam shave his head.  It will impact whatever auditions the kid goes on, and to make it true, he’d have to keep shaved the entire time Franco gets chemo. It’s unfair to the actor, especially for a part time role. 

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis, for all you say you want to work things out with Jordan, you're emotionally cheating on her with Portia.

Ava, if you're trying to find out who sent the cockroach, stop getting your fingerprints all over it.

Cameron is much too good  and unselfish a person for Joss.

Michael putting in a wine cellar in the gatehouse is eye-rolling. Just how many years does he think that Willow will be living there?

Baby whisperer Sasha: "You're a shark... You've always been a strategic thinker, Michael."    🤢  Still telling rather than showing.

SBu is raising his game in scenes with Britt. It's a nice change.

Hair grows at half an inch a month for most people.  (I clung on to that fact.)  Why is everyone acting like like Cameron shaved his head bald?

They haven't talked about chemo, only radiation. Since he's getting the radiation to his head, there should be hair loss in the spot where it's beamed in.

Thanks!  I’m so out of the loop. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

Just to add, I don’t really mind GH not making Cam shave his head.  It will impact whatever auditions the kid goes on, and to make it true, he’d have to keep shaved the entire time Franco gets chemo. It’s unfair to the actor, especially for a part time role. 

they could use a skullcap, or whatever it's called, and then he wouldn't have had to cut his hair at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

When I was in my third cycle of chemo, I lost most of my hair and it was sort of a relief when it happened, in a weird way. It was gross, but I didn't have to worry about it anymore. After I adjusted, it was actually kind of great because my showers became about 5 minutes long. Heh. The worst part was that I looked undeniably sick, and there wasn't really anything I could do about that until I finished that chemo cycle and my hair could start to grow back.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

It's hair ladies, it will grow back in a month or so, calm the eff down.  

Seriously. Elizabeth's reaction was way OTT.  I wonder if William Lipton wanted to cut his hair and that's why it was written in? He looks like a baby! It's adorable.

Before same-sex marriage was federally recognized, a domestic partnership was a way for gay couples to get some of the same privileges married couples have. 

"Maybe" a domestic partnership cake? Molly, what is wrong with you? Cake should always be a definite yes.

LOL that Jordan believes that what she's told about Ryan's condition is actually what's going on. It's not like in the past he's been able to bamboozle everyone. Oh, wait.

That little girl in the hospital was precious, even if she was the clunkiest of plot points.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

they could use a skullcap, or whatever it's called, and then he wouldn't have had to cut his hair at all.

That's what I assumed they would do.  I never expected the actor to actually shave off his hair, unless it was for another role.  So I was expecting him to be fully bald (with the skullcap) when he took off the hat so I was confused when it was just the military cut.  It made the girls crying so hard even dumber.  

• Love 2

All of Friday's episode with the clerk being all over Molly to leave because she was closing. She was still annoyed when the show started even though Kristina had essentially bribed her. Then everyone proceeds to stick around the office that was supposed to be closed, taking pictures and hugging and fucking dancing. 

I think that they made a lot out of Cam shaving his head. I was touched by the gesture in that he was doing something a lot of people do very day to support cancer patients going through chemo. But he didn't really shave his head. So the whole freaking out felt like too much. The gesture isn't lost, and I thought the BH and RH played it well and there was clearly something touching that was nicely captured. But I thought he was coming out with no hair at all.

Jason spent more time with Britt than he did with his sons. Random little girl was very cute, but I'd rather see some of the kids (not Violet or Charlotte or Danny) that we never see anymore. 

It's obvious we're headed for some Britt/Jason stuff. 

And look at Willow who was all about Chase walking her back to the guesthouse until she caught Sasha and Michael kissing or almost kissing. All of a sudden she's not going to see sleeping destroyer of lives Wylie, but would rather sit on the couch for movie night. 

Please get Chase away from the wafflers. Is this movie about two people who love other people? Get the fuck out with this nonsense, show. Keep the two jars of mayonnaise together and let us all move on from this crap. Thanks!

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Jordan believes that what she's told about Ryan's condition is actually what's going on.

And how would she even know.  Half the time she had no idea where Taggert was or who he was visiting/spying on, and she was in charge of his witness protection.  I'm betting no one has bothered to check in with Ryan since he's been sent to wherever, including Kevin, much less Incapable jordan.  

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

but would rather sit on the couch for movie night. 

And Michael's choice of movie, before he knew a girl would be joining him, was Love Actually?  Uhm, ok.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

TWO Carly-free days in a row . . . . . . Well, I never thought I'd see the day. Of course, our Carly-free streak ends tomorrow. It was brief, but very, very pleasant!! Thank you, GH, for small blessings. 

I just love the Friz family unit. I know ppl have issues w/Franco (and I understand), but, IMO, the character has grown and is far removed from JF's Franco. I'm not saying his old actions are excused, but he has grown and changed. I loved his conversation w/Liz. Cameron's speech to Franco about being all in w/him was so sweet. Franco was so touched by Cam's sacrifice. The Friz family works well. To me, they are the most realistic couple on the show besides Tolly. Their problems are grounded in reality. I like them. I just wish we could see the other two boys once in a while. COVID sucks for a multitude of reasons. 

I love Nava!! We don't get nearly enough of them, but they shine and sparkle every time we do see them. I think Spencer could have sent Ava that roach. Ryan wouldn't have known where they were going or if they were celebrating in public at all, but I could imagine Nikolas telling Spencer about his plans. Anyway . . . love these two and want to see more of them . . . doing pretty much anything. LOL! Just give me days and days of Nava like we see of Carly! I would never be that lucky. 

I love Brad. I was working when he made his pathetic call to Lucas, so I'm glad I didn't hear him groveling. I know many will disagree, but I have no desire to see Brad begging Lucas. Lucas is judgmental and annoying. Brad needs to forget about him. Plus, I can't get into nu-Lucas. I was a fan of OG Brucas, but have always been more invested in Brad. Brad is interesting. I like that he's not a goody-goody. He entertains me. Now w/RC gone, I'm even less invested in Lucas. Plus, we know the show won't show those characters again until 3-4 months from now, so what does it matter?!? Brad isn't even out of jail. Why are they wasting time showing any of those characters? 

I love that Sasha was honest and clear about what she wanted. She's a real woman. She's not playing juvenile games. Too bad Willow (and Michael) are incapable of doing the same. I really hate Millow. I have no idea why Michael is stringing along Sasha or why Willow is stringing along Chase when it's obvious Millow want to be together. They need to take a page from Sasha's book and be honest w/each other. They are not cute. This is not endearing. Millow suck. They are crappy individuals who are using their exes while they give each other longing looks. Ugh . . . I hate those two. I wish the writers would put them together and free Sasha and Chase to move on w/their lives. 

So, Tolly entered in a domestic partnership. At least I now understand why a clerk was involved. I didn't think they were going that far, but the scenes were cute. I'm happy for them. Now, let's see if the show actually writes for them or just shoves them on the backburner (where Millow should be) for the next 5-6 months. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

They didn’t need to shave his head for real though. They’ve done this bald scene a number of times with female characters who were battling cancer and the actresses typically just wear bald caps with scarves and wigs over them. I just don’t see the point of the scene at all if he isn’t bald. His hair is just shorter. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

sleeping destroyer of lives Wylie

LOL. He really does ruin people.

I wonder how they'll show Franco losing his hair in a major way. Will RoHo allow his hair to be shaved/buzzed?

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And Michael's choice of movie, before he knew a girl would be joining him, was Love Actually?  Uhm, ok.  

I'm surprised Michael didn't suggest they watch Wiley sleep. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Are you talking about a kippah or yarmulke? There are also other kinds of skullcaps, the tubeteika from Central Asia, the taqiyah from Persia (also religious), the zucchetto worn by Catholic clergy.

Most of those have religious affiliations and that's not a road that they should be going down. The fake bald cap makes more sense, if they ever go down the chemo route.

It seems like Willow freaked out that Sasha might be moving in Wylie and decided to get close to Michael again. What a ridiculous story.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I just love the Friz family unit. I know ppl have issues w/Franco (and I understand), but, IMO, the character has grown and is far removed from JF's Franco. I'm not saying his old actions are excused, but he has grown and changed. I loved his conversation w/Liz. Cameron's speech to Franco about being all in w/him was so sweet. Franco was so touched by Cam's sacrifice. The Friz family works well. To me, they are the most realistic couple on the show besides Tolly. Their problems are grounded in reality. I like them. I just wish we could see the other two boys once in a while. COVID sucks for a multitude of reasons. 

But they did that by removing Lucky almost completely. At least when they did it with Frisco, Mac was always a good guy and a non murderer. They couldn't have Lucky in a place like Washington with generous visitation. I hate Franco and I think I hate RH's Franco even more than JF's Franco precisely bc they whitewash his actions. Also, I will forever resent Ron and Frank for sacrificing AJ in order to focus on integrating Ron Hogworth.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Most of those have religious affiliations and that's not a road that they should be going down. The fake bald cap makes more sense, if they ever go down the chemo route.

Yes, I meant a fake bald cap. Just thought they were called skull caps for some reason.

• Love 2

What was Molly’s issue with marriage? Was it having the big wedding or being legally married? If it was the legal aspect, not really seeing the difference between that and what they did today. If it was the ceremony itself, no one said she had to have a big wedding. Maybe there was supposed to be a different SL there that was dropped because I was confused by today. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It seems like Willow freaked out that Sasha might be moving in Wylie and decided to get close to Michael again. What a ridiculous story.

I think it had more to do with Michael and Sasha kiss/non kiss than Wylie. She sent Chase away and decided not to check up on the demon seed sleeping upstairs to sit with Michael and ask about the movie he was watching. Willow is starting to mark her territory. And she's the one who is going to come off as the bad guy in this lousy quadrangle.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a bourgeois convention for squares, man, and it harshes her feminist buzz. I paraphrase, but that's basically it.

Still got it done on Valentine's Day, especially since she was also bitching about how commercial marriage is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

It's a bourgeois convention for squares, man, and it harshes her feminist buzz. I paraphrase, but that's basically it.

Gotcha. Seems more like they are trying to write her like Alexis back in the 90s who was pretty anti-marriage even while in a long term relationship. Doesn’t really jive with what we’ve seen onscreen of Molly but she’s also rarely on so I guess she could have changed. 

25 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What was Molly’s issue with marriage? Was it having the big wedding or being legally married? If it was the legal aspect, not really seeing the difference between that and what they did today. If it was the ceremony itself, no one said she had to have a big wedding. Maybe there was supposed to be a different SL there that was dropped because I was confused by today. 

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was trying to come up with a response, but @dubbel zout's had me 😂😂, it's so apt.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Still got it done on Valentine's Day, especially since she was also bitching about how commercial marriage is.

Can you say hypoooocreeeeeeeeete? I have no problems thinking that, with the wailing reasons she gave TJ when she turned down his proposal.

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Gotcha. Seems more like they are trying to write her like Alexis back in the 90s who was pretty anti-marriage even while in a long term relationship. Doesn’t really jive with what we’ve seen onscreen of Molly but she’s also rarely on so I guess she could have changed. 

Nothing like that. She brought up how marriages don't last, even when you love each other and she provided the following examples:

1. Exhibit A- Her mother and Julian

2. Exhibit B-Jaysus and Sam--a couple, mind you, that she thought and waxed overly poetic about being the Mostest Romanticest, awesomest twu wuv stowy EVAH! And look what happened to them!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But they did that by removing Lucky almost completely. At least when they did it with Frisco, Mac was always a good guy and a non murderer. They couldn't have Lucky in a place like Washington with generous visitation. 

All I will say is Lucky was removed from the family unit long before Franco entered the picture. The sad fact is they made Lucky a deadbeat dad the minute JJ vacated the role, and as someone who loved GV's Lucky and his bond w/Liz's kids, I hated that. I wish it hadn't happened, but it did.

That said, it was BEFORE Friz even started dating. It's not like Lucky was a huge part of their lives and then the writers wrote him out of their lives for Franco. Lucky had been written out of their lives for years. Franco's presence didn't change that. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That might have been a sop to TJ, which I don't think was unreasonable given how gung-ho he was about marriage. Isn't compromise supposed to be one of the keys to a successful relationship? He gave in to the domestic partnership, she gives in to doing it on Valentine's Day. She's getting the bigger give, for sure.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

That might have been a sop to TJ, which I don't think was unreasonable given how gung-ho he was about marriage. Isn't compromise supposed to be one of the keys to a successful relationship? He gave in to the domestic partnership, she gives in to doing it on Valentine's Day. She's getting the bigger give, for sure.

hard to know since they're hardly on screen. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I just don’t see the point of the scene at all if he isn’t bald. His hair is just shorter. 

It was just a buzz cut and will grow back fast, and looked a lot better then the garage-COVID-cut I gave my son lol!  I laughed when Joss asked if he wanted his hair like that for his grad photos.  My son went and got a buzz cut about a week before his grad photos were going to be taken. He had no clue, didn't even occur to him. hahaha!

• Love 1

MUST a they continually show that damn bug???? Do they really think that’s something people want to see?

Portia and CUrtis are cute together.

I liked the end scene with Cameron and Franco but I infer if RoHo will actually shave his head as well?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

If Willow is living at the gate house, why did Chase drop her off at the Q's so she could walk to the gate house? Wouldn't the gate house be, I dunno, by the front gate to the property?

She wanted to check up on Wylie.

• Love 2

Did Trina forget the fact that her dad is also bald? And that he’s Sexay as all get out?

The way she and Joss were acting, you’d think he was asking them to help him slit his wrists or something.

When I had started chemo, my best friend came to my home and shaved what was left of my hair. I cried for a few minutes. Okay maybe more. But unlike Cam, I was bald and like @dubbel zout said, cut my shower time and also I didn’t have to buy any shampoo for over a year!😅😅

Cam just looks like he got a military cut and those two crying was just so over the top, the only thing I could do was 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And that Joss wouldn’t have done the same? Why am I not surprised? After all, she said now that Cam set the bar “so high” she had to. Seriously? “So high”? She’s probably more apt to hack her hair like her mother over some man. I forget why SheBeast did it-because she thought she had sex with AJ before they actually had it weeks? Months? Later? And it was such a laughably 🙄🙄 scene. AJ’s laughing at her expense was the only enjoyable thing about it.

• Love 3

It bothered my family that I was bald so I wore scarves. Too hot for me, I was glad when I could finally take it off.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it had more to do with Michael and Sasha kiss/non kiss than Wylie. She sent Chase away and decided not to check up on the demon seed sleeping upstairs to sit with Michael and ask about the movie he was watching. Willow is starting to mark her territory. And she's the one who is going to come off as the bad guy in this lousy quadrangle.

They are never going to convince me that this version of Michael is such a catch that anyone would want to make him as their territory.  Anyone but a gold-digger like Carly was when she arrived.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Can you say hypoooocreeeeeeeeete? I have no problems thinking that, with the wailing reasons she gave TJ when she turned down his proposal.

TJ was kidnapped shortly after Molly turned down his proposal. Maybe she thought that she had to make it up to him.

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They are never going to convince me that this version of Michael is such a catch that anyone would want to make him as their territory.  Anyone but a gold-digger like Carly was when she arrived.

Didn't you hear Sasha praise his chess play? Oh, Michael, you're so good at this, you are so strategic, or some nonsense. Gag me with a spatula.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2