Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

which you know - Ned should question, and bring it up to as WHY they shouldn't merger. 

I question how much cash Carly even has to invest to make a difference for a company that is supposed to be anywhere near on par with the size of what multinational ELQ is supposed to be. They put no thought into this SL at all. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Carly is so smug, I just want to smack that smirk off her face. And who hated her enough to put her in that dress like a hausfrau?

GF was great today in her scenes with Spencer.

Martin: "Its not like you lost to an unworthy adversary." Martin, are you drunk? Totally unworthy adversaries.

29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Michael's biggest concern that she could lose money as if he isn't aware that this isn't insider trading. 

No surprise. The guy barely finished high school. Only idiots would put him in charge of a company.

Have the writers forgotten that Valentin is a partner in Deception? If Lucy votes for the merger and to kick Valentin out, he could do a lot of harm to Deception.

So now the pressure is on to succeed, Michael because your mother bought into the compaly?  For your mother, but not for the whole Quartermaine family?  As I said, only a fool would give him control of a company.

Sonny has joined Nina on the endless apology to Michael and Carly train. I just wish that people would stop babying Michael and someone would tell Michael that he's being an idiot.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I question how much cash Carly even has to invest to make a difference for a company that is supposed to be anywhere near on par with the size of what multinational ELQ is supposed to be. They put no thought into this SL at all. 

Other than "Carly and her family wins", no thought at all

Carly has some money from the Metro Court but if she uses that, doesn't she have to check with Olivia? She got no money from the last divorce from Sonny.

• Love 7

Sharing parenting tips with Sonny, Jordan? You suck.

Still loving Carly's dress. It's Zara (per wornontv.com), so very affordable! I don't think it's mumsy at all.

25 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

It’s definitely insider trading and also sound like they’re artificially inflating the stock price to make the company look more sound for the merger 

I don't expect high school graduate Michael and newbie Q/three-years-brainwashed-drugged-and-held-hostage Drew to have any idea about how a business is run, let alone the regulatory rules that go along with it.

I had to laugh at Nik's eager "I'm ready to have sex with you again!" to Ava. Of course his penis is.

The Felicia/Esmé/Ryan scenes were really good, as were the Laura/Spencer scenes. Awesome Writer must have snuck in some pages.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

This silly show seems to forget that ELQ is supposed to be a billion dollar corporation and not a million dollar one. There should not be a massive flux of cash coming from Aurora (which didn’t exist 5 years ago to grow that big)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't expect high school graduate Michael and newbie Q/three-years-brainwashed-drugged-and-held-hostage Drew to have any idea about how a business is run, let alone the regulatory rules that go along with it.

I could see Michael, if confronted with this, doing that derpy puzzled face and saying something like "how can it be insider trading?  I told my Mother--she's family."  Because he is THAT. DUMB.

Drew's pathetic.  He should've just opened a Hugs & Affirmations shop and be done with it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Well that's why Ned is baulking.

Everyone else is agreeing because it's Michael and the writing tells us how awesome, strategic and whatever he is. BLQ does't really care about the company, she just likes Michael so if he says it's good why should she doubt it. Monica doesn't really have any business acumen - so she just votes for the family. the kids are kids so everyone else basically votes where the wind blows. 

The only person who actually has business sense in this family, outside of Ned - is Tracey. Who has no shares. (who would also say how stupid this was. bless Tracey). 

And no one is listening to Ned rightly saying that this is dumb - because it's also wrapped up in a bow of "ned is pouting that he can't be CEO" - and I would argue - esp because he just got back with Olivia and he is dealing with Leo theoretically he WOULD want to take a step down and NOT be a CEO - just be.. whatever he is doing.

they are also wrapped up in booting out Val (which thank you show for finally saying why Val needs to control ELQ - because it's giving him a sense of purpose  - and basically a "family" of his own, which makes sense and i dig it).  Michael and Drew feel that the ONLY argument can/should be "ELQ is better run by family." Cool. but then you ALSO can't say that the business has done BETTER with Val at the helm.  

Because if I were at least Monica (who?), while I'd want to support my son and grandson, why would risk the business if it's doing BETTER with someone else at the helm. 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Carly has some money from the Metro Court but if she uses that, doesn't she have to check with Olivia? She got no money from the last divorce from Sonny.

Well probably not. If she was using Metro Court finances/stocks. It wouldn't surprise me though if she cashed in all her money from her marriage to Jax and stuff. 

which i hope she did

and then she crashed. 

and then goes to jail. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Michael never had any true investment in ELQ so him all of sudden only being serious because his mom could lose her shirt in the merger is of no surprise to me. He only cares about it now because it’s a tool to go after Sonny. He said Sam was right to leverage the kids’ shares to Valentin in return for a new parole officer and he would have a done the same thing if in her position and turned down a plumb job from Valentin which would have kept him involved the company.

It’s the crux of the issue with portraying a “family company” that only consists of 1 person who actually grew up in that family and was groomed by Edward. Another example is how BL, Skye, Lila Rae, and Maya so easily sold their shares to an outsider (twice). We know Tracy would have never done that in general principle. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Merger questions:

If Jax bought half the company ( including Crimson) and Shawn bought the Invader... What the hell are Aurora's assets? 

Why is it a merger if ELQ could simply acquire Aurora?

And yes... Please, somebody remember that Lucy will vote with Valentine because of Deception.

( And Carly going to Martha Stewart jail for insider trading would be so great) I'd still prefer Carly leveraging the hotel to buy in to this and losing the hotel in the process.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 12
(edited)

The Spencer and Laura scenes were great. I enjoyed the ones with WL the other day too. There's an obvious comfort level there between the kids and Genie, they do some of their best work with her.

Spencer has the eureka moment that Esme's past holds the answers, again. I thought he figured this out when he found the shoe box letters. And then again when talking to Sam. Geez kid, grab one of those Rapunzel hairs from her brush and send it in to 23 and Me already.  

39 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

( And Carly going to Martha Stewart jail for insider trading would be so great) I'd still prefer Carly leveraging the hotel to buy in to this and losing the hotel in the process.

That's where I hope its headed. And I want Nina to be the one to buy her out and replace her. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Still loving Carly's dress. It's Zara (per wornontv.com), so very affordable! I don't think it's mumsy at all.

I like it too. But those shoes they gave her, tragic. The shoes on this show are always wrong and it drives me nuts!!! 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael never had any true investment in ELQ so him all of sudden only being serious because his mom could lose her shirt in the merger is of no surprise to me. He only cares about it now because it’s a tool to go after Sonny. He said Sam was right to leverage the kids’ shares to Valentin in return for a new parole officer and he would have a done the same thing if in her position and turned down a plumb job from Valentin which would have kept him involved the company.

It’s the crux of the issue with portraying a “family company” that only consists of 1 person who actually grew up in that family and was groomed by Edward. Another example is how BL, Skye, Lila Rae, and Maya so easily sold their shares to an outsider (twice). We know Tracy would have never done that in general principle. 

which is why Edward's will was just so stupid. Tracy and Edward were in such a great place in his final years I just refuse to believe that Edward would screw her that way. If it had been when she was exiled or something - sure? but by the time he passed away? No freaking way. Tracy would have been given the lion share of ELQ to ensure that it was ALWAYS run by someone who was groomed/primed to take that company and ensure it was in family hands. 

honestly as much as we rage against the baby machine, it's just still why we need AJ's secret kids or something. We need more Q's who A: love the family, B: can screw Michael over, and B - actually care about the business. it can't be Ned vs. the world here there needs to be more Q's who actually have a stake in the company and pushing against this stupid thing. (and against Michael in general).

that's why it also just irritates me when Michael goes about "our family" in regards to the Q's. ELQ/Q's aren't his family. they are his front. They aren't his priority.  and when he's done his tantrum. he'll continue to treat the family like afterthoughts. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Drew's pathetic.  He should've just opened a Hugs & Affirmations shop and be done with it.

I agree with you about it not being exciting TV, but if he really had a shop like that I'd be in there all the time, LOL. 

On another note, I agree with all of you praising the Laura/Spencer scenes. It was like the good old days of soaps with the kids going to "Gran's farm" or whatever for some comfort and sage words. Not that Genie looks like the old school grandmothers!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's just still why we need AJ's secret kids or something.

BLQ could grow a brain and realize that Michael is a terrible CEO; they could cast a SORASed Lila. There are options already there if the writers want to take advantage, but they don't because it's easier to keep writing what they've always done. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

The Spencer and Laura scenes were great. I enjoyed the ones with WL the other day too. There's an obvious comfort level there between the kids and Genie, they do some of their best work with her.

Definitely.  The three of them should go on an adventure to bring Lucky home!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

If Jax bought half the company ( including Crimson) and Shawn bought the Invader... What the hell are Aurora's assets? 

The Invader was never a part of Aurora. Peter bought the newspaper from whomever owned it (not Aurora) and originally was going to change paper’s reputation along with Girl Reporter.

When Peter was going to kidnap a pregnant Maxie and leave town via helicopter before falling down the stair, he sold the paper to outside company. Shawn would eventually buy the same paper from this company in order to change it’s reputation along editor in chief Alexis.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:32 PM, 30 Helens said:

Is there a horse coach who stands there and ensures Moss Horse (Hoss?) listens quizzically to every conversation? Because that silky-haired pony is very attentive

I'm waiting for the Mr. Ed twist that the horse can actually talk.  And that he's made a fortune by listening to all the conversations in the horse cabin.  I mean who else would renovate a stable like that?

As for Zelda Whatsername making Britt her personal mission.  Are you going to help her find love or are you going to brainwash her and keep her in your lair?  Because her demeanor kinda said option number 2.

• LOL 4

Oh Nikolas, thinking that divorcing Ava will protect you from her wrath. It is why he’s doing it, no? To tell the truth, I don’t really know what’s in that pea brain of his outside of sex.

Also, Victor w/ his “family is so important” mantra would not make a good ally to Ava against Nick. Spencer, on the other hand…

I see MEK has lost some weight and is now showing a tighter haircut and beard. Cool. His Martin was right about telling Valentin to enjoy life more. If I had a choice between sexing Anna and being stuck arguing w/ the Quartermaines, I know what I would choose.

I also agree that the scenes with Sonny and Jordan were random, not good and weird. He’s really flailing without Nina. Not sure how much that’s the actor or the character.

Regarding the new mother/daughter duos, Felicia/Esme rocked, especially in contrast to Nina/Willow.

Lastly, GF can’t do wrong to my eyes. Have they just tabled the “Luke is dead storyline”? Valentin should have things to do there too.

• Love 2

I don't understand why the writers took Austin out of the Q orbit and had him sign away his rights. They brought him on as independently wealthy (he owned a bunch of property in Pawtuck) and with a gripe against the Qs. There was a story engine there for years. But nope. 

What I would love to see is Brook Lyn with some off camera help from granny, swooping in and taking the company from all of these fools. 

But no, it's all about Michael who is neither rootable nor compelling.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

And now you are bribing Lucy to vote for them with the same info. all these dipsticks are so dumb. 

I don't get why Lucy would even entertain this.  She's not hurting for cash given Deception super recently going public, and Mikey and Drew didn't offer really any other reason she should rock the boat with Valentin, an investor in HER company who could make things tough for her sweetie Tad Martin Grey if he wanted.  They seemed, like, shocked that she didn't just roll over.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Grinaldi said:

I don't understand why the writers took Austin out of the Q orbit

Why did they even bring RoHo back as this character in the first place and then not use him as a Q. So stupid when there were other characters he could have been.

• Like 4
  • Love 11

The Good:

Spencer and Laura.  What familial chemistry GF and NC have--it was delightful.  I loved when Spencer called her "grandma" and it made me wonder if it was a slip by NC, since Spencer usually sticks with Grandmother, doesn't he?  Anyone, absolutely wonder work by the two of them. 

Ryan/Felicia/Esme: That was some good tension.  Felicia really laid into Ryan exactly as she should, as she was the Ava before there was an Ava for Ryan.  And her warning to Esme was spot-on.  It's stupid and bending canon to make Fe Esme's mom, but...I think it could be a good storyline.

And...that was a short list.  Now the Bad:

The police commissioner giving the local crime lord parenting advice.  Talk about ridiculous.  This is an ongoing issue with the show that everyone has to turn a blind eye to the criminal Corinthii and treat them as if they're law-abiding citizens.  The ones who don't are treated like they're the ones who are holding a grudge.

Stupid Michael/Drew/Carly: Carly sounded like a straight-up moron with her "see? I'm helping you!" comment.  Literally, they're breaking the law and while I doubt the show will bother actually showing that, I do hope that the hint that this is all going to blow up in their faces and cause Carly to loose a shit-ton of money comes to fruition. 

Lucy siding with Michael and Drew makes no sense and I hope she's smart enough to know that. 

• Love 10

I admit, I know next to NOTHING about big businesses, but I DO KNOW and remember this show doing a better and more believable job of how ELQ was run through the late 90s.

Why GuzAsshole wrote in that only that SLS should be arse-kissed to work there as if he would be the only great-grandchild that would be spawned, remains a mystery.

And just what was that with Esme of the punchable face and Felicia? Why is Felicia telling this twat her personal business and past?!

Eh. That’s how I felt about the scenes with Laura. First because that turd Spencer and his worse turd of a father are the only family Frank has left her with. No Lucky. No Lulu.

Yeah, still bitter.

And I wish Genie would trim and style her hair instead of the one length straight do.

And I’m extreeeemely bitter there was no Nurses Ball-ONLY because I wanted my Robert-Robin-Anna scenes, DAMMIT!

And because I’m petty, I SO hope Valentin has a few cards up his sleeve to turn this all around so fake!Drew, the  SLS, AND THE SheBeast lose EVERYTHING.

And I also want a horsie.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I find the bad outweighs the good so much on the show that I tend to forget about the good. So before I write about how I wish that Carly will end up in the poor house because she's a total heifer, Spencer/Laura was really good as was Felicia/Ryan/Esme. Esme knows who Felicia is but doesn't seem to know that she could be her birth mother. 

Now, Carly and that smugness she displays. There are no two ways around it, this is insider trading. So of course she stands to make a pretty big bundle once the merger between Aurora and ELQ. I hope the whole thing goes belly up just like crypto. Watching her lose a shit ton of money where she has to start pawning off her ugly jewelry and lose half her hotel which apparently sells caviar sandwiches or whatever for $1K would make my day. 

Michael is intolerable no matter who plays him, but this actor is leaps and bounds better than CD, which makes him less grating. 

The Jordan/Sonny conversation. I don't even remember that version of TJ they were talking about. I think he acted out when he found out that Tommy wasn't his father, but he came around rather quickly, didn't he? I feel like they rewrote history with that, which would be on par anyway, but I don't remember out of control TJ at all. 

Nikolas has air circulating where his brain should be. The guy is an absolute simpleton. What? You think you can get away with cheating on your wife with a girl barely out of her training bra and get away with it with a divorce/remarriage? Of course this thing will blow up at the wedding and I'm glad Ava will already be divorced. She can pack up her things and leave or she can kick him out of Wyndemere and change the locks. He can also go sailing off the parapet.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Jordan/Sonny conversation. I don't even remember that version of TJ they were talking about. I think he acted out when he found out that Tommy wasn't his father, but he came around rather quickly, didn't he? I feel like they rewrote history with that, which would be on par anyway, but I don't remember out of control TJ at all. 

I'm glad you said that because I thought the same thing, but I often miss some things and forget parts of history.

40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jordan sent him to PC to live with Shawn in an effort to straighten him out because he was getting in trouble 2 actors ago. However, he was like 14 years old so if they’re comparing his barely teenage rebellion to a 30 year old Michael’s temper tantrum, I don’t know what to say. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

. However, he was like 14 years old so if they’re comparing his barely teenage rebellion to a 30 year old Michael’s temper tantrum, I don’t know what to say. 

You're right. Michael should be compared to a 3 year old instead. "You didn't do what I want so now I'll destroy you"  is comparable to "You're not the boss of me"

• LOL 5

I don't know about anyone else, but GH characters should know it's a bad idea to get in serial killer Ryan's face and tell him off when they think he's disabled given how many times the guy has risen from the dead or otherwise been sent to the hoosegow forever

• Like 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I like it too. But those shoes they gave her, tragic. The shoes on this show are always wrong and it drives me nuts!!! 

Don’t they wear the worst shoes on this show?  There was some scene with Sasha that I couldn’t pay attention to because she had on the ugliest shoes.  They were horrible.  I was like, stop showing those things but they kept showing them.  

What is with the horrible shoes on this show?

18 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I don't understand why the writers took Austin out of the Q orbit and had him sign away his rights. They brought him on as independently wealthy (he owned a bunch of property in Pawtuck) and with a gripe against the Qs. There was a story engine there for years. But nope. 

16 hours ago, Blackie said:

Why did they even bring RoHo back as this character in the first place and then not use him as a Q. So stupid when there were other characters he could have been.

That is a question a lot are asking.  Why bring Roger Howarth back and make him a Quartermaine and then don’t do anything with it?  They had him get punked out by Brook Lynn.  Weak.  

Maybe he is leaving and that’s why they’re not doing anything with him.  But he moved out to California for some reason.  I don’t know.  The whole situation is odd.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

The whole situation is odd.

I have wondered why they keep bringing in new characters like Barnstormer Cody when they already have presumably popular actors like Howarth who aren’t doing anything. Maybe he requested to step back for a bit and work only part time? Maybe the writers just want to keep all the Q focus on Michael (and his loyal sidekick Drew)? In any event, RoHo should be grateful he’s not part of the current ELQ nonsense, because that shit is just embarrassing.

• Love 4

Carly Has Known about Willow + Nina and hasn't said anything for: One Week. 

Carly: Well i'm here to talk about the rift between you + Michael and how it's costing him 
Me: maybe - tell Michael to stop acting like a brat. 

sigh. once again. Michael can attack everyone he wants with "the truth" but when its his turn, it's "but poor baby." like shut up.  none of this had to happen if your dipstick son and his dipstick girlfriend decided to compromise. also. if Sonny went to Michael, Michael would have thrown a fit. so just shut up Carly

looll. "the man I loved and married five times" haaahhhh. soap love at its greatest

and now we have to go through the "All i needed was time?" argument again? 

Lmao - "it took us a year to fall in love." How is Carly even alive right now? You were in love with Jason for years, you cow. 

and now we're blaming Nina for Sonny's amnesia? give me strength

"i'll never keep donna away from you."  - yeah until you find a Sonny to do what Sonny did to Jax, right carly?  also also - what was the ever last point of this? Carly called Sonny to basically what? say I'm not going to keep Donna from you? whatever. I am so over her. 

Also I would have actually loved it had Sonny flat out told her Nina told him not to testify for her, Nina said that if it meant they weren't together that he should be with Carly and the family and re-stress it was their temper tantrums that Sonny decided to show mercy that ended everything. 

Bearded Wonder is stupid. he's saving every penny to start a ranch but doesn't check to see if the amenities are covered in his contract?

Joss: I am my mother's daughter. Yes. Yes you are and you suck. 

show cliffhanger, whatever

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Cody is such a deadbeat and stupid to boot. He thought that he could charge $500 to the hotel room when he needed all the money?  People who are saving up don't throw money away like that. Britt deserves so much better than this loser.

Speaking of losers, Joss is worried that she and Cameron are not on the same page, and she pushes her way into Trina's plans but her best effort is to use Spinelli. Surely that phone can be traced from the factory with the serial number.

I can't believe that they let Sonny call Carly out on lying and pushing him away. "It took a year for those feelings to develop." Yeah, but Sonny was only gone for 9 months.  But still they give Carly the moral high ground. 😡

Carly, if it's on you to look out for Donna, maybe you shouldn't be cheerleading Michael to destroy her father. Easy to see where Michael and Joss get their vindictiveness. Also way to send Sonny straight to Nina.

If Grandpa Chase knows so much about Title IX, I want him to explain why Trina couldn't have a lawyer represent her at the hearing.

19 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I like him with Maxie but it is such a waste not putting him into the Q sphere. The best Q story currently is Leo's ASD.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The best Q story currently is Leo's ASD.

Which they took Austin out of.  Remember, he was the one who suggested to Ned that he should have Leo checked out.  Then, Olivia and Brook Lynn threw fits about that and Brook Lynn tricked Austin and forced him into signing away his Quartermaine stuff.  Like I said, punked by Brook Lynn.  Weak.

Austin should’ve been the one bonding with Leo, but no.  They gave that to Chase for whatever damn reason.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, if it's on you to look out for Donna, maybe you shouldn't be cheerleading Michael to destroy her father. Easy to see where Michael and Joss get their vindictiveness. Also way to send Sonny straight to Nina.

Right? Sonny flat out said Michael wants to destroy him. Carly: "well can ya blame  him?"
so when donnna goes "so why is daddy ....." is Carly gonna go "well see Michael hated him because of nina so...."

• Like 3

How did Mr Law and Order end up dating a 2 bit con artist ? That is my question Britt.

Soooo finally someone is asking The Jackal for help, but he isn't much help. Can't they trace the phone by the cell towers it pinged, then they would know where it had been, (where Trina wasn't)?

Carly, ugh. Sonny is Ok, see ya later, Ima gonna get laid tonight.😆😝

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He thought that he could charge $500 to the hotel room when he needed all the money?

Are "incidentals" not included usually? I could see a massage or something like that being a personal expense, but a minibar? (Okayt, $500 is a lot, so maybe if there'd been a limit.)

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are "incidentals" not included usually? I could see a massage or something like that being a personal expense, but a minibar? (Okayt, $500 is a lot, so maybe if there'd been a limit.)

usually that's hammered out.  it's either we cover your room WITH it - or we cover you room WITHOUT it. and it's usually plain as day. if i were stringy w/money i wouldn't be blowing 500 dollars without for sure knowing what was what

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But Sonny was only gone 9 months, so...new math?  Also, shut up, Shrew.

honestly. and the thing is - i just love how she's like. "if we knew you were alive, we wouldn't have done it." you don't choose to fall in love. maybe say act on it. but the thing is the more this rages on - it really just seems like well "i'm allowed to do whatever, but you can't so there." 

(and i mean. again - damn this show for making me see things from Sonny's PoV) - but note that - they are saying the same things here. 

Carly wouldn't have acted on her love for jason (yah right) had sonny been alive. SONNY goes i came back and I didn't act on my feelings for Nina, I choose you. and Carly is like "not good enough."  like how do you win. Sonny never acted on his feelings once he realized who he was until Carly basically went all non committal on him.  I also would have loved during this whole "i needed TIME!" crap, that sonny had clapped her back with. "and I asked you how much. "Just need time" is not a response. if you need time say you need a week, a month, a year, but don't just go "time.""  and dangle everyone on hooks until you decide. you needed time. Sonny asked how much and you couldn't come up with an amount. tough titties for you. then. 

• Love 5

Carly could have enough rope to go three times around the world and the show still wouldn't convict her. We already have insider trading and keeping Nina from Willow.

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are "incidentals" not included usually?

Minibar, meals, massages etc. are extra additions to the bill.  Contracts specify how much food and other incidentals are covered (e.g. $40/day) which would include minibar and meals, up to the $40 of course.  Cody is an idiot for not reading the contract before making assumptions about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The coddling Michael gets is hilarious. Ooooh, Scott was mean to him in court and Sonny did nothing! Michael had a lawyer to deal with that "attack," Carly. Good grief.

"Michael's a grown man." If you say so, Smother. 

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny asked how much and you couldn't come up with an amount. tough titties for you.

I was on Carly's side here. How do you know how much time you need? Sonny started harassing her to get over it from the start. Everything always has to be done on his schedule. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Edited by dubbel zout
typos
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The coddling Michael gets is hilarious. Ooooh, Scott was mean to him in court and Sonny did nothing! Michael had a lawyer to deal with that "attack," Carly. Good grief.

"Michael's a grown man." If you say so, Smother. 

So which is it?  Is Michael alls growned up and can make decisions/handle life by himself or was Sonny supposed to jump up in court and shoot Scott dead for being a big meanie to his baby boy?

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

What Carly has done comes off like classic gaslighting to me. She overly involved Michael and Joss in her marriage struggles and made them choose sides. I ignore Joss to an extent since she isn’t Sonny’s kid but it’s exactly what you don’t do in relationships when you share children. Now she feels like can run around and call Sonny a bad father because she’s projected her own issues onto him (Note I don’t think Sonny is a good parent but not for the reasons Carly thinks). It gives her justification to lash out at Sonny and continue to rehash the same issues when he’s moved on from the marriage and she hasn’t. 

It doesn’t help matters that she and Michael throw around how much what Nina did impacted Sonny’s children when it’s clearly only Michael and about how Carly was affected. Dante doesn’t approve of Nina but he still maintains his relationship with Sonny. Kristina seemed fine with him as well during her random guest appearances. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Sam is all bent out of shape at how Spinelli is dressing differently but what about her she’s dressing completely different as well and no one’s giving her the third degree. I will say I like how she’s dressing lately though. Trina is wearing really cute clothes too. 

Sonny didn’t leave his children for Nina, he left Carly for Nina and actually he didn’t even do that.  Yeah it was a dick move to not give Carly the space she asked for, not to mention sleeping with Nina, but at the end of the day Carly ended it. I think under the circumstances she was right, but it was her decision. And how quickly we forget that she was this close to finally marrying her ultimate prize Jason. I just can’t with all this indignation. They are all awful and they’ve all made awful choices. 

Loved this exchange:

”Let’s not forget when I came back to PC you were married to my best friend”

”We thought you were dead”

“Well that’s one way to mourn.”

Burn!!  Loved it.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was on Carly's side here. How do you know how much time you need? Sonny started harassing her to get over it from the start. Everything always has to be done on his schedule. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I guess for me, I don't think i would ever be so open-ended about that. I might not know how much time I needed. but i would at least say that- that i don't know, but at least compromise, be like "just leave me alone completely for a month - and then I'll let you know how i feel - either way ie: i need more time to comprehend. or i made a decision." had she done that and then Sonny copped a fit - i'd be more apt to agree with you that it had to be his way, his time table. But the fact that it was open-ended seemed to me unfair. (and it would drive ME bananas so i don't blame anyone in that situation feeling the same way). 

I totally agree she had the right to want to have time to process it, but I think Sonny was right to ask how much time did she need. at that point saying i need "this much measure of time." is how you answer. "i don't know."  would drive me bananas. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Good:

Spencer and Laura.  What familial chemistry GF and NC have--it was delightful.  I loved when Spencer called her "grandma" and it made me wonder if it was a slip by NC, since Spencer usually sticks with Grandmother, doesn't he?  Anyone, absolutely wonder work by the two of them. 

I find that detail so weird. There is no universe in which Laura told Spencer while he was growing up to call her Grandmother. She would have been grandma all along. I know she was gone a long time, but she was back by the time Spencer was growing up, right? 

27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So which is it?  Is Michael alls growned up and can make decisions/handle life by himself or was Sonny supposed to jump up in court and shoot Scott dead for being a big meanie to his baby boy?

Well remember these are the people want want Sonny to shoot Nina dead for keeping a secret. so who knows.

7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Sonny didn’t leave his children for Nina, he left Carly for Nina and actually he didn’t even do that.  Yeah it was a dick move to not give Carly the space she asked for, not to mention sleeping with Nina,

since i don't care about either of them - i'm not gonna look it up. but I think Sonny had agreed to give Carly time (after he was in the house after not leaving - bad move). like she asked, if he was allowed 1 hr to plead his case. She agreed, then Olivia was like IT'S GOING TO BE SOO ROMANTIC THOUGH! then she got pissed off. then they fought in the gatehouse, and Sonny said he'll give her all the time he needed but he just wanted the one hour and she agreed "I can give you one hour."

then at the bridge she was whinging how Sonny was controlling her. which to me at that point why are you complaining? you KNEW that already and you still agreed to give him an hour and then you were not even gonna show up. you told Kristina that and said it wasn't any of her business. and for someone who didn't want all the schmoop. you were all "aww isn't this awesome?" when you saw all the flowers strewn about. Carly is the very definition of "wanting her cake and eating it too."

• Like 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

since i don't care about either of them - i'm not gonna look it up. but I think Sonny had agreed to give Carly time (after he was in the house after not leaving - bad move).

I feel like he SAID he was going to give her time but actually didn’t. And as soon as she didn’t show up exactly when she was supposed to he jumped in bed with Nina. Not cool. But still, an upgrade in my opinion. 

When Sonny asked if Carly was going to keep Donna away from him it looked to me like a lightbulb went off in Carly’s head. I mean, keeping kids away from their dads is what she does best after all. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I think Sonny was right to ask how much time did she need. at that point saying i need "this much measure of time." is how you answer. "i don't know."  would drive me bananas. 

Anything over 24 hours and Sonny would start demanding Carly to get over it. She couldn't win in that situation, so she might as well ask for unlimited time.

26 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

There is no universe in which Laura told Spencer while he was growing up to call her Grandmother.

It's not as if Nik ever called Laura "Mom." That sort-of-stilted formality works for me, actually.

12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

keeping kids away from their dads is what she does best after all. 

It's Carly's life work, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2