Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

It's mostly Tracy being jealous that Cody now has a family to spend time with instead of her, which I get, but I'm also frustrated this is what they're reducing Tracy to. She gets so much crap from everyone, and while some of it is warranted, there's also way too much needless cruelty toward her.

But ultimately, it's Sasha's decision what to do with her life.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The Tracy-Sasha scenes did not make me side with Sasha. Tracy's right that Sasha should want more out of life than cooking for the Qs and making Cody happy.  Sasha may be a tiny bit right about Tracy's attitude, but only because Tracy has recently lost Finn and Gregory's friendships.

And Sasha telling her that she should ask herself why she had so few friends was an unneeded low blow and completely out of place in a conversation with a boss.

I wasn’t thrilled when they moved Sasha from Deception to a bankrupt private Chef (with no training) at the Qs and nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind.

(And yes, I’m very friend challenged right now and still grieving and I’m taking this way too personally.)

• Hugs 7
  • Thanks 1

The only part of today's episode I enjoyed was Sonny telling Ric that he is projecting his own issues onto Molly and Kristina. A better show would do an arc comparing the effects of Sonny living with Deke and Ric being sent away but since Sonny always wins, this is not the show to do it.

Every time Molly accuses Kristina of being coddled by every, it reminds me of how Molly herself is no being coddled by TJ, Jordan, Stella and Ric.  Even Sam supports Molly when she speaks to her.  I honestly don't see Kristina being coddled -- I see Alexis firghtened that her middle daughter may be suicidal and having no idea how to help her. Certainly the eye-rolling that Alexis does when Kristina talks about 'Adela' doesn't say coddling. if something happens to Alexis, Kristina only has Sonny and Sam {and Michael who has the concentration of a gnat for other people's problems) while Molly has all of TJs family to support her.

I saw Tracy's talk to Sasha as more than being jealous of her relationship with Cody. Sasha was a well known model and partner in Deception and while she may be happy with what she is doing right now, Tracy sees someone who is more than a cook and girlfriend. It was there at the end but I heard a "don't tie yourself to making a man happy, you need to dream those bigger dreams" speech. Certainly Tracy, mourning Luke, knows that someone like Sasha who has so much potential has to create more in her life.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Molly has all of TJs family to support her

I don't like how that is somehow being held against Molly. She may have TJ's family to support her, but it's not the same as having her own family support her. Alexis is in an impossible position and whatever she does will anger someone, but I don't think saying Molly has other people to help her is useful.

The previews showed Molly ripping into Sonny again, and that's never wrong. I just wish it weren't ultimately for naught.

The terrible writing is never-ending.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What's wrong with cooking for the Qs? Sasha has said more than once how much she pleasure she gets from seeing people enjoy her food. Being a private chef is not a demeaning job. Tracy is being a terrible snob by thinking it is. (I know there's more going on there, but it's still gross.) And wanting to make Cody happy? That's Sasha's choice.

I agree that being a private chef is not a demeaning job. Nor is it wrong to be happy with seeing people enjoy food you've cooked. But Sasha, who has no training, took this job with her ex-boyfriend's family on a whim because Olivia offered it to her due to needing some help. She's now in an odd situation-ship with Cody, who is also an employee, and they're both keeping their mouths shut about her seeing her sort of best friend/employer's family member-in-law making out with her ex-boyfriend's uncle. At this point, Sasha has no reason to leave the Quartermaine estate because the people there and their needs and actions define and consume her entire existence. That is sad because we are not living in the Civil War era.

If she had aspired to be a chef and/or was working toward being a VIP in the culinary arts, that's one thing. But all she's doing is being a supporting play in a rich household (where she could be easily discarded if Olivia and Tracy get pissed off) and a guy's life.

The comment to Tracy, who is in fact Cody's boss, was unnecessary and out of line. I also like JE/Tracy a lot and I have zero use for Cody and Sasha's relationship, if you can call it that.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Desperado said:

And Sasha telling her that she should ask herself why she had so few friends was an unneeded low blow and completely out of place in a conversation with a boss.

I wasn’t thrilled when they moved Sasha from Deception to a bankrupt private Chef (with no training) at the Qs and nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind.

(And yes, I’m very friend challenged right now and still grieving and I’m taking this way too personally.)

man. that is mean. 
also. i am sorry you are grieving. have a hug (hug)

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I saw Tracy's talk to Sasha as more than being jealous of her relationship with Cody. Sasha was a well known model and partner in Deception and while she may be happy with what she is doing right now, Tracy sees someone who is more than a cook and girlfriend. It was there at the end but I heard a "don't tie yourself to making a man happy, you need to dream those bigger dreams" speech. Certainly Tracy, mourning Luke, knows that someone like Sasha who has so much potential has to create more in her life.

This is how I heard it as well.  I think what made it a little jarring for me is that the two women have had so few verbal exchanges that they both seemed presumptuous in this conversation----Tracy in dispensing life advice, and Sasha in commenting on her employer's life circumstance and relationships.  But Tracy, in 2024 Tracy fashion, managed to dispense some rare but exquisite compliments while criticizing Sasha's life choices.  I was actually surprised that Sasha wasn't more appreciative of them.  But I think Tracy came from a place of well-meaning, rather than a place of need.  And, oh my, Jane Elliot is the definition of classic beauty.  

That was the only interesting part of the episode for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think what made it a little jarring for me is that the two women have had so few verbal exchanges that they both seemed presumptuous in this conversation----Tracy in dispensing life advice, and Sasha in commenting on her employer's life circumstance and relationships. 

Yeah, it was jarring. It really points out how badly the show does relationships. Sasha hasn't ever said she is dissatisfied with her life and has other dreams, and Tracy has no one suitable to talk to about being at the age where you start to lose your cohort. Yet both of them are telling the other what to do in a manner that isn't appropriate (regardless of any employer-employee relationship), and it's basically so the show can make those points.

UGH.

• Like 3

I’m can’t believe how unbelievably STOOPID the show is having Alexis be. If she can’t find a lawyer then she’s ENTITLED to a public-fucking-defender! She can confer with them until she gets one she wants. And she KNOWS Kristina used her car! But nooo, let’s have her caught in a lie that she was the only driving it that night.

STFU, Sam. Conveniently forgetting the hotbuttTM she shared with Lucky.

And no matter how much the Hacks write and write, I haven’t forgotten that Lucky was a loving and devoted father to Cameron AND Jake. And until he left, Aidan.

So, again, FUCK YOU, FRANK.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't like how that is somehow being held against Molly. She may have TJ's family to support her, but it's not the same as having her own family support her. Alexis is in an impossible position and whatever she does will anger someone, but I don't think saying Molly has other people to help her is useful.

It explains why Alexis told Sam to take care of Kristina and didn't tell her to also take care of Molly.

Molly's family, Alexis and Sam, did and do support her. It's just that Molly defines supporting her as "rejecting Kristina" and they didn't do that. Nor should they.

Molly also wants Kristina to confess to murdering Cates and be put in jail as punishment for Irenella. I find it very had to have sympathy for her.

The writing truly is terrible.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I covet Ava’s dress! It isn’t up on worn on tv yet, and I’m sure I can’t afford it anyway, but I want it!

sonny, Diane is not the be all end all of defense attorneys. I’m quite sure there are many people who could defeat her in court. And while I know it won’t happen, I would pay good money to see Ric do just that with the custody hearing. Instead, she’s going to somehow bring up Ric’s past as grounds for Ava not getting custody. And because the PC judges all fawn over her, the judge will not only allow it but tell Ric he’s a horrible human being and there’s no way his client deserves custody of Avery. Then she’ll rule in Sonny’s favor and deny Ava any visitation. 🙄

It would’ve been awesome to see Nora Buchanan representing Alexis. But we can’t have nice things.

why is LH back as Sam when KeMo is exiting shortly? It just makes no sense and makes me think there’s a lot more going on BTS than we know. I doubt Kelly will actually spill the tea but I almost wish she would!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I’m wondering if there will be the slightest bit of blowback from Kristina and Alexis once it comes out that Sonny did it and was ok with letting them suffer for him. Alexis might call him out but Kristina should really be done with him after all this and I doubt they’ll allow her to do that. Like IA with Sonny that Ric is projecting his own issues onto Molly and Alexis but being smug trying to claim the moral high ground over Ric for hurting his daughter’s mother made me roll my eyes considering he could easily come forward with the truth but god knows he doesn’t care enough 

• Like 5

Sonny really is garbage.  How far is he going to let this go--until Alexis is sentenced to death?  As noted, Kristina should be done with him when the truth comes out.  And I'm still rolling my eyes at the "Sonny has a rock solid alibi" bullshit.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The comment to Tracy, who is in fact Cody's boss, was unnecessary and out of line. I also like JE/Tracy a lot and I have zero use for Cody and Sasha's relationship, if you can call it that.

Few things irk me more than when JE/Tracy is reduced to one of the show's tackling dummies. In reality, the Q's should be revering Tracy. This is a woman who shot Jerry Jax with lethal intentions. One of my favorite Tracy scenes is when she rescued Holly and Ethan from Victor. On hearing the story, Carly asked Tracy "did you kill him?" Tracy's response was something like, "Well, I planned to, but he wasn't there." A true OG - and a force of nature that can be kind, compassionate, wise and loyal - who deserves more respect than the writers and characters demonstrate. Rant over.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny really is garbage.  How far is he going to let this go--until Alexis is sentenced to death?  As noted, Kristina should be done with him when the truth comes out.  And I'm still rolling my eyes at the "Sonny has a rock solid alibi" bullshit.  

Alexis is not dumb. She knows why Diane is unable to defend her. She thinks she could get out of any pending murder charges and  thinks Kristina is too weak and incapable of withstanding any questioning by  the police.

Kristina is dumb and doesn't realize that Sonny is the person most likely to be Jagger's killer or that Michael believes she is innocent is because he knows their dad did it. Plus she would make everything worse whether she tells the truth or not.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Like IA with Sonny that Ric is projecting his own issues onto Molly and Alexis but being smug trying to claim the moral high ground over Ric for hurting his daughter’s mother made me roll my eyes considering he could easily come forward with the truth but god knows he doesn’t care enough 

And it's super rich for him to be all "look what you're doing to your daughter's mother" when the whole reason the two of them are even in the same room in this episode is because Ric is representing Sonny's daughter's mother against him. 

Sonny is a complete dick for letting Alexis go through this, thinking she's protecting their daughter, when it's really him she's protecting by letting the police focus on her. 

I can't remember the last time there was a Molly scene that didn't annoy me. 

LH being back as Sam kind of makes me wonder if KeMo is coming back at all to finish things out. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m wondering if there will be the slightest bit of blowback from Kristina and Alexis once it comes out that Sonny did it and was ok with letting them suffer for him. Alexis might call him out but Kristina should really be done with him after all this and I doubt they’ll allow her to do that. Like IA with Sonny that Ric is projecting his own issues onto Molly and Alexis but being smug trying to claim the moral high ground over Ric for hurting his daughter’s mother made me roll my eyes considering he could easily come forward with the truth but god knows he doesn’t care enough 

honestly and this is where it comes down to "there should be a point of no return." other shows do it, but this one refuses to. 

Sonny chooses Kate over Michael - Carly gets over it. Michael never even got mad when he got out of his coma. 

Sonny murders AJ, Carly hides it.  Michael gets over it. 

Alexis is legit rotting in jail thinking she's protecting Kristina [i'm assuming]. Kristina is being pressured to confess to do something she never did and mr. "you can see who i really am, pew pew pew." can't open his damned mouth and go. "yeah i did it so what?" if this doesn't end with Alexis giving him the Bianca "You kept my daughter away from me?" openhand bitch slap, you might as well just close up shop. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 9/13/2024 at 3:28 PM, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Michael pretending to be some sort of protector of any sort. Why Chase let him in the questioning of Kristina is ridiculous, but no one can say no to Michael Corinthos. *rme*

When Michael said "friend" to Chase I wanted Chase to respond, nope, not friends, where the hell did you get that idea from?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It explains why Alexis told Sam to take care of Kristina and didn't tell her to also take care of Molly.

Molly's family, Alexis and Sam, did and do support her. It's just that Molly defines supporting her as "rejecting Kristina" and they didn't do that. Nor should they.

Molly also wants Kristina to confess to murdering Cates and be put in jail as punishment for Irenella. I find it very had to have sympathy for her.

The writing truly is terrible.

Well, it would help Kristina to at least tell Molly the truth of her timeline. She can’t even do that. Of course, Molly would think Alexis is covering for Kristina when neither of them will tell Molly the truth about anything, I’m in Molly’s camp on this. I also like seeing KV interacting with NLG & KM. I especially like when rips Kristina (and, Sonny) a new one when she reams them out. She is so good. Also, are they chem testing KV and EH? They share more scenes than Molly & TJ. 

I agree the writing is horrible but some of the acting saves it.  Enjoyed MB, RH and MW today. Lots of tension with Ava trying to break it up with some jokes. LOL!!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

LH being back as Sam kind of makes me wonder if KeMo is coming back at all to finish things out. 

I had the same thought

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Of course, Molly would think Alexis is covering for Kristina when neither of them will tell Molly the truth about anything, I’m in Molly’s camp on this.

Setting aside the animosity, hate, and what have you that Molly is feeling toward both her mother and sister, even if they were all getting along, and this happened, neither could tell Molly because of the simple fact that she's an assistant district attorney. And wouldn't be able to keep it quiet.

The fact that Molly keeps yelling at Kristina to tell her the truth-did she kill Jagger-and when Kristina denies it, tells her she doesn't believe her. Then why keep yelling and demanding that she tell you, if you're not going to believe her? But think that Kristina is guilty and nothing short of a confession will convince you. Not because Molly believes it, but because she wants Kristina to "pay" for killing Irene and intent to "steal her" baby.

• Applause 4
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This is really stupid, definitely. I'm slightly more on Molly's side right now, but the writing is so bad that my preference changes day to day, depending on who's not acting totally idiotic. It's often impossible to choose, since both sides are ridiculous.

• Like 4
(edited)

Yes but now all of a sudden Kristina WAS at the Q mansion around the time Jagger was murdered.  I've been having this bad feeling they filmed that twice, and we are going to see another version where Kristina actually did murder Jagger, in some kind of fugue state or something.  And this new reveal that she was there that night didn't help my suspicions.  Oh, not only was she there but she admitted she went there to kill him.  So Molly can think anything she wants, she's right to. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I had the same thought

Turns out my suspicion was wrong. Apparently, this stuff was filmed at the same time as they filmed the funeral, so LW was still filling in then. Although I don't know if the KeMo scenes we've had since the funeral were filmed before or after LH filled in. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael E. Knight is returning as Martin, and I bet he'll become Alexis's lawyer.

I was thinking this more generally when it was announced he was returning, ie, whoever the police arrested and charged with the murder who was not Sonny

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Yes but now all of a sudden Kristina WAS at the Q mansion around the time Jagger was murdered.  I've been having this bad feeling they filmed that twice, and we are going to see another version where Kristina actually did murder Jagger, in some kind of fugue state or something. 

Problem with that is they already showed Sonny shooting him not once, but twice.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Problem with that is they already showed Sonny shooting him not once, but twice.  

The second shot seemed pretty obvious it was Sonny doing the shooting, but are we sure about the first shot? It was done in a way that we didn't actually see Sonny shoot him (we didn't actually see him do the second shot either come to think of it) so it could still be someone else who did it, then Sonny shot him to allow him to say he did it if he was protecting someone else, like Kristina in a fugue state. We've seen how an event can be changed some when it's replayed the next episode and we saw that most recently with Kristina confronting Ava and falling out the window

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, DanaK said:

The second shot seemed pretty obvious it was Sonny doing the shooting, but are we sure about the first shot? It was done in a way that we didn't actually see Sonny shoot him (we didn't actually see him do the second shot either come to think of it) so it could still be someone else who did it, then Sonny shot him to allow him to say he did it if he was protecting someone else, like Kristina in a fugue state

Yes, we are. The SLS picked up all the bullet casings and Kristina was nowhere near there. Now, it could be bad acting on CD's part, but there was no reaction to seeing anyone else there, as he, again, was cleaning up after his miserable excuse for scumsuckingpieceofshit father.

Then again, this show keeps retconning shit, so they may just have it as Kristina shooting Jagger after all!

• Angry 4
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, we are. The SLS picked up all the bullet casings and Kristina was nowhere near there. Now, it could be bad acting on CD's part, but there was no reaction to seeing anyone else there, as he, again, was cleaning up after his miserable excuse for scumsuckingpieceofshit father.

Then again, this show keeps retconning shit, so they may just have it as Kristina shooting Jagger after all!

Sonny could have moved the shell casing(s) to be close to him and done other things with evidence before Michael showed up. On the other hand, it's possible Kristina witnessed Sonny shoot Cates and then had amnesia about it

(edited)
15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Does Kristina have some kind of GPS, so she would know Jagger was at the Q's boathouse?

Exactly. Sonny and Cates arranged that Sonny would surrender at the Q estate (!) over the phone and Kristina was nowhere around to hear it. Nor did she talk to either of them, as far as we know, to have them tell her.

I get that this show retcons what happened years ago, but to retcon what happened last week is ridiculous.

And because it cannot be said enough, find the gun and do the ballistics before you arraign Alexis.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Sonny could have moved the shell casing(s) to be close to him and done other things with evidence before Michael showed up. On the other hand, it's possible Kristina witnessed Sonny shoot Cates and then had amnesia about it

No. He just stood there right after he murdered Jagger, and moments later, the SLS showed up to see what he'd done.

5 hours ago, DanaK said:
15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I had the same thought

Me too.  I’m also wondering if Lindsey was offered the full time gig and didn’t want it for some reason so they decided to kill Sam off.

1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

Me too.  I’m also wondering if Lindsey was offered the full time gig and didn’t want it for some reason so they decided to kill Sam off.

Someone mentioned upthread that Lindsey didn't want to work/act full time or something.

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. He just stood there right after he murdered Jagger, and moments later, the SLS showed up to see what he'd done.

I agree.  There's no way to walk this back that it was Kristina and not Sonny.  If they try, it's insulting to everyone.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I agree. There's no way to walk this back that it was Kristina and not Sonny.  If they try, it's insulting to everyone.

Not that they haven't insulted us before. 🤬

Sonny thanks Michael for not turning him in for shooting Cates. A true mob family.

I don't remember Kristina overhearing Cates tell Anna that he was going to the Quartermaines but I admit I hate this storyline.

Molly was very smug telling Kristina that she stopped Sonny from being there. My compliments on the acting.

I wonder how many people know what "margin of error" actually means, or how it's computed..

Nina, have more self respect than to want a relationship with the man who lusts after your daughter.

• Applause 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You only think that because you live in the real world.  This is gonna be retconned, and I wish I could put money on it.  They don't care!  lol

Molly should know better than to ever expect sympathy from Sonny, regardless of the circumstances. He will only consider himself.

Yes, Drew respects Michael. That's why Drew is constantly eye-fucking (and more!) Michael's wife.

Sonny did ask Michael to cover for him, tacitly, a word he probably doesn't know. Sonny expects it and Michael gave it to him, like the stupid little shit he is.

"I killed Jagger for the family." Could Sonny be more noble?

Oh, god, Heather is on tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I knew I couldn’t come close to affording it.

KW has affordable clothes.  That turquoise top that she wore at the brunch was $35.  Eva LaRue often has the most pricey outfits, and then she gets them altered; long skirts made shorter.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Molly has mentioned that Alexis called her looking for Kristina. That would mean she wasn’t in the house. Why hasn’t molly put together that Kristina could have been using Alexis’ car?  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

KW has affordable clothes.  That turquoise top that she wore at the brunch was $35.  Eva LaRue often has the most pricey outfits, and then she gets them altered; long skirts made shorter.

KW is a good example of the woman making the clothes, and not the clothes making the woman.  She's beautiful, and comfortable in her own skin, and that elevates nearly anything.  JE is another good example.

• Like 4

So far, I am enjoying this judge. I want Alexis to pay for being a moron.  The hunky cop who interrogated her could not have made it more obvious that they knew where the car had been.  

4 hours ago, DanaK said:

On the other hand, it's possible Kristina witnessed Sonny shoot Cates and then had amnesia about it

And right when they are about to find Alexis guilty Kristina remembers and stands up and yells, "No, is was my father, I saw him do it!!!!" Also would be fitting if Sonny is the one who puts in motion Sam being killed cuz she is getting too close to the truth. And have Jason suspect he did. Lots of drama to be mined here, but per usual, they will probably present us with a lump of coal. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

So far, I am enjoying this judge. I want Alexis to pay for being a moron.  The hunky cop who interrogated her could not have made it more obvious that they knew where the car had been.  

And right when they are about to find Alexis guilty Kristina remembers and stands up and yells, "No, is was my father, I saw him do it!!!!" Also would be fitting if Sonny is the one who puts in motion Sam being killed cuz she is getting too close to the truth. And have Jason suspect he did. Lots of drama to be mined here, but per usual, they will probably present us with a lump of coal. 

Well, exactly!  If we have to lose Sam (and i really like her, I'm sorry), then make it worth something!  Imagine if Sonny's actions lead to her death, and Jason turns on him for good.  That would be drama!  That would be worth something.  But we will get a lump of coal instead, exactly right. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Yep, as soon as Michael said Sam was questioning what happened and putting things together, I figured this will all lead to Sam's demise.   The fallout from this would be huge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Cody has gone from wearing flannel shirts to polo shirts. Dude is moving on up in the world.

I like Detective Bennett and he should get more screen time as the smart detective who is not compromised by a relationship with Sonny.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Love 2