Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: We're Talking About Crazy People

• Start Topic

Airs October 20, 2019

Chloe goes to the prom without Max; Caelan and Shelly meet with an attorney; Alex feels caught between Tyra and his grandmother; Rilah's blood pressure spikes, and her baby's heart rate drops; Hailey gets shocking news.

Big surprise, Chloe went to prom anyway. I knew she would. She was just trying to make Max feel badly with her, "if you're not going, I'M not going."

I did think it was shitty if Jessica to put Chloe's friend in an awkward situation, by asking her what was up with Max. 

Hailey truly has no emotion. She recounted Mathew's break-up with absolutely no emotion. And then her mother starts in with all that bluster. I'm sorry, Matthew is a douche, but what did he do that warrents supervised visits?

Speaking of, I'm glad Caelen went to a lawyer and that we didn't have to see McKayla tonight. 

Alex's mom and grandma annoy the piss out of me. They're way too clingy with that baby. Between that house and Tyra's, the poor child probably wishes for adoption daily. 

• Love 16

Chloe is so stupid and delusional. A drug addict is someone who’s high 24/7, not her baby daddy who had od’d multiple times and keeps failing drug tests (testing positive for fucking fentanyl of all things).

He is high all the time!!! And yet, she’s still going forward to move in with her junkie boyfriend and has not thought once about how dangerous that is for her baby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Only 1 response? Wish more primetimers watched this sh**fest.

I had to record it last night; Mr. Robot took precedence. 😉

I am, however, looking forward to Hailey's flat-affect discussion of the break up.

10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hailey truly has no emotion. She recounted Mathew's break-up with absolutely no emotion. And then her mother starts in with all that bluster. I'm sorry, Matthew is a douche, but what did he do that warrents supervised visits?

Hailey's mother is acting like a teenager herself. All this payback and punishment. Support your daughter, help her redirect her focus on her baby and her future, not getting  back at stupid Matthew. Hailey's just a kid but her damn mother should know better.

Chloe is both ignorant and smug. That is a terrible combination.

• Love 21

Sorry, we had tornados in our area and I lost my recording (hopefully the re-recording that I cued up later in the night took - our power also went out in the wee small hours of the night!).

Now we know why Rilah was practically shouting in Anthony's face last week. She is her mother's daughter. What kind of person do you have to be to practically shout at your teenager and try to get her worked up about having dangerously high blood pressure?! And this woman is an L&D nurse?! She should have been a calming force during that car ride. 

Alex's mom and grandma make me want to scream. Tyra actually shows an impressive level of self-control and maturity while she's around them. When she finally snaps on them, it will be well deserved. 

Haley is just sad. I don't know if she's normally stoic or if she's in the throes of PPD. She's better off without that little punk. Her mom needs to step up and be a mom, not a BFF. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Haley's mother is the worst fucking mother ever isn't even being a good "friend" because a real friend would tell her to stay away from Matthew and close her legs to people who treat her like shit. Haley needs some serious counseling because her mother is detrimental to any future self-esteem.

I had no problem Jessica asking Chloe's friend about what was really going on with Max. She's likely known the girl for many years and she didn't try to force her into spilling all. I'd have asked, too.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Chloe is so stupid and delusional. A drug addict is someone who’s high 24/7, not her baby daddy who had od’d multiple times and keeps failing drug tests (testing positive for fucking fentanyl of all things).

He is high all the time!!! And yet, she’s still going forward to move in with her junkie boyfriend and has not thought once about how dangerous that is for her baby.

Chloe is so ignorant. She sounds worse than people who claim they're not addicts, because they don't use/drink every day. We're not talking about recreational pot use. Fentanyl is a hardcore drug and he obviously can't stay away from it if he keeps failing drugs tests. 

I just want to know how she knows he's not high when with her. Does she drug test him? As dumb as she is, I'm sure he HAS BEEN high around her. She needs to think of their baby's safety first and educate herself. 

39 minutes ago, politichick said:

I had no problem Jessica asking Chloe's friend about what was really going on with Max. She's likely known the girl for many years and she didn't try to force her into spilling all. I'd have asked, too.

I thought it was shady. She pulled her over, secretly, and tried to get it out of her before Chloe realized what was going on. You could tell the girl felt majorly uncomfortable. She likely didn't want to disrespect these long-time, family friends by not telling them. But if she DID tell, she's being disloyal to Chloe. It was a really unfair position to put a kid in. 

• Love 14

Did y'all notice this?  Chloe is in a TH saying, "There's no way for my parents to find out anything about Max because obviously I'm not going to tell them.  They don't talk to Max's dad.  He's not going to tell them.  Nobody is really going to tell my parents."  Cut to...Maddie walking through the front door.  Kudos to the editors!

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chloe is both ignorant and smug. That is a terrible combination.

So true.  I find her unbearable.

Does anybody remember Dr. Laura Schlessinger's radio show?  Once a caller was complaining about her teenager lying to her, and Dr. Laura said, "He's a teenager.  His job is to lie to you."  So I get it, but just the casual way Chloe discusses and describes her lying is unsettling to me.

2 hours ago, politichick said:

She did more than ask.  The first time, in person, was unfair, because it was basically asking her to betray Chole, and as @ghoulina pointed out, it made the girl majorly uncomfortable.  But the answer she got wasn't good enough for Jessica, and despite the girl's obvious discomfort, Jessica later texted her, asking the same question.  Don't badger the poor kid into telling you something she previously refused to tell you, especially when it will (or at least should) piss Chloe off.

Not that I have a problem with pissing Chloe off.  In fact, I'm all for it.  But it's not right to badger her friend into doing something that's going to piss Chloe off at her.

17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm sorry, Matthew is a douche, but what did he do that warrents supervised visits?

I know!  She was boasting how she wasn't going to let the other Hailey in her house, and that's fine with me.  But this nonsense about how he's going to be allowed only supervised visits because she's mad at him?  Only if he agrees to it, lady.

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I am, however, looking forward to Hailey's flat-affect discussion of the break up.

Here are some grammar highlights:

I love being a mom but it's hard because me and Matthew keep getting into fights.

We was hanging out with friends.

And he was just, like, told me that I had an attitude when they was there the whole time.

He just said he's not happy no more.

Of course I tried to beg him to come back but he ain't having it.

[Flashback TH] Hailey is my closest friend I have right now and she's telling me her and Matthew was texting.

He act like he just don't love me no more.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

OK so it seems we, as a group, are torn on the issue of unwed teen moms throwing baby showers and expecting their friends to attend.

But how do we feel on the issue of them moving out and getting a place w/ the baby daddy asap? Alex said if he can still have Tyra over to his g-ma's house occasionally, then he would rather not move out to live w/ Tyra and her family "bc he has everything he needs right here" w/ g-ma.

Is he right or wrong?

I think these young women should stay w/ their parents as long as possible so both can further their education and the guy or both can work and save $$. I don't understand the appeal of moving out and in w/ these guys who prbly don't even know to wash a load of laundry...

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

OK so it seems we, as a group, are torn on the issue of unwed teen moms throwing baby showers and expecting their friends to attend.

But how do we feel on the issue of them moving out and getting a place w/ the baby daddy asap? Alex said if he can still have Tyra over to his g-ma's house occasionally, then he would rather not move out to live w/ Tyra and her family "bc he has everything he needs right here" w/ g-ma.

Is he right or wrong?

I think these young women should stay w/ their parents as long as possible so both can further their education and the guy or both can work and save $$. I don't understand the appeal of moving out and in w/ these guys who prbly don't even know to wash a load of laundry...

I do think he is right. Money for paying rent at a new place is better spent providing for the baby. They’re already in a bad situation as teen parents. Adding rent, utilities, groceries and moving expenses on top of everything is bonkers. We’re talking kids in high school or new grads with no college education and no trade skills either. These kids can’t even pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel! What kind of money are they going to make to sustain an independent household? 

Major side-eye at Tyra’s mom trying to get a teen boy to help her pay Her rent and calling it “stepping up” and “responsibility.”

Plus, moving in together as teen parents is a great way to end up with baby #2. I’m not crazy about these sleepovers either for that exact reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Major side-eye at Tyra’s mom trying to get a teen boy to help her pay Her rent and calling it “stepping up” and “responsibility.”

I absolutely agree with this. I cannot believe the whole crew of them standing around in the potential new house, divvying up the rent payments among the mother and two teenage boys! Weren't the two sisters going to contribute at all? 

I've often said here that I simply cannot understand why these idiots think the next step is for them to start playing house. Stay with your families, take care of your babies, finish school and at least take a stab at getting organized. Where's the fire?

And there is no way in hell I would allow my daughter to move in with her boyfriend's family. Nor would I allow her boyfriend to move in to my home. I'm still in shock from last season, Lexus's stupid mother let her daughter's emerging criminal boyfriend stay over at her house.   

• Love 8

Yeah- to the above with Tyra's mom: 

It's almost like she's pimping out her daughters for the guys who want to keep "hooking up with" them to live there, they'll shell out rent $$. Very bizarre behavior.  I'd be staying with my grandma/ mom also if I were Alex. He's right not to want to live in a chaotic house with 3 teen moms and the whacked out mom breathing down his neck for $$. He may be the wisest CHILD on the show. His grandma & mom are very weird towards Tyra with the baby though. Inappropriate comments and grabbing at the baby and waking her are uncalled for.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Does anybody remember Dr. Laura Schlessinger's radio show?  Once a caller was complaining about her teenager lying to her, and Dr. Laura said, "He's a teenager.  His job is to lie to you."  So I get it, but just the casual way Chloe discusses and describes her lying is unsettling to me.

You might be upset because of how unbelievably stupid Cloe's lies are.  She stands right in front of a television camera insisting there is no way her parents will find out about Max being in rehab.  First of all, there's the fact that Max is on TV so it is quite likely his going to rehab will be covered in the papers.  And secondly,  everyone in their small town is probably gossiping about every single thing he does.  And if none of that reaches her parents, there's the fact that she's explaining that her parents can't possibly find out to a camera for a national TV show!  I'd be just as pissed to think my kid thinks I'm this stupid as I would be about the lie he was telling me.  You'd have to be as dumb as Chloe and Max to think this plan would work.  

• Love 5
20 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Is he right or wrong?

I tend to agree that Alex and Tyra would probably benefit from living in their respective places for awhile, and getting their shit together. But, when it comes to sharing the care for a child, it IS easier if both parents are under one roof. Also, I don't think Alex's reasoning is along those kind of practical lines. I just think he's pretty spoiled where he is and isn't trying to give up that life of "luxury" to squeeze in like sardines at Tyra's house. Half of me doesn't blame him, but half of me thinks he's going to be a late one to mature. If ever. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I tend to agree that Alex and Tyra would probably benefit from living in their respective places for awhile, and getting their shit together. But, when it comes to sharing the care for a child, it IS easier if both parents are under one roof. Also, I don't think Alex's reasoning is along those kind of practical lines. I just think he's pretty spoiled where he is and isn't trying to give up that life of "luxury" to squeeze in like sardines at Tyra's house. Half of me doesn't blame him, but half of me thinks he's going to be a late one to mature. If ever. 

I wonder if it also means he's not 100% committed to Tyra and doesn't want to lose his freedom of movement🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't know, unlike some of the other "dads" we haven't really seen Alex show any signs of being anything but devoted to Tyra - he just seems to be reluctant to leave his comfort zone where grandma dotes on him and he doesn't have to put up with the chaos that is at Tyra's house.  I just think that both Tyra and his grandmother need to expect more out of him and not give him a free pass on taking on responsibility for his child - both emotionally and financially.  One of the biggest problems on this show seem to be that most of these girls set the bar pretty low on their expectations from the guys and the guys manage to live down to their expectations!

• Love 5

Rilah's mom - way to go being 'supportive'. Pregnant teen daughter with high BP, scared of labor & possible c-section - so she tells her how hard everything is going to be then lectures her to be strong.  I know she's not L&D (thankfully), but I wouldn't want her as my nurse even in the OB/Gyn office. No warm fuzzies from that woman at. all.

Next week Hailey takes Matt back & lets him back in her bed. She's probably not even recovered from the birth & will already be letting that dweeb all over her.  🤢

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I like Jessica and her husband. I like the idea that they are nosy and intrusive. Of all of the families they appear to be the only ones who appear to really parent their child and grandchild. Yes, they appear to be controlling but when all is said and done they are the only adults in the room and they act accordingly. Chloe is being a teen.  I would not be facilitating my teen playing house under my roof. 

When all is said and done it’s the adult parents whose lives are most affected by the teen‘s pregnancy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I wonder if it also means he's not 100% committed to Tyra and doesn't want to lose his freedom of movement🤔

He's probably not even committed to his next trip to the bathroom...he's too young...yes, he's found himself in an adult situation and he will need to step up forever, but he and she should stay put, save money and plan for their child's future.  There is little likelihood that they have a future together but they do have to coparent and should spend time focusing on that.  If they are meant to be...they will be together...but they need to be strong parents no matter what.  I honestly think these two have a shot of both being decent parents...which is unusual on this show....

• Love 4

Jessica continues to be horrible. She tried her best to get Chloe's friend to spill the dirt. "We're past the judgement." Yeah, suuurrrrrreee.  No matter how terrible Max is - and he is - I'll never like Jessica. She's manipulative and controlling. I hate the way she treats her daughter, especially when her parents are around. "See. This is how she treats us/talks to us. This is what she does." Like she's telling on her own child to shame Chloe into behaving the way she wants. And her husband is a pathetic, mealy-mouthed sycophant.

Glad we were spared McKayla. So tired of her and her family's antics. 

I can't blame Alex for not wanting to move in with Tyra's family but his mother is a beast herself. I'm not making fun of her looks, but the way she acts (to her own mother, to her son, to Tyra and with that baby) is awful. I can easily see why Tyra wouldn't want to live/spend time over there. Also, I can't stand Tyra's sister. She's obnoxious and annoying and when she said there would be five adults in the house I couldn't believe she was counting herself as one of them. 

Rilah's mother is very trashy. As much as she likes to talk about Rebecca, she doesn't come off as being any better. 

Hailey. I don't want to say the girl has PPD without knowing for sure. It could just be that everything was coming to a head just as she had her daughter but she definitely seems depressed. Matthew is a turd. I don't see him as the type of guy to stay with any woman for any real length of time. As soon as things get tough, he'll move on to the next warm and willing body. Rinse and repeat no matter how many kids are involved. That said, Hailey's mom crying over the whole situation is a bit much. Just because she let the boy move in and have unlimited (and unprotected) sex with her daughter doesn't equate to raising him. Matthew took advantage of her stupidity and Hailey's "love" for him and used it to his advantage. And he will continue to do so all their lives. Hailey doesn't have a shred of self-esteem. That boy will be in and out of her vagina for many years unless she gets it together or he ends up in jail.  

• Love 5

To add to Tyra commentary:

I agree with you all who have stated how these teen moms are dragging infants who can't even support their heads yet to zoos and parks. That shouldn't happen til later, kids. An infant needs to be fed, changed, & needs sleep.  Simple tummy time on the livingroom floor with some touch & sound stimulation is fine. These girls are going to parks and zoos bc they themselves are bored and it's what *they* feel like doing. 

• Love 5

Was real happy to see Caelen and Mom go to the lawyer's office and start visitation proceedings.  What I'm not sure about yet is how much child support Caelen is paying.  That's likely to change with the visitation discussion, since it seems (if he's paying) he may be paying what McKayla has demanded, rather than what he's legally obligated to do.

What I also don't know is, since she's living with her family and not on her own, whether that living arrangement impacts what Caelen would need to pay.  Having lived with this situation with an ex-, the rules vary from State to State.  But seeing as she's not having pay any housing costs, that should be a factor in the support determination.

In the meantime, McKayla's time to control the situation is coming to an end and it's not a moment too soon.  I'm only sorry that Caelen's family has been cut off from the new baby for the first four months of her life.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Jessica continues to be horrible. She tried her best to get Chloe's friend to spill the dirt. "We're past the judgement." Yeah, suuurrrrrreee.  No matter how terrible Max is - and he is - I'll never like Jessica. She's manipulative and controlling. I hate the way she treats her daughter, especially when her parents are around. "See. This is how she treats us/talks to us. This is what she does." Like she's telling on her own child to shame Chloe into behaving the way she wants. And her husband is a pathetic, mealy-mouthed sycophant.

Glad we were spared McKayla. So tired of her and her family's antics. 

I can't blame Alex for not wanting to move in with Tyra's family but his mother is a beast herself. I'm not making fun of her looks, but the way she acts (to her own mother, to her son, to Tyra and with that baby) is awful. I can easily see why Tyra wouldn't want to live/spend time over there. Also, I can't stand Tyra's sister. She's obnoxious and annoying and when she said there would be five adults in the house I couldn't believe she was counting herself as one of them. 

Rilah's mother is very trashy. As much as she likes to talk about Rebecca, she doesn't come off as being any better. 

Hailey. I don't want to say the girl has PPD without knowing for sure. It could just be that everything was coming to a head just as she had her daughter but she definitely seems depressed. Matthew is a turd. I don't see him as the type of guy to stay with any woman for any real length of time. As soon as things get tough, he'll move on to the next warm and willing body. Rinse and repeat no matter how many kids are involved. That said, Hailey's mom crying over the whole situation is a bit much. Just because she let the boy move in and have unlimited (and unprotected) sex with her daughter doesn't equate to raising him. Matthew took advantage of her stupidity and Hailey's "love" for him and used it to his advantage. And he will continue to do so all their lives. Hailey doesn't have a shred of self-esteem. That boy will be in and out of her vagina for many years unless she gets it together or he ends up in jail.  

I agree w/ everything you said. I mean, I didn't see Julie (Alex's mom) treat Patricia (Alex's grandma) badly necessarily. But I just generally have a low opinion of parents who pawn their kids off on other relatives to raise and leave town (as Julie did w/ Alex). 

Jessica and Nate (Jessica's husband) are so gross! He, especially. Yes, mealy mouthed sycophant! Add lapdog, brown nose and cuckhold!😂

23 minutes ago, b2H said:

Was real happy to see Caelen and Mom go to the lawyer's office and start visitation proceedings.  What I'm not sure about yet is how much child support Caelen is paying.  That's likely to change with the visitation discussion, since it seems (if he's paying) he may be paying what McKayla has demanded, rather than what he's legally obligated to do.

What I also don't know is, since she's living with her family and not on her own, whether that living arrangement impacts what Caelen would need to pay.  Having lived with this situation with an ex-, the rules vary from State to State.  But seeing as she's not having pay any housing costs, that should be a factor in the support determination.

In the meantime, McKayla's time to control the situation is coming to an end and it's not a moment too soon.  I'm only sorry that Caelen's family has been cut off from the new baby for the first four months of her life.

According to Tim, I'm thinking Caelan pays nothing. At least not on a regular basis. Tim said he doesn't make Caelan pay but the courts will. I kinda feel bad for Tim and Cindy having to support 4 kids (Mykayla, her unnamed  brother and Mykayla's two kids). They're horrible and everything. But gosh, I'm sure they expected something different at this stage of their lives.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I like Jessica and her husband. I like the idea that they are nosy and intrusive. Of all of the families they appear to be the only ones who appear to really parent their child and grandchild. Yes, they appear to be controlling but when all is said and done they are the only adults in the room and they act accordingly. Chloe is being a teen.  I would not be facilitating my teen playing house under my roof. 

Yeah, I totally agree.  I can't imagine them handling the Max situation better--it's a totally fucked-up situation, but they're handling it.  I know I should know better, but I like Chloe.  Even if her confidence is misplaced, she seems like the only young person on this show with any joie de vivre whatsoever.  

13 hours ago, Medsed said:

He's probably not even committed to his next trip to the bathroom...he's too young...yes, he's found himself in an adult situation and he will need to step up forever, but he and she should stay put, save money and plan for their child's future.  

I think Alex is too immature to handle adult responsibilities, but not too young.  He's 19.  A hundred years ago, men of that age were shouldering a whole lot more responsibility than one infant and a girlfriend, with a grandmother doing their laundry.

------------------------------

As far as Caelen, I'm kinda relieved he is just asking for the one day a week of visitation.  I don't think there will be a big showdown, given that there's no custody battle.  I really hope--and I'm not even snarking--that the McKayla clan just lets Caelen have the kids for one day a week.  Wouldn't they want that time to re-group anyway?

---------------------------

I think Matthew is the worst person on this show (maybe not worse than McKayla, but right up there) and Hailey's mom has every right to set limits.  I guess she lives by the "better late than never" school of thought.  Yes, Matthew is the father of Hailey's daughter, and he should be allowed to see his kid, unless he demonstrates that he's unfit, but Hailey is still her mom's daughter, and I think it's Hailey's mom's responsibility to protect her daughter from a boy who is so immature and reckless that he is publicly with a new girlfriend a week after his girlfriend at the time gave birth.  Max is (rightfully) banned from Chloe's parents' house and Matthew should be banned from Hailey's mom's home.  He's a disgusting person who needs to grow up and plan on how to raise his daughter without the support of Hailey's mom, who has been way too good by him for too long IMO.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

No matter how terrible Max is - and he is - I'll never like Jessica. She's manipulative and controlling.

Ah, it's the age-old teenage drama.  Jessica's best friend has a boyfriend and is leaving Jessica in the cold, and Jessica is jealous. 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:00 PM, BallisticNikki said:

I don't have an opinion, but your comment did make me think about how many of these kids have their own fathers at home.  Is Max the only one? 

Might that be driving some of their desire to have a "family" with mommy, daddy, and baby?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I think there may be a slight lack of commitment, in the sense that he's not ready to move in and share responsibilities. But I don't see anything that has made me think he wants to "play the field" or anything of that nature. 

3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

According to Tim, I'm thinking Caelan pays nothing. At least not on a regular basis. Tim said he doesn't make Caelan pay but the courts will. I kinda feel bad for Tim and Cindy having to support 4 kids (Mykayla, her unnamed  brother and Mykayla's two kids). They're horrible and everything. But gosh, I'm sure they expected something different at this stage of their lives.

But they created the hell they're living in. They indulge McKayla's every whim. They should have encouraged her more to try and make it work with Caelen, made it harder for her to come home. They should have set up rules if she's going to live there - work/school. We're not babysitting all the time. Etc. But they don't. They deserve everything they get, IMO. 

• Love 11
On 10/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, brillia79 said:

I do think he is right. Money for paying rent at a new place is better spent providing for the baby. They’re already in a bad situation as teen parents. Adding rent, utilities, groceries and moving expenses on top of everything is bonkers. We’re talking kids in high school or new grads with no college education and no trade skills either. These kids can’t even pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel! What kind of money are they going to make to sustain an independent household? 

I don't think I have ever heard this and I love it so much!

17 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

She is doing what I would probably do too, because she is panicking and watching her daughter make some HUGE mistakes.  But in her quest to completely control the situation and her daughter, she is pushing her away.  I doubt Chloe would lie to her constantly if she didn't completely freak the f out at every dumb decision she makes.  But like I said, I would also be freaking the f out if my daughter was dating a dude who keeps OD'ing! 

3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Check McKayla's thread (I think I read it there) to see how great that relationship is going - unnamed brother and Gramps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Ah, it's the age-old teenage drama.  Jessica's best friend has a boyfriend and is leaving Jessica in the cold, and Jessica is jealous. 

I don't have an opinion, but your comment did make me think about how many of these kids have their own fathers at home.  Is Max the only one? 

Might that be driving some of their desire to have a "family" with mommy, daddy, and baby?

I don't think Khloe is Jessica's best friend.  Jessica has a younger child in the home and what seems to be an attentive husband - who has stepped up to be a parent to Khloe apparently in the past.  I think Jessica is way over the top but if my daughter was in that situation I would probably behave in a similar manner (and gosh, my daughter's friends always told me (without me asking by the way) when something was going on sketchy with one of her boyfriends).  Max is a disaster waiting to happen and as a parent Jessica needs to limit exposure to him.  Who could trust him?  He would probably steal your refrigerator if he thought it would buy him drugs!

I still think these baby mamas (and their mamas) need to make the baby daddys step up and be accountable for some of the costs associated with raising these children.  They truly are clueless - the whole lot of them!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

According to Tim. Who thinks Caelen working, trying to provide a home for McKayla and their kids is doing nothing. I don't believe anything that comes out of any member of that family's mouths. They all act as immature and spiteful as McKayla and believe all the crap she says, which is far from the truth, as we've seen. It would not surprise me at all to find out Caelen gives her money to buy things for the kids, she spends it on herself, then cries to Grandpa and Grandma when she needs diapers and formula and says Caelen never gives her any money.

Grandma and Grandpa created the McKayla monster, now they're having to deal with their creation. If they'd told her no instead of giving in to her every single time she wanted something, she might have learned that the world doesn't actually revolve around her like she believes it does.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Grandma and Grandpa created the McKayla monster, now they're having to deal with their creation.

Her mom had a hand in this, abandoning two of her kids to her own aging parents (who she knew had problems of their own) so she could drug up. If she's got her shit together now she should take them back, but she doesn't. It seems the boy who Grandpa Tim obviously can't handle is still living with him & not his mother as well.

Now McKayla wouldn't want to live with mom because mom doesn't have time to cater to her, so she'd actually have to do something - & that would be good for her if it could happen.

Reg. Chloe, something went wrong there as she got attached to an abusive addict.  Once she's 18 Max thinks Chloe is his (possessive maniac), & Chloe is still not seeing the obvious problems with this guy - like way beyond red flags problems. I can't imagine what will wake her up - maybe Max overdosing under her protective presence, since she thinks as long as he's with her all is well. 🙄

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10
On 10/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, hisbunkie said:

When all is said and done it’s the adult parents whose lives are most affected by the teen‘s pregnancy.

Jessica is trying to protect her daughter from the manipulative junkie who made it his mission to get her teen daughter pregnant and separate her from her parents. Easier to control her that way.

I’m for it. Max is a liar, thief and a creep. Chloe would know that if she weren’t so dim. No parent in the world would be chill while watching a bum ruin their child’s life or while being a danger to their grandchild.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

As far as Caelen, I'm kinda relieved he is just asking for the one day a week of visitation.  I don't think there will be a big showdown, given that there's no custody battle.  I really hope--and I'm not even snarking--that the McKayla clan just lets Caelen have the kids for one day a week.  Wouldn't they want that time to re-group anyway?

McKayla needs time for the new boyfriend.  I would think that Caelen having the kids during her date time would be a plus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, b2H said:

But seeing as she's not having pay any housing costs, that should be a factor in the support determination.

Before you even step foot into the courtroom, you have to fill out a financial statement, including what you earn, what your debts are, what your weekly or monthly bills are, etc. The judge would use that as part of the custody agreement/child support amount.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, gonecrackers said:

Rilah's mom - way to go being 'supportive'. Pregnant teen daughter with high BP, scared of labor & possible c-section - so she tells her how hard everything is going to be then lectures her to be strong.  I know she's not L&D (thankfully), but I wouldn't want her as my nurse even in the OB/Gyn office. No warm fuzzies from that woman at. all

Everything she says, she says with one eye on the camera. She's putting on quite a "tough love" show. And boy howdy is there some anger there. She seems to enjoy her daughter's discomfort.

22 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I'm not so sure. I have a feeling that, in their community and among their social circle, grandparents raising grandkids, even great grandkids, is not unusual.

19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But they created the hell they're living in. They indulge McKayla's every whim. They should have encouraged her more to try and make it work with Caelen, made it harder for her to come home. They should have set up rules if she's going to live there - work/school. We're not babysitting all the time. Etc. But they don't. They deserve everything they get, IMO. 

Yes, this. They have no one to blame but themselves. Its their clusterfuck, they own it.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I don't think Khloe is Jessica's best friend.  Jessica has a younger child in the home and what seems to be an attentive husband - who has stepped up to be a parent to Khloe apparently in the past.  I think Jessica is way over the top but if my daughter was in that situation I would probably behave in a similar manner (and gosh, my daughter's friends always told me (without me asking by the way) when something was going on sketchy with one of her boyfriends). 

I think Jessica considered Chloe to be her best friend, based on her disappointment that she wasn't going to get to participate in Chloe's high school moments.  But I'm old, of an era when kids just lived their lives and shared moments with their friends.

I'm also old enough that in my crowd, we didn't talk to our friends' parents any more than necessary when in their houses.  And we certainly didn't ever rat on our friends, and definitely wouldn't have done it on our own volition. 

It's actually ironic, because these days, there are all sorts of ways to spy on your kid and find out what's going on, instead of tipping your hand and asking, never mind badgering, their friends.  Perhaps that's why I bristle at Jessica leaning on Chloe's friend.  If she's too lazy to spy, then she could just ask Max's father.  And if she doesn't want to speak to him, then she can just deal with the consequences of that decision, instead of making Chloe's friend pay the price.

21 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Max is a disaster waiting to happen and as a parent Jessica needs to limit exposure to him. 

The problem with that justification is that Jessica isn't limiting Chloe's exposure to Max; she's limiting her own exposure to him by having the only rule be that he can't be in her house.  In fact, didn't she sign the permission slip that would allow him to go to the prom?  (I think Chloe didn't have to go through with her forgery scheme.)

12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@StatisticalOutlier, she’s still around on SiriusXM, Channel 111, 2-5 Eastern time.

Oh, actually, I couldn't stand her, but had to give her credit for that one line.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Yeah- to the above with Tyra's mom: 

It's almost like she's pimping out her daughters for the guys who want to keep "hooking up with" them to live there, they'll shell out rent $$. Very bizarre behavior.  I'd be staying with my grandma/ mom also if I were Alex. He's right not to want to live in a chaotic house with 3 teen moms and the whacked out mom breathing down his neck for $$. He may be the wisest CHILD on the show. His grandma & mom are very weird towards Tyra with the baby though. Inappropriate comments and grabbing at the baby and waking her are uncalled for.  

I hope Anthony decides to stay at home, too. 

• Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 8:53 PM, kitkat343 said:

You might be upset because of how unbelievably stupid Cloe's lies are.  ... And secondly,  everyone in their small town is probably gossiping about every single thing he does. 

Don't they live in Phoenix?  Not exactly a gossipy small town.

But I get your point--it's one thing to lie to me, and entirely another to insult my intelligence with your lies.  But I really do think it's more the casual way she does it, as if there's absolutely nothing wrong with lying.

Like getting the permission slip signed for Max to go to the prom.  I believe she stated that her choices were (1) get Jessica to sign it, (2) get someone else's mother to sign it, or (3) forge it.  To hear her tell it, they are all co-equal options.  I think that's the sign of some sort of personality "issue."

• Love 4