Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Man Carlin comes across so . . .  messed up. She simultaneously is acting soooo extra bc that's just her personality + extra means more YT viewers so more $$$$, while simultaneously seeming like she can't identify her feelings. 

I mean she spends the entire time blubbering at the farm regarding how she's soooo emotional and it's soooo special that her kids now get to experience her childhood. Uh I get that it's nice that your kids like the farm that you always loved but let's be real they spent 2 days mooing at cows, they didn't turn into little house on the prairie children. Same on the ride home, hysterical sobs as they pull away from the farm as she goes on about how she can't stop watching the YT video of Zade handing Papa Bill flowers and how Zade just stood there and posed with Papa Bill and said cheese just begging for his picture to be taken and it's such a frameable picture . . . .

Uh Carlin could you possibly be sad about something else? Evan was the one who said at the farm that it was hard because Carlin loves her grandfather so much yet he can't remember she's the granddaughter. Also on the car ride home Evan let slip that Bill didn't remember Carlin even after being introduced - every time she'd walk into a room for the 2-3 day visit, he asked who she was. Now I get these details are sad and maybe Carlin just didn't want to say these things on camera for all, but then why must these hard family moments be lived out on camera then??

Though this was the kid who grew up with 97 siblings - in order to get any attention at all you had to be dramatic and hysterical. And when she as a teenager told G&K she had anxiety - she was told to pray it away, she wasn't grateful, she needed more church related thoughts and activities, and oh yeah distracted like a toddler - bc yep G&K involving your teen daughter in a game of broomball or basketball surely cures anxiety. So not surprising that at age 26 she's having some issues with feelings.

And of course Carlin and Law couldn't handle doing anything for Bill/Jane. Let's be real Evan let slip that they were only going bc Law had a project he needed to film on the farm and Evan was going to do the filming. So they went there for their own reasons + content. This isn't the same as Michael going and staying with Papa Bill at the hospital so Mama Jane could stay home; nor Alyssa going and cleaning the house; Erin and Alyssa both cooking; or Trace going and doing yard work and home maintenance projects.

These 2 grandkids could barely manage to make breakfast, and in fact they DIDN'T. If you watch C&E's YT, TIFFANY is the one making eggs and cinnamon rolls. Evan is trying to be helpful by making coffee (using 16 oz bottles of Poland Spring? Maybe they don't drink tap water on that farm IDK but there has to be a more efficient want to cook than opening individual water bottles?). But at least the inlaws took care of breakfast even with Evan annoyingly going on and on about how it's the circle of life - bc the grandparents used to be up at 7 am making THEM breakfast and now they grandkids have to do it. The 2 actual grandkids - Carlin was taking care of her daughter's personal hygiene in the kitchen while saying Mama Jane hates that, and Law was going on and on about how he couldn't find the toaster. And then when he found it - we got another 5 minutes on how simple appliances were back then blah blah.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1

I get how hard it is when your parent, grandparent, etc. forgets you. I could get snarky and say that Carlin should be used to it as one of 19. We saw her grandparents about 15 years ago barely able to list everyone coming to Thanksgiving and struggling with the names of the grandchildren before dementia was an issue. But it does hurt. I feel for her there because I know it is important for her to feel seen. 

She has zero respect for anyone or anything unless it makes her more of an influencer. From what the show showed us, she has always been that way. Mama Jane was a nurse. She would clearly have an opinion of cleanliness and reducing the spread of germs. Carlin and her family might not see illness as a minor inconvenience, but to the elderly it can be life and death. My own mother was admitted to the hospital with a UTI and things went downhill from there. (I'm aware you don't catch a UTI like the cold, but just an example of minor to one is major to another.) This time it was the hair thing, but it makes you wonder what happened off camera. Did she change Zade's diaper on the table? 

I want to believe her tears and reactions are real and genuine. But I can't help but see it all as performative. We knew what we were in for with the title, "Carlin's Emotional Visit with her Grandparents." I don't care to give them the extra clicks, but I seem to remember that each visit to the grandparents recently has included Evan talking about this could be the last time, etc. I get that you have those thoughts. I had them with my mom. Unfortunately, I was right. It just feels so staged and exploitive. 

The breakfast was a crap show. Notice Jane was hesitant about what to eat with those four attempting to cook sort of. But even I, a viewer, know that Papa Bill loved his grits. He said the secret to them was to read the directions and follow them. Is it that hard for them to make the man some instant grits? It might have actually sparked a conversation with him to discuss them. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, cereality said:

Law was going on and on about how he couldn't find the toaster. And then when he found it - we got another 5 minutes on how simple appliances were back then blah blah.

How much have basic toasters truly changed in the past couple decades? Sure, there are fancy, expensive ones but basic toasters have always been available and haven’t changed much. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

This time it was the hair thing, but it makes you wonder what happened off camera. Did she change Zade's diaper on the table? 

I believe she gave him a bath in the kitchen sink, I think that was the issue. I seem to remember a picture was included.

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe she gave him a bath in the kitchen sink, I think that was the issue. I seem to remember a picture was included.

Yup, but I don't think that is what bothered Janie because Carlin said she was bathing Zade in the same sink Jane used to bathe Gil.

• Useful 2

One time Carlin was decorating for something outside at the farm, maybe a Thanksgiving.  Under tents.  Mama Jane had asked the kids not to get on the tables, yet Carlin stood on one of the tables in her shoes, to put some decor up.  Mama Jane didn't like it when she caught her doing it.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

One time Carlin was decorating for something outside at the farm, maybe a Thanksgiving.  Under tents.  Mama Jane had asked the kids not to get on the tables, yet Carlin stood on one of the tables in her shoes, to put some decor up.  Mama Jane didn't like it when she caught her doing it.  

Yes, and point blank lied to her grandmother. She was shown walking all over the table covering with her shoes on her feet. Jane commented that the shoes were dirty (and her feet). Carlin said they were brand new. The camera showed they were well used and the narrative at that time was that they primarily shopped thrift stores. 

At another event, Carlin and several others were on the hammock. They all admitted the hammock was frequently overloaded and broken. So it breaks again. Carlin held the frayed ropes in place and lied to Jane that it was not broken. She tried to say it was Lawson but Jane again saw through her. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Yes, and point blank lied to her grandmother. She was shown walking all over the table covering with her shoes on her feet. Jane commented that the shoes were dirty (and her feet). Carlin said they were brand new. The camera showed they were well used and the narrative at that time was that they primarily shopped thrift stores. 

At another event, Carlin and several others were on the hammock. They all admitted the hammock was frequently overloaded and broken. So it breaks again. Carlin held the frayed ropes in place and lied to Jane that it was not broken. She tried to say it was Lawson but Jane again saw through her. 

And Kelly and Gil laughing about how they always broke the hammock when they came to visit. As if it was the funniest thing instead of them being assholes.  

• Sad 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

And Kelly and Gil laughing about how they always broke the hammock when they came to visit. As if it was the funniest thing instead of them being assholes.  

Yes, it was clear on that and a previous episode that Kelly was basically a burden to her in-laws. They joked that they would need to buy a new one but it would get broken too.

Papa Bill would make breakfast for everyone and Kelly was shown more than once rolling in after everyone else. A polite person would have gotten there on time or fixed their own breakfast. But she was sitting down talking about how she wanted the cheese grits and couldn't wait. 

During the Thanksgiving and Papa Bill's birthday episodes, she was never shown working. Mama Jane was a ball of nervous energy in the kitchen with the older girls. Gil and some of the boys were setting up tables and chairs under a tent. Younger children were decorating and carrying food out to the tables. Kelly was always shown sitting on the front porch or coming in the kitchen to chat about the next wedding or baby. 

I think Carlin learned from her mom. When they used to show the Stewarts visiting Evan's parents more, we saw very little of Carlin doing much to be productive at all. That wouldn't have flown in my parents' home. You had better earn your dinner. If you can't cook, that's no excuse. There are dishes to wash and tables to set. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Like 10
4 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Yes, it was clear on that and a previous episode that Kelly was basically a burden to her in-laws. They joked that they would need to buy a new one but it would get broken too.

Papa Bill would make breakfast for everyone and Kelly was shown more than once rolling in after everyone else. A polite person would have gotten there on time or fixed their own breakfast. But she was sitting down talking about how she wanted the cheese grits and couldn't wait. 

During the Thanksgiving and Papa Bill's birthday episodes, she was never shown working. Mama Jane was a ball of nervous energy in the kitchen with the older girls. Gil and some of the boys were setting up tables and chairs under a tent. Younger children were decorating and carrying food out to the tables. Kelly was always shown sitting on the front porch or coming in the kitchen to chat about the next wedding or baby. 

I think Carlin learned from her mom. When they used to show the Stewarts visiting Evan's parents more, we saw very little of Carlin doing much to be productive at all. That wouldn't have flown in my parents' home. You had better earn your dinner. If you can't cook, that's no excuse. There are dishes to wash and tables to set. 

Yep, Kelly, didn't do anything. What always cracked me up in the show Kelly was always acting like she had so much to do. But of course she always pushed it off onto her daughters. That one shower where Kelly forgot to bring the food (I think sandwiches). The one before Tori's wedding she decided to get her eye surgery right before the wedding. Most mothers wouldn't even think about it because their so busy getting ready for the wedding. Not Kelly. She was shocked when her daughters thought it was a bad idea and she moved it to after the wedding. The episode she had her eye surgery Carlin and another girl I think Josie tried to act like it was going to be so hard with their mother down for a couple days after the surgery. But it was clear from their acting they knew it wasn't going to be any different then any other day since Kelly doesn't do anything. She still had Michael come into help out (aka) do everything for her.

One more episode when later in the series when she was about to lose Carlin and Josie to marriage and moving out. She tried to convince Alyssa to move back home. So she could make Alyssa do everything. Alyssa put her foot down on that one.

Kelly is so useless. I bet she only decided on Thanksgiving at Gil's parents was to insure she wouldn't have cook Thanksgiving dinner ever. She knew she could push it off on Jane. Poor Jane it's got to suck to have such a useless daughter-in-law.

• Like 11

Honestly I think Kelly figures that since she gave birth to 19 children she never has to do any kind of cooking, cleaning or childcare for the rest of her life. 

• Like 5

I’m reminded of the time Michael wanted to go to DC to visit Brandon (I think it was the engagement time.) Kelly got out her calendar and said since Tory would be on spring break and could help with the kids, Michael was free to go. She was 24-25 at the time.   

• Sad 9
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I’m reminded of the time Michael wanted to go to DC to visit Brandon (I think it was the engagement time.) Kelly got out her calendar and said since Tory would be on spring break and could help with the kids, Michael was free to go. She was 24-25 at the time.   

Yes, I forgot that one. There was also (bringing it around to Carlin again) the whole thing about Carlin and college. She was attending Crown College to study music. After Tori moved out, Carlin was led by the Lord (cough, cough) to study at Liberty University online so that she could work with the children on homeschooling, etc. 

At least Liberty is accredited, but I find it disturbing that the trend is for the children to sacrifice for Kelly Jo's (and Gil's) decisions. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

At least Liberty is accredited, but I find it disturbing that the trend is for the children to sacrifice for Kelly Jo's (and Gil's) decisions. 

I read that as delusions. Still accurate. 

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

typical narc behavior...all set up to meet the needs of the narc parent...I know...I have narc parents....and my family is wrecked...going in to second generation wrecked....I got out and got therapy ( still go weekly)....tough to see the nieces and nephews so messed up...my kids are doing great though...cause I was the scapegoat and they are usually the ones who break free and break the cycle...Its is also why I cannot stand Alyssa...she is most like kelly jo...lazy , entitled....and messing up Allie so much ( I think allie is the scapegoat)....I would probably not like Erin either...she just does not post on SM that much...or at least it is very scripted....

• Hugs 5

Carlin posted a pic and Layla's 2 years younger brother is legit only 4-5 inches shorter than her. He is set to catch up to her fast.

Whatever happened to that pool they were going to have by summer? End of April and no ground broken yet. Given that summer starts by Memorial Day down south where the weather is warm, was the contractor BS-ing them? Did the contractor get a bigger better job so C&E's dinky child sized pool isn't at the top of the list? How ever will they party party now? It would've been perfect to have the pool to have Katie/Trav over all the time until Sept.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, cereality said:

Carlin posted a pic and Layla's 2 years younger brother is legit only 4-5 inches shorter than her. He is set to catch up to her fast.

Whatever happened to that pool they were going to have by summer? End of April and no ground broken yet. Given that summer starts by Memorial Day down south where the weather is warm, was the contractor BS-ing them? Did the contractor get a bigger better job so C&E's dinky child sized pool isn't at the top of the list? How ever will they party party now? It would've been perfect to have the pool to have Katie/Trav over all the time until Sept.

I am familiar with the subdivision where they live. I try not to say never or always, but I'm going to be surprised if they manage to get the pool they want with that yard. Those yards are known to be very rocky and sloped. I had considered buying an investment property there a few years before prices made that not such a great decision. My inspector recommended against any house there because of these yards and known drainage issues. 

Maybe their yard isn't impacted. Maybe their contractor isn't worried about it. I just will be surprised.  

• Useful 9

So I guess pregnancy incoming any minute now?? Bc Carlin posted an IG of Layla stomping around mad bc she thinks Carlin is pregnant and Carlin says it's a food belly. And oh yeah Layla has been praying for God to give mommy a baby . . . . I feel like they all do these antics and then a month or two later it is - OMG we're pregnant, Layla, Carson, Bradley, Kasie, whomever have been praying sooooo hard for a baby. I realize that family has more "baby in so and so's belly" conversations than the average family bc someone is always pregnant, but really how many 4 year olds who already have a sibling are soooo interested in having another?? I'm sure some may be but many may be too busy enjoying mom and dad's attention, school, summer, swim and dance class, and whatever else to really care if there's another baby or not!? Esp when they already have an annoying little brother in their faces hogging mom and dad's attention anyway?!

• Like 9
3 hours ago, cereality said:

So I guess pregnancy incoming any minute now?? Bc Carlin posted an IG of Layla stomping around mad bc she thinks Carlin is pregnant and Carlin says it's a food belly. And oh yeah Layla has been praying for God to give mommy a baby . . . . I feel like they all do these antics and then a month or two later it is - OMG we're pregnant, Layla, Carson, Bradley, Kasie, whomever have been praying sooooo hard for a baby. I realize that family has more "baby in so and so's belly" conversations than the average family bc someone is always pregnant, but really how many 4 year olds who already have a sibling are soooo interested in having another?? I'm sure some may be but many may be too busy enjoying mom and dad's attention, school, summer, swim and dance class, and whatever else to really care if there's another baby or not!? Esp when they already have an annoying little brother in their faces hogging mom and dad's attention anyway?!

My thought too. My guess is that Carlin will take a test because it made her think when Layla was so insistent. Voila! Surprise, I'm pregnant. 

I guess they need to grow their cast. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I guess they need to grow their cast. 

The way I cackled over this comment! It reminds me of 80s and 90s sitcoms, when the youngest kid outgrew their cutesy phase. They'd always have the mom pop up pregnant. 

I agree this is the set-up for the announcement and E&C feigning surprise. Their views have been tanking, so a new baby will keep the Tesla payments current for a while. 

With regards to the pool, I'm thinking of a possible scenario. They had a casual conversation with their sweet church contractor friend. He throws out a price range and a tentative time frame. Things change when he does a thorough yard inspection and tells the Stews they need all kinds of amendments, therefore more $$$ and a longer build. All of a sudden party! party! isn't looking so fun and they figure they'll spend the summer at Katie's apartment pool instead. Otherwise I can't figure why they haven't broken ground. We're nearly into May. As noted above pool season will be over by the time they get it done. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, cereality said:

... but really how many 4 year olds who already have a sibling are soooo interested in having another?? 

Not one that I have known, including my own. Most 4 year olds live in the moment and are more concerned about having a snack and wanting their sibling to stop looking at them.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

If they put in a fiberglass pool, it could be done in a 6-week time frame, like they have mentioned.  

Maybe with Katie's apartment pool they decided to hold off?  

If and when they decide to update their viewers on the pool, it will happened very organically, like this.  C&E are in their backyard playing the with kids and Carlin will say, "Did we ever update them on the pool?"  And Evan will say, "I can't remember."  And then Carlin will say, "In case we forgot to update y'all on the pool, here is the latest ..."    The heading on the title page for the video will be "POOL Update!"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

If and when they decide to update their viewers on the pool, it will happened very organically, like this.  C&E are in their backyard playing the with kids and Carlin will say, "Did we ever update them on the pool?"  And Evan will say, "I can't remember."  And then Carlin will say, "In case we forgot to update y'all on the pool, here is the latest ..."    The heading on the title page for the video will be "POOL Update!"

They need to give you a writer's fee. You just gave them their script for their next video!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They need to give you a writer's fee. You just gave them their script for their next video!!

I'll be waiting.  🙃

• LOL 4

It seems Carlin's latest FU internet is that she is Miss Independent. Her last few reels were of different days when she's alone with the kids or at least one of them.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems Carlin's latest FU internet is that she is Miss Independent. Her last few reels were of different days when she's alone with the kids or at least one of them.

Yeah at 8 pm Evan was supposedly sooo busy working at BSB. Lol. Dude doesn't work at 9 am but sure he was there at 8 pm. I imagine this is just lining things up for pregnancy #3 when people will say - but how can Carlin have kid #3, she isn't even allowed to be alone with kids 1-2. So yeah now it's all about being home "alone" with the 2 kids - or you know - have Evan sitting there gaming in a different room so she appears alone; driving Layla/Zade to dance and swim; taking Layla to Target; doing solo "dates" with each kid blah blah.

But it kind of begs the question, if she's totally able to be independent, Evan needs to only consider hourly work from home jobs + exploiting his family on YT, why exactly?? Oh right. He's lazy. Let's see you dispel that image Carlin - go ahead - show us your man can be out there 40-50 hrs/wk earning a living WITHOUT relying on YOUR store or exploiting the kids on YT.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

You know, Evan could make decent money doing video editing, but he would have to put the work in.  Some people seem to indicate he has a thriving video editing business, but there is no evidence of it.  I think he's done some work for their church which I guarantee you he wasn't compensated for and stuff for BSB.  Honestly, seeing some of the pictures advertising BSB, he isn't that great a photographer.  He doesn't have an eye for detail as often there are things like Kelly looking like she just rolled out of bed or white text on a light background that really don't sell the merchandise.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

So Carlin just posted a photo on her stories where she is holding Miles. She says Zade loves cousin Miles.

If you look closely you can see she has what looks like a tattoo on her thumb. It’s tiny- just the word love written in cursive. 
I’m guessing it’s just temporary, but it was still a bit of a shock.

• Like 2

I don't know about you guys, but I always thought aprons/smocks were typically worn over clothes.

It'll be interesting to see what Layla, as well as Willow, Hazel and Haley, will be allowed to wear as they reach their teen years.

image.png.77367aedb4a148caa2ee6aaf534aafd5.png

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know about you guys, but I always thought aprons/smocks were typically worn over clothes.

It'll be interesting to see what Layla, as well as Willow, Hazel and Haley, will be allowed to wear as they reach their teen years.

image.png.77367aedb4a148caa2ee6aaf534aafd5.png

More posing in an unflattering frock that she didn't even bother to iron first.  It boggles the mind that they ever sell anything at all. I'm not quite sure where one wears a dress that bares the shoulders and is so short it barely covers the derriere.  Sitting down without revealing the good china would be a real feat.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

More posing in an unflattering frock that she didn't even bother to iron first.  It boggles the mind that they ever sell anything at all. I'm not quite sure where one wears a dress that bares the shoulders and is so short it barely covers the derriere.  Sitting down without revealing the good china would be a real feat.

Personally, I think the dress is kinda cute, but I just don't see how this is modest.  I guess all the modesty goes out the window once one becomes married in the Bates household.  I might wear that if it had a short sleeve--as a matter of fact I do have a similar dress in embroidered denim.  I'll tell you this:  when I wear it, I have to take an elevator instead of the escalator.  

• Like 4

Carlin just told on herself. She reposted a reel today because she thought yesterday was Friday.

Almost all folks with a job know when its Friday. There are reasons for these words - Friyay and Fripay.

• LOL 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I also noticed she posted the kids in the backyard. Still no signs of pool construction. I wonder if they scrapped it? 

Someone posted somewhere that she knows the property in their subdivision. The terrain is very rocky (Rocky Top, anyone?). I wonder if it was cost prohibitive to dig? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Found a better word
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Someone posted somewhere that she knows the property in their subdivision. The ground is very rocky (Rocky Top, anyone?). I wonder if it was cost prohibitive to dig? 

I wondered the same up thread. Maybe they got a casual estimate from their friend, but when he took a look at their yard he told them a bunch of costly modifications would be needed. For the hell of it, I looked up some pool construction threads on Reddit. Apparently the building codes are bonkers and inspectors don't play around. We all know Fundies love to skirt the rules and cut corners, but if that wasn't possible I could see Carlin figuring it's not worth it. 

• Like 5

I guess its all about what C&E want. Do they want a place to cool off and have fun with their kids, or do they want an IG worthy back drop?

It would be cheaper and easier/quicker to put an above ground pool in their yard. And more importantly safer when little kids are around.

• Like 7
On 5/8/2024 at 1:48 PM, zenme said:

Personally, I think the dress is kinda cute, but I just don't see how this is modest.  I guess all the modesty goes out the window once one becomes married in the Bates household.  I might wear that if it had a short sleeve--as a matter of fact I do have a similar dress in embroidered denim.  I'll tell you this:  when I wear it, I have to take an elevator instead of the escalator.  

That dress is a lot more modest than what Josie wears.  Her skin tight dresses leave absolutely nothing to the imagination!  She wore a dress to church recently that I wouldn’t wear to a nightclub!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hope this 'sweet friend' doesn't turn out to be a scammer. Two things that stand out are the lack of a firm start date and a completely unrealistic timetable to get the job done. Assuming Carlin isn't lying to save face, this sounds a bit wonky. 

• Like 7
48 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I hope this 'sweet friend' doesn't turn out to be a scammer. Two things that stand out are the lack of a firm start date and a completely unrealistic timetable to get the job done. Assuming Carlin isn't lying to save face, this sounds a bit wonky. 

I assume she's lying to save face because well . . . fundies. Soon enough they'll make noise regarding construction delays and then bam pregnant so content shifts to a "new season of life" until the pool is forgotten. I'm sorry but no contractor who hasn't broken ground on a pool by mid May is promising a completed project by early June - certainly in an area with rocky terrain; not these days where we still have labor and parts shortages at times; and not to mention pools at all times have a decent permitting process which takes time bc you aren't the only one needing a city government permit for something.

They've been hanging out at Katie/Trav's apartment pool a few times/week already and I bet that'll continue. I imagine that feels like a private pool to them bc lets be real most adults living at the apartment complex are at work at 11 am on a Tuesday not chilling at the pool; and while school is still in session even come summer they may get the pool to themselves on weekday mornings. Lots of adults don't allow their kids at the pool during the day time while they're at work unless it's the type of pool with a lifeguard which apartment pools typically are not (and the complex may not have a ton of kids to begin with).

I imagine their "sweet friend" was like I own a pool contracting company, sure we can come out and have a look. And then he did and said oh yeah we can put a pool here. Great C&E excitedly had the city come out to mark the power lines thinking the guy was starting the next day + of course ran to tell their besties on IG. Then the guy's estimate comes in and C&E were probably shocked that their sweet friend from church wasn't gonna do this for $500 or $1000 or whatever unreasonable number they had in mind. But they'd already let everyone on IG know so now they can't be like well it's too expensive - I mean they need to show that they are rolling in it -- Teslas, new Jeeps, our own biz, Evan has sooooo many offers for video jobs, we own some $$$ investments 🙄. Better to drag this out until their loyal public forgets.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Layla is what 4-4.5 yrs old? Why the hell does she always need to be carried by that pastor of theirs?? Looks like they went to some amusement park with their only friends - the pastor/his wife and Trav/Katie - and there’s Layla in the pastor’s arms. What 4 yr old needs to be carried anyway? This looks like the beginning of the outing so it isn’t like child is exhausted and sleepy, let’s just carry them to the car - and even then I think that’s mom and dads job and maybe even Aunt Katie or Uncle Trav can step in in a pinch but this pastor really??

Isn’t she about the age where you start putting it in her head that she doesn’t need THAT much physical contact with anyone besides mom/dad, grandparents? Or if you don’t put that in a child’s head bc they’ll go repeat it, don’t YOU start paying attention to such things and start saying - Layla come stand by Aunt Katie for the pic - before creepy pastor picks her up??

And Carlin if “the best thing I’ll ever do is growing up raising you” perhaps you weren’t ready to be a mother. Most mothers I know were already grown up by the time the babies came - except the teen moms out of wedlock who you and your kind look down your noses on?! They may grow up raising their kids bc they’re 16 - you’re effing 26?!

• Like 10

That pastor is so skeevy. He's always holding Layla with his hands very close to inappropriate places. 

So Travis and Katie are at the amusement park right after returning from New Jersey? So much for that singing career. 

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That pastor is so skeevy. He's always holding Layla with his hands very close to inappropriate places. 

So Travis and Katie are at the amusement park right after returning from New Jersey? So much for that singing career. 

My first thought re Trav/Katie was - why exactly are they flying back Sat night, it’s not like anyone has to be at the office 9 am Monday?? Plus it was Mother’s Day - couldn’t Trav have spent that with his family? I mean it’s not like they ran back bc Katie had to see Kelly - Kelly’s off in Fla. So they came running back to become part of C&E’s pathetic friend group - ie the only church people that’ll hang with them - the pastor and his wife. You’d hope they’d be more like Josie/Kelton who do NOT socialize with C&E at church and appear to have made actual friends at church with people who aren’t paid to fellowship with them. Though given how much Josie wants her own life separate from the Bates, I doubt she’s interested in inviting Katie/Trav into their friend group. So unless they make their own efforts, they’ll basically spend life in Knox hanging with C&E and G&K.

• Like 9

I think a lot of Josie's distance has to do with Kelton. I don't mean that to say he forbids her from hanging out with her family, but rather he's like "I have to be up early to run a business, I can't have people in my house til midnight on a Wednesday." It's going to be sad to watch Travis and Katie's evolution from responsible parents to dragging Hailey around at 10 pm so they can hang out at Top Golf with Carlin and Evan. 

• Like 5