Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: We Few, We Lucky Few, We Band of Gallaghers!

• Start Topic

Same old, same old.

Obviously they're killing off the bitchy baby momma, leaving Lip with a son.  But he'll be single so still a lot of sexy times for Lip in store.  But for all his supposed genius, he's working a low-wage job and now has a kid to support, as well as helping out with his siblings.

Now it's Carl who gets a lot of sex, from his bitchy gf.  The condom broke so they could have a trifecta of young Gallaghers with toddlers or young children but probably not for now.

This show will still be going when Liam is suppose to be like 15 and then he'll get a lot of sex on screen.

Looks like Debbie is setting herself to get in  trouble with that storage unit full of designer clothes that she plans to return.  She wants to feel elegant and sexy under the welders overalls.

Frank is scamming as usual to keep getting high, but he seemed a little subdued -- maybe too preoccupied with Felicity getting out of jail.

Kevin goes back to stripping to pay for $350 basketball shoes because he can't make WIDE OPEN baskets.

The only thing they say about Fiona is that she left them a lot of money and Debbie is managing it.  

Looks like they'll bring Ian back on the show to fill the void of one Gallagher who left.

Nothing we haven't seen before.

4 hours ago, scrb said:

Looks like Debbie is setting herself to get in  trouble with that storage unit full of designer clothes that she plans to return.  She wants to feel elegant and sexy under the welders overalls.

With all due respect, "elegant & sexy" is not in her DNA.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, preeya said:

Well your mileage may vary.

It's just odd that they try to sexualize the actress with those low-cut tops and pumps.  She started out on this show as a little girl.

I guess with Fiona gone they have to have some sexy female characters.  Emmy was willing to do some nudity as the female lead.  Was it one of her first adult roles when the show started?  She would have been in her early 20s?

Would be weird, even creepy if Debbie did some nude scenes.

They're going to have to bring in some other young actresses willing to do nudity probably.   The one playing Carl's gf is maybe too young herself and the Tami character is probably gone -- guess it's good Lip is going to be a single father so they can get him more girlfriends played by actresses willing to do nudity.

IMO it would be a copout if the show kills Tami. Then they wouldn't have to write anything about the challenges of coparenting, just some slapstick about Lip's adventures as a single dad and a lot of sex scenes with different women as has been said above.

Frank needs to be given an original storyline or written off. It's the same thing with him every season.

Debbie has some high end designer stuff in that storage unit - she must have spent nearly all of the $50k on it. She's no Fiona for sure, and the actress isn't nearly as talented or charming as Emmy Rossum. I wish they had gone in a completely different direction with Debbie.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Frank needs to be given an original storyline or written off. It's the same thing with him every season.

This ↑

Yes, Frank's antics (the cons, the drugs, the drinking, the bad father, the attempts at beating the system) have all been played out to the point where they have become overbearing. JMHO

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scrb said:

I guess with Fiona gone they have to have some sexy female characters.  Emmy was willing to do some nudity as the female lead.  Was it one of her first adult roles when the show started?  She would have been in her early 20s?

Emmy Rossum was 25 when she started on Shameless and had quite a few roles prior. Her biggest was playing Christine in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera in 2004.

I liked the updated opening.  We rewound a few times to watch it again.  In 10 seasons this is first change, other than when they took Karen out.  I liked that they added Mickey & Ian banging and had Liam wrapping toilet paper around Frannie and Frannie brushing teeth in toilet.  Nice call backs.  Liam looks old enuf to be driving!  lol

I liked this episode.  I don’t think they are killing Tami off.  She has been in all of the press cast photos and I doubt she would be if she was only in one episode.  I appreciated them not forgetting Fiona’s existence by showing her calling in beginning and then having Debs talking to her at end.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

I liked this episode.  I don’t think they are killing Tami off.  She has been in all of the press cast photos and I doubt she would be if she was only in one episode.  I appreciated them not forgetting Fiona’s existence by showing her calling in beginning and then having Debs talking to her at end.

I'm almost positive I read somewhere during the off season that she had been promoted to a series regular.

Here's the excerpt I referred to.  I guess she's going to survive her surgery.

"Actress Kate Miner, who portrayed Lip’s girlfriend Tami throughout the entirety of Season 9, has gotten a promotion for Shameless Season 10. Miner has been bumped up from a recurring guest star to a series regular,  so expect to see a lot more of Lip’s girlfriend, and maybe even a tiny new face. Tami’s big announcement in Season 9 indicated that she could have a more prominent presence in the series’ next installment, both in story and in body shape."

Edited by preeya

IMO it would be a copout if the show kills Tami.

UGH - I was hopeful. I hate the character.

She always seemed an afterthought. I didn't like how they tied the Cami and Tami together - they could have just been friends.  #hopingfordeath Maybe they could even do like a Matt Logelin plot line and all of sudden Lip becomes an internet darling and showered with advice, gifts, and money.

• Love 1

I was speculating about Tami.

Seems odd that they have complications for her if they weren't going to kill her off.

Complications are out of left field too.

But the previews they showed for "this season" didn't show her at all while they showed Lip and the baby.

In any event, if they were to co-parent, Lip might actually have to move out, get his own place.  Or are they going to have them coparent but not be a couple because they want to keep him in the house?

Last season, Tami tried to get him to rent a place of his own with her, because she found the Gallagher house so disgusting.  I forget, he bailed on it, said he couldn't afford it or something.

I haven't finished watching, but I liked the new intro. They panned up just enough to show it was Deb on the toilet, and I liked Franny taking over Liam's role. 

Mickey bending over was father than they've gone in the past, but it's a bold step. 

• Love 1

Things have always come easy to Lip.  He is painfully bright but also the kind of guy who is too bright for his own good.   I think if Tammy?  does die it will force him to do something he has never had to do before.   Be the primary caregiver of a child.   Even with Liam when Fiona went on her bender he pushed him on the girl he was dating at the time.   What happens if that isn’t an option?  What happens if he actually does have to step up or abandon his child like Frank essentially did?

As for Debbie without even reading the posts I can see people hating her already but I kind her story kind of fun because it is a very early Gallagher thing to do but it will of course blow up in her face because she can’t have nice things and Frank is going to some joe mess it up for her.  She isn’t actually hurting anyone.    All she is doing is attempting to have some kind of social life even if it is based on a lie.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

First of all, I'm not sure that Debbie can simply slip into the role Fiona played in this family. Second, I'm not sure I understand what she's doing with all the designer clothes and jewelry. I sort of got the impression when she went to that bar she was prostituting herself. 

I definitely thought they were killing off Tami so I'm surprised to read the news about her becoming a series regular. I think it would have been better to kill her off, frankly.

So Kevin went from being really hot to being a "daddy" in one season? He's not that old. 

I don't get what's going on with Carl either. I thought he ditched the crazy girlfriend last season. Am I thinking of some other crazy girlfriend? 

I was waiting to see Ian again. I hope they don't wait too long to bring him back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

First of all, I'm not sure that Debbie can simply slip into the role Fiona played in this family. Second, I'm not sure I understand what she's doing with all the designer clothes and jewelry. I sort of got the impression when she went to that bar she was prostitute herself

I was thinking it was a high class lesbian bar.  The intro made a big point to show Debbie saying she thought she was a lesbian and now her “borrowing” clothes.  I can definitely see her dressing herself up and walking into a high class bar and going home with a woman who might be in town fir the night.

I definitely thought they were killing off Tami so I'm surprised to read the news about her becoming a series regular. I think it would have been better to kill her off, frankly.

Who knows how many weeks Tammy will be in the hospital but it might actually be an interesting story to have a Gallagher being brought up in a semi functional relationship.

So Kevin went from being really hot to being a "daddy" in one season? He's not that old. 

Aging in gay years.   Besides it’s kind of more fun to see a middle age heterosexual Kevin navigate gay culture.

I don't get what's going on with Carl either. I thought he ditched the crazy girlfriend last season. Am I thinking of some other crazy girlfriend? 

Different crazy girlfriend.  The other one was a drug addict he locked in his basement to get sober as a get rich quick scheme to afford military school  and instead she got addicted to him.   This one was a fellow military school student who kinda likes him but not enough to ruin her own life.   

2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

This one was a fellow military school student who kinda likes him but not enough to ruin her own life.   

Isn't she the one who has the military father that terrorized Carl? What's the odds that she'll be pregnant?

Also, didn't Frank give Carl's sperm to Peg Bundy to fertilize her harvested eggs?

Edited by preeya

This show is so fucking shitty now. Like it’s been getting bad slowly over time but now with Fiona gone it’s just become complete garbage. IMO it does not work without her. They’re trying to make Debby the new Fiona but again imo Debbie is a horrible character and the actress isn’t great. After all these years I think I’m finally done with this show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Marley said:

This show is so fucking shitty now. Like it’s been getting bad slowly over time but now with Fiona gone it’s just become complete garbage. IMO it does not work without her. They’re trying to make Debby the new Fiona but again imo Debbie is a horrible character and the actress isn’t great. After all these years I think I’m finally done with this show.

ITA, it was so boring. Was it written by a man? It's a guy's fantasy to have a girlfriend who wants sex every damn second of the day, and it's so stupid. Do Gallaghers have magic dicks or something?

If Tami was my daughter or sister and she died (or is still in the hospital), that baby would not go live in the Gallagher household, at least not full time. Over my dead body.

Debbie is being stupid, and I can't believe how many outfits she has at one time, if she's buying and returning them on the regular. It's ridiculous. I was so impressed when she said she was training to do welding under water, but that was a lie.

What did Carl do to piss off his military school so bad? Protect the trans kid in the bathroom? Either way, I realize I don't really care. They just want to show Gallaghers always failing.

A great assessment of this crap episode:

AV Club review

• Love 1

I found the show to actually be much better than the last three seasons - I am not missing Fiona but think I would not be able to watch without  Frank. This is pretty realistic to me - the family would adjust and go on without Fiona and whether or not Debbie can step up. They would go on one way or another. 

My love/like of Fiona ended when she cheated on guy in band and then got engaged to recovering heroin guy. Lets not forget losing Liam over drugs in house - she was by no means a good caregiver/mother figure not saying Debbie is either. Debbie is a lot younger than Fiona was and she left them all - no abandoned them really and more than one time. (Fiona) 

Also a lot of "Franks" carry on for many many years so him still doing his thing is believable at the level this show was.  Now Frank out there having sex with the women from Liams school and a psychiatrist was too far fetched for me but his antics were on point this time. 

Please please dont let her live - her character might make me quit this show - I. Cant. Stand. Her. 

• Love 1

I would have preferred Fiona to stay and Frank to leave. 

Tami is a pain in the ass. Nothing against the actress, she is good. It's the character that is awful. My favorite of Lip's girlfriends was Amanda, from when he was in college. I'd love to see her come back.

• Love 6

oI still like this show but I have long ago accepted it fir what it is.   It’s never going to have Frank suddenly be dad of the year or even care one ounce about his family.  He is more upset about losing out on his share of the Fiona money then having his kids sit on a dirty unhealthy couch.  I have no doubt if he got his hands on that money it would all be gone in 24 hours and then bitch to Debbie how he deserved that money and he should have gotten it in the first place and be genuinely surprised and hurt that the kids got angry at him.

Which is why he is excited when any of the kids even act like him a little bit.   Debbie and her storage locker full of expensive clothes is something Frank can exploit.    Where everyone else would just get really pissed off at her and make her take them all back or just sell them to the neighbors.  Frank is going to take them and sell them himself which will put him at war with Debbie.   And Debbie isn’t Fiona.   

She hits back.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

I would have preferred Fiona to stay and Frank to leave. 

Tami is a pain in the ass. Nothing against the actress, she is good. It's the character that is awful. My favorite of Lip's girlfriends was Amanda, from when he was in college. I'd love to see her come back.

I too would like to see Amanda !!! 1,000 Xs more than his last two girlfriends. 

• Love 2

I too would like to see Amanda !!! 1,000 Xs more than his last two girlfriends. 

Yeah, Amanda is busy playing Cheyenne over on Superstore. She really was the best thing that ever happened to Lip and he ended up treating her like garbage. Not that he necessarily owed her anything but the shitty way he dumped her did a lot of damage to the integrity of his character.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, preeya said:

Can you return panties? I wanted to barf seeing the panty liners on the vanity and imagining her returning used underwear. And when they showed her bending down (and the look on the male co workers face) and you could see it was a thong with the price tag attached, well, panty liners aren't going to do much for the strap up your dirty ass. BTW ladies, good lesson. Always wash items before you wear them. 🤢

50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, Amanda is busy playing Cheyenne over on Superstore. She really was the best thing that ever happened to Lip and he ended up treating her like garbage. Not that he necessarily owed her anything but the shitty way he dumped her did a lot of damage to the integrity of his character.

Holy Crap, I never realized that was the same actress!  Yikes for my brain. 

• Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, Marley said:

The actress sucks. On "The Conners" also, where she is seriously miscast as the daughter of Darlene. 

• Love 2

Forgive me - as I have basically binged 9 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

I think this show will work with Fiona gone - for some reason, I feel like she will be back. I didn't like Fiona when she insisted on moving the family to Michigan for a year.  She lost her "voice of reason" - then just continued to make more bad choices.  

Lip - would like to see him succeed. I realize that if he does, the Gallaghers will lose their "do anything to struggle" hook.  His story lines are a "waste" - I really hope they kill off Tami.  How can anyone be smart and be with someone that mean.

Ian - other than who he sleeps with and his bipolar diagnosis, I feel like he brings nothing interesting to the story. 

Debbie - this character was  "cute" and knew how to hustle at an early age. Sad to see she is not very well received on these boards.  (Hate that she blew all the money Fiona left them on garbage.)

Carl - the whole military thing seems recycled from Ian.  Another one who gets involved with crazy women.

Liam - funny, glad one of them has a brain.  Doesn't seem to be as corrupt as the rest.  

Frank - agree he will never be an upright citizen. I do understand the children's relationship with him.  In my culture - regardless of how shitty your parents are - they are still your parents.

There are too many derogatory Filipino jokes on this show.  I know they disparage a lot of different kinds of people - but it seems like Filipino people are a regular punchline.   

I will probably watch until it gets cancelled as I am a "new" watcher.  

Lol what do I know? I liked JimmySteve. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Lip - would like to see him succeed. I realize that if he does, the Gallaghers will lose their "do anything to struggle" hook.  His story lines are a "waste" - I really hope they kill off Tami.  How can anyone be smart and be with someone that mean.

I always wanted a resolution of Lip going to college. So much plot was involved in this, it started out very positive and his addiction cost him his education.

I wanted him to try another college or get a lawyer and force the college to take him back due to his relationship with a professor (and force her to take responsibility). Unfortunately like most plot-lines it was forgotten quickly.

As for Frank I continue to fast forward through all his scenes as he has and continues to add absolutely nothing to the story.

Edited by juno
add on
  • Love 1

I realize I get the most reaction from the "graphic" scenes.  Not the sexual, per se - but the gross.

I can still "see" when Monica slashed her wrists and in the same episode when Karen's gives birth.

Fun fact - that episode elicited the biggest laugh from me.

"why does he look weird"

"because he has down syndrome - and he's Asian"

Kevin "maybe we are looking at him upside down." 

• Love 1

I know I'm way behind, but what happened to the girlfriend that was locked in a basement and then disappeared outside Carl's school? No Gallagher went to his graduation? Fiona would have been front and center.

Debbie isn't Fiona and shouldn't be. The baby has blue eye, blatantly ignoring her father's genes?

And Frank. If they throw in a fake marriage with his friend, I'll be out.

Just kill this sucker off.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, chabelisaywow said:

Forgive me - as I have basically binged 9 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

I think this show will work with Fiona gone - for some reason, I feel like she will be back. I didn't like Fiona when she insisted on moving the family to Michigan for a year.  She lost her "voice of reason" - then just continued to make more bad choices.  

Ian - other than who he sleeps with and his bipolar diagnosis, I feel like he brings nothing interesting to the story. 

Debbie - this character was  "cute" and knew how to hustle at an early age. Sad to see she is not very well received on these boards.  (Hate that she blew all the money Fiona left them on garbage.)

Carl - the whole military thing seems recycled from Ian.  Another one who gets involved with crazy women.

Liam - funny, glad one of them has a brain.  Doesn't seem to be as corrupt as the rest.  

Frank - agree he will never be an upright citizen. I do understand the children's relationship with him.  In my culture - regardless of how shitty your parents are - they are still your parents.

There are too many derogatory Filipino jokes on this show.  I know they disparage a lot of different kinds of people - but it seems like Filipino people are a regular punchline.   

I will probably watch until it gets cancelled as I am a "new" watcher.  

Dont apologize this show is one of the best shows to binge watch - I know because that was how I got started a few years ago.

Lip was and is my favorite but I have been more than disappointed with the direction they have taken his character. 

I too grew up with the belief they are still your parents. 

And Jimmy/Steve was better than Lip cause he added a bit of mystery and Fiona and him were so hot together.......... ah another disappointment.  Whatcha gonna do? 

• Love 2
On 11/14/2019 at 3:54 PM, msrachelj said:

Can you return panties? I wanted to barf seeing the panty liners on the vanity and imagining her returning used underwear. And when they showed her bending down (and the look on the male co workers face) and you could see it was a thong with the price tag attached, well, panty liners aren't going to do much for the strap up your dirty ass. BTW ladies, good lesson. Always wash items before you wear them. 

Typically you cannot return bathing suits, bras, or underwear.  I typically wash virtually everything that I buy prior to wearing it - this just cements that belief that this is a good practice.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:27 AM, WaltersHair said:

Debbie isn't Fiona and shouldn't be. The baby has blue eye, blatantly ignoring her father's genes?

I'm not sure if you're referring to Lip's baby or Frannie.  If you're talking about Lip's baby: Many babies are born with blue eyes and they will sometimes go brown by six months of age.  If Frannie:  It is very possible for two brown eyed people to have a baby with blue eyes.  Brown is the dominant gene and if the parents each have one brown and one blue gene, and they pass on the blue gene to their baby, then their baby will have blue eyes.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:47 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I loved Jimmy Steve! Sure he was a liar and a thief but he and Fiona were HOT! (I fanwank that Fiona ran off and met up somewhere with Jimmy Steve and she's laughing and having fun with him right now)

I didn't start watching this show until the final episode of season 7. (Monica's funeral) I went back and binge watched all the prior seasons until I caught up.

Fiona is, was and always will be my favorite character on the show. But I also love Frank. I love that he is consistently a fuck-up. When you are old like me you will have met quite a few people in your life and sometimes they are people like Frank. They never learn. They never grow up. They never change. Such is life.

Debbie was never my favorite and I don't think she will be able to fill Fiona's shoes.

I've always found Lip to be a self righteous prick. 

Not sure what's up with Liam?

• Love 1
On 11/14/2019 at 4:05 PM, msrachelj said:

The actress sucks. On "The Conners" also, where she is seriously miscast as the daughter of Darlene. 

Plus the actress is extremely unattractive.  Why make such a show of her all dressed up trying to look hot.  They couldn’t let her be smart, good at her job, other things? 

The Frank character should have gone.  At least with the younger ones they all have a chance to improve.  He’s just gross and add nothing to the show. 

Edited by Lemons