Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It seems like Zade always has some type of junk food in his hand.

It also appears that they are traveling in the car and Layla, who is way too tiny to be buckled into a regular car seat, isn't in a child safety seat and will either be strangled by the cross restraint or slide right under the seatbelt and impact the rear of the front seat in a collision.  And Zade is riding on his mother's lap with no restraints whatsoever; so he will be a human cannonball in the case of a crash.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 8
9 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It also appears that they are traveling in the car

They are on a plane. I should have said that originally. My brainiac comment was for the parents having Zade, pringle in hand, in the prone position on Carlin.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

I am reading a book called dopamine nation..its one of those books you read that is life changing...it involves addictions...and does talk about food addiction...I have also read studies on how food has been made to be addictive with - hyper/palatable....it has all been enough for me to never allow processed food in the house again....she is literally changing the kids physically , spiritually and emotionally with food - yes I feel that strongly about it....

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

They are on a plane. I should have said that originally. My brainiac comment was for the parents having Zade, pringle in hand, in the prone position on Carlin.

Layla should still be in some sort of booster seat rather than sitting on the seat with just a lap belt.

Where the he** are they going now?

• Like 6

Evidently they are going to Disney. Hmm weren't they all boycotting Disney? And how are they affording that expense. I like Disney but won't be going back because of the wonky way they have changed everything and jacked up the price. But you know it's good for some Instagram or Youtube income.

• Like 5

I am reading a book called dopamine nation..its one of those books you read that is life changing...it involves addictions...and does talk about food addiction...I have also read studies on how food has been made to be addictive with - hyper/palatable

A book which I highly recommend is The End of Overeating; Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David Kessler M.D. It is an exposition on how the food companies engineer junk food to be addictive. Fun fact: The Snickers candy bar has been rated as the most palatable combination of taste/mouth feel/and texture ever developed.  The food companies manipulate their product in a way similar to what the tobacco companies had been doing. In fact, they are often owned by the same consortium. I think it may be this book that also makes the link between obesity and the diet food industry...

I can not imagine the damage Carlin and Evan are doing to their children by pacifying them with junk food. And it's hard to believe the amount of money they are squandering they might need it later for health care.

Edited by Me from ME
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 2

Not to defend Carlin... but I have a theory about why Carlin is doing all this.

Deep deep down, I think Carlin has some sort of resentment and/or emotional scars from her formative years living in poverty with 18 siblings.  Part of me thinks she's doing the constant food, party party with the kids, and doing all these expensive fun things because she's trying to not only give her two children a better life.. but also to give her inner child those things.

Secular therapy could do so much to help her work through all of her trauma that she isn't allowed to deal with because of her upbringing, etc.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

A book which I highly recommend is The End of Overeating; Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David Kessler M.D. It is an exposition on how the food companies engineer junk food to be addictive. Fun fact: The Snickers candy bar has been rated as the most palatable combination of taste/mouth feel/and texture ever developed.  The food companies manipulate their product in a way similar to what the tobacco companies had been doing. In fact, they are often owned by the same consortium. I think it may be this book that also makes the link between obesity and the diet food industry...

I can not imagine the damage Carlin and Evan are doing to their children by pacifying them with junk food. And it's hard to believe the amount of money they are squandering they might need it later for health care.

thanks for the rec...I will put it in my amazon basket asap!!! I know america is jacked as far as what they allow in food...hubby and I lived in europe for 3 months not too long ago...I ate all i wanted, butter, bread..croissants in paris...mmm..and lost over 25 pounds...some due to walking...but the food was not the same as here...much fresher, cleaner....so yeah...those kids will have alot of issues unless she gets more real foods in their diet...

• Like 10
53 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Not to defend Carlin... but I have a theory about why Carlin is doing all this.

Deep deep down, I think Carlin has some sort of resentment and/or emotional scars from her formative years living in poverty with 18 siblings.  Part of me thinks she's doing the constant food, party party with the kids, and doing all these expensive fun things because she's trying to not only give her two children a better life.. but also to give her inner child those things.

Secular therapy could do so much to help her work through all of her trauma that she isn't allowed to deal with because of her upbringing, etc.

well...I have another book I read that sheds light on that ...understanding poverty by Ruby k. payne...its an eye opener too...in the sense that it tells the " language" of what poor, middle class and rich - speak..as in the poor column  --food is all about quantity...middle class...quality and rich..presentation....there are several categories...I have often been reminded of what the book says based on C and E's behavior...the food, the stuff, the cars...I have a whole story on how I did an social experiment using the book in a sociology class...to say the teacher was floored was an understatement...mostly because she was not engaged ..lol...but she liked my presentation...I also see birth order characteristics in them as well as some lack of nurturing with Carlin....

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

well...I have another book I read that sheds light on that ...understanding poverty by Ruby k. payne...its an eye opener too...in the sense that it tells the " language" of what poor, middle class and rich - speak..as in the poor column  --food is all about quantity...middle class...quality and rich..presentation....there are several categories...I have often been reminded of what the book says based on C and E's behavior...the food, the stuff, the cars...I have a whole story on how I did an social experiment using the book in a sociology class...to say the teacher was floored was an understatement...mostly because she was not engaged ..lol...but she liked my presentation...I also see birth order characteristics in them as well as some lack of nurturing with Carlin....

I love that book and attended a presentation by one of her associates many years ago.  Very powerful. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

It's funny you mentioned rich=presentation. It reminds me of the Kardashians' fancy pantries and walk-in fridges loaded with artfully arranged produce, 80% of which is probably getting thrown away because one household can't possibly consume that much, even accounting for staff and kids. 

Circling back to Carlin, I absolutely agree she's trying to give herself the childhood she never got to experience. Not only with the spending and the junk food, but perhaps the medical episodes and social media as well. The latter two have given her the validation and attention lacking in the first 20+ years of her life. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Over compensating=the fight response. In my opinion Carlin would benefit from seeing a therapist.

Carlin would certainly benefit from therapy, as long as Evan doesn't come along and film her sessions. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

My theory as to why Carlin didn't have any episodes during the 5 day "hotel" stay is due to the fact that Evan was right there with her. Perhaps if he stayed home and took care of his children and household during that time, Carlin would not have had Evan's presence to emotionally lean on. It seemed that she was afraid to be at home with the kids if he went out and worked every day. So maybe this had something to do with it? I think her episodes were stress/anxiety related. Nothing medical going on with her in this department.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

On another note, yesterday here in Orlando, was an awful day weather-wise. Not only was it drizzly but the himidity was awful. Coming out of my grocery store, my glasses fogged up from the change in temperature and humidity. I also had to navigate the puddles in the parking lot. Those kids must have been sweaty and uncomfortable the whole time. Yes, how could they afford the cost? DIsney just raised their parking prices to $30/day. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

On another note, yesterday here in Orlando, was an awful day weather-wise. Not only was it drizzly but the himidity was awful. Coming out of my grocery store, my glasses fogged up from the change in temperature and humidity. I also had to navigate the puddles in the parking lot. Those kids must have been sweaty and uncomfortable the whole time. Yes, how could they afford the cost? DIsney just raised their parking prices to $30/day. 

Judging by social media, the outing was a bust. Layla was exhausted and fell asleep on most of the rides. Zade was red-faced and crying, and even Hailey looked clammy. It may have been better to do the Disney trip after the wedding. I think the kids were tired from traveling the day before and probably overwhelmed by the humidity and huge crowds. I think Zach had the right idea by renting the AirBnB and letting his kids chill at the pool. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

When I saw Katie's pics from yesterday my reaction was 100%, this is what KATIE always wanted as a kid so they're at Disney. Nothing wrong with that, but I love the spin re - oh Hailey won't remember this day but we'll smile forever thinking about how much she enjoyed it. Give me a break a 6 month old could care less about Disney - they smile the same way when they see florescent lights at the grocery store. But yeah I agree with @JAYJAY1979 - so much of what these girls do is to compensate for what they didn't have growing up with 85 siblings and a dad who decided corporate work and salary weren't for him.

I legit think the obsession with getting Layla a cake pop every time she left the house as soon as she had teeth was Carlin feeling PROUD that THEY weren't going to deny their kids snacks and treats. Same way the Carlin/Katie must get themselves Sbux every time they leave the house; we've even seen the sons do it - Law, Nathan, Trace, Jackson leaving convenient stores with arms full of chips and snacks. Clearly bc they didn't have that stuff around the house growing up and when/if they asked for it, they were laughed off as Gil was like $2 for Doritos (back then) - lol no.

But then it took on a life of its own as we all know C&E don't want to parent and have realized that snacks shut a kid up when they're being whiny or crying and you don't want to deal with it. They did it to Layla starting around age one and now they're doing the same to Zade - the boy CONSTANTLY has a chip, cookie, cracker, candy in his hand. Hell Layla walked down the aisle at someone's wedding (Law? Nathan? Katie - I can't recall) with a cookie in hand!? I get it sometimes kids need to be bribed to behave at a wedding but it was telling that the same wedding featured Willow, Kade, etc. and none of them required a snack in hand to walk down the aisle.

She's setting Layla and Zade up for a lifetime of issues re food bc she herself refuses therapy to deal with her own problems. I mean as someone noted above - even REAL food in the the US isn't super healthy compared to Europe; I mean even our bread and butter have way more ingredients and preservatives than the rest of the world. Yet she isn't even giving them bread and butter, she's giving them Doritos and Fritos non stop.

Interesting that Z&W and C&E are sharing an AirBnB (not sure if K&T are there too) but Z&W declined Disney. Wonder if C&E feel judged or like Z&W are now sticks in the mud for prioritizing their kids. But I assume Z&W were like - ugh DIsney for a day after a 10 hour drive and the next day is Jackson's rehearsal, everyone will be exhausted and cranky, pass. Wonder what they tell their kids - why their cousins stay up until midnight, go to Disney etc. and they don't. Though they're young - could always play it off as - we'll go soon, just not now bc we have to focus on Uncle Jackson's wedding. Z&W's kids are in the wedding, Layla is too but whatever someone will hand her a cookie to go down the aisle and if she's napping during the service bc she stayed up until 3 am, oh well.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Judging by social media, the outing was a bust. Layla was exhausted and fell asleep on most of the rides. Zade was red-faced and crying, and even Hailey looked clammy. It may have been better to do the Disney trip after the wedding. I think the kids were tired from traveling the day before and probably overwhelmed by the humidity and huge crowds. I think Zach had the right idea by renting the AirBnB and letting his kids chill at the pool. 

Having been to Disney about a dozen times, both with and without kids of varying ages, my first piece of advice to any parent is to not take a kid under about 5 years of age unless you know that kid can wait reasonably patiently in line for an hour, can walk for miles without being carried and won't be freaked out by the noise, the crowds and various Disney characters who are much bigger than them running around the park.  It's way too much money to spend for a child who will neither appreciate nor remember the experience.  

If you want to take your kid on some amusement park rides, go to the county fair or a smaller, young child-oriented park geared for little kids first to be sure they will enjoy the experience.

Knowing C&E, they probably didn't do anything to prepare their kids, didn't make sure to get their kids on a reasonable schedule for eating and sleeping and certainly didn't figure out a way to give their kids a break in the middle of the day to nap or just decompress from all the commotion.

• Like 11
3 hours ago, cereality said:

When I saw Katie's pics from yesterday my reaction was 100%, this is what KATIE always wanted as a kid so they're at Disney. Nothing wrong with that, but I love the spin re - oh Hailey won't remember this day but we'll smile forever thinking about how much she enjoyed it. Give me a break a 6 month old could care less about Disney - they smile the same way when they see florescent lights at the grocery store. But yeah I agree with @JAYJAY1979 - so much of what these girls do is to compensate for what they didn't have growing up with 85 siblings and a dad who decided corporate work and salary weren't for him.

I legit think the obsession with getting Layla a cake pop every time she left the house as soon as she had teeth was Carlin feeling PROUD that THEY weren't going to deny their kids snacks and treats. Same way the Carlin/Katie must get themselves Sbux every time they leave the house; we've even seen the sons do it - Law, Nathan, Trace, Jackson leaving convenient stores with arms full of chips and snacks. Clearly bc they didn't have that stuff around the house growing up and when/if they asked for it, they were laughed off as Gil was like $2 for Doritos (back then) - lol no.

But then it took on a life of its own as we all know C&E don't want to parent and have realized that snacks shut a kid up when they're being whiny or crying and you don't want to deal with it. They did it to Layla starting around age one and now they're doing the same to Zade - the boy CONSTANTLY has a chip, cookie, cracker, candy in his hand. Hell Layla walked down the aisle at someone's wedding (Law? Nathan? Katie - I can't recall) with a cookie in hand!? I get it sometimes kids need to be bribed to behave at a wedding but it was telling that the same wedding featured Willow, Kade, etc. and none of them required a snack in hand to walk down the aisle.

She's setting Layla and Zade up for a lifetime of issues re food bc she herself refuses therapy to deal with her own problems. I mean as someone noted above - even REAL food in the the US isn't super healthy compared to Europe; I mean even our bread and butter have way more ingredients and preservatives than the rest of the world. Yet she isn't even giving them bread and butter, she's giving them Doritos and Fritos non stop.

Interesting that Z&W and C&E are sharing an AirBnB (not sure if K&T are there too) but Z&W declined Disney. Wonder if C&E feel judged or like Z&W are now sticks in the mud for prioritizing their kids. But I assume Z&W were like - ugh DIsney for a day after a 10 hour drive and the next day is Jackson's rehearsal, everyone will be exhausted and cranky, pass. Wonder what they tell their kids - why their cousins stay up until midnight, go to Disney etc. and they don't. Though they're young - could always play it off as - we'll go soon, just not now bc we have to focus on Uncle Jackson's wedding. Z&W's kids are in the wedding, Layla is too but whatever someone will hand her a cookie to go down the aisle and if she's napping during the service bc she stayed up until 3 am, oh well.

I'm wondering how Addee, Ellie, Callie, Judson and Jeb will far as they hit 18 and head on toward adulthood.

All 5 spent all of their formative years on a reality show with a consistent source of money, slightly relaxed rules, and more attention from the parents and older siblings.  Will be interesting to see if they'll be as materialistic as their older siblings.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

I think its more than having some lean childhood years and lack of attention. SM alone has made it so many more folks struggle with FOMO. Add in being an influencer and it gets out of control.

Influencers need all the latest things to be relevant and because they're constantly online, they see all the latest things.

C&E will never fill the voids they're trying to fill because they don't know who they are and by the time all the followers fall away they'll be broke empty vessels.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

In one of Carlin's latest reels, Bradley is floating Zade around in the pool, tossing a ball. Zade looked so cute and happy and I realized this is the first time I've ever seen anyone playing with him, as opposed to dumping him in a stroller and shoving a cookie into his hand. 

Layla was eating her usual dinner meal of corn chips during the rehearsal (shocker, I know). 

The outdoor venue for the wedding looks beautiful, I just hope they have nice weather. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2023 at 4:28 PM, Me from ME said:

I put a hold on this book from the library. It's already there for pick up. I'm looking forward to reading it. If I like it, maybe I'll suggest it to C&E!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kudos to Carlin letting a one year old hold a sparkler at Jackson/Emerson's wedding departure.

Sure she's holding it but then she's holding him + his hand is holding the sparkler too. The whole time she's cooing about how cute he is - gazing adoringly at him, looking behind her blah blah, never once looking at the sparkler - the kid had every opportunity to move his hand off the stick and stick it right into the fire to see what it was, as mom was not watching his hands at all.

And notice how at the rehearsal all the other flower girls were running around with empty baskets and Layla was the only one who needed snacks in the basket?? Carlin thought it was the cutest that Layla had a snack break during the rehearsal and then later Carlin was taking snacks out of Layla's basket and giving them to Zade. Yet none of the other kids in the wedding needed to be bribed with crackers to get thru a 45 min rehearsal - one that was probably followed by dinner anyway.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Carlin thanks and tags on Instagram Alyssa’s sweet friend Tikky for some fake nails. I guess she’s still around but Alyssa has learned not to tag her for the matchy match dresses the Webster girls wear.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2

Okay, everyone. I need your opinions. Did Carlin deliberately ignore a dress code? Notice who stands out in the family photo....

It seems like way too much of a coincidence that every Bates is in blue, deep navy or black (minus the bridesmaids) but Carlin is wearing bright ass gold. I know Tiffy and Esther wore pink, but they wouldn't be in the siblings-only picture. Even the dark green of the bridesmaid's dresses blends in. Did Carlin's Main Character Syndrome get the best of her?

Screenshot_20231017-171847_(1).thumb.png.fcc60ab8471aac76d821f9615bf173c8.png

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Okay, everyone. I need your opinions. Did Carlin deliberately ignore a dress code? Notice who stands out in the family photo....

It seems like way too much of a coincidence that every Bates is in blue, deep navy or black (minus the bridesmaids) but Carlin is wearing bright ass gold. I know Tiffy and Esther wore pink, but they wouldn't be in the siblings-only picture. Even the dark green of the bridesmaid's dresses blends in. Did Carlin's Main Character Syndrome get the best of her?

Screenshot_20231017-171847_(1).thumb.png.fcc60ab8471aac76d821f9615bf173c8.png

Maybe she didn’t get the memo? 😂

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe she didn’t get the memo? 😂

She got the memo and ignored it.  She wanted to make sure she would be seen by everyone rather than blending in.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

She got the memo and ignored it.  She wanted to make sure she would be seen by everyone rather than blending in.

By the time they're doing family lineups at the last kid's wedding, Carlin will probably show up in a tutu or with a Carmen Miranda hat.

How sad that she acts like this as an adult because she never got enough attention as a kid. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That shit looks worse than the 80's Lee Press on Nails.  The nails aren't supposed to cover your cuticles.

I am assuming they are adult size. And Layla is a tiny 3 year old. 
I know I am old fashioned but I can’t stand fake nails and makeup for a child that young. Gives me Toddlers and Tiaras vibes. Carlin should have been a mom instead of a “best friend” and told Layla that some things are for grownups. There are plenty of toy makeup sets that are just plastic if she really wants to pretend. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

I am assuming they are adult size. And Layla is a tiny 3 year old. 
I know I am old fashioned but I can’t stand fake nails and makeup for a child that young. Gives me Toddlers and Tiaras vibes. Carlin should have been a mom instead of a “best friend” and told Layla that some things are for grownups. There are plenty of toy makeup sets that are just plastic if she really wants to pretend. 

Old fashioned or just smart.  Too many freaks out there and I HATE the adultification of minors

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought they made them for preschoolers. Toddlers would try to ingest them. 

The ones Layla was wearing were obviously for an adult.  They do make press-on nails for kids, mostly with cartoon characters or sparkles and bright colors.  However, they're not recommended for kids younger than 7.  

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The ones Layla was wearing were obviously for an adult.  They do make press-on nails for kids, mostly with cartoon characters or sparkles and bright colors.  However, they're not recommended for kids younger than 7.  

Aware that Layla wore adult nails. Wasn't aware that the minimum age was 7. My kinders wear them without incident. 

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Aware that Layla wore adult nails. Wasn't aware that the minimum age was 7. My kinders wear them without incident. 

I'm just going by what the manufacturer says on the box.  Like a lot of stuff geared for kids, people often don't pay attention to the age ranges when buying things for kids.

• Like 1

Just when we think their parenting can't get more questionable, Carlin posts a video of Evan sitting in a camping chair holding Zade. The game they're playing - Evan lights a lighter and then he and Zade take turns blowing it out. And last week it was Carlin letting him hold a lit sparkler. Man talk about introducing a 1 year old to things he need not have. And given how organized and baby proofed their house is, hope it never happens that the lighter is just carelessly tossed in the garage as they dump their camping gear for the next 364 days and Zade toddles up and grabs it before anyone realizes what he's doing . . . .

Can kind of see why they chose to go camping with Z&W rather than by themselves. In the years they've gone by themselves we've seen them sitting by a retention pond of the side of the road pretending to "camp" - with bags of Chick Fila clearly visible. This year actual camp site - Z is cooking breakfast potatoes over the fire in the morning; then burgers for lunch; then baked apples w oatmeal for a snack; then steaks for dinner . . . . And in each of these IGs it was JUST Z standing over the fire doing this. Neither C nor E was even standing nearby pretending to help/available in case he wanted help . . . .

Aren't Z&W sick of them?? At work a few times a week. Then shared a house with them in Fla for like 3-4 days and now a week later camping for like 3 days!? It was noticeable that Z&W booked it out of there early the next morning after Jackson's wedding. But they must be tired of them overall. It's one thing to go on vacation with another family when everyone is helping out - tag teaming with the kids, meals etc. Here it's like having 4 extra kids on top of the 5 they already have.

In contrast Josie & Kelton are camping with his family for the entire week and J mentioned that each family was responsible for 2-3 meals in the week. And then I laughed bc Kelton made steak fajitas using flank steak for his family yet when the Bates are over for anything - even an invited event like the kids' bdays - they get nothing besides the cheapest chicken + potatoes with salt. LOL.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, cereality said:

In contrast Josie & Kelton are camping with his family for the entire week and J mentioned that each family was responsible for 2-3 meals in the week. And then I laughed bc Kelton made steak fajitas using flank steak for his family yet when the Bates are over for anything - even an invited event like the kids' bdays - they get nothing besides the cheapest chicken + potatoes with salt. LOL.

Kelton is an ass, but he's no dumbass. He knows that if he feeds the Bateses good food, they won't appreciate it, probably won't acknowledge it, and he'd just get slop when it's their turn to provide. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

When I saw that C&E invited Z&W to go camping, that was my first thought as well. They know Zach will do all the work and cook real food, and Bradley and Co. can keep Layla and Zade occupied so C&E don't have to deal with them. I remember last year's camping vlog where Layla was a good distance away, screaming for her parents attention and they were both ignoring her. Evan was on his laptop editing videos, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, and Carlin was bored a/f. This year, they got Z&W as a buffer to provide entertainment. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2