Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I just saw a post on Carlin's Insta - Layla was sending carlin a message...I have no clue...I could not understand what she was saying at all...not one word....that is really sad...

• Sad 7
48 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I just saw a post on Carlin's Insta - Layla was sending carlin a message...I have no clue...I could not understand what she was saying at all...not one word....that is really sad...

Same. My first thought was - what is up with that child? She comes across A LOT younger than she is. Most 4 year olds can tell a story/send a message pretty clearly. Even most 3 year olds can do that. It's not like when they are age 2 and younger and they speak in such a way that only mom/dad/caregiver who sees them most understands. Between the speech and her being such a small child for her age - when bestie Khloe stands a whole head taller and speaks like a preschooler - you wonder. I mean I hope everything is fine and it's just parental neglect [not that I think parental neglect is a good thing but it's a fixable thing]. You wonder if C&E would even notice if anything was wrong - they seem to LOVE keeping Layla a baby prob since babies are a social media boon and that's how they are making $$$.

I mean don't they look at Khole, Willow, Tori's sons and feel like hmm - our kid seems behind? I mean even Hazel speaks more clearly and she won't even be 3 until the summer.

• Like 7

Wait so now C&E's romantic getaway for her birthday involves Law/Tiff + Mama B. Uh that's one definition of romantic getaway. Can they really not do anything with his family or her family in tow?! Do they get bored by themselves or something!?

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't see Lawson or Tiffy, but there was KJ with Carlin on the balcony. She has even worse FOMO than Carlin. And that's saying something. 

The way Kelly said, “Happy birthday trip!!!” to Carlin was something.

.I saw a picture with Kelly, Carlin and Tiffany.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Travis and Katie must not have been able to go to North Carolina, hence Carlin calling in the B team (or in Tiffany's case, the Z team). I mean, seriously Kelly and Tiffany third wheeling Carlin's birthday trip is the most random thing ever. 

With regards to Layla, I saw the video and couldn't understand one word beyond "Happy Birthday." That kid desperately needs real school and speedy therapy. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Honestly if KJ is going to travel why not go to Florida for Allie’s birthday instead?  She missed the party. 

Wasn’t she on a mission trip with Gil’s church during most of March?

Carlin is moving in on Tiff before her "BFF" Katie claims her. I am surprised Callie isn't with them. And KJ, KJ jumps at any chance to dump the not-so-little sons with someone else.

• Like 3
On 4/11/2024 at 1:56 PM, cereality said:

Wait so now C&E's romantic getaway for her birthday involves Law/Tiff + Mama B. Uh that's one definition of romantic getaway. Can they really not do anything with his family or her family in tow?! Do they get bored by themselves or something!?

Didn’t they just go on a romantic getaway a few months ago?  When they stayed in the tree house?

• Like 6

This get away was all for content.  How much time was spent on getting just the right picture or video.  It was all set up.  Just so sad to me that they don't even see how they are missing so many moments by pretending they are in the moment.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

They apparently rented (bartered for publicity?) a five? bedroom house on the beach. God forbid they have a reasonable space and spend some time alone. I wonder if they actually can have a conversation with each other that isn't on camera.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

They apparently rented (bartered for publicity?) a five? bedroom house on the beach. God forbid they have a reasonable space and spend some time alone. I wonder if they actually can have a conversation with each other that isn't on camera.

I'm slightly surprised they haven't started filming their toilet usage or sex life for clicks. Please don't give them any ideas. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

BSB is having a Meet & Greet Cash & Carry in May. I wonder what the turn out will be?

Also, I'm pretty impressed with little Layla, she seems to be very invested in her dance classes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

BSB is having a Meet & Greet Cash & Carry in May. I wonder what the turn out will be?

Also, I'm pretty impressed with little Layla, she seems to be very invested in her dance classes.

Swimming too. I mean let's be real dance + swimming are the only things she has as just her own - places where she gets to go and interact with other adults and other kids, and do something she likes. I predict she is going to be dancing well into her teens or until Evan decides that's enough I'm not paying for more of this. Z&W's kids seem the same way with basketball, soccer, gymnastics. It's sad really bc they could give their kids this experience 6 hrs/day, 5 days/wk, 9 months a year. It's called freaking school. There's a reason that most little kids like school. Sure it gets old by middle school and you'd much rather stay home and sleep and not have homework. But for little kids it is the best way for them to interact with their peers and other adults all day long and actually learn something. All these kids would probably do pretty well in school but alas can't send them to public school with all the heathens and maybe even non white kids . . . and neither Zach nor Evan is ponying up private Christian school tuition for 12 yrs for however many kids both end up having. Not to mention Evan has said clear as day that school doesn't give him the "flexibility" he needs - i.e. rolling out of bed at 10 am, skipping days when they don't feel like getting kids ready and out the door etc.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4

Carlin and Evan are on the road again. The latest victims are Papa Bill and Mama Jane. The Stewarts will be at the farm for the next few days. Carlin's new reels featured shots of packing, a stop at the gas station and the kids loading up on candy. Nothing like a toddler on a sugar high to make a road trip more bearable! I guess it never occurs to E&C to grab a bag of pretzels or Cheez-Its for the kids to snack on. 

So, what are everyone's thoughts? Will Evan help with farm chores or is this strictly a content trip? Will Carlin clean Jane's house top to bottom the way Alyssa did on her last visit? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So, what are everyone's thoughts? Will Evan help with farm chores or is this strictly a content trip? Will Carlin clean Jane's house top to bottom the way Alyssa did on her last visit? 

Naw, she'll redo a bedroom in 50 shades of greige.

• LOL 11
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Carlin and Evan are on the road again. The latest victims are Papa Bill and Mama Jane. The Stewarts will be at the farm for the next few days. Carlin's new reels featured shots of packing, a stop at the gas station and the kids loading up on candy. Nothing like a toddler on a sugar high to make a road trip more bearable! I guess it never occurs to E&C to grab a bag of pretzels or Cheez-Its for the kids to snack on. 

Carlin and Evan don't clean their own home or do chores all that often.  I doubt they have any intention of being of use to Bill and Jane.  I would imagine B&J will be praying for them to leave after just a couple hours, especially with their unruly kids who they barely manage to supervise.

It is, however, really great content to demonstrate to their followers how concerned and responsible they are and how they respect their elders.  So, we'll get some shots of Layla wrestling a broom around the kitchen floor with Carlin supervising.  Meanwhile, if there's a tractor, we'll be treated to video of 
Evan racing around the farm with Zade bouncing on his lap, no seatbelt or helmet, of course.

In other words, they will pretend to be helpful, but will actually be a hindrance.

• Like 14

I just saw that Lawson and Tiffany are at the farm as well. What's up with this newfound friendship? Evan and Carlin used to be in Nashville every other weekend and I can't recall a time they ever went to Lawson's.

I do find it curious that Katie and Travis are doing their own thing. Aside from the initial move-in video, it doesn't seem like the couples have spent much time together. Part of me wonders if it isn't a business move on K&T's end, as in they're trying to remain a separate brand. Carlin pretty much hijacked Alyssa's audience by posting the girls' birthday party to You Tube before Alyssa could get around to it. As it stands now, Carlin's video is at 115k views while Alyssa's is only at 53k. I know K&T have been out of town quite bit, but you can't tell me E&C wouldn't tag along if invited. 

• Like 3

I think its a business move dictated by their influencer contracts. Very rarely is anyone other than the kids in their shill videos. And sellers don't want other influencers featured in to many casual post or reels because they may shill competing brands. And if they're shilling the same brand, like @BitterApple said, they're stepping on each others pocketbooks.

• Useful 2
21 hours ago, cereality said:

Swimming too. I mean let's be real dance + swimming are the only things she has as just her own - places where she gets to go and interact with other adults and other kids, and do something she likes. I predict she is going to be dancing well into her teens or until Evan decides that's enough I'm not paying for more of this. Z&W's kids seem the same way with basketball, soccer, gymnastics. It's sad really bc they could give their kids this experience 6 hrs/day, 5 days/wk, 9 months a year. It's called freaking school. There's a reason that most little kids like school. Sure it gets old by middle school and you'd much rather stay home and sleep and not have homework. But for little kids it is the best way for them to interact with their peers and other adults all day long and actually learn something. All these kids would probably do pretty well in school but alas can't send them to public school with all the heathens and maybe even non white kids . . . and neither Zach nor Evan is ponying up private Christian school tuition for 12 yrs for however many kids both end up having. Not to mention Evan has said clear as day that school doesn't give him the "flexibility" he needs - i.e. rolling out of bed at 10 am, skipping days when they don't feel like getting kids ready and out the door etc.

I think we are beyond just " heathens" at school ...at this point..from my point of view...this world is turned upside down....

• Like 4

Seeing Carlin interact with Papa Bill was very sad. She had to tell him who Layla and Zade were. He barely acknowledged a picture Layla drew for him. But he could express that he was H-O-T. I hope he still knows Jane. 

It must be hell for her when she doesn't have extra help. I hope Gil's siblings who live on the property are of some assistance. 

• Sad 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Seeing Carlin interact with Papa Bill was very sad. She had to tell him who Layla and Zade were. He barely acknowledged a picture Layla drew for him. But he could express that he was H-O-T. I hope he still knows Jane. 

It must be hell for her when she doesn't have extra help. I hope Gil's siblings who live on the property are of some assistance. 

Dementia can be different for a lot of people. From my experiences (too many at this point to not fear it for myself), the spouse is usually the last forgotten. That said, it is still very hard because he probably feels a lot of pressure and frustration. My mother had some dementia related to a previous treatment of cancer. She would become very agitated and angry. At the end she was throwing things at me and demanding my father leave (me too but I was stubborn). 

This isn't something we as watchers and followers know or can judge, but it might be time for them to consider some professional help for them. Jane's got some mobility issues. Bill is communicating less and less. 

All that said, I am not surprised he didn't recognize or remember Carlin and the kids. There are just so many in that family. I appreciate that Alyssa's visit was quiet. She worked to help them. She didn't bring all five kids and make more noise and confusion. I was Allie's age when my grandfather died of a brain tumor. Not dementia but he had cognitive issues after his surgery and treatment. I wish I could remember him in better days and not just automatically remember him not knowing me. Things he said and did were scary. I hope that the Bates kid-adults will shield their kids from some of that pain and help Bill not feel so angry and frustrated for not remembering.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Agreed and yesterday’s interaction with him was even sadder. Bill and Jane were sitting on the porch with Carlin and Zade and Bill was interacting as Zade went back and forth handing his great grandparents flowers. Then Bill goes - you know I just can’t place your name and face. Carlin actually acted very human and was like it’s ok - I’m Carlin, I’m your granddaughter and this is your great grandson. She then kept talking saying - you were a judge for a while, we came to court with you sometimes - do you remember that? And he said yes - those were interesting times.

Carlin handled it all well though it begs the question why these interactions need to be shown to all. Trace/Erin/Alyssa/Michael visit a lot too - we don’t see the times Bill has to ask their names or kids names?! And then Carlin being Carlin in the middle of all this she’s like - I own a little boutique, it’s been open for 5 yrs now - as if she’s telling Bill about her life - and she drops an ad re the 5th anniversary sale?! 🙄

• Like 6

Your post is spot on @cereality. Carlin was so great with Papa Bill, but the BSB ad was shameful. Zade copying Papa Bill with the flower was adorable.

I'm sure Janie loves the visits. Its lonely taking care of a memory loss person and very emotional when its your husband/parent/family. The visits likely give Gil's siblings a bit of a break too.

I hope they leave soon and their next visit is without the kids.

• Like 4

It’s so bizarre to me that they are there to spend time with their elderly great grandparents with health problems, are having to tell Bill who they are etc, and meanwhile Evan is standing off to the side with a camera and boom mic filming all of this?! I imagine Jane wants them to leave soon and Bill has probably asked a few times who the camera man is and why he’s filming.

I mean if you MUST air something - why not just the videos of the kids running to see the cows or even the interaction with Zade handing Bill/Jane flowers where they just seemed like regular doting great grandparents. They don’t think it the least bit undignified to air clips where Bill looks confused as Layla is dancing or has asked multiple times who the kids are or even who Carlin is?? What’s next - showing the man’s medicine regimen or how he looks when he dozes off mid day??

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

So far what Carlin has shown of Papa Bill is fine, IMO. If she ever shows him at his worst my opinion will change drastically.

But overall filming every minute of one's life and posting it on SM is a rather sad and exploitative existence.

But this is Carlin we're talking about and she went above her very low bar.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Carlin handled it all well though it begs the question why these interactions need to be shown to all. Trace/Erin/Alyssa/Michael visit a lot too - we don’t see the times Bill has to ask their names or kids names?! And then Carlin being Carlin in the middle of all this she’s like - I own a little boutique, it’s been open for 5 yrs now - as if she’s telling Bill about her life - and she drops an ad re the 5th anniversary sale?! 🙄

Disgusting. She is now exploiting THEM just as much as she exploits her very young children. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin, Evan, Lawson, and Tiffany can’t just go visit the grandparents without all of the filming. It’s disturbing to me. 

Extremely disturbing.

• Like 9

I went and watched Carlin's stories after reading here.  I thought the interaction with Papa Bill was sweet.  His interaction with Zade and the flower was so tender.  And even Carlin finding out that yellow is Jane's favorite color.  Her (or Evan) showing a little of what Papa Bill is going through doesn't seem wrong to me.  They have all explained that he and Jane are having issues now.   For selfish reasons, I found it interesting to hear Carline say (with Jane's urging) that she was the one who came up with the idea of doing the boutique and apparently asked all her older sisters and Whitney to come aboard.  I guess only Erin and Whit were interested.  Having said that, the promotion for the BSB birthday sale this weekend was too much.  She didn't need to have that "commercial" in the middle of her porch time with Papa Bill and Jane.  I feel like Gil has asked his oldest kids to go and spend time at the farm so that he doesn't have to go as often.  It does probably help out his siblings, giving them a little break in the responsibilities and gives Jane some much needed help and company.  She seems to love the great grands being around.  It would probably be more helpful if Gil's kids went one at a time, so that it isn't as overwhelming to Jane or Bill.  Lawson and Tiff should have waited and gone next week.  1.Zack/Whit, 2.Michal/Brandon, 3.Erin/Chad, 4.Alysa/John, 5.Nate/Ester, 6.Lawson/Tiff, 7.Tori/Bobby,8.Josie/Kelton, 9.Katie/Travis, 10.Jackson/Emerson, 11.Trace/Lydia, 12. Gil/Kelly Jo.  They would only have to go once a quarter if they did it like this and of some variation.  Like Alyssa went alone with the baby.  (Not sure I got all the couples and also, it was HARD coming up with all the names.)  I would think the grandkids are loving that one on one with Jane and Bill too.  Probably didn't get much of that growing up.  

• Like 3
(edited)

Carlin must have put up some new stories. The ones I posted about have since expired. 

I'm not snarking on her here at all. She's doing her best interacting with Bill. It's a tough balance trying to figure out what he still knows. He seemed much more engaged in this last batch of stories than the ones I previously commented on where he was pretty much non verbal.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Carlin must have put up some new stories. The ones I posted about have since expired. 

I'm not snarking on her here at all. She's doing her best interacting with Bill. It's a tough balance trying to figure out what he still knows. He seemed much more engaged in this last batch of stories than the ones I previously commented on where he was pretty much non verbal.

Like many with dementia, he does better with smaller groups and one on one. There is an extreme frustration and agitation that comes with dementia. Think about the last time you couldn't remember a word or a name of someone in a movie or show. It's apparently that times 100. Lawson and Carlin were probably the worst two to pair together on this sort of thing. They are among the loudest Bates. 

I don't say many nice things about any of the Bates, as I think they are horrible people in general. They do appear to love their grandparents though. 

I will note that the others have showcased things they are doing there more than they have shown their grandparents. Alyssa cleaned the house. Trace did yard work. Michaela has gone and stayed with one grandparent at the hospital while the other was recovering at home and vice versa. I guess they made breakfast.

Others have mentioned the ill-timed commercial. I will add that Carlin will never truly change. She did Layla's hair in the kitchen while mentioning that Jane hates that. (My mother did too.) She has always shown zero respect for her grandmother's rules and standards. 

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1

I was fortunate that my mom's 10 years with Alzheimer's didn't impact her recognition of us. Luckily for her she was, for the most part, unaware she was kind of living in a 24 hour loop. So yea, everyone's journey with memory loss is different.

Its so easy for out of state relatives to remain blissfully unaware to avoid the heartache that comes with a long road of deterioration, so kudos to the Bates 19 for showing up. Even Carlin with her camera.

With that said, Carlin did mention she was "picking her accent back up". Which makes no sense because she's lived in the same area of TN her entire life, and never lived in NC so there's no reason for her accent to have ever changed. Its just another glaring example that Carlin is an empty vessel spending her life acting for the camera.

• Like 9

I haven't yet watched Carlin's latest video, but I did watch Lawson's video of getting a haircut and going to take pics with Tiffany to show off their sonogram. His haircut made him look like an Evan clone! IMO, anyway. He and Carlin are a lot alike in that neither one can ever stop talking!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

With that said, Carlin did mention she was "picking her accent back up". Which makes no sense because she's lived in the same area of TN her entire life, and never lived in NC so there's no reason for her accent to have ever changed. Its just another glaring example that Carlin is an empty vessel spending her life acting for the camera.

I didn't grow up with siblings, but I will say my accent is less pronounced than my cousins and other family members. I grew up in the suburbs rather than the country, had more friends who weren't from the south, and had a mother who was born elsewhere but spent the majority of her life in the south. 

When I spend time with family who are more rurally based and have stronger accents, mine comes out stronger. There is a video by this comedy group called It's a Southern Thing that does a skit about accents and how they come out stronger if you are angry, scared, etc. 

Not all southern accents are created equal. Kelly and Gil grew up in South Carolina (Kelly more mountain area and Gil more toward the coastal areas in terms of accents.) The OG 19 tend to sound more like Kelly rather than the mountains of Tennessee. Gil's family has the slower roll to speaking and drop the g on ing words. They change the sound of I and pronounce “I” as “ah,” such as saying “eye” as “ah.” Kelly on the other hand adds r to words (some of the kids picked up on this) and Gil's family can be heard dropping r's from words. 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I didn't grow up with siblings, but I will say my accent is less pronounced than my cousins and other family members. I grew up in the suburbs rather than the country, had more friends who weren't from the south, and had a mother who was born elsewhere but spent the majority of her life in the south. 

When I spend time with family who are more rurally based and have stronger accents, mine comes out stronger. There is a video by this comedy group called It's a Southern Thing that does a skit about accents and how they come out stronger if you are angry, scared, etc. 

Not all southern accents are created equal. Kelly and Gil grew up in South Carolina (Kelly more mountain area and Gil more toward the coastal areas in terms of accents.) The OG 19 tend to sound more like Kelly rather than the mountains of Tennessee. Gil's family has the slower roll to speaking and drop the g on ing words. They change the sound of I and pronounce “I” as “ah,” such as saying “eye” as “ah.” Kelly on the other hand adds r to words (some of the kids picked up on this) and Gil's family can be heard dropping r's from words. 

For sure, I get that. But Carlin never lived with the grandparents, so she never had that accent to begin with.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

With that said, Carlin did mention she was "picking her accent back up". Which makes no sense because she's lived in the same area of TN her entire life, and never lived in NC so

This truly does make absolutely NO sense 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Carlin just thinks it’s a cute affectation. She’ll forget about it as soon as she steps back in Tennessee. 

Much like Jessa Seewald and the exaggerated fake accent- UGH. It’s definitely not cute. 

• Like 6