Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Sonny sneering at Nik's parenting was rich. Nik hasn't been responsible for his kids being kidnapped or blown up. And Nik is in jail because unlike Sonny, he (begrudgingly) takes responsibility for his actions. Shut up, Sonny.

Chase and BLQ will have a baby when they have a baby, Violet. Shut up. Ugh. This show.

45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Awesome moment: Dante calling out Carly for paying BLQ to break up him and Lulu, to show she doesn't really give a damn about Lulu or him.  Carly: Well it didn't work and I thought we all moved on. 

It would have been even more awesome if he's pointed out to Carly that she only claims the Spencer family when it makes her look good. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1

Anybody else seeing a possible DID story with Kristina?  John's badgering her, she's pleading with him to leave her alone, starts crying, puts her head down.  Then he says something else to needle her, and she sits up, no tears, the demeanor has changed, the tone of voice has changed, she's not the victim anymore, she's calliing him Jagger and getting ready to verbally kick his ass.  

So either she was faking the crying to try to get sympathy or a different, stronger personality came out.  Even Alexis saw it when she came back and was all, what the hell.  

Also, since we all know Sonny isn't actually going to confess all his sins, do we thinks John Jagger is going to die somewhere between the police station and the Qs where he's headed?  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Anybody else seeing a possible DID story with Kristina?

Now I can't unsee it. 

Edited by tessaray
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Anybody else seeing a possible DID story with Kristina?  John's badgering her, she's pleading with him to leave her alone, starts crying, puts her head down.  Then he says something else to needle her, and she sits up, no tears, the demeanor has changed, the tone of voice has changed, she's not the victim anymore, she's calliing him Jagger and getting ready to verbally kick his ass.  

So either she was faking the crying to try to get sympathy or a different, stronger personality came out.  Even Alexis saw it when she came back and was all, what the hell.  

Also, since we all know Sonny isn't actually going to confess all his sins, do we thinks John Jagger is going to die somewhere between the police station and the Qs where he's headed?  

I thought the point was to set up her as one of numerous suspects in an upcoming (I'm assuming/not spoiler) who killed Agent Cates storyline, but your idea is more interesting. 

I'm pretty sure KM isn't leaving, but I saw news that she got engaged. DID could be a storyline leading to her being off-screen sometime this fall, assuming KM takes time off for a wedding and honeymoon.

32 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

If it will get the character of Kristina off the show, then I am all for it.

• Like 1

I understand that Kristina is under a lot of stress and grief, but she apparently doesn't know how to not talk to anyone. She doesn't seem to grasp the idea that you don't want to give your opponent any ammunition.

Also, Dex, if you're under orders to stay put, stay put. Make the Federal agent force you out. If he doesn't respect the desk Seargent's orders, then maybe PCPD can tell him to back off. The Desk Seargent should take this on, not Dex.

Laura and Kevin must have all their shots up to date because they are off to Africa at a moment's notice! A few years ago, I went to South Africa, and I needed to take a number of immunizations and also do paperwork ahead of time. But travel on this show has always been closer to using a wormhole than real life travel. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Anybody else seeing a possible DID story with Kristina?

Or Sonny is right (gag🤢) and Kristina is stronger than Alexis thinks.

"Drew Q For You?" Seriously? that's a 9th grade slogan lmao

Jagger.. man this hurts. it hurts so much

Nik is no longer a viable match? I know it's Luckyitis but did they give a reason?

Loved Dante's clapback to Carly. of course Carly's like "meh, i'm over it so you should be too."

If the are going to give Kristina DID i am gonna be pissed. 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nik is no longer a viable match?

The criteria for bone marrow is apparently different for liver tranplant.  Not sure if that's true in the real world but that's what they're going with.  

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Loved Dante's clapback to Carly. of course Carly's like "meh, i'm over it so you should be too."

Especially since yesterday she was all over Ric with the panic room stuff, which happened way longer ago than the Dante/BLQ stuff.  

Am I the only one noticing that they are pulling info from years ago?  Like previous writing regimes barely remembered what happened 9 months ago on the Pennsylvania side of the river.  But now we're getting mentions of things that happened ages ago (Lulu's bone marrow, the Dante/BLQ, the Dante/Valerie, the panic room, when Mac first showed up in PC.....)

• Like 7

Okay so (previews) Carlo Rota is playing the big bad. Or maybe he’s an undercover WSB agent.

Nik can’t donate his liver because of his years of drinking. I wouldn’t be surprised if his liver is also compromised.

thank GOD someone called out Carly for not giving a damn about Lulu. 

HELL NO to Kristina having DID. 

Willow, for someone who claims she loves her husband and quit her job to get away from Drew, you have a funny way of staying away from him.

curitis: his phone is going to voicemail.

Portia: he probably needs some time to himself 

me: more likely to fuck Willow 🙄

poor Adam Harrington, Jagger is going down and going down hard.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

If willow wants to stay away from drew why is she always near him?

why is jagger in the fbi and the only case he works on is Sonny? There are other crimes in the world.

the writers must think we are dumb

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly: Well it didn't work and I thought we all moved on. 

The only person who doesn't move on from the wrongs done to her and hers, and is allowed to bring it up whenever and ad nauseam is Carly. Everyone else has to move on from Carly doing shit to them.

She's such a dumb, gross character.

• Like 16
  • Fire 2
37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Monica insisted that Carly stay for dinner? Insisted?

I can not even even with that one.

Well, she did say it was probably to tick off Tracy. So it was mildly amusing. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, tessabq said:

My horrible thought is that Carlo Rota will be playing Natalia's ex-husband. 

Yeah I’m not sure they’re going to throw someone else at Sonny. They invested too much $$ on Rota to waste him against MB (I hope).

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nik is no longer a viable match? I know it's Luckyitis but did they give a reason?

His liver is fine for him but not for the higher standards a transplant requires, which I think is reasonable. He's what, 30 years older than when he first donated? That's some mileage there, especially for someone who hasn't exactly been a teetotaler.

18 minutes ago, ljr said:

why is jagger in the fbi and the only case he works on is Sonny? There are other crimes in the world.

Yet another decent law guy obsessed with Sonny and ruined because of it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tessabq said:

My horrible thought is that Carlo Rota will be playing Natalia's ex-husband. 

Nooooo!

I don't care how big of a villain he plays he does not deserve that.

ETA: maybe he's the villain holding Lucky hostage

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly would only do that for her own kids. The Show hasn't needed Lulu for Carly's in-family girl bonding since Carly had Joss, and Carly just generally has not cared for Lulu since JMB's Lulu "betrayed" Carly's family with her loyalty to then-boyfriend Dante when teen Michael went to jail (which was actually the family's fault, not Dante's). Carly has not ever cared for/about Lucky and I doubt she could pick Charlotte out of a line up. The only reason she knows or at least recognizes Rocco is because he's Sonny's grandson.

Oh, to be clear, I don't think Carly does care that much. But she cares when it fits the show's needs to make her look good. And, it would have had the added "bonus" of showing (again) what lengths Brennan will go to for Carly. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Monica insisted that Carly stay for dinner? Insisted?

I can not even even with that one.

Michael said in the same episode that he was driving Monica to a doctor's appointment, so I thought it was her trying to be nice/say thank you to him as well as piss off Tracy (not to mention suck up to Jason). 

The Show was just coming up with a reason for Carly to be there so Dante would rehash Carly's history when she was getting in his business about Sonny and trying to act like she cares about what happens to Lulu. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

it would have had the added "bonus" of showing (again) what lengths Brennan will go to for Carly. 

I need to know why he's willing to go to bat for her, and the reason has to be more than he thinks she's dreamy.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The Show was just coming up with a reason for Carly to be there so Dante would rehash Carly's history when she was getting in his business about Sonny and trying to act like she cares about what happens to Lulu.

She dropped off Donna and Avery at the Qs, so she already had a reason to be there. She didn't need to stay for dinner.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

honestly for me it's just more the "Monica insisted" that just drives me bananas. they could have said. Monica invited me.. reluctantly, i might add." and that would have made a lot more sense. I know Monica has been sacrificed to this alter - but the North Remembers. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I need to know why he's willing to go to bat for her, and the reason has to be more than he thinks she's dreamy.

She dropped off Donna and Avery at the Qs, so she already had a reason to be there. She didn't need to stay for dinner.

I was going to ask why would Donna and Avery be hanging out at the Qs until I remember the Quatermaine Home for Offspring of Substandard Parents is always open to the minors of Port Charles. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 16

I'm sure when he comes to arrest Sonny at the Q's tomorrow, Agent Cates will run over Violet and then arrest Violet for trespassing under the wheels of his car!  

On noes! Kristina is going from DOD to DID! This is sure to be a DUD! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When the show does that, it always reminds me of the line from 10 Things I Hate About You: "What is it with this chick? She have beer-flavored nipples?"

Edited by statsgirl
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
56 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I was going to ask why would Donna and Avery be hanging out at the Qs until I remember the Quatermaine Home for Offspring of Substandard Parents is always open to the minors of Port Charles. 

Well, they do apparently have two (2!) nannies on staff - not that I've ever seen either of them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Donna and Avery had a play date with Violet. As we learned early in the episode where she was despondent and had the chat with BrookLynn and Chase - where she asked them about having a baby. (I think. Or it might have been mentioned when Sonny and Carly had that brief bonding scene.)

I'll give them this, they crammed a lot of story threads into this episode. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Awesome moment: Dante calling out Carly for paying BLQ to break up him and Lulu, to show she doesn't really give a damn about Lulu or him.  Carly: Well it didn't work and I thought we all moved on. 

The only one allowed to hold a grudge is Carly--in which case your ~crimes against her can be thrown in your face for a century.  But when SHE does something?  Everyone is supposed to just forget about it in whatever timeframe she deems appropriate.  Shut up, shrew.

Drew Q For You - fucking priceless.  It's giving 12-yr-old who decided over the weekend to run for Student Council.

And, lastly, Monica inviting Carly to dinner just to bug Tracy is fucking insulting given the way that woman treated her firstborn son.  Do better, writers.

• Like 14
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, lastly, Monica inviting Carly to dinner just to bug Tracy is fucking insulting given the way that woman treated her firstborn son.  Do better, writers.

Absent Monica is a total doormat. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Didn't Monica suck it up and pretend to accept Carly when she and Jason got married? As nauseating as that was, I'm sure as long as Jason is in PC, Monica is going to treat Carly with kid gloves.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
58 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Well, they do apparently have two (2!) nannies on staff - not that I've ever seen either of them.

Are the two nannies Cody and Sasha? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Well, she did say it was probably to tick off Tracy. So it was mildly amusing. 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael said in the same episode that he was driving Monica to a doctor's appointment, so I thought it was her trying to be nice/say thank you to him as well as piss off Tracy (not to mention suck up to Jason). 

It would be amusing if she invited Lucy Coe for dinner since none of Lucy's antics permanently damaged Monica's family, but if anyone is going to have the biggest issue with Carly being at dinner, it is Monica, not Tracy.

A "thank you" should suffice for a trip to the doctor. It isn't like she is allowing Kristina to dinner as the thank you since Kristina didn't fuck up her family. Considering how they all use Monica and the Qs in general, everyone should be sucking up to her. 

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only person who doesn't move on from the wrongs done to her and hers, and is allowed to bring it up whenever and ad nauseam is Carly. Everyone else has to move on from Carly doing shit to them.

She's such a dumb, gross character.

I'm a bit shocked the show remembered that stunt Carly pulled on Dante and Lulu. It seems pretty on brand for her to do heinous shit and for her to get a complete pass. Lucas isn't pissed at her for her part in breaking up his parents and lying to Tony and him about Michael's paternity. "I realized how wrong I was and moved on" Of course. At least it is on brand. No apology, not even when Lulu validated Carly's revenge plan against after the baby George debacle.

2 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Didn't Monica suck it up and pretend to accept Carly when she and Jason got married? As nauseating as that was, I'm sure as long as Jason is in PC, Monica is going to treat Carly with kid gloves.

And she shouldn't. Why does Monica have to kowtow to make Jason fucking happy? Why can't Jason have shred of sympathy after Emily and AJ were killed, since he played his own hand in their deaths. You would think after all the years of sacrificing and covering for Sonny,Carly and sometimes Michael, he would be a bit more understanding of the Qs covering for AJ. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And she shouldn't. Why does Monica have to kowtow to make Jason fucking happy?

I don't think she should either but she's lost so much. Jason is her last living child and she'd do more than accept Carly for crumbs of his time and what little affection he's capable of. 

Didn't Alan and Lucy have an affair and get married? I can't see Monica inviting Lucy to dinner, at least not willingly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I don't think she should either but she's lost so much. Jason is her last living child and she'd do more than accept Carly for crumbs of his time and what little affection he's capable of.

I wish there was someone on the canvas that could tell Jason off about this. Jason is the reason AJ is dead by actively supporting Sonny and Carly's bullshit. 

Didn't Alan and Lucy have an affair and get married? I can't see Monica inviting Lucy to dinner, at least not willingly. 

I said permanent damage. That was over 30 years ago and Monica and Alan got back together.  Lucy didn't get any of her kids killed, directly or indirectly. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Drew Q For You - fucking priceless.  It's giving 12-yr-old who decided over the weekend to run for Student Council.

You're missing the exclamation point which point really ties it together. 

Drew Q For You!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
19 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I wish there was someone on the canvas that could tell Jason off about this. Jason is the reason AJ is dead by actively supporting Sonny and Carly's bullshit. 

On this we can agree wholeheartedly. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And she shouldn't. Why does Monica have to kowtow to make Jason fucking happy? Why can't Jason have shred of sympathy after Emily and AJ were killed, since he played his own hand in their deaths. You would think after all the years of sacrificing and covering for Sonny,Carly and sometimes Michael, he would be a bit more understanding of the Qs covering for AJ. 

I was watching a YT reviewer and he's like Monica's old, you tend to forgive and forget when you are her age and i am like. Let's not make it out like Carly forgot to pick up Monica's drycleaning or ran over her puppy or something.  She irrevocably destroyed Monica's oldest son several  times over.   She basically stood there and allowed her second son to be groomed by a mobster and destroy his future. Monica should be on her dying breath quoting Moby Dick with my last breath I spit at thee. to Carly not freaking insisting at Carly stay over for dinner. 

32 minutes ago, tessaray said:

and this has been my argument though. Monica has lost everything. She lost Dawn, AJ, Emily, Jason Q, Alan, Justice, Lila and Edward. I honestly feel if she treated Carly the way she should be treated, Michael would have a tantrum and split, and Jason is too lillylivered to tell Carly to back away from the mansion. It's probably not intentional [but it would be such a great story beat] - if the main reason she's closer to Michael/Wiley/Amelia than any other grandchild/great child-  is that biologically - that's all SHE  has of Alan/AJ and herself.  thats why she keeps them close and swallows her spit but i just want one Olenna Tyrell-esque tongue lashing from Monica. she has it in her

28 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Really wish we had a child of AJ to do so. just rip Jason a new one about all of it. Rip Michael one too. and that's the other thing. there really is no one on canvas that loved AJ too [now]. and while Tracy could probably do it for Monica  - it won't have the same gut punch as if it came from Monica (or someone who 100 percent always loved AJ). 

but basically we know the response. 
Carly forgot about it and moved on
And Jason will just try to look sad and go "sorry."

• Like 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I meant a reason to linger there long enough to come across Dante (who was not near the front door) and get in his business. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

She should be her father's daughter, be the mafia princess. 

Wasn't that the name of her reality show (or was it Mob Princess.)?

Dunno why Dante needs to fight with Carly.  Carly is Carly, nothing ever changes, why bother?

34 minutes of this show seemed like 3 hours today.

15 hours ago, Daisy said:

the North Remembers

So does Pepperidge Farm.

This fakakta show.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Dunno why Dante needs to fight with Carly.  Carly is Carly, nothing ever changes, why bother?

He needed to fight with someone, and Carly was there. I'll take it, even if Carly is Carly. What I found harder to take was Olivia somewhat whitewashing the past when Dante was in Switzerland being deprogrammed. She was BEGGING him to come home when he wasn't ready, so her "all I wanted was for you to get better" spiel was a bit much. And when Lulu moved on to whatshisface after the divorce, she wasn't at all understanding, so she can also shove her "I know why you and Lulu had to divorce" babble, too.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

when Lulu moved on to whatshisface after the divorce, she wasn't at all understanding

Didn’t she accuse Lulu of abandoning Dante when he needed her most? Or something like that? Regardless if the reason, Dante left his wife and child. Lulu didn’t just jump into bed with someone the next day. But she was young and healthy, so was she supposed to just sit around the rest of her life and pine for a man who might not come back? Meanwhile if Dante had moved on, Olivia would have been all for it. But NO ONE leaves her baby. 🙄

ETA it still bugs me that Olivia has been completely absent from the whole Kristina story. Carly too except as it relates to Sonny. Shouldn’t at least one of them have been concerned about the poor quality windows in their hotel? I don’t need a whole insurance story, but even a throwaway line about how sorry they are and that they’re taking steps to ensure every window in the hotel is up to code. 

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 11
26 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

ETA it still bugs me that Olivia has been completely absent from the whole Kristina story. Carly too except as it relates to Sonny. Shouldn’t at least one of them have been concerned about the poor quality windows in their hotel? I don’t need a whole insurance story, but even a throwaway line about how sorry they are and that they’re taking steps to ensure every window in the hotel is up to code. 

honestly i think this is one of those "it's a soap moment." that people can go flying through a window and you don't blink about it.

27 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Didn’t she accuse Lulu of abandoning Dante when he needed her most? Or something like that? Regardless if the reason, Dante left his wife and child. Lulu didn’t just jump into bed with someone the next day. But she was young and healthy, so was she supposed to just sit around the rest of her life and pine for a man who might not come back? Meanwhile if Dante had moved on, Olivia would have been all for it. But NO ONE leaves her baby. 🙄

Olivia was a right cow when it came to Lulu moving on with the teacher always in her face about it, she  was never really supportive on how Lulu felt about it or anything. it was just MY BABY I NEED MY BABY TO COME HOME. 

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What I found harder to take was Olivia somewhat whitewashing the past when Dante was in Switzerland being deprogrammed. She was BEGGING him to come home when he wasn't ready, so her "all I wanted was for you to get better" spiel was a bit much.

i don't remember her saying that when she was sobbing at the door shoving her fingers underneath the mantle begging him to open the door and come home. like I honestly have to wonder most days if these people aren't aware that we know what happened. i get slight retcons here or there but like geeze louise. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Didn’t she accuse Lulu of abandoning Dante when he needed her most?

Yes, and it was Dante who insisted on the divorce. Lulu really tried to keep things together, but Dante wanted out. Olivia was awful to Lulu.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
On 8/26/2024 at 10:33 PM, graight said:

Violet needs to pay a visit or 10 to Kevin.

Everybody in Port Charles needs to become one of Kevin's patients.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

I’m gathering this is an unpopular opinion but Jagger is doing nothing for me.  Probably because I haven’t really watched all summer so I just can’t look at him and think “Jagger”.  My brain is just not making the connection.  He’s just another FBI agent for me.

I thought maybe I would recognize Carlos Rota once I saw him since I’m better with faces than names.  Nope.

• Mind Blown 1

Color me shocked that the show had Mooby be the one to pull the trigger on Jagger and not his flunky or Kristina. 

And color me shocked that this soap that's on the puritan side of things is really going there with Drew and Willow.

• Like 6