Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

@Katy M Sonny said Pilar told him Avery was sick. Guess he didn't think to ask where Ava was. Or Pilar didn't think to tell him Ava is missing. Or she doesn't know because Avery is staying with Carly. Or something else entirely :)

42 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

the Bensonhurst Olivia and Lois reminisce about ceased to exist in the early 1990s

I'd say more like late 90s, but yeah.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Apparently Ava has only been missing for 1 day. Avery’s nanny rang the alarm because she was supposed to pick her up by 5pm. Dex/Joss being the ones who finds out and look for Ava makes absolutely no sense but I guess it gives them something to do other than whine about Sonny and have sex. Guess that was the reason for that random Ava/Joss bonding scene the other day when Joss has never had a nice thing to say about Ava ever. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Joss getting angry that no one told her that Sonny and Nina were eloping was the funniest part of the episode.  "This just doesn't make sense to me because they decide to elope and no body tells me.".... "I don't care... "..." I feel alone in this grudge now and I don't know what to do. I mean, I feel crazy."

Who is looking after Amelia if her and Wylie's nanny is in Puerto Rico with Wylie and Donna since Pilar is taking care of sick Avery? monica? Also, why not bring Amelia? Babies love sandy beaches and warm water.

The girl playing Donna is very cute.

Willow giving Nina a present that Harmony, the woman who stole her from Nina, gave to Willow feels squicks.

Why did Pilar go to Joss when Ava is missing instead of Sonny's organization? What can Joss do better than a mafia organization. Tell Brick.

I like that we heard Nina leaving a message on her voicemail over Ava trying to break out.

Yeah, I guessed that Ava was kidnapped to make Austin support Cyrus at the hearing.

Is Wylie going to date Donna when they're older? They're not blood-relatied.

Oh look, Michael will learn who told on Carly and Drew. Will he stop the wedding?

15 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not sure what to think about Laura’s attitude towards Nikolas and that she almost dismisses or excuses his behavior when Spencer says he’s upset about it. Is it guilt for abandoning Nikolas as a baby?

It makes sense to me if it is. She escaped and saved herself but to do so she had to abandon her child to the Evil Cassadines. Now that Nik is so flawed and abandoning his own children, she sees it as a result at least partially of her own actions and she thinks that if she can just talk to Nikolas, maybe she can fixed what she caused to go wrong all those years ago.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who is looking after Amelia if her and Wylie's nanny is in Puerto Rico with Wylie and Donna since Pilar is taking care of sick Avery? monica? Also, why not bring Amelia? Babies love sandy beaches and warm water.

Babies don't love flying.  I wouldn't take a baby on a flight for a 2 day trip either. I have no idea how long they're planning on being gone, but Sonny said he invited everyone that morning and nobody had to make arrangements to take off work (including Willow, the nurse who just came back from a leave of absence), so I feel like not long.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why did Pilar go to Joss when Ava is missing instead of Sonny's organization? What can Joss do better than a mafia organization. Tell Brick.

Even assuming she doesn’t know how to reach any of them, wouldn’t someone like Avery’s brother Dante the police detective make way more sense? It’s a plot contrivance. 

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They are blood related. Carly is Donna’s bio mom and Wiley’s bio grandma.

Regarding Amelia, do the scab writers know she exists? To be fair, I only have pay attention during Michael and Willow scenes but I don’t recall the last time she was even mentioned.  

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Willow worshipping Harmony the way she does is extremely tone deaf. Again, she kidnapped Willow as a baby and facilitated Willow’s rapes to curry favor with a cult leader. Not a single thing about that is a mom who looked out for her. 

but Nina was mean to her. Trumps all of that

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

wait, Wylie's father and Donna's brother are both Michael.  What does that make them?  Is Donna his aunt?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

wait, Wylie's father and Donna's brother are both Michael.  What does that make them?  Is Donna his aunt?

Michael isn't biologically related to Sonny, so it wouldn't be too VC Andrews

• LOL 1

Lol I think people are mixing up Donna with Avery. Avery’s parents are Ava and Sonny while Donna’s parents are Sonny and Carly. Wiley and Donna are definitely blood related 

• Like 3

Ok. I must admit I felt bad for Joss….briefly! 😂 EM did a good job in that scene.

She was right. She is alone in her grudge so she may as well let it go; everyone else has for the most part! I had to RME at her feeling left out though because she made it that way. She decided Sonny falling in love while having amnesia was the hill she was willing to die on, and that she was gonna hate Sonny forever for it. Sonny heard her loud and clear. At least she recognized it was crazy to feel left out given her recent behavior. It’s sounding like she was just going along with Michael instead of following her own mind. Maybe she’ll learn to follow her own path from now on. 

I wonder how this stupid SEC secret will play out. 

Scotty is hilarious to me! I love his scenes. 

Donna is super cute. I liked the island scenes minus Willow/Harmony and Willow/Wiley! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Forget about ava.  I'm confused about Avery.  She had Avery staying with Carly for safety.  But, Carly told Sonny to have Ava bring Avery over.  Then someone (and I missed who) said Avery was sick.  Did whoever force Ava to send that message, or is she actually with Carly?

Avery was with Carly for safety and plot point reasons.  Then she was back with Ava but with Pilar babysitting. Avery was not allowed to go to the wedding because she had a tummy ache and for plot point.   Then Mason grabs Ava so when Ava was supposed to pick up Avery from Pilar, she didn't show which alarmed Pilar.  So Pilar left Avery with her own mother because she didn't want to drop her off at carly's, because Carly is busy dealing with Drew in the hospital plus plot point  So Pilar went to Joss's dorm because phones are broken I guess and plot point.  So now Dex and Joss are searching for Ava.  I'm sure Ava would be thrilled to know that Sonny's lacky and his dumpster diving girlfriend are on the case.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss getting angry that no one told her that Sonny and Nina were eloping was the funniest part of the episode.  "This just doesn't make sense to me because they decide to elope and no body tells me.".... "I don't care... "..." I feel alone in this grudge now and I don't know what to do. I mean, I feel crazy."

It was great. Joss isn't related to Sonny, as she enjoys telling him, so why should she be invited? Suck on that, Joss! If you feel alone in your grudge, maybe it's time to give it up. Or keep it to yourself.

I liked Wiley when they dressed him like a tiny carnival barker, but now that he's a plot point, ugh. Send him upstairs for a nap and have him come down an angry teen with a chip on his shoulder toward his parents for being such turds about his bio mom and grandma.

"Then a miracle happened—I remembered who I was." A miracle? Mike couldn't have cared less who he really was.

Can someone, anyone, kill Mason? I am SO tired of him.

LOL that a priest is marrying Sonny and Nina. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Joss has never had a nice thing to say about Ava ever. 

Joss has thawed a teeny tiny bit towards Ava since Ava was stabbed by the hook and Joss found her and had to get her to the hospital (with Dex' help).  I think that was the catalyst for Joss changing to pre-med because she told Carly that she felt helpless.  

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Regarding Amelia, do the scab writers know she exists?

Amelia was mentioned today by Wylie and Willow so they know she exists.  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Amelia was mentioned today by Wylie and Willow so they know she exists.  

Got it. Then I’d wager she’s the new Morgan. Destined to be ignored in favor of golden child Wiley, unless of course she dies young 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Got it. Then I’d wager she’s the new Morgan. Destined to be ignored in favor of golden child Wiley, unless of course she dies young 

Not necessarily.  They were already going to be dealing with the kids who play Wylie and Donna, they probably just didn't want to have to deal with a baby as well.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not necessarily.  They were already going to be dealing with the kids who play Wylie and Donna, they probably just didn't want to have to deal with a baby as well.  

The best solution to that was to not give Michael and Willow another baby in the first place. Nobody needed that, least of all these two putzes. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The best solution to that was to not give Michael and Willow another baby in the first place. Nobody needed that, least of all these two putzes. 

dream scenario [only for storyline purposes etc etc]

Amelia gets SIDS, Willow and Michael fight in regards of wanting to have kids again so soon, and they get divorced.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Amelia gets SIDS, Willow and Michael fight in regards of wanting to have kids again so soon, and they get divorced.

How about Michael and Willow just die. I don’t care how. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Pilar goes to Joss and asks if she’s heard from Ava. Like Why??? Seriously. Why would Joss have heard from Ava? For any reason? they’re not related. They don’t like each other. They have absolutely zero reason to interact.  Maybe go to Trina. Or Austin. Or anyone in PC besides Joss!!!

kristina, the 1970s called. They want their dress back. But I’m really warming up to Kate Mansi. She’s so vibrant and has great chemistry with everyone.

not complaining, but when did Willow become so accepting of Nina that she actually hugged her and volunteeered to help with the wedding? Although major fail to give your birth mother something that belonged to the woman who kept you from said birth mother your entire life.

and Michael is actually smiling! And relaxed. or a relaxed as cd can get.

CW looked gorgeous. MB not so much.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Pilar goes to Joss and asks if she’s heard from Ava. Like Why??? Seriously. Why would Joss have heard from Ava? For any reason? they’re not related. They don’t like each other. They have absolutely zero reason to interact.

The writers are giving Joss something to do. She has had nothing to do since the sex tape. All she does is bitch about Sonny and have sex with the idiot she's dating.

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

not complaining, but when did Willow become so accepting of Nina that she actually hugged her and volunteeered to help with the wedding?

because. when the shoe drops and it comes out that Nina ratted them out like the horrible demon she is. Willow can be extra salty about being nice. 

• Like 7

Let's just get the most important thing that happened today out of the way: Donna is absolutely adorable.  And the actress isn't cloyingly sweet the way Violet comes across, or weirdly earnest like Wiley.  What a doll!

Alright, moving on: lmfao at Joss being pissed...and then getting a bad case of FOMO...then being confused as to why she was the only one still mad at Sonny.  It was like watching a Carly infected with a computer virus in need of a reboot.  Though give me a very large break, show, that Pilar comes to Joss about Ava missing. 

I don't know which made me roll my eyes more: Harmony being Willow's spiritual warning system that something is amiss or her turning around and gifting Nina with something her kidnapper/rapist enabler gave her.  And of course Michael gets the "I know whose the whistleblower" call right before the wedding.  I guess the only plus is Nina won't be humiliated in front of ALL of Port Charles. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I had no idea Ava was missing, so weird.  Nina would have called to tell her about the wedding. 

Joss says and goes on about how much she hates Sonny then she's mad she's not personally told about the wedding?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Joss says and goes on about how much she hates Sonny then she's mad she's not personally told about the wedding?

One thing I will give them credit for is Joss has consistently overestimated her importance in Sonny’s life. Tbh, I think she assumed that Sonny thinks of her the same as Michael and is hurt that she’s angry at him and he’s been pretty meh about it while we saw him reaching out to Michael over and over again trying to fix things.

We saw her make a big show of hiding her relationship with Dex because she was convinced Sonny would kill him if he knew they were sleeping together. When he found out, she got in Sonny’s face immediately and said it was her life and he couldn’t control her but he shrugged it off and said it was Carly’s problem. I think Sonny had her firmly in the step kid category but she never realized it. Which kinda tracks because he has a zillion kids, Joss was already a teen when Carly and Sonny reunited, has a father, and we never saw a super close bond between them. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Cannot stand watching fooking hypocrite Michael all warm, happy and beaming at his pappy, like he didn't just spent God knows how long planning to destroy Sonny and only stopped when Carly talked him out of it. How about if THAT comes out at the wedding instead of Nina's secret. Or how about Michael utilizes a little something super foreign to him called self-reflection and decides not to destroy Nina since he also went down a path of vengence and was lucky not to get found out. I jest of course. It will be all self-righteous rage at Nina.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Cannot stand watching fooking hypocrite Michael all warm, happy and beaming at his pappy, like he didn't just spent God knows how long planning to destroy Sonny and only stopped when Carly talked him out of it. How about if THAT comes out at the wedding instead of Nina's secret. Or how about Michael utilizes a little something super foreign to him called self-reflection and decides not to destroy Nina since he also went down a path of vengence and was lucky not to get found out. I jest of course. It will be all self-righteous rage at Nina.  

Unfortunately that would require Michael to be capable of self reflection and the realization that he’s being a hypocrite. He inherited Carly’s rules for me are different than rules for thee perspective. They both blast others for doing the same crap they do and scream how it’s unforgivable when they get forgiven by others time and time again and never have to pay or face consequences. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 7
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Amelia gets SIDS

And have Willow with a second SIDS baby?  Even I don't hate her that much.

The wedding venue looked more like a masoleum, or discount statuary store.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And have Willow with a second SIDS baby?  Even I don't hate her that much.

The wedding venue looked more like a masoleum, or discount statuary store.

to be fair. I forgot about the first one
She can have the heart condition all Q's seem to have but they can't do the operation or something and then she can die

2 hours ago, jacourt said:

Is this going to be a replay of the Portia Curtis wedding?  Can't Nina have a stretch of happiness?

no. because how dare she be rightly upset at a person who was going to hide for the rest of her life that her daughter had died, had a child, and was living in the same town as her - because that woman decided "well why should Nina know anything." then did it again and only said something because the other daughter was dying and Carly wanted something. and then everyone rubs it into Nina's face how much she is scum and she sucks - and she lashes out like any normal human being did they all point and go "seee. crazy." 

I will say, if Sonny turns on her, I want Nina to unleash the ever lasting can of screw you and the horse you rode on on everyone and just peace out. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

I think it’s a fake out. Michael either doesn’t find out the truth at the wedding or he does and keeps it secret for now. No way they don’t have Carly being the one who publicly exposes Nina. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, susannah said:

Today's, Oct 12, episode, didn't DVR, so I wasn't sure if it aired on the West Coast or what happened.  It sounds like it aired elsewhere, so I missed the wedding?

Yes. My guess is since it was preempted the day before due to breaking news, your DVR thought it was a repeat. If you can, set the DVR to get all episodes, which will include the occasional repeat, in case of preemptions

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

One thing I will give them credit for is Joss has consistently overestimated her importance in Sonny’s life.

She sure has. Sonny doesn't want to see her hurt or anything, but otherwise he doesn't think about her at all!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

No way they don’t have Carly being the one who publicly exposes Nina. 

Carly has first to save Ava by recognizing that lollypop slurping scum from the bar crawl/jail visit with Olivia/Ned.  The mobstress will then save Drew.  After that warm-up, she'll be ready. 

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Harmony being Willow's spiritual warning system

That was disturbing to watch but after the continual kid-glove treatment of the mob - it was not too surprising.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

(Haven't seen today's ep yet)

When I saw the (anonymous?) text saying that they knew who the whistleblower was, I wondered if Michael would consider a) It's been so long, and knowing the identity won't affect Drew's sentence (since he and Carly were guilty after all) so it wasn't necessary to do anything with the information or b) We're at a wedding, and everyone is getting along for the moment, so doing anything with this information (at least at the moment) would be rude. Well-mannered people don't disrupt weddings or other gatherings with random issues and disputes, but no one has ever accused Michael of having good manners. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I don’t think they can properly explain why Michael needed to find out who the whistleblower was. It’s not like anyone suspects Nina so what’s his reasoning? To retaliate against this person? Knowing who tipped the SEC off won’t make Drew’s conviction go away. It would only work if Carly/Drew were set up and they needed proof of that 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they can properly explain why Michael needed to find out who the whistleblower was. It’s not like anyone suspects Nina so what’s his reasoning? To retaliate against this person? Knowing who tipped the SEC off won’t make Drew’s conviction go away. It would only work if Carly/Drew were set up and they needed proof of that 

The Carlys don't need a reason to be self-righteous in their truth.

The only name this SEC person could be Martin's since he is the one who called, he was adamant that they didn't know who his client was. So if it's Martin's name that Michael is given, then the blame might end up falling on Valentin, who had really good reason to turn Drew and Carly in because the merger would have ousted him as CEO of ELQ. The lie would stay in place until Ned gets his memory back.

And Valentin would cover for Nina. All of a sudden they're having scenes and Nina is having Charlotte over at her place and she knows that she's the one who thrashed Anna's place and she got rid of the evidence for her sake as well.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, DanaK said:

Yes. My guess is since it was preempted the day before due to breaking news, your DVR thought it was a repeat. If you can, set the DVR to get all episodes, which will include the occasional repeat, in case of preemptions

Thanks, I will do that!

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or Ava blabs about it in a too-public space. I wouldn't be surprised if Carly overhears Ava saying something about it to Nina.

It wouldn't be because that's the original way secrets are outed on this show.

• Like 1

Cyrus wasn't wrong in what he said to Laura about Sonny.

Joss what's wrong with just calling the cops instead of using Spinelli?

Austin, grow a spine.  You suck.

Donna is adorable.

And what kind of professional bad guy leaves behind a lollipop?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I hate that Spinelli is going to be the saviour of Ava. It should be the police. And how old is Spinelli's equipment? His hideaway looked like something from an 80s spy movie.

Retcon that Cyrus was always the boss at Pastuck. Just forget that it was originally a woman and that Cyrus came into town looking to make a foothold in Port Charles because his influence was entirelyon  the West Coast.

The actress plays Portia as so giggly and silly, I can't take her seriously as a CoS. Running home because she has to tell Curtis immediately and in person? Is she 12?

During the wedding it occurred to me that if I had face blindness, I wouldn't be able to tell Willow and Kristina apart.  (A friend of mine does and she's dropped shows because she couldn't tell characters apart.)

I really hate that Michael found out that it was Nina who called the SEC. I like Sonny and Nina together, hate Carly/Drew/Michael, and how did Michael's snitch find out anyway since Martin didn't tell?  Boo on the writing. It should have been as @YaddaYadda said, that they think it's Valentin and he protects Nina.

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

When I saw the (anonymous?) text saying that they knew who the whistleblower was, I wondered if Michael would consider a) It's been so long, and knowing the identity won't affect Drew's sentence

Never. No one holds a grudge like a Carly.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think they can properly explain why Michael needed to find out who the whistleblower was.

It's about blame and responsibility. The Carlys must be blameless, at least in their own eyes (although to give Carly credit she herself acknowledges that it was her mistake) so they need someone to blame

• Like 1
  • Love 3